Reviews of The Lonsdale Quay Hotel 4 stars

123 Carrie Cates Court, V7M 3K7 North Vancouver, Canada

#8 of 16 hotels in North Vancouver

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Yes cost fir what we got. On line it seemed so grand . All the tubs said for 2 ours was an old school porselin. Covered metal . No food exept pizza the fridge was $15 but they comped . Rooms were dull and no effort put into them . The non working bathroom fan was covered with dust , the cleaner cane in at 930 after a 2 second knock ans woke us up . . No bell boy Just all around not to what I wanted .needed or expected.

Were we to receive a breakfast for the $400 night room? The shower curtain was dirty , the top floor ocean view was not , we had to look at the walk way , the room was to have a great city view . Sounded good on Line . Had to get out of my reno in north van .i had worked almost 24? Hours and wanted to sulrise my girl that has put up with the reno . I asked about room service and said yes as long as you order pizza . My girl went first and I was to meet later whendone . I got there with two huge bags and. No one to help . When I went in there may as well been a pop machine to put a code into to get the key. Local north shore person I had expected more . Looking down on the walkway the ownings below were covered with bird dropping’s and sun bleached to the point of long past due to refurbish .

Not a thing!

Location is fantastic for the business meetings that I was having. I love the hotel because the harbor boardwalk area is so inviting and interesting. Having an early morning coffee with the sun rising over the harbor is awh inspiring. We will be back soon.

Nothing I didn't like

The location was great, it's in North Vancouver which may be far for some but the Seabus is just a few steps from the hotel

• Standard Single Room

Walls are PAPER thin, not keen hearing room next door singing & talking VERY loudly after midnight & again at 6am each morning. Parking is an issue - difficult to find first time, & then having to wait 40 mins to get back in one day after being out as it was full (used by public for the market) - must be a total nightmare during public holidays. Carpark attendant was very rude - not good when you've paid for the parking & can't always use it. No fridge in room

Large room. Comfortable. Very clean. Fantastic staff. Great location away from downtown with easy access to grouse mountain & other nearby attractions

• Standard Single Room

My room overlooked a public access patio. People were outside looking in. I had to have the curtains and window shut at all times. The airconditioning unit was loud and rattled every time it kicked in.

• Standard Single Room

Poorly signed and not easy to locate if arriving by car. It is on top 2 floors of the market

Great water front location next to Seabus (and bus) terminal

• Standard Single Room

There would sometimes be smell of food in the hallway. Due to old decor/furniture and dim illumination, the hallway and the room gave a slightly gloomy atmosphere. There was also no safe in the room.

Great location and comfortable stay with a great view from the room.

• Standard Single Room

I should have liked a grab rail in the bath for security. I am a senior.

Friendly smiling staff, very comfortable bed, it was peaceful and well appointed.

• Standard Single Room

The Wifi didn't work for watching Netflix on my iPad. Besides Room Tax and GST, I was charged an extra $5.06 for 'facilities'.. to subsidize the hotel entrance inside the Lonsdale Quay Market. Weird.

Loved the room.. overlooking the water. Very new decor, and soft comfy beds. Everything was extra luxe.

• Standard Single Room

Having a room on the east side was noisy with the nearby dock ramps squeaking thru the night. AC unit was too noisy to use. Room was huge and bathroom was tiny. Walked by front desk each morning without being acknowledged. Could have been more friendly. Hating paying $15/day to park when you're already spending money at the hotel and its shops.

The location is key to this place. Interesting shops and restaurants in and around. Seabus to downtown Vancouver is right there as well.

Not much to dislike.

It is a great location overlooking the harbour, lots of cafes and restaurants, close to ferry, underground parking, we were upgraded to a large room with huge balcony (although a tourist tower overlooks this). A gym, laundry, buffet breakfast were all available.

• Standard Single Room

A turning stand for the tv so that it could be easily watched from a chair rather than just the bed

Fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Two easy chairs instead of the usual one.

• Standard Single Room

This was one of the worst hotels I have stayed in. Not only do they charge $550 usd for two nights stay, but they surprised us at check in with over $300 in deposits as well that are still being held by our bank because they actually pull it from your account. Our room was next to the entry door from the elevators, so we had the pleasure of listening to them open and close all night long as well as listening to fighting in the hallway. We asked for a new room and they would not accommodate us. Our shower squealed whenever you would turn it on and we got the worst night sleep ever. I would never stay there again and do not recommend it to anyone else. Find another great hotel that's local to those fun things, skip the hassle of being at this hotel.

