Reviews of Travelodge by Wyndham Ottawa East 3 stars

1486 Innes Road, K1B 3V5 Ottawa, Canada

#48 of 56 hotels in Ottawa

• Quadruple Room

Door card entrance keys did not work even after the staff reloaded four sets of cards; forcing the staff to have to let us into our room seven times over three days. There was a broken security bar.

• Quadruple Room

We didnt like the smell in our room. It smelled like men's work socks. And address on the sign st the road to see if we were at the right hotel.

All staff were very accomadating and fast.

• Quadruple Room

The staff was very unprofessionnal and cancel my stay and send a confirmation at the same time looks like they did not know what they are doing. Their room tv very easy to order movies as they do not ask to confirm and add info whixh is very easy for kids to play . My son who is 5 years order the same movie 3 times and I had to dispute that yhe stuff couldn nt make any decision asking me to wait for manager who was suppised to be back tuesday. The hotel anf my stay was very stressful.

The location was ok as easy access to hwy.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything was old but clean and satisfactory. Good water pressure, comfy bed, clean fridge, etc. Would definitely stay again. Bus routes nearby. They charged $50 to my credit account upon arrival, but refunded it a few days after my stay.

• King Room- Non-Smoking

the room require some repairs and new windows. the air was quite stuffy.

there was no problem with my midnight arrival and the water pressure was good in the shower.

• Quadruple Room

I felt that the pictures on the website must have been taken a long time ago, The rooms were tired and run down.

The location was good and close to all amenities.

• Quadruple Room

Only two exits at the front. No side door exit except for emergency. Had to walk all the way down to go out . Room was a bit small for four people.

I like the stores being close by. The trampoline park was not far.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Wasn't the cleanest especially the bathroom. Two hands toilet paper dispenser. Grab an extra $50.00 and you don't find out till you go to pay. Then it takes a week for the money to come back. Non disclosure is not customer relations positive.

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Room suffocatingly hot upon arrival - took a while to get it to a comfortable temp Hair dryer did not work - catastrophic ;( thank goodness I had my own

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very small room, too much space is occupied by an unnecessary chair and a writing table, a narrow passage between the bed and the TV stand, the ceiling in the bathroom was covered with a fungus. View from the window to a gas station. The pool is much smaller in real life than in the photo. It was clean only in the places where it is most visible. Quality / price - doesn’t match! Looking more like a Motel than the Hotel 3*!

Friendly staff, free wifi, clean bedding sheets.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel is a bit dated.. but for a good price it's a good deal.. the pool was closed which was one reason why i booked and had to change rooms because of a problem with a smell but staff was on the ball.. and fixed it but i do believe it was a bit of a downgrade.. but 2nd room was good and quiet

The location is near to shopping highway and restaurant..staff was very pleasant

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No breakfast as the hotel doesn't have the facilities for it. Hot tub would be nice. The mattresses are a bit too hard as well.

The hotel staff were super friendly. The location was right off the 417 so easy to get to. There are several places to eat right around the hotel including a restaurant right in the same parking lot.

• Quadruple Room

The kids wanted to swim and went to the pool, first time it was being cleaned, second time they went, they were allowed in, but it was freezing cold. This may be fine in the height of Summer, but definitely a no-no in Winter. Stingy with the Shampoo and Conditioner, we had four people in each room. I suppose if we had asked for it, we would have received more, but there is a Costco next door to the Hotel so we went there and bought what we needed for our stay.

Staff were excellent. Very helpful. The rooms were clean, TV had decent channels, WiFi available and it was used. Overall a comfortable stay.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very loud guests. Being so close to the restaurant, you get a lot of drunks. Very hard to fall asleep with people shouting in the hallways and parking lot.

Great location just outside of Ottawa. Right off the highway making it easily accessible.

• Quadruple Room

The staff was terrible! Cribs were old and broken, did not have 1 that worked. Noise level was ridiculous. Pool was shut down for cleaning the whole stay! Deposit not refunded. Gave a room out with someone already in it.

The location.

