Reviews of The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto 4 stars

1 Harbour Square, M5J 1A6 Toronto, Canada

#32 of 129 hotels in Toronto

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Excellent! I'll be back.
    • Premium Room with Two Double Beds and City view (Free WiFi)

The eggs benny were actually a low point because of the potato rosti on the bottom. Way too greasy and heavy on an already greasy and heavy dish. Also, for $22, it would have been nice to have a slice of fruit. Even as a garnish. Pretty plain plate.

The staff were exceptional in every way. Jessica Bossence in particular. A+

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

checking in and checking out were the oly problems, everything else was fine.
    • Traditional Room with Two Double Beds and Lake View

Checking in. Room not available at 3.00pm. Eventually got upgraded where a room was available. Had to be very assertive to obtain this. Checking out was awful. Was second in queue but had to wait 30 minutes to be attended to as staff were too busy chatting to other guests and not considering people who were waiting.

Bed was comfy. View was amazing.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

We have stayed here a number of times and have always enjoyed the Hotel.
    • Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

Are room was not cleaned for 2nd night we were sleeping had do not disturb on door. A note was left under door saying to call a certain number to let them know I called and they said they would let cleaners know the room was ready to be cleaned.

Like the view and the location

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Wonderful ambiance staying at Toronto's Harbourfront. Easy walking directly downtown.
    • Traditional King Room

This is our second visit in a year and front entrace still under heavy renovation. Looking forward to the completion of the work, it will be much easier to enter with a car. Valet staff very accomodating.

Comfy bed and pillows, fluffy towels and robes. The city view on the 34th floor also had a partial view of harbour east gap. Very nice

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Nice hotel in good location- close to everything you might...
    • Traditional King Room

Extremely expensive parking at the hotel. Also we had the bad luck to stay at the hotel together with a large group of young people attending some party- they were very loud. Maybe it is not a good idea to place regular quests next door to a group of loud and unruly guys having fun till 3:00 am....

Nice hotel in good location- close to everything you might want to see in Toronto

OVERPRICED.
    • Traditional King Room

Not updated. Ac not effective. Very damp in the room. Over priced for what you get. Parking is ridiculously expensive. Would not stay there again. Not a good bang for your buck.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Overall we feel like we spent a lot of money for a room that should have been a lot nicer.
    • Traditional King Room with Lake View

From reviews of other people we were expecting a bit more of a luxury room but it ended up being below average compared to even cheaper hotels we have stayed in. The bed wasn't made that nicely and even in the hallways lots of the trim and other details seemed to be unfinished or falling apart. For the money wasn't really worth it. Staff were very nice though.

Staff were very nice and lobby was pretty cool.

Disappointed
    • Traditional King Room

Rude staff. Long check out. They screwed up my check in and tried to double charge me. Didn’t get room service one day and was blamed for having my dnd up in the am after they tried to clean my room at 830 the day before. Sheets were stained. Lobby was so fragrant I couldn’t use the lobby bar.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Great location, friendly staff and comfy bed but I just didn't feel this place met my expectations.
    • Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

Unfortunately, I didn't feel this place met expectations of a 4 star hotel. The cleanliness could have been better. The booking we made was for three people however the room was set up for two - there was only one bottle of water, paper cups only (two), two glasses and minimal toiletaries. Having paid so much for the room it was disappointing to find that a lot of the tv had to be paid for as additional, as well as the music channels. In addition, the leisure facilities did not meet expectations. The pool area was very basic and the set up strange, with people having to wander by the poolside (with outdoor footwear on) to get to the changing rooms. A good view, good location and comfy bed but sadly, I do not feel this was worth the cost.

Great location with lovely views of the lake

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Great location - a five minute walk to Scotiabank Arena and...
    • Traditional King Room

You do not have free wifi in your room, only in the lobby/lounge area. If you can get over that then this is a great place to stay!

Great location - a five minute walk to Scotiabank Arena and BeaverTails. There is luggage storage if you need it, the bed was very comfortable and the staff is excellent!

