Reviews of Hotel Ambassador 2 stars

Based on 562 hostel reviews

6.1

6.1

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Wifi didn't even reach our room (facing Granville street), we just had to do without it. Some milk to go with the free coffee in the morning would have been nice as well :)

We stayed 2 nights over US Memorial Day weekend, when everything was expensive and mostly sold out. We settled for Hotel Ambassador, as it was the cheapest option we found (300 USD for 2 nights, vs 4-500 USD for other places in the area). We were aware that the bathroom was shared and we didn't mind it. We were pleasantly surprised by the hotel. Downtown Vancouver is totally walkable and the location was great. The hallways and room were clean and well maintained. Others complained about the lack of AC, but our room had a ceiling fan, which was more than enough when we felt like having cooler air. After checkout at 11am, we went for a foot massage a couple doors south-west, I think it was called Queen's Feet. Great way to end out trip, especially after all the walking we did! Overall, definitely worth for the money (comparable to other hotels in the same area).

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

This is a one star at best. Way over priced. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Nothing. I booked two nights. Immediately cancelled the second night. The place was a rip-off for what was charged.

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Opposite the hotel there is a night club and I was unfortunately on the nightclub facing side of the hotel. The worst part was the window didn't close properly, I even asked the staff on duty if I was missing something however I wasn't, I asked if I could change room however they were fully booked, thus I had to put up with the noise till 3.30 am. The rest of the week wasn't as bad (Sunday to Friday) however there was sill a lot of noise from traffic going past.

• Twin Room with Two Single Beds with Shared Bathroom

The shared restrooms was okey, the soaps and shower could be better and cleaner. The wifi wasn't really strong. For skype-phones was it not strong enough.

The personal was really friendly and helpful at all! We appreciate it. The loaction was pretty good too with good connection to the metro as well. The room was good for 3 days! A dancing club was vis-à-vis of the hotel. We would recommend it for every party-guys^^

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Internet didn’t work, was over 100 dollar price difference in what we reserved and what we paid.

The staff was nice, they had parking, and the bed was comfy

• Twin Room with Two Single Beds with Shared Bathroom

The hotel has no elevator, only stairs and the twin rooms are pretty cramped. The hallways are dated and stained but, good value for the cost.

This room was great value for the money - it was a great location and very clean and quiet.

• Twin Room with Two Single Beds with Shared Bathroom

I didn’t like the idea that no gust at 10 and that the lobby closes you have to the main door to knock and show key. Felt a bit uncomfortable know that each time a friend comes to visit you have to go down to lobby to say he/she is with me

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

This survey automatically sets a rating score of 2 1/2, it should be 1/2. The whole place was subpar and overpriced. Stay at Airbnb.

Old, tired, stained sheets, broken down building, overpriced. This survey automatically sets a rating score of 2 1/2, it should be 1/2.

• Twin Room with Two Single Beds with Shared Bathroom

Worst experience of my life, and it cost me $200. The rooms were the smallest I have ever seen, the beds tipped over if your weight was put on one side, and the lights were controlled by a remote that caused them to turn on and off randomly. The hotel locks their front door after 10 pm, and you need to show them both your key and your ID before they will unlock it. Trouble is, they often take breaks, leaving the door unattended so you can't get in. When they are there, they are extremely reluctant to believe that the room is even yours, despite having a photo copy of your ID. When I attempted to bring my girlfriend up to the room, the front desk attendent immediately began yelling at the top of his voice that he would call the police, then refused to say anything else when spoken too.The room had been reserved under her name with her credit card, but he claimed that he did not recognize her (he wouldn't have recognized either of us since he was relief nightshift). When we again attempted to go up to the room, he resumed threatening to call the police. This went on for over an hour, then happened to the next group to come in behind us. Most bizarre and terrible experience of my life.

The location was good

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I came back to the hotel at 2am to find out I was locked out. Had to wait for the night desk person to let me in but he stood in the doorway and wouldn’t let my friend come up to the room with me (she’s trans gendered). My friend really needed to used the washroom and wait for a cab but he wouldn’t let us up because I had only paid for a single guest. It was NYE and staff ruined my night. What kinda of hotel watches the door like that??!

