Reviews of Edward Hotel North York 3 stars

185 Yorkland Blvd, North York, M2J 4R2 Toronto, Canada

#114 of 133 hotels in Toronto

Room is fine but expensive, WiFi is poor

WiFi is very flakey, it's works most of the time, but cuts out a lot. In-room air conditioner/heater works fine but is noisy. Third-floor room has an "excellent" view of the roof air conditioners and not much else, which is uninspiring. Rate charged seems expensive (but it was the only hotel in the area we needed to be).

Microwave and fridge (albeit a tiny one) were welcome. Fancy shower fixture is nice.

Hotel was BAD
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Poor room-bad smell Nowhere for luggage except on tv stand-then blocked TV Lighting was? Switches for NO lights. Water on floor Minimal towels No clock No extra pillows for pullout sofa bed Question if new linens on sofa bed No outlet for coffee machine-had to carry over to bathtub area to plug in Had to go find wait staff to give them my breakfast voucher Food @ breakfast buffet was cold( eggs, sausage,pancakes,beans)

Not much Location to major Highways

The hotel itself is great. Comfortable suite(minus the bed) but overall not too bad.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bed wasn’t comfortable. There was no fan in the bathroom for circulation. Not enough outlets and the lightening wasn’t great.

The staff were amazing. The restaurant was lovely.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Great rooms,super clean, attentive responsive staff. We hope to enjoy the pool and food next time

An early check-in would have helped us out. It is a two hour drive into the city from where we liveand it would have been great to rest up and have lunch before going to the clinic.

Good location for a medical overnight stay. Great staff who responded to our lack of cold water by apologizing and offering breakfast coupons for our next stay. We'll be back in 8 weeks. Love the black sparkly counters and backsplash. Feels very Lux.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Not the best but manageable

The bathroom should have been cleaner. Location was iffy. Elevator was way too slow. Towels were under par.

Shower was Fantastic, 3rd floor, as soon as we got instructed on how to turn them on.

Nice rooms but lacking hotel amenities.

It is stated on booking.com that there is room service available, unfortunately this is not the case. My husband and I bought a bottle wine and figured we could enjoy it in the room, but when we called down for wine glasses they said that they didn't do room service. There were no actual glasses/mugs in the room so we were stuck with take out coffee cups, make due with what you got! The location is also quite a distance from the core of Toronto.

The room was of decent size and the bed was very comfortable, also the shower was of great quality. We were given breakfast tickets free of charge, so we thought that was a very courteous gesture from the front desk assistant.

nice enough - will stay again

breakfast could have been included and halls should be cleaner

Rooms were very nice but halls were not! dirty stained carpet and paint on stairwells need to be redone.

Beautifully renovated and excellent staff.

Directions for where rooms are located were missing at the elevators.

The hotel has hits and misses. The Front Desk staff were very polite and professional, an early checkin requested and they were very helpful and made sure a room was ready. The room was very nice and the bathroom had beautiful fixtures however there were several different types of hair on the counter and on the floor, hopefully this was only because they rushed cleaning the room to be ready early which was very important. Overall I would stay here again and would recommend it to others!

Reasonable accommodations for the price.

The hotel seems to have a mixed usage. Part of the hotel is your normal hotel, but part of the hotel seems to be allocated to refugees. There are many foreigners and kids running around. There is no free breakfast provided.

The room was appointed pretty well. The staff was pretty helpful.

Staff was helpful and friendly, all service was prompt.

The rooms were decent, but common areas (hallways, stairwells, elevators) could definitely use some sprucing up and cleaning. Pool was nice, but very slippery floors!

Staff was helpful and friendly, all service was prompt. Rooms were nice, had a small but lovely bathroom. Enjoyed the pool.

I found my first room was not good ( not to go into detail...

I found my first room was not good ( not to go into detail but key cleanliness components had been missed). The staff was great about moving me to a different room but there was no sort of compensation offered of any kind to make up for the hassle. Also, while the air conditioning in the room was great, the industrial sound was so loud that I had a raging headache the next morning! If I turned off the unit then I could hear the neighbors and with an early business meeting , not my favorite experience in the least

Would stay there again if we do not bring our pets.

At the restaurant, I had to ask for bacon and cream cheese. One of the guests from Quebec commented that things should be available to everyone. This happened everyday. Scrambled eggs were overdone one day. The chocolate chip muffins were hard. We reserved before the policy changed for pets but was honored after several calls and updates with the booking partner and hotel but they doubled the pet rate. The partners should have been notified that pets are no longer allowed because up to mow the websites still show Edward Hotel as pet friendly.

The staff was accommodating,friendly. The rooms are clean and well done everyday. The restaurant layout is very nice. Free parking is a very good bonus.

Do not ever stay here!!!!!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Dirty hotel ,dirty smelly room ,the room lock did not work the breakfast looked terrible in a dirty lounge

We did not like anything about this place. It smelled like people were cooking awful food all night long. No pillow cases, no soap. It seems like people live there and are angry you are there

We chose this hotel specifically for its location and it was fine.

