Reviews of The Sutton Place Hotel Edmonton 5 stars

10235 101 Street, T5J 3E9 Edmonton, Canada

#74 of 102 hotels in Edmonton

• Sutton Double Room

No fan in the bathroom which seems to be a problem as the whole room feels damp after a shower. Lack of channels on the tv was an issue as we were travelling with a 9 year old.

The coffee in our room was terrible. I usually enjoy a cup while getting ready in the am but we couldn't even drink it. I'm really surprised a hotel of this caliber still has those small crappy coffee pots and powdered coffee whitener. I thought just about every hotel switched for those Keurig machines instead

The location was perfect to walk to Rogers Place for a concert. The bed was super comfortable!

• Sutton Two Queens

I usually have a great stay and the rooms are usually so comfortable, but not this time. My friend and I walked over to the concert and when we got back the air conditioner definitely not working and the room was hot and gross. They supplied me with a portable fan.......

• Sutton Two Queens

Room was not cleaned very well, left over food in fridge, was over charged on my credit card for accidentals than must wait 2 days after check out to receive the credit

Bed was very comfy, location was perfect

• Sutton Two Queens

The room was dirty and the drapes were falling down.

The beds were comfortable. The pool was warm and the hot tub was great. The food was really good at the attached restaurant!

• Premium King Room

Room was in need of plumbing repairs. And the downtown noise was quite loud. The system has been down since our stay and deposit has not been returned or even processed, and it’s been 4 days now

The restaurant being so close.

Fan of air conditioning duct was making some noise. Which was a little annoying, especially during the night it disturbed my sleep. Although the room was well equipped but I would love to have drinking water bottles in the room.

Neat and tidy room. Friendly Staff. Parking is easily accessible. I got a room with a beautiful view of the downtown. Location is very central. Connected to skywalks (Pedway) so no need to worry about the harsh weather if you want to explore downtown by foot.

$30 breakfast. Shower- everything about it Just seemed like they bought some fixtures and and new door handles and called it a renovation.

Your beds and pillows are great. Other than that this hotel is overrated.

Could use a bit of renovating.. compared to other hotels I have stayed at downtown I would go back to the others. Personal choice though.

Great location in DT Edmonton

• Sutton Two Queens

It took aver 40 minutes to check in due to insufficient staffing. They didnt have any 2 bed rooms cleaned yet, it was 5 pm and we had reservations at 5:30. They told us we would have to wait and there was nothing they could do. They seemed fine with their poor management abilities and the fact that there was a line up of about 30 people to check in. I asked if it was always like this and they said, on game days yes. So they have a culture of not being concerned with inconveniencing clients. Our staff member was the "lead front desk associate." I didnt check out because the line was very long again. They seemed to think clients work for them..... Will not stay again due to poor management.

Beds were great, room was nice.

• Sutton Two Queens

Better information about parking in the parkade..for example. Do not pay for parking before checking in ..should have more check-in staff when large events are Goin on at Rogers Place

Comfortable beds ...awesome pillows...very 00ppclean...perfect place to stay when attending events at Rogers Place

Good stay, the property must have been renovated so its modern. We actually were a bit hesitant when we pulled up because the building from the outside looks pretty dark and ugly but very nice inside. Staff were awesome to us - the front desk lady was however rude to her co-worker right in front of us which we thought was unprofessional and made the "the worker"/ trainee uncomfortable I'm sure Highly recommend this property!!

• Sutton Two Queens

The restaurant wasn’t very busy so I felt like the appetizers could have been better... the crab cakes in particular.

Comfy beds and nice to have access to the pool and hot tub. Very central location

The parking. The underground parking wasn't easy to navigate. Once parked the signage sucked for finding your way. Not clearly marked "to hotel" and we ended up in the completely wrong area of the business tower. Once inside a stairwell there were signs but those do nothing when you can't see them from the parking garage. It's such a simple fix to avoid the frustration and confusion.

Location was great. Room was clean and comfortable. The Rose & Crown pub just around the corner was amazing.

Sink in washroom did not drain. Couldn't find the parking so had to park across the street and get up early to add more money for parking

Close to shopping and Rogers place. Could walk through pedway on the way to and from the hockey game.

