Reviews of Georgian Court Hotel, BW Premier Collection 4 stars

773 Beatty Street, V6B 2M4 Vancouver, Canada

#21 of 87 hotels in Vancouver

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

Comfortable, clean and great location!

We were put in an adjoining room and could hear some noisy guests in the room next door one night. Minor point, we didn't complain during the stay as it wasn't too bad in reality, plus the guests checked out the next day. Not the hotel's fault and it wouldn't put us off stopping here in the future.

Excellent comfortable, clean and modern hotel. We were also upgraded to a better room on arrival without asking. There's a hot tub, steam room and fitness centre which is a great bonus. Excellent city centre location, just a few minutes walk from the main shops and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Went to Luke Bryan concert and this place was great.

Only two elevators and no apparent stairways leading up to rooms means that when a concert lets out you have a large crowd wanting to get to their rooms. Recommend going for drinks or something else to pass the time until the lobby traffic dies down.

Great location. Friendly and helpful staff. Awesome room. Ordered room service which is supplied by their awesome in house Italian restaurant. It was delicious

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

fell short of my expectations.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed was sacked out. The coffee maker is junk. I got no sleep and when I went down to Frankies for a couple of coffees they charged me 8 bucks. 30 bucks for parking is too steep when you're charging 260.00 for a room. There's no pool, no spa, not even a muffin or an apple and they want to sell a breakfast buffet for 17.50.

Nice girl at the check in. Good parkade.good overall feel of the room and the hotel. I paid a little more because I wanted to treat myself. The bed linens were crisp and tight.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Love how bright the room was, the decor and colour theme of...
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access

The terrace was off limits which was a shame.

Love how bright the room was, the decor and colour theme of the room was vibrant and welcoming. Enjoyed the extra storage surround the bed. The desk was neatly appointed. our hotel room also had slippers, robe, a small emergency sewing kit, nail polish remover make up remove and also feminine hygiene products which was all welcomed by my GF and I. The conjoined restaurant had a great breakfast selection. We also received welcome chocolates from the housekeeping staff which was great. The front staff was great and even gave suggestions on what to do in Vancouver on a rainy day.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

We stayed here twice this month and would do it again!

I wasn't crazy about the coffee (too strong for my liking) and the continental buffet lacked fruit. I like having apples, bananas, etc rather than a fruit salad. I wish it had more options, more fresh options.

The location is fantastic! Easy to get anywhere in Vancouver by car, transit or walking... walking especially.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Restful and Relaxing
    • King Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

I could not fault this hotel and had everything I required including a restaurant downstairs.

The hotel was close to downtown and restaurants. It was a quiet hotel despite bustling with tourists. The housekeeping staff were friendly and gave me extra towels when needed. Our room was quiet which was ideal to get over jet lag.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Room service from Frankie's Italian Restaurant at Lobby...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

book early! we booked a week before travelling and it was fairly expensive!

Room service from Frankie's Italian Restaurant at Lobby level was quick and amazingly delicious!

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Very comfortable, great value

None.

Modern and spacious room, Clean timber floor, Huge and comfortable twin beds, Even equipped with curling iron and hair straightener, Friendly staffs.

Perfect location for going to the theater,...

Perfect location for going to the theater, football/soccer, and hockey games. Excellent customer service, luxurious upgrades, and ample parking.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

WONDERFUL!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Had a splendid stay at the hotel. The location is very good - minutes walk from the buzzing Gastown district, minutes from the centre. The service was great - helped to organise a complimentary shuttle to Canada Place. Rooms are modern,spacious, clean and have a lot of amenities (my partner enjoyed the hair straightener in the hotel - not really a standard worldwide). The beds are very comfortable. Would definitely recommend to friends and family. For that price, it is the top pick in Vancouver.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Great weather, great location, we'd do it again.

The two bottles of free water in our room had one that was half used. Housekeeping didn't replace it when cleaning and when I told the front desk, they didn't do anything about it. They didn't even offer me a new bottle. I found this odd.

