Reviews of Travelodge by Wyndham Edmonton West 2 stars

18320 Stony Plain Road, T5S 1A7 Edmonton, Canada

#71 of 102 hotels in Edmonton

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The mini fridge in the room was very noisy. The hot tub jets weren't working the first day, but the hotel had it fixed and ready for the next day.

Although the hotel is a bit dated, the staff was very friendly and the value was good.

• Superior King Suite

TERRIBLE! Called to double check we reserved a suite on the main floor - we ended up on 5th - moved rooms the next day. Hallway smells atrocious ... our windows and walls leaked from the rain all night and soaked the carpet. Water dripped through windows and kept us awake ALL NIGHT ! Mouse poop in the drawer. No other suites to move too! I'm disgusted and want my money back!!!

Great Staff!!!!

• Single Queen Room

I had to leave at 6 am so there was no breakfast so even some cold cereal and coffee would’ve been good. Not mad just a little hungry leaving Edmonton.

The bed was very comfy, the room was very clean and great parking for my truck and trailer.

• Single Queen Room - Main Floor

Some of the games room was not operating and when matience came there they had no clue on what to do , more knowledge and keys to the games if they break down,but need more accessible to parking and going in and out

Nice , clean friendly

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Main Floor

The beds in my room could have been bigger and the room was a bit cold from the window

The breakfast was awesome and the friendly staff and greetings you received as soon as you walked in the building

• Single Queen Room

The room and bathroom were smaller than I expected but were very clean and tidy.

The rooms were small but cozy. The hotel and rooms were also dated but very clean. Pool area was also clean. Staff was extremely friendly and professional. Exceptional value for the price. Excellent location.

• Single Queen Room - Main Floor

The tv channels were giving us problems. Couldn't change channels or watch tv. They had to bring maintenance to check it out. Had a problem getting it going but eventually we got it working. There should be instructions on how to use the channel changer and how to turn the tv on so both the cable box and the tv work. Every hotel uses different cable systems.

The bed was very comfortable and it was great having a continental breafast spot!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I had to go up to the 5th floor 3 TIMES, YES 3 TIMES with key cards that didn't work and the check-in person kept telling me they would work, until I refused and then she called a guy on the radio who was surly and rude to come to the room. There was a battery or some kind of problem with the lock. It was unacceptable and was terribly poor service.

• Preferred Double Room with Two Double Beds

That the restaurant did not bring food up to my room. What's the point of room service if you can't get it delivered.

I liked that it had a little convenience store by the front desk. The prices were a bit high, but at least it's convenience.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The TV in my room was glitchy and the smittys supper experience was quite disappointing.

Complimentary breakfast was great, the rooms were very clean and the pool was awesome for kids.

• Preferred Double Room with Two Double Beds

We were woken up in the middle of the night by kids screaming and running in the hallways.

We loved the water slide! The staff notified me that the hotel was full and they recommended getting to breakfast early.

• Preferred Single Queen Room

The breakfast area is a little small. Gets a little to crowded at times and not enough seating.

The room was nicely renovated. It was quite through the night. The hot tub and pool is also very nice as well.

• Single Queen Room

The refrigerator in my room wasn't plugged in and it was a hassle trying to get it plugged in. All the outlets were used up so I had to unplug something else to plug the fridge in. Wasn't acknowledged by the front desk staff when I was waiting in line to check in. A simple "it'll just be a second" would have went a long way. Instead I was left standing there while a staff member looked at her computer screen. The other front desk clerk was checking someone in so I wasn't sure if I should step up to the unencumbered staff member or just awkwardly stand 5 feet away from the staff member who was looking at the screen. After a few minutes a guest came into the front desk area and continued checking in with the staff member who was looking for at the screen so obviously she couldn't help me. Just would have been nice to be acknowledged so I knew why I was waiting

Great value for the price I paid. Was looking for a bed close to the West Ed mall and that's what I got. The continental breakfast was great.

