Reviews of The Westin Toronto Airport 4 stars

950 Dixon Road, Etobicoke, M9W 5N4 Toronto, Canada

#65 of 133 hotels in Toronto

• Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

Wifi down all night, calls too expenses, too far to walk to other restaurants had to cab it, charged too different prices ,hotel good expensive

Bed very comfy. Bar tender was so sweet, professional and friendly as was the concierge

• Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

The reception not helpful, when I go into the room, no slipper, no teeth brush, I want to call but no instruction how to call the reception, then I need go to reception again, they tell me you should call to make a request. Why you did't tell me when I check in.

• Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

Small gym, no changing room or shower for the gym/pool. Bed too stiff, and the light flickers then it is turned on and kept making a buzzing noise. Could not lock the washroom door as it was a sliding one.

There was a 24h subway right next door

• Traditional King Room with City View

Check in was awful, lots of extra hidden fees that weren’t posted, it was hard to find, Internet didn’t work, took forever to get clean towels, staff made me wait almost a full hour to sort my check in because they couldn’t find the debit machine, check out also took forever because they couldn’t find the accounts. Hotel was nice. Staff was bad at their jobs, wouldn’t stay again for the price. Had better service at motels. Also the rooms AC barely worked was very hot all weekend.

It was clean and the view was good.

• Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

The distance from the Toronto Congress Centre. And the lack of free WiFi in the rooms.

Staff was polite and considerate, especially Rumir who helped with some office stuff. And the room was far away from the elevator.

• Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

Not prepared for our arrival and there was inadequate shuttle service spots in the morning so we had to call and pay for a cab. Overall a let down.

A comfortable bed to sleep in between flights

• Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

There was a bit of confusion concerning whether or not our booking included breakfast (which it stated in the confirmation that it did). it was frustrating but they resolved the problem with a breakfast voucher which only included the cold foods. It cost $7.00 to upgrade to the entire buffet. The breakfast could use a lot more variety.

My friends and I stayed at The Westin Airport for a one night girls trip. The hotel was very updated and the decor was nice. The best part of our stay was the comfortable beds. The amenities included the gym which was 24 hour access which was convenient! The pool area was nice, however it could use some updating.

• Traditional King Room with City View

Electricity was out when we checked in & it took us >1/2 hour to check in b/c we couldn’t use cc. Gave us a flashlight for light & only 30% off for inconveniences.

Comfortable bed & clean conditions

• Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms were newly renovated but the renovation was not done well. Gaps in the flooring, bad paint job. The bed my kids slept in was squeaky.

Location and friendly staff.

• Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

A bit pricey for a one night stay even as a lifetime gold SPG member.

A very contemporary hotel with clean comfortable rooms. Great location to YYZ with free shuttle buses every half hour.

• Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

Girl at front desk was too quiet and we couldn’t understand her..windows in room were covered in finger and hand prints...pool had a scum line around the surface where kids had written in it with their finger. No hot tub

On duty manger was acommadating to change our rooms and offer some specials to compensate for our experience

• Traditional King Room with City View

No free Wi-Fi, they charged me $7 per day to get internet. Other than that, my stay was excelent

Big, comfortable room, Airport shuttle is very convenient

• Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

The pool was in very poor conditions and put a damper on my stay. I had invited my niece and sister to come swim before I traveled and could not spend much time in the pool because I was worried about its cleanliness.

No comment

ZThe Housekeeping Supervisor was absolutely amazing.Her name is Ashley and she was instrumental in making our stay outstanding .Thank you Ashley.

• Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

The gym was cold, there isn't a change room/ shower facilities.

The bus shuttle was great the driver drove me even though I was only one person. I checked out late, 2:30pm.

Everything was perfect

Rob was amazing. Nothing was too much trouble from calling me a taxi and checking that everything was fine to taking me to the airport. The room was lovely and bed so comfortable

• Traditional King Room with City View

Sound proofing between rooms is not very good. I could hear the people in the room next to me very late and very early. Parking is expensive.

Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Room was very nicely decorated. Location is perfect to the airport and the Keg (both of which we used). The bed was very large and comfortable.

• King Room - Disability Access

The paint and dry wall were falling from my bathroom ceiling we couldn't even shower. The room was horrible! They didn't even care too move us! And my wife is pregnant. Talk about compassion for customers. Non Existent!I will never ever stay at a Westin property again even if it is offered for free.

