Reviews of Hotel Villa 2 stars

6.2

5.9

5.7

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Very small room, and no safe in the room, but I didn’t expect one at the price. Bed was very noisy every time I moved

Clean, friendly and well priced

I really don't know why people rated so badly? The staff was really nice to us and the room was clean and nice and the bathroom was spacious. There are people partying in the night. But you can see that if you check the location. So I am not sure why there is much complain? Shops close at 2 am latest, but it gets less busy and loud way early. So if you want silent spa feeling that might be ot your place. Anyway we sleeped well! You could walk to literaly eveything! Was really cool

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

no breakfast, only a “discount” to have a breakfast in a near bistro, where service was quite bad. old furniture and equipment partly out of service very loud air-condition lift just to the fifth floor but the room was on the sixth floor

daily room service staff at the reception desk excellent location

The decor was a bit "down at heel". It could do with a freshen up with some new carpets in the public areas.

Location close to the Place D'Arts and not far from the old town. Lots of eateries close by. Reception staff were friendly and we got a free upgrade from a standard room with shared facilities to a room with our own bathroom facilities. Cotton sheets which are an increasing rarity these days! The cafe next door does a special breakfast deal for hotel guests.

Nothing. I paid 94 dollars American total. I got everything I needed for the value. Anyone complaining about this hotel needs to slap themselves in the face, pour some cold water on their head, look in the mirror and repeat, "I PAID PENNIES ON THE DOLLAR FOR MY HOTEL IN MONTREAL, THE GREATEST CITY ON EARTH," 10X.

The manager did my laundry as a courtesy. He went above and beyond for me.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel was definitely a little older and run down. I liked the old feel to it but I feel like some things could have been updated.

The staff was super friendly and accommodating. They got us in earlier for check in and made us feel very comfortable. The hotel was definitely very clean which was a plus.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

the guy in the reception was very rude fist he refused to accept me. then he claimed that the system is not working. i called the police and the poilce contacted him back then suddenly he said he will would it manually. i don't know if there was a problem or not the system as he claims but he was so rude. also the place is not clean at all i don't advise any one go to there.

The location it is very nice

The noise from the main street outside could be clearly heard at all hours.

Excellent location, within walking distance to most attractions as well as the St Laurnent metro and airport shuttle bus. Rooms were old, but clean and very spacious.

The floors were sticky/dirty, the Windows weren't sealed, no usable Windows, no air conditioning, poor set up in room (banged knees every time you went around the bed), when sitting on the bed we were afraid it was going to break. All of the furniture looked like it came from various yard sales. If there was a breakfast included we were not notified this.

We liked how close it was to the MTelus.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I did not like the fact that I did not have air conditioning stains on my blanket no bathroom in my room and the mattress had Springs protruding. I did not like the fact that it was advertised as a hotel it is more like a hostel.

I did not like anything about the hotel villa

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I was visiting a friend in this hotel the day before my stay and I was so impressed by the professionalism and the friendliness of the staff that I booked a room the next day and they remembered who I was...

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

No intercom in the room I stayed. The aircondinitional wasn't working guess this may be due to the cool weather.

I found the location so nice especially for foreign guest like me.good access to shopping malls. Not too noisy n not lonely at all.

We had no complaints.

I stayed there with my young adult daughter for 5 days. The staff was friendly and attentive, the room was clean, and the location great for us. The room was fairly small, but in my mind that came with the price, and was fine for us. As soon as my daughter saw it she smiled and said, "This is cosy". There is no air conditioning so it might be hot in mid-summer, but it was fine when we were there in early May.

The rooms are very close together and I could hear other guests in their Rooms talking and doing other things.

Pretty good location, close to downtown and main shopping area.

Rooms were underwhelming for the standards I am used to, but you get what you pay for. But again, Francis at the front desk make it all work for everyone!

The best about this place is Francis at the front desk. If you’re staying there, Francis is your man. He is the Perfect example of a true professional when it comes to an unfortunate situation. He went above and beyond to offer me and my friends with a great alternative solution to our issue that ended up in making us happy. Overall the staff was great, but again 5*+ to Francis! Location was also good. Right in the middle of everything.

The room was super small with no closet, and not 100% clean. The bed was soft and noisy. But the worst thing was the window. It wasn’t closing properly so the room was super cold and SUPER noisy (the hotel is on a very busy street, close to teathers and nightclubs). The heater wasn’t working too (and it is cold in Montreal!).