• Single Queen Room

Only thing I was disappointed in was the breakfast. When I booked my room I phoned into see if it was a continental or a full breakfast , I was told a full breakfast would be included with my room booking not just toast and waffles

I didnt like that we had items missing and when reported were pretty much told I was lying. and when i went to tell the manager, there was no manager on duty.

I like the beds were comfy

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Lack of view, was noisey during the night with trucks

Bed was very comfortable, coffee and fridge facility, easily accessible, pool facility to keep kids entertained and very close to west Edmonton mall

• Preferred Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms were not cleaned well. Bathroom toilet was dirty. Pool and hot tub were very dirty with dirt and hair settled out in bottom.

Location good. Staff was good. Restaurant attached to hotel.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The beds need upgrading, can feel the springs. There was a high pitched beeping noise in the room you could hear in the middle of thr night. The breakfast room was the smallest room i had every seen. And the pool area needs some serious updating. There is rust everywhere

Rooms were renovated.

• Single Queen Room

I asked about the restaurant and they said it was open so when we went the people in the restaurant told us they were closed.

We asked for an extra pillow as my friend has to have one between his legs. They said they didn't have an extra. Then they called and said they had one and brought us a blanket. I said no thanks we need a pillow. In the end they brought one to him and he was able to sleep

• Single Queen Room

The noise level in the hallway was quite loud and carried into the room.

Friendly and helpful staff, cleanliness, nice variety of foods in the complimentary breakfast.

• Preferred Double Room with Two Double Beds

The only issue we had, and not the hotels fault, was that there was a soccer tournament nearby and some of the kids made a lot of noise but the staff tried their best to stay on top of it. Thankfully, we were all still able to sleep.

The breakfast spread was perfect, a little something for everyone. S

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Main Floor

The waterside is closed until 2pm. The room didn’t have a closet. The people next door were loud and coming at all hours. The hotel is dated and a duvet would be nicer. The pool area is too bright.

I liked the easy process to book.

• Single Queen Room

Parking lot, and the strong smell of chlorine from the pool

was not impressed with the parking lot, it was very icy, was scared I was going to fall, parking its self was pretty tight in a lot of places and people, when they parked were almost sliding into other cars..

• Single Queen Room - Main Floor

a little bit noisy outside because of buses. could hear kids running on corridor or making noises from the room next to mine. toilet didn't flush well.

location housekeepers were very nice.

they charged us 200.00 when they never even cleaned our room it was still dirty the next day and still took our damaged deposit for hairdye on the bathroom and my common had almost cleaned it all and that guy at the front desk was very rude

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I was disappointed that they only have double beds not queens like most hotels. The room where you eat breakfast needs to be much bigger. The pool was very cold

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

i booked 2 rooms that are across each other and the and they said it was all good but when we arrived there i was told that it depends upon the room availability.. but all other else were good

• Single Queen Room

Pool / hot tub was a little on the chilly side

The staff was very friendly. It was minus 36 the night we stayed, the lady at the front went above And beyond to find me an outlet to plug my car into. Even to the point of coming outside with me to help.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Beds were a little small, not queen size as we thought. Air conditioner was needed so room wouldn't be to hot, but it was loud.

It was a fine night. Great location for our needs

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The prostitution going on right at the front door and the shady guy in the lobby who was making threatening gestures towards me in front of the front desk staff. Not to mention the different people coming and going from the room directly across from mine at all hours of the night. I will never again use any travel lodge for a future stay.

The hotel was clean. And staff were friendly

• Single Queen Room

Bed was comfy, room was clean. I appreciated having the keurig, fridge, and the microwave in the room. I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast each morning!

• Single Queen Room

cleanliness was not quite up to our expectation but then we clean things for a living so we are a little extra knowledgeable and picky about cleanliness In this case the mirror was not cleaned before and during our stay and the soap package was already open on arrival.

staff was knowledgeable and helpful

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

a bit dirty. run down. noisy. hot tub was not working for one night of our stay. breakfast was not great. hotel key card did not work at all. was hard to get into our room. beds were not too comfy.

close to mall and lots of restaurants. pool was ok. water slide was good. smittys restaurant was attached.

