Reviews of Novotel Toronto North York 3 stars

3 Park Home Avenue, North York, M2N 6L3 Toronto, Canada

#69 of 133 hotels in Toronto

• Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds (3 Adults)

the double rooms are quite expensive. In general rooms need air ventilation not just the AC. A small window opening would do to air the room. The barricaded windows made the room claustrophobic.

very confy beds and pillows. Clean room with enough amenities including starbux coffee and lovley staff. close to the subway

• Superior King Room

I made the reservation, including breakfast, but when I checked in, the clerk told me breakfast was not included. So I showed the voucher and the clerk took it. However, the next day, the payment was made with my card. I will ask this to the hotel.

have a good location,

• Superior King Room

No breakfast . And the stuff for night were not friendly . The lady gave me hard time to book in.

I was told there was no breakfast. It would cost me $10 to buy

• Superior King Room

We stated on our booking that it's our wedding night and asked the hotel to offer something special in terms of room but we got a standard room

The bed was super comfy and room was clean

• Superior King Room

Wifi is ‘not protected’ and so phone could not connect.

Breakfast had great variety of breads and a nice selection of patisseries amongst other things. Liked the feel of the place, like a coffee shop, relaxed but vibrant. Staff were very friendly. Hotel is connected to a mall and the metro, so convenient.

• Superior King Room

Supply of tea/coffee VERY STINGY. (One serving of coffee, one decaff coffee per room per day) Air conditioning, as usual, difficult to control. TV channels seemed to originate internally, so TV guide not working, so could not find out what was on when. Only found out what channels were on what number by luck.

swimming pool. Very convenient location for what we wanted.

• Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

They should invest in larger televisions so that watching the television from either bed gives the best view.

The staff were extremely friendly and the room was spotless and so comfortable.

• Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

When arriving at 3:30 only one elevator was working. When told by the manager that it was really a slight problem and we should be thankful just to be alive (and I'm assuming thankful for the opportunity to climb 10 flights of stairs with luggage) it was the lowest remark that I have heard in direct referral to the van attack on Yonge. Excessively disrespectful

The hotel was close to the start of the Toronto Marathon

• Superior King Room

I stayed here for the Toronto Marathon, and the front desk was very accommodating. They allowed a late check-out (since I'd be returning late from the race), and gave me a new key card when I returned. The room was big and had a great view. It was a nice, peaceful stay.

Everything is well. Clean but when I checked in they told me I cancelled my reservation. I showed them a few time my confirmation number but still told me I cancelled it, never did. On top of that I booked two room, one with a double and king size, which they accommodated is even if they told I didnt have a reservation. The two rooms was for myself and the other was for my two teenage children. The room beside my children was also occupied by teenager/young adults who were making to much noise and they thought we are with them so we got a notice of noise complaint which did make sense because when I was in my room the walls are thin enough that I didn't hear any noise from my children's room when they got knock on. It didn't stop there, when I checked out they're going to charge me for a bathrobe in one of the rooms which only had one robe to begin with. If i didnt ask which room they're going charge me for, I would have paid for a robe I never had.

Clean. Enough space in the king size rooms.

• Executive King Room

No fridge first night and then installed but inside was not clean. Shower pressure poor and couldn't get it hot enough.Pool temperature was too cool but loved the got shower and sauna.Laundry pails left out overnight in area adjacent to elevators. Fishy smell near the elevators on the main floor.

Bed was terrific. Staff were helpful and friendly. Location was perfect for my needs. The decore grew on me.

• Superior King Room

Our shower door leaked to the point that we had two towels on the floor to soak up the water. No replacement towels were given. They only supplied us with one regular coffee packet for two people. I do not like the coffee maker in the room. For that price they could have kurig coffee makers then at least we could supplement with our own. I also felt the internet was intermittent.

Proximity to the subway. Size of the room

• Superior King Room

Bathroom door in our particular unit lacks privacy to some degree. Perfectly fine for a couple or an individual travelling by themself, but others may have issues.

Bed was very comfortable. Staff were incredibly kind and accommodating. Quiet, could only barely hear the elevator chime, and we were literally right around the corner from the elevators. Excellent location, right on top of the subway for easy access to the rest of the city. Tons of lunch and dinner options within walking distance.

• Executive King Room with Sofa Bed

Room was cold. Could hear the conversations in the hallway and the adjoining room clearly! :(

Staff moved me to a new room based on the noise level of my room.

• Executive King Room with Sofa Bed

Tea as well as coffee in the bedroom.

It was difficult to get light refreshments before 5.00pm if you were entertaining guests in the lounge area. Otherwise it was very good and comfortable.