• Deluxe Double Room

The website advertises bathrobes and mini bars but did not have. Website pictures and description were not accurate...we were disappointed when there. The elevators were acting up and don't get me started about breakfast- breakfast attached to the hotel was at CHOP. I ordered coffee and a yogurt parfait- I got the parfait 30 minutes later and still hadn't got the coffee?? Finally got the coffee after the breakfast...better than some..table beside us waited 45 minutes for toast!! DO NOT eat breakfast there! Will not go back...Oh and the area though close to Rogers Place was really sketchy- got accosted by a crazy drunk guy right outside the hotel... Nope never again for us!

It was really close to Rogers Place!

The convenience of being downtown didn’t really outweigh the cost of parking. Pool access felt isolated and there were no towels available. The fitness room was very minimal.

The room was comfortable and quiet. Staff were all very friendly.

• Sutton Double Room

We stayed here because it was close to the Rogers Centre and thought it was better than cabbing it. Never again! Traffic was so crazy and parking was expensive anyhow. Sutton charged $40 for valet parking and $30 for park-it-yourself. We got to our room to discover that not only did the shower not work but there was absolutely no hot water too! So disappointing for a $250 basic double room (plus $30-$40 parking fee the hotel charges).

We liked the proximity to Rogers Centre.

Although it is very difficult to fin complaints about the property, if I were being very picky the shower/tub could have used some upgrading. But nothing was actually wrong with the bathroom. I wouldst hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

The staff at the front desk were extremely classy and very willing to help, some of the nicest staff I've interacted with over all my travel experiences. Overall during our stay we felt very comfortable in our room.

• Sutton Double Room

It is a very old hotel, not vey well situated. The windows were awfully dirty, and the swimming pool water and space was so cold that it was impossible to stay there.

• Sutton Double Room

The shower was hard to control. Room was nice but didn't notice a fridge. TV programming was dated. Seemed to be a lot of construction happening.

Room was clean and bed comfortable. Temperature was easily adjusted and heating system wasn't noisy.

• Sutton Two Queens

The pillows were a bit thick for our liking.

The beds were very comfortable. Pool and hot tub were nice. We didn’t hear anyone else although they may have heard our kids. Overall, clean, comfortable and great location for Rogers Place and Downtown shopping.

• Sutton Double Room

Can’t comment on the parking because we didn’t know where it was. We paid the 9.00 extra for the valet parking.

The hotel was excellent. The king bed in our room was very comfortable. The walkway to the mall was very convenient. To be able to walk inside to the Rogers Centre is convenient when the weather is lousy.

• Deluxe Double Room

no movies! Only cable TV which was sad considering we had time to relax and wanted to enjoy a movie in our spare time. Also, when we checked in they didn't have our room category and down graded us. I was ok because it was cheaper and they were to drop my per night rate. At check out they were charging me my old rate and was saying this was the room I book on bookings.com. Had to take time to argue and get them to change the rate to what I was promised at check in. So check out was time consuming and we needed to get to an event we were up in Edmonton for.

nice shower, beds were comfy

Above

Found a condom plus hair in room. Only one towel, hair on different things, tap leaked to the point I had to put a towel down. No one told us until we arrived that the hot tub and sauna were not working.

• Sutton Two Queens

Our "rate" didn't include breakfast. No water bottles for our "rate". parking was a very unexpected huge expense. We cancelled our 3rd night and went else where.

The management sent me a cheese plate and wine.

• Sutton Two Queens

Heater in the room was awful and noisy. Had to dismantle the thermostat on the wall to adjust and get heat. No bathroom fan. No TV guide. Not enough towels in the room. Only 1 pair of pillows on each bed that were overly fluffy. Every hotel I have ever stayed at had had both firm and fluffy pillows. Other then this visit at the Sutton.

• Sutton Executive Room

We liked the room view over looking Edmonton. The hotel was clean, our room was spacious Plenty of restaurants, bars in the area to choose from. Shopping close by. Did not have a remote for the TV in the room, however they said we could move rooms, did not have to in the end, they found one that worked. Our overall stay was excellent.

• Sutton Two Queens

Daytime front desk staff member was very rude and acted like she was doing me a favour by letting me stay there. On Saturday I called for my car and after 30 minutes I went down stairs and she still had not requested my car this also happened when I checked out on Sunday. Also when upon check out I asked for a bellhop to help with my luggage and she told me “that there were no bell hops on staff that day so I would have to manage it myself,” I explained that I had a lung disease and need help so she sent a elderly housekeeper with no luggage cart. I did report this to the management as this was unacceptable. They advertise this service and I did receive this service upon checkin. The afternoon and night shift front desk staff were very freindly and accommodating.