Hotel is good but they charge Internet Fee, too bad

Parking is too expensive C$25.00 compared to the neighborhood C$15.00 Internet is NOT FREE. Me & my Partner are really upset to stay in this Hotel and I'm not coming anymore. That's it.

• Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

Although everything was spotlessly clean, the public areas were in need of updating. The design and choice of colours is old fashioned.

Excellent staff

• Traditional King Room

The staff were friendly and Ashley at reception went out of her way to help us with our early morning travelling needs. The room was just beautiful and the bed so comfortable. The shuttle service from the airport was great.

• Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

Restaurant on site, way over priced and not good food. Rooms clean but paper thin walls walking down the hall you can here others in their bathroom. No change room or bathrooms around pool area.

• Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

Food: Traveling with a pet I was forced to order room service for most meals, and I found the quality of food to be average at best and the prices way too high. I've been at higher end hotels with better food, bigger portions and the prices were reasonable. Not a lot of gluten free, vegetarian or vegan options at all, which they need to look into because the competitor hotels (ie. Hyatt) are doing much better on this front. Staff: The shuttle drivers were nice but clearly expect a tip...I always do but on the way in I had no change on me and said I would get him on the way back...and he was quite grumpy about it which is unprofessional and not a good way to start your hotel experience. The front desk staff was hit and miss. Again, the competition is doing better on this. I had several problems with my key card, the invoice and my actual booking and they really didn't seem too keen to help, and they took forever. I saw other guests complaining (one man yelling even) to them too so I think they are either under poor management or very understaffed. They were polite but really I found the level of service poor for this kind of hotel. Very slow line ups to check in, to get problems solved, even to buy snacks at the shop took FOREVER. Finally, they didn't provide a dog bed like you see on the website. I brought my own anyways so it wasn't a problem but they should offer one on arrival to guests with dogs as per the Westin website. Overall the vibe was a bit cold/disjointed there and I didn't get the feeling that they were trying to make the customer's stay an excellent one.

The rooms were decorated nicely as they had renovated recently, the beds were comfy and there was a nice little table area for eating/working. The lobby is beautiful and the restaurants looked nice although I was traveling with my dog so couldn't actually eat inside. This is a great pet-friendly hotel. There is a little garden just opposite the front door for bathroom breaks, and a huge perimeter of grass around the parking lot for longer walks, which I appreciated because the area is not very green (highway, etc). Lots of restaurants around at nearby hotels, but not the best food options in my opinion (Lone Star Cafe, Subway, and other chains which I find gross, but if you're ok with that then there's lots around that you can walk or drive/cab to.) The airport shuttle was easy to locate, you just call the guy and he is there within ten minutes.

• Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

There were 4 of us we got in the room three shampoos, conditioner, coffee. One cream to split between us 4. Not as nice as thE Westin hotels in the USA. Not close to their standard at all. Was really disappointed having stayed at their other hotels

Closeness to airport.

• Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

The restaurant was over priced with not many options such a gluten free. Not very child friendly also limited options. We also, found pumpkin seeds under the bed and in the carpet between the beds as if it was no vacuumed prior to our arrival. Our room was also far from the evelvator- in the fifties a long walk for a child when leaving and entering the hotel.

The restaurant wait staff were very friendly and accommodating. The front desk staff was also pleasant to deal with.

• Traditional King Room

The process of trying to speak to anyone on the phone, even reception, was absolutely ridiculous. Every call appeared to be directed to what sounded like some central Westin system with recorded messages as obligatory listening before a call was answered!!!

• Traditional King Room with Airport View

Cleaning mixup. Was told that cleaning would be every other day for my selection (which I liked much) but cleaning didn't come by the third day. Two calls to the front desk afterwards just for them to get the trash. Not good for such a classy place. Small plumbing problem with bathroom sink - leaky when opened. No full-sized, head-to-toe mirror for dressing. Ladies need that!

Complimentary breakfast. Beautiful lobby and bar area.

• Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

Great bed and bathroom. Very quiet. TV programms and smart TV.in room many SUB sockets. Complementary WiFi. The airport shuttle every 30 minutes with comfortable bus. The front desk ladies very helpfull and professional.

• Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

I was traveling with my mother, brother, and two dogs. I specifically entered 3 guests, came to find out that breakfast was only valid for two people and the extra person had to pay 26 dollars. Then, parking is another 25 dollars, and wifi wasn't also free. It's really not worth the money. I've stayed in a lot better hotels and you get a lot more for your money.

