Reviews of Hotel Champ de Mars Montreal 2 stars

4.9

5.7

5.1

5.3

The worst place I ever booked in my life.
    • Standard Room with 1 double bed and 1 single bed

Stay away from this s-hole. Instead of useful guides in your room, you’ll find crap books on personal success everywhere self-published by hotel director or owner. Be prepared for extra fees and envelops for tips on every corner. I was charged $12 ‘mandatory tips’ (2$ per person for each day of stay) for breakfast which was included. When you finish your breakfast (which again is free) they’ll bring you receipt for $10 for each person – DO NOT SIGN IT. Take a picture of every receipt they give you. After I asked hotel manager to explain this charge on my credit card. The manager answered that taxes were not included. Then I showed him that prices on menu and on the receipts didn’t match in total with or without taxes. Then I asked to provide any supporting documentation for ‘mandatory tips', and she started questioning my RELIGION and where I came from (!!!). Just some phrases by the manager: “Hope you have not a safe trip to home!” “Don’t come back to Montreal!” “Go away and have a bad trip to home!” And numerous of other friendly expressions. The entire building is poorly maintained, furniture from nearest Value Village, rooms are extremely dirty. If you don’t want to screw your trip, choose any other place.

Location, at east end of Old Montreal

Staff experience very poor, inflexible attitude, when I asked for bag to be stored for a couple of hours, they wanted $6. The business is set up for making money, customer service is non existant.

Location, at east end of Old Montreal

Nothing to be like about this hotel, there are hotels nearby...

Everything! No elevator, disturbing smell in the hallway stairs and room! Disgusting sheets and hard beds

Nothing to be like about this hotel, there are hotels nearby downtown area that are way better than this one

hope it doesn't happen to other guests!

door was closed when I arrived. Had to have the taxi make a call for them to come open the door after 10 minutes in the cold temperatures. Thanks the taxi driver was so nice to wait with me in the car until some one came. I stayed for 1 night. I paid cash and was owed $12 back. Was told will be given in the morning. In the morning I left to come back and pick up my stuff. Had to pay to leave my bags behind no problem. When I returned to pick-up my stuff, noticed my white jacket was missing. Asked them to let me look int the room, but.. they rented the room already. The cleaning lady went to check and she did not find anything. So I lost my jacket like that. I was surprised that they rented the room, and then after the lady goes and check.. so they did not clean the room before renting it?? For my $12 bucks... had to remind them. Then they decided to take $2, as I did not leave tip for a breakfast that was included. Makes no sense to me!!

We had a wonderful stay and will remember Hotel Champ de Mars in the future.

Hotel Champ de Mars is quaint and full of character. In response to other reviewers, yes it is older, and yes the rooms are small but because of that our stay felt cozy and warm. The only time we spent in our room was to sleep, as we were too busy exploring Montreal. The location was perfect for everything we wanted to do, and allowed us to take full advantage of the Metro. Staff made coming and going easy by providing with keys to all the doors, that way we didn't need to worry about returning by a certain hour.

Make sure you inform them of the free breakfast you are...

Make sure you inform them of the free breakfast you are entitled to as part of the booking.com deal- otherwise they tend to 'forget' and charge you.

Horrible service, hotel not clean, avoid it!

Breakfast was supposed to be included in that price. The restaurant opened at 8 am and I had to discuss 15 min and show my reservation to the staff member to get a coffee and light breakfast! The room was cold. The bathroom was not clean and in decrepitude. Horrible experience. I stayed in 5 different places over my trip from us to Canada. I traveled extensively and I have to say that this place was one of the worst hotel EVER that I have experienced in my life!

You get what you pay for

Great location! You get what you pay for- I was expecting a lot worse, judging from previous reviews, but the hotel was clean. No bedbugs, there were a few stray hairs in the bed, but again, you get what you pay for. I was a female traveling alone, and I felt safe walking back alone to the hotel at night. The main door is locked at night, as well as the door leading to the stairwell. I also had to check-out early in the morning before the front desk was open, which led to a little confusion on my part, so if this is you, make sure you talk to the front desk ahead of time. They were accommodating in allowing me to check out early.

I could not sleep whole night.

Bed.

We were two people and we were given one double bed for two people. It was very uncomfortable. When we booked the room on booking.com, we were shown two single beds and we reached hotel, we were told that you have one double bed.