The reception area was very friendly, rooms were very nice and location was great!

Great experience and plan to go back.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The booking was not in my name but in my friend who was traveling with me, Mary Price. This happened on both reservations...she was listed on the reservation but you had my credit card. We had to correct this in both places. Everyone was great to us and we were not denied a room....so all is good.

The room was beautiful, clean and everything very confortable.

Great Location but way overpriced

THE COST!!!! very expensive for what you get... above average rooms, small gym & a hot tub means the hotel lacks decent facilities which warrants the cost of your stay.

Friendly staff & great location

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Rooms where clean and spacious.
    • King Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

I had to wait for 2 hours for my room to be available. I arrived at the check in time of 3:00pm and I was not given the keys to my room until 5:00pm. The lady at the desk kept calling house keeping to see if my room was available. At first she told me 10 mins, then after the second call she told me 20 mins. I ended up waiting for 2 hours. The lady behind the desk offered me a bottle of water which was nice but waiting for 2 hours is still not acceptable. If I was aware from when I arrived I would be waiting for 2 hours I could of gone exploring Vancouver.

Rooms where clean and spacious.

The property has a baggage collection team who are just...
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The property has a baggage collection team who are just interested in coaches luggage. So when you arrive by car you have to do it all yourself including taking it to your room with the luggage trolley!!! They will neither collect the luggage from your room at checkout unless you are part of a coach group. Very disappointed with them and also the reception staff needs to learn manners like a good morning or good afternoon will do fine. Would not recommend to stay for the amount paid. Although credit goes to the lady who does the room cleaning it was excellent.

I would stay in this hotel again when in Vancouver to see a concert.

There were many people checking in at the same time and there wasn't enough staff available to help.

Location was excellent. We were there to see a concert at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre. Also close to Yaletown which has many restaurants to choose from.

Location was the best!

A bit expensive for the size of the room.

Location was the best!!! Very close to downtown and we could go walking to Robson Avenue!! Rooms and facility very clean and comfortable!

Great.
    • King Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

Rooms are spacious and well set out. Clean and well serviced. Hotel is in a good position. Walking distance to most tourist areas and good eateries. Frankie’s Resturant on site is first class 🙂🙂

Superb location, excellent service and wonderful staff
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access

Nothing really

One of the best located hotels in Vancouver delivering above average service, facilities and levels of comfort with friendly helpful staff. We stayed in other hotels locally on previous visits but they do not compare to the Georgian Court - excellent choice which will remain our recommendation for visitors to Vancouver

Cleanliness was the only issue. A bunch of cherry stems from the previous occupants were randomly scattered around the room. Particularly under the bathroom sink. The furniture next to the window had crumbs all over it that looked like someone had just eaten a bag of chips on it. Nothing that would make you feel disgusted to the point of it being unbearable, but definitely disappointing for an anniversary. As a result, I would not say our stay reflected the cost of the room. Considering this hotel has such amazing reviews, I would not suggest this is a reoccurring issue. Hopefully this is attributed to negligence and a bad day on the house keeper who cleaned the room before we arrived.

Location was amazing. Friendly staff.

Wonderful ending to a beautiful Alaskan cruise vacation!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

A little pricey, but understandably so considering the city of Vancouver.

Beautiful hotel, centrally located, excellent staff (very helpful and friendly.) Loved the comfortable beds, wonderful shower. Room and public areas were impeccably clean. Easy access to Hop on Hop off bus service. Would recommend in a heart beat to friends. Another excellent find via Trip Advisor!

Great location for concert at Rogers Arena or BC Place.

Great location for concert at Rogers Arena or BC Place. Friendly staff, great on site restaurant. Easy walking distance to Canada Place, or use the hotel shuttle bus. Hi

Recently renovated, room, sheets, towels all were brand new.

Cleaning in the room could be better.

