Reviews of Holiday Inn Truro This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

437 Prince Street, B2N 1E6 Truro, Canada

#8 of 14 hotels in Truro

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

I would research other places.
    • Queen Room with Working Desk

The food was terrible, having stayed at Holiday Inns numerous times I didn’t expect amazing or inventive food. The food here was really bad, a basic cheeseburger was burnt, tough and cold, didn’t have what I requested on it. The lettuce was black and slimy. I could go on and on about the poor quality of food but my advice is just don’t eat there. The location although in the city was difficult to find. No signage. It was much more like an institution building than a hotel. I found hair in the bed.

The staff, were very helpful and pleasant. The bed was firm.

• Reviewed: May 4, 2018

I enjoyed a cocktail in the lounge while I waited for food...
    • Queen Room with Working Desk

I arrived just as many of the hotels functions were ending. I had to park quite a distance from the hotel to register but by the time I needed to unload my car, I was able to move up front.

I enjoyed a cocktail in the lounge while I waited for food to take back to my room. It was a good experience and the food was good too. The desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Although the property is starting to show its age, my room was exceptionally nice. I had a queen with a very substantial work desk. Not only was the room and bathroom very clean, the shower was great.

• Reviewed: May 3, 2018

It was quiet essential place to be receptionist very nice

The bookings website told me it was breakfast included it was not. the price I received online did not have taxes in so I was disappointed when at the counter it was more next time I would call the hotel not use be online services. Cleaner on day 3 at 8am in the morning I could hear her tap on every door it felt like and said housekeeping. That was very irritated.

It was quiet essential place to be receptionist very nice

• Reviewed: March 6, 2018

Just barely satisfied

The bathroom was so small just enough room to close the door if your a large person you wouldn't be able to close the door I was there with my adult son for my dads funeral and he had to leave the room while I changed and me him because you couldn't get dressed in the bathroom unless sitting on the toilet or in the tub without smashing your elbow, The hot tub was just nasty the jets weren't working was told by someone they've not worked in 2 yrs and someone had used it as a bathtub bar of soap was laying beside it not used by guess staying in the hotel.

It was clean ,the staff was nice friendly.

• Reviewed: March 4, 2018

Comfy beds, friendly staff and great amenities! We would definitely book again.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pet Friendly

Only one set of towels in the shower. We didn’t notice that until we went to get ready in the morning.

Wish we got there earlier in the evening so the kids could take advantage of the garnes room. Looks fun!

• Reviewed: February 19, 2018

We would stay here again if our son attends another wrestling tournament, great place for families
    • Executive Room with Two Queen Beds

We weren’t overalls pleased with the breakfast buffet. It was cold and rubbery. However we only tried the buffet so we can’t speak for all the food choices.

The temperature was great, it was very quiet ( the staff met all our needs). Beds were comfy and my son enjoyed the pool and fitness room. We got our moneys worth.

• Reviewed: January 15, 2018

The pool was deep it was nice being able to actually swim...
    • Queen Room with Working Desk

The jets in the hot tub don’t work

The pool was deep it was nice being able to actually swim and not have the water just up to my hips. Pool is 7ft deep, staff were great!

• Reviewed: November 18, 2017

Great spot to stay in Truro

There was a noisy night with guests in another room partying late. However after we called the reception desk, quiet was soon restored. A $20 voucher to the hotel's restaurant was slipped under our door with an apology message which was greatly appreciated.

Friendly, responsive staff. Clean facilities. Excellent breakfast (buffet included in our rate). Comfortable room with many amenities and a great shower! Centrally located. Easy check in and check out. We would certainly choose this location again.

• Reviewed: September 27, 2017

Good and would recommend it
    • Queen Room with Working Desk

Dryer wasn't working in guest laundry but the was a laundromat down the road 😝We enjoyed our stay there and another thing I didn't realise you didn't get points when you booked with booking.com so that's not good😣

Clean rooms comfy beds and a bar to relax in later after a meal girls so helpful and friendly always a smile for you 😀

• Reviewed: September 24, 2017

Excellent place to stay in the area
    • Executive Room with Two Queen Beds

- Friendly staff at check-in - Strong stable wifi - Very good and filling breakfast - Like both food and service at the on-site restaurant at dinner - Clean facilities - Pool, jacuzzi and ping-pong table

• Reviewed: September 12, 2017

The best pool!
    • Executive Room with Two Queen Beds

The entire hotel was too cold. Had to drive to see anything. , but that's not really a complaint...just noted in case you prefer to walk everywhere.