So bad , I stayed only 3 night instead of 7 nights

When I reserved you said that there is a parking but in fact there is no parking. They gave me a very small room knowing that I reserved a double room. The room was super cold and the didn't help me with this. I did check out 4 night's before because I can't stay with that room. This is not the first time I reserve with booking.com but I guess I will never do it again , because they didn't answer when I called them to discuss the wrong things regarding the reservation room and parkjng . Anyway than you for acting in none professional way.

Cozy and great value but the rooms are small and the beds are a little uncomfortable.

The room was a little small and the bed a bit uncomfortable but both can be overlooked due to the location, price and charm of the old building.

The location and cost were great! The little restaurant downstairs was cozy.

Regretted booking with this hotel .

The accommodation, room was tiny, dark , no place for luggage. Had to carry our stuff up the stairs and we are seniors. No indication on the website that they did not have one . Could hear the person next room snoring . I would never recommend this place to anyone .

Location, near the old town.

Never again!

Crappy room, worst bed ever! Squeakin and cracking as soon as you lift a finger! Could hear people from the room next door talking (they werent talking loud, just talking) through ventilation.

The look from outside... that's it!

It was comfortable and convenient and had been recommended by an a friend who lives in Old Montreal.

Stairs were a bit of challenge with luggage as we were both exhausted, but they were also part of the charm.

My friend and I both liked the charm of the hotel and the lovely breakfast offered. Close to terminal and a lovely open market.

Just what we were looking for; a cozy affordable stay right in Old Montreal with breakfast inculded!

Wifi was a little spotty. Room was a bit on the small side, but I liked the coziness. The fan in the bathroom was really loud and went on with the light, but not a big deal. No elevator, just stairs up to rooms. One of the power plugs in the room didn't work/was super loose.

The pain doré we had for breakfast was delicious! There was a municipal parking lot nearby that wasn't too pricey, and the hotel staff helped direct us there. The location is literally a couple minutes walk from Rue Saint-Paul/Old Montreal. We could control our own room temperature. Staff was very friendly and bilingual.

Great location, paid parking lot nearby and reasonable...

TV in friends' room did not work, staff not helpful with this. Desk staff pushed bus tour coupons on us, despite our lack of interest. We didn't take the tour, but they tried to charge us the $10 at checkout if we didn't have the coupons to return!

Great location, paid parking lot nearby and reasonable priced. Good breakfast.

Thank goodness for the location!

No mini fridge, bathroom was in major need of fixing, we could hear the guest in the room above us snoring, room was hot upon entering and the restaurant is stuck in a bad time warp!! Ewww layers of carpet....

I liked the location. That's about it!

Very bad experience with this hotel:(

I'm very disappointed about this hotel,under the bed was almost everything garbage from past year, dust everywhere.Room was very small so if you have claustrophobic don't pick this hotel.Wi-fi wasn't work on third floor,we had hard problem turn tv on because cables was disconnected from router.breakfast was really small Two little pancakes 🥞 and 2 thiny slice of fruit :( That was the worst Hotel I ever saw.

The only think I like is Location of this hotel.

A bit of an endurance test
    • Standard Room with 1 double bed and 1 single bed

We changed room at our requst halfway through our 6 night stay. Rooms small, beds pushed to wall, first window had view of brick wall 4 ft away, windows don't open, air conditioning centrally provided sent blast of air onto beds from wall vents. Don't expect bedside lights, towel rails or hooks, working telephone, hairdryer in room,sink plugs or complimentary tea and coffee. Tips expected with every meal including (inclusive) breakfast.

Location in old town and close to Latin and Chinese quarters, plentiful supply of hot water, staff pleasant and helpful, cleanliness of bedroom, wi-fi. Lounge area and restaurant quite charming, though everything needs updating.

I do not recommend this place

Front desk staff were rude and unfriendly, the room was literally slanted (we could roll our water bottle down the floor like a slide, and the room cost $300! I guess the price was jacked up because of Montreal pride.

Close enough to the gay village & we were visiting Montreal for pride.