Recently renovated, room, sheets, towels all were brand new. Great location, we walked everywhere, we loved the yaletown restaurants nearby. Very helpful front desk. We enjoyed our stay at Georgian Court!

Fantastic place to stay for your Vancouver holiday
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The Georgian Court is actually in a great part of the city called Yaletown. Lots of trendy cafes and bars close by and also within walking distance to most of the city’s attractions including the very quirky Gastown. Also the beds and pillows were excellent...a definite big tick in anyone’s language!

Other than the desk clerk's behaviour on our arrival. The rest of the staff were very friendly.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

I had changed my room reservation from King Suite to a room with two Queens. When we arrived at our room it turned out that they hadn't changed our reservation as requested. When I called the front desk, their desk clerk was rude and condescending. He argued with me about the change and wouldn't change my room unless I proved it to him. When I asked why he was being argumentative when I attended at the front desk, he simply smirked. I will not stay at this hotel again because of him.

The room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. We attended to participate in the Vancouver Sun Run and the location was perfect.

Awesome value and great location.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Beds were a little soft and but really it’s not much to complain about.

Perfect location! Walking distance to Yaletown, Gastown, Chinatown, and Granville. Felt very safe immediately around the hotel. Didn’t have a single negative interaction with any of the staff.

Great for a short stay in Vancouver

The view from the front of the hotel isn't great - unless you want to see the stadium :)

The staff were helpful The rooms were comfortable The location was pretty good especially for the stadium. Gas Town and Canada Place both within a 15 min walk.

amazing staff who was very helpful with all questions we had...

one elevator was out of order the whole stay and we had waiting times up to 10 min at the elevator during "rush hours" staff at the restaurant does not like their job and their clients at all ;-)

amazing staff who was very helpful with all questions we had, shuttle service downtown Vancouver was very convenient restaurant at the hotel serves amazing food to fair prizes - if the service would have been nicer we would have eaten there more often nice beds fitness room was not super but ok

The staff is amazing and has neverending patience and really...

one of the elevators was in repair so it took sometimes 10 minutes to get down from the 10th floor

The staff is amazing and has neverending patience and really makes this hotel a home away from home.

A fantastic experience and I would definitely stay here again.
    • King Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

The bed was a little firm for my liking but I am spoiled by my TempurPedic at home. The wood flooring in our room was a little bit slippery.

This hotel was comfortable, clean, and had all of these fantastic little details that made the stay wonderful. Each nightstand had integrated electrical outlets and a USB charger so we didn’t have to move the bed to find an outlet, there was complimentary bottled water, and light switches near the bed. The Nespresso machine made delicious coffee and they made a printed sheet of instructions so that I could easily make my coffee before actually having my coffee. The shower was divine with a luxurious shower head up in the ceiling and quite sliding doors. Our room had a little patio with chairs and a table overlooking the city. I would definitely stay here again.

Excellent stay.

This hotel has the two queen size rooms that are hard to find in Vancouver. The bed is very comfortable. The room and the bathroom are very clean. Excellent location. Walking distance to many restaurants.

It was good

The front counter people could have been more friendly like ur cleaning people such friendly nice people front counter people could learn from them

The staff were wonderful and our room, facing B.
    • King Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

The staff were wonderful and our room, facing B.C. Place, and all the beautiful sunshine was perfect! This hotel is completely updated and we loved our room, our comfy bed and Frankie’s Restaurant, where we enjoyed an excellent, we’ll peiced breakfast, with excellent service! We will absolutely be returning!

The bed was extra comfy and tea and coffee were good quality.

The bed was extra comfy and tea and coffee were good quality. There was three of us in the room and the room was of a good size to fit all our luggage and skiis.

This is now our go to hotel
    • King Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

There was nothing that we disliked

I liked the fact that we were able to walk to all the facilities we were visiting within minutes, Theatre, restaurant and casino all within a few blocks of each other.

Great hotel for the money!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Lighting in rooms dim, bad tv choices and outdated hallways.

Nice clean room with comfortable beds and pillows. Plenty of towels! Staff very friendly.

