Reviews of West Edmonton Mall Inn This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

17504 90 Avenue, T5T 6L6 Edmonton, Canada

#65 of 102 hotels in Edmonton

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

Satisfactory stay

Breakfast was just toast and cereal. They should add more food. There were issues with the wifi, we couldnt connect

Front desk staff were very accommodating

• Reviewed: June 29, 2018

pleasant stay.

Loud talking and screaming in hallway just as i had just fallen asleep.

Beds were comfortable, breakfast not huge but sufficient, staff very friendly, great location across from the West Edmonton Mall.

• Reviewed: June 16, 2018

Nice place as you can keep busy at the mall. .

We are early risers so wold of like the continental breakfast at 6 ...not 7 add we were on the road at 6

I like that it is just across the street from the west Edmonton mall.

• Reviewed: May 24, 2018

Worst hotel ever.

The cleanliness, the bed was horrible, it looks like it wasn't changed after the last guest checked out, dirty coffee pot, dusty A/C, dirty carpet, hair in the beddings.

It is close to the mall

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

We should have asked for room with no connecting door:- if there is such a room.

Connecting door to next room was a big minus. Heard guests laughing and talking loudly. They came back once after 12 and woke us up with the noise they made. We heard a dog yapping continuously early and late evenings.

Location was good so was free parking.

• Reviewed: April 21, 2018

The location was great and we backed onto the park which was...

The room was not very clean, I had to ask to have the corners of our room vacuumed because it was gross. It should be standard to vacuum to WHOLE room after each guest. The walls in the bathroom were dirty and the bedside lamps has something spilt on them.

The location was great and we backed onto the park which was nice. The room had lots of space. Beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

Ideal place to stay for a WEM shopping trip

I had a little trouble with the tub plug (it didn't want to hold). Otherwise everything was ideal for my needs.

The room was clean, the bathroom recently updated, and the bed was very comfortable. I chose this hotel for the proximity to the West Edmonton Mall, and I could not have gotten any closer for the price. The free breakfast was basic, but included everything that I wanted. The lobby is a little run down, and does not give the best first impression, but the room was vastly better.

• Reviewed: April 4, 2018

Was happy with pretty well everything, except the bar fridge...

Was happy with pretty well everything, except the bar fridge kept vibrating in the cupboard and kept me up at night. had to move it around a few times to find the sweet spot where it didn't cause a vibrating noise

• Reviewed: March 31, 2018

The location was the only thing good about this room

The room was and dull beds were like concrete bricks.. there was $2.50 charge for bottles a Of water in the room.. the breakfast room was small and guests had to take the food back to their room

The location was the only thing good about this room

• Reviewed: March 14, 2018

Just a one night stay, will stay again for sure when visting west ed!!

It was a tad warm, but that was only me, as the lady liked it. The elevators were a bit slow, but with only 3 floors, you aren't waiting long anyway!

Right next to mall. Clean room. Biggest TV i've had in a hotel. Vending machines by elevator. A/C, Big Bathroom and bathtub.

• Reviewed: February 24, 2018

Excellent value.

This inn is directly across the street from the West Edmonton Mall. It is very good value, the rooms are large and clean. The staff were all very friendly. Breakfast is included in the room price. Will definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: February 20, 2018

It was good because we wanted to go to the Edmonton mall. We didn’t want to worry about parking.

Couldn’t keep the room at a comfortable temperature. Was too hot or too cold.

My husband liked the bed. I liked the adjoining rooms we had with my daughter, son in law and grandkids.

• Reviewed: January 29, 2018

Won’t be back.

Front desk made me feel like I was an unconvinced. And he had to move to check us in. Hallways were so loud and chaotic with kids running up and down. As in bar kids. And young kids banging upstairs running all over. And the front desk when I went to tell him when I checked out. Didn’t give a damn. Didn’t apologize or as I for any info. Just handed me my paper and said nothing more.

• Reviewed: January 23, 2018

We enjoy staying at this hotel.

We were in Room 111, there is a noise that is intermittent that comes and goes, kind of like loud hum. At night it bothered me a bit more. Sounds like it comes from another room nearby.

Comfortable room, friendly staff.

• Reviewed: January 21, 2018

I was with family, but they were 18 and over.

Had to park on side street, was really the only thing. But that's minor

Only spent one night, but the beds were comfy and was just glad to have a nice place to stay

• Reviewed: January 21, 2018

Close proximity to Bourbon Street in West Edmonton Mall.

Would be nice to have a pool

Close proximity to Bourbon Street in West Edmonton Mall. Leave your car/truck in heated underground parking and walk across the street and have a beer with supper. No need to drive.

