Reviews of Windtower Lodge & Suites 3 stars

160 Kananaskis Way, T1W 3E2 Canmore, Canada

#23 of 27 hotels in Canmore

• One-Bedroom King Suite

When travelling with a baby, it is not possible to have a playpen...had to rent it in another place. The breakfast choice is very limited and everyday the same...

The room was very spacious (actually, it was a suite). Very comfortable also to have a washing machine and dryer in the suite! A very nice terrace also as part of the suite!

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Bedroom was very warm on a cold day even with window open at night. Thermostat showed system was off. Couldn’t quite understand that

The location. The views. The balcony. The quiet clean surrounding.

• Standard Twin Room

Bed could have been a bit more comfortable

The restaurant was really good, good value and the waitress was very friendly. The lodge was in walking distance to good food, drink etc.

• Standard Twin Room

It should be advertise as non airconditioned room. Otherwise you’ll be surprise to see a standfan. 2 twin Bed is just fair.

They were accomodating with our request to check in an hour earlier.

• Standard Twin Room

The room s relatively small with no microwave or fridge but since we only stay for one night , we didn't mind that at all.

We stayed for one night . Bed is very comfy. Hot breakfast was great . My husband and and I really enjoyed sitting at the patio , over looking the mountains , having our breakfast.

• One-Bedroom Twin Suite

The breakfast facilities was ok but the fruit juice was not a good standard. To me it tasted like the packet stuff you make up with just water and I missed the yoghurt.

The bed very comfy and our room very spacious.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

housekeeping could be better. no dish detergent and scrub to wash dishes. only dishwasher was available but soap was not refill after the first night use

free breakfast! great location

• Standard Twin Room

I am a happy girl, I love everything and enjoy so much in Canmore!!

I liked the home feel and view of the mountains. Breakfast is so good and the lady is extremely friendly. The manager and the Asian lady at the front desk are so nice. They tried so hard to give me a suite with a view. Appreciate that!!

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The room smelled a bit musty or even smoky even though it is a non-smoking room. A few things were in disrepair; for example there was a rip on the carpet at the entryway. One of the kitchen cupboard panels fell to the floor whenever we opened the cupboard door under the kitchen sink; my husband was able to fix that. The coffeemaker didn't work, but a replacement was delivered to our room within a short time after we reported the problem.

The suite was large, and we enjoyed the gas fireplace since the weather was a little cool and rainy. The pillows were great and the beds were comfortable even though we had 2 small twin beds rather than the king bed we expected.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Shower tiles and toilet area smelled like old pee or moldy rag was used to wipe down. -King size bed was really two smaller beds pushed together. - for an upgraded suite the fridge was very small. (Danby) perfect for dormitory. Not for full size suite. -Smoke detector was not affixed to ceiling. It was hanging from its power cables. -Believing the cleaner would have secured the patio doors being a 1st floor suite we slept the 1st night with the patio doors unlocked. It wasn’t til we opened the doors to air out the pee odor from the bathroom the next morning that we realized that the cleaner had not locked the doors before leaving. -We’ve pretty much stayed at every resort in Canmore and they all have a bbq or bbq area for guest use. This one did not. It was very disappointing. We went next door to Blackstone Resort, (We’ve stayed with them in the past)to enquire if we could use their bbq area and they graciously allowed this privilege with a smile, and even provided us with utensils. They joked we should have stayed with them. We shared a chuckle over that. Our stay was comfortable for the most part. This resort still needs work.

Nice area. Close to downtown. Restaurant onsite.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

It had a nice living area. There was a complete kitchen and even a washer/dryer. Close to downtown Canmore without being in the middle of the hustle and bustle of downtown. A good hot breakfast was included in the rate

• Standard Twin Room

Sink was clocking. Water closet was dirty like there was no cleaning at all by cleaner. Staff had no idea how to satisfied my need. Not worth the money. This hotel is well worth 50 dollar a night or below.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Showing its age. Wear tear and cleanliness. There three nights and towels didn't get replaced even once.

Room layout was nice. Spacious for the price. Excellent breakfast made up for any shortcomings. Would stay again.

