Reviews of Super 8 by Wyndham Brockville 3 stars

1843 Highway 2 East, K6V 5T1 Brockville, Canada

#8 of 10 hotels in Brockville

The smell of the room.

Opened the door and immediately greeted my moldy smell as if there was a bunch of wet odds in the room. It was a very uncomfortable stay. The whole too was smelly and it lasted throughout the night. At one point I had to open the door for fresh air

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the towels and sheets unwashed, reused! It's yucky! !!

I have no comment on any other things Except the sheets, pillow cases, and bathtowels are reused. Phone is not working. Room smells bad as we get in. Poor sanitation, it's unclean! Body smells on the pillows and sheets. Sheets has smudges of tiny things! Yucky place.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room is small and facility is old. There are only few options for breakfast.

The location is great since it is close to the river and Brockville town. The lake was so beautiful shinning under the sunshine. Price is reasonable.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Had to air the room out on arrival due to musty smell, kept window open all night and it was fine.

Comfortable bed. Decent breakfast. Good location on lake.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was clean, newly renovated, and very quiet. Facilities included outdoor pool (clean and warm), free breakfast, laundry facilities. Close to historic downtown Brockville and walking trail on lakeshore.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The floor is dirty, it seems no cleaning being done. The air conditioner is too close to bed, window curtain being blowed to bed when it is working.

Staff is friendly

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Great location along the St.Lawrence Seaway. Very Quiet part of town. Located only about 5 minute from downtown Brockville. Breakfast bar had a lot of seating options.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We did not like going into a freezing cold room late at night. We did not like the various types of hair we found in our bed, on the toilet and in the bathtub. We did not like the lack of maintenance being performed in the rooms such as sink not draining properly and areas needing caulking as it is peeling off. Fresh paint needed on trim etc. Coffee pot in room left film floating on coffee, did not drink it.

We like the motel setting where you drive to your room. We like the continental breakfast. The staff are very friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Place was dirty , really old and in a very old creepy part of town. We thought the price was good and the photos looked great so we booked and when we got there late in the evening with our three kids we weren’t impressed. Floors were dirty, it smelled old and gross and it looks absolutely nothing like the photos. The area of town the hotel is located in is absolutely disgusting extremely old and dirty area. I would not recommend this place to even my enemy.

Nothing positive to say

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom was dirty in corners, dirty marks on door and hairs on tub, coffee pot not clean leaves film on top of coffee did not want to drink it. Needed a plug in near bed on wall but couldn't find one unless I moved the heavy bed. The breakfast is sparse in what's offered, bananas and yogurt were good. Wondering how long cereal has been there like the turnover time.

Parking outside our room, easy access from where we are travelling to and from, room looks appealing, comfy bed and pillows

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Vending machine was not working.

Was quick off the highway and not to close to the city, had peaceful sleep . The bed and pillows were tranquillizing, was very comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Room was not very clean. Spiderwebs on ceiling and in need of fresh paint.

Extensive breakfast was provided with room, choice of cereals, waffles, eggs, fruit, muffins, juice.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I specifically put a note when I booked this room through Booking.com but five minutes after I left I got a call from the manager accusing me of trying to hide my 100lb dog! I explained that I mentioned the dog when booking and I would not try to hide my dog from anyone. Also when I checked in the reception lady commented on how lovely my dog was. The male manager when he called told me he could charge me 250$ for sneaking a dog in. I agreed to pay for the REGULAR booking fee. I was insulted by the way I was treated but learned not to trust that the hotel even looks at the 'special instruction' spot.

Clean and newly redone room. Nice yard for the dog.

Fully satisfied.

Very clean. Older facilities which have been renovated. Engineered flooring makes it so much cleaner. Everything was very clean. Well decorated and pleasant area. Travel with a service dog and this "motel" type room was easy access to outdoors. I would enjoy staying at this place again.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

For whatever reason this motel did not receive the booking from you on Aug 30 After several phone calls it got straightened out, we got the last room

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We didn't go out for a walk so I don't know what is within walking distance .

The bed was nice and firm . I have a bad back and I really got a good nights sleep there. The food was good and plentiful for everyone . The staff was very accommodating as well . My daughter and I loved the heated pool there .

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The room was dusty in places and the bed was slanted and it just felt like it needed to be cleaned better.

The heated pool and the friendly staff at the front desk.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The shower drained very slowly. The staff did not follow the ecological policy laid out in the room. They changed the towels even when we did what they asked us to do in order for them not to. They did not make the bed in the morning, we did.