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

The location was excellent.
    • Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

The location was excellent. The hotel was beautiful and clean and the staff was very nice. I always use the fitness center when I travel and this one was very good. Wish I had time to use the pool and hot tub because it also looked great.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Excellent location with good views over the islands and...
    • Traditional King Room with Lake View

Excellent location with good views over the islands and comfortable rooms. The downstairs bar area was very noisey and the foyer provided little sitting space. The upstairs restaurant was very expensive probably as it had been a revolving restaurant in the past. It had not revolved for some years but the prices did not fall.

Very comfortable.
    • Traditional King Room

The size of the bathroom. My husband must use a walker, so the bathroom was too difficult to maneuver. Mind you if I had stated that up front, you may have been able to change the room.

The staff in every department were wonderful, welcoming and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

The breakfast buffet was excellent.
    • King Room - Disability Access

The breakfast buffet was excellent. Lots of choices, We also liked the open lobby at night, where we had coffee and dessert. Our room was lovely. The bed was comfortable, and the view was spectacular!

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Good stay , Great customer experience ( special mention to Jedd )
    • Traditional King Room

Good customer service experience, Special thanks to Jedd in the Hotel front desk to the very hospitable accommodation Very accessible to the downtown walkways

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

I had a wonderful time.
    • Traditional King Room

$24.00 charge for on demand movie. $6.99 in New York. The breakfast buffet was very good. There are two restaurants where one can have dinner, but there is no lower priced to mid-priced option to have lunch.

The health club and pool were very good. The property is very well-maintained and the facilities are excellent. I will stay here again.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

The delicious breakfast
    • Traditional King Room with Lake View

The lack of an accessible entrance for those arriving on foot: you need to climb three flights of stairs or walk up the steep car ramp

The delicious breakfast

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Great hotel. Nice location. Beautiful city.
    • Traditional King Room

The hotel was great in every respect. Our only problem was the cold rainy weather.

The view towards Toronto Islands was great. The shape and size of the room was excellent. Much nice room than we expected.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

The view.
    • Traditional King Room

The view. If asked, go for a room on a higher floor. I also had booked a room with city view but ended up with one at the corner so I could enjoy both city and lake view. Great. The breakfast buffet.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Lovely stay in Toronto

Air and heating system was VERY noisy -

Fantastic view on the lake side, good gym facilities, well-appointed suite -bathroom was a little small. Good location for business or holiday travel.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

The hotel was fine, but the overall experience was disappointing.
    • Traditional King Room with Lake View

I planned a stay at this hotel for my husband and myself to celebrate our first anniversary. I wanted it to be really nice and special and I heard about the beautiful lake view this place had to offer, which his why I chose this hotel and made the decision pay extra in order to experience the beautiful view. When we checked in I was told we were in a "city view" room. When I mentioned I had booked the lake view, she told me really shortly that I booked on a booking website so there's none of those rooms available for us. I must have missed this information when I booked it, but even so the way the woman at the desk told me made us feel like second-class guests. Just because of the way I booked the room. It was so disappointing because I chose this hotel especially for that view and end up just seeing the wall of the next Building out our window. Along with a couple service issues, it left me regretting booking this hotel.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Good location but needs a bit of refurb
    • Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms were a bit shabby in places, chipped furniture and the bathroom extractor was filthy. The pay per view TV I thought was expensive at 24.99 a film. We tried the in house restaurant where although the food was very nice, the facilities were not. The toilets to the restaurant were a floor down and it smelt disgusting. The carpets were stained and the toilets were worse than a public one with no lock in the one I went into and lumps of concrete missing out of the walls (see photos). For what I paid for the meal and it was quite pricey I was astounded that they have facilities like that for paying guests.