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

No elevator , but they did offer to hold bigger bags at the desk

Adorable boutique hotel with friendly staff . Not too noisy despite downtown location, I had a room at the back.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Due to the location in downtown you can hear the street noise. It is not loud but if you have a problem with little noise, look for another place.

Excellent location in downtown, very nice stuff, clean shared bathroom and clean shared kitchen, own fridge in the room. When I was there, only a few people stayed at the hotel so basically I had my own bathroom.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Easy to find, great staff, I rarely book with shared bathroom , but they offered a room very close so it didn’t make any difference, and it was very clean. It is right next to Davie Street, that takes you direct to Stanley Park. Lots of shops and restaurants or coffee shops..

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Mice Everywhere, Bed sheets all ripped, WiFi didnt work, shared bathroom for our room was literally on the other side of the hotel, 2 bathrooms for about 15 rooms, our window was broken it was really noisy (its a given in the location but if the window wasn't broken it would be alittle better.This cost me $545 Canadian for 3 days, RIP OFF

Location, staff were nice

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

The windows are not well insulated so it can get very loud at night. The furniture and rooms are a bit outdated. No elevator so you have to carry your bags up the stairs! The hotel offers only shared facilities (toilets, bathroom) similar to a hostel but is a lot more expensive!

It is located directly in Granville Street next to many bars and restaurants. The Wifi also worked quite well in my room.

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

A steep staircase to the room would be difficult for travellers with heavy luggage.

Although they were share bathrooms, they were very clean and rarely had to wait. Location was close to the buses and walking distance to good restaurants on Davies St and in Yaletown. Staff were very helpful and gave me some washing powder even though they had sold out of the packets at the front counter.

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

The only thing i didn't care for was the loud crowds from across the street! Nothing I couldn't handle, as I had ear plugs 😊 and the hike up the stairs was a bit much, but good exercise is great whether I called for it or not! I try to look at the bright side of things! I do think that the staff should carry walkie talkies as the poor girl at front desk had to run to the top 3 times just to check our room, she forgot which room we were in! I work in a hotel, and walkie talkies would be very useful for the front desk to radio in to the chamber maids to do a security deposit check on the rooms! 😊 just a thought!

The staff was excellent! Peter was awesome! It was clean and comfortable! Not what I was expecting and the shared bathroom wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be! It wasn't crowded and I didn't cross paths with crowds like I thought we would!

• Twin Room with Two Single Beds with Shared Bathroom

I was not told that there is no lift, to get to any rooms it is either one or two steep flights of steps.

The staff absolutely made my stay. The two lovely ladies (Korean and Slovakian and the Irishman). Nothing was too much trouble,they were welcoming,knowledgeable,helpful and always friendly. The hotels best asset.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Shower water supply was weak and difficult to control the temperature. No elevator (though it was known in advance when doing the booking, still this would be one of the not-that-good points)

The staff members are nice and willing to listen to customers and answer their questions. Provision of shampoo and soap

• Twin Room with Two Single Beds with Shared Bathroom

Room was small, curtains didn't close properly, unexpected how different it was compared to what I thought it was going to be

It was a good central location

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The reception personal confused me regarding the guarantee and the full payment. Not sure why they charge the whole stay even if one night in advance is charged days before. The money is indeed refunded, but that process could be simpler.

The room was small, but clean and properly set. The toilet, even if shared, was always very clean.

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

I Didn't like the lock on the door.

Bed was very comfy, room temperature was nice and cool which is optimal for sleeping, room was always well cleaned when I returned. Shared bathrooms were cleaned regularly and I didn't have a problem with them like I thought I would.

Beds a bit short.

Petra on reception was fantastic & so helpful. Went out of her way with suggestions and her knowledge of local attractions. An asset to the hotel

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

We stayed at 3 different hotels on this trip and this was the most expensive and most disappointing in nearly every way. Cleanliness was not there. Room service just pulled up the covers. Shared bathrooms filthy. I've stayed at better Back packers for a fraction of the price. Checking my Visa statement now and they have over charged the room by another $28.