It was above a public market and close to fine dining restaurants and shops

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The shower head in room 424 was awful, just leaked down the wall. Very warm rooms, even with the AC...scared to leave door open for critters to come in. The room was $300 a night!!!! The cot we ordered for room 423 was ridiculous! The mattress is springs!!! The buffet breakfast was just “okay” for $15.

Very comfortable bed.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I booked it for 5. The website also gave me the option for 5 ( 4 adults and 1 child) - but I wasn’t informed that I must pay more 25,00 dollars plus tax for an extra bed (per night)+ 15 dollars for parking. The website was saying that it was a family’s Room.

The room was clean and comfortable. No carpet and amazing view. We spent just one night there.

• Standard Single Room

The hotel is actually inside the market. Lobby overlooks market. Busier area. A little dated but good for the price.

rooms are very clean. Room came with robes, slippers, water machine and keurig coffees

• Standard Single Room

It was SO noisy, I was woken up all through the night from the people next door, people walking down the hall- would NOT recommend staying here if you want rest and quiet.

The view was very pretty

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The parking is horrible, and hard to find. We passed the parkade twice before it was clear that hotel parking was in the mall parking lot.

Water views, close to all kinds of shops and walking routes. The hotel is attached to a bright and eclectic mall that was so fun to explore.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Beds and pillows were SO uncomfortable. Volume button didn’t work on tv remote and we put up the do not disturb sign and someone came in to clean our room anyways.

Water cooler in room, hard wood floors, fun that it’s in a market, clean, nice staff

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The noise was terrible. We complained about it the morning of the second day and were told it was just a 30 year old hotel. (we discovered later by walking far enough away to see our room and the roof right above it, that we were right under all of the heat pumps.) The breakfast was just okay. The bacon floated in grease, there were no turnovers, the scrambled eggs were cold and watery. The floors were clean to the naked eye but when I dropped a wet cloth in front of the tv stand it came up dirty. Horrible amount of dust on the top of the built in headboard. Not impressed.

The view was great, the location was great, the staff was for the most part were friendly and helpful.

• Standard Single Room

There were children running up and down the hall at 9:00 pm, clock radio/alarm was in poor shape and was hard to figure out. Asked for a wake up call instead. I drive a F-350 pick up truck and had to park 2 blocks away in an open lot that cost me $24 for the night (12 hours). Not that impressed.

View was alright

• Standard Single Room

Hotel on the 3th floor but building is situated on a perfect spot (but at time of stay, there was a big construction going on across the hotel. Breakfast was nice.

• Standard Single Room

A very comfortable hotel in an ideal location. The staff are polite and helpful, and my room had everything I needed. Getting a meal from the Quay or personal supplies from the Shopper's Drugmart a block away was super easy. I recommend getting a coffee at the Bean Around the World on the ground floor, just outside the hotel.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Noisy room, walls are paper thin. Room had mechanical or creaking noise all night coming from above or in wall. Lots of people noise from outside which we expected, surrounded by pubs and restaurants.

Location! I would stay here again during the weekdays when it is $105 per night, $239 on the weekend is too high in my opinion.

• Standard Single Room

The room. Unbelievably unacceptably noisy. Ironically, upon arrival, I asked the lady at reception if I would be receiving a less desirable room as I booked through an online booking site which provided a low price. I was assured there were no less desirable rooms though some may not have a view. What did I get? The room right beside the entryway to the 4th floor. Of course all night long and through the early morning hours, the door clicked and clacked and banged open and closed. And every conversation guests had as they were passing by, I heard. So, no real sleep. This room should NOT be used unless it’s a last resort. Booking should come with a warning to bring earplugs and a warning that a low price probably means the worst room. Thus, also very disappointed in Booking.com. Will think twice before using it again and will not return to Lonsdale Quay hotel. Will also warn my coworkers who have booked here, encourage them to change hotels.

Location-at the bus station and at Lonsdale market/quay.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We booked online through Bookings.com, to which we use almost every time we travel & we have never been treated so rudely by front desk staff. We arrived in the early hours of the night as our flight was delayed & Dominique did nothing but make the check in long & painful. We even called ahead of time to checking in & at no time did he explain where we should park, that the hotel is hidden away, etc, thanks for that!! He talked down to us & made us feel untrustworthy, very unwelcoming. As we would be checked out by 6:30am we asked to have our bill emailed to us in the morning, Dominique said this was not possible, we would have to go down to the front desk & check out, how archaic & time consuming, get with the times!! When we questioned this, we were told the classic one liner “it’s our policy”, guests/clients don’t want to hear this & don’t need to be talked down to, you see there are plenty of other hotels to stay at who are with the times, expedite guests check in/check out & make them feel important & valued, we won’t be going back to this hotel.

