Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Toronto Airport West 4 stars

5444 Dixie Road, L4W 2L2 Mississauga, Canada

#49 of 84 hotels in Mississauga

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

A/C controls seemed out of whack in our room, and the one ice maker I could locate wasn't working.

Front staff were very helpful and friendly ... the room was clean and comfortable ... and we couldn't have managed our "stuff" without the shuttle (on time and comfortable).

I asked for king beds and i got queens. Very small and uncomftorable sleep. No hot water. Heater set to a very low tempature.. wont go above 24.

Clean.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was a little pricier for food than I had hoped.

Staff were all friendly, helpful, and thoughtful. It seems like they were really glad you were there. I felt special, not insignificant.

• Queen Room

I dI went to the wrong hotel. I did not know this hotel was so far from the airport. The shuttle service is not as good as compared to the Double Tree East. I had to take a taxi to this hotel. The shuttle to the airport does not go automatically, you have to wait until they advise you of the time. It is usually a 45 minutes wait for the shuttle. The shuttle is a small van.

The room was good, the staff were nice.

• Queen Room

The shuttle instruction online was not clear enough and the driver is a bit rude.

Great staff. I stayed only one night while transiting in Toronto. Front desk staff greeted me with smile and passion even it is late at night. I felt happy and relaxed after such a long flight. Even better I got a free upgrade of room :) Thumbs up for the staff Room is spacious and clean. The TV is easy to use and can connect to chrome cast so made it very convenient

The only disadvantage was traveling from Union station to the airport location.. However that was our choice.. I personally think it would be fantastic if there was a shuttle service from the train station to the airport location. I really liked the hotel but the taxi fares can really add up. Maybe an additional fee (reasonable ) would offset the cost to afford travellers a choice of location for your hotels.. Just an opinion..

I truly enjoyed our stay..Staff was friendly and helpful.. And a biggie for me ( being a dreaded smoker ) is although I had to go a short distance there was a designated area..Thank you for that.. Your restaurant service was great and their staff very friendly.. especially an employee named Rashid.. Overall if I was in the Toronto area anytime soon I would not hesitate to book with Double Tree again.. Mr.Doug Morton..who stayed in Room 104.. Thank you again and continued success..

• Queen Room

For a double tree, the room was dated. The curtains had rips in them, there where stains on the bedskirt and on the carpet. The bathroom was also quite small. Parking fee of $16.

Proximity to airport was great. Staff was so friendly. Good price for location.

• Queen Room

Walls are paper thin, you can hear the shuttle from the Sandman hotel next door, even on the 7th floor. You can also hear the alarms from the clocks set to wake up people from the floor. Rooms were tiny, more like what you find in the UK.

Airport shuttle comes every hour and it’s free.

• Queen Room

the fact that the airport shuttles first priority was to attend to the guests at terminal 3

We arrived to YYZ just as the wind storms started up. Once our flt had been cancelled we called for the hotel. We ended up waiting 2.5 hrs for the shuttle van which never did show up. The taxi line was too long so we decided to rent a car to take us from YYZ to the hotel and returned the car the following morning at 0630. It would appear that the driver was only picking up at Terminal 3 and each time the van was full and the never came to terminal 1. I would suggest going forward that they alternate their route in times of major flt disruptions, so that passengers at either terminal could be fairly treated

• Queen Room

-Safe not working - Room View was terrible - Shuttle Service was Terrible: had to wait at the airport for 2 hours to get picked up - hotel number was not reacheable, until having tried for several attempts.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Excellent stay! Rooms are really clean and always kept very clean. Great on location ; 401 highway close by and lots of great food close by as well. Staff very effective and friendly.

• Queen Room

There is nothing not to like

I had left my cell phone on the counter and the Lady Bartender ran to the elevator to hand it to me. She was amazing. The front desk clerk was very kind and helpful as well. The warm cookie makes a difference .

• Queen Room

The shuttle was supposed to be free but the driver requested $20 for the ride.. ridiculous.