The beds were amazing. The lighting in the bathroom was good since I had to do my makeup. The lobby was beautifully decorated and the elevators were quick to come down. Some of the receptionists were nice and friendly.

• Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

We ended up with one most uncooperative staff at the main counter that we had to speak with on several occasions. The pool was very cloudy. The main entrance lot out front for check in was exceptionally difficult to maneuver due to always having a large amount of vehicles parked there.

Very nice bedding and fluffy towels.

Wouldn't change a thing.

The location was very safe, me and my girlfriend enjoyed the beautiful and elegance the hotel had. Would definitely visit again!

• Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

The refrigerator did not stay cold, at all. No food or drinks in there stood cold. Called ahead to ask how much was the deposit for the room so we will be prepared for our trip, I was told $30 and the deposit was $250! Coming from 4 hours away, it was not easy or something we wanted to hear. Also did not enjoy paying for parking at a already expensive hotel, should be included with room.

Very comfortable bed, soft towels, very clean.

• King Room - Disability Access

I booked the room for my sister's wedding night as a surprise gift. The female employee that served her to check in, was very rude to my sister and her husband. I had changed the booking to their names as the guests, but hotel could not find it. It was found after 20 minutes still under my name. My sister called me and I had to drive to the hotel at 1am to provide a credit card although they had cash. I asked the female employee if I could give her my credit card number on the phone and I proceeded to give it to her , and she quoted back my debit Visa number that I originally booked with. She insisted I didn't give her my visa number and that she isn't to take this information on the phone, that is why I had to drive there. The female employee serving them asked another employee to go find them another hotel, without speaking to my sister about it. I arrived and provided my credit card and the female employee continued to insist I had not given her that number. She had a piece a paper with my debit visa written, and I could see that numbers from my visa she had written on the paper, so she had taken it down. The experience I had hoped for my sister and her husband did not happen, as a result of spending over an hour in the lobby. I was very disappointed in lack of customer service by the female employee we had the misfortune of interacting with.

My sister and husband were given a complimentary breakfast. There was a male employee that gave my sister and husband complimentary drinks, as they waited to be checked in. My sister believes that the male employee that was in charge of the valet was behind them getting the breakfast.

• Traditional King Room with City View

The check-in process was slow and the room service was expensive

The breakfast was fabulous and the rooms have been just recently renovated!! Very nice ones :)

• Traditional King Room with City View

The view wasn't that great. Really the only drawback

The overall experience was pretty amazing at a steal of a price. Will definitely go back again

• Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

Booking.com made the breakfast included option sound like it was for all 4 of us and not just two of us. The pool deck floor is very slippery. The room was small. Bathroom was tight but well designed ie pocket door smart, shelf counter style with room underneath for dirty towels, shower head that detaches for easy bathing of children etc. A suite option with separate living area and a door that closes to bedroom area is appreciated by families with small children when parents don't want to go to bed as early as the kids but don't want to have to sit in the hallway to do it. Hallways still need renovation. Broken electrical plates, one outlet open and an extension cord used instead. Lots of visible paint drips on bathroom door trim decreases sense of professionalism in the work on the property. Some nice fixtures in room like lamps but outlet plates are outdated. Work seems incomplete.

Hard floors in the room give a sense of increased cleanliness. Pool was nice size and an ammenity children enjoy very much. Staff at the buffet were nice and accommodated requests like for another vanilla yogurt for litter ones etc. Lobby impressive.

• Traditional King Room with City View

About 40 minutes into town. Not-bad but staying closer to downtown would be nicer.

Decent place for a couple of nights to sleep but not much to do around.

• Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

Pool and pool area need work. Cracks and pieces broken off in the pool. Floor dangerously slippery around pool. Items in store ridiculously priced. $4 for a chocolate bar or small bag of candy. :-(

All staff was very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was good and Jacqueline was awesome!

• Traditional King Room with City View

The pricing is misleading. First, the charge you extra for the internet per day in the room. You got free internet only in the lobby. Second, they charge for parking no matter you used it overnight or not. I didn't park overnight but used their parking, they charged me daily rate anyway and told me about it only at checkout. Furthermore, if I had booked directly with hotel, there wouldn't be a parking charge. But they charge customers who booked via booking.com. Totally unfair and misleading. My hotel bill was much higher than expected because of all hidden charges and poor communication from the stuff.

Big hotel room but the bathroom is tiny.