Location was good - Front Desk Staff Were Rude

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

In B.C the legal age of renting a hotel room is 19, and when I was checking-in they told me that I have to be 21 ,so we cannot check you in. There is no sign about it on the booking, and this was the first time ever happened to me and my friends. But with few conversations, they got me in. Also, there is no microwave and freezer in the Queen room!

Clean

• Standard Single Room

LHS of the room is exposed to others to view in when they climb the 'tower' Switches on the table lights are at odd position...relocate these no/off switches on the wire for easier handling. Would prefer to have milder coffee supplied...too bitter. Would prefer to have drinking water with a hot/warm tap.....Clearly label the water supply on the condition (bottles or tap water and assurance of quality.) Shower room has poor exhaust vent and resulted in migration to main room.............bad Lots of dressing tables...??? Bed is a bit too high........................

Spacious in the room and nice shower room

• Standard Single Room

$250 damage deposit ! Parking charge $15 +tax.

Great coffee and water set up in room. Robe and slippers in room. surprisingly quiet considering the location. Great harbour views, with french doors looking out.

• Standard Single Room

$15 extra for breakfast buffet, just ok.

Excellent location at Lonsdale Quay, next to Seabus. Firm but comfortable bed. Beautiful view of downtown Vancouver from balcony. Liked Keurig machine in room. Lots of good restaurants nearby (e.g. Fishworks, Bugaboo) and good food court at Lonsdale Quay. Bathrobe and slippers supplied.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The dock’s floating walkway next door..we were on the east side...makes a noise when it goes up and down with the waves...you get used to it.

So close to the action! The market! The ocean! Cates tugs! The seabus! Restaurants! Shops! Ice cream! Fresh produce! Gourmet coffee! Bakery! Easy parking! No need for car!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Cleaning staff could have done better between night's. Garbage bags pulled and left in room. Didn't sweep.

Super Nice staff, wonderful views and location. Rooms nicely updated.

• Standard Single Room

I had stayed at this hotel 2 weeks earlier and had a wonderful room on the 4th floor with a view of the harbour to the east, very nice. On this stay I was given a room on the 3rd floor with a view of the back side of the ICBC headquarters, not so nice. Both were Standard rooms, be careful!!

• Standard Single Room

The walls are paper thin. We arrived to the people in the next room trying to get through the connecting door. The people in the next room turned on music and had relations for the next 40 minutes and we could hear ALL OF IT. You can hear every door opening and closing and even people in the hall talking. Noise is an issue with this hotel.

• Standard Single Room

Difficult to find where to enter the hotel parking garage - poorly signed and confusing instructions from staff.

Very central - lively lovely market downstairs.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The parking garage didn't fit my car with a ski rack and the staff wasn't very helpful in finding alternatives.

Large rooms with a view for a reasonable price.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Need to have a fridge, microwave, kettle (to boil water) and toaster.

Lovely view over bay and shoreline. Helpful staff. Heater efficient and fast. Love the bath-tub. TV easy to use. Easy access to Grouse Mountain bus and ferry services. Eateries, drug store and supermarket within easy walking distance.

• Standard Single Room

The view and location are wonderful. Close to all three ski resorts. Super fun to ride the sea bus across the water to Gastown ? (Right out the door, very close). Loved the market directly below us.

• Executive King Room

Great spot with the market right underneath it. Even better the bus pickup is right out the front if you want to go skiing for the day up on Cypress Mountain. Ferry terminal is also right next door.

• Standard Single Room

The "hold" on my credit card "in case I damage the room" even though my room was fully paid for upon check in.

I loved that they moved me to a standard room with a partial view, I felt special, it was lovely.

• Executive King Room

The coffee in the room was terrible.

The room was clean, bed comfy, very quite, there was a bar fridge & microwave, balcony with a beautiful veiw. So convenient that the seabus to downtown Vancouver is right there. The market is great as well.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Very cold, almost rude greeting from front desk staff, Mina I think is her name, but other staff did a good job. Bathtub was yucky. A well lit mirror and bathroom fan would be helpful.

The room location was very nice. It was quiet.

• Standard Single Room

The air-conditioning / heating units in the room are old and noisy and can be annoying if you are a light sleeper. Luckily, room temperature was comfortable enough during my stay so I hardly needed to turn the unit on.