• Reviewed: January 16, 2018

Would never stay there again.

Would not stay there again. Not worth the trouble.

Would never stay there again. Had to change rooms and both were not cleaned ! Manager did not respond to my complaint .

• Reviewed: January 14, 2018

THE BEDS WERE COMFORTABLE AND THE ACCESS TO MY WORKSITE WAS...

MY WORKSITE BEGAN AT 7 AM AND YOUR BREAKFAST DID NOT START TILL 7 AM SO WE HAD TO DO WITHOUT BREAKFAST.

THE BEDS WERE COMFORTABLE AND THE ACCESS TO MY WORKSITE WAS EXCELLENT.

• Reviewed: January 8, 2018

Disappointed

Housekeeping had come around while we were still in the room ( no please do not disturb sign in room) . The problem is they never came back to clean room or change towels or make the bed. So disappointed about that. They were one door down when we left the room, still working. Price of room did not include breakfast or any perks . Also with all the work being done at WEM not easy to access the mall.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2018

Great location and great price

I appreciate the complimentary breakfast, but two types of cereal, toast and yogurt gets bland after a while. Also I found the noise level rather high. You can hear the hallway and the floor above a little too much.

The location is perfect for a weekend at the WEM

• Reviewed: December 24, 2017

Everything was great about the hotel except the heat in our room was broken. It was on high all the time. So if you turned it off it did not matter. We were sweating all night so we had to open the window and turn the air conditioning on. Even then it was still too hot. Other then that the rest of the stay was perfect.

• Reviewed: December 21, 2017

The hotel was ideal for shopping at the mall. The room was a good size and the bed was comfortable.

Usually book a hotel with a pool. Only one elevator which was a bit slow at times.

Very convenient location across the road from West Edmonton Mall. Staff were friendly. Room was quiet and TV good. Free breakfast was available; basic but adequate.

• Reviewed: December 21, 2017

Excellent location and value for your dollar!!!

My husband said the toilet rim would not stay up. 🙄

The staff were all very friendly. The room was spotless. The bed very comfortable. The continental breakfast just an added bonus and so very much appreciated.

• Reviewed: December 6, 2017

I reserved the rooms for two nights for $277.

I reserved the rooms for two nights for $277.my MasterCard was charged $377. When I emailed to ask this to be rectified I did not receive any response.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2017

It was fine. I just needed a place to sleep.

I didn’t like the fact that there was no fridges you had to search for ice !

It was easy for me to find. All being across from the westedmton mall very Convenient

• Reviewed: November 15, 2017

The best location

The price of this hotel could be a little lower. I understand that location makes it pricey, can't get any closer to the mall unless you stay at galaxy land and that is very expensive. So it's a great location but other than going to the mall, which is great there is nothing else to do in the hotel but sleep. In my case that's exactly what I needed so it didn't matter. Still a great hotel!

This location is right in front of the mall making it the perfect hotel when going to Edmonton. The rooms are nice and clean and the staff is very nice and friendly.

• Reviewed: November 3, 2017

Loved it!! Oh and they now have continental breakfast which is nice before you leave for the mall.

I didn't care for the pillows, but everyone has their own preferences.

I love the location as it is right across the street from West Edmonton mall. I also really enjoyed the underground parking. .no snow on your veicle when you leave.

• Reviewed: October 16, 2017

Love it! Will definitely come back for more shopping adventures. Luxury.

Just one lamp didn’t work. Didn’t care though because the other lights were bright.

Bed was amazing. Bathroom was super pretty. Had the best sleep. Super close to the mall. Cost a bit for a cab but worth the convenience. Shop all day and then relax in these nice rooms.

• Reviewed: October 10, 2017

Two days

Close to mall and all the shopping and restaurants. All walking distance. Staff very attentive and polite. Room kept really clean and fresh towels everyday.

• Reviewed: October 10, 2017

It's all about sleep and I didn't get much because of the noise level !

It was like a race track strip right outside our window till 3 in the morning ! Both the vending machines were broke down!

Close to the mall was a good thing, and close to the Misieracordia hospital which was what we needed!

• Reviewed: October 2, 2017

Comfortable stay.

Comfortable stay. Breakfast was basic. Clean neat hotel. Friendly staff. Property was opposite to the West Edmonton mall , so was a 5 minutes walk across the street.

• Reviewed: October 1, 2017

I would definitely stay here again for cleanliness, easy breakfast included an great price.