• Superior King Room

I particularly asked for a room with a bath tub. I did get that. It was a newly renovated room, however, according to I believe a maintenance person, a couple of items were on back order, like a full length mirror. The only mirror was in the bathroom and it was on good for head and and shoulders if you are short. My cousins room for two people only had one drawer. I had ample space for one person. For them, what couldn't hang up stayed in the suitcases, so that was awkward.

All The staff were excellent. From the time of check in till the departure. The restaurant waiters in the evening were also very very good.

• Superior King Room

Wifi is not the fastest, but it serves its purpose. This is more of a place you'd come back to relax at the end of a long day over a place to sit around doing work all day.

Best location for the price. Unbeatable central location in the heart of North York within 5 minutes walking distance from amenities and tons of great food spots. Pretty nice view too if you're in a room overlooking Mel Lastman Square and the city.

• Superior King Room

The tubs paint was peeling. I would have thought such a nice room reno would include a new tub or refinished to go with everything else.

Brand new renovated room was beautiful.

• Executive King Room

Broken corner on mirror. Chipped paint in tub.

Very modern room. Newly renovated. Comfy and relaxing I love that you can access the subway to downtown Toronto by walking inside the building to the mall. Made it easy to commute to Bay & Bloor in the morning in less than 1/2 hour. I left my glasses behind and the customer service helped me figure out how to fed ex them home! Very friendly room service and staff.

• Superior King Room

My best stay yet in Toronto. Friendly/helpful Novotel staff and incredibly nice, clean room. Will stay here again the next time I visit the city.

• Superior King Room

The temperature control of the room (A/AC) never got the temperature (warm) I like for a winter night.

Bed was very comfortable, nice modern rooms.

• Superior King Room

I found ants inside my bathroom. After I report to the front desk, they have helped to spray the insecticidal water while I was out of my room. Still found one to two ants hang around but much better. Overall staffs are very helpful.

Location is super which only takes 25 to 30 mins to downtown. This is a very nice hotel and location wise can't beat.

• Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds (3 Adults)

The Reception staff that I dealt with at Check-in could have been more friendly (a smile here and there does not cost much). I did not specifically appreciate the tone of his voice (not very welcoming, kind of borderline authoritative)

The variety of offerings for breakfast was great. Some of the condiments could have been more clearly labelled/identified.

• Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Floors need better vacuuming. Sink was not super clean. Mini fridge used to house mini bar. But was turned off? Can't be used as a fridge.

Food at restaurant was delicious and service great. Could check out after meeting at 12.30. No waiting for elevators. Quiet on floors and outside. Bathroom very nice. Modern. Bed very comfortable.

• Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Room 720.....You have signs in the lobby area telling us how you re did the facility Look at the rug when you enter room number 720 and the coffee maker cord in room 707

beds were comfortable

• Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

Room was filthy. Dirty carpets, hair in bathroom, hair by coffee maker, bed very uncomfortable, noisy ventilation, poorly equipped gym. Parking is not free as advertised.

Location in North york city centre and at a subway stop is convenient.

• Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

The knob to the bathroom was broken, so I had to use the towel hook on the back of the door to open and close it. I didn't see that there was a lock on the bathroom door either. I was staying with my husband, so that wasn't an issue for me, but other travelers would probably have liked the option of a bathroom lock. I would have expected closer attention to detail for the price point of the room.

The beds and room are very comfortable and spacious, and the layout and design beautiful. I stayed at a Novotel in Madrid, which is why I booked them for our Toronto stay, as I had such a wonderful experience there. However, in Madrid, the breakfast was included, I would like to see that other North American Novotels do the same, not just at the highest price points. The location is close to many restaurants, a cinema, grocery store, and the subway and parking are perfectly situated.

• Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

The staff is so helpful to get the bag that I forgot and left in my room after check out (i was lucky to realize that I forgot my things after like 20mins from check out) I called the front desk and ask for their help, they are efficient and immedidately reply me in 10mins, they got me the bag and i was grateful! Thanks!

• Superior King Room

I enjoyed the fact that the hotel has a subway station almost inside it. Also, near from there has a market, coffee and foods stores. The room are new and clean, with a good a size. The hotel it is just 30 min (by subway) from dunda square (or downtown city) so I think it is a good option to stay.

• Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Everything was great from the time we arrived. We went for breakfast at Trio(the restaurant) and Sue at the front desk told us it was complimentary. A very nice touch for my birthday!!

• Superior King Room

the halls of the floor were super dirty and the chair and table on the bedroom were wobbled.

Bed is super comfortable, bathroom is clean and the view was beautiful.

