Reviews of Travelodge by Wyndham Toronto East 3 stars

20 Milner Business Court, Scarborough, M1B 3C6 Toronto, Canada

#107 of 133 hotels in Toronto

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Small room and bathtub was not a tub you could actually have a bath in.

Fantastic lobby bar! Electronic games, pool table, pinball... And Siobhan was a fantastic server the entire night.

Air conditioner didnt go under 81. Very hot in room 412. Staff let people hook up speaker to cell phone and have music blaring loudly so that my family couldnt go swimming in the pool area. Music not suitable for 5 year old. Morning was a joke for breakfast. 1 family took up all of the tables and as food got refilled they pushed everyone out of way to get it. I am handicapped and got pushed WAY to many times almost falling over. Need a bigger room .

Quiet through the night.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom ceiling has bad water damage, was a turn off. The fitness room was occupied with boxes so we couldn’t use it.

Loved the location of this hotel. Breakfast was great and the hotel was very well maintained. Staff was amazing especially the wonderful lady that was attending to our floor.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

A bit far from downtown. But we were diving so it was not a big problem. And the breakfast room is small.

Spacious rooms and the staff. Before arriving I contacted them for the delivery of a package. They were happy to keep it for me. It was really a great help. Thanks lors.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

They should have told booking .com that the hotel was under construction.If we had known that we would have booked at another hotel with booking .com. The breakfast was good, but they need a bigger room for all the people there . some of the hot food was even cold .We would not recommend this hotel until the construction is done.

The employees were great .

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Included breakfast woefully inadequate for the volume of guests with long line ups for insufficient amounts of food to be produced and insufficient seating once food laboriously obtained...coffee maker in room inoperative

Rooms clean and neat with good ventilation and up to date bathroom

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom did not have any hooks or towel bars. No place to hold soap in shower stall. Fan is also loud in bathroom.

Great location with quick access to Hwy 401. Renovations to lobby and some guest rooms give the hotel a fresher feel. Very grateful to Sunday afternoon check-in staff who switched us to a ground-floor room to accommodate my elderly mother. Pub/Restaurant adjacent to hotel offers a solid, on-site food option. Free parking and breakfast a huge bonus.

Dirty, stains on bedding and chairs in the room, lied about the deposit being on the website, said it clearly states that there is a $150 dollar deposit and then charged my card $200 for a deposit after just saying it was $150

Pool was nice

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast doesnt serve any fruit or yogurt. Gross watery microwaved eggs and sausages dont look appealing. No peanut butter.

The business kingsize rooms are extremely small and stuff with too much furniture. The front desk happily moved us to a spacious double two beds room and it was good! Very clean, quiet and the bed are comfy.

Really happy with how clean everything is in the motel. Staff is constantly cleaning up especially in the breakfast area. Pool area was very clean, rooms were spotless. Smells really fresh in the lobby, beautiful motel and wonderful staff.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They advertised a business center, but all they had was a fax machine and a photocopier. The showerstall they had in the bathroom was without a soapdish or a shelf

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Stinky, dirty room. Non smoking but a hole made with cigarette was on dirty courtain. Dirty bedspread.

It was under renovation. Hopefully it will help. Bathroom was OK.

I had requested an accessible room as my partner is wheelchair bound. Heard from 2 different staff members, 2 different reasons, I feel I should have been advised ahead of time of my choices being offered.

I thought the breakfast was well looked after and serviced

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Overall didn't like it. It feels and smell like a ghetto hotel. I got a deal $90/nt it seems like a good deal at the time, but upon getting the room regretted it. Bed sheets stained. Smelly room. Avoid the Stag restaurant, they will RIP off even with a 10% discount. I gave them my 10% discount which total of $60 but gave me less than $2 for the 10% discount. The 10% discount of 60 is not 2.

The location is perfect

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room smell like the previous customers smoked cigarettes. The Ironing board was hard to use - the board itself was a little old which made it hard to iron my clothes. Couldn't find an available outlet for my laptop/charger. I had to unplug the lamp shade just so I can use the outlet.