The location is great, right on the river and easily accessible to Ottawa, Kingston.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Found it a little difficult to locate.

Nice motel type property. Quiet. Friendly staff. Nice outdoor pool. Room/bed very comfortable and clean. Good value for $$. Awesome chip wagon right across the road.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were awful with springs poking into our backs. The bath tub looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a while. The bathroom was overall very poor.

they had waffles.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When I first made my reservation it was $100 per day but I had the wrong dates. When I corrected the dates the charge was substantially more for no difference in accommodation and what went with it. We were already stressed with having to be in Brockville because our son, a former soldier, was in hospital quite ill. WE didn't have a choice! To see such a jump I charges, and to see the corrected charge was now locked in, was a shock and a disappointment.

Geneerally, the accommodation served its purpose. I appreciated breakfast in particular as we had a busy schedule.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The service was super friendly and extremely attentive. The pool was heated so we were able to enjoy after dinner without issue. Our room was very large and extremely clean. The owner is amazing. We will definitely be back!

No complaints.

Friendly staff, clean rooms, clean property, fridge & microwave in room, parking in front of room, excellent breakfast and the outdoor heated pool.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Floor in our room were not clean ,and the matters need to be updated

The rooms were decent size average clean , most of all the staff and front desk were great specially the lady was really helpful , she was working very hard , taking care of front desk and breakfast in the restaurant at the same time . We book for 3 days but cause it was raining we had to leave so she did help us for full refound .

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Smoker room! Indications were poorly mentioned at time of reservation. Not good at peak time time of the year when there is no other room available! Really bad. Not happy customer and it scrapped my Sunday because of poor sleep

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I really miss having a breakfast that you can start the day with. Eggs, bacon, that kind of thing.

Stayed here previously and was impressed then also. The staff is exceptional in their day to day work!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Woke up to ants all over one bed. Although the staff was very apologetic.. being credited 28 dollars seemed like an insult

Pool was great and the staff friendly. The breakfast was great too. Location for us was perfect outside town but close enough to drive 10 mins

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It's an older motel. The AC units are ancient but functional. All mouldings have been painted over dozens of times. But the owners have taken care to freshen up the rooms with new laminate floors and decent televisions.

The waffle maker in the large and nicely appointed breakfast room. Kids love it and it elevates the property a few notches above the stale toast and muffin available at competing establishments.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was full of dust and mosquitos. Room was very dirty and staff was very rude. upon complaining about mosquitos we were told that NOT TO WORRY THESE MOSQUITOS DONT BITE. absolutely pathetic attitude. we left property one day before actual check out and didn't even bother asking for refund. Go to this property if you want to fall really ill..

Nothing, everything was rubbish.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I found that the heating/cooling system was difficult to gain the effect, with the comforter type to maintain a comfortable temperature.

It was clean, comfortable and pet friendly. Exactly what I and I'm sure many people that have pets want. Plus, when your door is right at your parking spot this is a huge bonus when you have pets!

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was sparse. Yogurt, Bread, Waffle, and cold hard boiled eggs.

Simple Motel format. Bed was very comfortable so I got a great night's sleep. This is a great alternative for people driving to Ottawa as it is about 1 hour away.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very nicely renovated roadside motel. Very quiet area just outside of town. Pet friendly (extra charge) and lots of parking. Room was clean and bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Most of the staff were very freindly and helpful but found the owner i think. He was the owner very ignorant. And rude and for that reason would. Not stay there again only for that reason and the bedside lamp base hasnt been scrubbed. In a decade

The beds were nice room was modern

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

bigger pillows :) please and thanks the door to the room needs to have a little more insulation - we could see daylight through it and it was a cold night Thanks for the great stay though!!!

The staff were ready for us when we arrived and very friendly the price of the room was AWESOME (I guess we got a really good deal on line booking) BREAKFAST included!!! YAY!!! thank you for a nice night away

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pillows were very uncomfortable, noise was a huge problem as you could hear everything from people on both sides. It was soooo cold when you first got in the room.

The continental breakfast was really nice and the view of the river. Friendly staff, very helpful.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I think the super eight is more appropriate for working men to stay It was my first time at one and I wouldn't stay at one again, not my comfort zone. It was difficult to find even with GPS

bed was comfortable good breakfast

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was cold when we arrived and the heating was a little noisy.