The location was good with nice. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms had all you needed. The bell boys were very helpful in taking our luggage to the room and organizing us a taxi to the airport. They allowed us a late checkout at no extra cost which was nice.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

My children and I enjoyed our time at the hotel
    • Premium Room with Two Double Beds and Lake View (Free Wi-Fi)

The lady working at the coffee kiosk in the morning seemed very judgemental and moody. Was not friendly at all. I believe her name was Tess. Was friendly with other customers just very short with me and my child.

It was clean and the pool was nice

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

It was a great stay overall.
    • Traditional King Room with Lake View

Housekeeping did not clean my room. When I called to ask for cleaning after returning to my room, it took over 1 hour for someone to come clean.

Bed was comfortable. Brought up a microwave, which was helpful. Shower felt good and hot. Lake view was nice.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

We'll definately be back but will request another room if when we arrive the A/C is super loud.
    • Traditional King Room

Our room was also given to someone else. Nothing inappropriate to see when he walked in but could have been different if that was not the case. As well if we had left and he walked in while all our belongings were there it also could have been a different situation. The front desk was very apologetic and we received a small credit. Our A/C was very loud making for a restless night.

The staff were great and welcoming. The location was perfect for what we wanted.

Location is great.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Rooms for 4 adults are 2 double beds that are too small to enable 2 adults sleep in one bed in a comfort way. The rooms are small, bathtab small and no shower or bath kits.

Location is great. The coffee shop offering great coffee and morning snacks. Lobby nice and good food. Nice stuff.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Overall it was enjoyable.
    • Premium King Room with Lake View (Free Wi-Fi)

The room was adjoining and noisy which I didn't want the bathroom was small there was no mixrowave. The food was well prepared except for the little worm I found in my fruit.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

There was a long wait time for checking in as well as out.
    • Traditional King Room

There was a long wait time for checking in as well as out. When someone came out to offer express check out, I was served last and the two gentlemen in suits (who got there after me) were taken care of.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Slept Well
    • Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

Room was cold and unable to turn on the heat. View of the Harbour but not told about the direction. Windows were dirty. Room was average and below par $279 per night.

Beds were very comfortable. Room was quiet. I have sleeping issues and slept very well. This made all the difference from a terrible experience to being ok.

• Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

The Internet was sporadic, more off than on, the tv sound was bizarre, the ice machine on the floor was broken but no signage saying so....the lineup to checkout was slow and inefficient. For $400+ a night I would have expected a much higher standard.

The view was great and the bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Check in girl was brutal.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Check in girl was brutal. I asked her if they offered discount for someone staying for surgery 😳. I asked her if she could find my Marriott number, disinterested.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Excellent hotel
    • Premium King Room with Lake View (Free Wi-Fi)

The food in the bar/restaurant was of poor quality and service less than expected.

The bed was very comfortable and we had a fantastic view. Staff were extremely helpful and the location was excellent for us.

My first time in Toronto and I had a wonderful time and stay at the hotel.
    • Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

The pool area needs to be remodeled.

The excellent location and views of the harbor. The hotel is centrally located to most of tourist attractions. The staff was beyond professional and extremely helpful. The hotel was impeccably clean.

We were out to enjoy the city , so very expensive to sleep in a smelly room
    • Premium King Room with Lake View (Free Wi-Fi)

The room had a very strong musty smell. Like the carpets had been wet and never dried. Very strong and unpleasant. Then the smell intensified with more chemical like smell when the air came on.

Bed was comfy , hotel knew it was my birthday and sent up a bottle of wine.

Really perfect hotel.
    • Traditional King Room with Lake View

Really perfect hotel. If possible I would recommend to choose the room with the view to the lake. The view was so beautiful, so good was to look at the ships, islands and airport. It's worth to pay a bit more for this. Very comfortable place in the city, in working distance to shopping centers, financial district.

Wonderful
    • King Room - Disability Access

Minor issue with magnetic card and a little stain on the shower curtain. Also for this luxury hotel with fridge, having real milk with coffee would be nice vs. What was provided.