See above

I didn’t like anything really,the pool was out of service,the room was very cramped and the bed was very uncomfortable and the price was very expensive for the room you get.We will never stay here again.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The pool was closed for our stay and also there was the party room next to ours and the people ware vary loud the room appeared larger in the pictures on the site but was not a bad hotel to stay at for two days

Staff was friendly and helpful when needed

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was way too small. They had the smallest pillows and they were lumpy and awful. We had to request regular size pillows but they only had one. Eventually they fix that. But the worst thing is we went there because that was supposed to be a saltwater pool and they didn't have it operating. They claimed that they told everybody including booking.com

The bed was comfortable and it was clean.

• Quadruple Room

I had no idea that the pool was closed until i arrived. I booked on booking.com and it did not give me that info. I had very sad little kids when I arrived as that was the only reason we stayed there. I had called the hotel directly Saturday morning to confirm my reservation and they didn't let me know on the phone either . this was my first and last time using booking.com and my last time staying at this hotel. Also, they do not allow ypu to use cots in the rooms

Staff were very firendly

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our bathroom was dirty The carpets looked so old Room was very tiny

The carpets are old in the halls and the unit Very small pool compare to the pictures Rooms look more a motel than a hotel Bed is comfortable though

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The rooms were very small, not the cleanest and in what I would call disrepair. Patches on the wall, the bath tub tap was loose. I wouldn't stay there again!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There wasn't anything that we did not like.

My brother and I appreciated that there was a super bar/restaurant a few yards away from the Travelodge that had a super selection of different meals to choose from.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Closer to Downtown but then again I knew that when I booked the room.

Bed was comfortable and for the purposes we were using the room to sleep excellent.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was lots of noise from the hallway and from the outside (it's right next to a major highway). Heating system was a little ancient, and overall this hotel looks tired.

It was good value for money - clean and comfortable, easy access from the main highway, and a short drive to the people we were visiting in Ottawa East.

• Quadruple Room

The coming and goings at such a late hour 1 am to 3 ish doors slamming ,wake my dogs Man striping down to underwear when I was in pool with my daughter , pool water on cool side

I like it had extra pillows and blankets ,

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Dirty comforter proven by my portable blacklighf, build up on shower head, no continental breakfast, pool wasn’t heated, very difficult to find had to drive thru gas station to get to property, sign dimly lit I could go but will likely fall on deaf ears

• Quadruple Room

The hotel had no power as a transformer was being replaced and we where not told ahead of time as a result no power for hours and the pool was no usable was told be able to use once power was restord and still was not opend after wards the whole reason we booked there in the first place was the pool

Parking

• Quadruple Room

Bed was hard. Room keys didn't work - three times. System was down and couldn't get a receipt. Didn't feel very clean or well kept. Entrance/parking was difficult to find.

• King Room- Non-Smoking

The room was old and outdated, we could tell it used to be a smoking room. The bathroom was old and grout and floor needed to be updated. There was no extra blankets, the lamp shades, furniture and walls had stains. It smelled musty.

The staff were wonderful, very friendly!!

• Quadruple Room

The room was very small and it had dirty curtains and walls. There was toothpaste splatters on the bathroom wall beside the sink, there was a gross substance on the room wall and the a/c unit was full of dust and mold.

The hotel was easy to find and the staff was very nice. The main areas of the hotel were nice and clean.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There were no blackout blinds or curtains on our window (rm 302) so the street lights lit up the room all night. I had to pile pillows on the side of the bed to block out the light.

The cost is reasonable. The staff were all very friendly and helpful.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't link the quality of the room. Bed not comfortable, up to the pillows...!! Some regional manager should visit this hotel and spend the night there. The bath tub is clogged, water doesn't run....

The Hotel quality is below standards : The beds are not comfortable, there is no breakfast.

• Quadruple Room

The bathtub, even though cleaned was old and dingy with mildew. The grout in the bathtub tiles needed to be scrubbed or changed. The room was cramped for 4 people. We made the most of it as it was for only 1 night as we had to attend a function and we stayed out most of the day.

The location was good. The hotel was close to stores and McDonald. The parking was convenient. The staff was very helpful. The room and the linens although not new were clean.

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Lobby has a weird smell, had to kill a very large insect in the room. Only stayed here because all hotels in area were booked and we needed a place to sleep

The bed was surprisingly comfortable

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Noisy partiers late into the night, and we think our room had bedbugs. My partner and I discovered many bites on our bodies after we got home.

