Reviews of The Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa 5 stars

1999 Country Club Way, V9B 6R3 Langford, Canada

#1 of 4 hotels in Langford

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Resort View

My girls ad I have stayed there the last 2 yrs as an annual birthday gathering. We have a spa service, late lunch hang around the pool than relax in our room with drinks and snacks. We live only 15 mins away.....but makes it feel like a little get away. Hopefully we will continue this tradition for many years!

• One-Bedroom Suite with Mountain View

Couldn’t get ahold of the staff using the phone. Had to wait, and wait to check in. We had the same problem checking out. The desk people were on the phone.

The restaurant was good, The room was ok

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Mountain View

Beautiful, natural surroundings. View from our room, quiet building, cleanliness of suite, grounds outside well kept, proximity to forest pathways.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Mountain View

Didn’t clean my room. Left dirty plates and garbage in room. Didn’t replace coffee or creamers. Only made bed. They left fridge open. My food I bought had to throw out.

Nice hotel. Nice staff except one rude guy at front desk.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Mountain View

The hotel was much further from Victoria than I expected, at least a 35 minute drive. However, we preferred to be located in the quiet peaceful surroundings of Bear Mountain, rather than in downtown Victoria. The level of lighting in the room was very poor, electricity conservation gone mad. 😄. We turned on very light in the room and even then, could barely see. Haven’t they heard of LED lights in Canada? Other than that, I could fault this hotel. It was superb.

We arrived after 4:00pm but our room wasn’t ready. The women on reception was very apologetic and gave us a significant discount for dinner at the Belle Restaurant. That was a very thoughtful gesture and excellent PR. The room was large, well equipped and very clean with a huge veranda and the view over the golf course superb. We particularly liked the bathroom which was large and well lit. Our meal at the Belle Restaurant was excellent.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Mountain View

There are two buildings and one is really not a 4 stars hotel and doesn’t have any facilities. Beside, the Mountain View that we paid for on the 1 floor is inexistant. We had to paid extra to be in the main building and received a garbage and Parling view room...

Location, the facilities

• One-Bedroom Suite with Mountain View

The view from our room. I wanted a mountain view but got part of the golf course and partial view of the mountain

The bed was extra comfy and the washroom was amazing

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Mountain View

Mandatory tip on room service before you eat the food. I consider a tip as our satisfaction with the service and the quality of food.

Grounds were very well kept. Staff were friendly and knowledgeable.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Resort View

was not happy with outside membership entrance too pool, not just hotel guests. too many small children, a dozen plus, every time we wanted to go in.

beautiful room comfortable and very nice size

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Village or Resort View

Super noisy. Party next door , kept us up all night. Staff took hour to bang on their door trying to get in as I believe they past out with music blaring. I actually thought at one point staff might ask to come in as I shared balcony with the neighbors. I’m 9 months pregnant staying with my partner and 1.5 year old not happy to be woken up and to be up all night long by parties 😟

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Village or Resort View

Housekeeping only left 1 small bottle of shampoo for 3 nights. The coffee at the front desk was removed after 9 am. Expensive.

Comfortable beds and pillows

• One-Bedroom Suite with Resort View

We were not informed at check-in that the pool/hot tub area was under "winter " hours & missed out on our much needed hot tub. Key card access to underground parking was very finicky, (maybe just an old card)

1 bedroom suite was great for 3 adults. Kitchen a bit lacking in that they did not provide any tea towels or dish cloths. Resort a bit out of the way, but lots of hiking/biking right there. I hear the golf course is great but I'm not a golfer so can't comment directly. Close to family in Langford & View Royal areas, which was the reason for our stay.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Resort View

Customer service was a little off. Maybe it's because I look young (female) and I do not golf. No one asked me how my stay was so I didn't feel that welcomed. There is only one restaurant and one lounge. There is a sushi restaurant just steps away but I'm too afraid to try since the ratings were bad.

Overall, it was a nice stay. It is definitely a 4 star hotel quality. House keeper did a fantastic job. Excellent food at Bella. I do not golf but the golf course was beautiful and it was tidied all the time. Pool was excellent and warm.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Valley/Golf View

The access from town (down the hill) isn't ideal and can be congested winding through the neighborhoods. The developers should have thought that through a bit.

The amenities were lovely and the staff was so courteous and helpful. We dined at Bella not knowing if we'd be pleased--we had relatively low expectations and we were pleasantly surprised. It was delicious and the wine list was outstanding!

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Resort View

3 day stay in a nice suite however last day/night, electricity in the area was out for several hours (no fault of the hotel) resulting in much reduced service including restaurants - so we ordered out for pizza dinner. Regardless we would probably stay again

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Mountain View

There was nothing I disliked. It was an amazing experience that I cannot wait to repeat often!