The hotel is very convenient in the city center.

The hotel is very convenient in the city center. There is a Chinese supermarket nearby, and the big shopping shopping mall is very safe. The hotel is clean every day, and the service is very timely and enjoyable.

Second and last stay
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff were not great. I asked for late check out and was refused due to hotel allegedly being fully booked. However, this was not true as a quick search on hotel sites quickly revealed. I will not be going back to this hotel.

Nice hotel, good location.

Neat stay in Vancouver downtown.

Though situated in downtown, it is set quiet a long walking distance to the main objectives. The hotel blocks an extra 75 CAD/night, as a deposit, without prior notice.

Very nice, clean hotel, with spacious rooms and great staff.

Happy and comfortable!
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Not sure what to put in this section.

The bed was comfy. The bathroom was awesome. The location is perfect, not too busy yet not so far away from the highstreet.

I would recommend. It's a great choice.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Hot tub was too hot to stay too long. Bedding could be more comfy for the cost. Would be nice if parking was included. It was pricey but it was also NYE.

I love this hotel. It's a great go to hotel in Vancouver in a great location. The staff are always awesome and I love the Italian restaurant in the hotel. It has convenient parking that is a bit expensive and a beautiful hot tub room. The room was flawless, updated, and very clean.

Fancy hotel for a decent price.

A little pricey but otherwise excellent.

Extremely fancy and prestine rooms especially the washroom. Service was exemplary and the late checkout was a plus.

Amazing value and great hotel overall!
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

We scored a smokin' deal for a few days during Christmas. The hotel room was a solidly clean, comfortable, beautiful, spacious 4-star located not in central downtown but certainly well within walking distance to the main entertainment/shopping/dining venues. I think it's possible that there wasn't better value for the money in all of downtown Vancouver than what we scored with this deal. The staff were also exceptionally friendly. Very, very pleased with our experience. Will be back!

Reception was very courteous.

When we entered the room there was a strange on-and-off noise which sounded like an automatic door sliding open or closing. We initially thought our room was beside the elevator. When the noise continued I went in the hallway and met someone who was cleaning the rooms. I asked him about the noise. He came in to check and said it was the heating system. Since we were cold we left it on but it continued all night just getting worse. Consequence, we got up with squinting eyes feeling very tired. Other issue: since the hotel does not have a coffee shop we asked where we could go for breakfast. The receptionist quickly said she would give us a list of restaurants nearby. In the room we looked at the list - it was all for dinner!

Reception was very courteous. Welcome cookie! Comfortable mattress and a collection of pillows. Absolute cleanliness in bathroom along with a pile of towels. Very good bathroom lighting. Coffee machine with provided pods came in handy.

GREAT location, GREAT price! Look no further!

Everything about this experience was simply flawless. Cleanliness, convenience, privacy, view...the list goes on and on! Especially for the amount paid. I couldn't have been more pleased with the value vs the return!

We had a perfect stay! Location and the room was spot on. The staff, very helpful. Will return.

Coffee maker was confusing and the coffee was not good.

The location was perfect for us. Liked the modern look. Beds comfortabke. Staff was nice and professional.

Excellent location, clean, pet friendly!

Queen room was a bit tight for 3 adults and a dog; next time will try to book a 2BR. Included breakfast would have been an added bonus. Not a deal-breaker; already planning to stay again and will recommend to friends/family!

Excellent location with secure underground parking (in/out for CAD 29/night), clean, pet friendly (CAD 20/night). Lobby gallery of famous persons who have stayed at the Georgian Court a nice touch.

Really nice room decor and style, right downtown close to...

The pillows were way too puffy, I had a pretty bad sleep just because my head couldn’t even sink into the pillows. The room was very dark, could use more lighting. The cleaning people were very loud in the hallway shouting back and forth to each other. The room was a bit dusty but mostly fine. I paid through booking.com yet the hotel charged me again, that was annoying.