The location is good, close to the old Montreal, Chinatown and the entertainment area. TV channels were also fine.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

There was no heat in my room, the window didn't fully closed so my room was freezing, I left my key in my room and got locked out and the receptionist made me wait 3 hours on the couch for her supervisor but she knowingly had the master key to open my room the entire time. Worst place u can possibly stay at. I would of rather saved my money and slept in my car.

Leaving was the best part

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

No secondary lock on door, mini fridge buzzed loudly and woke me up, found some hair under the blanket, communal shower and toilet, elevator was broken and room was on the 6th floor.

Cheap. The staff was very friendly. At least you get a sink in the room.

I saw a bedbug on our bed and good thing I have the chance to kill it before it could bite us (maybe there are other bugs there but we did not see it).Also the linens beneath the comforter have lots of dirt that looks like its not being replaced. There was the toilet bowl also when you sit on it is movable I suggest they fix it.

Love the affordability and the staff as well as the location!

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bathroom sink would not drain.

The beds were comfortable, temperature of room good. Fairly quiet. If you are like me and only need a comfortable clean room to rest your mind and body this is a good hotel.

Hotel was great value in a good location. Not the most fancy hotel but very serviceable, it was well worth the 200CAD for three nights. The only drawback was that the walls were not super thick. Bad enough you could tell the people down the hall were having an argument/watching TV, but not so bad you could make out the details

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The bathroom could have been larger.

This is a nice and clean hotel in downtown Montreal. Definitely recommended for short and long stays. The hotel is a bit old but well maintained for sure.

had leftover food from the last occupant in the mini fridge. leaky ceiling in the bathroom.

cute room, lovely staff, big bathroom in room, great location!

Everything is GREAT about this place.

I really like the """GREAT SERVICE"" from Francois which we received while we were there. He's always such a gentleman, that your stay there is such a delight whenever he is around. He really make your stay worth while, telling you where to go, things to do and where to eat. He tell you the bargains and the events that are going on. This place is located to where you do not need a car. The price is right, the place is right, and the service is GREAT.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Its ok you get what you spend. More Money more comfort less money less ..

its in heart of city . Everything 2 mints walk . Don't need a car . Just get a monthly pass and use it in Metro BUS and TRAIN

It was noisy in some midnight because of people singing songs around the road. But that was some day some night only.

Villa hotel is in the Center and not far from metro.

There is a lift but only up to 5th floor so you have to carry all your luggages from there to 6th.

The place is well located in downtown. You can find variety of restaurants nearby. Staff were friendly. I was in the 6th floor and the room was comfortable. If you are planning to visit Montreal, it is the right place to stay.

Really small room, the bathroom door did not close easily and the whole bathroom smelt like the drain needed clearing - that smell overtook the room if the door was left open.

Friendly staff, ok location. Good wifi.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Furniture arrangement (awkwardly opening fridge), old, bulky tv (but it worked).

Very comfortable beds, fast wifi, accommodating and pleasant staff, large bathroom, elevator available, great location! Lots of places nearby to eat and shop. Noise wasn't bad at all on our side. :-)

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Didn't seem very clean, the part of town wasn't the greatest, left after two days because of bedbugs so never got to see what I went to Montreal for. Garage was expensive and lost two days of money. Personally I wouldn't recommend anyone staying there, I wish I had done more research before booking Hotel Villa. There was always people sleeping in the lobby at night, homeless people I assume.

Not much, wish I had booked the hotel I had 5 years ago, couldn't remember the name of it though. It was convenient to being downtown.

carpet on stairwell was very old and needs to be replaced. ventilation bad in hallways and stairwells, smell of pancakes from restaurant below.

central location, natural light in bedroom, charm of old building

From the lobby to the hallways to the room all were worn and especially the lobby was cluttered. The furniture in the room reminded me of growing up poor in the 1950's.

Staff was friendly and helpful an all spoke English & French.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The hotel can do with an overall update given its fantastic location in downtown Montréal. There is only one shared bathroom on the 5th floor and it can complicate things in the morning.

Great location downtown, it cannot get any better than this - 2 mins walk to St. Laurent Metro station and the STM bus from the airport drops you off 5 min away on Boul. René-Lévesque. The restaurant on the ground floor, Gauffre Mignonne, is very handy for brekkie or coffee, with 10% off on food for hotel guests.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

It is situated right beside a stage/concert hall/club. You can hear the music quite clearly at night.

The beds were amazing! Despite the small atmosphere and below average star rating it was well taken care of, very clean, and had one of the greatest hotel locations that you could ask for (half a block from the metro, and 15 minute walk in any direction from all the main Montreal "sites"). Fantastic value for the money!