I want to commend Dorothia from the front desk. What a lady! Super patient, kind, detail oriented. She was above and beyond.. if I had a hotel I would prob hire her ASAP! I travel a lot and it’s rare to get such a great service from just an individual, if I go back to Toronto I’ll stay at Doubletree again and will be because of her.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room are old and not convinient (impossible to switch off all lights from entry or bed), TV takes a lot of place and the closet is so small. equipements in the sport room may be broken, staff in the restaurant is very slow (25 min to wait before ordering) and I had to ask for my laudry to be returned. bad experience... Car park is very expensive as well as the breakfast...

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

very expensive parking (16$ per day and we are in the middle of nowhere...) , very expensive breakfast for the choice offered. small gym with broken equipements. very slow staff at restaurant

rooms okey but it depends if you have a renovated one or not. If you don't, then rooms are clearly not at the standards for the price

• Queen Room

Sophie the front desk lady was excellent. My partner is pregnant and soon as she saw her she was extremely welcoming and instilled warmth and comfort in her. We really really like our stay. The hotel was emaculate. Best hotel in Toronto. The price is very reasonable as well.

• Queen Room

First night - very noisy large group of teenagers in lobby where restaurant is where we were eating. We have no issue with teenagers - we both teach ourselves - however the service was very slow, waiters were having to deal with students who should/shouldn’t be eating external food in the hotel restaurant and those who wanted to borrow cutlery etc. We just wanted to eat and go to bed without fuss so tolerated it on assumption would be no further issues. First night - no towels in bathroom - husband realised upon exiting shower. Rang down and they then still brought the wrong number up. First night - horrific nights sleep - room freezing cold and traffic outside was SO noisy. Looked at windows (absolutely filthy!) and seemed to be single glazed. Had a heater but whenever you put it on using wall dial/controller it made horrendous cracking noises that did NOT sound heathy (I made a video recording if you wish to hear it!). Queried with guy that brought up towels and he said it was normal - I appreciate with metal filaments heating/cooling you can hear some sound sometimes but this was continuous loud spark/crack sounds. He said he would report it to management, but we weren’t happy with keeping it on while we were asleep so we were freezing all night. We ended up with coats over us. Second night - we came back from a day in a Toronto and wanted to use the hotel shuttle bus back from Toronto Pearson airport on our way home. We also used the shuttle there in the morning, and asked the driver how to get it back in the evening. He said the shuttle arrived every 40mins at the below terminal floor, station S5. I clarified we just needed to go and wait for it and it would turn up, and he said yes. Hence at the end of be long day we went to the exact spot, no shuttle turned up for 75 minutes. The hotel didn’t answer the phone when we tried to call them to query where it was (two should have been round in the given 40minutes).

Nothing - struggled to find a positive other than basic cleanliness.

• Queen Room

The staff at the restaurant ignored me for ten minutes, until I stopped waiting to be served and left the restaurant. They did nothing as I left. I should add they were not busy at all, only one other customer.

The hotel staff were excellent: courteous and solicitous.

• Queen Room

Noisy. Loud music until past midnight. Really loud guests in the room above us. Cigarette smoke in the hall of a nonsmoking floor

Close to airport. Shuttle service

• Queen Room

the room needed to be cleaner... and the shower apparently needed a special trick to turn it on. from my perspective, it wasn't working. but the staff argues different. point is... no water came out. and the staff handled it poorly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

we where upset because we mistakenly took the wrong shuttle to the other Doubletree Hotel - 925 Dixon road and so had to pay $30 to take a taxi to this Doubletree Hotel - 5444 Dixie road

the beds were very comfortable and the chocolate chip cookies were delicious

We did not like that BOOKING.COM didn't inform us there would be a $35.00 pet charge, shame on you -- this is your job as a website!

I have known this hotel for many years and it was recently taken over by DoubleTree. It has had a complete renovation and it is very tastefully done. Although the rooms are not huge -- attention to detail was excellent and the decor beautiful. The bed was super comfortable and the staff very helpful. We will go back to this hotel again for sure.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

A condescending staff member at check in ruined the start of our mother daughter vacation. Despite requesting a quiet room gave us one on 2nd floor with Windows to the parking lot.The cars were beeping their starter and people were talking loudly right outside. Because I was came via booking.com i assume, she and restaurant staff wanted to make sure the prices for breakfast and restaurant menu was affordable to us.