My advice is learn from my horrible experience and do not stay here!
    • Standard Room with 1 double bed and 1 single bed

I was not informed there was no ground floor and am having 2 knee replacements soon. I was told via email from the hotel there were 3-4 steps then a landing then 3-4 more steps. This was a lie, there were 20 steps in total to our 1st floor room, and no help to even take luggage up or down. When I requested a refund so I could find another hotel with a ground floor, a rude staff member named Emily said "no." My travel companion advocated for me and reluctantly she called proprieter "Harry." He informed us we could not have a refund but could have a raincheck to stay another time. Why would we want to? No compassion was showed by Emily or Harry. Thiese stairs caused a significant hardship for me, but they did not care., Abt the customers, only the money they bring. I also took a picture of a bug I shared the bathroom with in the middle f the night. One mattress was horrible and we had to both squeeze into the other bed. The curtain was off the hook at the top and would not close, so I had to pin it together with a hair clip for some semblance of privacy since apartment windows faced our room.The phone does not answer 24 hrs and the desk is not manned 24 hrs, so if you are out of toilet paper, you are out of luck. Breakfast is not served until 8, and you need to watch your step when you leave so you are not hit by a bike moments after leaving the door as the hotel is on a highway.

I liked leaving. Most of the staff were nice.

I did like nothing

Small rooms and bed, very poor and bad breakfast, Wifi connection very weak. Old building and not have elevator. The building itself is shaking when the car cross near the hotel

I did like nothing

Never again.

This hotel is not up to heal and safety standards. There was an iron burn on our hotel bed sheet. When we removed the sheet, we were horrified to find black and borne hair from previous guests. The building is beginning to lean and so our first room found our bed on an angle, with our heads on a downward slop. We tired to cancel our booking, but all the was offered was to switch to the iron burned hairy bed room. When leaving we found rubbish beneath our bed that did not belong to us. Additonally, the sink dripped, there was mold in the bathroom, and the air conditioning was broken in our room. If we did not have to be there for a wedding, we would have immediately left. I've stayed in hostels in third world counties that have been better than here. Save your money and never book with this place. I would have been more comfortable sleeping on the lovely streets of Montreal, than this historic dump.

Locations was the only positive.

Would not stay here again even at a low price. You get what you pay for.

Hotel rooms are small and dated. Washrooms lack hooks to hang towels or clothes. Restaurant breakfast includes eggs but they charge extra for bacon, sausages, cheese.... Only two kinds of beer available. Wifi is free but slow. Hotel has no elevators.

Location. Close to Port and restaurants

Sad...but adequate if you aren't fussy. The owners, an older couple were nice...
    • Standard Room with 1 double bed and 1 single bed

Outside was nice...lobby comfortable to sit on but furniture really neededcleaning or reupholstered

It wad old of course but the furniture in the rooms was really bad...not antique just in bad shape

Nothing, filthy, filthy hotel
    • Standard Room with 1 double bed and 1 single bed

Checked baggage left in an unlocked room and common area, after paying an extra fee and being assured everything would be locked up. There was hair in the bed. Sheets had not been changed between guests! The staff at the front desk acted like it was no big deal. Tooth paste on the curtains and the window ledge in the bathroom. Mold in the tub and windows. Cob webs all over. The furnishings had burn/water marks all over. The carpet was so gross! This is equivalent to or worse then a youth hostel. Do yourself a favor and pass on this awful, filthy hotel.

Nothing, filthy, filthy hotel

DISGUSTING RECEPTION AREA--DISGUSTING ROOMS--STRANGE ATTITUDE!

JUMBLED UP FURNITURE CRAMMED INTO THE ENTRANCE AREA--WITH A CORNY HANGING ORNAMENT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DOORWAY THAT HITS YOU IN THE FACE EVERY TIME YOU OPEN THE DOOR. ROOM SIZES ARE LIKE NORMAL CLOSETS. NO QUEEN OR KING SIZES AVAILABLE ON EACH ROOM. NO FOOD OPTION. PARKING BLOCKS AWAY. EXCUSE ME--NO ELEVATOR TO THE UPPER FLOORS/////???????aRE YOU KIDDING THAT THIS IS A HOTEL????????????

Absolutely NOTHING!! THE ACCOMMODATION IS A JOKE!! NO QUEEN OR KING BEDS??!! ROOMS THE SIZE OF THE AVERAGE HOME CLOSET??!! ARE YOU KIDDING THAT THIS IS ACTUALLY A "HOTEL" IN CANADA'S SECOND LARGEST CITY???!!!

Home away from home!