The restaurant is amazing great service and excellent food. Hotel is a great location very close to Roger’s Centre and shopping. Hotel rooms are average clean and looks like they have recently been upgraded.

• Sutton Two Queens

Our room was right by the stairs, the doors kept opening and closing all night. Pool needed new tiling... rooms were a mix of new and old and the old stuff was dirty No room service No guide to tell us what was near by

Proximity to Rogers Place

Poor satellite reception. Tv channels cut in and out

The location was amazing!!!!!! Loved that the hotel was connected directly to the mall and almost all the way to Rogers Center. No getting in a vehicle to drive for shopping etc if you didn’t want to We will definitely be back!!!!!

• Deluxe Double Room

The pillow’s were not really great.

The location was awesome, the chop was awesome including staff there. Front Desk at check in was one of the best welcoming employee’s that i have ever encountered.

• Sutton Double Room

The parking was horrendous. The site below was full because there was a game that night so we had to park at a nearby parking location and carry all our baggage. When attempting to leave nobody told us we had to retrieve a special card from the desk since we were redirected which made everything more complicated. Completely unacceptable if you are charging $31 per night for parking.

This is a very nice centrally located hotel that is well appointed. The staff was polite but clearly more concerned with the aire if luxury than being courteous.

I have a truck that u can’t park underground so the cost of parking is a little steep

I like the convenience of the location and all the downtown has to offer with the Rogers Place right there and all the restaurants with in walking distance of hotel

The parking was expensive and there was nowhere to get snacks. The bar closed by 1 and the kitchen closed early. The toilet didn’t flush properly and the shower was set too cool.

It was quiet

Room service food was not good at all, I had the eggs benny and the pataoes were very deep fried and over cook, my husband had steak and eggs, steak not cooked right and over done patatoes as well! And it was supposed to come with fresh fruit and neither did! Cost us 70$, and we still had to I out for breakfast

Absolutely horrid customers service on the desk. They could not get my party's billing correct even after 5 tries. A number of times I was told that this was a result of 3rd party billing. If you are going to accept 3rd party billing, then find a way to make it work. It caused a huge headache for both myself and my guests. I will not be recommending this site again specifically due to the problems with the office/front desk. The ladies cleaning the rooms were wonderful. Business office computers were like a sauna and one computer was down and the printer had no ink.

• Sutton Two Queens

When we first checked in, we found broken glass near the bedside table, the comforter had coffee stains and the tv remote wasn’t working. When I called the front desk the worker seemed rushed to get me off the phone. The next day when our room was cleaned, our coffee supplies were not replenished and we didn’t get face cloths. It seemed like the staff were extremely inexperienced.

The room was spacious which was good for having our little kids in. The hotel was quiet and the bed was comfortable.

Yes, there is a pool, but that was the only thing family friendly about the hotel. Rooms are small (but clean). Very limited menu option for breakfast. Afternoon front desk staff were rude and not very helpful.

The pool was quiet and clean. Good location for Rogers Place

• Premium King Room

Bathroom cleaning could have been more thorough. Bath faucet was loose (fell off), but workable. For price, shouldn't have to come back to 'issues' after a long day.

The room was great to come back to. Great that it linked to the downtown Pedway, so I could get to my conference or shop easily.

• Sutton Two Queens

Noisy all night, had to call security 2 or 3 times, but it was season opener for the Oilers and we won! Some drunken fans got a bit aggressive in their rooms/hallways, security didn't really deal with it, it lasted a long time. Signs regarding noise levels after 11pm would be advised

Location for Rogers Place

The hot tub was luke warm like a bath that’s gone cold. The sauna were in the change room so we couldn’t relax and take it together. The room itself was very old bathtub wasn’t clean.

The bed was comfortable.

On Sunday morning there were a lot of homeless people around, 2 were sleeping on some couches when you walked into one of the enterenances. One was upstairs with a pile of crushed pop cans in front of him. For the amount spent on the hotel room for the night I was not satisfied that this seemed to be normal for security and staff.

Walking distance to Rogers place for the hockey game. Close to Joey the restaurant to get a bite after the game.