Since moving to Victoria in 2012, eveyone I met went on and on about how I "must go to the Westin"! Man oh man, now I know why! Everything about this outing was super; from the drive to the stay to the amenities. It really was beyond my expectations. The food at the Bella was amazing. We stayed at the Fairways building which is a really great place for families. Sante Spa truly is worthy of all the awards it won. The pool is amazing and we made it just in time before the annual maintenance closure! I will absolutely be back!

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Resort View

We needed to have the TV repaired ,Technician was there within 15 minutes and had figured he’d fixed the problem ,but that was not the case. We ended up managing to fix our own problem. The billing process is also very confusing. Especially when you choose to upgrade because you were not in the building that you expected to be in. All rooms in the resort or similar but not exactly the same , size differs ,The quality of the bed and bedding ,proximity to amenities and the age of updates are different ( main building needs a bit of TLC s it is older) So the Westin main building is not as nice as the Fairways building for example. And they were trying to tell us that they had upgraded us to the main building but that fell far short from what our expectations were after we had stayed in the Fairways building for the last three years. So Slightly disappointed and certainly ended up paying more for our stay then we had anticipated. But that said bear mountain is certainly a beautiful place.

Bear mountain is a beautiful resort and have been there a few times but this trip fell short My expectations.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Resort View

We had not been to Bear Mountain for a few years, but was disappointed the robes are no longer fluffy and the beds don't seem like they are the 'cloud' beds they used to be. Counter/bar needs to have a small sink for cleaning dishes rather than bathroom sink.

Starbucks coffee

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Resort View

Valley course partially closed for rain and maintenance. Property still being developed, be ready for a few nail guns, dozers and contractors.

Golfing destination. Great amenities and parking. Thanks for upgrade to suite with kitchen and living room. As advertised for the golf enthusiast. Plenty to do in the location and no need to travel further. Room service splendid after 18 and swim or resting. Fireplace was cozy and fairway cottages were very clean and mostly quiet. Nice weekend vacation.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Resort View

Service was excellent. We ordered food to the room and were late getting back to the room from the pool/hot tub and the fellow waited for us to get back. Plus the food was yummy. Beds were very comfortable and place was nice and quiet. Everything worked as it should!

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Resort View

After a confusing check-in, Shane at the front desk made an extra effort to accommodate us and our needs. I had specified a 'family room' for six with sitting area when booking through Booking.com, but when we arrived at the Westin, the room reservation was for a double queen. The price was also higher than what the rest of our family was paying for similar rooms. Thanks to Shane and staff, we were able to get a family style suite with first-class amenities. Our stay was wonderful and our accommodation was top-notch.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Resort View

Fireplace didn't work wasn't told at booking I wasn't in main building. Lighting in room wasn't the best

Great bedding rooms were comfy golf course was spectacular. Food was excellent at all three restaurants...staff was very friendly

• One-Bedroom Suite with Resort View

The huge crowds at the pool - more than registered guests have access. We were told there was "adult only" times for the pool but found out when we went, on a Sunday, that Sunday is an exemption. ☹️

Suites were very spacious and comfy with a huge balcony

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Mountain View

The drive was very far up into the mountains and there were many deers at night although they mostly were just eating the lawn grass. I was hoping the view of mountain lines would be more impressive. The property seems to be more focused on the residents more than hotel guests. The underground garage door is also a pain to open with limited parking space underground. Overall it was very mediocre experience compared to other same types of resort we stayed at in the U.S.

Bedroom was huge and private view.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Mountain View

Paid for a mountain view, my room was on the first floor with a patio, they could utilize better patio furniture rather then two little chairs. There is a shuttle twice a day that comes to and from Victoria but if you arrive outside of those times I took a taxi, be prepared to pay 40-60 dollars. The shuttle is also 15 each way.

My suite was super large, very comfortable bed and super clean. The food on the entire resort is very good I ate at every restaurant except the sushi one that was next to my building. The pub food is very good at Jack's and in the Masters lounge, I would say the lounge has the best seating with big comfy chairs and a nice view. Speciality cocktails were good, in all aspects of drinks and food you are paying resort prices so nothing was really a bargain shall we say. Bella was very good, had their tasting menu and wine pairing on one night. The pool is excellent with a DJ present to set the mood, also the pool side bar and food was nice. The resort I think is realizing that not all people who go there are golfers so they are promoting the hiking, mountain biking, spa etc. The resort is expansive but it does lack any sort of little shops to mingle in except one store where you can get coffee and other things. The hotel itself has a large golf store to shop in.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Mountain View

Liked the parking garage but the traffic lay out caused for us to be head on with another vehicle each time we went in or out of the gate since the card swipe reader is located in the on-coming traffic lane. The only spots available to park were located next to large concrete beams making it so I had to climb out the trunk of my vehicle to get out as those small slots available weren't wide enough for my car and me to both fit. I'm also a skinny person.