Location. Easy to get too. Clean room

Bed was comfortable.
    • King Room - Disability Access

The pillows were paper thin. Difficult to sleep with them. I had to stack them and they still sucked. The area to drop off baggage is also a disaster. There needs to be a better system at the entrance.

Bed was comfortable. Room was clean. Nice big bathroom. Safe area. Beautiful view.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

beds were comfy.
    • Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

parking. see answer above.

beds were comfy....location could not have been better. staff was friendly and polite. Parking and getting into the lobby was a bit of a nightmare...could be because of construction. hopefully the construction is to rectify the congestion.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Great location, trendy hotel, great place to stay in Toronto.
    • Traditional King Room

The double bed I slept in was a little lumpy but still comfortable!

The room was very comfortable and clean, had everything we needed, hairdryer, iron etc.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Girls night out and we had a great time
    • Traditional Room with Two Double Beds and Lake View

Valet parking at 50 per night was a bit of a surprise add on. But in the end worth it.

View of lake and harbour was spectacular and great for people new to Toronto Worth the extra 30 dollars for lakeside view if you like this kind of thing Beds were plush and fresh Valet service was friendly and cabs ready to go right there. You need cabs for most destinations as being below the gardiner expressway makes walking to other attractions too far.

Loved the views!
    • Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

1 bed was super squeaky and I had to ask for a fresh spray because the room smelled liked smoke

I loved the neighborhood and everyone in the hotel was friendly

Great experience, nice hotel, great location. Totally met our needs.
    • Premium Room with Two Double Beds and Lake View (Free Wi-Fi)

Housekeeping was a little slow on the room cleaning, one day we had to call 3 times (after 7pm and room not cleaned). Food menu for room service was very limited.

Concierge was very helpful. Location was amazing - walk to CN tower, Rogers field, shopping and next to island ferry. Pool and gym were great.

Excellence
    • Traditional King Room

Check in and out staff very friendly and accommodating. Your bed was the most comfortable bed we have ever at any hotel or resort. The value was worth every dollar. Us we enjoyed the 12 check out.

Breakfast excellent.
    • Deluxe King Corner Room (Free WiFi)

Not being made aware there were two tower blocks of accommodation and not being given any choice.

Breakfast excellent. Bed & linen great. Very handy for ferries to the islands.

A relaxing oasis by the harbour. Magical
    • Traditional King Room with Lake View

Everyone and all the amenities were great. Just maybe a jacuzzi option?

Thank you to Monica at reception for signing us up to the group points program quickly and efficiently. And wishing us the best on our one year wedding anniversary. Maria the housekeeper was very sweet and gave us the best wedding advice. She’s our angel.

Good Location, very Crowded
    • Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

This is a huge hotel and they were extremely busy. Checkout was expected at 3 pm and I had to almost cry to get a room by 7pm. Sheets were not clean when we got to the room, However they nicely clean them.

Location is wonderful.

Great friendly staff ! Warm welcome ! Very pleasant atmosphere !
    • Traditional King Room with Lake View

We came to stay for our anniversary . And when we came back from our evening out there was a lovely platter of fruit and nut in our room with a happy anniversary card ! Very unexpected ! Lovely suprise ! Thank you !

I enjoyed the stay but I doubt I would stay again.
    • Traditional King Room

I couldn’t have my baby bottles washed and I’ve stayed at other Westins and they have washed them The pillows were really soft. I’m not sure if you could change the pillows as i didn’t ask.

location to Yonge street was excellent. Glad it had a pool and lots of floaters for kids to play with The lavender roll on they gave to help you sleep Barely waited for long for a lift esp with how busy the hotel was. The staff were very friendly esp the luggage desk staff. We were given free cookies which tasted great The valet parking allowed you to take your car in and out and charged you one rate which was good. It was steep price but tbh it was easy to leave and let hotel sort

The parking is not good well the pick up of the car took...
    • Traditional King Room

The parking is not good well the pick up of the car took over half an hour and I called the front desk to have car ready it’s a poor system there feel bad for the guys for tips , was very disappointed

Had a good time and plan on coming back
    • Traditional King Room with Lake View

Air conditioner was noisy in room. Scrambled eggs on the breakfast buffet need work, they looked good but taste terrible.