This quickly became like my second home with the staff as my family. Staying in this lovely old boutique hotel with its piano in the dining room made for lovely memories and enhanced my overall expierience of old Montreal. Every day I was able to walk to my conference at the Hyatt. And every day I was grateful to leave the polish and gleam of that more upscale hotel and head home to my comfy cozy one. I would pick this any day over other places with more amenities. When I am back in Montreal, I will only stay there.

Horrible. Mold, bugs, dirt, no breakfast so bad
    • Standard Room with 1 double bed and 1 single bed

There is nothing too like!. If any good reviews are on this hotel either it was different owners or they haven't stayed in many places or their own home is a disaster because to think this hotel is even close to being old world charming is a major stretch. Even the light bulbs has layers of dust on them I am sure if they were clean would have produced more lighting. I'm ok that there was no elevator it is old Montreal after all and expect some of those conveniences to be missing but WOW ! Third floor room and no offer to even help us with luggage. Thank goodness it is pretty close to the market area and nice shops and restaurants otherwise just discussed with everything from lobby, restaurant, room and staff. If this puts it in perspective let me tell you about truth to get a coffee one morning. We stayed 2 nights 250.00 a night. No parking so had to go down the street and pay another 50.00 Ok fine we r on vacation who cares right. Went into breakfast area first morning not a soul to be found. Lady was right at front desk and she just looked and walked away. I just couldn't be bothered to ask as it was clear she didn't want to deal with us. Walked out got breakfast elsewhere. Second morning, husband was going to get vehicle as the parking location was too far for us to lug our bags and thought I will get a coffee in the breakfast area while I was waiting for the car. Big mistake. I asked for a coffee and asked for it in a to go cup. The lady poured it and told me to pay for it at front desk. I kinda have a deer in headlights look. I said I'm not staying for breakfast and missed yesterday's breakfast I can't just take a coffee this morning instead. She said no u have to stay here and sit for breakfast. Wow breakfast wasn't even offered ever. I looked at her and said keep ur coffee and walked to front desk again.

It was absolutely awful! I paid 250.00 a night and did so because I already had concert tickets. It was the worst place I have stayed in ever. There was nothing to like. Staff unhelpful, never offered you the breakfast that was supposed to be included, room was dirty and small, mattress felt and sounded like the one I had as a young child when my parents were just starting out. Dust on every fixture. Mild in shower. Bugs on walls. Zero parking which I can handle.

Absolutely loved Old Montreal, breakfast at the hotel was great

A bit expensive for the quality but location and staff make up for it!

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful, just around the corner from Old Montreal!

STAY AT THE YMCA INSTEAD
    • Standard Room with 1 double bed and 1 single bed

What a disgrace! Bathroom and bedding was VERY unclean. Room was a box with both small beds pressed against the wall with 18 inches between. Had to stack upright luggage to access the bathroom. Public parking was over a block away with no load/unload area for even one car. This felt family owned. Two of the hired help were pleasant, but the 'family' was not. Do not take your wife here as she may never forgive you.

3.5
    This hotel was not value for money.

Decor was very poor. Greeting was very poor Too many problems with breakfast additions and subtractions Not very friendly The hotel seems uncared for The hotel needs to address disabled access The hotel is very expensive and not value for money.

This hotel was not value for money.

Dont make the mistake we did and stay here..worst hotel ever! Should be closed down!

Everything!

The worst hotel we have ever stayed in. The room was 3m2 in total, filthy...due to old structure and no maintenance we were not able to sleep because it was so loud from other rooms. The floor was narrow leading to the bathroom, i fell a few times. The staff is the rudest i have ever seen, we wanted to leave after thr first night as we saw that we were misslead by the photos online, and they would not give back us money for the remaining 3 nights we would not be staying there. The breakfast is a choice of coffee OR juice and two eggs, thats it! The lady came over begging for a tip even though she saw we were surprised by the low option for breakfast and very dissatisfied. Take your money elsewhere...with 18 dollars per day for parking and minimum 10 dollars for a decent breakfast elsewhere, with the price of the room you can stay at a place that will not only be more human and for people, but where they will treat you as humans. Montreal is such a great city, everything was amazing and it is a shame that we were trouble by the hotel so much that we could not have enjoyed this experince more.

Disgusting!!!!!!!

The hotel was disgusting very dirty and unclean. The bed had blood stains on the comforter. The room was incredibly small. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone or anything not even an animal. Disgusted-!!!

