Reviews of Coast Tsawwassen Inn 3 stars

1665 56th Street, V4L 2B2 Delta, Canada

#3 of 6 hotels in Delta

• Superior One-Bedroom King Suite

The furnishings in the suite were sparse. A couch, tv/fridge, coffee table and a small table and chairs. For a modern hotel, the lack of electric plugs near the bed for our phones is just plain crazy. The ones behind the bed were full of lamps and clocks (who uses those?) and the faceplates were cracked anyway. The other ones were either across the room or away from the head of the bed. I'm not sure what the issue with the AC was but the room got very hot despite being set to 68. Also the traffic noise was pretty bad at the front of the hotel. It looks like a newer hotel so some thought should have gone into a bit of soundproofing. The breakfast was disappointing. For the price we spent, you would think that they would have more hot items than cheese omelettes, boiled eggs and automatic pancakes. No sausages or bacon for us meat eaters.

I liked the proximity to my final destination (Point Roberts), the underground parking and Brown's Social House attached. The shower was good too, hot and good pressure. Good wi-fi signals. I saw routers down the hallway.

• Comfort Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

They overcharged me by $63.05. My reservation was made with booking.com. They quoted me a price which included the 13% tax. The Inn charged me the tax. I am dealing with this separately.

Convenience to ferries and van to deliver and return us to the ferry. Front desk staff were excellent. Very good breakfast

• Comfort Double Suite with Two Double Beds

We came in from calgary for work for 1 night. I feel like some upgrading should be in the near future plans. There isn’t many options for stay in the area, but I would assume with all the new building going on around that there will be some new hotels popping up soon.

Beds and pillows were comfy.

• Comfort Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The pool was closed & that information was not shared on the website or at the front desk

The breakfast was a bonus to our stay! We always enjoy it!

• Comfort Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

The breakfast could be a little more. I was expecting more from it.

The staff was great and super friendly. the room was comfortable very clean and was easy to put my little one to bed while the adults could stay up and relax without having to keep the tv below hear level.

The continental breakfast

We were a little worried when we drove up to the hotel since it looks like it needs a little tlc but were relying on the reviews we read when we booked. The reviews are right. The staff member that checked us in was so courteous and friendly and the room though dated, was very clean and comfortable.

I wish I hadn't had to get two rooms as a suite for my family of five was not available.

Perfect location, lovely rooms, nice staff, delicious breakfast.

• Comfort Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

I arrived and found out I was the guest of the day. What a pleasant surprise. My stay could not have been any better. I will be recommending this hotel to my friends and family. I'll be back.

Couldn't fault it

Excellent customer care. Asked if they would receive parcel on our behalf from UK prior to arrival, which they agreed immediately. It was in our room waiting for us. Great room, very comfortable. Very good breakfast included in price.

• Comfort Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Convenient location not far from Tsawwassen Ferry & hotel attached had good food. Also included cold breakfast next morning, which was convenient.

• Comfort Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

We didn't like that the pool was closed and we weren't informed of that. A great disappointment for my young granddaughter as this was her birthday trip and she was looking forward to using the pool.

We liked the friendly helpful staff.

• Superior One-Bedroom King Suite

An on-site reservations staff person was not very good. 2 mistakes: they couldn't find my booking.com reservation as they had incorrectly entered the name of the guest and he had difficulty connecting the reservation # to them. 2nd, they told me another guest I booked had checked out when they hadn't yet checked in. This needs improvement.

• Comfort Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

The pool is disgusting. There is mold everywhere, in my opinion it needs to be condemned. The ceiling is hanging down in spots, there is mold on the ceiling, walls and doors. The tiles are falling off the walls.

Our room was clean, the front desk staff were very friendly and efficient. This is our third stay at the hotel and would come back.

• Comfort Quadruple Suite

knowing it's not quite what was expected I would stay again but would not be my first choice, fine for one night stay.the toasters were very slow and dried out the bread, the pool room was very cool and really needs a make over, jets in the hot tub could not be used. pictures on internet showed a sitting room with sofa and there wasn't

the room was large, beds were very comfy, breakfast had a good variety,

• Comfort Quadruple Suite

Staff was extremely pleasant and helpful whether it was responding for more towels or a razor (which I had forgotten to bring). Considering it was Christmas Day when I arrived and staff were away from their families, their hospitality was appreciated.