• One-Bedroom Twin Suite

It's well equipped with all the things you need for stay. Breakfast is good. Staff is helpful. Just one minor suggestion that they would check the cooking utensils regularly to ensure they are functional.

• Standard Queen Room

Rooms aren’t air conditioned My room was Not Private. Because the room wasn’t air-conditioned you had to keep the window open, my window faced staff entrance and exit and the noisy hwy...wasn’t pleasant at all. Paid parking is available but parking in general is very limited in Canmore

Bed was comfy Breakfast was great Staff was Amazing Location was Perfect

• Standard Twin Room

I discovered when I got home that I was charged for one night twice and am still trying to get a response from the hotel

Staff helpful on front desk and lovely lady who worked in the breakfast restaurant made the experience more fun

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The bed in the second bedroom in our room for 4 people was not very comfortable, with a foam over the mattress.

Room was clean, friendly staff. The kitchen in the bedroom had everything we needed to have a great meal. Good breakfast.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite

We had rented a car so able to go into town but a bit far out to walk which we normally like to do.

We stayed in a suite on the ground floor and it was a great size with full kitchen and lounge this opened out onto an outside sitting area. There are 2 resident black rabbits which where a delight to watch. In Reception there are complimentary hot beverages and water. Breakfast was excellent and comes in the price of room. Evening meal was great value for money. Would certainly stay again actually was trying to book the following weekend but fully booked. The staff are friendly and helpful.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Unfortunately the duvet was dirty with dog hair & possible dirty paws, but when I notified staff they got me new bedding & blankets & also allowed me to have a later check out since the neighbors were making noise at night & woke me up.

The hot tub was relaxing! Staff was awesome! Very spacious & great location! Honestly, I could live in the suite we had, it was like a one bedroom apartment!

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Our room was extremely hot so they actually had to come and shut off the heat. Prompt and courteous service for sure, but even with the heat off and the windows open it was really hot.

Beds and pillows were super comfy!

• Standard Queen Room

Building maintenance and cleanliness lacking. Room was sold as a standard room but was smaller than a usual standard and was a lockoff room. Bathroom was dirty, squashed bugs on the ceiling, room worn out and tired. Staff were indifferent. Price was cheap but ultimately not worth it. Upgrade was offered for $50.00 per night, but not convinced upgraded room would have been any cleaner. No airconditionning so it was a good thing the weather was very cool. Room was still uncomfortably hot and we were offered a fan.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Nothing, it was perfect, although we can only afford to stay in the off season as the high season price is more than we are willing to pay.

We liked the location and we got a great off season price. Our breakfast was included and was really good. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The fact that there is no air con in the rooms in summer is unreal. I understand wanting to be environmentally conscious but you walk into the hallways and the ac is being blasted. So ridiculous. It was so hot and stuff in our room and the fan did nothing. Temps were 26-28 when we were there...I cant imagine this place in the height of summer. Also question the cleanliness of the dishes in the suite. I took out a knife to use and it was super sticky. Didnt bother trying to use anything else out of fear. I definitely expected more out of a 2 bedroom suite that is for sure. However the future renovations look super nice and ahould have been done a long time ago. Rooms felt icky because they are so old. Hopefully the reno will include AC into the rooms!!!

The waffles were the best part of breakfast.

Everything was completely fine ! Great place to stay

Everything was great. Great room. Great location and the staff were more then kind ! Would stay again!

• One-Bedroom King Suite

No a/c - bedroom was stuffy, charged $25 per night per pet (had 2 small dogs with us) expensive for what was there.

Room was large & nice, bed was comfy

• Two-Bedroom Suite

I had some concerns with respect to housekeeping. Firstly, we had been driving all day and really just wanted to relax, eat and get some rest. when I arrived in the room I immediately went to the balcony so I chill for a bit prior to heading out for dinner. This wasn't the case; the chairs were covered in dirt. After cleaning them I sat down and spotted multiple marijuana roaches on the balcony deck, the deck was also filthy and there were drink stains on the outside siding. It was very apparent the balcony had not been attended to. After arriving back in the room after supper (approx 11 pm) my son went to pull out the hide a bed to sleep and the sheet obviously were not changed and there no blankets. At this point went downstairs to complain but there was no one at the front desk. It was late, I was tired and really just wanted to head to bed. I would also like to note the dishwasher was full of dishes. Please see the attached pictures. I informed the front desk at checkout and have sent the hotel an email describing my concerns. The representative has not responded to my email.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The units come equipped with washer/dryer which is lovely. Except someone decided to use their washer and dryer right above me at 3 am and my room shook for over an hour (who washes their clothes at 3 in the morning ???) . I called the front desk and the staff were unable to resolve the problem so a relaxing time turned into a sleepless night. Overall, the building is not well soundproofed - I could hear conversations from guests in the next suite too.