• Preferred Double Room with Two Double Beds

our room was quite warm. Even opening window we could not cool it down much. worst thing though was that front desk says pool open s at 830 but they fail to tell you that does not mean the hot tub or slide pool. pissed that we didn't get to use these facilities

the beds were very comfy and the outdoor plugs to plug in our car was great as we came when temps were minus44.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Showers were cold. No queen beds even though that’s what I booked. First aid kit wasn’t stocked. Pool area was freezing and not open during hours it claimed to be. Pillows were completely flat.

• Preferred Double Room with Two Double Beds

It's a little out dated,not the nicest place. Also our vehicle got broken into the first night staying there, we parked in the back because it was closer to our room. Also our room was between the smoking rooms and pet rooms (ours was non smoking no pets) so we could smell that.

We liked the pool and hot tub for the kids and the breakfast was good but the room to have your breakfast in was very small.

• Single Queen Room - Main Floor

We stayed for 3 nights. The heating system at the hotel is old and does not work properly. When we arrived, the temperature in the room was 11C (heating was off)! We stayed on the first floor when it was -32C outside. The temperature in the room never went above 17.5C once we turned on the heating system!! We were freezing at night. When we just arrived I mentioned to the receptionist that looks like there is something wrong with the heating. Maintenance guy looked at it and said that it works just fine, and its just takes tine for the temp to rise. After 2 nights I mentioned it again, and the receptionist sent another maintenance guy, who told us that because its so cold outside, the heating system can't keep up with it, hence its max 17C degrees in the room, and that the upper floors are a bit warmer. WHY in the world the front desk will give its guests rooms on the first floor that when its extremely cold outside, not even warning them that they will be so cold at night that it would be impossible to sleep? What a disgrace. I have stayed in many hotels around the world and the moment a guests mention about something critical such as a malfunctioning heating system, the front desk should without a question offer an upgrade free of charge, or offer 1 free night due to extreme discomfort. What a shame. Unprofessionalism and disrispect. Will not return and won't recommend that to anyone who wants to stay in the west end for a good price. There are other far better options for extra $20-$30 a night. Oh, and did I mention that someone was smoking in one of the rooms and the front desk ignored my request to check on that?

The location. Its hard to beat the location if you want to stay un the west end and close to West Edmonton Mall. Also, the price was lower then the majority of hotels in the area.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Main Floor

See above comment about pool.

The pool was good but the water temperature of the pool could have been warmer. Also the temperature of the pool area should have been way warmer, especially considering that it was minus thirty outside. As well, there is no shower in the pool area.

• Single Queen Room - Main Floor

1.There were no plastic bags in the garbage cans. Especially in the bathroom this is a hygiene issue for the staff when cleaning the room. Was able to obtain a plastic bag from the room service personnel with the cart. 2. The cover on the bed slid off the bed too easily. Could be a different fabric would stay in place more.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Main Floor

Nothing in particular It just wasn’t the fanciest place I’ve ever stayed

The price was perfect The breakfast was decent. Not that much selection but decent Like the keurig, microwave and fridge in room

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms are a bit small and the hall is a bit noisy but overall it was just what we needed

It has a good selection for continental breakfast. Nice and clean and the staff were friendly. It's a short drive to everything we needed

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didnt like the shower.has no power.water drolling slowly and went cold.it was frustrating.taking a powerful speed shower after a long day means everthing to me.it didnt happen.

It was good experience

• Single Queen Room - Main Floor

No negative comments about our stay there, as we enjoyed our stay there.

We didn't have a chance to check out the breakfast for this trip but I'm sure it was great as our stay there at the hotel.