Reasonable price, convenient location.

n/a

Very good location only if you have a car. Easy access to highway 417 and close to downtown (via driving). There are several restaurants and stores within 1 km / walking....as the hotel is located on a very busy road but set way back (and very quiet in the room). Esso with a Tim's next door ! Front desk staff were VERY all professional and the pool LOOKED really nice - however, I did not have time to try it. We did not try the adjoining restaurant.

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Everything was fine. A bit more expensive than our other stays on this trip but realize the closer to Ottawa the higher the price and this location worked out great for us.

There were several great restaurants within walking distance. Easy to get on highway and not far from downtown Ottawa. Malls handy. The motel was nice and comfortable as well. Staff friendly.

• Quadruple Room

Group young kids noisy till late 1am even when asked staff asked sort out still carried on but after telling them myself they soon stopped

Staff were polite and friendly

Although clean, the room and surroundings were worn and tired looking. The picnic tables available for use were about to fall apart.

We enjoyed having a fridge available for use.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We liked the fact that there was an excellent restaurant right across from the hotel. We didn't even have to cross a road. It was adjacent to the hotel.

• King Room- Non-Smoking

paying -i usually pay cash , wasn't even given opportunity too -plus the extra $50 deposit , which your not told about , but don't have a choice --not happy , won't stay again

bed was good

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Elevator sketchy, rooms dated and bathroom fan very loud. AC units very cheap and loud in the room. Not sure how they expect people to sleep well without earplugs, which I recommend.

Breakfast at the restaurant across from lobby is included and good. Staff very good. Easy to get too, price good. Rooms clean.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The towels were fluffy - that all I can say - the photos can speak for themselves Spiders (8), earwigs (6), fecal matter on the drapes, blood on the curtains, 18"x18" square pillows on the bed, lamp shades filthy and scorched. Air conditioner approximately 10" from the floor behind a wing back chair is not effective to cool down the room

The towels were fluffy - yes that was the best part....seriously

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The furniture in reception area looked shabby and filthy. This carried on in the bedroom too and dust everywhere. Black mould inbetween the tiles all around the bathtub. Also really dusty/dirty air con unit- I became ill - sore throat etc so stopped using it. I've never stayed in such a poor example of a Travel lodge.

The linen/towels were clean.

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Dirty feel to the place, gum stuck to floors and furniture in lobby. Arrived late (after11pm) and wanted to check email but couldn't find password so pressed front desk button but other guest room answered. Woke up another guest! He was pleasant and had the password but I felt terrible.

Place got my wife motivated to leave early and start our day

• Quadruple Room

Worst hotel ive ever stayed in there was a hole in the wall above my daughters bed will never stay there again and will never recommend it to anyone

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The check-in clerk seemed disinterested. The room was small. The power bar where the alarm clock & lamps were was turned off. My husband had to turn it on. Our fridge had a nasty smell to it, along with dead bugs in the fridge as well. Was ok for 1 night stay, but I won't stay here again.

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

One of the outlets in the room didn't work.

Friendly staff. Comfy bed. Very close to restaurants and shopping. Great location right off the highway

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It is quite far from central ottawa if you are looking to do the tourist stuff but located just off the highway; so a convenient stay if you are just passing through ottawa.

restaurant/bar on property was excellent, room was good value for money had everything we needed in it.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I have stayed here during previous business trips. It is a nice clean facility that is located close to where I worked and also close to many restaurants, stores, etc.

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Room was very small. While the room appeared to be clean the carpets and upholstery were very stained. Furnishings dated.

Front desk staff very friendly

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

AC was very noisy, no excuse to have these cheap and loud AC units at this type of hotel - very hard to sleep. Fan in bathroom was very noisy. Shower was ok but not great.

Front desk staff. Room was clean. Good place to eat right next door. Not high class but good comfort food.

• Quadruple Room

The first room we went into smelled like mould and I asked for an alternate room which they obliged. It was better. The elevator was old and seemed unpredictable that my teenage daughters were afraid to take it. We couldn't find a restaurant near by.

Beds were excellent.

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Some doors are very noisy when people dont hold them when closing There was a young man in the room next to mine kept going in and out without holding the door. It was VERY annoying Besides that everithing was perfect

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bed was a little too firm for my liking, but everything was very clean and proper.