The location is great, just a few minutes walk to the Seabus terminal. The hotel is located directly above the Lonsdale Quay Market with a wide choice of places to eat and shop. The room was very spacious, quiet and the bed was very comfortable.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Don't bother with the buffet breakfast. We had it one day and it was stale and almost inedible. The only fresh food was the bacon. The eggs had obviously been sitting for a while. The hashbrowns were dry. The pancakes were dry and chewy. The coffee urn was empty and we had to inform the staff of this and wait for fresh coffee. It was the only fresh item we ended up getting besides the bacon. It was disappointing considering the rest of the hotel was fantastic.

The location is at Lonsdale Quay, where the buses and Seabus meet. There are numerous shops and restaurants in the area as well. In fact, the hotel sits above a farmer's market and boutique mall. The room was very clean and comfortable and the area was quiet at night. We were able to store our luggage on our last day while we continued enjoying our visit.

• Executive Queen Room

In-window heater was very old and relatively hard to manage. You can get a proper temperature eventually after fidgeting with it for a while, but it takes time and is somewhat frustrating. No big deal though.

Excellent location, especially if Grouse Mountain is your ultimate destination. Updated facilities very well looked after, spacious rooms, nice view. Good sheets, and the pillows were pretty fine. Overall, very enjoyable hotel.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Parking was a bit confusing. I wasn't aware to just park inside one of the parkades to access hotel. I thought there'd be hotel parking or valet.

You can't beat the location....as close as you can really get to the waterfront, shops, restaurant, entertainment, water taxi, etc. but still quite quiet and private. For those looking for an alternative experience to staying in downtown Vancouver, this is a nice change.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Great location, the market is a bonus. Transportation to everywhere you want to go is seconds away. Inside our room was quiet, large, the beds were great. Tons of amenities. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bathroom is getting dated and could stand a facelift.

We were near the end of the hall and it was super quiet this time. We rarely heard other guests talking in the hallway or opening or closing doors.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It appeared that the bed hadn’t been made when we arrived as sheets wrinkled and noticed a hair. This is a turn off.

Location great and facilities pretty good.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Outside of the room the corridor smelt of all the foods coming up from the market below. There is food available only as room service so unless the market below is open there is nowhere to eat or drink without going outside

Location. 2 big queen sized beds. Comfy mattresses. Proximity to Lonsdale Quay market and to the sea bus

• Standard Single Room

I don’t think the room wasn’t vacuumed on the second day.

First bed and bathroom are clean! Easy access to shops and restaurants! I can walk to the Quay and it has wonderful view!

• Standard Single Room

It was noisy due to the location of the room next to the door and stairwell. My first attempt at using the Keurig didn't go well. The grinds somehow ended up in the cup.

Very comfy bed and fun location.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The paper thin walls. Heard too much of the neighbouring guests. Had to turn up the TV to respect their privacy and preserve our peace.

Location—at transport hub and part of Lonsdale Quay Market.

• Standard Single Room

Lovely big room, hotel on top of Lonesdale market with loads of food outlets plus loads of restaurants in the area. Also Sea bus right next door

• Executive Queen Room

Really liked everything. Bathroom was a bit on the small size and a full length mirror in the room would have been nice.

I had made accommodation arrangements elsewhere. Although very expensive it did not meet my needs for location, parking and safety. I have stayed many times at Lonsdale Quay in the past and wished I had just booked my recent trip with the Quay. I stayed my 2nd night at the Lonsdale Quay and forfeited my paid night at my initial booking. Glad they had a room available. I love being above shops, restaurants and eateries. The seabus is steps away. Our room had a direct view of the harbour and lights of Vancouver. The room has flooring, not carpeting and just feels so much cleaner. Coffee maker, microwave, fridge are nice and the full size water cooler a bonus. The need for a key to access your floor off the elevator is a security measure I like.

• Standard Single Room

The parking is very limited as it’s shared with the market.

We enjoyed our stay. This hotel was nice and very clean. The hotel staff provided us with a complimentary upgrade.The rooms were well maintained.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There wasn't anything not to like!

I loved the view, location, amenities, and surrounding shops. The room was cozy, and ambience friendly and welcoming.

• Standard Single Room

same thing as at the Helm's inn the week before, dirty laundry in bags in hall at 4 pm, unsightly and smelly, and unnecessary

Breakfast not available, location great, bed very comfy, quiet at night

• Standard Single Room

We found the bed in our room to be too firm, but the room itself was very nice.

The location and view over the harbour is incredible. The staff is very friendly. The Lonsdale Quay Market downstairs and the proximity to transit and Seabus makes it possible to get all over Vancouver and the North Shore without needing to drive. The price is almost unbeatable.

