Reviews of White Oaks Conference & Resort Spa 4 stars

253 Taylor Road, L0S 1J0 Niagara on the Lake, Canada

#8 of 12 hotels in Niagara on the Lake

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

They had a random $15/night "resort" fee which was a surprise to us. Did not know it cost extra because it's a resort that didn't really feel fair or worth it honestly.

Nice rooms, with little added things that made the room special, coffee, mini fridge, swivel tv, really nice shampoo etc.

• Luxury Suite

Pillows were not the best.

EVERYONE at this hotel were extremely nice. We travel frequently and we have never encountered such wonderful staff. From Ken at the front who helped us load and unload our luggage (even offering us water for our drive), to Amanda our waitress at Liv and everyone in between. Beautiful hotel and grounds. Food was also excellent. Will stay again if we are in the area.

• Luxury Suite

The Liv restaurant had a great breakfast and service. Modern & crisp design with very customer oriented staff. The outlet mall is just a cross the street.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Paid for a room upgrade. The blackout curtains did not block out the light since they did not have a return on them at the end and there was a light on outside the window all night. When I mentioned this they refunded $20.00. I thought I should have been refunded at least the upgrade I had paid for.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Air conditioner was very, very loud. We paid a fee of $15.00 extra for parking and to use the facilities which I did not expect. Overpaid for what we received.

Room was very clean. Beds were comfortable.

• Luxury Suite

We booked an “executive room” which despite claiming to be renovated and was extremely dated, bed was hard as a rock - and zero natural light,smelled moldy. Our first getaway without kids was ruined. Never again.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

All of the stairs and not knowing where everything was, however the concierge was very helpful

Everything was great, I would have liked to have a fan in the bathroom, and we felt that the restaurant Liv was not as good as expected

• Superior King Room

Not so much a complaint about the hotel as about Booking.com. Booking.com gave me a ‘total price’ which usually means just that.... total including tax. I brought up the discrepancy at the front desk and I received a bit of attitude and a very matter of fact we’re right your wrong kind of response that the ‘total’ doesn’t include taxes and some kind of administrative fees. About the difference of 100.00. I didn’t argue.

• Superior King Room

I was guaranteed a rate from booking.com but when I arrived they charged me at least double that and had no info from booking.com on the rate quoted.

Everything other than the double room rate!

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Within the hotel it was a challenge to locate destinations....more signs...a map of the layout? I noticed on my way home that on my bill, there were two $16.00 facility fees charged. Customers need this information up front at time of choosing this hotel. Possibly adding a separate pass card or code for entry would be a fairer way of covering these user costs as in our group half of the individuals did not use this activity.

The bed, linens, pillows, shower, personal care products, blackout drapery, fridge, lighting, and chairs were excellent. A healthy variety of foods were served at the restaurants, and the fitness facility resources were great.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The check in and out crew are working under too much pressure. Management should give them more authority to make guests happy. They are process oriented, not guest oriented. They only follow procedures, not people’s expectations. Management, it’s not theit fault. It is your fault.

Cleaning and general staff are incredibly helpful. There was a lady from Síria who would do anything to make you fell home.

• Superior King Room

Liv restaurant is wonderful. Excellent breakfast and amazing dinner. SPA is relaxing and treatment was great! Love this place and plan to come back soon!

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff were very approachable and helpful. Helped my friends and I make reservations at a fine restaurant. Surprised my friend with wine and dessert since we were celebrating her birthday. Massages are highly recommended and are also done by a RMT.

• Luxury Suite

Slightly stiffer bed than I thought and the turkey sausage was slightly salty, but that’s me really trying to find things that I didn’t like

The service was honestly amazing and it was a treat to get upgraded to one of the nicest rooms I’ve been in since I was there celebrating my girlfriends birthday. The massages were amazing and much needed, manicure was fantastic as well

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bed had a slope and my friend fell out of bed and hit her face. Also, we drive an electric car and there is a huge need for more chargers as the one does not fill the present needs of the guests.

Tub and staff

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Front desk staff were awesome. Very pleasant. We have been to White Oaks and number of times. Its always the same, never disappointed. Will return again this summer for the winery tours.

• Superior King Room

I didn’t like that there wasn’t a microwave in the room, any leftovers I had for dinner I had to eat cold, which sucked

Everything was great, people were very friendly

• Tower Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

For the price we paid there wasn't much included. We couldn't play tennis because "we weren't members". The pool was kind of slimey too. You pay for the name.

• Tower Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I found the in wall heating/cooling unit very noisy. This distracted us from enjoying our stay !