Nothing. This was an unbelievable let down. No elevator. Insanely overpriced. Room so small could barely walk around in it with two people. No AC. Overall felt like "hotel hell".

Towels are crunchy. TV is useless. Wifi is not accessible. Price on the booking is different from the Hotel. Its too pricey and the free breakfast is not worth at all.

Nice historical site, service could be friendlier.
    • Standard Room with 1 double bed and 1 single bed

Limited service, high price, and a little too warm. No elevators (i would have liked to be advised previous to booking).

The room was clean and ready when i arrived.

Had to ask to have room cleaned after two days and every...

Great location but not very clean

Had to ask to have room cleaned after two days and every table in the resteraunt was dirty everyday....when it was empty!

Very very convenient location for downtown Montreal

The hotel misreading the booking date and saying there was no reservation, as if it was my error despite me showing them the correct reservation email. The very tiny double room (we had to take it in turns to sit on the chair). No opaque/frosted glass on the bathroom window which meant either close the thick curtains or display yourself when sitting on the toilet ( sat down before I realised about the window... oops)

The free wifi and the cooked breakfast was a pleasant surprise.

Uncomfortable, stuffy, hot and a rip-off!
    • Standard Room with 1 double bed and 1 single bed

This was the worst experience I have ever had in a hotel! Do not make the mistake of booking it. The room was tiny, stuffy and hot, (no air conditioning and the window doesn't open!) the beds were awfully uncomfortable. At breakfast I was given a menu with prices, despite the claim of free breakfast. The server was high pressure and when my son wanted bacon, she said she would have to charge me, since only the eggs were complimentary. I have honestly never experienced such bad service. It was unacceptable. How is this even legal? Booking.com I will never use again.

The bed was comfy, the shower was amazing, the towels were...

There was no air-conditioning in the rooms so it was very hot and stuffy in the room. It was very difficult to sleep.

The bed was comfy, the shower was amazing, the towels were very soft, breakfast was great. It was a very nice historic hotel.

It was quaint and located in old town.

It wasn't maintained well. My room was very dirty when I arrived. There were no hair dryers. Staff tried to tell me I didn't know how to use one when I said it was broken...then they had no others. There was no ice. There was no access to a printer, except if you paid some whacko fee of 10 dollars per page or something.

It was quaint and located in old town. The price was reasonable. One staff was funny. Two others were not helpful at all.

Run down hotel but location was great.

Misrepresented facilities. Gym was actually off site. Rooms were very dated and not very comfortable. Not a very convenient hotel in terms of amenities and general ambience or comfort.

The location was great but the accommodation was substandard

Luckily I had many things outside of hotel that kept me busy and engaged

Cramped dirty room with furniture from the 50s, rug and curtains very old and dirty, very dated bathroom also, two very dated lamps only lighting, could easily hear sounds from other rooms. Hallway smelly.

Close to the old port part of Montreal

Overall poor poor experience

There were stains on the roof and floor. Management argued about not wanting to provide us breakfast. Said we didn't pay enough. Very confertational

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Cute but outdated

No hair dryer. No space to put my suitcase. No concierge. No lift. I had to drag my heavy suitcase up to the second floor all by myself and I really struggled. No one offered to help me.

I got a greal deal through booking.com. I paid much less than another man I met. I would not have paid $200 a night for the lack of facilities.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Location and price on point

The staff should start at 5 or 6 not 8 in the morning.

Location was excellent. The hotel is old and in need of some updating but it was clean and very affordable. I found underground parking around the corner for 17.00/per day.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

A DUMP
    • Standard Room with 1 double bed and 1 single bed

just about everything. the older staff members were rude and unhelpful. telephone in room didn't work, no internet in rooms , breakfast was terrible, room very small and no fan and no way to open a window so very stuffy, torn towels. location is terrible. 5 block walk for coffee....basically located on a major street's underpass. left early and they still charged for the day we didn't stay even though they were well aware of our dissatisfaction with their hotel. Do not stay there; a hostile is better.

the young man and women staff members were great.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Perfect location in Old Montreal for an overnight trip !
    • Standard Room with 1 double bed and 1 single bed

Rooms were a bit small. The cleanliness and size of the bathroom made up for the lack thereof in the bedroom.

