Reviews of Travelodge by Wyndham Airport North Bay 2 stars

1525 Seymour Street Highway 11 & 17, P1A 0C5 North Bay, Canada

#17 of 21 hotels in North Bay

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

When me and my party arrived the lady at the front desk was wonderful but she was still there at 8pm! I arrived at around 12pm! I felt really bad for her! I don't know what time she started but that had to have been an extremely long day for her and still at the end she has a smile!

Everything was fantastic! The lady at the front desk was super nice and helpful always with a smile! The location was perfect for me!

Rooms were unkept and not cleaned well between days. Dirty blankets had to replaced by a phone call and there was visable marks. Bathroom sink and coinyer were not wiped down either. Staff was kind and amazing and breakfast was good.

Large rooms

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The wheelchair accessible room left much to be desired . Getting in from hall was difficult. Access to outside from patio windows was impossible. The toilet was too low and the sink almost too high to use. The bath tub was only accessible with GREAT difficulty. A walk in shower would have been better. The bed was much too high and I had to stand to just get the edge then lift my legs over wheel chair to get in .

The staff were friendly,helpful and efficient. Breakfast offerings were tasty and varied The rooms were comfy and fridges and microwaves worked.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

We booked this as a staycation with our 2 year old granddaughter. We were hoping to spend most of the day by the pool swimming. The hot tub was out of order and the pool was too cold to spend much time in. Wish we knew this before booking.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The hot tub was not working. The room was very dusty... didn’t look very clean. The bathroom still had old soap scum on the soap dish😬

Central to all of the places we wanted to go.

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Things that could be improved. The first is the entrance to the facility. There is no sign on the highway identifying the entrance to the facility. Because it is a lane between two commercial properties it's difficult to find. Second the TV reception in the room was poor. The channel guide did not match the channel selected and two of the Canadian Networks were not available, CTV and Global.

The property was what we expected. The location was ideal for us. Close proximity to the people we were visiting. Friendly staff, good breakfast.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The ONLY reasons I booked this hotel was for the pool, hot tub and hot breakfast. The pool was too cold to enjoy. We were promised Friday that the heat had been turned on and it would be better by the next morning , it wasn’t. The hot tub hadn’t been working for months according to the front desk staff. The “hot” portion of breakfast included cold scrambled eggs, unknown content patties that had a taste and texture similar to rubber. The pool towels are so thin and small that one wasn’t good enough for my 4 year old grand-daughter. There was rust on the light fixtures in the washroom. Only half the lights in the room worked. The severe shortage of plugs in the room meant two of the following could be plugged in at the same time: 1)the poor excuse for a microwave or 2)fridge or 3). tv. Only one additional personal item could be plugged in at any given time.

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The pool was only opened for one out of three days we were there because the heater was broken and when they opened it was cold so we couldn’t enjoy it

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was hard and uncomfortable. And the fact that we didn't have room to have breakfast. There was no conditioner or lotion??

We didn't eat there because there was too many people and not enough room.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Not so friendly staff (the manager the next morning when paying specifically) because we booked the room online, and to top it off was CHARGED MORE for my stay than what I was quoted by booking.com because of it. Not very impressed! The staff member we had the next night was great to deal with, but I would not recommend this site to anyone as the price that was quoted was not true and the staff were cranky because of using your site instead of theirs. Never again will I use this site to book a room.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

NO WATER IN ROOM HAVING TO SWITCH ROOMS AT 11 PM AFTER TRAVELLING ALL DAY KIDS HOCKEY....AND THEM NOT KEEPING THEIR WORD ON REFUNDING AT LEAST 20 A NIGHT AND THE ICE COLD POOL TOO CHEAP TO TURN ON THE POOL HEATER ...NO ELEVATOR TO BOOT...AND SKIIDOOS AND TRAILERS ALL OVER THE PLACE

NOTHING

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The lights on the room did not work. We only had use of a small lamp by the desk and the bathroom light. We were missing the remote control for our tv in the room. The breakfast was very poor.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool is very small and the water was cold. No towels available in the pool room, and there was a sign that said you had to shower first but no shower facility?? The hot tub was hot but had weird foaming bubbles in it. Everything was kind of threadbare and the room smelled like stinky feet.