The best pool!!! Rooms were clean and the hotel was quiet. It was ice cold when we got into the room and had to actually unplug the air conditioning because the controls didn't respond. If you are stopping over make sure you got to Victoria Park. And if you need gluten free there is an excellent cafe in town...had the best gf treats ever!

• Reviewed: August 15, 2017

Not much.

Entrance location, grade changes inside and out seemed to have been designed by 1st year architecture student destined to fail. Would not recommend for anyone with disability (or elderly or infirm) or even people with more than one bag.

Not much. Pool and exercise room were nice and clean, and wasted space in such an interesting way that it makes one appreciate well planned and laid out spaces in other hotels.

• Reviewed: July 30, 2017

Awesome 4-night stay with kids.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pet Friendly

The only complaint I have is that the housekeeping staff on the first 2 days didn't do the greatest job on our room. Didn't leave extra towels, didn't change the garbage cans, that kind of thing.

The hotel was very clean, comfortable... staff was welcoming and friendly. The food in the restaurant was well-priced and delicious, and we enjoyed the pool (my kids really loved it)!

• Reviewed: July 23, 2017

We stayed one night and moved on.

We stayed one night and moved on. Most of these questions simply do not apply. The only negative, there was some event happening and we were right over it,,,,a little difficult for sleeping!

• Reviewed: July 21, 2017

Location it was sorta in the middle of everything fast food...

the 25 dollar upcharge for my dog it is usually 10 to 20

Location it was sorta in the middle of everything fast food one way and downtown Truro and Victoria Park the other

• Reviewed: July 21, 2017

Very clean and comfortable.
    • Queen Room with Working Desk

It was a little bit confusing at first , getting around inside

Very clean and comfortable. We didn't walk around , as we were there for a wedding 🤓

• Reviewed: July 19, 2017

Perfect location with very helpful and pleasant staff.
    • Queen Room with Working Desk

Very helpful and pleasant staff made our day. We got many tips and informations about Truro and its sights from the receptionist. We loved the food in the restaurant and were treated with a special attention to our gluten free diet. The rainy day became brighter by playing ping pong and reading books we borrowed.

• Reviewed: July 12, 2017

Quite enjoyable stay
    • Executive Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast fruits not as fresh as can be. And nothing else.

Comfortable beds - quiet room - clean - relaxing - nice breakfast atmosphere - helpful staff

• Reviewed: July 11, 2017

Nice hotel with beautiful accommodations.
    • Executive Room with Two Queen Beds

The hotel layout was a bit confusing with having 2 buildings and split levels. Otherwise it was very nice.

The hotel was very nice. The room was quite large and more extravagant than what I required. Had nice furnishings, was clean and lots of amenities. Lots of parking and well lit parking lot if arriving late. Hot and cold breakfast was included and lots of variety to choose from.

• Reviewed: July 7, 2017

Adequite Accommodations

I wasn't happy about the $30 a day charge. They didn't tell me about it at check in to give me the option to provide a deposit instead of this $30 a day that would be used to services if I used them which I didn't. Could take up to 2 weeks to get each $30 back :-(

Pool and Jacuzzi were great even thought the Jacuzzi didn't have working jets

• Reviewed: June 26, 2017

Room was fine , bed acceptable.
    • Queen Room with Working Desk

Wait staff in the Bistro brought the bill way before we were finished our entree. Did that to other tables as well. That was annoying. Hot tub out for maintenance on day two. Several dogs in the hotel. Best ask if pets have been in the room before if you have objections. Don't eat at Chow's restaurant down the street.

Room was fine , bed acceptable. no duvet cover tho. Big pool area , hot tub was hot but jets disabled permanently. Walk downtown not too far. Breakfast was adequate choices.

• Reviewed: February 27, 2017

We were there for cheer.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Safety. No breakfast included (continental even) especially for athletes and have to be up and ready to go to compete. Pool to small.

We were there for cheer. There was no breakfast included. There was safety issues with women and children due to an incident that happened. Access to floors was easy for outsiders. And I guess no cameras work. Did not get an kind of discount or free offering or even breakfast for incident that happened and made everyone uncomfortable. I am thinking of booking another hotel for this coming weekend!

• Reviewed: December 30, 2016

Never To Return
    • Queen Room with Working Desk

We went to have a relaxing night. Swimming......the pool heater wasn't working . Hot tub.... was not working.and we were not told this at check in... we would not of stayed.King size room and the heater would blow cold air then hot so we had to keep adjusting it. Even the TV remote didn't work.

The breakfast was nice

• Reviewed: November 30, 2016

Love to stay at HI Truro
    • Executive Room with Two Queen Beds

Our favourite place to stay in Truro! Front desk staff were very pleasant, they have actual cribs for your baby and the restaurant food AND service was excellent!