Great location. Just a few blocks from Place Jacques Cartier. It's n the edge of Vieux Montreal, thus not too loud, but close enough to be in the heart of the neighborhood after a 5 minute walk. There is a restaurant connected to the hotel, but the heart of Rue St. Paul is so close we never checked it out.

Seemed like a good deal but very disappointing.

Rooms were very very hot....we changed rooms which was a little better. Cut our stay short by one night in part due heat. Also when we called a few days later to locate an item left in the room they were most unhelpful.

Location was good. Walking distance to many places of interest.

Good location, disappointing hotel.

Bedroom was far too small - it was barely big enough for a single bed, never mind a double bed. I was unable to walk around all three sides of the bed. There was no wardrobe because there wasn't room for one. Really cramped. The property is of an older type, so no there was no lift (elevator) and my room was on the third level. In addition, the breakfast was inadequate, comprising fried cubed potatoes and eggs, plus one slice of toast with butter and preserves, and coffee. Cereals were extra, as were sausage and bacon. The whole menu was separately and intricately priced. Look, why not charge a slightly higher room rate and let guests have cereal and a proper cooked breakfast? On my first morning, they had run out of orange juice. On my second morning, I asked for sausage, which as I said was extra, and I was presented with a bill at my table for $2 Canadian. On my third morning, I needed an early departure and a quick breakfast so I ordered Cornflakes. They didn't arrive within 5 minutes so I left. To top it off, the Internet was flaky at times so I couldn't get access.

Location was good, walkable to Vieux Montreal, and when I arrived the owner cooked me a fish and chips supper with salad, which was excellent quality. My double bed was comfortable and the bathroom was good.

Overall good stay

Being on the 3rd floor and having to climb 6 sets of stairs. No elevator for the 4 suitcases to drag up. And parking was a block away underground.

Unique and comfortable experience with an old school feel.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

The worst hotel I've ever stayed in

Room was very unclean and hot. No way to open windows. Hair on the pillows. No elevator. Staff was rude and hard to reach. Didn't believe me when I said I had breakfast included in the booking.

The location and that's it.

Blues and great time!

No access to a hot bath.

A peaceful, quiet area from where we can walk to the heart of amazing restaurants and multi cultural encounters. Many wine bars and new breweries in the areas. Beautiful clothing stores.Nice short walks to my conference. Simple, fresh and well presented supper and breakfast at the Blues Café!

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

location was very good.
    • Standard Room with 1 double bed and 1 single bed

No Wifi in rooms meant we had to spend a lot of time sitting in the dining room to access the Wifi. Very expensive as we were charged a tip for our room - never happened to us before.

location was very good. Walking distance from all the fab sightseing points.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Location and price was good value.

Breakfast overpriced for nothing special at all. Better to go elsewhere nearby. No soundproofing (old building) so could hear a lot of noise from neighbours.

Location and price was good value.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Try elsewhere

Good location, but there are many others nearby - check them out instead. Quite an unfriendly welcome, very cramped bedroom. Incredibly expensive and miniscule breakfast.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Great family stop over

Staff used to getting smashed very touchy about problems.

Staff really tried hard to please. Reviews totally not fair - this place is cheap tidy and friendly. The restaurant and foyer are quaint and retro stylish.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Don't ever come here!
    • Standard Room with 1 double bed and 1 single bed

Everything could've been better! Their staff wasn't the best! They over charged like crazy! My friends and I wanted them to keep our luggage for a bit after we checked out and they charged even for that! And we stayed there for 3 nights! They didn't have anyone to take up our luggage. We were on the 3rd floor and had to go up all the stairs with our luggage because they don't even have an elevator. There was hair all around the sink! We even found slippers under the bed. Clearly they don't clean the rooms properly. They didn't even clean the bedsheets. We saw stains on them! And their breakfast was terrible!!!!!! We got breakfast included in our stay but only ate it the first day! I ordered French toast and they gave me plain bread with some dead fruits and butter. And they just gave us a bill for tips. I thought tips were suppose to be optionally! They charged us 7.50 for tips for one breakfast! I will never ever return to this location! Find a different place guys! It isn't worth it!

They provided towels, shower cap, and shampoo. That's about it.

No Hot Water here

There was no hot water so no shower. Told staff and they simply said, "well its probably because other rooms used the water." Note: if you know you have a problem and dont fix, e.g. by getting an extra hot water tank, its pretty much because you dont care.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Quaint.