• Sutton Double Room

The vending machines were out of water and were stocked with pop only.

Supreme location! Walking distance to Rogers place, if you visit for a concert or a hockey game. Good restaurants nearby.

• Sutton Two Queens

No continental breakfast in am. Hotel still needs massive renovations. Glasses in room were dirty. One coffee pack in the room but no coffee creamer.Not worth the money you pay.

Beds were comfortable, nice view. Location to Rogers place is fantastic.

The location is fantastic, very close to everything downtown. The room was awesome, very clean and comfortable. Ate at Chop twice and it was excellent.

• Sutton Two Queens

The view and free parking due to paid stay at the hotel. Parking at the hotel was more than paying for a regular stay in the parkade. Someone also smoked in the room below us and it stunk up our room. Ice machine was not located on our floor.

The beds were extra comfy.

The only thing that could have made this stay better was a fluffy robe. It may be an odd thing to require but I really like having a robe to wear while in the room and before bed, the fluffy robe was missed!!!

The staff was exceptional. We had a very late check in and were attending a funeral. The staff was there at 2am to greet us, check in was fast and easy, room was comfortable and an early breakfast was appreciated. They let us store our bags after checkout and before we left for the airport and the concierge was exceptionally amazing. They were very kind and understanding, I would definitely stay here again.

No hair dryer on site . took a few requests to get it on day 2

Chop facility on site was handy and good . Going to Oilers game so walking was a bonus. Would stay again.

• Sutton Executive Room

For the price, I expected better quality toiletries (shampoo/cond). The staff wasn't overly friendly...not a warm welcome anyways...

I loved that it was close to Rogers Center and fab local restaurants. I loved the spacious room and bathroom and the bed was super comfy and the pillows were not too puffy and not too flat!

• Sutton Two Queens

Staff just handed keys, we had to look up check-out times and if there was a pool. Secondly, the first room we were given smelt like smoke so we had to switch rooms.

Location was poor. We had a son at the university hospital and it was too far away

Breakfast was really good after a night of flying. Rooms were exceptionally clean

Poor customer service - staff mentioned that because my 2 bed room was booked on booking.com I could not be guaranteed 2 beds because it is a third party site. Rooms were very dirty. Iron ruined an expensive dresshirt from a rust stain. Phone in room didn't work. Hair-dryer in room didn't work. 30minute wait for elevator, no stairs to room as a secondary option.

Restaurant on ground flirt level was very good with excellent service.

Area was soulless and closed on Sundays not a place I visit again I am afraid - not the hotels issue

Right in the middle of Downtown unfortunately closed to visitors at the weekend not the hotels issue.

Weak wifi signal

All staff were wonderful. Convenient parking, great amenities and location. Fantastic stay!! Definitely recommended to friends and family.

• Sutton Two Queens

No problem booking online with debit MasterCard yet was not allowed to stay without a credit card. Wouldn't even accept a deposit. Was left looking for another hotel at 9pm with my very exhausted children.

• Sutton Two Queens

The showerhead and handle weren't sealed to the wall and flailed around when I tried to start the shower. Not a huge issue, a simple fix for maintenance, but a nuisance when you're in a hurry.

My flight was ridiculously early and my room was still available when I checked in at 9am. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Sutton Double Room

The air conditioning was not working well. The two sets of towels for the 3 of us staying in the room was not enough. Our request for an additional set of towels was never fulfilled by the staff.

The room was very spacious and clean.

Bed squeaks, the thermostats need to be updated. So hard to dial in a comfortable temperature.

The bed was really comfy, the shower had good pressure. Excellent restaurant on site. Great location if attending sporting events.

The pool is under renovation which is an inconvenience during summer, however the hotel made an agreement with YMCA so the guests can use their premises which show that the Sutton care about solving the problem for their guests providing a good option.

Old room. Smelt like an old ash tray.

Friendly staff, great location. The room was nice looking, but you can tell it was old and use to be a smoking room. As soon as we opened the door thats the first thing we said to one another. After waking up in the morning we were both very stuffed up and needed to medicate.

• Premium King Room

The pool and gym were closed for renos. The pool is one of the reasons I choose this property so was disappointed I didn't notice any posting while booking ...if. Missed it or it was not advertised.