The overnight manager was apologetic and offered to change our room. He was surprised when I said I was actually a Hilton Honors member that booked via booking.com (efficient polite customer service) by error. Hopes he takes my suggestion that the hotel should pay better attention to those who are not members so they can attract New customers.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The only issue we had was the tv would turn on then turn off, otherwise the hotel was great.

The staff we dealt with was excellent, helpful and accommodating.

• Queen Room

Shuttle took a bit long to arrive from Toronto Airport to the hotel.

We just used it as a quick stop for our early flight to NY. Friendly staff, good size room. Location was good (close to airport). We made reservation for the shuttle in the morning and all went smoothly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

They charge me again the room, I told them that it was already paid and two incompetent clerks said "is for incidental charges" but no, they CHARGED MORE THAN THE ORIGINAL AMOUNT THAT I PAY TO BOOKING.COM.

I will not stay again due the parking. I do not believe hotels have to charge for parking. There are other properties very close to this one that do not charge fr parking.

It was a very clean facility

Nothing negative to report

The bed and pillows were comfy! Towels were soft:) great value and location for Yyz airport esp with the free shuttle. All the staff were very friendly and welcoming:)

• Queen Room

A working vent fan in the bathroom and a mini fridge

Restaurant was nice with good food. Staff were helpful when we needed boarding passes printed and the lobby computer acted up.

• Queen Room

we were late arrivals to the hotel and the courtesy van to the airport the next morning was all booked and we had to take a taxi instead $22.50...also, the parking rate for our vehicle for the week was outrageous $141.65

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I literally liked everything. Except that we had to call the shuttle bus driver after we landed at the airport. I thought they had a schedule like other hotels I stayed. And when I was about to leave I learned that I need to book the shuttle bus? But the driver was very nice and took me to the airport.

The hotel was super clean and very new. The bed was super comfy and I liked the bathroom. We had a big fridge, coffee maker, and microwave in the kitchen. Bathrobes were provided as well as everything you need for a bathroom! There are two big TVs in our living room and bedroom. The staff were very nice and helpful with our needings. We really enjoyed our stay!!

• Queen Room

I arrived to the hotel at 1pm and approached the reception check in. Without no greeting no eye contactThe lady at the reception ( Dorathiya) said we cannot accept you till 3pm very rudely. I was observing her during my stay. I must say she has zero customer service skills.

Room was cosy and nice

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Didn't experience any problems as I recall. I felt the staff at the reception could have been a more friendly.

Very comfortable, modern, looked amazing, fantastic facilities. Great WiFi. Good value for money, would stay again, definitely recommend.

• Queen Room

We had to wait a bit longer for the shuttle, because they only had one small minivan at the time we were there. The same with booking shuttle back to the airport, our time was already fully booked. The A/C unit could be less noisy.

Shuttle driver and reception staff were very nice. Room was comfy with plenty of space.

• Queen Room - Mobility/Hearing Accessible with Roll In Shower

was a great place nice room and bed too bad i was double charged and they will not re fund my money after endless tries double tree means double charge really would of stayed again but not now

• Deluxe Queen Room

A cleaner shuttle, but then it was snowing, so can't be helped.

Very pleasant check-in, o.k. check-out. Room large, very clean, upgraded toiletries in a spotless bathroom. I would definitely stay here again. The warm cookies upon check-in were delicious.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Arrived at 10pm, no cookie upon arrival. The restaurant/ bar did was not open for "late night snacks" even though it was advertised that the restaurant was open until 12midnight. As it is an airport hotel the free shuttle was pathetic, it was a small mini bus with absolutely no room for large luggage (you had to lift it up a couple of stairs and put it on a small rack). All we wanted when we arrived was room service and being an airport hotel one would think if the restaurant closed at midnight you could still get food but no. Room service closes at 10 (cut of time was not/is not indicated on any website) . We went to bed with no cookie as promised or food that was advertised. Room was renovated but there was a big hole under the bathroom sink and the renovation was scrappy. Late night staff did not care and were rude. Next day morning shift for check put didn't ask how our stay was. Will not be staying at another Hilton or it's affiliates.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

We had to wait for the airport shuttle for more than one hour. For the way back it wasn't even available, so w3 had to pay 20$ for an uber. The shower didn't work, or at least extremely complicated to use.. As the airport shuttle is one of the most important aspects regarding an airport hotel, I would not recommend this hotel.

