Reviews of W Montreal 4 stars

901 Square-Victoria, H2Z1R1 Montréal, Canada

#21 of 134 hotels in Montréal

5.2

• Cozy Room

The staff in the NomNom restaurant was the best on property. They recommended restaurants and sites to see. The other bar on site was awful. It took us well over 5 minutes to be acknowledged by someone, another 5 before we were waited on. Once our drink order was taken it took 10 minutes to get our drinks. Another 5 to 10 minutes before we were able to get our check. We are in the beverage alcohol business and entertain and dine out 4 to 5 days a week. It was a bad experience.

The beds were comfortable and the rooms clean.

No slippers in room.

Spacious room and bathroom. Decoration. Comfort of the bed. A special touch from room service when my daughter got fever. They sent a kettle, tea with honey. Unbelievable stuff makes the hotel W O W

• Cozy Room

I assume that most stay at the W for great service. Think of the money spent obviously you should treat your guests the same.

I travel often and I've stayed at the W in other places NYC etc and I have to say the price I paid to upgrade my room was a bit crazy. The W is a hotel that I always felt well treated. And I didn't feel that at all. To be honest last travel dates I stayed in MTL I stayed with the Westin. Calls up to make sure I was ok, included breakfast, options for vegans. Made me come down to pay a 25$ movie at 3:00 a.m at reception when they had 500.00 of my cash on an envelope plus my visa on file. PLUS they make you stay while they check the room before you pay up so 25.00 on check out could have worked just as well. I'm so dispoaonted.

• Mega Room - King Bed

Sad that staff answer in english first as this is a french city... The view from the room, no view.

Stuff in the bar and fridge was different than for other hotels. lounge. bars.

• Mega Room - King Bed

There lounge was closed all night for a 16th birthday party. My wife and I were planning on going down but the lobby was filled with children.........

• Cozy Room

The staff were amazing. Love the look. The restaurant service was a bit slow but having said that there were so many of us. Probably 50. Very impressed with being compensated for issues.

• Mega Room - King Bed

Good customer service. And not only with that little extras, Very good customer service Hotel very nice. 10/10 on every level. Thank you for that great time!

Already mentioned above.

The attitude of the staff. The bed was not as firm as I would have liked. The price charged for the room should have covered internet or the small tote bag with W written on it had a price of $6.00. This should have been free.

• Mega Room - King Bed

I would’ve liked a bigger window in our room and possible a better view.

It was clean modern and the rooms were very spacious. Staff were amazing and helpful. The hotel was in a great location, walking distance to restaurants and shopping.

• Wonderful Room

We accidentally left two umbrellas at our room and no one from the hotel called us re this. It's my second time in W when they do not return items which you forgot in the room! Very ashamed!!!

• Cozy Room

I was cold. I didn't find there were sufficient layers on the bed and the room didn't house an extra blanket. I tried twice to adjust the temperature but that didn't work well so I finally called down to ask for an additional blanket which they brought a wool blanket and if you are two people would have been too small. I also had a like warm shower which of course - had me more frustrated. I spoke to the front desk and they said at peak times it can take some time to get warm. It was 630am. Lastly the room I had was an interior room which had no outside views. The windows looks into an atrium hallway so in general I found the room dark. If you are travelling on business and not there for the restaurant or bar/loung area, I would suggest you will find a better option value wise.

The valet was convenient and the gentleman was very welcoming and friendly. The location of the hotel was very good and the room was clean. There were lots of snacks and drink options available to buy within the room which is again convenient.

• Wonderful Room

We could hear the bass thumping from the club until 3am.... even on 4th floor. Could not sleep until then

The room was beyond expectation very nice and clean

• Mega Room with Two Queen Beds

Drinks are over priced in lounges. Hotel is pricey. But you get what you pay for. Valet is 35$ in and out service.

Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Room was gorgeous. Four girls comfortably got ready for an evening on the town. 2 lounges were packed and people were partying. Great party vibe. Couldn't hear anything from room ( music)

• Cozy Room

We arrived a bit too early for the check-in (13:30). Check-in was only possible from 15:00. That's not a problem if an early check-in is not possible due to the fact that the rooms are not yet ready. So we still do the check-in and give our luggage. We were then told to come back at 15:00 to get the keys. We came back at 16:50 and the frontdesk needed 10 min to be able to tell me that the room was still not ready...at 17:00 and the room is still not ready? Come on!!! We are asked to wait 15min for the room to be ready. Around 17:15 - 17:20 the frontdesk informs us that the room is ready and that they would like to compensate our waiting. The gesture was very nice and we welcomed the offer for a free breakfast. Regarding the room, we could see that it was made in a rush as the bed linings were not really well done (the sheet on the mattress was not even covering the bottom part of the mattress...the part where the feet are when you sleep) Regarding the breakfast, fortunatly it was offered to us and we didn't pay for it (cost approx. 25CAD), because it was poor as well as the service. The buffet was thin, on a table/bar which is 2m long, and that's it. Service was not great. we were install at a table which was not ready. When we sat down we ordered a coffe and a tea and then...we waited. After 10min we decide to go and help ourselves at the buffet and we had to take the forks and knives from another table. In the middle of our breakfast the waitress comes an told us sorry for the wait and that apparently we are set and don't need the menu, to which we agreed but well, this question should have been ask when we were sat down (if we wanted the breakfast menu or if we wanted the breakfast buffet). I had to order juices as the juices on the buffet were empty and stayed empty pretty much the whole time. Do you remember when we ordered the coffe and the tea? Yeah that was when we sat down...