We have stayed here several times and have a great time.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Maybe a bit to much chlorine in the hot tub, the smell was a bit overwhelming at times especially when jets on. Definitely had to shower once out to get rid of smell. The chlorine smell was not a deterrent as the temperature was great, it was clean and it was relaxing. It was also advertised that room came with mini refrigerator, which in fact was a cooler. There is extra charge for mini refrigerator, but after I inquired they waved the charged and brought me a mini refrigerator. It wasn't a problem but it shouldn't have been a discussion.

Everyone was so friendly and thoughtful and kind and always said Hi when passing or asked how my day was going. It was a great atmosphere. The facility has a lot going on and it was nice to enjoy the place while there. I took part in the Yoga class used exercise facility and made use of the pool and hot tub. Hot tub temperature was perfect and lovely to enjoy a good soak. The pool temperature was also great and easy to get in to swim for a few laps. All excellent.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bed was comfortable enough, but we both found the sheets a little too starchy, and it was annoying when pulling the top sheet off that the bottom sheet was not fitted and came out along with the top sheet.

The fan in the room was quiet, which helped for a good nights sleep. The hotel is lovely.

• Superior King Room

Found the bed to be to hard and the pillows too soft

The room was lovely. We ate in the play restaurant and it exceed our expectations for pud style food.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff are outstanding. Friendly, always with a smile. The facilities are world class. Liane, is just outstanding , over the moon, and makes our stay the BEST experience EVER!!! My wife always has a smile on her face when we visit White Oaks, and that is what is important. Thanks Whie Oaks, and we will see you in another 8 weeks Cheers David Singh

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

If not that pricy...., would come again and again.

The shower was excellent. The air conditioning (heat/cold) system Was perfect. Very nose atmosphere in the pool. Specious facilitates, giving the feeling, You are in some unique relaxing World.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room wasn't thoroughly clean there was wrappers in closet, desk had spills. Bedding had stains. Pool was dirty and hot tub not pleasing floor was very dirty in pool room. Up stairs carpet had a throw up on it for the whole stay was never cleaned up. Mushed in to carpet looked like chocolate barf.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was dated, given the price point and the excellent reviews I would have thought there would have been some updates.

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Spa and restaurant staff were very attentive.

• Tower Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Need Starbucks coffee: Sumatra or pike for the Kerug. Need slippers in room to go to the spa, eucalyptus room etc. Need to be able to sign out luggage trolley to take our shopping to our room and have someone pick it up at front desk when we were done.

The bed was fine. The customer service was good and very personable. We had a long walk just to get to the elevator to get to our room. There should have been SLIPPERS IN THE ROOM..along with the robes to be able to go to the spa/pool/eucalyptus room so, you would not have to walk in your bare feet or socks to get to the pool/eucalyptus room. The dinner was ok ..I had the curry dish I believe...not very tasteful; however, the other basic dishes were good. The live music by the bar was a nice touch...It would have been better to be able to sign out the luggage trolley for ourselves(remember this was a shopping trip), and have someone come and pick it up at our room and return it to the front when we were done(instead of waiting around and having two people to take the trolley with our stuff to the room). It would have been nice to have regular Starbucks coffee in our room for the Kerug it would have saved us from having to walk over at 6am to Starbucks to get our coffee....STARBUCKS: Pike or Sumatra is always best choice for hotel rooms. Hope this helps for improvement.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

We had a rough night sleeping due to guests that were staying in the next room and on the same floor, they were very noisy and music playing until very late we did call security but after they left they started up again until 3am, so besides that everything would’ve been pleasant

Everything went well with the hotel, dinner took a little long to get food because of the busyness but overall very good, loved the rooms very clean and washrooms where impressive too

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms not situated in tower were a little tired- bathroom could use updating.

Proximity to shopping was very convenient. Spa & pool really nice. Many choices for grabbing quick bite or nice meal.

• Superior King Room

Linen was so clean! Very much appreciated. Room decor wee bit tired. I would expect at the very least a change in the square wallpaper. Attended a conference in 2002, same decor.:( staff very friendly. Leeann at registration was very helpful!!

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Had trouble finding a parking spot at first. Later moved car closer to front door.

Staff very helpful and friendly. Set up of hotel nice, just to stroll around and comfortable to sit in areas and people watch. Christmas décor was lovely.

• Superior King Room

Sunday morning staff member outside in the courtyard blowing leaves at 7:30am!!!! Rooms and washrooms need updating. Price per night doesn't reflect current state of rooms.

Concierge staff was great.

• Superior King Room

Breakfast coupons that were useless due to time constraints. I don't go to a hotel to have a hotel tell me when I should have breakfast when I'm not living on the clock.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

I wouldn't have changed a thing.