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Booked a room with private bathroom. But it becomes a shared bathroom. After discussing with the friendly staff, a private bathroom was assigned but it is outside of the room. Booking.com, please make sure information accurately aligning with the facilities.

Excellent location. Helpful and friendly staff.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Doors didn't automatically lock when you leave your room and also wouldn't lock with keys be aware of this

Access to so many breakfast locations

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

For the price, there should have been a bathroom. We shared a bathroom with the other rooms on the same floor. The room was tiny. Incomplete repairs evident throughout the building.

The location was good. Right downtown in Montreal. Walking distance from many sites and shopping. Staff were helpful and friendly.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was noisy. Cleaning truck passed by in the middle of the night. We could hear people on the street talking. The interior is old and the beds creak.

The location is within walking distance to a lot of attractions and restaurants. Staff were friendly.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

While we had no problems and loved the location in general, it has active night life that may not appeal to everyone?

I like the location. Friendly very helpful staff. The room was larger than in many more luxurious hotels and we had a fridge without having to ask for one. The restaurant associated with the Hotel had lovely fresh made food...some organic and the nicest friendliest staff! This was our first time staying at this Hotel and will return. It was a pleasant surprise!

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

There is parking accross the street or in an underground car park for $21 for 24 hours. The driving in Montreal is extremely confusing and frustrating so be prepared!

Great location downtown Montreal near the Old Town and the more touristy section of Montreal. About a 5-10 minute walk to the Notre Dame. The young guy on the front desk was friendly and was able to answer any questions we had. The rooms were clean and came equipped with a fridge, towels, soaps/shampoos, and Air Conditioning. There are 2 bathrooms per floor to share. We woke up early and did not encounter any issues with this. You cant get a better deal anywhere else Montreal!

Noise, not clean, weird furniture, uncomfortable bed, unsafe electrics (bare wires exposed), window unable to close as air conditioning unit is put in there, with bits of wood around it. If a Travelodge is a 6/10, I would give this 1/10. I didn't complain as I had read the trip advisor reviews which showed that many complaints were dealt with badly and i needed a room in Montreal for a few days for work.

Nothing - apart from location, this hotel was horrible. Do not stay here if you can afford not to.

The customer services

I didn't like anything about Montreal hotel villa !!! The worse customer services ever and I will never come back here again !!!

the AC did not work, the rooms were too small, they did not have an elevator to the 6th floor, smokers were present even if they said no smoking, beg bugs, washroom water stinks

location was good, everything was nearby

A better TV. Rare to see the old type of TV and not a flat screen nowadays.

the staff, Hetem and Safiq at the reception desk were extremely helpful and courteous. the bed was very comfortable and the location amazing. Right there for the festival Just for Laughs and walking distance to the Latin Quarter, Rue St Denis and the Old Montreal. Thank you.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

They could have put a few more bath towels in the bathroom Thats all - everything else very pleasant !!

The location is the best you could ask for ! everything in walking distance We could park our car across the street - on the weekend music all evening comes right in the bathroom window as I was getting ready - live performers It was truley amazing I will come back for SURE and stay again - I am telling my friends about this location

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The bathroom was very messy. The hotel was noisy because it's right by the road. The air conditioner didn't work.

I hate this place. I would not recommend to anyone.

The only thing I didn't like: it was noisy, and its not for families with little children to enjoy, because on the weekends could be noisy until 3 AM at night.

Pillows were soft and comfy, as well as a comforter and sheets. Location is very convenient and close to all restaurants, museums, activities and Notre Dame Basilica. Can not be any better than this. Everything is close by: Wonderful for young people and couples to stay!

The room was quite old, noise from the street and old TV.

Good location, near to the Event Center where the Mondial de la Biere took place. Good shower and the bed wasn't bad.

-Very tiny room, tiny washbassin -Very unstable piece of furniture behind our bed -The door couldn't perfectly close, there was always a tiny gap on the side.

-Very good location near metro station and in the center of Montreal. Place des arts (and all its festivities) was a few meters further.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Noisy at night because close to night time entertainment. Not really a problem if you are there for the nightlife. Decor and furniture in need of an uplift.