The safety of the village.

Our entire reservation was mixed up when we arrived. Nobody assisted us with our bags (we were a large group of 13) until we asked. In fact, the woman who checked us in suggested that we walk all of our stuff over to the other building. We practically had to beg to get the concierge staff to assist us. It turns out they had booked us into a suite and a regular room, despite us booking two suites. That meant I had to go back to the front desk and hope that they had two suites available on the same floor (which thankfully they did, but the front desk woman acted as though she was doing US a favour?). It also meant we had to carry all of our bags over to the other room, even though we requested assistance with that as well. The check in was an awful experience because the staff did not make any effort to make it a good experience. In addition to that, they didn't give us an outline of charges when we checked in so when we checked that we had been charged $600 more, we were very confused. That meant that two of us had to make another specific trip to the front desk, wait in line, and then get an explanation that it was an additional hold to account for potential room service charges etc. That's all well and good, but that should've been explained to us when we checked in. Lastly, our booking was so messed up that they actually had me booked into a 3rd hotel room checking in the next day. They ended up charging me $250 for this "missed reservation". They did reverse the charge because it was their mistake, but nonetheless it was very frustrating to get that message on my phone. It's a really beautiful resort, but the staff need retraining.

The rooms are beautiful and spacious and the facilities, particularly the pool, are really great. There are restaurants onsite which is big plus since it's quite far out of the city. Lots of parking too.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Mountain View

We had asked for a late checkout and had a blanket no when we got there. We also found the room incredibly dark - even with all the lights on. Nearby construction work.

Location and golf.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Village or Resort View

No counter space in bathroom. Minimal towel racks . one bed light not working.expensive for what we got. Beware resort fee and multiple taxes. Very difficult golf courses. Off the beaten track for shopping or Victoria sighteéing

Early check in and late check out were appreciated. Our room overlooked parking lot but was comfortable

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Resort View

Having to wait way too long at checkout trying to obtain a receipt. Valet took my room number, name, and email, but I still haven’t received it.

Not having to sleep in the truck on Canada Day evening.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Resort View

Staff weren't very friendly or helpful. NOT kid friendly at all! Kids were only allowed at specified times (which i understand) however, they didn't allow kids at times that their own brochures stated that kids were welcome so that was disappointing. There The surrounding area was scenic and nice, but view from our suite was a parking lot

Clean, nice facility. Pool area was great, but kids not very welcome there

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Resort View

Loved it, only spent one night with my daughters, celebrating their birthdays. Was lots of fun. Had spa day, dinner at Jacks, pool, hottub time later. Hope to make it an annual event!

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Resort View

Very quiet and clean surrounded by beautiful nature. Extremely friendly and knowledgeable staff, eager to answer questions and generally assist. Food in the restaurant was excellent with a wonderful view. Store located onsite had excellent coffee!

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Resort View

The fridge in the kitchenette was noisy. Also, there was a big spa bathtub in the bathroom. Unfortunately, each room had its own hot water tank, so if one person had a bath in this big tub, there was no hot water left for anyone else.

The beds were very comfortable and the room was a good size. Parking and Wi-Fi were included in the price.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Mountain View

After one night stay at Westin Bear Mountain, it's easy to say we're relaxed and happy! For an anniversary get away, we were upgraded to a one bedroom king suite from a queen suite, but no view which I originally reserved for. Overall the room was very comfortable and the bed and was incredible! Hotel staff were very kind and helpful when phone was left in room after check out. Pool/ hot tub facility was 10/10! Incredibly close to town, but still feels like a getaway. Can't wait to go back !

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Resort View

The only thing which I did not like was a resort fee. If I recall correctly, I was charged 22 CAD per night. I was not aware that I am supposed to pay that fee. At the time I was making a reservation through booking.com price per night did not include that resort fee. Maybe it was hidden somewhere in the small print. Given that this resort fee is an obligatory charge, according to Westin staff, I think that it should have been clearly stated and included in the price at the time of making a reservation.

This is a very comfortable hotel. It is located in a secluded place, but still quite close to Vict

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Resort View

I can't say anything negative about this resort.

I loved the extra plush towels and all the little extras from the brand of coffee to the terry robes and very comfy beds. The room was beautiful with a lovely view of the fairway. We will definitely be returning for a golf weekend. Did I mention how great the gym was too?