Staff was very pleasant. The lady who prepared and served the breakfast was extremely on the ball and pleasant!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast began at seven, but we had to leave the building shortly after, so breakfast was very quick. The hot food (eggs, sausage) was not appetizing and was thrown out. The lobby was so cold that by the time we got breakfast the food was as frozen as the swimming pool the night before. Also, you had to ask for towels before you went to the pool area. None were available in the pool area.

The staff were kind.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I booked this hotel solely for the pool and hot tub to be able to relax after an extensive amount of driving. The pool had been drained and filled and was not open for guests during my stay. I am a little upset that the hotel did not notify me, or booking.com of pool maintenance which would have given me the opportunity to stay somewhere else.

Breakfast was nice. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

• Queen Room - Smoking

Replacement of bed pillows. the furniture is older but everything was clean.

The staff were extremely courteous and helpful and friendly. This is a smaller hotel but pet friendly and they have smoking rooms. The lower level rooms all have patio doors.

Will never use booking.com again. I became very Ill and had to go home early. I couldn't find any information how to cancel my extra night. The hotel was sympathetic and strongly suggested I contact Booking.com to cancel. I spent an hour online trying to find a phone number. I sent a cancellation via email because I was unable to obtain phone number to cancel. I am out $149.00 and I am angry. You advertise it is easy to cancel well it isn't.

Convenient to all areas of downtown core.

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Half of the Travelodge sign was not lit so difficult to find; entrance off highway is not easy to locate

Pleasant and helpful staff; comfortable bed; liked having a fridge; enjoyed breakfast

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Air conditioning was very poor. The jacuzzi was not working. The breakfast they kept the eggs and bacon behind wasn't in the open like the rest of the good to grab.

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I ask for room at back and he gave me at front he was a new guy. The breakfast is good but I prefer real eggs scrambles or not but it was ok. The Jacuzzi was broke I was disappointed.

Everything are very good. The bed is so comfortable.

• Queen Room - Smoking

They did not have my booking even when I provided the confirmation number. They did give me the rate I had been quoted by Booking.com Hot tub was not working(main reason I booked at this property)

Location was good

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was uncomfortable to walk anywhere and we needed to use a car for everything. Breakfast finished at 9:00 sharp. This was earlier than advertised. Good for business travel but not for leisure.

Staff were very helpful and friendly. The rooms were spacious and comfy

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool was nearly as hot as a hot tub and not very clean. Wasn't refreshing at all - my kids didn't even want to stay in. My room looked nothing at all like the pictures on the website and I was supposed to be in an "executive" room. Very dated - no updates like the pictures showed.

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The first time a hotel didn't have my reservation in their system, but Booking.com customer service rectified everything with one phone call.

Easy access to the location next to Highway 17. There were various food options within an easy walk and a gas station two minutes away. Even facing directly onto the highway I found the room relatively comfortable and quiet. Noise didn't interfere with sleeping at all.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

First room wasn't clean, beds weren't made yet She gave us keys for another and the keys wouldn't work, walked all the way back and she gave us new keys Fire alarm went off at 7:30am so we all had to vacate in our pajamas All the windows in the building were filthy, just not a very great experience when traveling with an 80 yr old

Rooms clean and comfortable

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

All lamps had been unplugged. Tv remote did not respond to commands. Hairdryer had to be coaxed to function. Bathroom light was finicky.

Bed was comfy. Staff helpful. Good location.

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not so impressed by the stairs to the second level. More difficult for older patrons with heavy luggage.

June 30/July 1 visit- the staff were very helpful especially impressed by the breakfast staff person. She was courteous, organized, friendly and kept things going efficiently. Very impressed.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Had to crawl under desk to plug in coffeemaker. Too many appliances and only 1 outlet for coffeemaker,lamp, computer . Lamps were off on arrival all 3 needed to be plugged into the plug receptacles. Soccer team stayed overnight and kicked or threw ball in hall at intervals till 2-3 am. We were attending a graduation and were very tired the next day. All of the hot breakfast was gone and there was no place to sit for breakfast as soccer team was there before us.

Bed was comfortable and room clean

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I have mistakenly put my comments in the wrong section. Please note that I have provided detailed information in the first section which was actually intended for comments pertaining to "what did you like".

