Reviews of Travelodge by Wyndham Vancouver Airport 2 stars

3071 St. Edwards Drive, V6X 3K4 Richmond, Canada

#22 of 24 hotels in Richmond

6.2

Air conditioner didn’t work.

Air conditioner didn’t work. They didn’t have another room available for us. It was hot and humid in the room. We hardly slept. When we checked out, the front desk didn’t give us any compensation .

Will NOT return. Buyers REMORSE.

For almost 300$ Canadian (for a less than 24hr stay), the room was incredibly small. Coffee/tea unit was in the bathroom. Internet was AWFUL. The TV was a piece of junk and space wasn't exactly clean. I inquired about the poor internet connection and they said they would look into it and have someone call me. Never happened. The staff lacked personality and didn't seem to care if we were there or not. Also, the "gym" was a room the size of a bathroom with 2 pieces of cardio equipment - no weights. Breakfast was A JOKE.

The pool was decent. Kinda.

The parking and the location is great.

There was a couple of requests made... a plastic bag... more shampoo and conditioner and cream which was unavailable. We found one front desk agent to be rude and abrupt.

The parking and the location is great. Rooms are clean but for the price could be updated. We didn't have breakfast.

Location~location~location.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Location~location~location. Easy access to airport, restaurant just behind hotel, nice shopping points. We have stayed here several times and will continue to as needed.

Disappointed

The rooms were not cleaned, the lamp by the bed had dust bunnies. The bedsheet had stains. Housekeeping was horrible. Waited for 15 mins for coffee in the morning at breakfast. Disorganized and snotty staff at breakfast. Housekeeping opened our room door at 8:30am, without consent. Lobby bathroom was dirty for 2 days.

The night staff was friendly. That's about all.

Overall, not bad.

Reception desk was understaffed at times and some staff were not very forthcoming or communicative. Both mornings we were there, we had to ask for tables to be cleared and wiped down.

Overall, not bad. Was concerned about what to expect having read some reviews.

I thought it was adequate but overpriced for the age of the hotel and the condition.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was poor. The tables were sticky and not cleaned. The choice of food for breakfast was very poor. For older people or people with health problems it was nothing but carbs and sugar. No protein choice. eg. hard boiled eggs, yogurt, no healthy grains. My receipt said queen sized bed and it wasn't.

The shuttle service was good. The desk attendants were pleasant.

Poor lodging but close to airport...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The confusion about smoking/non smoking room. The absence of a bar or café in the hotel (they send you to Moxies, in front). The air-conditioning in the room, that heats and does not cool (whatever you try). But the top of it all was the poorest breakfast I had in my life (since I was a student…)!

The distance to the international airport and the very sympathetic driver of the airport shuttle.

very dispoint it.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

check in staff is nice. we stand in line for check in but another group come in and cut in front us and talked to the front desk lady for check in and they just do the service for them first instead of people waiting in line. In the morning, we come down for breakfast but there is not a breakfast at all. All they have are coffee and a toast. Hotel had a smell when you step in, when we get up to the room, the room had a very bad bad smell that make me want to throw up. This is the worst hotel on this trip for us. My kids said they do not want to go back to this hotel anymore.

cleaning staff is very nice.

Room ok, forget the so called breakfast.
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The continental breakfast was terrible. No protein, was expecting at least boiled eggs and peanut butter. No whole wheat bread. Some days no butter or jam. Typical meal for a locals trip in China.

Good location, comfortable room, maid on 11th floor very nice.

Ok for one night near airport
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Queen size bed, bit old, breakfast included but very basic

Near the airport, free parking, restaurant within walking distance, refrigerator in room, staff is nice

Not again

Your joking

Rooms were very rundown. Horrible feeling getting into a bed after 30 hours of travel and seriously questioning whether the linen was clean.Travelodge should be embarrassed to have their name associated. Breakfast comprised of either rice bubbles or corn flakes in polystyrene containers in a filthy ,,dilapidated restaurant. Makes me very wary of ever booking accommodation online again

Location close to airport and shuttle service.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room 207: the fridge woke me several times, with the sound of running and dripping water. It was completely empty so did not need to be on. The bedside light does not give enough light to read by.

Location close to airport and shuttle service.

The location to where I needed to be was extremely...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The staff were incredibly rude while we stayed. Our room was dirty and dated. The wifi didn’t work the entire time we stayed there and they didn’t add my wyndham points on. I called back a few days later and was treated awfully by a girl who sounded like I just disturbed her nap. 😕. I asked politely to talk to her manager when she refused and hung up on me. She answered the phone by saying wha! I was completely flabbergasted. In my 18 years of travel for work and leisure, I have never been treated so poorly.