Comfortable beds

See what did I like.

No shuttle when needed (6Am).Could no contact shuttle service fro the airport (Given the wrong tel. number at reservation time).Long wait at check in. Wash room at reception very dirty. I will not stay at this hotel again and will not recommend it to any of my friends.

• Queen Room - Mobility/Hearing Accessible with Roll In Shower

Room was not ready. Put in different room. Construction next door. Shower did not work. Staff hung up on me when I reported the shower not working. Needed fridge for insulin there was none. I will never stay there again.

Not much.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was not clear that you have to call the shuttle from the airport, there were crumbs all over my room from the previous guest, the walls and furniture were chipped, the heater was falling appart and there was a door connecting to an adjacent room that was paper thin. It definitely did not look like the advertised pictures!

• Deluxe Queen Room

The cost of late checkout was an additional $99. I have stayed at The Alt on previous occasions where there was no specified checkout time nor charge associated with a later checkout if you booked your room directly via their website. It’s hard to beat that value. That being said, I have no issue with a fee for an extended late checkout but I think the $99 charge was higher than need be.

Ability to secure late checkout (6 pm) as my flight didn’t leave until 11 pm, though the additional cost was a bit steep. Two meals: Tenderloin steak and Kobe beef salad were lovely Staff were friendly and helpful

• Queen Room

Very difficult to access the hotel to arrange for a shuttle. They need to make it easier to reach the shuttle coordinator by simply saying “press 1 for shuttle”. Forty minutes after I called the hotel 3 different times without being able to access a live person, I had to finally call Booking.com to help me access the shuttle. Everything went smoothly from then on.

The front desk staff who checked me in was exceptionally good. Very professional.

Booking com Miss leading booking sites Cost me 35$ Booked one week earlier than needed Those dates were pre chosen by them Leading one to believe that it was today's dates Misleading info trickery Try calling hotel directly and just a recording 4xs

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

We saw a little mouse in our bedroom. The heater was VERY loud so it was very difficult to sleep. Although I requested late check-out weeks in advance which was approved, I had to pretty much beg to get an extra 30 minutes when the day actually came. The cleaners are very loud and disrespectful in the morning, I heard them having full conversations outside my door at 9AM. I really could not say one good thing about this place other than it is close to airport with a shuttle. Speaking of the shuttle, the driver was GROSSED out of my dog and forced me to put him in the very back seat so he "doesn't touch him". You would think a pet-friendly hotel would hire people who are not disgusted from pets. On top of that, when I booked the room, nowhere was there written that there would be a $35 pet charge on top of total, so anyone booking with a pet, make sure you keep that in mind. NEVER will book here or any Hilton chain again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

- Bathtub liner in Room 218 was chipping / flaking away and in clear need of repairs, - The door to the adjoining room next to us allowed us to hear the guests speaking (clearly) and they were not shouting by any means.... Later that evening, as we were watching a movie (TV Volume @ 21), WE received a noise complaint.... Simply drinking wine and watching a movie on one of the lowest volume settings and we get a complaint from security. I usually stay at the Double Tree near Pearson Int'l when flying out of town, so I suppose we expected more overall from the hotel.

• Queen Room

Excellent service and accommodations as always!! I have stayed at this property for many many years and never disappointed. Shuttle service is always on time.

• Queen Room - Mobility/Hearing Accessible with Roll In Shower

don't think you should be paying extra for parking and the room didn't have a microwave or a tub....that was very disappointing.

the location was great, the bed was very comfortable.

• Deluxe Queen Room

For such a high end, disapponted that I could hear the noise from the next room and people walking outside.

Conventiently located next to Highway 401. Room was large and bedding very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I couldn't find a thing that I didn't like. The surprise chocolate chip cookie at checkout was delicious.