Very dated in appearance. We were travelling with 4 members of our family. My husband and I are in our 50's and I have arthritis in my back. We were given a room on the 2nd floor of the hotel and there is no elevator. The stairs are very steep and it was difficult for me to manage them. The room was overlooking a parking lot in a nearby business. The windows of the hotel room were filthy and there was no privacy because of the location of the window overlooking the entrance of the business next door. There were 4 pillows on the bed which apparently was a queen size, however it certainly seemed smaller, more like a double bed. The pillows were extremely small and square in shape, not like a standard bed pillow at all. The appeared clean at first glance, however the two attachments for the toilet seat were very dirty and required a good scrubbing with a brush. Two of them would make the size of a normal pillow. The breakfast was very limited and poor in preparation. Although the staff were very kind and polite , the scrambled eggs were dry and hard and cold. Extremely unappetizing. We have stayed in Travellodge before in North Bay at the location on Lakeshore and it was wonderful. That location was fully booked which was why we ended up here. My son was graduating from Nipissing University and this was the purpose of our trip, to attend his Convocation ceremony. The front desk staff were very nice and that was the only pleasant part of our stay. I would definitely not stay in this hotel again and I would not recommend it to any of my friends or family.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Deluxe Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The bed and pillows felt lumpy and cheap. We didn't sleep well. Had to wrangle with front desk over receipt. No elevator and steep stairs. Property needs a refurb and we've paid far less for far more. So not good value for money. The breakfast and room staff were trying hard, but front desk seemed poorly trained.

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Initially, I found a dirty Kleenex in the bathroom as well as the tub wasn't overly clean, but I mentioned it to the manager and it was dealt with promptly and the rest of the week things appeared to be cleaned well. The channel selection for tv was horrible, there was minimal channnels available to choose from. It was a bit dated. I had to pay for water provided in the room, that should really be included. I have stayed at many other hotels where this is provided free of charge There could be a bit more of a selection for the breakfast and the times could be a little more accomodating to their guests.

The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The bed was comfy. There was a fridge and microwave.

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The Staff at reception were not polite or helpful during our stay. On the first day we arrived at the hotel and had just just proceeded to take our suitcases from the car when a staff member rushed out the main doors and shouted at us that we could not check in till after 3.pm. We were shocked at this reception after a long drive.This is how we were welcomed to Travelodge Airport North Bay

Near Wacky wings, good restaurantSta

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

the staff was nice, affordable price for the weekend stay. Accommodating to our noisy hockey team! Location was fitting lots around to do. We will be back for next years tournament 😊

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Smoking

Left a night early due to stains on the carpet,holes in the blinds,undetectable odour,an sleds passing right outside my patio doors the whole time. Not a pleasant stay at all.

Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

our heater in our room did not work so it was incredibly cold and when we told the front desk they said they would look into it when they did we had heat for a few minutes and then it went back to cool air that never turned off all night, the bathroom was quite dirty on the floor.

The front desk staff were very friendly and told us some great things to check out. the beds were clean. The pool was clean and the kids had so much fun swimming.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was awful, desk clerk was slow but in morning she was better, found out was different prices for up and down floors had to pay for a water in the room. Pool was cold not able to swim, hot tub was drained. The door to room so light u hear everything so very noisy.I can go on and on.

Just the room, the room was clean

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The receptionist....everything is complicated at front desk since my room was pre-paid with booking.com. Would not give me a copy of the reservation. No printer...no business center. The breakfast was below hotel standards.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Recreation room &/or fitness room would be nice to have. I really couldn't find anything to complain about.

Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was nice. Not too much, just enough choices.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I asked for a late late checkout and housekeeping keep knocking on the door to clean the room.

Desk manager upon check in was wonderful at solving a room issue I had!

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Front desk lady was not very pleasant or accommodating. The plaster in our room was falling off of the ceiling (water damaged and not fixed). Breakfast area VERY small. Breakfast "keepers" were angry about something (I guess). No accessible plugs for charging anything (phone, computer). A small point, even though we stayed on a holiday Monday, they kept workday hours for their breakfast area (7-9, rather than (7-10 on weekends).

The sausage for breakfast was nice.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms are in need of upgrading. Had to change rooms because the air conditioning wasn't working. No visible plug ins to charge cell phone and tablets. The GFI in the bathroom did not work. From second floor, have to walk down a very long hallway to front desk, down the stairs, to get ice.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Smoking

The staff need to learn about customer service. For one smiles are free. Not one person I met smiled even during our conversations. I inquired about checking in early and although the room was ready was told we don't checking till 2pm. So.I was forced to goto my event out of town only to have to check in when I returned at 9pm.