Really nice room decor and style, right downtown close to everything. Great shower and lighting in bathroom. For being downtown it really wasn’t loud at all! It was nice to have a coffee machine and water in the room. They let us check in half an hour early which was great and the check out at 12 was a good time.

Wonderful
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Since its the holidays, unfortunately the restaurant was booked : frankies (no complaints about hotel)

Perfect little getaway. Location was very convenient for events planned. Personal touches in the room made it a cozy stay.

Very enjoyable.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

all you need is a basic coffee machine that is easy and not to have to read up on it to use. If you want fancy coffee - go out and get one.

Everything except coffee machine.

It was okay but will not stay there again.

The hotel didnt inform us that when there is an event in Vancouver they up the rates! Was a little shocked when we got our bill at the end of our trip.

The hotel was close to downtown and rogers arena

We live on a small island and are not used to the noise in...

We live on a small island and are not used to the noise in the city. We were very surprised at how quiet our room was! Perfect location as we were attending sporting events so we were able to walk to each venue.

I would stay there again as I liked the location and cleanliness.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

There computer system was down, apparently for 4 o5 days, the front desk staff seemed a little disorganized because of this. I also was unable to get room service. This was not very impressive.

The bed was excellent and the room very clean.

The room was extremely clean and newly renovated.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was extremely clean and newly renovated. The shower had glass doors, and the suite was dark hardwood - carpets and shower curtains in hotels creep me out, so I was pleasantly surprised by this. Great location, the hotel was as close the BC Place as possible. The staff were friendly and helpful. I'd recommend this place!

Simple accomodation in a great location.

Quite basic for a 4 star hotel.

Very close to Rogers Arena and walking distance downtown Vancouver. Great for concerts and events if you're in the area. Vancouver Public Library is one block away. There's theatres, cinemas, shopping centres and plenty of restaurants and bars all within walking distance. When it's raining (and it usually is) they provide free umbrellas!

We like the convenient location, and easy access to Frankies restaurant and Jazz Bar

We prefer feather pillows, but the foam ones provided were comfortable. There were no q-tips in the bathroom (usually an item commonly encountered in hotels), and we did not like the coffee from the Nespresso machine, or the chemical tasting non dairy creamer provided.

The room was beautifully appointed with white linen, full channel list on the tv and the bathroom shower was impressive. The bed was very comfortable, and I liked that there was no carpet on the floor. They even included a yoga mat in the closet!

Comfortable, safe, beautiful and wonderful!

Everything was to my liking.

I found from the moment I arrived to end of my stay the staff to be all really friendly. Very helpful... the helpfulness meant a lot as I was traveling by my self. I found that the facility was very safe as I am a female who was travelling on my own and as much as Vancouver is a safe city, you just never know. My room was cleaned every morning...I left jewelry on my bathroom counter and there was no issue of theft. Overall I would stay at this hotel again. :-) :-) I was very happy!

Out of this world!!

The hotel could not be more perfect! Clean....quiet.... friendly and perfect location!! Highly recommended and beyond our expectations in every way!

Was nice and close to rogers arena
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Had to mess around with asking for our right suite

Everything was good except we were first given the wrong room. We booked a king suit but were given a a double queen room. Had to go back to the desk and complain we weren't given the right room and wait for it to be fixed.

Other than the rude front desk person the hotel is in a very convenient location and nicely updated

When I initially called the hotel to book the person who answered the phone was rude/rushed. Customers should not feel that they're inconveniencing staff when calling to try to book a room. He said ''as you can hear from the lobby we are VERY busy'! I also left several messages with the reservation desk and no one returned my call! Then when I finally got through I got the rude guy and the hotel was fully booked BUT then I booked 2 minutes later through Booking.com. If it wasn't busy everywhere else I would have maybe booked at a different hotel:/

Loved the city, loved the hotel.

We assumed that as there is an attached restaurant there would be room service, or at least a continental breakfast - but there wasn't.