The staffs were able to accommodate me as soon as I arrived to the hotel. I was glad that they were able to cater to my request of putting me in an area where its nice and quiet. The bathroom was clean and newly renovated. I really like that it's hand shower. The complimentary breakfast was delicious.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Staff at breakfast section could be more cheerful and helpful... rather than being frustrated and non courteous

Nothing much in particular... things were not as what I expected for a Inn or Motel standard

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Paper cups and plates and plastic cutlery at Breakfast in the dining room!! No places set - just bare tables. This is so terribly cheap and very nasty! It devalues the hotel which is otherwise excellent and tells guests that they are not worth supplying with proper cutlery and crockery.

Everything but this!!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Having to pay $ 150:00 retainer. And not returning before leaving. Don’t believe warranted. Unfair to customer. Wash cloth only one in room for two people.

Comfortable

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was terrible. It smells in the room like the smoke hasn’t been fully cleaned out meanwhile I was with a 4months old baby. The breakfast was terrible.

The front desk staff was friendly

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We had to change rooms 4 times for Health and safety reasons. First room wasnt cleaned after the last guest. Second room matress wasnt attached to frame and my 2 year old flip the mattress onto himself when he sat at tge end od the bed. Also had to change the tv remote 2 times and still didnt get a working one. The 3rd room was supposedly inspected by supervisor before given to us. Bathroom had a leak in the ceiling with black mold. Im highly allergic to mold and so was my 2 year old. 4th room was better but mattresses were still easily to flip over. I fixed that by shoving the mattresses under the headboard. Didnt want to spend my whole weekend changing rooms and couldn't find another hotel at last minute on the long weekend

Was close to certain attractions

Small details, could have used a couple of extra pillows and our room key only worked once.

It was close to family and had a pool!. Restaurant was great too!.

EVERYTHING

Are reservations were cancelled the property was not helpful and I would NEVER stay there or ever RECOMMEND THIS PROPERTY Also this has happened to me before using this app I will NEVER use this app or Booking.com very again. Thanks for the huge inconvenience

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed. Pillows. There were three pillows on a queen size bed.. THREE pillows? What happened to the fourth? Are you always loosing pillows in your hotel? The pillows were low thread pillows anyway. The bed was not comfortable. I got a backpain. The thermostat had its own mind. Breakfast

I guess the location was good?

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

It was very cold in the room.The heating unit was located beside my bed. It was noisy and most of the time was blowing cold air (although I tried to adjust the temterature). The breakfast was the same every morning (not enough selection) and was not tasty.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff in the morning were way less friendly than the night staff, could just be they’re working in the morning.

The location was perfect and just out of the way of downtown and traffic! The room was clean and when the door wasn’t working it was fixed right away. The evening staff had no issues with helping and being present and they were super nice! The breakfast was good for the price you pay and the lady working it was very nice and helpful despite people coming in after breakfast was done she still helped, she was the best morning staff!!

• Deluxe King Room - Non Smoking

We first got in the elevator to our floor and found a big,and very loud construction project on the go right outside of our room and they didn't stop until about 7:30 pm. We got into our room to find long black hairs in the bath tub, spots on the floor in front of the toilet, toothpaste spit on the mirror and what looked like blood stains on the bathroom wall. We changed rooms because of how dirty our first room was and in the next room, the key cards, nor the tv worked. Concierge told us he couldn't fix it and we'd be without a tv for the night, so we asked him to move us again. He told us they were fully booked, so I had to suggest he move us back to our original dirty room to sleep, where we were actually able to watch tv. In the morning, by the time we got to the breakfast buffet, there was barely any food. Only bagels and toaster waffles and I got the last (half cup) of coffee. I won't be staying again. Very disappointing.

The pool and hot tub were quiet and very enjoyable and the staff was kind and accommodating, for the most part.