Well located Hotel and room Design

• Cozy Room

I didn't like that there are so many charges that I wish were revealed upfront. But I guess this goes with everything. I ended up paying close to 500$ for the night. This was way tooo much. There was one bottle of water complimentary in the room,. At 500$ a night, at least we should have free water

The location was amazing. We walked everywhere we wanted to go. The staff were polite and professional. Especially the guys from concierge and parking. Hey helped us get around and new their city well. The room had a nice view with great light options. The temp was good and we didn't hear the noice from AC. The room was quite and we had a comfortable night sleep. The bar area in the room was quite comprehensive

• Cozy Room

The only thing to complain is it the hot water comes out extremely slow. I waited at least two minutes for hot water to take shower. Just wanna say, its OK for me to wait two minutes, its NOT OK for our planet to waste two tons of clean water. Definitely a thing you need to improve, please.

Best hotel I've ever stayed. Good service, comfort bed.

• Wonderful Room

Too pricey. Thought that free wifi is a norm now but you have to be a member to enjoy free wifi. There is a bar at the mezzanine floor which parties till late. Can hear the beat from room at 4th level.

great service. We wanted bubble wraps for the gifts we bought and the conceidge has it. They allowed us to use the shower room at the spa after we had checked out which is much needed as we had a very long flight.

• Mega Room with Two Queen Beds

The bass beat from their clubs & lounges was super loud, and could definitely be heard from my 3rd floor room (and even from my friends' 6th floor rooms, albeit not quite as loudly), so it was a bit difficult to fall asleep.

Absolutely loved the location and looks of this hotel, and the bathroom layout (with separate toilet and lots of mirrors) was ideal for a group of girls getting ready for a night out! Also enjoyed cocktails at their lounge.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Mega Room with Two Queen Beds

The walls aren't soundproof so you hear every single thing! I remember a cop car was passing by outside and it was so loud! Like, you hear every single thing, which is annoying. Also, the wifi should have been free for the price that we're paying for the room!

This is definitely one of the best hotels that I've ever stayed at! The staff is beyond friendly and helpful! The hotel itself is stunning!!! It's very chic and luxurious! The rain shower was incredible! We got the Mega Room and it was so spacious! It was super clean and just so cozy! It's a bit expensive, but you get your moneysworth!

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Fantastic Suite

The line at the front desk was a bit long upon arrival with only two person working there , but they were real nice to talk to once it was our turn to check in.

The room was incredibly spacious and modern looking. Would recommend it to anyone looking to spend some time in the city with your significant other.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

• Fantastic Suite

We stayed here during our honeymoon, and it was absolutely spectacular! The staff was amazing, and even surprised us with champagne upon arrival. The concierge is very knowledgeable (HIS NAME IS TOMAS AND HE WAS WONDERFUL!!) and go out of their way to give you amazing restaurant recommendations and even secured us a beautiful table at JellyFish!! (Thank you Tomas!!)

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

• Fantastic Suite

$40 for a small yogurt parfait, 2 pastries and an orange juice? Not even room service delivery! I went downstairs... Also exceptionally difficult to change the thermostat. -30 outside, obviously freezing indoors with 18 Celsius room temperature. Little things but they definitely make a difference.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Fantastic Suite

The in-room dining menu was ok, but could be improved.

I stayed at the W for a business trip in Montreal. The staff were polite, pleasant and helpful. The hotel is overall clean and has nice modern décor. The location is perfect as you are steps away from everything (metro, St Catherine street, Old port...etc). The "whenever/Whatever" service was quite helpful in so many things.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

• Fantastic Suite

Nothing the best stay of my life

The front desk was fantastic they were extremely helpful, knowledgable, warm and a primary reason I highly recommend this "W" the rest of the staff from the car valet to the chamber maid excellent

• Mega Room with Two Queen Beds

Our room was an internal room, so though there was a "window" it looked out at curtain with bird drawings hanging in a closed off atrium. It was a bummer not to have a room that looked outside!! even if it was at another building!

lovely rooms and bath products. the conciege was wonderful and gave us excellent food recs.