• Reviewed: November 11, 2016

we upgraded to include the buffet breakfast but the motel...

we upgraded to include the buffet breakfast but the motel didn't offer it the morning we were there. Not happy about that. We wouldn't have spent the extra had we known.

• Reviewed: October 24, 2016

Wonderful weekend
    • Queen Room with Working Desk

The yapping dog across the hall.. I understand that we were in a pet friendly location and you will hear a dog bark from time to time.. but not one that barks the whole evening.. I think having a pet friendly hotel is a wonderful idea just think people should have control of their pet before attempting to stay..

Every thing wa great, food was very good and everyone was helpful and pleasant

• Reviewed: October 14, 2016

Holiday Inn is always good.
    • Queen Room with Working Desk

The colors in the hall were a little dark. Not bad, but brighter, lighter colors would have given a better feel. appeal.

It was a good place to stay, as Holiday Inn typically is. Staff friendly and helpful. Room clean, comfortable, and ready

• Reviewed: October 4, 2016

Undercover boss needs to visit
    • Queen Room with Working Desk

Hot tub was not working properly. Dust on brochure table in lobby was deep! They changed the locks while we were out and someone let us in the Hotel then we couldn't get in our room because that lock was changed They changed the password for the Internet so we couldn't get online until we ask.

Our room was nice. The waitress and the room attendant were great. The work station w/printer was great!

• Reviewed: October 4, 2016

Stay elsewhere if possible.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pet Friendly

Lighting was extremely poor, unable to use mirror for make-up or shaving. Sink had a big chip and was cracked in the bowl. Breakfast menu poor, unable to supply foods on the menu three days in a row. Elevator slow, dated, and inadequate.

Beds were comfortable and room clean. Nice pool.

• Reviewed: October 2, 2016

Love the area surrounding Truro!
    • Executive Room with Two Queen Beds

Very hard to find this place. Upon arrival, the front desk staff were not overly friendly due to being short staffed that day. It showed when the girl was taking my information. Even the way she spoke to her coworkers at times was not pleasant. I know days get hectic and it's not great to be short staffed but it shouldn't show to the clients upon arrival or directed at other staff. I pray her days have been better since then.

The room was comfy and clean. The pool was ok. It is good for one night.

• Reviewed: September 5, 2016

Comfort Feeling throughout, Amazing hospitality, Vaccums even have their own personal touch(att pic)

Pool is very spaciously inviting and pool area is super nice.... we were not to enjoy it too long as the chemical/chlorine smelland feel was way too strong... Although advertized as a heated salt water pool, my husband felt as if his eyes were literally burning in the water and mine were just blood shot red by just sitting and relaxing by the pool... So we just had to cut the pool time short and shift toward the gym and game room but still had a blast and would certainly book itagain...

Excellent variety of amenities to keep you busy, especially with kids... Ping Pong table was certainly a hit for our 10 yr old daughter !!! Location is perfectly centered within nearby attraction and Restaurant is decently priced and tasty, the hot buffet breakfast kick starts your day... All staffs were very pleasantly helpful, Comfirt Guaranteed !!!

• Reviewed: September 1, 2016

Great place to stay in Truro!

Not a thing!

I so enjoyed the room and great breakfast options. Those blueberry pancakes were the best I have ever tasted and the serving staff were very attentive.

• Reviewed: August 30, 2016

Holiday Inn Express is Better

First room we got smelled like mold. They changed our room and the new room didn't smell. They gave us a coupon for free breakfast in their restaurant for our inconvenience. We went in for breakfast and had a long wait to be seated. Finally when seated waited and waited to be waited on, then we decided to just leave. We never used our "free" breakfast.

• Reviewed: August 29, 2016

Excellent accommodations and very clean and comfy
    • Executive Room with Two Queen Beds

Very long wait for elevators

Fitness center, pool and whirlpool being open until 11:00pm, beds were comfy, room clean and breakfast was nice. All accommodations were great.

• Reviewed: August 29, 2016

Pleasant and restful
    • Queen Room with Working Desk

You gave a special for breakfast which was great and we enjoyed it but we were travelling with 3 adults and we had one person in another room and she did not get the special unless she could eat 15.00 worth. Why can you not give a single for 7.50. Thank you.

Great location and friendly service.

• Reviewed: August 15, 2016

Nice stay for just passing through.

Nice stay for just passing through. Comfortable rooms and bed. Restaurant ok, although next time would go look for something with some more ambience in city center. Breakfast was fine and included in room price. Fast checkout.

• Reviewed: July 20, 2018

Easy to find and it gave me the opportunity of visiting...