Desk staff were great, very helpful and friendly.

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Safe was broken and TV was very poor picture. Very expensive for the facilities on offer. More like a poor student accommodation than a hotel.

Reasonable location and staff were friendly

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

The room is a bit cold and the blankets were too thin. And the shower in the bethroom has low pressure so it is not that comfortable to take a shower. There is no elevator, so you should take your suitcase upstair. A light baggage would be no problem.

staff were friendlty and nice. Good location. Around the hotel, there are a lot of store and restaurants. Also, you can get to English Bay, Robson St, and downtown by walk in 20 minutes.

• Twin Room with Two Single Beds with Shared Bathroom

First of all - the prices are crazy and much to high for such conditions. - there are two showers on the floor shared by ~20 rooms so they are used all the time - the room (single room on the first floor) was tiny and had no view through the window (see the photo) - the bed was some kind of temporary bed with a proper mattress on top. So it was moving, shaking and was very uncomfortable. - the room is so small that the air conditioning is just directly over the head - at night it gets very windy and freezing. And there is no way to turn it off. But when I asked the lady downstairs (the nice one) she was helpful and she covered it so that the air was getting out under an angle. - there are two ladies downstairs. One is nice but the second one is just awful - completely unhelpful.

- the hotel is very close to the center of Vancouver. It is few minutes by foot from Canada Place, Granville Island and Sunset Beach. - the Granville Street is full of pubs and discos. If somebody wants to party this might be a place for him. - two people from the stuff - Peadar and one of the ladies are very nice. - there is well equipped kitchen - the room was rather clean, they changed towels every day and made the bed.

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Shared bathroom is a little inconvenient, no closet, need AC in rooms. I don't like they charge your room when you arrive, usually its at the end of stay.

Decent size room, had a tv, ceiling fan, window to open, your own sink. shared kitchen, close to many sights and shops. staff helpful.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Watch out if your rooms are in the 2nd floor... The whole 2nd floor smells like toilets. Rooms were clean, but the smell was really bad. You would not feel like eating something in your room. There were WiFi connections, but I could not connect it for all the three nights I stayed.

Rooms were clean for the price.

• Twin Room with Two Single Beds with Shared Bathroom

Bit of a steep walk up to the second floor. There was no AC but air circulated well. It was in the 80's and 90's (26-34 C) when we were there. We were very comfortable. I was not crazy about shared bathrooms however this worked out fine; did not have to wait for availability and clean.

Kitchen facilities were a great bonus. We waked every morning to the ocean, English Bay, and had access to many great places to eat. We enjoyed our stay very much.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The sink is clogged, the shower is bad, the hallway smells, the maid does not clean the room well. More than anything, the staffs are unhelpful

nothinclose to yaletown

• Twin Room with Two Single Beds with Shared Bathroom

The property was not having basic infrastructure (like lifts, other). the bath room (shared was just not up to the generally acceptable standard. Not Value to money (CAD 300.00/night for a small room with shared bath room/no general amenities.

Nothing as the property was not having basic infrastructure (like lifts, other). the bath room (shared was just not up to the generally acceptable standard.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

It was not a nice room; it was stuffy and uncomfortable. I thought the staff were friendly but I would never stay here again. I would rather choose a hotel/homestay further away from downtown. For the price you pay, I would rather pay a little more and choose another hotel.

It was close to downtown.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

This was the only place left in Vancouver... And for a good reason... But for 196 CAD per night you should expect more. Shared bathrooms.... and my room had a SUUUPER LOUD humming noice from a vent or something. I checked out after one night.... had planned for two. Amazing speed on the wi-fi though.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

What I didn't like in this hotel is everything: The ugly room, the furniture inside the room (if we can call that furniture), the stiff stairs, the shared bathroom, the smell in the corridor, the noise from the street, the cleanliness, etc... I can go for pages like this.