Restaurant is in on property...separate. Parking is good for trucks or long trailers or RV's Food was very good.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Air conditioner was ridiculously loud, morning staff at the desk was very rude each time we went to her. Our key card wouldn't work, we had to get it fixed 3 times.

The night time staff was always really helpful and kind.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room we got was a little small. Wished I had a better deal.

Staff was nice. Hotel was clean. Location was good, close to downtown. There's Costco, Tim Hortons, gas station and more stores around. It was convenient.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast not included but awesome restaurant on the property.

Check in was great. Amir was very courteous and friendly. Nice pool. Nice restaurant on the hotel grounds. Huge portions and cheap.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The rooms were smaller than expected. The AC was provided via window units and one of our room's AC didn't work. The management did switch out rooms.

The staff was friendly and the inside pool was a plus.

• Quadruple Room

A light breakfast included would have been nice.

It was verh easy to find. The staff went out of their way to suggest fun places to go, how to get there and where to eat.They were friendly,professional and polite. They included our 12 year old in all conversations, which to us is important that everyone feels welcome☺

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Room was small. Only room for one armchair. Handicapped washroom ordered .... not available . Extra charges from city not identified in initial room rate. Pool towels too small .

Could use a little TLC in the rooms. Carpets in the rooms are tired and need cleaning. The rooms are showing their age but otherwise OK

Great location with plenty of free parking. Pool was a hit too...

Great location and really nice front desk staff. Easy parking. Pool is a plus

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Aside from occasional noise coming from the adjoining bar and restaurant, this was a fantastic place to stay.

Convenient and easy to find. Room was comfortable, near many stores and restaurants. Also a short cab ride to the Parliament buildings - and a nice hike as well. Also pet friendly!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

In my room the bathroom electrical was not working. To the back park of parking/backyard there was no Handicap button available to support free door opening. The elevators seem to be slow/lightly delayed; however, still was functioning to each floor.

The staff was very friendly and supportive to whatever questions or needs I had at my stay. I also liked that there was an ash tray outside for people who enjoy a smoke. Free parking and the location of it was helpful.

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Got stuck in the elevator, but only for a short time. The pool was great but a bit dirty.

The staff were amazing. There was a bunch of teenagers in the hallway making a huge ruckus as we were trying to sleep, went down spoke to reception and by the time I went back up the kids had disperced. Also after being stuck in elevator they gave us a 50 dollar gift card for dinner. It was 35 dollars for the taxi. But overall a good value for the money.

• Quadruple Room

The pool was down for the first day, my son was disappointed he couldn't swim. One of the reasons we look for a hotel is the pool, so it was disappointing.

The environment was clean and welcoming.

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It was a little noisy with large fans blowing in the hallway throughout the day and night.

The staff at the front desk were very friendly and approachable.

• King Room- Non-Smoking

The hotel feels so old. There was a fan constantly working next to our room in the hallway. Didn't bother me but still. The A/C in the room was very loud though. That did bother me!

Hotel is located conveniently. Staff is nice.

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It should be time to remove the carpets in the rooms. Wooden floors would be lot better. Change windows or do something so we can open them easily. Refresh the walls with a brighter color.

• Quadruple Room

Plumbing fixture in the shower was loose but fully functional , tub mat could be removed or replaced..

Nice friendly staff, close to downtown, clean neat and tidy room.

• King Room- Non-Smoking

- Air conditioning did not work in our room. - Door handle on our door poor shape. Didn't work 1/2 the time. - do not disturb sign on door and maid still came in our room while we were sleeping. - too much $$ for what we had - room way too small

Pool

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was given a room that smelled very bad because of smoking. They gave me another room that was ok. The restaurant next door is very bad and overpriced. They need to overhaul the restaurant. I preferred to go to nearby Costco food court.

• King Room- Non-Smoking

The room was quite small for the cost. Although it was a non smoking room, you could smell that it once was. Also the air conditioner in the room quite noisy adding to the fact that the curtains did not stop the light from coming in the room at night.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The sheets had holes in them, the plug provided for the tub was the wrong size and the towels were smaller than the standard size you normally get in a motel.

I had very little that I liked about this place. I thought it nice that they had a washer and dryer for travelers to use.