Reviews of Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour 4 stars

728 Humboldt Street, V8W 3Z5 Victoria, Canada

#16 of 52 hotels in Victoria

I will definitely return here again, and also recomment The Marriott to friends and co workers.
    • Guest Room

a very comfy bed, pillows and bedding. I liked the bath products, and the shower was well functioning. The attention by staff was excellent, both in the restaurant and in the lobby. Being a group of 10, one being our 80 year old mother, we enjoyed the valet parking, the help with luggage, and even the offer of tea and coffee to go after our breakfast. So many attentive details!! Thank you.

Great break from regular life!

Nothing, it was amazing

The room was luxurious and comfortable. The bed was soft and the water pressure in the shower was perfect. The breakfast buffet blew my mind. My partner and I ate there both days and were not disappointed

In booking.
    • Superior Room

In booking.com I chose an option of 2 queen beds, but they gave me 1 king instead and said they do not receive option selection from booking.com. therefore you seriously need to fix your processes

amazing!!!!!!

Not one thing!!!

The location was perfect, walking distance to everthing touristy! My hubby and i went to Victoria to celebrate his 50th birthday. The marriot was amazing. Clean, comfortable, quiet and they even sent up a piece of bday cake for him. All the staff were super friendly and welcoming!! I would definately stay here again :)

It was nice but I won't be staying here again.
    • Superior Room with Balcony

We reserved a room with a King Bed and balcony which costs more. When we arrived they put us in a room with 2 double beds and a balcony. I called down to the front desk and she was not that accommodating but did state they will change our room but it wont have a balcony. Which I did not understand since this is what I reserved and prepaid for. Once we got to our new room it did have a balcony which really did not matter because there where no chairs or table on it to enjoy it.

Pleasant experience overall
    • Guest Room

The keys for the room/elevator did not work well and we missed our floor/ went to the wrong floor a few times. The rooms are dated- looks like the place is getting old. Bathrooms could use an upgrade. Doors between rooms (adjoining rooms) are paper thin. Could hear TV, talking and snoring of people in room next to us.

Staff were so friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet selection was fantastic. Beds were comfy. Gym was well equipped (but could use spray bottles to wipe down equipment after use).

the view and friendly room service staff and the bathroom.
    • Guest Room

the staff is a little too friendly to the point of being fake, it would be better if it was more natural and laid back. the pillows were not comfortable but I usually can only have a good sleep on my own anyway.

the view and friendly room service staff and the bathroom.

Great service from the staff at the hotel
    • Guest Room

I had the breakfast buffet package which was not the good . The egss were the only items that were made fresh to order .The pancakes, French toast , hash browns etc were all frozen.

The staff was excellent . Went out of their way to assist in questions we had.

It was good. But too expensive for the wet time of year.
    • Guest Room

Your restaurant could use a bit more class for dinners. Maybe dress it up a bit like use tablecloths..... felt like any fast food place. I had looked forward to some ambiance.

The location was perfect for the Victoria Marathon
    • Superior Room

Bed was uncomfortable, food was pricey so ate out, no extra parking near by for my children to visit, our room wasn't ready when we got there asked for a late check out after the marathon to shower we were denied 😡

The location was perfect for the Victoria Marathon

Very nice hotel and great location to walk around Victoria!
    • Guest Room

We had the free breakfast which was for two adults. My daughter was 14 and had to order off the menu which was not worth it for the amount of food she eats for breakfast. kids 11 and under eat free.

Staff was very friendly and helpful!

Loved our Stay here - would choose this hotel again!
    • Guest Room

Clean and comfortable room, great view and location, friendly and helpful staff, no problems experienced, fun place to be in center of Victoria Inner Harbor area.

Overall it was a descent experience for the price.
    • Guest Room

Although many rooms have balocony, we were stuck in a room w/o and no view which was disappointing.

The room was clean, the bed was plush and comfy. The hotel is located close to the downtown area for walking.

We enjoyed our stay and found the location very accessible to downtown Victoria for touristing!
    • Superior Room

We notified the front desk staff as we left that the fan in the bathroom did not work when we switched on the lights. The staff indicated they would look into it. Do you know if we did not understand how the fan worked or if it was not working during our stay? It was a minor challenge as after my shower the room air went back to normal quickly.

We found the room very comfortable and given the heatwave the room was blessedly cool and no breeze from the air conditioning. Valet was prompt when we left.

We really enjoyed our stay at the property!
    • Guest Room

We really enjoyed our stay at the property! The staff were great and very helpful. I reserved the room for 2 adults and 2 kids. At check- in they told us that only the 2 adults have free breakfast included but I explained that I had written that the room is going to be occupied by 2 adults and 2 kids and they accepted my condition and gave us 2 extra vouchers for breakfast.

Victoria: a place to invigorate your senses!!!!!!
    • Guest Room

That we could not stay longer!!!