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Resort View

We were charged an additional $22/ day resort fee even though our stay was prepaid

We were charged an additional $22 per night resort fee even though our stay was pre paid.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Resort View

Our own mistake, a bit out of downtown. We knew the facts so really can't blame the place for it.

It was expensive comparatively but overall good experience. The thing is if you are not into Golf or expensive meals then it's not for you.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Mountain View

Per above, at booking they didn't tell us about different buildings that were there as we expected to be in main building. Also, resort fee a little much and unexpected.

Restaurant good. They didn't tell us we weren't in the main building at time of booking which would have been good to know.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Resort View

The food options in the dining room, and the fee for restaurant room service. The wait for simple breakfast (30 minutes) on the last day of our stay.

The location, nice for walking, fitness centre, the staff, cleanliness

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Mountain View

Wish it had more indoor amenities for traveling with children.

The overall resort amenities and atmosphere. Great staff, beautiful rooms and dining restaurants. We had so much fun at the pool, nice in the summer, but we went during late fall, when the temperature drops and rainy, it still gets too cold to swim even if it's heated. Biking was good. Wish they could add more indoor activities like pool table or table tennis.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Valley/Golf View

Pool area which is not the hotels but communal with local area. Built up areas around the golf course with houseing. Lack of parking

Golf courses Fire pit area Evening meal

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Resort View

Although very friendly we had some difficulty understanding the check-in staff member.

Room was lovely and bed extremely comfortable. Nice balcony to sit and have a glass of wine. Food in the lounge was good and staff were very friendly and service was very good.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite with Resort View

NOISE! Directly across from a bar with a live band. Pool is run as a community center with hotel guest access. Miserable lifeguards and pool furniture that is long overdue for a cleaning. Bill with a long list of extra fees and levies!

Bed and bedding Bathrooms Some staff

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite with Mountain View

Overall resort was excellent With respect to pool area, was not a big fan of the adults only after 830 Was barely any adults there after 830 so really no point in adults only time

The resort was excellent The concierges were fabulous The view was pretty good Lots of attention to detail and service

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Mountain View

Signage could be improved on site. It was difficult to see where to checkin

Huge hotel campus which meant driving from checkin to my room. Bed was amazingly comfortable, secure parking, it was quiet despite being a very busy spot, and I wish I'd had the time to stay longer

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Village or Resort View

The pool was to be desired !!! Smell of urine and chlorine .... Would not use it again .... We wondered about the testing of water ????

Eco friendly ! Very nice Set up ! Golfing excellent ( pricey but excellent)

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Resort View

They charged me $25 on my visa after we left for drinking the coffee and having a tea? What the hell is that all about. I am completely disappointed.

We loved the facilities. Loved the pool and restaurant. The food was wonderful, hotel room was luxuries!

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Mountain View

Very quiet not many children, pool was closed at some peak times, service was a bit slow, seemed under staffed

Great food! Great mountain retreat and great golf

• One-Bedroom Suite

Limited parking during daytime hours, and takes a long time for hot water.

Our suite was beautiful. Roomy, clean, and modern.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Mountain View

The high prices of food and everything

Ribeye steak and wine was awesome

Great service.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Resort View

We loved everything, we will stay again for sure.

The pillows sucked!

Beautiful location and facilities.

The room service prices.

Comfortable bed, great pillows, quiet room, loves having a balcony.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Resort View

Everything was perfect. I took my daughter for some mother/daughter time. Our stay could not have been better. Thank you so much!!!

More restaurants

Amazing. Staff

Room was to warm

Spa treatment was the best!!!

• One-Bedroom Suite with Resort View

Was above and beyond my expectations

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Resort View

The rooms were extra clean and fresh

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Resort View

Compact, convenient property with everything needed for a golf getaway. Parked the car and didn't need it.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Resort View

Charged twice for the room and an issue getting the matter resolved and credited back . Very limited vegaterian menu .

Good room size

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Mountain View

Really really perfect place for family. Free golf play as well!!!

Everything was good

Linens were shabby.

My favourite hotel in Victoria.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Resort View

Amazing location and great facilities the pool and patio are fabulous

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Resort View

Would be nice to have carts for luggage so we could do it on our own in one trip.

Attn to up-scale decor. Cleanliness. View.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Mountain View

The beautiful surroundings - both natural and man made.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Resort View

I wish there was a small sink by the coffee maker

beautiful setting, comfortable beds, nice bathroom

Balcony felt a bit dark

The pool was great and the premises were very clean and well maintained.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Resort View

It was an awesome facility wish I had more time to golf

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Resort View

Shower not functioning properly, also one evening no hot water

Comfy bed

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Resort View

The bedroom is comfy. The bathroom is spacious. We enjoyed the balcony as well.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Mountain View

Great location and good value.