The location to where I needed to be was extremely convenient.

Will definitely not stay there again!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The room wasn’t clean enough and had a bad odour in the sheets and douvet! Also there were so many ants on the carpet!

I liked it cause it was close to a highway and airport

We stayed 1 night on our way from yvr to Vancouver Island - you could not pay me to stay here again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Airport shuttle service took ages to arrive. Arrival check in was slow. The property has not been updated in the last 25 years and rooms were very tired and dated. Our non smoking room smelt of cigarette smoke. Air con unit was really noisy. In short the room was basic and 'breakfast' was pathetic. I would not recommend staying here - pay more and stay somewhere nicer! Despite prepaying online the hotel took a holding deposit of $50 for incidentals - this was refunded but given the standard of the hotel this was a bit of a joke.

We chose the hotel based on cost, one of the less expensive, and with a shuttle service.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The taps in the bathroom both leaked when being used. The breakfast was a bare minimum.

The ;bed was comfortable and was what we needed after 12 hours in a plane. Left my bag on the shuttle but with a call it was returned well before I boarded my next flight. Much appreciated.

Good thing it’s only a one night stay.

Check in took about 40 minutes. The front desk clerk was completely frazzled...dropping things...mumbling under her breath. While we stood in line waiting the phone rang non stop without being answered. Had to return to the front desk twice because my room keys hadn’t been programmed (as were other guests). Hotel is very dated. Was woken at 6am to the constant slamming of doors and loud conversation by housekeeping staff. Thin blankets on the bed. No additional pillows or blankets. Gross long hairs on “clean” towels and in sink of bathroom.

Convenient location. Room was generally clean.

not worth for what i paid,

I didn't like the breakfast, nothing to eating, shower tub doesn't has shower curtain, pillow smell bad, very old carpet. the room smell too.

nothing I like,

Served my needs and the room rate was very competitive.
    • Business Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel is very dated and could use some updating. The breakfast included with the room rate was very basic and could be improved. There was no full service restaurant. However, there were eateries close by.

Hotel is very basic, but served my needs. Staff was friendly and location was very central to both airport and Vancouver. Easy access to Vancouver and the room rates were good.

It was comfortable and well set out

The breakfast arrangement. The cereal bottle was empty and there was no butter - I didn't like all the plastic cutlery, paper plates etc

The room was well set out and very cofortable

Not a good idea. Location was the only good thing
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was not very clean. It smelled of insect repellent, the breakfast was a laugh. The light over the desk was burned out. The desk chair was broken. Not Good. Will NOT be back. The scent of insect repellent made me very nervous.

The shuttle ride was very pleasant.

TEAR IT DOWN!!!!!
    • Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Entire stay was depressing.

Leaving was the best part of the stay Lights don't work, card access has to be replaced three times, over all property needs significant dollars spent to bring it to an acceptable level.

Paid too much for little

Overpaid high price Breakfast only coffee and toast....no healthy choices Internet not working well.....tried to contact front desk no answer Check out took too long

Shuttle from airport

Tired property - needs major overhaul

Wifi didn’t work in room, tv didn’t work, bed needs replacing, toilet didn’t flush sufficiently, carpets filthy, front desk agent didn’t really seem concerned about all our problems.

The housekeepers were lovely

The hotel was smelly and dirty, even the bedspreads had...

Almost eveything about the stay.

The hotel was smelly and dirty, even the bedspreads had holes in them. The T>V channels were limited,the continental breakfast was very poor quality and messy.

Great location and clean. The hotel needs to be updated and would then be a great base to stay.
    • Business Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was very basic and as the restaurant was totally closed down the room had a musty smell. The pool had no shower or changing room so you had to go back to your room through the hotel dripping wet. The wifi was very poor and kept dropping out. Apparently they are aware of this and a new system is being installed. Because of the wifi not working, it cost me over £25 to keep in touch with my family back home and in Vancouver. Due to the wifi issue my wife had to call me on the hotel phone and that line constantly crackled while using it.

The hotel was clean and comfortable. All the staff were polite and helpful.

Very unsatisfactory!
    • Queen Room - Smoking

I was not given the "Senior Rate" because I had booked on line . There were ants crawling all over my table when I tried to have the continental breakfast. The dining room smelled musty and moldy.

Property needs updating
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Free breakfast was a understatement and more of a joke.The tables were filthy the room really needs to be cleaned and supervised. We usually book hotels with breakfast included to save us time in the morning. We don’t expect gourmet but at least a variety of different foods and enough for everyone. Bed had a broken spring leaving a dented whole.

Close to places. Front desk was friendly and helpful.