Fantastic burger, excellent friends service!!!i couldn't find anything I didn't like. The srpruse

• Queen Room

We have a corporate agreement with set rates. I have booked a room through Booking for one of my peer for $50 less per night.Reception at the Hotel told me with a smile couldn't do anything about it

Business stay-Location is the key decision factor Hotel cleanliness- was recently renovated Elevators-are slow and old Staff- professional. They make a true effort to meet your expectations.

• Queen Room

The airport shuttle is infrequent and asking tourist to always reserve in advance / find a Canadian number to call them would not be convenient.

The rooms are overall clean and quiet.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

When I checked in, the staff member explained that it would be $16 to park on-site, and I initially said ookay. When I went out to the car where my husband and daughter were waiting, I told my fiance and more or less said screw that , and we parked across the street behind multiple restaurants and loads of parking. As we went into the hotel, I informed the same gentleman that checked me in, that we had parked across the street, and he indicated he would take the parking off of our bill. At around 4 am, the people in the potential conjoning room nextdoor, started having a French speaking get-together and, we slept on and off with the chattering and constant laughing coming from next door. Finally at 6 I call the front desk and explained the situation, they sent up a couple staff to have a talk. That worked until about 8am, when they started up again. At check out, when asked how my stay was, I said that it would've been better if I hadn't been up all night, she said she was sorry about my neighbours and would do something to help and said she would take the $16 parking off my bill. I told her we parked across the street . She said well I'm taking it off your charge, and I repeated that I didn't park here and the guy from the day before said he would take it off because we changed our minds, 4 minutes within check in. She again said she would rectify the situation and not charge the $16 dollars. I didn't want to make a scene and just gave up. As I was the one saying thank you, she handed me 2 warm cookies. How can you be mad at these cookies. Small patch work of carpet was flapping around.

Location, price & perks of the hotel. We drove in from London and spent the afternoon downtown Toronto, including trips to the aquarium and CN tower. All the hotels downtown wanted an arm and a leg, obviously - since it was a Saturday. This hotel was less than half the price, and was just off the highway. When you check in, you ARE GIVEN A FREE { WARM } COOKIE!! which are freaking delicious. Later in the evening I asked it I could buy a couple, and she happily handed them over complementary. I initially picked this hotel so that my 8 year old daughter could go swimming, and it included saunas located in the bathroom. Room was clean and staff was polite and professional. Hotel is close to the airport, so lots of plane noises.

• Queen Room

There was a loud group of guests two doors down who arrived back at their room at 4am then proceed to talk loudly knock on doors and make noises for an hour or more. I expected better control over loud guests for a hotel of this calibre.

• Deluxe Queen Room

To contact the hotel for shuttle pick up is almost impossible. The phone rings and rings and rings. It took us at least 20 minutes to get through. The next morning at check out. The guy behind the desk made me wait for about 15 minutes to tell me their systems down , they can't process any check out. Pretty frustrating.

Once arrived at the hotel , the lady at the front desk is very friendly. The room is big and clean.

• Queen Room

Nothing, the staff and manager were extremely rude, unhelpful and slow. Also, the morning manager welcomed my fiancé and I with "if you don't like the room, go to studio 6". Which was herd by other customer and we felt was very unprofessional and even tho, he could see that we were tired, unhappy with the room due to non-working utilities and I cleaned sheets. By checkout, they falsely charged us with multiple fees that were not brought to our attention at check-in. For example, the night manager asked for the car licence plate number, which I gave him but he did not inform me of any charges and by check out, we were charged over $15. the first room view was a wall, the second, was construction in the court yard. Which, we were not informed of at check-in. this led to an even worse stay due to no sleep as well. After all of this, we asked for a refund and the morning manager repeated the phrase "if you don't like the room, go to studio/motel 6".

• Queen Room

I got woken up in the middle of the night by loud people in the hallway who were obviously drunk. I called down to the desk and they said they would send someone up. I don't know if they did. The noise went on for at least an hour and as a result I could not get back to sleep. So I paid to sleep and got one or two hours.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Windows were dirty. Curtains would not completely close. Room was kinda cramped. For the price,don't think is was worth it.