• Executive King Room

As this was my second time in the Novotel, all issues were within my expectations including my decision to go for an executive room which indicates that the room is one of those rooms which have been recently renovated as there seems some rooms which may not be up to the same standards thet I am looking for but for cheaper cost

Staff attitude was great and the location was even greater.

• Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

The cleaning lady on the 8th floor during our stay didn't like us to put clean tag on the door...she keep saying no need to clean everyday....

Good experience and nice staff

• Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

I thought the site said that parking was free, then the front desk clerk told us it would be 17 dollars for our stay which turned into 100 dollars by the end of our stay. We also were right by the elevator and didn't have a very good view. Also had a random guest come and pound on our door early in the morning. They also made it seem that the tourist items were closer to the hotel then they actually were.

The shower was really big and the staff was very nice at breakfast. Really enjoyed the closeness to the Subway as well, made our trips easier. They also let us check out early and let us use the pool. I really enjoy the early check in and late check out that they give on a regular basis compared to other hotels.

• Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

The carpets in the rooms need to be changed . some of them are really very old. People with allergy suffer a lot from the carpet .

The hotel is in an excellent location . The staff are very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our stay very much

• Superior King Room

Everything was good. I have/had no complaints

The special cookie packages when checking in at the reception desk. The oreos were just what I needed at 430 in afternoon

• Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

The room was very dirty. I don't think they ever washed the carpets and the bathroom still had dirt on the tub and shower wall.

Good location, easy access....

• Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

If your car is more than 6 feet tall, you'll need to park about a block away on Beecroft street. That lot is comparable to the price of parking at the hotel, it's just outdoors. About a 2-3 minute walk.

Close to lots of good restaurants, quick drive to Toronto (maybe 20 minutes in a taxi), clean neighborhood, and the room was spacious and had everything we needed!

• Superior King Room

the price is expensive given that it is quite far from downtown toronto.

can't tell you because we didn't have breakfast in the hotel restaurant.

• Executive King Room with Sofa Bed

The rooms were fantastic - very modern and clean. Brilliant location - in the heart of North York. Easy access to downtown Toronto by TTC as well. Also customer service department were very helpful. We had to cancel our room last minute as there were some delays with my family's flights. They were very understanding and helped us do this without any additional charges.

• Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

No room service until after 5pm for dinner only. This means no room service for breakfast and lunch. Not much to do in the hotel during the day as the restaurant in the hotel is closed for lunch 11am-5pm. It would have been nice if it was left open for a place to work in as a cafe with coffee and snacks. Not a lot of facilities in the hotel, swimming pool is small, at least there is a dry sauna. Would of made a huge difference if there was a hot tub.

It was nice that the hotel has a nice little restaurant with bar next to the front desk for breakfast and dinner. Too bad it is closed for lunch (closed 11am-5pm). If it remained open during this time, guest would have a nice place to sit outside their hotel rooms. The hotel is also connected to the North York Centre plaza that has a food court, but the food court is not the same as the restaurant in the hotel.

• Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Our original room in the 4th floor was dirty and the toilet was loud with the water running. The view was also horrible We did get upgraded to the 17th floor and that room was excellent. The view was also excellent.

The location and access to the subway was excellent

• Superior King Room

No hot tub and the pool was in desperate need of an upgrade.

Very happy with staff, polite and fixed any requests right away. Everything was good except the pool area.

• Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

I was very vey disapointed at the rude welcome and staff at the hotel upon our arrival from the UK. A lot of attitude was given and I was yelled at about not having the exact correct ID on hand. I wrote previously that we were coming to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We did not receive any thing special or a room with a nice view or any mention of our anniversary. We were put In a Room with babies next door screaming up and down the halls and crying all night. Really really disappointed and think it was the biggest waste of our money when we could have stayed elsewhere.

I liked the location of the property and the large bed In the room.

• Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

The carpets are outdated and should be replaced to wooden floor

Staff are excellent and very helpful also the location is great with easy access to the subway

• Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

The standard room , found hair in tub Dirt in sink , carpet had severe chair was stained really bad . Room Looks nothing like photo

The upgraded room

• Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

The rooms were really dated - desk was melamine in poor condition - corner was ripped off and they tried to colour it in with a marker - not at all what I was expecting in a Novotel. Although, bathroom looked upgraded and modern.

Great location next to shopping, restaurants and public transportation.

• Superior King Room

The lady at receptionwas angry and tired and led us to an occupied room!! The pool did not have lockers and big towels and Sauna did not work. The breakfast had a poor qualilty.

location, cleanness

• Superior King Room

One gentleman on check in wasn't very accommodating. His manner was abrupt. The female on check out was excellent.

The location was great with direct access to the subway. The rooms were clean and quiet and spacious.