The staff was very friendly and view of the harbor was excellent. Location was great all sorts of things to do that are walking distance.

The stay was comfortable and welcoming.
    • Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

The pool water was cold, and also the pool deck blasted A/C (not comfortable). Otherwise the hot tub was a good temperature.

The bed was extra comfy, the room was clean and it was comfortable and easy to get too.

Hotel is well run and welcoming, rooms are a good size and...
    • Traditional King Room with Lake View

Breakfast facilities could be better.

Hotel is well run and welcoming, rooms are a good size and the views are fantastic! Very good leisure facilities too, I especially liked the size of the pool.

Ehhh....
    • Premium Room with Two Double Beds and Lake View (Free Wi-Fi)

Parking is expensive vs room price. Breakfast quite limited. The hotel is very dark (poor lighting and dark interiors).

Location is good. Rooms not too noisy. Ok view. Better high floor rooms. Staff quite efficient.

Comfortable lake side hotel downtown Toronto.
    • Premium Room with Two Double Beds and Lake View (Free Wi-Fi)

Parking was CAD$50 for valet per night!

The location was good for us. You are in the downtown Toronto area which can be annoying when traveling with family but being right on the lake makes it worth it for me. We had a lakeview room and enjoyed looking out the water. We hopped on the Ferry right behind to hotel to Center Island which is a must for anyone traveling with family. The beach there is nicer that Sugar Beach and you can swim in it. We were also within walking distance of CN tower and Ripley's aquarium (0.6 miles), very doable. I thought the room was comfortable and the amenities appropriate. We had free WiFi with SPG. I don't know if its free for everyone. We ate at the Mizzen for breakfast. They had buffet and kids under 10 ate free. The food was ok and was CAS$29 per adult. You can certainly find somewhere nearby with food just as good for less but we just like the convenience of eating int he hotel.

Good view
    • Traditional King Room

The main gate is under construction, drive in is not too easy (the street out side the main gate is the busiest during day time). Also when we arrive, there are tons of luggage stuck inside main gate.

Great location, the east tower has excellent view to the Ontario Lake, six elevators mean no waiting time. nice stuff, fast check in

My daughters and I enjoyed our accommodations for our...
    • Premium Room with Two Double Beds and Lake View (Free Wi-Fi)

The surface around the pool area was dangerously slippery. It could use some updating for safety. At checkout the attendant was to charge me an extra $200 saying the room rate was wrong. However, when I spoke up as to the correction, she did accommodate then took it back off my bill.

My daughters and I enjoyed our accommodations for our two-night stay immensely and would recommend the Westin Harbour Castle Hotel!

Not what I expected.
    • Premium King Room with Lake View (Free Wi-Fi)

Room was very small. Room service was a bit ridiculous, ordered a full meal and a beverage. It states at the bottom 15% gratuity is automatically charged which was fine, but below the cost for the beverage was an added $4.00 delivery charge (just for the beverage) even though I was getting a full meal delivered and did not just order the beverage. Thought that was a bit much. Always wanted to stay here and would not rush back. There are other Westin's that are much nicer and not as expensive!

Can't beat a Westin Heavenly Bed!!

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Hotel is central and in close approximate walk distance from...
    • Premium Room with Two Double Beds and Lake View (Free Wi-Fi)

Toula resturant was not good: no service - under staff, poor quality of food, over priced. Food was served in dirty china. Label didn't remove from Vegetable... Room rate was more than what the room was reserved for... Hotel did not honor exchange rate - they charge dollar for dollar US to Canadian.

Hotel is central and in close approximate walk distance from most resturant and some activites.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

The view, but it gets boring after a couple of days.