Offensive graffiti, elevators crowded with unaccompanied children - often had to wait for second elevator - kids pulled fire alarm as a prank and had to vacate hotel.

SHower was amazing - room was comfortable

Overall nice hotel for the money.

Heard noses coming from the wall behind the bedside stand. Looked under the stand and bed, there was a piece of trash under the bed and it was dusty with some crumbs under the bedside stand. The main part of the room was clean. We stayed two nights, and when they re-stocked our towels we didnt get any wash cloths. The hallway carpets were stained.

Higher quality than expected for an older hotel.

I felt like I was in an apartment building

Seems as if I rented an apartment building

The property was good but construction going and seem to be running like an apartment building with random ppl walking around or seems to be living there

Fast and easy way to scam clients

I booked 2 nights, by myself, last minute to go to Toronto to take care of my elderly grandmother. The first morning I was there, the cleaning lady walked in around 9am and started cleaning my room while I was still in the bathroom doing my make up. Ok.... she was in a rush. The next night around 11-12pm, someone was smoking on my level , and the smell was coming in threw the ventilation. Kind of irritating, but didn't bother calling reception, I was trying to sleep. The next morning left early, thinking that my security deposit would be unfrozen within 5 days as usually hotels do. Used 1 towel, used 1/2 of a king bed, and didn't even move the pen and paper on the desk. Surprise.... 3 weeks later still no redeposit. Called the hotel, only to find out that they assumed that since my room smelled of smoke when I left, that I was smoking during my stay. So they kept the garantie deposit of 200$. I am a non smoker, and have never smoked my entier life!!!! This was and is a false accusation , probably to fraud clients once they have left, then having no way of proving their innocence. It took many phone calls, to managers, Booking, front desk, and again to mangers to finally get a promise of reimbursement.... we'll see in 5 days. By the way, they still claim that I was smoking , but would give me my money back since they had no physical evidence.... naturally, there wasn't any to find!!! Don't even go to this hotel.... so not worth the head ache and trouble. Besides, when you calculate the +200$ that they keep at the end, you might as well go to a nice well known 5star hotel for the same price.

Dirty
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff not willing to help. Requested pull out couch, didn't get one until we complained. Front desk was not willing look for a room with a pull out. One employee showed initiative and helped.restaurant disorganized. Bar did not have any of the choices on he menu. Young children running around. unattended. Many young children. Almost like the hotel is being rented for other purposes

Second room was nice.

Whatever’s

Too hot; school group in next room was noisy; shower too complicated to turn on; pool and fitness hours were too short—- need to open at 6am to be useful!

Decor

Good, but unfortunate that there were smokers and loud guests beside me

It’s a non smoking facility but despite that guests were smoking in their room and it filled my room with cigarette smoke through the walls— I was basically sleeping in their ash tray.

Staff were friendly and bed was nice

I was disappointed to say the least.

When i arrived i was given a menu with several items marked with a pen indicating they were not available. I asked the server for a glass of wine, she returned about 10 min and informed me there was no wine. I do not know Toronto but since wine is the only thing I drink I went out to find the nearest LCBO. I had to call down to front desk because the tv would not work for me. Someone came up and showed me how to work the remote. I had to push three buttons every time I wanted to change a channel. The coffee was not the best because of the creamers. I realize this is a taste issue.

I liked the room but was interrupted in the middle of the...

I liked the room but was interrupted in the middle of the night as the walls sound like they are paper thin. No food was available at 730pm when we checked in. No vending machines for snacks

No comment I said little about my 8 days stay

Everything especially the manager in the front desk she doesn’t know how to communicat with customers, also you don’t have your own privacy inside your room You get to have staff walk inside your room with out knocking the door while you are in your own privacy

A/C is cold inside the room that’s all

Okay...

Staff was not very friendly and the tv did not work, the employee said that they will fix it tomorrow. We were ther for a night... there was no 2nd day. No fridge in the room

The bed

Everything was disgustingly dirty , I found people's...

Everything was disgustingly dirty , I found people's clothes in my room, half bottles of shampoo , old bandaids , hand prints galore on the windows and stains all over the head boards . It's very clear they don't care about the cleanliness of the place

Handy for that trip, wouldn’t stay again

The first room we were assigned was not clean or still had guests staying in it, we didn’t take a closer look. The second room was clean, cheap fixtures, chintzy towels, tv wasn’t plugged in, air conditioner very noisy

The location was convenient

AWFUL. do NOT stay here.

Rating should be ZERO. Bad Management. There was a fight in the hallway around 5 am and the phones are turned off at night. They also don't receive outside calls from your cell phone at night. Thus we could NOT call the front desk to ask for security. I was thinking of calling the police, but the noise seemed to stop after a while. The only response in the morning from the front desk was that they will check out the phone system. This did me no good since I was checking out and tired from not sleeping. I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN.