If I have to describe what I've liked in this hotel, it would be very difficult to find something nice to like in this so called hotel.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I didn't like anything. Start with the reception, the stairs, the room the bed with its uncomfortable mattress that you might fall down from it at anytime. And the most funny part is that if you pay cash you have to keep 200 Canadian Dollars as deposit in case you break something in the room while the whole room doesn't worth 200 CD. Anyhow we were supposed to come back after few days for one night, we've cancelled that night.

There's nothing to like in this hotel. It's hard to find something that I've liked in this hotel except it's location. It's the most depressing hotel I've ever tried in my whole life and God knows how many countries and hotels I've visited.

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

The cleanliness of both the room and the shared bathroom was extremely poor. The window in the room was not able to be closed at night which left noises from the streets and bars loud during the night. The bed was very hard and it felt like sleeping on a plank of wood. The feel of the hotel was truly like a poorly kept hostel. Aside from the location, which was great, this was a terrible place to stay.

• Twin Room with Two Single Beds with Shared Bathroom

Wash cloths weren't provided with the towels. Please provide small wash cloths for guests that like to use wash cloths.

The staff was quite friendly (especially Young-Gyeong). The location was also quite good, which made it convenient for walking to bars, restaurants, shopping areas, etc (all within 1.5km/1 mile). I liked that there was a common kitchen area.

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

The bed sheets were damaged, our room was street side and it was quite noisy during the night. The window could not perfectly close so we had to use our bag. The wifi in the room didnt work until last morning.

The staff was very friendly and the location was convinient both for going for a drink and tourism. The shared toilets were clean.

• Twin Room with Two Single Beds with Shared Bathroom

The hotel is located close to a nightclub, so was very noisy late at night & early hours of the morning. No bathrooms in rooms, only shared ones at the end of the Hall

Comfortable bed and very friendly staff. Clean, tidy room. Good location - short walk from the train station and close to restaurants.

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

This hotel is not in any way worth the money. With no in-room bathrooms, it felt like a dormitory. My room was very cold, the furnishings old and curtains torn and falling off the window. I awoke in the middle of the night and somehow the overhead light had switched on. The hotel advertised free WiFi, but it would not connect. The bathrooms reeked of urine. Overall, not an impressive experience.

This was among the cheaper non-hostel/AirBnB locations to stay in Vancouver, and I booked it last minute.

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Our room was noisy and unmaintained. The stairs was smelly and the staff not very helpful or present.

It's very central. You are in walkingdistance to allmost everything.

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

First room was next to cook vent from bar next door, they later located room on other side. Internet was TERRIBLE. Kept getting knocked off ! Also twin bed was very uncomfortable ,I suggest the owner sleep in one.

Room was clean

• Twin Room with Two Single Beds with Shared Bathroom

We were greeted with enthusiasm and check-in was a breeze. They helped us (two older women) with our luggage to the room and to the car. It was a perfect location to walk to all destinations.

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

The bathroom could have had a soap holder in the shower.

The location. The helpfulness of one staff member in particular who also had good knowledge of Vancouver. Public transit buses ran past the front door. The airport train was close by as well.

• Twin Room with Two Single Beds with Shared Bathroom

The walls are paper thin so expect to her your neighbors.

It's in a perfect spot. There's plenty of bars and clubs downtown. The space is small. We had two twin beds but who spends that much time in a room when there's so much to see in Vancouver. The shared bathroom was very clean.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The bed was small and uncomfortable, the sheets and towel felt cheap, the stairs smelled, and the WiFi didn't work. In short, everything seemed like it had been done to a bare minimum. This was surprising given the relatively high price.

The staff was friendly and helpful, and they arranged for an early cab when I left.

• Twin Room with Two Single Beds with Shared Bathroom

I booked with time and on my arrival i had to pay a rate almost 50% most expensive. I would have like a notification so I could cancel and look for a cheaper option since I just needed the room to catch a plane the next day. There was also a lot of noise from the hall and other rooms and the bed was not comfortable.