Nice facilities -- the condo style accommodations were lovely. I liked having a whole apartment to myself

• One-Bedroom King Suite

I stayed in the one bedroom suite with kitchen that could accommodate 4 so with that I was expecting a TV in the bedroom, there was none. The bedroom did not even have a mirror in it; the bathroom was very small and upon a shower found pubic hair in the corner. just gross! Things I wasn't aware of when booking: no air conditioning which meant windows had to be open and it backs onto a noisy highway. If you ask for no room service in the morning, they come back again later where they put only 4 items (glass, coffee cup, spoon, bowl) in the dishwasher and ran a full cycle, so that was a waste of water.

The location was perfect for what I needed. The staff were very friendly. checking out was fast and easy. The continental breakfast was probably one of the best I've had in a hotel.

• Standard Twin Room

Housekeeping was horrible. After asking for toilet paper and coffee we still didnt get coffee for the inroom machine.

Front desk staff was great. Location was good and quiet. Underground parking was nice.

• Standard King Room

The mattress wasn’t the most comfiest

The staff at the hotel and restaurant were very friendly. The place was really nice and clean! The food was amazing and affordable.

• Standard Queen Room

The bed and pillows were so uncomfortable. Our room was very small and near the lobby on the main floor, so it was very noisy.

The complimentary breakfast was very good. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Waffle batter too light and produces not a decent quality of waffles

Hot breakfast available which is awesome for me and my family before leaving for a whole day of seeing Banff, Yoho and Jasper National Parks

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite

There was no air conditioning in our room so it was very hot and muggy feeling. For the breakfast buffet, they had run out of most of the food, there were no plates or cutlery, or even mugs for coffee. When we ordered room service we had to pick it up downstairs, it wasn't until we returned to our room we realized they forgot something, had to go back down and wait while it was cooked.

Comfy bed, clean room.

• Standard Queen Room

Value for money. Front desk and housekeeping staff made sure we got a room with a king bed as there was none available at the time regardless if we checked in at 10 pm. Housekeeping staff converted our twin beds into a king bed. I had expected them to stay sorry we don't have any rooms available..

• One-Bedroom King Suite

No complaints at all. Comfortable room with kitchen/washer-dryer/cable tv and a balcony facing the mountains. Only small issue was the balcony also faces the highway. It didn't really bother me since I lived close to a highway before.

• Standard Queen Room

We had initially booked a standard room for our 3 night stay. The standard room is unbelievably small and they were unable to upgrade us until the next day. It was an additional 60 dollars a night to upgrade. I think that if guests have booked more than one night they ought to be made aware that the rooms are small.

The restaurant was fabulous, the service and the food were awesome. The suite we upgraded to was very comfortable.

• Standard Queen Room

The only thing that wasn't right in my eyes but did not affect me was lack of a place for dogs to go to bathroom close to your facility. I did not bring my dog but did notice this for other patrons.

• One-Bedroom Twin Suite

Housekeeping. We didn't have any bedding for our extra bed. We didn't have enough towels. Had to call 2 times in the first 5 minutes the first day to get what we needed. Housekeeping wasn't very cooperative. Had to make our own beds once we got what we needed. Hot tubs were more like warm tubs. Room was like a sauna. NO AIR CONDITIONING. Loud guests at 3 AM and no staff did anything about it.

The bed in the room. The front desk was helpful. Breakfast. Hot tubs were alright

• One-Bedroom Twin Suite

Broken dryer dirty shower patio door did not lock (and I was located on the ground floor) breakfast buffet was not worth the trip down to the cafeteria-like restaurant (even though it was free).