We like everything about this hotel...location, comfort, ease of use when we want to stay n the city for a night or two.

• Sutton Double Room

The rooms were not very clean - bathroom had hair on the floor and in the bath tub and it wasn't ours. The one lobby staff member was rude when we asked about room service, she stated all the info was in the room but it wasn't which is why we were asking her. Our room number was different from the number on the phone making it awkward if you did order room service and weren't sure of the #. The hotel cleaning staff were eager to clean our room knocking on our door at 9:00am when we were checking out that day and the check out is noon.

The location was perfect for getting to Rogers Place. The restaurant Chopped in the lobby of the hotel was excellent. The lobby staff were helpful but not very informative in terms of the rules of the parkade. He knew I parked there but didn't offer the prepaid card to get out. I got it in the end but had a hard time with the parkade clerk.

To much construction taking place up and down the street

I liked that you had to put your room key in the elevator to get to your floor as there were a lot of street people outside, housekeeping delivered some ice to our room while we were downstairs for dinner at Chop, nice restaurant, good food, happy hour drinks were also mixed well, shopping and Casino were close by. We only stayed one night as a stop over on our way to Saskatchewan, but we would definitely return to this hotel , great staff.

• Sutton Two Queens

We needed to pay extra for parking 33.$ a day. construction going on so no pool or gym. there was a five star restaurant but food was not. air conditioner didn't work first night a fan was brought into the room moved to another room on the third night. I also ask booking.com to find me a room close to a certain facility I had to drive twenty minutes to the facility each day. I also cancelled one reservation knowing I had time when I did booking.com changed my date and charged me cancelling fees.

Beds were clean

• Sutton Double Room

Toilet didn't flush properly, room smelled like armpit, we had to buy an air freshener, bedding felt damp due to humidity level, air conditioner wasn't very cold.

Pillows were comfy

Bathroom showing it's age.

This hotel is ideally located for shopping, entertainment, etc. It is a very short walk to Rogers Place for sporting and concerts. I would definitely stay again.

Were not informed pool, hot tub and gym closed for reno ahead of arriving. Air condition very noisy. Bathroom sink cracked, bathroom door kept getting stuck closed. Parking very expensive and when they park your car is off site and takes a long time to arrive.

Convenient location

The air conditioning in the room was very loud and kept me awake. Cars that are valet parked are off site. It took about 10 minutes to fetch my car. I was told by the clerk as I checked out that I should have called down for my car. No one told me that when I checked in, so I had to sit and wait. I was not provided with the wifi password on check in. In fact I was provided with no information about the hotel when I checked in.

The property itself is nice and the location is very good.

• Sutton Two Queens

we booked there specifically for the pool and fitness room... they informed us at check in that it was under renovations. I would of stayed at another hotel. So it was a huge disappointment

Clean

• Sutton Double Room

Parking very expensive, 43.00 a day be prepared to add this into your traveling budget. Daily cleaning of room was limited.

Hotel room were clean, staff were very friendly. I especially liked the mall that was connected to the hotel. Walking distance to Roger Place, really great location to the downtown core.

Unfortunately when I booked online they did not indicate that there was no pool, fitness or hot tub available due to a renovation. The offer of using the Westin just was not a good option for me as there are a lot of street people out and about and I'm not comfortable walking in the evening on my own. After I asked they did discount my parking for two nights in lieu of Still missed the use of the pool and hot tub though.

I like the location and it is easy to find. Fairly central ad lots of parking available.

1-The receptionist didn't speak clearly or slowly with no eye contact. 2-We paid $31 for parking through the hotel while the paking fare for individuals in the same parkade is $26( is the $5 punishment because I'm booked in the hotel)? 3- The exhaust fan didn't work in the bathroom. That caused in steam escaping and the fire alarm sounded twice. 4- My son got scared because of the siren and my wife was in panic. On top of that, a rude staff showed up and instead of apologize he threatened my wife if the alarm sounds again.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Sutton Double Room

Originally booked for only one night but had to extend my stay by another night. Hotel was extremely accommodating and extended within seconds. Great service!

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

I got locked in the bathroom and the door had to be broken to let me out. Fingernails and hair were on the bathroom counter; disgusting!!!! We got a new room and a bottle of wine but was hoping for a discount on the rate because of the inconvenience. I have stayed here 2 times before this and both times were average for the price.

I like the location.