• Executive Queen Room

Better lighting in seating area. A desk light would have been helpful. Safety bars in the shower should be a must. Unfortunately the drain pipe under the bathroom sink broke and I was left with a flood at 11 pm.

Lovely view.

• Standard Single Room

Lots of room, free room upgrade, two friendly staff, one with flat expression, everything very clean, except the hair dryer on the wall (looks like it’s been there since the beginning of time), very comfy bed, laminate floors, despite what we know about carpets, makes hotel room more homey.

• Standard Single Room

The maid service was so late we did not have our room cleaned as we wanted to rest before dinner

Our room was upgraded to the harbour view without charge.

• Standard Single Room

the public transit system in Vancouver is not the best, including their service by the drivers. the hotel employee was great to check and to make sure I don't get lost!

the location is excellent, excellent access to the bus terminal and sea bus. great view of water and piers. the Quay market is downstairs with excellent beer at the Brewing Company, great Cobbs bakery, Japan Shiatsu Clinic for great massage, wonderful foods, etc. just 15 minutes bus ride to Capilano Suspension Bridge for their famous cliff hanger and suspension bridges.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Unfortunately, we were in a room which had interconnecting doors. As a result, we were woken both nights by the guests in the next room.

Lovely hotel in a great location in North Vancouver. Quayside shops and market are in the same building. Seabus is two minutes away.

• Standard Single Room

The room was "fine" not great. No bottled water or fridge in the room.

Great location. Beautiful view. Very friendly staff. The bed was very comfortable.

• Standard Single Room

Found better pricing after arriving with Travelzoo for $99 per night and it included breakfast. Paid $163 per night.Will check out other booking sites better next time.

• Executive King Room

The breakfast (not included in price) was served as a buffet, but the chafing dishes did not keep the food hot, so we had warm eggs, bacon etc., rather thank hot ones. We were rather late eating that morning, but hot food should be hot, not lukewarm.

The room was huge, with a wonderful view of the Harbour and city skyline.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It happens that beside us, room 305, were making a lot of noise. They were probable influenced with alcohol and marijuana. It was very frustrating because you can hear many people in there (illegal and staff should really track down how many people are in the suite) threatening to slit someone's throat, throwing things around, yelling, etc. I really don't know how you can track that but it was really frustrating. They should've been kicked out the first time but for some reason, they had to stay for the 2nd time until 12 am to 1 am and then I had to call staff.

Place itself was great. Free parking during the weekends. Also, comfy bed.

• Executive King Room

Random people could get onto our balcony. There was a sight seeing tower next to the building from which people could see straight into our room as there were no privacy curtains so we had to keep the block out curtains closed all the time.

The bed was comfortable , however it was way to high I am 5' 6" and struggled go get up onto the bed.

• Standard Single Room

Car parking in the shopping centre car park. You have to get a ticket first then go up to reception to register your vehicle on the system. Building development close to hotel in the nearby area.

Good location in easy reach via car or ferry to downtown. Restaurants and bars close by. Good value compared to staying down town.

• Standard Single Room

We loved the location of this hotel - the spectacular view and all of the amazing food vendors and specialty stores that the quay has to offer made our stay very pleasant. We enjoyed cheeses, olives, sushi and wine in the room that we purchased from the wonderful selection of stores downstairs. It really is a perfect location with the sea bus, stores and restaurants just steps away. Beds were comfy and our room had two lovely arm chairs to sit in and enjoy the view.

Can't think of anything.

Situated on the floor above the Lonsdale Quay market with shops and restaurants and next door to the seabus that corresponds with the Skytrain, so very very convenient! Nice view.

• Executive Queen Room

Ended up costing us a bit more than we planned - parking was $15 per day and the tax was added to our rate when we checked in. Even after paying the extra parking cost, we had to still park on the street on our last day as the lot was full (there aren't reserved stalls for hotel guests). The bathroom wasn't cleaned well and the mattress was very uncomfortable. Our queen bed felt more like a double than a queen. We were also a bit disappointed that although we were stuck in Florida for 3 extra days because of hurricane-related travel issues, we still had to pay for the 2 lost nights. This place wasn't really worth that much money.

Location at the seabus terminal was perfect for us. We also enjoyed the patio with a bit of a city view. Coffee shop downstairs was nice.

• Standard Single Room

The parking was convenient but a little "tight" for a large SUV.

No breakfast included, but a discount was offered at the Quay area restaurants. This was great value with reasonable choice of food

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Nothing in particular that would be worth mentioning.

Nice, spacious and clean room with a food market down stairs where you can get lots of good lunch options, early dinners and drinks. Nice view of the city.