Everything, location, view from room, pleasant staff and Happy Birthday O'Canada. We look forward to a return visit!!!

Excellent hotel.
    • Superior Room with Balcony

Small things but they need a proper coffee machine to make good lattes. Also why do they need a voucher system for breakfasts. Giving the room number in most hotels is sufficient.

Staff were very helpful and efficient.

Breakfast was included.
    • Guest Room

Booking in was not as smooth as it should be, it was pointed out to me that I had not confirmed our booking directly with the hotel.

Breakfast was included.

Affordable luxury in the heart of downtown Victoria
    • Guest Room

No complaints about this property. Everything was to my liking.

Full service hotel with friendly and accommodating staff, great location, whatever amenities one might want, comfortable room, nice bathroom, aromatherapy toiletries, and a reasonable restaurant. I would stay here again. Good value for the money.

Each day was fantastic. Great staff with a great restaurant option.
    • Guest Room

Breakfast, runny scrambled eggs.

Convenience. Great Staff. Gave me parking pass but charged me 30.00 and we had to share a space for our motorcycles. 2 days for 30.00 after paying for the hotel I felt a bit much. They had almond milk as I am Lactose intolerant That was fantastic!

Excellent hotel

Happy with everything.

Excellent location, within walking distane of all downtown attractions. Very clean room with comfy bed and no extra cost for tea/coffee facilities, safe and refrigerator. Pleasant, helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Conveniently located in downtown Victoria but no hotel...
    • Guest Room

It was expensive just for a place to sleep.

Conveniently located in downtown Victoria but no hotel shuttle to the airport or breakfast provided with the room rate. Would rather stay in a B&B.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

We came down for my son's 8th birthday and had the best...
    • Guest Room

We came down for my son's 8th birthday and had the best experience for there first time hotel visit. The staff was incredibly friendly and very welcoming they even surprised him with a peice of cake to our room. Completely made his day! Will definitely recommend this hotel and will forsure go back. Thanks you for making my kids first hotel experience amazing!!

Pampering getaway.
    • Guest Room

I enjoyed everything about the place. I did have problems with my lock but the staff was right on it. The staff were all very friendly. Simply a well run machine.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Great location and very welcoming!
    • Guest Room

The shower wall wasn't completely cleaned. There was hair on the wall. Also, the tub was slippery and no anti-slip grip mat was provided. My toddler son slipped and fell in the tub, but luckily he was ok.

It was a friendly and welcoming hotel. The staff were helpful and very kind. The breakfast buffet was amazing! We also really liked the location, as it's central to downtown Victoria. Will definitely stay there again!

New Years 2017 in Victoria
    • Superior Room with Balcony

10 little kids in the hot tub and running around between the pool and hot tub. Jumping and splashing. Parents right there in the hot tub laughing. None of the kids were over 7. Not able to relax and enjoy the hot tub or pool.

Friendly staff. Very clean. Great location. Walk or bus everywhere.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Loved Our Stay at Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour
    • Guest Room

We received excellent customer service from the person that checked us in and the staff. We felt very welcomed during our stay. Received a great room rate. We enjoyed our dinner at Fire & Water. Our friend really enjoyed her clam chowder soup!

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

Disappointing.
    • Guest Room

The room should have been cleaner. The bathroom in particular was poorly cleaned, a long hair in the bath, a nail clipping on the floor and a badly cleaned hand basin all were unacceptable. The breakfast wasn't up to the standard in other Marriot's I have stayed in.

The location was good, the staff helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Central location
    • Superior Room

Staff very impersonal and not friendly or interactive. For the room we were assigned considering the time of year, I had thought we would get room with a bit of a view at least.

The location was very central.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

We will return
    • Superior Room with Balcony

A little less of everything (amenities) in the room. You have to ask front desk. Did not get Marriott points for visit.

Great staff. Quiet location but still very close to the action.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Staff were very friendly and accommodating.
    • Superior Room with Balcony

The mattresses in our room were lumpy and sunken in a little.

Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Bathroom was spacious and the bath was very comfortable for a soak. Rooms were very clean and nicely decorated.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

at breakfast we were seated in a less welcoming area where a...
    • Guest Room

at breakfast we were seated in a less welcoming area where a tour guide was loudly discussing day plans with a group of customers (noisy family/kids). There were definitely better places for a couple like us, but apparently this was less convenient to the service and we just did not bother to complain. if this is not picked up..well...that than says all about service attention by the hotel (mgt). individual staff members were not at all to blame.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

We bought our museum tickets at the hotel, same price, but...
    • Guest Room

Breakfast are is very dark and quite small, so not very enjoyable. No so many options and they charge extra for latte coffe!!!

We bought our museum tickets at the hotel, same price, but very simple.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

Great hotel, could use new furnishings.
    • Guest Room

The furniture was a little old and worn.