We were expected to pay for parking despite racking up almost 10,000CAD in room bills. We were simply told, it's not us, it's the valet company. We checked into 5 rooms with the lake view with 10 guests and a small minivan. In consolation, the check in clerk was like, we will give you free wifi? Who charges for wifi in today's day in the world, even the streetcar selling hotdogs outside the hotel can give you free wifi. We were not amused. Thereafter, though we had booked almost 3 weeks in advance as one booking we were given rooms on seperate floors splitting the entire family. Then comes the room service, we ordered milk as an emergency for our crying baby and were told it's 2.75dollars per glass. Then they delivered with a bill of 8 dollars, sighing its a room. Service charge of 4 dollars, ie from their kitchen, up the lift to our room. Lastly, comes to room amenities, 5 star hotels give you nespresso machines and capsules in the room, they give you slippers, shower cap, sowing kit, nail kit, tooth brush, which was all missing from our room. Despite the good location, I would not stay at the Westin again or any Westin. It's not 5 star by any means.

The view, but it gets boring after a couple of days.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

One of my favourite stays... but wish the Blue Jays had won their game
    • Traditional King Room

This is such a small thing ... but the bathroom was on the small side. But what what would you rather have? A big bathroom and a small room, or a large room and a small bathroom

Check in was Fast and easy. There were 6 employees at the Front Desk to help check you in. We were given a room in the North Tower it had just been newly renevated so I was told. The room was as promised it was fresh and clean... and the view out the window was beautiful. Along with the view the room also had a large LG flat screen TV to watch. If you are a techie your in luck there is a charging dock beside the bed as well as one on the large desk in the room. If you find yourself feeling hungry, they have that covered as well with their many in house restaraunts and eatery’s. They have a small variety store in the lobby that is open to midnight , and right across the road there are many more places to grab something to eat.

The staff were very sincere,pleasant and polite.
    • Traditional King Room

The suite was clean but needed an update. The lighting was very dim and difficult to find which switches turned in which lights. Limited outlet to plug in chargers. No USB charging ports.

The staff were very sincere,pleasant and polite.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

BEWARE
    • Premium King Room with City view (Free WiFi)

On check-in we received room keys, went up to the room and walked in. There already was a family in the room. Had to go back to the front desk.they gave us the same room on a higher floor with same view and called it an upgrade. Plus it smelled like old smoke. They told us they would comp us for breakfast for our stay (3nites) but only credited 1 day. We had to go back and have a follow conversation. DO not like the breakfast area. At the egg station 3 different people used their hands on eggs and vegetables. I haven't seen this lapse in hygiene at a hotel for years. No gloves in sight. 1 man stuck his bare finger in an egg to remove a shell! Who knows what goes on in the kitchen. Then their advertised buffet rate on my confirmation was $27 pp. I got charged $28 & $29 on each consecutive day. Would probably not go back unless they gave it to me. Since it was an event weekend the rates were very high. Valet parking was $50/nite

The location. Staff was courteous.

Dated and overpriced for the quality
    • Traditional King Room

Musty and dated, dirty windows,dated bathroom and so so towels. Reception area is like a train station, cold and dark. Harbor view room was in reality a side view through dirty windows. Expensive parking @44C$ /day plus tax. Ordered breakfast in room on departure morning as we didn’t have time to go out, was fine in quality but hotel adds two different service charges (?!) so the 48$ breakfast for two (reasonable) actually turns into 66$ before tip.... (not as cool)!

Location is central. Nothing else really

Better off in downtown core -- better restaurants and updated feel there.
    • Premium Room with Two Double Beds and Lake View (Free Wi-Fi)

Very, very outdated decor, smelled like old smoker's room, carpeting stinks too, bathroom fixtures old, tiny tub. Imposing and dated architecture and entranceway. Also for the record, i recommend you remove that ugly and dirty aqua rug from reception area. It's to work and does not match beautiful floor below it.

Comfy bed and pillows. Amazing amount of hangars in closet so we could hang up all our clothes. Second laundry bag appreciated. Effective air conditioning.