• Single Queen Room

Well first, we get there the sheets are dirty. Second the drain for the tub, it barely drains so when your showering you have water up past your ankles. Screaming kids running up and down hallways. The last night we stayed there, there was grown men fighting in the hallway and in their room, all we could hear was things smashing and kids screaming and them yelling. This was at about 11pm. I called down to tell them what was going on, they said they handled it, we continued to hear this going on for another 15 minutes. We than find out that they didn’t even call the police?? All they said was we called our security but me personally think that that was a police matter. Anyway we will never be staying here again.

• Single Queen Room

They gave us a joining room with other guest, so you could here everything through the door. On our last day they just slipped the bull under the door saying they charge my credit card, when I wanted to pay another way

They had a free breakfast but it was just toast and cereal in a very small breakfast room. It was very clean

• Single Queen Room

We didn’t have hot water for 3 days, the beds weren’t very comfy at all. The breakfast room was way to over crowded, people were very pushy and there was no room to sit and eat. People kept making messes of the counters and leaving food and stuff on the tables. There just wasn’t a lot of room for enough people. And there was no bacon, there was pancakes and waffles, cereal, bakery stuff and yogurt. I thought some of the pastries were a little dry.

Where the rooms were located was nice and close to the elevators. Easy access to the room. The staff answered all questions and helped us out whenever we needed help. Great customer service they had.

• Single Queen Room

The pictures are very decieving when booking this hotel! The walls of the rooms were so thin you could here the elevator ding! The water pressure sucked. There was only 3 lamps in my room, so it was very dark and cold considering the walls were cement and the floor was lammant! Cracks in ceilimg and the air conditioning system! Coffee maker didnt work! The whole experience was just awful. Will definitly not come back and am telling others how bad it was! Super sketchy!

I didnt like anything from the moment we checked in to the day we left. I was disappointed and felt scared in the hotel room!

• Preferred Single Queen Room

Staff who were cleaning rooms... rude and parked cart in front of our door and they were loud!!! When we said excuse me she looked at us like we had 3 eyes!

• Single Queen Room - Main Floor

I stayed there 3 weekends and I didn’t get a single discount though booked via booking.com

They should serve an English breakfast with bacon, sausage and egg (they already had the toaster and bread to go with it placed in the area) Cereal and waffles won’t cut it. Ramada offers the same and almost same price.

• Single Queen Room

noisy room, not soundproofed, smelly, noisy fridges, tried 4 rooms till got one that was remotely ok, old decor, cracks in bath tub. limited breakfast. whirlpool did not work, swimming pool is a paddling pool, you can't swim in it. regular police patrols in car park was worrisome. better hotels nearby. its cheap for a reason

mattress was good

• Superior King Suite

The huge thing that turned both my husband and I off was how strong the chlorine was in the hot tub. We always book our hotels according to who has hot tubs and pools. So we booked with travel lodge and almost as soon as we got into the hot tub our eyes started burning from just the steam. We couldn't be in there for more than 10 minutes. It was a really big disappointment.

Loved the king bed. Everything was nice and clean. Found one dark hair in the shower (I have very blond hair), but that's minor. Great soaps, quiet. Very nice robes

• Single Queen Room - Main Floor

My room had little flies buzzing around the bathroom sink coming up from the drain. Also I had to unplug the fridge it made this loud squealing noise. The a/c unit was way to loud and the room was too hot. The hot tube didn't work and the pool was too shallow. The bed was too hard. It felt like sleeping on a camping mattress on the floor.

• Single Queen Room - Main Floor

The beds were comfy. The room was large and clean, and quiet at night.We liked the location. It was close to the west Edmonton Mall and easy to get any where by car.The Smittys pancake house was handy.

• Single Queen Room - Main Floor

My booking had not gotten to the hotel. Apparently this often happens with booking.com. Thankfully, there were rooms and they did give me the reduced rate, but check directly with the hotel when you make a booking.