• Comfort Quadruple Suite

We were traveling with our dog at Xmas and at check in they even provided us with a chocolate for each of us and dog bowl with dog treats for my dog. I thought that was a nice touch.

• Superior One-Bedroom King Suite

The pillows were too fluffy.

The separate sitting area from bedroom was excellent for my husband and I. He is a night owl and I’m the morning robin so it was perfect!

• Comfort Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Even though few guests on site at 10:20 pm, we were accommodated in a room almost as far as possible from elevator. Next time I’ll ask.

Lots of room in suite.

• Comfort Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

The ice machine on the ground floor didn't work but that just gave me some exercise going up and down.

Stay here many times before, it is a great location for our visit and it has always lived up to how it is presented, clean good size rooms, very friendly staff and almost everything seems to work.

• Comfort Quadruple Suite

Not enough seating for breakfast , Out of coffee and eggs Went to front desk to ask for hostess to refill. They did however look after us. And replenished the items

• Comfort Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

The only thing I can think of would have been a little bit firmer beds but that is just my preference, they might have them, I didn't ask as it wasn't a big enough issue like I have found in some hotels.

They have 2 or 3 types of sliced bread, bagels, croissants, a few different types of muffins, banana bread, canned or fresh fruit, cottage cheese and yogurt, they also have ready made egg and cheese English muffins. There are a couple of gluten free dishes available, a few cereals, fruit juices also a different types of tea and decent coffee. A good assortment to get you going in the morning.

• Superior One-Bedroom King Suite

break fast no idea why they don't open the meetinghouse restaurant for breakfast a microwaved egg/bacon muffin doesn't do it for me!

The rooms are well appointed and clean. Also quiet and the bed was very comfortable for both of us

• Comfort Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Unable to park in the underground lot due to height restriction. I could barley walk in the parking lot, let alone park. With all the email spam after the visit, I won't be staying at this place again.

It was a nice layout. I was only there for 5 hours so I didn't get use the facilities.

• Comfort Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Rooms are dated. And there was a spider living above my bed. No screens on the windows. But I would stay here again. Didn’t stay long enough to enjoy the pool.

The beds were comfortable. Room was surprisingly quiet being on the main level. I would stay here again. Also liked how the breakfast wasn’t just cereal and bagels. They had a egg and cheese English muffin you could microwave. And fruit cups.

• Comfort Quadruple Suite

We have allergies and asthma. I’m sure there were dogs previously occupying the room with their owners. Restaurant was too noisy on both occasions that we stayed at the hotel.

Good Service, pleasant personnel, clean rooms. Good quality shower products. A good experience on the whole.

• Comfort Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Air conditioning cut out during the night. Room was ok, comfy bed. Staff were nice but all of them (talked to 3 people at the hotel) were misinforming us regarding pricing for the suite because we booked through booking.com. Very unhappy with the experience. They charged my partner full price for the suite even though we were told (by all 3 staff) we could get a special pricing (that all of our friends got) because it was a wedding booking. They didn’t even call to let us know about this even though it was written on the file and requested and just charged the credit card. Not very professional. Will not recommend to friends and will not be staying there again.

Room was nice for a 1 day stay.

• Superior One-Bedroom King Suite

The air conditioner was so noisy we turned it off and opened the window instead. Breakfast was not up to much - it filled a gap, that's all. Had trouble finding light switches - an inconvenience but not overwhelmingly so.

The suite was huge and the staff were lovely. Had a nice meal out at the restaurant round the corner and took a public bus to Richmond loop and then Skytrain to the airport next day - the stop was just across the street and down.

• Comfort Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

No suggestions for improvement. This is the second time visiting this Inn and we would stay there again with future visits.

Very clean and comfortable. Transport to airport and local attractions are reasonable. The staff are very helpful in providing assistance. The breakfast is excellent and provides necessary mix of breads, fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, bagels, and juices. Very restful facility.

• Comfort Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

The sofa bed was not good as I expected. The bed was not bad, though.

Great location and simple breakfast Just 10-15 minutes to Tsawwassen ferry terminal by car.

Nothing...

Comfortable large rooms....lots of nice touches like big bottles of shampoo, conditioner , soap, body wash and moisturiser etc. Really comfortable beds and a separate living room with table , chairs and sofa...microwave and fridge and Starbucks coffee pods. For a night after a long flight it was great as we needed to be near the ferry terminal for a sailing the following morning. Breakfast WS complimentary and had a good selection to choose from ...excellent all round!