Staff were pleasant but not very knowledgeable about what was around the area that tourists might be interested in or what was currently going on. Also were not able to provide us with good directions to locations we asked about. They did print off a google map for us which was appreciated, also we were able to store our luggage there on our last morning and spend the day at the mall. This was really helpful as our train did not leave until midnight and check out was 11am.

We took train to Edmonton station, taxi to the hotel cost $24 via hiway. Taxi driver on way back went via streets cost $40 return to train station. We requested early check in and were accommodated, room was perfect. Clean, modern, comfortable, roomy. Excellent disability accommodation with wheel in shower, spacious bathroom and all amenities and toiletries provided. Continental breakfast was included, cereal, muffins, toast, yogurt, fruit, tea/coffee/hot chocolate. The Inn was 2 minutes walk to the Edmonton Mall which takes you into entrance 6 at Bourbon Street. It was a lovely first view of the mall and we ate at most of the restaurants while there. We left tips each day for room service and while these were picked up, our bed was not made the 2nd day (3 day stay). There is not much else to do in this area if you do not have a car but the bus station is also close by and can be reached easily from within the mall itself.

• Reviewed: August 8, 2017

Location was amazing

It's old - looks old, smells old, scary elevator. Outside of the building was dirty - garbage scattered everywhere. Beds were average, bed frame is carpeted. Carpets were filmy/sticky.

Location was amazing

• Reviewed: August 4, 2017

Simple breakfast, the employee who looked after it was...

The outside grounds were terrible, when we parked there was a bag of garbage, an empty liquor bottle and some other garbage, I picked up the bag and liquor bottle and put them in the garbage. The other stuff was never picked up. The whole parking lot was littered with garbage and was never cleaned up for the three days we were there. We did see an employee outside on day with a broom and dust pan thing,but I don't know .... maybe he was blind cause no garbage was ever picked up. The smoking area was atrocious, butts all over the ground, but probably because the ashtray was over filled with garbage and never emptied. Also, the inside elevator was dirty and never vacuumed for the duration of our stay. " First Impressions" mean a lot!

Simple breakfast, the employee who looked after it was amazing as well as the front desk staff. The rooms were nice, beds comfy, nice and clean

• Reviewed: August 1, 2017

I would certainly recommend this hotel.

The breakfast was pretty meagre and in tight quarters.

The staff were terrific and the location was ideal for our trip to the West Edmonton Mall with our 10 year old grandson.

• Reviewed: July 28, 2017

Good location, but low value for the money

Underwhelming hotel. Spare cots, supplies and laundry were located in the parking garage in plain view and exposed to vehicle exhaust.... never seen that before.

• Reviewed: July 9, 2017

Staff very friendly.

The breakfast was very minimal

Staff very friendly. West Edmonton Mall is literally just across the street and cross light right there in front of hotel.

• Reviewed: July 5, 2017

Stay not worth the price.

the price was awful, not sure if it would have been cheaper to just call the hotel. but booking thru Booking.com was the wrong way to go...will never do that again. There is nothing special about that hotel, especially for the price..would like some compensation...

only convenience, you should work on that breakfast...not even work talking about.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2017

Restful and convenient.

The guests above us were very noisy. Banging on their floor each night we stayed.

The location was perfect for my purposes and was close to where I had to travel to.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2017

Already booked this hotel again!!

Only problem is usually this hotel's pricing is insane. We got a great deal this weekend!

The room smelled so clean and the beds were extremely comfortable! Also love the toiletries!

• Reviewed: June 18, 2017

West Edmonton Mall Inn is convenient and clean.

See above.

Travelling with my parents, I was happy that I was able to find a parking spot right out front! Would have been a higher rating if the staff would have been a little bit more understanding and booked us in a room on the ground floor. As it was we had to take the elevator and down right to the end of the hotel. Hotel was convenient to the Mall.

• Reviewed: June 15, 2017

Great hotel in an excellent location for the mall

The room was too hot and we couldn't figure out how to sort it. The window would only open a few inches

Good price, staff were efficient, hotel was just over the road from the mall so very convenient. Everything was clean and modern

• Reviewed: June 11, 2017

Location!

We had to park on the street as the lot was full on Friday.

You cannot beat the location! Just across the street from the bourbon street entrance to West Ed Mall.

• Reviewed: June 11, 2017

An enjoyable stay.

I had no use for wifi - so "No Comment". Rooms were very clean, elevators and hallways, not quite so good. Not BAD, just not so good. Sink drain in #301 was VERY slow draining.

• Reviewed: May 24, 2017

Comfortable and good value

Great location to mall and a huge park right behind the hotel. Nice that breakfast was included and discounted passes for WEM attractions available from the hotel.