The children enjoyed making pancakes for breakfast, the adults enjoyed the English tea!! Helpful staff. Free WiFi. Nice and quiet.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Booked from 4, not enough towels, face cloths, no drinking glass in washroom. Floors were dirty, could not walk bare feet.

Location, plenty of food from breakfast

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast and Wifi in a room price. Localisation outside a city is a little triki to find it if You go from city centre. Some GPS do not show the correct position but ... the friendly Canadian people can help.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

2 double bed room is extremely small - no where to set luggage; no additional electrical outlets; tiny weeny shelf in bathroom for toiletries; miles from any restaurant; coffee maker died after lst use. My husband is a cancer patient and became ill on Sat. so we had to leave. We were not eligible for a refund because we had booked online with Booking.com?

Service/accommodation at front desk. Continental breakfast was great. Wi-Fi readily available. Staff very pleasant. Soft drinks, snacks avail at vending machines 24/7. Former high-end motel where you park at your door. Well lit heated pool

The breakfast is only served until 9:30 which is, in my opinion, to early to close off. We unfortunately, were not able to enjoy it as we arrived at 9:40.

The bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was very dirty, smelly and we killed so many spiders that were crawling on the ceiling. It was disgusting. Also it smelled like mold. At 3 in the morning we couldn't stand it any longer, packed our stuff and left. This place is not worth your money. I'm sorry.

The front staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was a musty smell in the room.

Staff is amazing, friendly & helpful. The entire place is spotless, the beds are super comfortable, and the pool is welcoming...

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Moved the bed over to the wall so my daughter wouldn't fall out and the floor underneath was kinda gross. But other than that the room was spotless and cozy!

The room was larger than expected! We were in the back with the partiers sitting right outside our windows and we didn't hear a thing(kids didn't wake once!)breakfast was amazing!

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the listing said double room with 2 double bed.all it is is a room with 2 double bed. not what we expected. very miss leading.Second this hotel is not in Brockville, it,s outside the city and not on the GPS, very poor.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I thought hotel room wasn't quite up to the standard of other Super 8's we had stayed in. Room was a little shabby and not spotlessly clean like they normally are.

Great breakfast and location. Enjoyed the pool. Staff extremely friendly and went the extra mile.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom door handle came right off. There was pink gunk in sink drain and mold under faucet base. The edge of the bed felt like I could slip right down to the floor.

The rooms were very spacious. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, the door handle was fixed immediately. The continental breakfast was excellent.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

did not receive receipt for 3 other small shih Tzu puppies we had with us; they took cash but gave no receipt; not impressed with extra charge as babies in kennel bed and not roaming. some people were in a very large group at motel and outside the entire time day and into late evening, loud, partying, drinking heavily and no respect for others, owner of motel did nothing about this situation.

there was no food available

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We would have liked more warm food offered at breakfast. Maybe some bacon or sausage or warm cereal.

Close to town. People were very friendly.

Quaint and clean facility

The bathroom was dirty, the hotel overall was dirty. I had to buy allergy medication to be able to stay in the hotel room

Quick, friendly, answered questioned

Front desk attendant

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Old place, smell smoke a lot

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The tv. There was no guide, no pause etc.. You should change servers to bell fibe tv.

The bed and pillows were comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed was comfortable and the staff was very friendly and professional

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Very good service, clean and comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the fridge wasn't clean - some left-overs ....

- Hair in bathtub - Hairdryer didn't work - Unfriendly staff

The location of Super 8 was conventient to have it surround many places.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Fan in washroom was loud. Day staff coulf be a little friendlier.

Good place to pit stop for the night. Location close to the river which is a bonus.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very crisp and clean. It's what you want when you are away for work, fair price and good quality rooms.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Lots of hair, and pubic hair in both beds. On the review, it says it was close from highway and town. Turned out it was far from everything.

Price

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Perfectly located and very comfortable!

coffee

breakfast could be better

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Broken heating, but we were offered another room right away.

Complimentary breakfast- a big bonus.

view can be better

great bed

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Fast check-in, good room

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Friendly staff, clean room with no carpet, great breakfast, your pet is welcome, the heated pool is awesome, close to downtown and restaurants.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

A little worn but clean

Personal service

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Quiet location, comfortable accommodation, great value for money.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Reception staff were professional and courteous. Room was comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Beds were comfy, breakfast fantastic, staff super helpful. Always enjoy my stays there.

Dirt behind doors.