I was very disappointed with the mattresses I could feel the springs and the breakfast was horrible I had to take my family out for breakfast they didn't have what they said was included in the breakfast.

Room is locked good but house maid or hotel policy they don't change pillow cases or bed sheets after every stay. I found pillow simple floop up but wrinkles all over pillow cases and bedsheets. I found some hair as well from previous guests. That's simply nesty. Please check your room before getting comfortable.

Price was very good for location and stay.

Room smells cigarette even if ask for non smoking room. Pillows sooo worn out. Lady in breakfast room on day 1 was very rude to the tourists and I was shocked to see her pulling away a bowl of cereal from a lady because she used it to put some canned fruits to share with her relatives at her table, annoying to see how loud the lady in charge was, like ' Hello! Look here!" Holding her finger on a piece of laminated sign that says pick up your garbage.... In several languages! And I don't understand why she has to show these tourists how to put the lids back on all the dispenser when there was a huge line up... Need some serious customer service courses.

Location, parking, reception people very nice, fast check out.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was dirty, hadn't been vacuumed. Comforter had big stain on it and it smelled like sweat. Very disgusting. Shower had pink mold at the base and there was no where to place your soap in the shower. Not enough electric plugs in the room. You had the choice to have them lamps plugged in or the alarm clock but not both. Breakfast was served from 7 to 11 and when we came down at 730, everything was empty. Was told it would be about 30 minutes before they could refill.

Front desk staff was very friendly.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Business King room - was definitely not a king room/ bed. Very, very small. Mattress was a springboard. Our backs were killing the next morning. House keeping knocked on the door at 1015 am when check out is at 11 - I find that very annoying. Will not recommend.

Where do I start? They advertise they have an Indoor Pool & Fitness Center, but shortly after I booked, they sent me an email saying the pool was down from April 18th-27th for "maintenance". That wasn't a problem. However, the first night we stay, we decide to check out the fitness center, when we're stopped by a manager and told "the gym is also down for maintenance". The next morning, I ask the front desk when the gym will be up for use, and the head supervisor rudely notifies me that it's down PERMANENTLY - even though the manager the night before said it was for maintenance. Second issue - I asked for duvets instead of covers, because, being a housekeeper myself, I know that the covers aren't ever actually washed, whereas the duvets HAVE to be. So what do we get instead of duvets? BED COVERS. Third issue - We got a room with 2 queen beds, and the first bed had an old period stain on the sheets, tucked int the top corner to make it look unnoticeable. Fourth issue - We booked the room for 3 people. We wrote in the additional requests section when we booked, that we needed a couple extra towels and maybe 1 extra pillow. We get to the room, and theres 1 set of towels, 1 roll of toilet paper, and 2 pillows for 3 people. This hotel is NOT business friendly, clean, or worth your money & deposit.

It was a bed to sleep on, and a roof over my head.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

- Bed - HARD and sagged! I got back pain in two night . - Bed Sheets - way too thin and provide no cover for night - Pillow - too shallow and way too soft - Thermostat settings - went on and off on its own ..

City and Hwy Proximity

I didnt appreciate the fact that I arrived at 12:50 and was told I could check-in in 15-20 minutes but when I came back I had to wait another half an hour and then more and more until it was 3. Be honest with your clients. Also, I had 2 rooms booked. 1 room smelled like smoke, the other smelled perfectly fine. Breakfast was ok, satisfying for the price you pay. Eggs, saussage, fruits, juice, coffee, yogurt..

I had to be in the area for a photoshoot so the location was perfect for me.

• Deluxe King Room - Non Smoking

The room was clean quiet and comforable.

The hotel was renovating and thats the only resun it git the 7.5 rating if it was finished it would be a 9.5 over all I was happy and will return ty

Be prepared for the damage deposit hold on your credit card. That amount was more than my actual room fee

Super convenient location off the highway and right near a large mall. I was surprised by how nice the hotel was inside, given it's in a business park, so I was a bit nervous about how family-friendly it would be. But free breakfast, and a pool, and clean rooms made up for the outside appearance. And great deal.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Wasn't a fan of the bed. I thought the pillows and comforter were too thin and the mattress too stiff or hard.