Great location in the centre of the entertainment quarter. Next door to a Brunch Restaurant, which served fruit laden pancakes and waffles. Not too expensive.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

You paid what u get for, even that the price was high for what you get. Paid the room upon checkin, never seen that. The room was so small. The floor was dirty, didnt want to take my shoes off. Tv recpetion sucks. The bathroom pole for the shower was broken in half, but taped together. I was scared of moving the curtain, it will fall. A deposit of 5$ for the key .( really) . Not enough pillow. The iron and the blow dryer wasnt in the room . The both mirror was dirty. The only good thing it was close to my building i had to go too. I dont recommend this place to anyone.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Room was very small and not soundproof, but overall it was quite nice for the price and location.

Staff was nice, very good location and convenient. It was a very last minute booking (we booked only 30 minutes beforehand), but everything was fine!

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Power was out both mornings when I woke up. No notice was given and no explanation or anything given as compensation. Room was much smaller than expected and TV didnt work. Bed wasn't very comfortable.

Great location. Decent room. Good price.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

it was dirty, not fresh there was a sweaty dirty smell and this is when we first arrived so the room should have been clean

location was good. Price was cheap for area and the fact that it was the long weekend and MTL celebrating 375.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Mmmmm...i cant think of any, you can't ask alot for the price you pay. You get what you pay for but with staying at hotel villa. It was just perfect for our budget and location was tres bien. 👍🏼🤗

The staff were great especially the manager, the manager was very accomodating. The location was perfect for the price we paid, it wAs awesome.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The neighbourhood was very bad, guests had 3 power outages, shared a very distdirty bathroom with strangers, not able to close the door of the rooms, there are bedbugs, the staff was unfriendly and behaving very strange to my colleagues which made them feel very uncomfortable.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

We had a big bathroom but nowhere a table or something like that to put our things on it.

We had a big room with a lot space. Its close to a metro station. Next to the hotel is a restaurant for breakfast. If you need a taxi to the airport the help you to order one.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

This is not a luxury hotel, you wouldn't expect it was for the price. It is however a lovely large room with plenty of space (stayed in two double bed room), loads of space actually and a very large bathroom. Four friends could easily stay here on a shopping or nightlife weekend and have ample space to all get ready at the same time. Location is Fantastic, breakfast can be bought downstairs in a beautiful cafe. Our bed linen was fully changed after our first nights stay (which wasn't necessary at all, thank you) full clean and fresh towels. really enjoyed our stay. parking was very safe; $21 per day key deposit of $5 on check-in returned on check-out free wi-fi very good

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Very noisy. Noise coming from heater in room all night and noise coming from street at night and finally noise from a jack hammer the following morning. We had a lot of heavy luggage and the lift only went to the fifth floor, we were on the sixth. We were probably in a poor room since we booked through Booking.com. Shared bathroom also had a bad smell.

Location was good.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

All rooms are has to have a washroom and whatever they shouldn't tell me that I have to Pay more money to get another room with washroom if I knew this before I wouldn't come to that place also all stuff are so old they have to change the tv we re in 2017 also they have to clean stairs are as well thank u so much

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

No room service Old furnitures and amenities No breakfast and kitchen options Unsatisfactory and poor customer service

Pay attention: location is the only positive aspect of this hotel.

1. Front desk personnel tried to manipulate our reservation to do multiple booking after we already checked in. 2. Housekeeping crew are careless about the comfort of the visitors. They are loud and extremely noisy starting early morning. You can never have a good sleep. 3. Neighbourhood is very noisy during midnight and until early morning. You can never get a good sleep. 4. Premise is old and not well maintained, furniture, beds and flooring are squeaking. 5. Hot water takes long time to reach the sink and shower. 6. Bed covers are not fresh, the hotel might be reusing same sheets for different visitors.

Close to Old Port

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I chose this hotel because my friend and I wanted to have a place to crash in for a weekend. Worst mistake ever!! I would not suggest this hotel to anyone. We checked in and one hour later we checked out. We did not even last an hour , first of all the room is tiny, the bathroom is shared with with the whole floor and it's not clean. The elevator did not go all the way to our room, we heard a lady having loud sex in the other room and we had a creepy neighbor that knocked on our door to introduce himself. Who does that in an hotel? So i would not recommend this hotel but if you're up to sleeping next to the sink in disgusting sheets, going to the washroom shared by everyone, listening to other people having sex and talking with your creepy neighbor then this is the hotel for you.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Parking is expensive and there's none at this hotel. The place is a little old and run down. The budget room was very small, big enough for 1 person. There was too much furniture in the room.

The location was great. I got a good price as I got a last minute deal. They are doing some renovations.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The badroom was pretty small and we stayed in the 5th floor with no elevator. We don't have problems of moving but, we had suitcases weighing more than 30kg each to carry up and down all alone. That was not at all a good experience.