Bathroom towels

Comfortable room and great staff

Cost

• Cozy Room

Maid service was very poor and downstairs bar smelled so bad could not sit there for a drink

• Cozy Room

Hotel restaurant and bar Staff!!!

• Mega Room with Two Queen Beds

The bed, pillows and linens were amazing...didn’t want to get out of bed... the cinceige, Sophie was exceptional!

• Mega Room - King Bed

Very large window but it was just a white wall outside of it

The tub in the room was amazing!

• Wonderful Room

The staff left stuff animals in our room for the kids which was a nice surprise for them. It was a nice touch.

• Wonderful Room Parkview

Loved the location and the vibe of the hotel. Very cool.

• Wonderful Room

Room was cold. Tried turning heat up but didn’t seem to work

• Cozy Room

Thé spa is not luxurius at all and no swimming pool ..my Room was located right in front if a building i couldnt open thé curtains

• Mega Room with Two Queen Beds

There is no bar because it’s in remodeling. The cafeteria is expensive and bad

Location was very good and the room was big

• Mega Room with Two Queen Beds

The hotel paid specific attention to my birthday celebration in Montreal.

• Wonderful Room

Shower was plugged and backed up. No free WiFi in room.....only in lobby

Restaurant was good but service unacceptable...too slow

Everything!

• Cozy Room

I loved the hospitality service! They gave me a free upgrade and a bottle of sparkling.

Price

The bed!

• Cozy Room

The Wifi wasn't free and for the price it should have been

Friendly staff, beautiful hotel

• Cozy Room

Sheets rough, no top sheet

Pillows were excellent

• Fantastic Suite

The price, very expensive!

Bed was really comfortable.

• Wonderful Room

Superb service, attention to detail .

• Extreme Wow Suite

Very nice hotel, well located. The staff is nice and thoughtful. We had a wonderful experience.

• Cozy Room

Not enough selection for breakfast

Service was good

• Mega Room - King Bed

Everyone and everything had been very good

Nice and good breakfast

All good

Frederick on the front desk was very accomadating.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Fantastic Suite

The bed was extremely comfortable! The place was super clean and spacious. The washroom met my expectations as that is key to me.

• Wonderful Room

No light switch next to your bed - really annoying!

Superb staff - great breakfast

• Cozy Room

Not enough shower gel and shampoo for two adults.

Hotel design and decor was great! Room Service was GREAT! ;)

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• Fantastic Suite

My wife and I loved the hotel and its great location. We enjoyed every minute. It felt honeymoon like for us.

• Cozy Room

Excellent, knowledgeable staff. Nice modern rooms. Good breakfast.

• Wonderful Room Parkview

Great staff. .gorgeous and extremely clean room.

• Park View Mega King

This hotel is amazing and the staff are superb! The concierge went the extra mile making us feel special and arranging tours and dinners.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Fantastic Suite

You always know you are getting a top quality stay at The W hotel

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Wonderful Room

Great accommodation with excellent staff!

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• Wonderful Room

bed was comfortable but too small, description said large bed but it was small

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Everything was perfect

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

• Mega Room with Two Queen Beds

One night there was a dog barking late in the evening at it kept us all awake

The friendliness of all the staff especially the valet

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Leaving

I ordered room service the food was outstanding im mad at myself for not ordering more dinner and breakfast as well

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• Mega Room with Two Queen Beds

Location, cleanliness, comfort of room/bed, attentive and friendly staff!

• Park View Mega King

Modern property within walking distance of shopping, food and entertainment.

• Mega Room with Two Queen Beds

Had to pay for in-room wifi

Great vibe, room was large and spacious, service was excellent

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Free WIFI .. don't understand how hotels still charge for WIFI

room size / beds were very comfortable and great location

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Wonderful Room

Restaurant was lousy front staff unfamiliar with room size and number of persons per room

Location and staff tried to correct shortcomings

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Wonderful Room Parkview

gym needs maintenance drawer handles "bite"

location and decor

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Good Location

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Cool decor Great location

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Mega Room - King Bed

It was perfect! Great location and staff, room was more then i imagined. Will return very soon

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Mega Room with Two Queen Beds

Only thing missing is a pool

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Wonderful Room

hot water faucet in shower difficult to use without instructions

service, comfort, glass showers, excellent

• Reviewed: 12 April 2016

Don't like that the bathrooms are open to the rooms with just a curtain acting as a door. More privacy is needed in this aspect especially when sharing a room with someone. I would probably not return due to this issue

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

Very expensive. Noisy club kept us from sleeping until 330 am and fire alarm had us evacuate the hotel at 430 am in -25 degree weather. Paid 35$ for indoor valet parking only to find my car parked in a busy street at 430 am. Extremely dissapointed no customer service expecting a call back from supervisor to discuss situation never got one

Nothing very expensive for nothing

There are also 89 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse W Montreal traveller photo gallery