• Reviewed: May 16, 2017

I just found the rooms to be a bit expensive as the hotel is outdated and there is no swimming pool.

I really liked the convience to the West Edmonton Mall. This was my first time driving in Edmonton so I was extremely nervous, but the location made my trip way better.

• Reviewed: May 13, 2017

It was good .

It would be nice if all the staff are all smile.There's one staff at night don't even smile.You are like nobody .Treat everybody fair.that is all.Thank you!

It was good .Clean and neat.We love the staffs.They are attentive and all smile which make you comfortable to stay.

• Reviewed: April 27, 2017

Only stayed here because of the location I needed at the time

I did not feel safe during my stay. There was a lot of noise in the Hallway and loud knocking on doors at midnight. There had been an incident involving the police the day I arrived. I would probably not stay there again unless I had no other choice.

The only reason for staying here was the location to my work that day.

• Reviewed: April 24, 2017

Good, no frills hotel. Friendly staff.

Nothing I didn't like. It was exactly what I expected.

It was a no frills hotel room. The staff was super friendly and helpful. Beds are comfy, rooms are clean. It's a good hotel for the price, and location (if you're intending to walk around the mall for hours on end)

• Reviewed: April 23, 2017

The benefit of being close to the mall is not worth price to stay here

The room and bathroom was small.The floors dirty. The bedding was old,ripped and outdated. The hotel and hallways were rundown and dirty.

The check in staff were friendly

• Reviewed: April 8, 2017

You get what you pay for

Staff member who greeted us didn't even look at us or acknowledge us until he was ready. When I said hello without receiving an answer I thought it was because I wasn't loud enough but obviously the old fellow at the desk was too busy to look up as guests arrive. Not a great facade for a hotel. We asked for help to book a taxi but he said to come back later and another staff member can book it? Not sure why he couldn't do it then. We decided to book it ourselves in our room. Another staff member later on was very polite and helpful however.

Very close to mall but not the easiest walk with suitcases. Without suitcases it only took us 5 minutes. Rates are cheap compared to the fantasyland hotel

• Reviewed: April 5, 2017

Needs a total revamp

This hotel needs a renovation top to bottom. It is very outdated, and had awful breakfast accommodations. Breakfast was in a nook on third floor and had hardly anything (toast and yogurt) and didn't even have tea. The prove you pay for this place is NOT WORTH IT! I will not be staying here again.

Liked it's location

• Reviewed: March 22, 2017

Great price, great location but you get what you pay for.

The elevator needs serious service and cleaning. Buttons need to be pressed hard and multiple times to light up. Loud, bangs hard when it gets to your floor. Can hear the doors slam every time some one enters or leaves their room. Beds were hard and uncomfortable.

Friendly staff, great price, free light breakfast and great location. You can park at the hotel and walk across the street to the mall.

• Reviewed: March 20, 2017

Would stay here again

Room was extremely hot. It was snowing outside, we could not get the room cooled down until we put on the air conditioning. We had a room right by the lobby, it was very noisy at times. Also very noisy outside our window

Very clean room! Friendly staff! Very close to mall!

• Reviewed: March 20, 2017

Great location for our purposes.

It is starting to look a little worn compared to two years ago. Room for continental breakfast too small for weekends with so many families. Snack machine had been out of order for two days. Elevator button for 3rd floor did not always engage the 1st time-both inside & outside.

• Reviewed: March 19, 2017

Good

Door had very loud click and did not keep out any noise from the hallway. Room was very warm despite no heat on.

Bed was very comfortable and breakfast was good for continental.

• Reviewed: March 18, 2017

Dangerous

Multiple cars were broken into during the night in the parking lot beside the hotel (poor security) We booked 3 rooms in advance, but only 1 was available upon check in. My family had to stay in 2 different hotels

Close to WEM

• Reviewed: March 17, 2017

Good Place for the Price

The breakfast options are minimal. If you have any dietary restrictions, you might not be able to take advantage of the free food.

The staff was super friendly and helpful. It's a basic hotel room, nothing fancy, but it was perfect for what we needed and the location can't be beat!

• Reviewed: March 14, 2017

great place to stay, great location, great people!

The sheets on the bed were made up to far down, I had to scrunch down to the foot of the bed so the sheet would reach my neck. Minor.

The room was comfortable, very quiet, everything I needed was there.

• Reviewed: March 9, 2017

Unclean, small rooms. Not worth the money.