Closeness of the hotel to the airport. Plus,they have a shuttle bus which is very convenient. And both drivers were very nice people.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Was a little disappointed we thought breakfast was included and it ended up costing us 40$ and we each had a little plate. Food was good but if we would of known that we would of just went to Tim Hortons.

Very clean. Comfortable.

• Queen Room

Well... the toilet was clogged. When we pulled the sheets back there was multiple long dark hairs in the bed and we shorted pillows.

Check in was fast. Bed was comfy

• King Studio Suite with Sofa Bed

I was warmly greeted by Mr. Imran who was very genuine, kind and helpful- he also provide me with information on how to get around the city- I appreciated him taking a few moments to chat about my trip and what the hotel offered to make my stay more pleasurable.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The desk staff were not friendly and a bit rude.

The room was tastefully decorated and the bathroom was beautiful. The glass shower was really nice to use.

• Queen Room

-they began cleaning our floor before 8am which is fine, however housekeeping has little regard for guests that would still be sleeping as we could hear them yelling between rooms / down the hall. -there is no happy medium with the temperature of the room. I could not just have the fan running for air flow so either needed the heat or AC on.

Clean, updated

• Queen Room

Left very early to the airport before breakfast, a coffee station wirh muffins in the lobby would have been nice, but xid have coffee maker on room

Great location, nice restaurant on site with happy hour. Comfortable room and shuttle to airport on time.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Connected rooms make you hear very clearly the people chatting in the next room. The road side rooms are noisy as well.

Comfy bed, helpful staff and large room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

My family loved the cookies. We had to leave at 4:00 am by shuttle to the airport and the driver was on time and that meant a lot. Imran at the front desk was very accommodating.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Was woken up at 4 a.m. by several people arguing very loud in the parking lot below our window. I wish there was security to take care of this issue.

Location closet to the airport

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The shuttle bus driver was so helpful, he gave us info on exploring the city of Toronto and how to get there , simplist route, we were sad about the pool we thought it was closed because there was renovations go8ng on at pond the signage wasn’t changed for getting to the pool, but the room was ver comfortable.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Only negatives were the room doors, let in sound from the corridors and have to pay for parking.

One of the cleanest hotels I have stayed in, reallly friendly staff from the people who cleaned the rooms to the managerial staff. Would stay here again anytime.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Housekeeping was incredibly and even rudely loud right outside of our room on a Saturday at 8:30am. They were talking loudly, using the vacuum cleaner, etc. We would've appreciated if they could've done this a little later or with a little more tact. We also weren't impressed by the $16 parking charge. Lastly, we were almost charged $10 more than what was stated on our booking. The front desk clerk refunded the $10 when we noticed, though, so it's all good.

The hotel is very nice, clean, and conveniently located.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

The daily parking rate was odd and I believe parking should be included in the price. Thank you.

The room was beautiful and the restaurant was great. Parking was not included in the price, we were charged a daily rate. Over all the experience was fantastic. I would book again in the future and recommend this hotel.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Check in. Although I had confirmation of full payment the clerk was unable to find a record of payment. Will now have to follow up with my bank to see if two payments have been processed. Time that is very valuable to me.

• Executive King Room

The advertised hotel / airport shuttle was a joke - requiring us to repeatedly call them to send the shuttle and having to wait over 50 minutes twice. For an hotel that advertises itself as 7 minutes away and convenient for the airport this is unacceptable. Front desk staff seemed somewhat chaotic ( apparently getting to grips with a new system!). Definitely would not stay here again despite the nice rooms.

The hotel itself was very nice - the room stylish ( bathroom a little bit small but good quality). Nice airy reception area & good pool.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The night we checked in, the staff serves was so disappointed. It was already passed midnight and we had to spend more than half an hour to check in, one of staff leaved us at the front desk in the middle of check in process and never came back. And nobody explained what was going on with us. I hope it was a one time thing.

Hotel is quite clean and convenient.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was clean and fresh smelling.. Clean sleek look of the whole atmosphere... The little store had everything you could need... Very convenient. The warm 🍪 were outstanding and a nice way to start off your stay...after a long drive in.. the cookie was a nice suprise.