Desk front staff kind and amable, clean room and bathroom. International travelers friendly and nice.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Value to money, the hotel is really poor! rooms have no bath rooms, and the mattress is horrible! the hotel is noisy

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

The communal bathrooms could have been cleaner - this was perhaps a reflection on others staying at the time because they were cleaned daily. Also, the wifi in common areas is a bit of a bother. It would be nice to have access in the rooms.

Well located close to the city centre. There is a kitchen available to use and coffee brewed each morning. The rooms were comfortable and equipped with sink, fridge, and safety deposit box.

• Twin Room with Two Single Beds with Shared Bathroom

Wifi was spotty at times.

Staff was fantastic. While the rooms are small and there were shared facilities, it was overall a good experience. Nothing that you wouldn't have known about if you read the information on their website.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Staff is excellent; will not forget this experience. My impression is that for a traveller who needs a place to stay in downtown Vancouver, this place has no reasonable alternative. Hopefully will stay again. Thanks!

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Twin Room with Two Single Beds with Shared Bathroom

Hotel lobby needs a makeover as the first impression of the hotel was depressing. It was dirty and colourless with grubby furniture. At least keep the carpet runner vacuumed! Advice from some of the numerous receptionists was blatantly inaccurate--e.g. the Sky Train doesn't run to the airport after 5 pm. They should make an effort to know some basics about Vancouver.

Shared bathrooms were modern and very clean. Receptionists were friendly and welcoming for the most part.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Staff is really nice, although they want to charge me 20 $ at the beginning for delay 20 minutes checking out, which never happen at all. I suppose to check out at 11 am , and I got ready by 11.20 am

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Olivia behind the front desk was very helpful in helping me print out a concert ticket which I needed at short notice. Price. She really went above and beyond, great service!

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

The location is so good that is located in the entertainment district, very noisy in the night and impossible to sleep on friday and saturday night due to the nightclubs, fights, and drug dealers. There is also a line up in order to use the showers in the morning.

Everything is walking distance, specially the skytrain station that goes to the airport. Really good location, very good restaurants and transportation. Staff are also very friendly.

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

This is the WORST hotel I stayed, ever! No TV, No window, No washroom? I met the owner who is a Chinese old women, she is very mean and racist, I wish they close soon.

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Room with Windows to the Main street is not posible to spleep because of the noise of the Night clubs fridays and saturdays.

Very clean room, atención one Main street. Refrigerator at the room.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

My room was right over a bar or club. At 2am the room was very noisy. When I booked, I said it was for business - they could have put me in a quieter room. It was also overpriced by a factor of two.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

I found this hotel very missleading. It is called hotel ambassador, but it is actually a hostel. There is no washrooms in the room's, it is a shared washroom for the whole floor and they are very dirty. There was mold in the showers. The tv in the room was ancient and only had 1 channel. The entire building is very ancient and the windows were not sealed, our room was facing granville street and we heard people yelling all night long and did not get any sleep. The heat, is an old radiator which took a long time to warm up the ice cold room. And there was just 1 thin blanket on the bed.

It was convenient. Friendly staff and close to the club's.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

My stay was from April 18-21, 2017. On the morning of April 20, 2017, at approx.. 7:30 AM, I was woken by rattling of a plastic bag with a takeout container in it. I poked the bag with my toe and watched a mouse scurry under the bed. I immediately called the front desk and was told housekeeping would look into it while I was at work (from 7:30 AM - 6:30 PM). I said I was uncomfortable staying in a room where my belongings could be damaged, and was moved to the room next door. I was not satisfied with this but had to leave for work. I called the hotel at 11:20 AM to speak to the manager and was told he wasn’t in, and that I would have to speak to him when I return after work. Upon returning @6:15 PM, the manager told me that housekeeping checked for a mouse and found nothing, and therefore nothing will be done. I asked to be refunded and was told no because: • No one else had complained of a mouse • I seemed satisfied with being moved (I was not, and tried to call earlier to resolve) • I hadn’t mentioned a refund earlier in the day (see previous point) or to the night manager (who did not inform me he was a manager, and who only moved me to a new room after I asked) • They would be unable to resell the room, when the couple behind me had walked in off the street to request a room • I wouldn’t be checking out so no refund (I would gladly have stayed somewhere else, but 4/20 is a “holiday” in Vancouver and hotels are booked solid, or very expensive). In the process of writing the formal complaint to the hotel, the doorknob in my room broke resulting in me being locked in side. Just don't stay here.