• Traditional King Room with City View

You had to pay for the wifi and the pool area really needed some upkeep and maintenance. The duvet was so worn it had big lumps in it and the room wasn't that clean when we arrived (lipstick on the bathroom counter and some stains on the bed). Basically looked like they tried to spruce up a place that's old and falling apart without really fixing the things that need fixing. Not really as nice as I usually associate with Westin.

The lobby was nice and the rooms were recently refurnished.

• Traditional King Room with City View

Paid parking. It's become the norm but it would be a great advantage to have free parking or at least a very minimal fee.

The staff was very helpful and and professional

Quicker check-in

This is a bright, modern, clean hotel! Very good location by the airport. The hotel has a free shuttle service to the airport. The room was large and very comfortable

• Traditional King Room with City View

They have so much extra charges for everything. They charge so much for parking $25 And no microwave. I was told it's only on the 3rd floor.

Customer service, bed, TV, bathroom

• Traditional King Room with City View

The pool needs work on the solar roof and windows.The pool area needs a bit of maintenance.

The bed is very comfy, the ataff is excellent and accomodating. Very nice price for the hotel when other Westin's are much more money.

• Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

This Westin was disappointing because the room temperature didn't go below 70, it let u set it for 64 but it didn't work. The ventilation in the bathroom was very poor, and would fog up the mirrors for 25 minutes before u could see again. My dog beds were never delivered, and the parking was 25 dollars. Because of these issues they validated my parking for free. I honestly would stay here again.

I love this hotel chain. Love to travel with my dog everywhere. All the fixtures and abstract art are beautiful. The rooms are so clean and luxurious. The pools are always cleans and refreshing. Usually have a 24 hour gym with the newest most intelligently bought equipment to do a quick solid workout. It's one of my favorite hotels!

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Traditional King Room with City View

The room seemed to be an accessible room which I did not request. The shower was so short I could not stand under it and there was a seat in the shower that made it feel like a hospital bathroom. The bathroom was tatty and there was no shelves at all to put toiletries etc. There was also no USB charging in the room and I was very surprised to be charged for WIFI which is pretty unusual these days...

Very convenient to airport with an excellent on demand shuttle service. Friendly and helpful staff and a nice spacious reception.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Traditional King Room with City View

Location to airport. Staff assisting and friendliness. Modern appearance. Bright. Easy access through front and rear doors. Breakfast looked good but I had no time to taste. Fluffy towels!

• Traditional King Room with City View

The power in the bathroom blew twice in the morning while using the hair dryer provided by the hotel.

Room was nice, most of the staff were helpful, but some acted like they couldn't be bothered.

• Traditional King Room

No free wifi TV remote did not work, and front desk staff at check-out was indifferent when we told her (said we should have told them sooner - but we were only there from around midnight until late morning - on a stop-over).

The bed was comfortable. The breakfast waitress was friendly and attentive.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• Traditional King Room with City View

Staff are amazing. Very friendly. Truffles delivered - complimentary Bar staff and restaurant amazing and valet parking is great as well. Always feel welcomed at the front desk.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• Traditional King Room with City View

Front counter person did not provide general info clearly. Had to ask about all amenities person seemed rushed even though no other customers behind

Breakfast buffet very good value but food not hot

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

• Deluxe King Room with Airport View - Free Wifi

They didn't have the room I booked & told me when I book from these websites that what usually happens which wasn't what I wanted to hear nye. I really didn't expect that from this hotel 😡

This place is beautiful I love it very clean& will stay again

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

Front desk staff seemed put out when we asked for a room facing the airport. We did however get a room but not as polite as the last few times we were there. Pool room and water temperature was uncomfortably cold. Room heat as also cold despite the thermostat. Not ones to complain and we are repeat customers but this visit was a little disappointing.

Door staff were friendly. They wished my son good luck in his tournament and were very welcoming. Good parking. Cleaning staff were friendly. Room was nice and clean.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Traditional King Room with City View