• Comfort Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Only moan is that I notified them of our dietary requirements which wasnt acknowledged and it was suggested we should purchase our own, which we did from a shop 2 minutes away. They could have done this.

Staff, cleanliness and swimming pool was great. Right in town and 5 mins from where we wanted to be.

• Comfort Quadruple Suite

Really great location, staff was quite friendly and helpful. We were there for a wedding and had less Than half an hour to get ready. They got us right into the room and on our way quickly. The included breakfast also had a lot of options including gluten and dairy free.

• Superior One-Bedroom King Suite

Our room had a broken window that was taped up with packing tape, the air conditioner sounded like it was going to run right out of the wall ! The bathroom sink wouldn't drain !

Nice to have a restaurant on site

• Comfort Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

The noise from what we think was the air conditioner was so LOUD that we turned it off. It came from a cupboard next to the closet with mirrored doors . Room 325

Pillows....the best of any hotel we have stayed.

• Superior One-Bedroom King Suite

We had room 338 which was the one closest to the street and I had requested ahead for a quiet room on the ground floor. They did say there were none available.

pool, suite set-up, fold-out couch (our grandson joined us one night), 2 tvs, microwave (for popcorn), continental breakfast, variety of pillows, parking

• Superior One-Bedroom King Suite

hot tub was out of order. wasn't told! we were celebrating our 20th anniversary and didn't get an upgrade! hotel is getting run down. visible signs of lack of maintenance. place needs to be updated soon!

good location to ferrys

• Comfort Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Breakfast facilities were very basic with paper plates, but was ideal for a grab and go continental style breakfast.

Rooms were spacious if a little dated but comfortable and clean. Pool was a nice to have.

• Comfort Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

The rooms were noisy. The first room we were allocated wAs next to an ice machine which was extremely loud. We were kindly moved to another room which unfortunately overlooked the M25 of Tsawwassen. Breakfasts were horrible- nothing fresh just plastic cutlery and paper cups.

The suites were spacious and the bed comfortable.

• Comfort Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Some cleaning issues with room, handled by front office---For price, breakfast could have been better----Meat, eggs, etc.

Good location to ferry port, large suite---staff responsive

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Nothing springs to mind.

Close to the airport and the ferry terminal for Vancouver Island. Staff were friendly and helpful, good onsite bar / restaurant. Not a whole lot to see in the locality but nice walk down to the waterside.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Comfort Quadruple Suite

there wasn't a thing I didn't like

It was a great stay, every one was very helpful when I arrived < the room was very nice and the bed was great.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Comfort Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Very modest breakfast selection. Struggled to find a parking space...have 3 sweeps I waited for someone to leave before getting a car spot. Lots of noise with teen team staying over night.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

• Comfort Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Not having a restaurant at the location was a bit of an inconvenience, a bar/social club didn't seem adequate for more than a very short term stay.

The staff were well above average in every instance that we encountered them, the cleaning staff were very professional and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

• Superior One-Bedroom King Suite

Breakfast was marginal. Microwave egg and bacon roll fruit juice toast juice, not continental but not tasty either.

The bedroom was spacious and clean we were at the end of the corridor and it was very quiet.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Comfort Quadruple Suite

The interior bedroom has no window so felt dark. The fluorescent ceiling light alone was cold but fortunately there were two bedside lamps that made it more pleasant.

We liked that there were two separate bedrooms. Worked well for two friends. Even though it's a bit dated, everything was immaculately clean and well maintained.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Comfort Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Not the greatest breakfast. no staff around to ask where to find things. The room was very dated and old looking. Could not seem to regulate the temp to a comfortable one. Woke up several times very chilly. Bed beside window....was window only single pane? Drafty. WIFI kept shutting off...was a real pain!

Bed was comfy. Was the Browns social restaurant the hotel restaurant? If so, we had lunch there and it was excellent. Food was great. If there was another restaurant we were not aware of it.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Comfort Quadruple Suite

The continental breakfast that was included in the price was the worst breakfast I've ever had at a hotel. There was only disposable bowls and plates to use and the select and quality of food was poor.

The hotel was very near public transport, there was a great restaurant attached to it. The size of the room was very impressive, lots of space and good amenities. The pool area is dated but a nice feature.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• Superior One-Bedroom King Suite

Even though the breakfast was included it is served in a very small area and there was not enough seating for everyone. Staff however did set up another table in the foyer for a few of us.