Clean tidy basic hotel.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

the jets in the hot tub were not working for the duration of our stay, the pool was too shallow.

The room was a bit on the small side, however, it was very comfortable. The breakfast at the restaurant was fast and good. The cleaning staff did an amazing job in our room daily.

• Preferred Double Room with Two Double Beds

I used the laundry room for guests which was great to have however the one dryer was broken inside and the other dryer I had to run the clothes through twice to get them dry. The pool at the bottom of the waterslide was very shallow and seems dangerous. I jarred my leg pretty hard and saw a little girl limping as well when she got out.

I liked that it had a laundry room available for guests. It is a pet friend hotel for some rooms. The beds were comfortable.

• Preferred Double Room with Two Double Beds

Requested adjoining rooms but upon arrival could not accommodate. Refused to cancel booking or upgrade room as they were fully booked. Asked for a cot but they didn't have one. Room service wouldn't answer their phone and when we finally got through an hour later told us they couldn't drop off food and we had to go come get it. But then they told us we couldn't order what we wanted because their oven was broken. Called the front desk to file a complaint but they told us that room service was outsourced and was independant from their company so they wanted nothing to do with it and couldn't help. Hot tub was broken.

Location was great. Rooms were clean! Cleaning staff was friendly!

• Single Queen Room

I wish the pools were bigger maybe have the water slide one connecting into the other pool or something for more room. Elevator was getting fixed but i mean can never hurt to have a good leg day and by now it'll have been fixed. $200 security deposit for paying with debit. a warning on the site would have been good for first time travelers like me and my friend

We had our car broken into while there and the staff was so reassuring. This was my friend and I's first time traveling without our parents and the staff jumped to help us and even calling booking.com and let us go home a day early with a full refund for that day and everything. they even called booking.com for us instead so we didn't have to wait at home. they were amazing!!!

Rooms were quite small and bathroom very small and little counter space.

Enjoyed pool that was open 830am to 10pm. Quiet clean rooms that are very modern.

• Preferred Double Room with Two Double Beds

The beds were only doubles and the room doesn't have space for a cot. It was a little tight sleeping 4 people.

The room was comfortable and had a microwave, keurig, and fridge. The water slide kept my kids busy.

• Preferred Single Queen Room

There is no sound proof so we could hear the people beside us all night. The door also doesn't shut all the way so we had to be extra careful that it shut.

The hotel was newly renovated, clean rooms and friendly staff

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It's unfortunate when we booked that we were unaware of the nonworking elevator. I also requested a ground floor room and ended up with a 5th floor room. It was a real inconvenience to haul 3 kids, plus luggage up 5 flights of stairs.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

--No elevator to 5th floor. --My son had went ask the lady at the receptionist desk to put the water slide on and she told him they don't put it on till 2:30, so my husband and son didn't swim long. My husband and son were ready to leave when the pool when they noticed a man who had a Travelodge shirt came in with 2 white ladies and 2 kids and went put the water slide on for them. My husband and son didn't like that they were told the time of 2:30 when the other got to use. I find that this is racist as my son and husband are natives which their appearance is very clearly to see who they are by their long hairs and skin colour.

The rate of room was good.

• Preferred Double Room with Two Double Beds

The aircondition unit in our room made loud noise

Love that they accomodate our fur family...its not always that easy to find accomodation that allows pet..they have clean room and friedly staff..our kids loved the water park, the slide was awesome

• Single Queen Room - Main Floor

The bed and the pillows comfy very nice The pool was smaller than expected as well the exercise room. the waterslide was good. the ice machine was broken as well as a elevator. the hotel computer was a bit of a sticky mess but the access was nice.

• Preferred Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like the beds, they were hard and not very comfortable.

Location is good. Close to amenities with easy access. Staff was great and friendly.