The staff was absolutely incredible. Everyone we met was friendly, polite and helpful. The room was lovely and updated. We had comfy bathrobes and there was even a little tv in the bathroom!! Fun!

• Tower Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It was my girlfirend’s birthday and the lady at the front desk sent up a complimentary chocolate fondue and fruit with a card. That was a lovely touch. And the gentlemen at the front were very friendly to help us pack the car.

• Tower Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

That location was excellent for visiting both Niagara on the Lake and Niagara Falls. Rooms were spacious and very comfortable. Couldn't ask for a friendlier staff! Will stay again!

Price of hotel

Yummy Vegan meals at the restaurants. They brought us chips/dip and champagne for our anniversary! Plus, brought wine and fruit to our room! Felt very special. Loved the Spa. We had a couples massage.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everyone is customer service trained! Spa and Sports Rec area have quite the selection! Location is perfect between Niagara Falls and Niagara on the Lake. Bonus with outlet mall across the street within walking distance.

• Superior King Room

I felt that a micro wave and refrigerator built in might have been an asset to travelers. Other than that I felt everything was just fine. I had purchased a wonderful quiche that I had for lunch and bought extra for having the next morning, but was unable to eat it because of no refrigeration available to us. That was my only disappointment. Love Canada!

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Technically it is in Niagara-on-the-Lake but in reality it's a 15 min car ride to the beautiful town. Hotel is actually located opposite a shopping mall on a main road so not somewhere you can stroll out for a wander through town. Car definitely required.

Beautiful stylish hotel. Great size room. Pool child-friendly.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

We tried all 3 place to eat. Service was very good. The cost of the food greatly exceeded the quality and taste. We would go to the facility again, but definitely eat off the property.

The staff was wonderful. Nicest we have come across.

• Luxury Suite

We had three staff members randomly knock on our door for things that did not apply to us....a tray from the night before, etc. The interruptions were slightly annoying.

Room exceeded our expectations

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

I wish there were more gluten free options. But this has been one of the first hotels to have vegan and gluten free options. So for this reason alone, I would stay at this hotel again!!!!!

The service was excellent and delivered with a smile!

• Superior King Room

The maid that cleaned our room on Friday put the dirty wine glass back on top of the fridge beside the ice bucket . Did not give us clean glasses

We liked the location and the spa

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

the staff were excellent. Everyone from maintenance, cleaners, restaurant staff, bellboys, etc. were all very friendly and welcoming. Bellboys went out of their way to describe the room amenities and to ensure that I didn't forget anything when I left.

• Luxury Suite

Toilet did not work in one of our 3 rooms.

Amazing accommodations! Treated you like royalty! Loved that the staff turned the covers down and left chocolate on pillow.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bed was too hard for my liking and the tub difficult to get in and out of because I am very short.

The staff was wonderful. We got lost because of bad GPS directions. However, we called the resort and Andre went over and above to get us there. He even called us back to check on us when we didn't arrive in the time he had estimated. Wonderful. Can't thank him enough.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking unacceptable. It was difficult to get parking every day. Saturday night we had invited a friend for drinks but had to cancel as we could not find available parking.

The bed was comfy. Room was very nice. The restaurant service was excellent.

• Tower Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room including bathroom was nicely updated with fresh crisp linens, extremely comfortable beds & pillows. We appreciated the quiet room, air conditioning was quiet and kept our room temp comfortable. We absolutely loved the soaps & lotions - lots of them for our stay. I will definitely stay here again when visiting Niagara area.

• Tower Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The pillows were awful! With such nice rooms and decent beds the pillows were like pancakes. Maybe it was just our room but the bathroom fan wouldn't shut off and a was beginning to get on hour nerves. I still think that it's a bit on the expensive side for a weekend.

I really enjoyed the restaurant "LIV" at the hotel. The dinner and breakfast menus were really good. The hotel was really clean and very nice. I would stay there again. It's also close enough to Niagara on the Lake, the highway, and the casino that all you need to do is hop in your car and go!

• Tower Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Everything was great except I refilled my water bottles in the sink and the water tasted moldy. Bring your own water since it's $3 from the vending.

Nice large room, there were a lot of people there by the look of the parking lot but it didn't feel too busy and I had the pool almost to myself.

• Tower Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Linens not as expected. Pillows POOR quality, towels and robes were hard and not up to quality expected.

Staff very accommodating, gym, pool area and patio very nice. Room clean.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Not close enough to NOTL. The tap in our bathroom sink was stiff and awkward to move. Forgot to mention it on checkout so obviously not that important but should be attended to.