The location. And the breakfast wasn't bad although the dining room was pretty tight.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

When we checked in, the room was the last room in the corridor... I really didn't want that room. Other than that, when we came back after day 1, we couldn't access to the room. We were like???????? And we had to go downstairs again. Then the breakfast diner was much smaller than I imagined, there were at least 30 people, 10 was lining up! And there was NO EGGS, we had to wait at least 15 mins. Funny that they recommend that dining time is 20mins. Ugh

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staffs were very good in answering questions. I did not expect what a wonderful services from the staff members. Will recommend to friends and family members. The only thing i did not get was the ground floor i requested for. Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the hotel. Excellent overall :)

Was too busy and did not have the chance for breakfast. Will at my next visit.

Breakfast room is too small and gets too busy at peak time (around 9sm) - long line to access food, food runs out quickly (there are refills but you need to wait again), no sitting spaces. Also I was missing yougurts. I think it's kind of basic and standard to have for breakfast... In the pool you don't find any equipment or accessories. I can understand they don't provide swimming jackets or some other expensive things, but a few flowting boards and long tubes would really be great, and they don't cost a lot really...

The hotel is located far from downtown, but for the places we wanted to visit (such as Toronto zoo) it was perfect. The swimming pool is very small and simple, but most of the time it was either empty or just a few people only, so it was not crowded at all. Food choices are ok for complimentary breakfast - cereal, scrambled eggs, sausage, bagels, etc. Not the greatest variety and taste, but good for kids.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The rooms were cramped ... too small than what was shown in the photograph... location wise not very convenient if you don’t have a car ... the staff not that courteous... you can hear between the walls ...!! Average say ... definitely not worth the price ...!!

Nothing much to specify ..!!. breakfast was pretty okay ..!! The housekeeping staff was courteous..

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Booking system 'continues' to have trouble locating my reservation from booking.com.

The usual positives: free parking, adequate breakfast, pleasant staff, Stag's Head open, fairer price than elsewhere in Toronto

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room for breakfast is very small and was not enough for all people who stayed in the hotel.

Stay here for 2 days during the holidays to see Toronto. We like the clean room, polite staff, beds are good enough. In 3-5 minutes there is a bus station. The bus to metro station is every 10-15 minutes. In the hotel there is a pool, which is working until 11 pm.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There is a restaurant onsite that had excellent fare at a reasonable rate as well. The beds were comfortable and the check in flawless. The property requires a hold on a credit card for $150.00 .. They checked the room with me to relieve any fears of damage being applied. I asked for a signed waiver which they provided.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms and bathrooms, and the quiet environment. the experience of staying in Travel Lodge Toronto East exceeded expectations, especially in terms of cleanliness and quality. Keep it up!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Started with a queen instead of a king bed and just got worse from there.....so disturbed to be told, actually hollered at, in front of everyone in fact, by the very rude lady, who's only job it is, is to ensure there is coffee and breakfast stuffs for guests in the morning, that the reason stuff is empty... as I find her hiding in the back room, doing absolutely nothing, is not because she has done her job properly or at all for that matter....but because "it's busy... cant I see that"..., only one hour after breakfast started??? That the tea's are empty because the guests, whom they are there for anyway, "steal them" so they dont put any out or fill them??? Half full beer glasses from the restaurant in the halls and elevator??? NO MANAGER ON DUTY AT 8AM????? Staff ignores the issues and act as if you have done something wrong in pointing out their errors...SOOO RUDE!!! I WILL NOT recommend anyone stay here at all.. and certainly wont be back myself.....

nothing...

Breakfast is the same everyday and there was no variety in the food menu, queue was always too long to get a toast. They also have limited tables and they don't allow the option to take food to rooms

The staffs are great.