Excellent suite which included access to the concierge lounge for breakfast, appetizers and dessert. Right in the inner harbor. The suite was very spacious.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

Great location, behind the Empress.
    • Superior Room

Great location, behind the Empress. Walk to inner harbour, walk to shops on Government, walk to Chnatown. Even walk to Beacon Hill Park When one staff member heard it was our anniversary, they sent us complimentary sparkling wine and chocolates to congratulate us. It was unexpected and very sweet of them.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

A super stay in Victoria
    • Guest Room

Pool a little dated. Bike rentals would be great!

Super location. We loved the breakfast buffet...especially the waffle station! We had such a good time here we will definitely return. It was a couple of minutes walk to the inner harbour.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Worst hotel in Canada...
    • Guest Room

You charged me + 400.00 Cad to move my room another day...the AC in room 510 rattles and keeps you awake...I was just just glad to leave...

The people and checking out!

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Great place to stay.
    • Guest Room

The bed could have been softer.

The location was great, were able to walk everywhere. The kids enjoyed the pool too. The front desk clerk was very friendly.

The hotel is centrally located to all activities and attractions. Great stay.
    • Guest Room

Location, room overall was great, clean and quiet. The employees were extremely friendly and helpful.

spacious room with comfortable bed, close to ferry terminal...
    • Superior Room

price per night could have been lower

spacious room with comfortable bed, close to ferry terminal and major attractions, very good breakfast

Quiet, bright and comfy
    • Guest Room

Large room, wall widows and a balcony

Good hotel
    • Guest Room

Friendly staff and posh feel

Great stay. Would return.
    • Superior Room

Great location. Good price for room. Nice staff. Lovely bar and great room. Very comfy beds.

Clean close to the action

Clean close to the action

Will not happen again

Extremely expensive

Bed was good

it was really good for staying and travel.
    • Guest Room

it was really good for staying and travel.

Great value for money and central location!
    • Guest Room

Wish there was a microwave in the room.

We were upgraded to a room on the 12th floor without even asking!

No thing

It was a good stay not an excellent one.
    • Guest Room

Television choice limited. Towels had run out at the pool.

Staff were very good!

Breakfast included

Breakfast included

Facilities

Perfect location to wander around Victoria and the harbour
    • Guest Room

A little expensive but for downtown Victoria not outrageous

Location excellent

Stay in Victoria

Little expensive.

Nice staff. Good breakfast. Good location.

Enjoyable
    • Superior Room

limited parking, had to park on the street. Room cold even with heat turned up.

Helpful staff

Great pool.
    • Guest Room

Great pool. Nice location.

Friendly helpful staff, comfortable room, excellent location.
    • Guest Room

Friendly helpful staff, comfortable room, excellent location. We were downtown, yet the rooms were quiet.

The breakfast is simple but awesome.

The breakfast is simple but awesome. The self made waffle does make delicious waffles, my kids love it!

Close to all in victoria by foot

Excellent location and food

Wi-fi

Wi-fi

Was a weekend ‘get- away’ with my wife. Excellent value, service, accommodations and location.
    • Guest Room

Unexpected room upgrade. Very friendly and helpful staff. Excellent location. Major attractions all within walking distance.

moo

moo

the room

the room

Great stay.
    • Superior Room with Balcony

In room robes could do with replacing but are still nice.

Great location - walking distance to most attractions, comfortable room & great service.

good location, friendly staff.
    • Guest Room

no toothbrush, slippers had to be requested.

good location, friendly staff.

Enjoyed Victoria
    • Guest Room

Love the King size bed an linens.

We were pleasantly surprised with the delicious breakfast...
    • Superior Room with Balcony

We were pleasantly surprised with the delicious breakfast buffet. There were so many different options- our kids really enjoyed the waffle maker.

Good customer service, clean & close to everywhere.

Service

WE WOULD STAY THERE AGAIN IF EVERT IN VICTORIA.
    • Superior Room

THE DINING AREA COULD BE A LITTLE MORE LIGHT AND AIRY. IT'S A LITTLE TOO DARK.

THE BED WAS PERFECT!

It was like a 3 star, mostly clean but old and uncomfortable bed and bedding, overall ok but too pricy!

Too pricy for the value

Clean

Proximity to the Conference Centre was perfect
    • Guest Room

That sanitary items weren't stocked in the convenience store.

Laundry room was a bonus. Great swimming pool.

Only a 5 minute walk to the harbor.
    • Superior Room with Balcony

The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were very nice.

Central location, good accommodating staff, lovely rooms

Central location, good accommodating staff, lovely rooms

Marriott in Victoria, BC
    • Superior Room

Location was awesome. Room was very nice, had a pool and staff was great!

Friendly and helpful staff, good location.
    • Guest Room

Friendly and helpful staff, good location..

Happy