Overpriced to small worse breakfast ever & the point of...
    • Deluxe Business Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Overpriced to small worse breakfast ever & the point of being charged before you even use the room is beyond my belief so disappointed for over $200 very poor value for the money 😞 & the ants in the breakfast area was that a bonus

Staff at desk was courteous and efficient.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The shuttle bus didn’t show up st promised time even after several calls. My group and several other guests waited 45 - 1 hour. We finally got here on our own and was told this is not group. Secondly the place smelled sour and old.

Staff at desk was courteous and efficient. Beds were comfortable.

it's a hotel with a bed to sleep in

Checked in late at night along with many other guests,,crying babies, tired travelers We all waited a fair while only one clerk served us and the other just sat there,, He was a cash only clerk,, seriously???? Step up and get your paying customers settled in as quick as possible,, would love to have seen even a small free breakfast in the early morning

Bed were comfy and only a small deposit on the room,,$50 instead of $250 like many other hotels

Wouldn’t stay there again.

We had to pay $70 for parking for the week and we stayed both nights on either end of our vacation Staff were slow Shuttle was very behind

The beds were comfy and they had a free shuttle

Basic economy hotel but has a pool and gym facility.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Basic economy hotel but has a pool and gym facility. Comfortable beds and free airport shuttle. 15 minutes walk to the skytrain, or you can take the free airport shuttle back to the airport and get on the skytrain from there

It was horrible. The facilities were dirty with an odour throughout the building. The staff were extremely rude and and unpleasant to deal with. I would not recommend this to anyone.

• Queen Room - Smoking

They have technique issues when I checked in, but that is OK. What I can’t tolerate is their attitude to their customers and I doubted they can talk with their customers with respect and courtesy. They charged me wrong rate and even appear impatient when I asked the shuttle bus information. I also witnessed that they didn’t reserve the right room for other customers and didn’t apologize and also charged the same rate ! The WiFi sucks and there might be bedding bugs so I don’t really feel comfortable sleeping all night. I was their regular customer before and I will definitely not make them them my choice again.

The front desk lady and the cleaning staff are friendly and nice, and are doing a good job helping their customers.

a nice and comfortable stay
    • Queen Room - Smoking

I didn't like the small variety on offer for breakfast. not enough fruit or cereals.

the bed was extremely comfy. staff were very nice and helpful.

It's a bit dingy and still expensive. Otherwise acceptable. Poor shuttle service.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The airport shuttle is not operating as advertised. The shuttle does not come very 30 minutes, but only every hour and that after several phone calls. Front desk staff tried to deflect by saying that this is beyond their control because they contract the service out. This is irrelevant as they offer the service on their website. No reaction on a complaint. I had the same issue earlier this year at Quality Inn.

we were happy with the staff arranging transportation at 3 am
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was charged an additional fee of $37 with out any notification, I should have been reimbursed for the exchange rate not charged additionally for using American currency. The shuttle to the airport was not available for our flight time so we also had to pay additionally

Closeness to the airport and helpful friendly staff

The location is very good for taking a walk and the airport shuttle are the features we appreciate.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The breakfast was the only downfall.

The breakfast was a bit lacking. I like a high fibre cereal or eggs in the morning. I am a senior and my diet is one thing I must keep an eye on. High calorie muffins and danish for example are no good for me.

Not worth the amount of money you spend.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Expensive for what you actually get. I’ve stayed here a few times and it keeps getting worse. The “gym” is a treadmill and elyptical. The “complimentary breakfast “ is cereal and cheap bread. The room gives you bad shampoo and soap. Twice there wasn’t even coffee in the room. The glasses weren’t clean and the room had a stale door. Won’t be booking a room here again.

Lots of parking

Unclean and in serious need of a renovation.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The mold in the shower and across the ceiling. T-bar ceiling in a bathroom is not a good idea. Stains on the pillow case. Cigarette burns on the comforter.

So convient for early flights ,shuttle service to and from airport,,cheap and cheery😃
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel has had better days,looks like it was fancy maybe 10 yrs ago,restaurant just for breakie😬We walked to busy Costco 😫The pool was ok but hot tub need to be serviced.the rooms were clean but dated and fridge was small .i couldn't confirm my flight w/Hong Kong air but the front desk offered to print my tickets out if I emailed them.Dark hallways and old elevator.

hotel was okay service sucked
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

the shuttle driver never got out of his seat I had to pack my luggage on and off from the airport and back to the airport he was more interested in his cell phone I kinda thought that was illegal the check in staff were clueless

the room was comfy

Hotel from he'll
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Absolutely everything worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Infested with ants super dirty burn holes in the bed staff were rude disrespectful and even entered my room when I told them I wasn't dressed DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

That it allowed pets

We were satisfied
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The heat was a bit slow to respond

The bed was comfortable,big and lots of pillows , along with a large room ,with chairs and plugins for charging your equipment ,bathroom was all so clean in good working order

Mold was in the bathroom and around windows.