Not the greatest.
    • Traditional King Room with Lake View

Not acceptable the the amount of money paid. Windows were SO dirty we couldn’t see out of them. Huge line to check in. Was angry when they told us internet would be free then charged us on our bill for it then had to wait in line again to have it fixed. Cannot see the CN tower from pool area false advertising.

Checked in before 3.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Very good base for exploring Toronto but not wonderful.
    • Premium Room with Two Double Beds and Lake View (Free Wi-Fi)

Bathroom not the cleanest. Opted to hang out "green" card, i.e. no fresh towels/ sheets and they chose not to service the room at all. Pool area run down and slightly grubby feel by the evening.

Beds were very comfortable, fantastic view, great location. Excellent concierge, knowledgeable and friendly.

Good location for the lake.
    • Premium King Room with Lake View (Free Wi-Fi)

The main entrance area does not look gorgeous.

The location is good if you want to enjoy the view of the lake or go to Toronto Island. But it is a little bit far from the center of downtown.

Found a straight pin in the carpet right beside the bed.
    • Traditional King Room

Found a straight pin in the carpet right beside the bed. Also room desperately in need of dusting and windows over looking the beautiful lake were in dirty.

• Traditional King Room

Room was indeed bigger than most, but the decor seems outdated, the TV was so small you can barely see anything out of it. It wasn't really the cleanest hotels but it was fine. I think it was a little bit overpriced for what they were offering. Also, not a whole lot of buffet selections and you had to pay 29cad I believe... there was not much to eat.

The location was really so close to everything. The area was safe as well. Yoi could literally walk to anything and everything. Lobby was so beautiful and they have this touch screen TV that you could find some information of what was going on around the area, really helpful. The staff were all nice and very helpful too!

We had a Wonderful Stay
    • Premium King Room with Lake View (Free Wi-Fi)

The food in the lounge was not great. However, the service was very good

The room & bed were very comfortable. The cleaning staff allowed us to have a good rest as we were extremely tired. The food at Toula’s was fabulous and service was great. The Concierge was very helpful when booking our tour to Niagara Falls.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

You have to pay extra for WiFi.
    • Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

You have to pay extra for WiFi. It should be free as you pay a lot for the room. Lol The Filipino staff was kind ebough to give us a complimentary WiFi, though. 😉

The view was awesome!
    • Traditional Room with Two Double Beds

The view was awesome! The 26th floor overlooking the Toronto Island airstrip , watched planes taking off and Landing as well as boats, sail boats, ferries, Etc.

View to die for, but a little way from other attractions and local restaurants.
    • Premium Room with Two Double Beds and Lake View (Free Wi-Fi)

The decor was a little tired, and limited local restaurants.

The beds were very comfy, and the view from the room across the lake, over Toronto Islands and beyond was simply superb. Best view I have ever enjoyed from a hotel room.

Luxury Toronto Hotel
    • Traditional King Room

Wifi was not complimentary like majority of hotels, you had to pay a fee each night. The only parking option was valet which was $50 per night so we had to park about 10 minutes away (walking distance). The bathroom inside the room was small, we had to take turns getting ready.

The hotel itself is beautiful, huge lobby, modern design and very high end. We had the Lakeview room and it was easily one of the nicest rooms we’ve stayed in, in Toronto. The king bed was huge and comfortable, the tv was huge with all inputs and overall the room was spacious. The staff was very friendly, accommodating and willing to help make sure your stay was the best it could be.

Amazing view
    • Traditional King Room with Lake View

The toilet flush was pretty loud and scared me (haha!) but otherwise it was great!

Short walk to union station. We had a lake view room on the 34th floor - amazing views across the lake to Billy Bishop airport. Staff were friendly and when we had a problem with the tv (no picture, only sound), someone was up right away to fix it. The gym was pretty good too and even though we didn’t have a chance to use the pool it looked lovely!

Browse The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto traveller photo gallery