The friendliest staff - and that is of number 1 importance!

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Air conditioning was not forceful enough

Everything was wonderful, as three 50+ women the air conditioning could have been more adjustable as we found the room a little warm. Otherwise it was amazing...decadent and exactly what we wanted!!

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Beds were amazingly comfortable.. Only problem was the lack of a sheet. I find duvets too hot, and that's all they had as bedding. Everything else was perfect.. It was very quiet which is important to me. The staff were extremely polite and helpful..

• Luxury Suite

The chairs in the room were to small for a big man and our huge room could have accommodated a couch.

The food was great although the portions from my point of view were too large. The Spa was tops with very skilled staff. The greeting at arrival was so very helpful.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was a last minute reservation. I got lucky getting a great rate. I only need a Clean and Comfortable room. Color scheme help the comfort level. Overall, I will go back to experience the spa treatments.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff were extra friendly, the beds were warm and cosy and the facilities were super clean. Also the room service and quick and tasty. Huge portions.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

rip off. WiFi rules crazy - extra costs for everything - including parking - facility in the middle of nowhwere - lobby like a mausoleum, greeters all over you with unwanted attention - tap leaked - air handling unit would fail an industrial noise test - turn off the ac and listen to the doors slam and party people frolicking

nothing!

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel was very nice and the staff very helpful. The room had some issues with a very noisy bathroom fan and door that did not close properly. One of the lights did not work in the main area. The room was very clean and the toiletries were great.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

There were no pictures in the room or even a refrigerator. It was stark. Vastly overpriced for the room. Price should have been around $70.

Greeters at the door were extremely friendly and offered us water upon arrival and to check our bags.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was not friendly, had to pay extra for a queen bed. The food was horrible I am still suffering from the bitterness of the lemonaide and the hot of the chicken.

I loved it all!

everything! The staff was incredible, the room was immaculate, and the restaurant blew my expectations out of the water. I'm definitly staying here every time I visit niagra on the lake.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

We wish it was located closer to the old part of town for Niagara on the Lake (a favourite spot to visit). However, we noticed a huge outlet mall that we hope to visit next time we book with White Oaks.

Friendly and informative staff from the greeter at the door to the check in staff. Rooms were beautiful, clean and comfy and the workout facility was OUTSTANDING - by far the best we've seen ever!

Internet was problematic.

Dinner at LIV was excellent. Staff was great and took internet charges off our bill entirely. Enjoyed the spa for short massage. Location was central (when driving) to all places we wanted to see.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

We were 2 females travelling and I would have preferred a room that was not on the ground floor. It is a preference for feeling safer

beds were comfy and the linens and towels were very nice. The front staff were very friendly.

• Luxury Suite

I wished I would have stayed two days instead of one.

The grounds were very pretty, Very relaxing property. The staff and the food were great! The property is in a very nice location so your able to travel to different activities in a sort drive.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The beds were amazing and the service made us feel so pampered! The gardens are incredible and we enjoyed walking through them. We couldn't believe there was a tv in the bathroom!

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

An outdoor pool would have been a nice bonus to go with the gorgeous gardens. A shuttle into niagara on the lake Main Street would have been nice

Service was superb Dining was amazing. Staff were amazing

Didn't like having to pay a resort fee, $17 per person added to our bill, for a one night stay...we were in Niagara on the Lake for the wineries...should be a pay per use fee instead, or a lesser cost per night stay!

We appreciated the clean, spacious rooms and the very courteous staff. We only saw our room and the lobby so I can't comment on the facilities.

• Tower Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The pillows were mush. You can't read in bed as they collapse the minute you lean on them.

Location: next to the outlets. Staff were very friendly and welcoming even the cleaning and maintenance folks in the hall.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Outdated facilities and unfriendly staff . Have stayed here many times in the past but it is not the same..

Good location if you wanted to shop at the Outlet collection across the street

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very far from the centre of Niagara on the Lake. At least a 15 minute taxi ride away, if not more. However, the bonus is that you are in the midst of outlet shopping.

Hotel is very nice, spacious and clean.

• Tower Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The pool was rather small as it got crowded when a few more people came in.

Our waitress (Eva) at the LIV restaurant was so attentive! She looked after our every need and her service was beyond our expectation! The breakfast we had was very tasty as well 😊

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was nothing not to like!

What my wife and I were especially impressed with was the friendliness of all staff members. They were efficient and helpful and went that extra mile to make us feel comfortable. Our very special thanks to LIANNE at the reception: she made our celebration of my wife's 65th birthday very pleasant and memorable!