Facility was modern and clean, and the staff were excellent. We would stay here again next time in Vancouver, especially for concerts, or sports events as it is located directly across the street from BC Place!

Walls were very thin.

Walls were very thin. Housekeeping could be heard starting to clean very early in the morning, waking us up waaay before we'd have liked. Floors are laminate so if the people above you drop anything, it's quite loud also. The road in front of hotel was closed when a concert was going on, meaning tons of people nearby on streets and making transit very full.

The hotel is convenient to restaurants and landmarks.

The price of the hotel was expensive!

The hotel is convenient to restaurants and landmarks. I would recommend hop on hop off to get to Stanley park and gastown and #22 pick up was just around the corner of the hotel.

OK they have free bikes for guests

the maid kept asking me what time I was going to leave In the morning every time I went out of the room No place to load or unload luggage from your car

Generally place was alright

awesome we loved it and will definitely be back to stay there on our return
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The slippers in the room were damp when i went to put them on - it was gross - i would have preferred a new pair in a packet or none at all. it was disgusting to put on a pair of slippers and they were obviously wet from the person that had worn them before.

service was great and we requested a late checkout and it was no problem at all. Very friendly and helpful crew.

Overall, we had a very nice stay.

Only complaint in room would be the lighting. The colors on the walls were cool grays and the lighting did nothing to warm up the room, especially the bedside sconces.

The room was modern, very clean, nice flat screen on the wall. We appreciated the bare floors as there were no carpet stains as one would find in most hotels. Beds were comfy, a little firm but I think that is the trend nowadays. We had a late-night bite at Frankie's restaurant downstairs which was nice as we were tired at the end of the day. Great location !

Front desk personnel were extremely helpful, friendly and...

Not applicable

Front desk personnel were extremely helpful, friendly and professional; very accommodating and thoughtful. Hotel rooms very nice size, super clean and attractive.

Great location, need to improve reception service.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Reception staff, other than a gentleman named Floren. I was at the desk a number of times where the staff seemed uninterested in serving. There were always guests waiting and the staff always picked up the phone even when there were long queues. No acknowledgement of the wait or the guests that were waiting. Very frustrating.

It was an overall excellent experience although very short, would definitely recommend it to others.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

It was very clean, stylish and modern. The staff were friendly and helpful and it was within walking distance to dining and shopping. It was also not far from some tourist attractions such as Stanley Park.

right downtown and close to everything. I would highly recommend staying here.
    • Executive Suite

There really wasn't anything I didn't like about the property.

I liked that it's across the street from BC Place and we only had to walk 10 minutes to Rogers Arena. It's a perfect location.

a very good place to stay at
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

the lobby was all over the place and not so welcoming, also the scent of the lobby was pretty weird, not a good design of lobby,

very nice hotel, alot of nice things in the room for u, a complete set of everything, a very nice bathroom and shower, very well layed out room and all in all the room was great

Nice hotel, great location!

Underground parking couldn't accommodate our truck as ceiling was low. Had to find alternative parking at a different location.

Great location, friendly staff and nice room! No complaints other than parking.

Great place to stay

Bed was very "firm"probably good for most but I like soft and cuddly :) Didn't like the coffee/espresso machine.

Everything was spotless. Very friendly staff especially housekeeping. Even though there were sport events across the street for 2 nights we were there we couldn't hear a thing. Loved that there was a mini fridge in room. Microwave was delivered to our room upon request. Great location. Went to a 3 day convention at Rogers Arena and it was a 5 min walk to and from. Love the 'no carpeting' concept. Much cleaner.

Football getaway

Rooms are very expensive...but on par with most of downtown Vancouver I suppose. It would be nice if there was a "local" bc resident rate.

Bed was comfy. Shower was excellent. Coffee machine in the room was a nice touch.

Lovely hotel in downtown area
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

A full length mirror would be a great addition to the room.

Beautiful room and spacious bathroom, comfortable bed and great location. Close to shopping, restaurants, BC Place and Rogers Arena.