MOLD.............

Mold was in the bathroom and around windows. Manager tried to pretend he wasn't the manager......elevator was not functioning properly.

The bed was comfortable.

At checkin, they tried to charge me $189 instread of the $149 rate in my reservation. Thankfully i had a copy of my printed reservation to show them as they argued they would never give a rate of $149. The manager even came over and told me his staff was correct on the $189 rate. Finally got the $149 rate after i showed them my booking.com reservation. There were 5 other people who were trying to check in at the same time and there were problems with their reservations (apparently booked via the Travelodge web sites). The way these people were being treated by the staff was awful. I don’t know what the actual problems were but no one deserves to be treated like that. The folks trying to checkin were polite but firm and respectful but were being treated horribly.

The bed was comfortable.

The price of the room was reasonable, but I would not pay more than $100 a night for it, which was o
    • Room Selected at Check-In

There was crumbs on the bed cover, as if someone would have eaten on tbe bed before our arrival... The two nights we spent there, we heard very loud steps very late at night and we were on the 11th floor and there was no 12th floor.

Continental breakfast was included with the room.

Terrible.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

One desk guy upon arrival for 20 guests. Overbooked rooms, we didn't have the room. 1 king bed for family of 4. Put into room that smelled like cigarette smoke, masked by cheap cologne. Got a cot over an hour after check in... Got to sleep for 4 hours before our international flight. Boo.

The manager was friendly, trying to fix the massive error in our stay.

The ladies looking after the rooms did a great job and they made the stay comfortable.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The building and common areas looked like they have been through a war. Everything from carpets to walls looked worn out, and like nothing had been done to maintain the property.

The room had a fridge. This was great, it allowed me to buy and hold food that I wanted during my stay.

Probably good for the price I paid!
    • Room Selected at Check-In

I was cold at night the sheet was very thin/warn and the coverlet equally thin and there wasn't an extra blanket in the room The breakfast was not quite what I had imagined. I thought there would at least be larger pastries!

The room size was large and the bathroom clean.

Good location but well past it’s prime
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Dirty, no restaurant, faculty was worn and felt like it was in survival mode. Breakfast was a joke. Coffee empty, no milk for cereal, toast and butter but no jam.....

Price

NEVER AGAIN
    • Room Selected at Check-In

I wouldn’t come back here. Whole floor stunk of smoke, and not fresh smoke it was crusty 50 year old stench, dirty bedspread with cigarette holes, cigarette burns in carpet. Lady bugs flying around in room? I should have read the reviews! Shuttle bus an hour and half late.

Location, Location, Location
    • Room Selected at Check-In

upon arrival at 1 AM was give a great upgrade. Though it was not a smoker's room, at that time of night after a long flight, I just wanted sleep. Also note for those that travel out of YVR, has extended stay parking for about $10 per day, next trip will take advantage of the offer.

It'll do.
    • Queen Room - Smoking

Only decaf coffee left in the room, could have had regular coffee!

The staff were friendly, it was convenient and the price was right. It helped that there was a moxie's nearby for dinner.

Horrible. Will never return

Everything. The pool was freezing, food (or lack their of) for breakfast was an embarasment, room disgusting and mouldy, staff rude and useless.

Nothing. At all

A reasonable amount for your money
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Wifi was really unreliable and slow and the breakfast was incredibly light - I was not able to eat anything as I am a coeliac and a single piece of fruit does not qualify as a breakfast I don’t feel.

Location was great and all the additional services were great (the shuttle to the airport and taxi service)

PLACE IS DOWDY..BUT THE EXPERIENCE IS RELAYED IN THE PRICE.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Restaurant where croissants were NOT... tables were never wiped down by staff. Dismal place. Top bed sheet had seen better days. Toilet seat has seen better days and was pretty banged up.

There were no croissants.....Ha! The fact you were trying to be eco friendly with the leftover soap. BUT THE SHOWER HEAD USED SO MUCH WATER... Bed was comfortable.

Terrible stay
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The sheets on the bed had not been changed and there was no one from house keeping available so had to change rooms. The beds were very uncomfortable and the pillows were terrible. Overall i would never use this hotel again.

1.The breakfast room didn't have any staff for tiding up...
    • Room Selected at Check-In

1.The breakfast room didn't have any staff for tiding up after each guest! So crumbs all over! Also didn't fill up the empty jars/ baskets etc., only after special asking! 2. Could do with a new mattress, very uncomfortable on the edges.