Upon check in, the desk clerk was clearly annoyed with a caller. He was very short with the caller to the point where the come t was made " do you not know what hold means, I put you on hold" . Then he put the phone down and muttered "stupid" under his breath. I was taken aback to witness this. He was fine with us later on when I needed information bit we were very uncomfortable at check in. I have stayed at Travelodge many times over the years partly because they offer breakfast included. This breakfast was disappointing, my eggs were cold straight from the warming pan, toaster waffles.. Not at all the Breakfast I've come to expect from Travelodge. The property was old, clearly and it appears they are renovating based on the plastic lining in the elevators. It was clean enough. Furniture was scratched and old looking, but clean. We chose this hotel because of its convenient location near my son's College. However, I would not stay here again.

.The pool area was well kept.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No coat hangers. Not a single one. Our tv also didn’t work very well. The staff were lacking any good customer service. Kind of like it was all their first day. Every day. We had a noise fan outside our room with no way of turning it off. The breakfast was complimentary but all served in polystyrene plates and Bowles. All plastic cutlery and a sign saying please keep your breakfast to 20 minutes. Felt rushed and not wanted there. Make sure you check your bill when leaving, we were charged for an x-rated movie we didn’t watch. When asked when the film was watched it came back 7:30am. It was removed. It’s totally a budget hotel but does the job.

The bed was very comfy and warm considering the thin liner of a duvet. The bathroom was also extremely clean and fitted with a gorgeous walk in shower. Lovely and warm. They were perfect. Parking right outside and plenty of it.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Maintenance check before giving a room to people

I booked a room for 2 nights because my daughter was having a cardiac surgery so I needed a place to stay, the room we went in it was ok but really cold me and my son didn't sleep for most of the night because we couldn't change the heat up it didn't work , so I went and told them about what happened and cancelled the room it was really bad experience I would never go back there again

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Rude cleaning manager he was rushing me out telling me I have to pay more when I had already arranged a late check out the night before. Also he entered my room when I wasnt dressed after yelling numerous times when he was knocking that I was in the room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was no toilet paper in the room. We called the front desk 3 times, and they did not do anything. The garbage can was full. The towels provided were disgusting.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Every staff member I encountered looked miserable. Not even sure they spoke English. I felt very uncomfortable in the hotel itself as it seems sketchy and outdated.

Close proximity to the 401

Still can smell the smoke in the room in 2nd floor though it’s not smoking area room. And the toilet cant drained properly. But we transferred to ground floor which is more cozy and quiet but the washroom toilet can’t drained properly.

Quiet room in the ground floor. I like the ground floor rooms

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The TV wasn't working. But staff offer to move us to another room. We declined and the next day the TV was changed for a working one.

I like the breakfast, plenty to choose from.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

dim lighting in the room. Only have t.v on demand channels.

We had an appointment with our dr. at the hospital. Very nice and clean hotel. Would definitely be returning in the future.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Shower was clean but there was strands of hair left on the shower floor :/

Room was ready before 3pm.we could check in a little bit early. the bathroom was nice with new renovated shower.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Lamp bulb burnt out. Didn't bother to report or complain about it. difficult maneuvering the luggage cart up and down the outside ramp to move luggage in and out of room.

I liked the quiet room, the comfortable bed and the fact the window blinds closed up and kept out any outside light! Great sleep. The included morning breakfast was good but there could have been a bit faster replenishment of the sausage and eggs.

• Deluxe King Room - Non Smoking

The walls were extremely thin.

The location was great, right off of the highway. The bar next door stayed open until 2am. The pool was warm and the jacuzzi was nice!

• Deluxe King Room - Non Smoking

The bathroom was rusty is some places, our room had damage done to it. The sheets has burn marks on them. And I didn’t like the fact everything must be charged to a credit card. I felt that this place was un-necessarily difficult when accommodating their customers.