The price was quiet reasonable and the hotel is really well located. Besides that, we liked the fact of the bathroom wasn't the American pattern like (without the bathtube) and it was clean. We also liked that there was a front desk agent who helped us leting us to keep our luggage in the hotel after the check out until the evening, when we're supposed to leave Montreal.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

I like almost everything; Staff was more than nice and soooo helpful, Room was very clean and quite, location was excellent, Wifi was so good, hotel transportation was just at ur request in no time, business center facility provided also in a prof. way, all of that made a very good value for money.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Towels were full of hair, even when we asked for new ones those were full of hair too. Pillows and sheets also. After we complained about the hair to the front desk, they were impolite and told us we are the only one who complain. We were unable to open the window as it was taped with a duct tape. There was cold air coming through it (we visited in December). Rooms are way smaller then what they look like in the pictures. They also smell weird. There was rust rust in the bath and shower curtains smelled mouldy. There is a lot of noise from the outside. Hallways and stairs are very dirty with a lot of dust.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Did not like this place at all. Stayed only one night because my husband and I got a room that was the size of a closet with a sink and a mini fridge. The bathroom was shared so we had to walk down the hall just to use the bathroom. So it was more like a HOSTEL instead of a hotel. No matter what they tell you parking is NOT free!! It will cost you 21$ in the parking lot in front of the hotel. There is also a 5$ deposit for the room key which is an actual key so don't loose it. Our experience was very poor and will likely not stay here again.

The only good thing about this place is the location. Walking distance to a lot of place and some night life right on the same street. Chinatown is a couple of blocks away and the water front is about a 20 minute walk or so where there's a market and a few other things to sightsee.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

There was no place to place the soap bar in the shower, but we figured that it would fit on the handle. There was no do not disturb sign, not that it matters so much, just don't want our room being made since we are only staying for 2 nights, such a waste of resources (such as changing the soap bar for only being used a few times, and new plastic cups). The elevator was out of service during our stay, which we have to climb 5 floors to our room

Excellent location, very close to St. Laurent station, super convenient if you have the 3 day metro pass. The walls are very not sound proof, we could hear next door coughing in the day and moaning by night, which could be very good for couples but not so good for family with kids. crepe downstairs is delicious.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Elevator was broken, had to use a shared bathroom outside of the room, walls were thin and I was kept awake by people in the next room, street outside was noisy even at 3am (bar/club area). Also i had to park my car with a 3rd party across the street. This is all acceptable, because of the price and the unique experience.

It was quaint and unique, in an interesting location.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

I thought it was fine. I would stay there again.

good price. bed was comfy. I was only there working a event for a few days. I'm also not picky. I thought it was great for the value.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Fire alarm was ringing every 15 seconds at 2 am like if batteries needed to be changed, makes it impossible to sleep all night. I had to ask the staff to do something in the middle of the night, told me the problem was known but could not do anything about it. Plus, it was really noisy, I could hear what was going on outside as if my windows were open.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Our room was not very clean, there was no parking at the hotel, and the room I was shown upon booking online was nowhere near the room I was given when we arrived.

The location was really the only good thing about this hotel. It's right in the busy section of Montreal and cheaper than the other hotels in the area

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The hotels needs to be updated. It needs proper cleaning. The rooms are to small and the walls are paper thin. There was no running HOT water until the next day, so no night showers. The elevator was old and scary and stopped with a big bang/jump and then you had to step up to get out of the elevator. The mattress was soft but it sits on the bed frame (no box spring) and the frame is cheap and when the beds moves the frame falls apart. They offer no breakfast with the room and oh ya you have to share the bathroom with the others people who are on your floor. Its kinda feels like you are at a college dorm for the night.

The location to the event was great.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Do not be deceived by the photos of this hotel. The rooms are far more outdated than they may seem. I had the pleasure of staying in '601', which I was aware was a shared bathroom between TWO rooms, and not two bathrooms for the ENTIRE floor. After hauling my 30kg suitcase up a flight of EXTREMELY narrow stairs (because the lift does not reach the sixth floor), I arrived at a room which I can only assume had not been cleaned for a while, a lot of dust and a surprisingly amount of small black curly hairs. After sitting in the room for little under 5 minutes there were some VERY very loud noises, which I thought would pass. It turns out that the elevator mechanism sat right next door to my room, wonderful. This noise continued well into the night resulting in a very restless sleep.

Staff were very friendly, and you could be in the middle of downtown in under 5 minutes walking. Hotel also had wifi.

Browse Hotel Villa traveller photo gallery