Not much

Loved the room especially because it came with a microwave...

Staff not all on the same page for policies

Loved the room especially because it came with a microwave but asked for a later check out and was calles in the morninf to leave get our of the room earlier which was annoying.

My stay was unpleasant to say the least.

This hotel is lucky if they get 2** first let's start with the pillows. The pillows were disappointing, they were like a bag of cotton balls. The shower curtain was disgusting, it was dirty at the bottom so I had to call the service desk to change it and the Chinese lady brought a curtain that didn't even cover the entire bathtub. The room was cold, there was no heat. I called the service desk again and they brought an old Chinese guy and he didn't speak any English, he said he was going to come back in 20mins and fix the heater but never did. Then I tried to iron my dress shirt and the ironing board was dirty as f***. Definitely not coming back to this crappy motel not even a hotel.

This hotel will be very hard to beat!

The only thing that was a small minus is the gym. I would just get rid of it since it is not a gym. The weight room was broken and the cardio machine used was also broken and squeaky . But I loved my stay at the Edwards!

I stayed in 3 different hotels this week and this one was by far the most clean, beautiful and COMFORTABLE!! Especially for the price. I think it is even the best one I have been to all year.

My experiance in a new invirament

I found the hotel easy to navigate ang the hospitality of personal exceptional

We had an enjoyable stay.

Having breakfast included would have been nice.

Updated shower was nice.

Nice breakfast

Nice breakfast

Decent food

Room and furniture looked overused

Decent food

Rooms were nice and very comfortable.

Breakfast not included in the price.

Rooms were nice and very comfortable. The hotel was really clean and we enjoyed the pool.

3.5
    Terrible. Way over priced

Room bed was terrible air conditioning sounded like an airplane

was ok .. clean enoigh. comfortable enough. people were friendly. Not worth 150.00 a night.

it is literally a refugee motel.

close to the highway

Not enough choices for breakfast

Not enough choices for breakfast

It’s a good place.

It’s a good place.

Very pleasant stay food was good and the room was very...

Very pleasant stay food was good and the room was very comfortable. Perfect parking

Not helpful, not clean

wonderful

every thing

Micheal made our stay at Edward's Village very memorable, Its one of the places i would like to visit again

Plus loin de centre

Plus loin de centre

Relatively quiet

Hair from previous guests in my room and bathroom. They raised the rate on me.

Relatively quiet

Require alot of improvements

Poor internet service, poor light, poor ventillation, bad smell and high prices in comparasion with service

Parking

The Room was too clean

The hotel is amazing and the service is excellent . I love this place and I will be back again

Disappointed with cleanliness

Cleanliness in and around the hotel very poor

The shower

Nice

Wonderful

Clean

Is not hotel is azilum

Is not hotel is azilum

Satisfied

It was good, no complaints

Location, cool A/C

The stay was not good because the staff made lot's of mistakes.The only good thing was the food.

Cereal, eggs, bread, bacon, sausage

Overall good experience.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Hotel was clean and had all the needed amenities.

I wish the windows could be open to ventilated the room with...

I wish the windows could be open to ventilated the room with fresh air

Enjoy my stay even though it was short!

Location was not close to much.

Good overall accommodation.

Nothing,I had terrible experience

Room was smelly

Nothing,I had terrible experience

Good

I liked that my room was ready before check in.

The patio door was old and cold see out of it. Hard to find a place to eat within walking distance.

I liked that my room was ready before check in.

The staff is amazing!

The staff is amazing!

I would go back again

Check in ... to long of a process

Clean

Hairs on towels.
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Hairs on towels. Reception service very slow.

Location, Price, Staff

Corridor was too dark and bit dirty. Could not use spa after swim.

Location, Price, Staff

Loved the modern look.

The cable was weird and not in order. There were no movies to rent either.

Loved the modern look.

Didnt finish renovation from 3-4 floor to the end, check to...

Didnt finish renovation from 3-4 floor to the end, check to make sure u dont live in the 90s' room

Not happy

It was dirty

No fridge in room.

No fridge in room.

It was okay

The things we wanted to do well there like the hot tub was broken and a lot of things were run down

Overall nice stay.

Could have been better with a mini-fridge facility in room.

Within walking distance of subway, mall and colleges.

Best thing I can say is dismal

Loud Expensive

would stay again

2 paper cups only in room,

free parking, big pillows

Food and there were no movies available to rent.

Food and there were no movies available to rent.

Good

I can hear the noise when l walk in the aisle. And little overpriced

The roon was quite and clean

really bad

nothing much

Great time and I would come back again for sure.

Late check out was sooo expensive... terrible fridge (it was soo old)

Room was good... shower was nice.. quick elevators and easy to access.

Stayed here because it is close to relatives and easy access to highways.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast included but we had the mini kitchen so it was okay.

We had a king suite and the extra room and mini kitchen were excellent.