I liked the breakfast option and the pool. The hotel was very clean.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the size if the room was on the smaller end, and the thermostat was pre set so we weren't able to adjust the temperature comfortably.

the complimentary breakfast

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Again, the breakfast was late in preparation (and it isn't that large a task normally) - fourth consecutive stay. This lateness was very eventful as there were many guests ready at 7 a.m., so when the it opened the service couldn't handle it and food ran out. This is a management problem as only one employee was trying to serve large groups, and perhaps some food wasn't readily available to serve. Travelodge knew the guests list.

As usual staff at front desk were friendly, calm and helpful. Stag's Head bar and restaurant is a real asset.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Was perfect for a short business trip, right close to the highway entrance and GO train. Bar attached to hotel was good and very busy for a Tuesday and Wednesday night. Will certainly go back if my travels take me to Scarborough.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I had to keep calling the front desk for the microwave like 4 times.

I always have been book with this hotel,it's clean the room is great....the breakfast is good and etc

Our bathroom sink had old scum in the corners - like only the middle got wiped and there was hair in the tub and bathroom. Hotel is dated but I expected it to be clean. We arrived well after midnight and the gentleman checking us in was alright. Our room turned out to be double beds not queen that we had booked. There were not enough towels so we had to share. In the morning we couldn't have breakfast as the tour bus had more than filled the room and there was no alternative. At check out when I said I was unhappy with the double beds I got a shoulder shrug and was told that I got a good deal from Booking.com so (I shouldn't complain).

Location was great for where we had to be in the morning.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No bath tub being charged for movies that never worked

Wasn st pleased being charged 24 dollars for movies that didnt even work on there tv.motel room okay didnt like there was no bath tub

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

everything. It would be better if they move the parking sigh to guide exactly where the hotel parking lot is instead of guiding to some private parking lot! And do not use so much scent in the hotel, which is really too much chemical in the air!

none

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

room was small and slow to fill up breakfast bar ...the rest was perfect

staff was friendly, we asked for different pillows and they were in our room at the end of the day they are renovating the hotel,we were on second floor,nice room and beautiful bathroom very quiet and clean for the price of 89$, breakfast & parking incl. You cannot expect a hotel of 159$ we will return every time we go to TOTONTO

They put charges on my credit card that I did not authorize. I went to the front desk to ask for it to be reversed they told me it’s through a third party. I asked for the third parties number they are unable to disclose it to me....and the cost are my problem. I will NEVER stay here again some staff has no manners disrespectful....save your money spend it elsewhere.....also the rooms are tiny

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The whole building was tired looking. Attempting to update- unsure if window leaking in room in past- numerous different wallpaper on wall around window. Hallway smelt like cigarette smoke. Pool- city passed a conditional pass to be reviewed. Shower out of order in pool area. Bathrooms near pool- out of order and locked.

Price

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Didn’t clean the room, had to ask for towels, the pool shower wasn’t working. The hot tub, we had to ask them to turn it on. Asked for a plug for the bathtub and it took over an hour to get one. The final straw was the room key didn’t work, multiple times up and down to the front desk....a real pain!

• Deluxe King Room - Non Smoking

The horrible washrooms and the lack of pillows and towels and gross bed sheets. Maybe don't forget a ashtray. And the microwave ur coffe machine looked disgusting all the dead smashed bugs on the windows and blood drops on some corners

Atleast they didn't lie about smoking in a room.

Nothing I can think of.

The accommodations were impeccably clean, the beds were very comfortable and the breakfast provided was of high quality. The price was very reasonable by Toronto standards.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room smelt musty. It was cold upon arrival took a while to warm up. With the electric heat .it was so dry durung the night to sleep my nasal waa very dry i couldn't sleep.the shower stall floors very slippery and no place to place shampoo bottles or soap!!!

Continental breakfast was actually good. The hotel was close to our function. Convenient to get to

Beds were not comfortable. And it seems like the price was very different from family to family for the same service:(

It was close to where we were going

Browse Travelodge by Wyndham Toronto East traveller photo gallery