Was not very clean... amenities were not very good. No pool... if u wanted to swim u could purchase WEM passes for $30 a person. The brunch was very limited. Room was very small and very basic. Hotel is not cheap and for what it offers is not really worth the money. Only bonus is that it's across the street from WEM and u can buy stay and play passes.

Across the street from west Edmonton mall.

• Reviewed: March 7, 2017

Good but could be better

Beds were hard and small said queen but felt like doubles. Housekeeping didn't come until 430pm even though we were gone all day and we're just arriving back to change for dinner.

Staff was friendly

• Reviewed: February 14, 2017

Breakfast was bare minimum but accessible on each floor as...

Business center onsite would have been really nice but use of the one at the fantasy land hotel was helpful. I did phone to check if I had left anything behind but they never did get back to me.

Breakfast was bare minimum but accessible on each floor as you head to the elevator. Bed seemed hard but only because the previous one had been soooo soft.

• Reviewed: February 13, 2017

I liked how close it was to West Edmonton Mall

Didn't like that hardly any of the plug-ins barely worked in our room. And I hated how close our room was to the lobby. And one of our beds had a stain on the sheets,

I liked how close it was to West Edmonton Mall

• Reviewed: February 13, 2017

Large room with good space.

The elevator is slow. Thankfully only a three storey building . They spray too much Fabreeze in the hallways and lobby!

Large room with good space. Very basic room.

• Reviewed: January 24, 2017

Would stay again

The breakfast was lacklustre. Both mornings by the time we got there items were out and not replenished. We did not get there very late either.

Front desk staff were exceptional. Very friendly and courteous.

• Reviewed: January 23, 2017

Great experince :)

Parking. However I understand that this can be hard!

Beds were comfy. Was here for soundwave rave at west Edmonton mall and it was in an amazing location

• Reviewed: January 16, 2017

Convenient but noisy

We had a first floor room and found that other guests were very noisy in the hallways when returning for the night, as well as continuing to party in their rooms. There was also a couple who fought in the hallway at about 5:00 am. All this meant a very broken night of sleep.

This hotel has a great location right across the street from West Edmonton mall, making it easy to walk back after a fun Saturday evening out. A very basic breakfast is included

• Reviewed: January 14, 2017

Overall it was really covientant

No restaurant at the hotel but across in the mall was a variety of restaurents

I like the staff they were really friendly. The parking was great and the room was where I requested

• Reviewed: January 8, 2017

Very dirty

We have stay at this hotel numerous times and it's always been clean and friendly this is why we stay here. But this time it was aweful even the hallways hadn't been vacuumed . My bathroom was dirty there was something all over the floor and how it was missed by house keeping is beyond me . I even kept my Shoes on while in the room . I stay there because of convience and I pay what I do for convience . But for a $5 taxi ride I can stay at the Royal executive and it's spotless. That place should have never looked like that . I never complain but it was gross . I was even gonna take pics but just thought what ever we just won't stay here again

• Reviewed: January 6, 2017

Won't be returning!

The staff member I encounter, was very unpleasant. My tv didn't work the night I stayed. When I checked out I told Aruther at the front desk that it wasn't working, just FYI. He then gave me attitude and told me he doesn't get paid to listen to people complain. I told him I was only informing him for the next guest, and that people pay good money to stay there. He said "go to the fantasy land next time if you want to pay good money for a hotel." All righty then, I won't be returning.

Right next to the mall

• Reviewed: December 21, 2016

Bed was comfortable.

The hair dryer was sparking and needed replacement. It was a hazard that shouldn't happen. Also remote needed batteries

Bed was comfortable. Room was well appointed. Location to mall was excellent and the price reasonable.

• Reviewed: December 20, 2016

Rooms were too hot.

Rooms were too hot. Others staying at the hotel were up very late (4:00 a.m.) wandering the halls - fair amount of noise related to the opening/closing of doors which disrupted what started as a good night's sleep.

• Reviewed: December 6, 2016

Stay was good except the dirty bed first night

Dirty sheets

The bed had dirty sheets on it and I had to call the lady at front desk at 11:15 pm to come change my sheets ON BOTH BEDS!! And she was excellent but who ever did the cleaning of that room DIDNT change the bed !

• Reviewed: October 25, 2016

Fabulous!

Loved the price! Room was bigger than my friend and I thought. Everyone was so friendly. We are making this an annual trip and will definitely book again through booking.com.

• Reviewed: October 23, 2016

Over all good stay

The bathroom sink was not cleaned, it looked like someone did a quick dry wipe with a cloth. The sink could have been cleaned with cleaner and more effort

Location, close to the mall

Browse West Edmonton Mall Inn Traveler Photo Gallery