The bathroom was way too small.

Easy to find and it gave me the opportunity of visiting Truro, pretty town.

• Reviewed: July 20, 2018

Room need serious clean up!
    • Executive Room with Two Queen Beds

Dirty beddings, "blood" stain on the bed sheets, bitten by bedbugs!!

• Reviewed: July 7, 2018

Staff great.
    • Queen Room with Working Desk

Staff great. Restaurant food was wonderful

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

Easy to find.
    • Executive Room with Two Queen Beds

There wasn't anything i did not like

Easy to find. Close to things. Clean

• Reviewed: July 5, 2018

Great staff, centrally located, looks like it has been...
    • Queen Room with Working Desk

Great staff, centrally located, looks like it has been recently renovated.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Room was good,
    • Executive Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast bad! What should have been hot was cold. And very expensive for getting not much.

Room was good,

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

One day stop in Truro

- bed was good - we had a good stay

• Reviewed: June 7, 2018

Did not stay as venue is in Canada!

It was not clear that this hotel is in Canada, I typed in hotels in Truro England, and this site came up.

• Reviewed: May 15, 2018

Overall - fine.
    • Queen Room with Working Desk

Very noisy air conditioner/heater in my room 316. Pillows way too soft and cheap - need replacing.

• Reviewed: May 12, 2018

Pleasant behaviour of the Staff.
    • Queen Room with Working Desk

Lack of milk for making tea in my room. Powdered substitutes are not very appealing.

Pleasant behaviour of the Staff.

• Reviewed: April 25, 2018

Very small washroom

Very small washroom

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

The internet was poor

The internet was poor

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

rooms were a little small especially bathroom.

rooms were a little small especially bathroom.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

The room
    • Room Selected at Check-In

This was better stay then last time, this time we enjoyed the room

The room

• Reviewed: March 21, 2018

Rooms were small

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

This room was not very good for the price and breakfast was horrible.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The cost, the breakfast and the hotel were far from worth staying there. Plus the the layout was very confusing.

• Reviewed: March 18, 2018

Nice stay...kida

Size of bathroom...

Beds comfy and very clean

• Reviewed: March 18, 2018

the cleanliness was great.

the heating system was so noisy.

the cleanliness was great.

• Reviewed: March 17, 2018

Relaxing and comfortable

• Reviewed: March 11, 2018

Storm stayed and found a great room to keep us safe.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pet Friendly

Always appreciate breakfast included. That makes a great stay

• Reviewed: February 18, 2018

Enjoyed night

Old buildings in area

Sure

• Reviewed: February 14, 2018

Nice and relaxing and comfortable.

That the hot tub was not working.

beds were comfortable and quiet room and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: February 5, 2018

There were long black hair through out the bed

• Reviewed: October 30, 2017

lovely stay

breakfast was pricey

staff were super friendly- rooms were pleasant

• Reviewed: October 25, 2017

I don''t remember anything outstanding - too many hotels in a short time.

Very comfortable bed

• Reviewed: October 19, 2017

There was a lot of noise outside our window in the early hours of the morning, which kept us awake.
    • Queen Room with Working Desk

Fair sized room, clean comfortable. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: October 13, 2017

Nice room, good parking, excellent breakfast

Nice room, good parking, excellent breakfast

• Reviewed: October 4, 2017

It was a comfortable enjoyable one night stay.
    • Queen Room with Working Desk

The breakfast was as requested and quickly served.

dated

• Reviewed: September 27, 2017

Nice stay and just by the town

We liked it all

Breakfast was good good comfy bed and room restaurant near by with good food

• Reviewed: September 24, 2017

Good hotel, met my needs perfectly.
    • Queen Room with Working Desk

Cozy bar. Excellent breakfast buffet.

• Reviewed: September 13, 2017

It was fine

No breakfast,

Room was ok

• Reviewed: September 12, 2017

very good. I would stay again. Easy access off the highway

room was downstairs

went to the bar/restaurant. cosy.

• Reviewed: September 7, 2017

Great hotel for a stop in the road trip to recharge

Beds were a bit soft for my back

Loved their restaurant in house such great food & great service!

• Reviewed: September 6, 2017

Just passing through
    • Queen Room with Working Desk

We had problems with the shower drain and head.

• Reviewed: August 31, 2017

Ok

Hot tub' s here were permanently disabled. Hotel layout was very confusing.

Property was clean with a nice pool area

• Reviewed: August 29, 2017

Normally, I would book Holiday Inns but wouldn't return.
    • Executive Room with Two Queen Beds

Building seemed old, washrooms small and lighting in bathroom very poor.