• Room Selected at Check-In

the wifi not existed , staff very not respond to our multiple requests to solve the issues, they charge our bill extra $'s for incidents.

Adequate stay in order to catch an early flight.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

It was a bit cold inside the room as it was rainy outside. (Extra blanket in the room would be a good idea for people who come from warm South Asian countries!) Tried to turn on the heater but was blowing cold air. Not much to do but take the bus to get anywhere. But it is an airport accommodation and not much was expected!

The staff were helpful and cheerful. The bed was comfy. There was an Iron with a board, and a hairdryer as well. The free shuttle driver was kind and was happy to help with our luggage. Overall a hassle free stay. The breakfast was basic but adequate.

Budget hotel near YVR
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Waited for a very long time for the airport shuttle, ended up getting my own transportation. The line to check in was not long, but it took nearly half an hour to get checked in.

Good location close to the airport. Rooms are spacious and clean

Brutal

I stayed at this hotel before last Summer, the fire alarm went off at midnight and we were staying on the top floor, we had to walk down 12 flights of stairs wait outside for an hour and then walk 12 flights of stairs to get back to our room. The manager assured me he would give me 1/2 price off my next stay. When I told staff about my last stay experience and asked about the discount on my stay they said I'd have to wait till next time because I pre booked online. One of the staff members working on my last stay was also working the night of the fire alarm incident and even though he knew the trouble I went through that night, he said I would have to wait to get my 1/2 price rate.

would have booked neighbor Sandman hotel had I known, have no plans in returning :(
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Dissapointed no one advised no restaurant anymore; no bar fridge in room to keep drinks/food; filthy windows for viewing; Building/pool/grounds not well-maintained, garbage around; continental breakfast was sub-par...

Comfy beds

Just avoid staying here.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This is a falsely advertised hotel. Half of it is under renovation. The rooms are damp. The decor is dated. We were moved rooms (apparently upgraded) to what was their best room - it was no better. The swimming pool is filthy and constitutes more of the size of a small paddling pool. The fitness suite only consists of one treadmill (which is broken) and one cross trainer in a box of a room. The breakfast was a shambles. There were no seats, choice of foods or service.

Please avoid staying here at all costs.

Thanks Travelodge Airport.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I had a small problem with the airport shuttle as I was told that I could not have service when it was scheduled.

The staff was great the facilities were immaculately clean and very convenient location.

This hotel needs a facelift, but for the price at that time it was attractive.

The carpets need replacing. Breakfast area was messy. Poor choice of breads and condiments. TV did not work, but turned out it was unplugged. Bathroom appears to have mould. Unsavory characters coming and going. Not sure if they were all guests. Vehicles parking temporarily out front door made it difficult to drive through. No shuttle to Richmond Centre. Nowhere to dine nearby except A & W. Unfortunate that the Pantry was closed.

The beds were very comfortable. Handy to have microwave and fridge. The price was affordable. The front desk staff were efficient.

Ok for one night for a traveler alone
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Not enough of tv channels. The toilet paper not very simple to find. Flow of the water in the shower was poor.

Bathroom was very clean. The location was good.

Good for a layover if breakfast was more complete. Shuttle service was good.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Very limited breakfast choices. GM said no peanut butter for toasts because it’s a liability for allergy but it’s not a problem at all for many other hotels and fast food restaurants to supply it to customers. I believed it’s a lame excuse to cut cost based on the reason. Breads should be eliminated too because it is at higher risks of nut contamination. No microwave in the room either. Curtains blocked the a/c and heater. Defeats the function of the unit in the room. Carpets were old.

Quick check in and out.

Good location near airport and price reasonable.

There was a lot of traffic noise due to the location near 2 major roads. There was also a lot of aircraft noise due to the flight paths on both sides of the hotel.

Good size room. Location close to my needs.

Decent value for money. Pretty much a budget stay for convenience
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room decor, carpets, etc., pretty tired. Could use some upgrades. Wall AC worked, but pretty old and battered.

Comfortable bed, nice shower, free airport shuttle

good for overnight before or after flight
    • Business Queen Room - Non-Smoking

minimal breakfast cereal,toast juice,oranges muffin,would be better with yogurt&hard boiled eggs &english muffins & peanut butter&ham &cheese&danish

comfortable bed.airport shuttle

Price not so bad but not so clean and noisy.

We heard a lot the airplanes and vehicles circulation because the bad window. The cleanliness need adjust. We heard also a lot the doors shut in the hall.

Location is good. Price not bad. Good size room. Good bed.