I didn't stay for breakfast. I was there to sleep for a couple hours and was out.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Smoking

Beds were from 1960. I didn't realize there was smoking rooms and booked one, and had to stay in it cause there was nothing else.I would never have thought there was smoking rooms in this day. Gross Bathrooms were nasty.. had bugs everywhere. Hallways were filthy. The pool was so dirty I wouldn't let my dog go in it. Overall thought it was grossest place I've ever stayed in my life. I paid 160 for that. I could have stayed somewhere clean for that price.

Nothing really. I found it gross. Had bugs in the bathroom. Yuck.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

It was difficult to find and seemed over priced for the quality of the hotel. The hallways appeared dirty and often I found the doors propped open with ashtrays. Did not seem like a secure building.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Air conditioning kept freezing up , had to get up most of the night and shut it off and on so it would work again ! The first room had no AC so we changed rooms

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We rented this specific one because we needed a pool (we both have chronic pain/disabilities) and the first night the pool was so cold we complained to deaf ears.We also never went back to the pool and left the Sunday morning earlier than expected. Also, I was told that when you book on booking.com you are reserving a 2nd floor room and for $10 more each night we could have a main flor room with drive up patio door. I was very upset because my friend and I are unable to climb stairs and told them if you are charging disabled people more money that we would go somewhere else. They agreed to it this time but was very upset with this incident as well.

The room was large and very nicely done, comfy bed and great clean bright bathroom.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• Deluxe Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Kitchen could of been bigger for a bigger hotel , very crowded. Pillows too small.

Waffles good, bed nice and big . Good place to stay . Service good for cleaning .

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My husband was not impressed with the "hot breakfast." I did not have breakfast, so I can't comment.

This hotel was perfect for what we needed. It was easy to find, and an easy drive to get to the places we wanted to go. It was clean, and the air conditioner worked very well! The front desk staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Place is dated and needs improvement. Too expensive for quality of facility.

Staff was friendly and location was adequate. Breakfast staff was excellent.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

A/C could have worked better. We reserved for 4 people yet only recieved towels for 2.

We found the beds comfortable. Room was very clean. Breakfast was great.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The only problem I had was there was a smell to the room. Don't know what it was but found it bothered us, like someone smoked in it or once was a smoking room.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Light bulbs were burnt out, our room was not cleaned the first nite so therefore no clean towels, walls are very thin, advertised hot breakfast and the only hot thing was waffles made on your own.

The beds were quite comfy.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't think it was fair to have to pay 10 dollars more to have a room on the main floor Especially since the pool was not available.

The morn Imanager was helpful in setting up my account for the savings on my next stay

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Pool under maintenance, front desk staff and breakfast lady were sour; poor breakfast facility, our coffee machine doesn't work, no screen in windows

Accommodated us when the pool was under maintenance. 10% off wacky wings

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Very dated, hall ways we're not kept well,

Breakfeast and pool

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Can't think of anything really.

We had a good stay. Exactly what we expected.

• Queen Room - Smoking

I enjoyed the breakfast service very much!

Hot tub not working

Na

It was friendly and clean

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Maybe not charged me twice and would the hot tub been working we might of extended our stay

Location was great close to hockey arena

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was comfortable and cozy

Bed was comfortable and clean. Shower was old and need of a good cleaning, shower head was not great

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Our mini fridge in the room smelled very bad and it froze all of our food.

The staff was amazing!!!!!!! Very helpful and so kind :)

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

No elevator ☹️. Room could have been cleaner. The nightstands, desk etc were dusty and some cobwebs in the room.

location was good.

Price was a little high

Close to tbe hwy

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool and hot tub were not in working order. Wish I knew before I booked.

Pool was very cold

Clean

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool and hottub were too cold.

The beds were really comfortable/

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Nice accommodations and Good breakfast!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Pool was cold and hot tub down

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The beds were hard like rock and the location is a little sketchy.

The staff was friendly, breakfast was amazing.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Some mold on caulking around shower

Was close to my meeting

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Sofa bed should be replaced or repaired. Doors should be looked at, repaired or changed.

Quiet-- breakfast staff