• Superior King Room

The cleaning staff alwayz had complaints and wouldnt want to clean the room. They informed me i damage property when it need a good wash. She didnt like the idea that I was in the room while clean even thou she only needed to clean the bathroom and add new towelz.

It was close to the subway

• Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

Staff didnt agree to move us to a better room than we had due to the poor view. Staff unfriendly when we spoke to them about it. Didn't even follow up with us on day 2 or 3. Poor Customer Service. Furthermore we were on a floor with a group of young men/women. They were loitering in the hall about 10 of them. Woke us up at 241am. Had to go tell them to take their party to there rooms, that my family was trying to sleep. Staff had rule of quiet time after 10pm. As experienced wiith this group that rule was not enforced.

That it was close to subway, and the convenience of having grocery store to shop at.

• Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

The chinese lady at the reception didn't want to help me print my one page. The gentleman had to intervene and help me.

Nice bed nice bathroom quiet room a very hot and relaxing sauna. The pool is a bit small but clean.The breakfast was nice but only ready made scambled eggs not made to order. Lots of fruit and nice chocolate croissant.

• Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

The room (and we were there 3 nights) was stuffy - and I would suspect the room was hastily cleaned - spraying chemicals (in my opinion) seems to be substituted for thorough cleaning. The room smelled of "longtime use" - and when we turned up the airconditioning to hopefully help the situation, this increased the blasts of air on us and indeed seemed to spread the problem. We decided to turn off the airconditioning at night so we wouldn't be blasted with cold air in our beds! I am very tolerant of situations in hotels at busy times! - but I do expect honest "Cleanliness" as as a Basic.! Dark broadloom and spraying in room 801 do not disguise for me the lack of proper care! (This is NOT a complaint against our room cleaner) ! - We did NOT ask for a room change - we had been told the hotel was full when we booked in - and I felt we would probably end up with another such room. We HAVE stayed here several times before in previous years - and not experienced this problem. Very disappointing!

The location of the hotel in North York Centre is convenient for us. The metro is underneath. good food store across the road - and handy coffee and cafes close by.

• Executive King Room with Sofa Bed

I stayed at this hotel 2 times (5 days apart). The second room, in where I am staying right now, is smaller, with a very little sofa, no mirrors in room, no complementary waters in the room, which one needs at least at the first night and minimal space for 2 persons. The reception guy was not friendly at all (even I can call her angry!) and sent us with 6 pieces of luggage to a room which was already occupied. We (2 ladies) were very embarassed when we were triyng to swipe the card and open the door and a man opened a door from inside!! Her colleague told us that this may have been due to long shifts and if true, the hotel manager should seriously consider that. The breakfast is not good, as another friend told me, with no cheese included (not my experience). I am not sure if I will try this hotel for the 3rd time.

The location is very well (close to North York subway station) and at our first stay the room had the minimum required standards and was clean. So we did not cancel our 2nd reservation after a tour to PEI.

• Superior King Room

Hotel is located directly above a subway station with direct connection to downtown Toronto (~ 30 min). Had a room high up on 17th floor with a splendid view.

• Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

The noise of daytime is unbelievable - comes from the main machine of the air conditioning outside of the hotel. Room service shouted and knocked the door to door at 8am in workdays. Wondering if they could have a smart way to do that job

location is good, convenient to foods, supermarket, and subway.

• Superior King Room

Didn't look like there was a great deal of things to do immediately around the hotel, but the subway access made getting downtown very easy.

Spacious bed and room. Super convenient subway access. Underground overnight parking at a reasonable rate. Great value.

• Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

The carpet in our room!!!!!!!!!!! Stained, outdated and stretched with huge bubbles. Badly needs replacing and I'm surprised the hotel continued to allocate this room. The state of the room carpet combined with the hallway carpet looking shabby and old really lowered the quality we expect when booking a Novotel. There was a sign outside the hotel stating newly refurbished rooms but clearly the upgrade is incomplete.

Room size and layout typical of a Novotel. Large king bed and pillows super comfy. The restaurant provided wine glasses so we could entertain our Canadian friends in our room before dinner. Had one meal in the hotel restaurant and it was excellent. Restaurant staff were very attentive and friendly. Meal prices were very reasonable with a good selection. The hotel is well out from downtown but the close proximity of the metro made getting to the city centre easy. It's about a 20 minute train ride to downtown. This minor inconvenience was offset by the Novotel room rate when compared with the downtown Hotels. Lovely park and square beside the hotel and a large supermarket just across the road for anything you might need. An in- room empty bar fridge was a big plus for us as we like to bring our own drinks and snacks plus I need to accommodate medications that need a fridge. Hotel staff were helpful with booking tours and gave us a late checkout time on departure day without additional charge. Great shower with choice of handheld or rain shower.

• Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Parking not included when boom through booking.com also underground parking not tall enough to accommodate pick up regular size pickup truck.

Location. Accessibility to subway system.

• Superior King Room

I thought everything was terrific, and don't really have any complaints.

The location is convenient: close to the subway station and walking distance to many different restaurants. My room was spacious and comfortable, and I had a great night's sleep on both nights. Also, the pool was top-notch.

• Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds (3 Adults)

There is not enough storage space in the room & toilet .

The location is convenient especially if you need to take public transit . Staffs are friendly .

• Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

Location! Direct access front North York Central subway stop. Concourse level has 2nd Cup, Rexall etc. Loblaw across the street to the east. Beautiful park across the street to the north. Only 30 minutes direct route on subway from Union Station to this quiet location. Great for family trip to the city.

• Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

Hotel was great, locals super nice but the drive from Niagra Falls on the QEW was horrible. It was slow and congested and took 3 times a long as it should have but once we got to Toronto it was worth it.

Front desk staff were wonderful. We happened to be there on their 30th anniversary. Lots of perks including free post card pictures of the family, carnations for the women, candy and prize box for the children, free ice cream and balloon animals for the kids. The hotel was great. Subway located just under the hotel making travel easy. Food court just outside the inner doors was great.

• Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Not enough pillows on the bed!carpet looked very old and a bit dirty.Room was a bit dark.And the bathroom was not very clean.Overall, the building is outdated inside and there was few cracks in the furniture.

The bed was very comfortable and I slept well. Location is quiet and hotel is connected to the subway which takes you downtown. There are few shops near, a grocery store, hair salon,a fast-food restaurant, couple of restaurants and a Cineplex.Good for someone on a budget.

• Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds (3 Adults)

Bed too soft and I absolutely dislike the 4 square pillows. There should not be a daily charge on parking

Convenient location; nice shower; comfortable temperature

• Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Access to the subway that runs to downtown without even having to go outside is a nice bonus. Having stayed downtown several times, it was nice to explore other neighborhoods. If you are more interested in seeing downtown Toronto, keep in mind it's 30 minutes by subway to that downtown. However, it's a straight shot by simply going downstairs and hopping on that one subway line. There are a lot of Asian food options within easy walking distance.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

My stay too brief to really note anything.

Getting to subway easily. Just being 40 minutes away from AGO by subway and not having the hassle of driving downtown and finding parking there.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Superior King Room

The shower door leaked a fair amount of water when showering.

Good swimming pool to swim lengths. The hotel restaurant had a nice decor and the service was excellent.

The wallpaper was peeling. The room had a musty smell and the the ceiling had a patch where there was a previous water leakage. The bed linen did not seem clean and fresh and the bed was ok

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Executive King Room with Sofa Bed

Better pricing in hotel restaurant.

Luxury room, the restaurant in hotel was very pricey for breakfast. Overall staff was excellent, very helpful with questions re parking, elevators and route to underground subway

• Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

Lobby was a bit sparse, with not much seating. Hallways needed updating and new carpeting to look clean and inviting. Not a free breakfast depending on cost of room.

Staff was very friendly, and helpful, even held luggage for us. Rooms were clean, modern with very comfortable beds. Parking available for a price. Lobby had a game console for children. Restrooms in lobby are were clean. Restaurant staff was prompt and attentive for breakfast. Elevators worked well.

• Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

I had booked a room with a King size bed. When I checked in I was told there were no more rooms with a king bed available, however, I was still charged the same rate. To top it off, a co-worker checked in after me and was upgraded to a king room and was told this was done due to there not being any more rooms available for the 2 beds that he booked. I was not given the options of including Breakfast and when I asked the gentleman at the front desk I was addressed with a kirt "No". Customer service needs some work.

No hold bar in shower-could be dangerous Bathtub surface very slippery also dangerous Cleaning staff did substandard job-basically made beds, but room filthy!!

locality convenience

• Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Better tv service, as the pay for tv did not work, and the remote was not good to access information. Could have been cleaner, as the washroom floor was not clean.

I liked that I asked for a quiet room, and it was as I asked for.

• Superior King Room

I wish the bar opened earlier. Television reception was spotty. In room dining looked poor (didn't partake).

Super fast check in (like 1 minute...not kidding). Water pressure in the shower was awesome. Super close to the start line for the Goodlife Toronto Marathon. Great price for the pasta buffet for runners. Staff all around were very hospitable.

Browse Novotel Toronto North York traveller photo gallery