Hotel was under major renovation( October 2 2016). Ladders and building material everywhere. Lobby did not exist. They had a small office maybe 10 x 10 tucked in way in the back ( very hard to find) where guests checked in. Front door was locked due to construction, so you have to kind of figure things out on your own as common area looked like hotel was closed.I Wandered around for 5 minutes till I ran into someone that pointed me to small office to check in. All common area were not usable at all. That said, I think charging $ 22 for parking ( in the back of their lot where you park your self, not down town garage), not having a bar due to construction ( but charging $ 4.00 delivery for beverage to the room that we were forced to get because there is no bar) , not having restaurant or any sort, missing half the things from the room service menu), and on top of that $ 150 for the room ( plus double tax that they charge) is way too much. I understand the construction, but then you need to accommodate guests in a different way. They charged full rates for everything as if they were not skeleton of a hotel. It should be two way suffering in my opinion. You take away my comfort, well then you need to discount much more then $ 10.00 of the full price room. So ghost hotel with dust everywhere, drywall, ladders, scaffolding, trim missing, stairs blocked, pilled off tiles etc another words full blown construction zone , no bar, no restaurant, no common area period ( room was clean) with 2 glasses of wine (barefoot being the only white wine at $ 9.99 a glass, while whole bottle is $ 4.99) ) delivered to my room for $ $250 for one night, is a highway robbery. P.S. Nowhere did it say that hotel was under construction. Not at their website, not at booking.com. In my opinion, that is dishonest. I was able to verify that there is no bed bugs so I guess, that is worth premium price. Not sure that I would give it another try.

Room was clean and bed was pretty comfortable.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

• Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

Lobby under 'refreshment' so no place to sit. Wanted free wifi in room since none in lobby and was told to select the paid wifi and fee would be waived but final bill had to be corrected; would have appreciated if wifi were free during the renovation period. Fancy light shades and under sofa in room were dusty. No fan in the bathroom.

Very comfortable bed with new mattress and plenty of pillows; mini-fridge was handy; lots of parking in the back. Staff came promptly to fix light cover which was in the way of the closet door. Quiet room.

• Traditional King Room

I thought the hotel should have informed about the renovations. There was no work going on since it was a weekend, but there was no restaurant, spa, gym as well.

Nice restaurants around, Lone Star is literally at the entrance like 10meters away. Clean rooms. Good and efficient shuttle service to and from the airport.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Traditional King Room with City View

Going through renovations so the place seemed to be cramped during check and stuff but I guess that have to do it as a temporary basis. Also I think that wifi should be free inthe rooms.

The size of the bed!Free shuttles.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Traditional King Room with City View

Hotel under renovations, so unfortunately some services not currently available, but will be great when completed.

Room was fantastic..very comfortable bed, nice linens.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

We booked around 9pm the night of our stay and paid a discount rate of $179 cdn. Upon arrival we find out they're renovating. As we check in we're told parking is $22. They waived the charge for internet - who charges for internet? The tv didn't work. We could hear doors slamming shut until 1am!

Hotel was under renovations. They told us it would be $22 to park our car after we had registered. Offered free internet to make up for parking. Who charges for internet anymore? We've had had better stays at much less expensive hotels.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Deluxe King Room with Airport View - Free Wifi

The hotel was under severe renovations, no power for most of stay. Water was only available 1/2 the time and alarms went off all night long. The hotel did not warn me of this when booking and then only gave 50% of my few back.... Whereas It should have been a free stay. Checking and checkout were both horrendous lengthy and frustrating experiences with rsps who simply said they couldn't do much about this.

The bed

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

Would have been great despite the construction, two power failures and 1:30am fire alarm evac (fortunately a false alarm). They made right discounting the night and services though, staff was friendly throughout despite situation.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Traditional King Room with City View

Strange used decor in a newly decorated room - not the Westin recognised design and colour scheme, included a new flooring poorly fitted - as there was bib 'bubbles', very poor!

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

More aircraft noise that I'd like, strangely only until about 12am or so. Also, no idea why there's free Wifi in the Lobby but not in the rooms.

The beds and room were nice.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

The room was very hot. The ac was set for 18 and the coolest it got was 23.5. Too warm for me.

Happy to see welcome refreshments. Room was clean. Great location and front desk was very nice.

The wifi kept dropping.

I loved the proximity to different restaurants

• Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

We missed an opportunity to buy an adapter or at least just access to borrowing an adapter for European plugs.

The breakfast was outstanding!

• Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

Cost of parking, separate, per day

Very clean and extremely friendly staff

• Deluxe King Room with Airport View - Free Wifi

Restaurant was very good Close location to the airport Very nice rooms clean and modern

• Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

Liked everything. No complaints.

Cleanliness of rooms. Loved the beds.

Breakfast. Drip coffee at $5/cup

Location,airport shuttle and room

No Fox News on the TV listing

Great location but way too expensive

• Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

Amazing hotel! Will stay again. Close to everything. Take UP Expressbat the airport to downtown

The hamburger.

Loved the pillows!! And the lavender essential oils beside the bed. Lovely touch

the customer service