One of the staff members was polite.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Twin Room with Two Single Beds with Shared Bathroom

The wall insulations may be out dated, and if people check in late at night, you can hear the next door talking or chatting on the phone clearly. Hotel just needs to remind late comers to keep their voices down after midnight. Or put on Good ear plugs!

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

The fact my door didn't even remain closed unless locked. Toilet area too small. Blanket too thin for winter.

Staff was kind and worked with customer

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Twin Room with Two Single Beds with Shared Bathroom

wifi doesn't work very well, depending on luck. Hot water in room is not really hot.

very good location, shopping centre is within walking distance, bus stop is just opoposite for going to UBC, and Yaletown skytrain station is not far away. Price is quite low, and there is a shared kitchen.

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Location is great, but there are only 2 unisex bathrombosis and shower on the floor. Outside was very noisy because of the location, but good price and location.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Shared bathrooms/showers aren't the most ideal but they were always clean and free when we wanted them!

Location is close to lots of venues/shopping areas, place is quite clean, and staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

bedding didn't get changed, would have been nice to have some toiletries provided. Maybe something a little more than free coffee in the mornings as well. Also no guests after 10 is a little ridiculous. This is a hotel, not my parents house.

Bed was comfortable. Pretty quiet. Good location.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

There was no duvet on the bed just a single fleece blanket which can get rather chilly. We had a street view which was great but windows hadn't been cleaned for a very long time which made it unclear to see.

Great location and price!! Would stay again, right on Granville Street which has everything from shops, bars & eateries.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Bed bugs! Horrible place, don't go there!! I got 72 (!!) bed bug bites in just one night. Very itchy and hurtfull, honestly destroyed my vacation. Manager and owner extremely unfriendly, wouldn't give me my money back or even talk to me - just hung up the phone. Worst service ever! Apart from an army of bed bugs and inhumane service, it was noisy and the bathroom and sheets were dirty. Do yourselves a favour and stay far away from here!!

Bed bugs!

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Shared bathroom at other end of the building from our room.

My boyfriend and i wanted a simple hotel to avoid leaving our car in vancouver and cabbing home. Hotel was reasonable for just that purpose.no frills.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

windows looked out into the main street, on the weekends at night was noisy as there is a pub under the windows

Great location, nice staff. Good combination of price and quality

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The maids stole money from me. The management and staff were rude and disrespectful. The policies were ridiculous and unfair.

It's close to the nightlife.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

It really was just a place to sleep and store my things while I explored during the day which is ultimately fine by me. The bed sagged a bit and the wheels on the frame weren't secured so it moved around the floor if I didn't sit/lie it in it just right. The bathroom on my floor was approximately 50 feet away from my room and had a dank and musty smell. From what I could tell, there were only two toilets and one shower for the entire floor of 10? 12? rooms. There was a huge carpet stain in the hallway. I can only guess what caused it.

The Yaletown location near the Granville Street Bridge has great proximity to lots of great dining options and is within walking distance of top Vancouver attraction Granville Island. Plus, the free wi-fi was consistent and strong, a huge plus for someone traveling from outside Canada and without an international data plan. My room was pretty quiet and I felt safe. I'd be hard pressed to find single lodgings in Vancouver for a comparable price. Check-in was efficient and the desk agents were civil if not pleasant. The accommodations were adequate for my two-night stay.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

More plugs in rooms.

Breakfast, location fantastic, celebrity concept, quiet, authentic French building style....had a Parisian feel about it, staff cool.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

• Queen Room with Shared Bathroom

Shared bathroom and no elevator. It felt more like a hostel than a hotel. Not recommended for family with young children.

Caroline Lee at the front desk was extra sweet and very helpful. Located on downtown, close to Granville Island.