Remarkably small room with very out dated bedding. No closet in room. Must know there is no elevator.

Quaint. Staff were nice. Reasonable bathroom. Great location.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Fair stay

No mention of parking being down the block, unclear instructions were given. The room is portrayed bigger in pictures

We liked that the bed was comfortable, and the shower pressure

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

We would not recommend. Very disappointed
    • Standard Room with 1 double bed and 1 single bed

The place did not match the web site. The furniture was Salvation Army. Everything needs update. The rooms were tiny. Would Not recommend. Not a good value for the money.

The Location. The staff was pleasant. Nothing else

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

A hotel which should be avoided.
    • Standard Room with 1 double bed and 1 single bed

Everything. Staff at reception need to be courteous. The room does not even have a ward-rob. The hotel is overpriced. If you have the choice, avoid this hotel. They need to get a training in customer service.

Nothing. Had to stay there because all hotels in downtown were fully booked during this period.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

overpriced hotel

room was small; hotel was old; no place for the taxi to park when he let us off. we took the hotel on the recommendation of some friends; but we would not go back there. location of the hotel was at the edge of Vieux Montreal.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Very expensive, very poor facility.

They need to seriously upgrade. Paint was peeling in bathroom, sink was lopsided, there was no ventilation, no bathroom fan, windows were sealed shut, it was a small double bed. This was a very poor hotel for the amount we were charged.

Actually, nothing. It was old, dingy, small, and very poor.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Will not be back

The information on the facility needs to updated. Rooms were dark and extremely, 14" tube style TV, a sign instructing patrons to shower only no baths,the restaurant was poor, instead of croutons on the cesar salad we were provided brown toast. The wine was off....

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Great location!

Not sure, if it would fit but I missed a bar fridge.

The hotel was very close to the tour meeting place and I could go out at night and be home before it was too dark!

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

Check in is time consuming, filling out paperwork that was already done through the booking.com website. The lady at reception was neither cheerful nor helpful. Access to the room on the third floor was via stairs that are narrow and steep; there is no elevator or provisions for the disabled. The rooms (two that we were shown) are dated and cramped with nowhere to put your luggage or hang your clothes the floors are uneven and slope towards the bathroom. All aspects of the hotel are dated and run down. The location is isolated nothing we could see nearby. No refund, we were charged for the full stay as stated in their policy. If you have any physical impairment this is not the hotel for you

Nothing! After a lengthy check in and viewing the room we left to find alternative accommodation.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Hotel Champs de Mars Montreal - don't waste your money!

No parking on the property, terribly small rooms, no closet, cannot monitor your own heat/ac in the room, cannot open windows, wifi only free in lobby, miserable staff, Tv was a 12 inch that was so high in the air you needed binoculars to see it!

Great location - that is the only good thing about this hotel. Its only a few minutes

Disappointing...
    • Standard Room with 1 double bed and 1 single bed

The room was very very small. There were 3 of us and very little room to move around. The tv in the room was mounted very high in a corner and was small therefore difficult to see. There was no wifi available in the rooms and the wifi service in the lobby was patchy at best. The beds squeaked at the slightest movement and the walls were so thin we could hear conversation word for word from a room down the hall.

The location in Old Montreal was excellent.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Room a flair in old Montreal.

If you are claustrophobic, don't consider this hotel as the room is very small which the window does not open. If you are there to crash only, this room is more then comfy with shower toilet and sink.

This hotel is well situated for the Old Montreal travellers. Everything is within walking distance from the Hotel. The hotel history is quite fascinating (100 years and more) which is for you to discover.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

Vintage Hotel in Old Montreal has old world check-in

Check-in process required guests to manually fill in paper forms that completely duplicated information already sent on line. Hotel staff confirmed that they didn't read or use the forms but their full completion was nonetheless mandatory. Time consuming and pointless.

Good location for Old Montreal tourism sites

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

It was a good stay, we were happy.

Stairs

I liked everything but the stairs, because we were on second floor and sometimes it was tough to climb them. For younger people may be ok. The rooms are kind of small, but very clean😉.. I would go back there, just first floor😉. The staff is helpful. Overall very cute European style hotel.😉

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

The staff were nice, the food really good

Location is far from Saint cathraine street, no wifi in the rooms no hair dryer or mini refrigerator or even iron

The staff were nice, the food really good