Great hotel. location good so we could get ferry to outer islands next day. Fabulous restaurant right next door. Plenty of room for 4 adults.

• Comfort Quadruple Suite

It would have been nice to have an indoor entrance to the restaurant attach to the hotel. Its wasn't a big deal, but it was cold and snowing.

the staff was the over the top friendly. The body products in the bath were amazing, they have a huge bottles to use and small take homes, what a treat!

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

• Comfort Double Suite with Two Double Beds

A little over priced for the area and what it is but it is almost the only option so they have a premium.

Location was good for our needs, place is well maintained and the staff are attentive.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

• Comfort Quadruple Suite

Even if I think hard, I can't think of anything to criticize. The decor was better on our second stay, but maybe they are slowly re-doing all the rooms. Great value for your money.

What is not to like? I was totally happy with all aspects of our stay. This is our second time there and we chose it because we were equally happy the first time.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

• Superior One-Bedroom King Suite

Pool....Business with a private comp. giving swimming lessons at this hotel ...Coast Hotel should compensate use for the inconvenience, because this is one of the reasons we stay at your hotel.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Comfort Quadruple Suite

They upgraded us and I really appreciated the gesture, especially with 2 kids and a cat! They have gluten-free options for the breakfast! They are very very close to BCferries, which was ideal for us. They just opened a new mall 3 minutes away from the hotel. Indoor parking and wifi are free.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Comfort Quadruple Suite

The bed was not very comfortable. The room was also noisy. Could here the people in the adjacent room above coughing all morning from 3:30pm.

Staff at the front desk was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Unfortunately they were painting and fumes were an issue for us. No aircond. for cooling; but fine if you need heating.

We used this hotel as a stopover to catch the Ferry to Vancouver Island. Good location, budget priced hotel and quite acceptable.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite

staff are friendly and warm, bed and linens are very clean and comfortable, room is adequate in size, and the rate is reasonable. we would consider booking there again if we are in the area

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Comfort Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Had to take a taxi to the ferry terminal which cost $20. A shuttle service might be an idea for future reference.

Very nice selection of foods for the morning breakfast. Enjoyed having separate rooms within the room. Appreciate the effort they take to reduce, reuse, and recycle.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Superior One-Bedroom King Suite

The wifi had a very weak signal on 3rd floor and not even a full signal on the 1st floor. The hot tub was way too hot, we couldn't get into it. The lighting in the room was poor.

Having a gym and pool was good. The room was a good size with good storage, nice to have a sofa and table as well as the fridge.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Comfort Quadruple Suite

Breakfast was very basic, I would like to have some hot breakfast. Nearby restaurants close very early (not hotels fault)

Room was good and stuff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Superior One-Bedroom King Suite

Poorly ventilated gym; place in need of refurbishment, our room was next to busy street.

Friendly and helpful staff; convenient location to ferry terminal.

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

• Superior One-Bedroom King Suite

Decor somewhat dated could use an upgrade and a spruce up

Spacious room, great location for us very friendly staff. Very quick stay for me and my wifeDidn't use all of the hotel amenities might've rated higher if I'd had a chance

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• Comfort Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Miss when this hotel was a Best Western and you could get bacon and scrambled eggs if you wanted. Had two meals at Brown's Social House and was very impressed with the quality of the food, for a reasonable price.

Had a surprisingly good egg mcmuffin that didn't go gooey when microwaved. I've stayed at this hotel 24 times since 1982, and it makes me a little sad that some areas (pool specifically), could be freshened up with a lick of paint to hide its age.

• Comfort Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Excellent. I was being upgraded to executive room! Wonderful!

• Comfort Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Attached restaurant VERY noisy.

Attached restaurant handy to have

Pull out couch beds

How fast it was to check in

Not used

disappointed pool under renovation

• Comfort Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

the staffs are very friendly and warm welcome

• Comfort Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

the staffs are very friendly

• Comfort Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Room is definitely dated. Breakfast was quite limited with pastries quite stale.

Beds and pillow were comfy. Room does look clean.

• Comfort Quadruple Suite

amount of space in the room, very good breakfast, very helpful staff

The beds!

• Comfort Double Suite with Two Double Beds

A little noisy...close to the road.

Very spacious and clean. Comfortable beds.

Clean great