• Single Queen Room

pls don't sell rooms with discounted rate with this kind of condition. I just had my Achilles heel operation 8months ago. just imagine 5th flr without elevator. I use to work in the hotel too we don't use the elevator problem as a discounted promo.

one white front office staff change my room after that asian staff very rudely said since you book thru Booking .com your room will be at 544. just use the stairs no elevator for you that is why it was discounted. she transferred us 318 and able to use the elevator

• Single Queen Room - Main Floor

Very busy pool area, nothing could be done about that, but no working elevator, no working jets in the whirlpool pool, Queen room I booked was fairly small, and the bed was not comfortable at all.

It was quiet, nice facility, the restaurant was Smitty's attached to the hotel, very convenient, clean and accessible.

Stairs

We had to walk 3 flights of stairs with 4 kids our bags and that was not right.. we asked for a room with an elevator and we were told they had none ...which we clearly know that they had some

• Preferred Single Queen Room

we always check under the bed in case we forgot something and someone on the cleaning staff missed an id badge that was left behind by previous occupant.

The restaurant attached was a smitty's which I enjoy in my home town and my husband hates; however he really enjoyed the breakfast they offered and the staff were great. The room staff brought extra towels and pillow even though we requested them late in the evening and check out was so easy! The daily trip to the mall was quick and easy and there were some nice restaurants nearby.

• Preferred Double Room with Two Double Beds

There wasn't anything I didn't like

the pool was the best , nice to have vending machine for munchies , and restaurant right there :) was nicely priced as well

• Single Queen Room

Elevator was out of order, desk clerk tried to sell up for more money to the other building that elevator did work. Sink in washroom was clogged, inconviently had to switch rooms in the middle of the night (didn't want to disturb other guests with my moving from one room to another gathering and bringing all my things as shutting doors, luggage wheeling and heavy movement are loud, tried to be as quiet as possible), night service desk clerk made it seem like it was my fault that I had to move rooms, unfortunately doesn't have good people skills on how to talk to guests. Smitty's washroom is always a mess and the soap dispenser wasn't working properly. No soap to wash hands, even when I took it up with the manager at the restaurant. It still wasn't fixed the next day. I had to get a one time use key and use the pool washroom to wash my hands. Fitness room was a mess. Bed in my room one time wasn't made properly that it made me wonder if the housekeeper changed the sheets at all or forgot because there was a power outage. Best to recheck the rooms and ask the guests if everything was ok in the room if possible because there was a power outage and understandable if the housekeeper would have missed something but could easily fix it afterwards.

Good price, lots of good conveninences from 24hr service desk with side mini convinence store area, vending machines, fitness room, laundry room, restaurant, pool and other amenities. In walking distance to fast food restaurants and convenience stores, close distance to West Edmonton Mall. Asked for extra towels and toilet paper for the washroom, which the housekeeper (sorry I didn't get your name, I would have given you credit for this) was kind enough to let me have without hesitation and right away. Staff member named Ryan handled my extremely heavy luggage down many flights of stairs well and wouldn't take my tip afterwards, just said that he was happy to do it. That was the two best service I had there. Service like that keeps a guest like me coming back for I have stayed at this Travelodge location before. Good staff like Ryan and (please forgive me for not catching your name) housekeeper gives me hope that there will be improvements even with it's short comings, I'm still willing to give the this Travelodge location another stay.

• Preferred Double Room with Two Double Beds

The lack of art and decoration for the building and the rooms. The room needs some renovation and upgrading.

It was close to West Edmenton mall. The cable on TV was good and included HBO.

• Single Queen Room - Main Floor

The property is kept clean, the staff is very nice and it is a good location. It is by Denny's, McDonald's , also very close to Edmonton mall aswell as other locations .

• Preferred Double Room with Two Double Beds

That every time we tried to leave the room the key would not work to get back in 12 am and had to go to the front desk because the key didn't work any longer. Some staff were friendly. Next staff on were rude and talked in their language so we couldn't understand what they were saying. Was not told where to park. Gave us our hotel keys and turned away and continued talking in their language poor customer service

Liked the hotel and location