Friendly staff. Free wi-fi

• One-Bedroom Twin Suite

Need to do some painting (bathroom) also found a bit noisy from the room beside (door in between rooms) and hallway not very sound proof

Clean and comfortable

• Two-Bedroom Suite

No a/c and I wasn’t aware of that when booking. But the windows and the fans were fine to cool it down.

Great set up with the 2 bedroom suite! The access to a patio and kitchen for this price was awesome

• Two-Bedroom Suite

I didn't like the fact that the place only had 2 small hot tubs and guests can only use one of them because the other one is for residents. Our room was very far away from the hot tub so we never used it. I also hated the air conditioning blasting strong in the hallway close to our room (it was May and not even hot).

We had a nice 2 bedroom suite for a very reasonable price with lots of space. The breakfast was really good and enough choice for a free breakfast.

• Standard Twin Room

parking but not that bad.

Loved complimentary breakfast. did not like to have to park on street or pay 10.50 for underground parking but not enough to affect review.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Underground parking for a fee. A bit further out of the main town than we had thought, but then the mountain views were fantastic

We had a king bed suite, whicj h was great value for money. The suite had everything you could wish for including a washing machine, tumble dryer, and even washing powder for the machine. Plenty of space.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

I realize you are looking to renovate and had finishes at reception for guest feedback. The closet doors were very stiff and difficult to open. The paint in the bathroom showed poor steam resistance after showers, very matte and did not look like a water resistant finish. There was a liquor bottle above the kitchen cabinets. We didn't notice it until the morning we were leaving but was a really odd place for an empty rum bottle.

The breakfast was excellent and plentiful. We really appreciated the hot meal.

• Standard King Room

The room was a bit cramped but we did not need a lot of space. It was very hot when we arrived and due to the heat being controlled by floor heating it takes a few hours for adjustments to kick in. We just opened the patio and used the fan provided and we were fine!

Requested mountain view and they gave me just that! Huge balcony which we used to sit and enjoy our morning coffee. Breakfast was really great as well. The complimentary soft baked cookies were also amazing.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Room was dark and needed some updating but it was clean and comfortable. Street parking was a bit hard to find as there are a lot of other hotels on the same street.

Great location. Stayed in a king suite and it was very spacious. Had all the amenities of an apartment which was cool. Deck was nice and mountain views are great.

• Standard Queen Room

They put a hold of $100 to your credit card in case you damage something - that’s understandable, but that’s the first time in Canada I see such a thing. The cleaning staff was acting weird. One day, I was away until 5pm but they didn’t manage to service the room by that time. Another day, they took used towels but didn’t leave clean ones in return. Finally, one day they forgot a wet cleaning cloth on the chair in my room. But overall it was clean enough. The breakfast is buffet-style and is the same every day. The variety is not bad (eggs, fries, bacon and sausages, cornflakes, muffins, toasts, waffles, coffee/tea, juice), but not good enough for a week stay. The plates and cups at the breakfast weren’t clean enough - it seems that their dishwasher doesn’t manage to wash out sticky food.

Receptionists are super friendly and helpful, especially Bea. 24-hour front desk. Lots of complimentary goodies (like shampoo etc), including even makeup-removing wipes. Very close to the Coast Hotel, where a conference (to which I traveled) took place. 20-minute walk to downtown Canmore. 3-minute walk to a beautiful Policeman’s creek trail. Super comfy bed. Good WiFi, I had some troubles connecting first, but a call to the front desk helped a lot.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Cracked plastic patio furniture, mold in bathroom, dirty dishes, old dirty sofa, view was of building next door, no mirror in bedroom, only mirror was way above fireplace

Bed was comfy

• Standard Queen Room

The twin bed was pretty hard. Would have been more cozy with with a topper.

Very friendly staff all around! The breakfast buffet gal was super nice and made us feel very welcome!

• Standard Queen Room

The queen bed is two small beds put together which is uncomfortable if you want to lie in the middle. Also, next day the sheets were reused instead of new ones.

The hot breakfast was great! We were also expecting a small room but it turned out better than our expectations!

• Standard Twin Room

The hotel smelt like ethnic foods so strong it was even in our room. There was a Birthday party and kids were running and yelling up and down the hall while I was trying to sleep.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Building finishes need to be upgraded (in process), hot tub view was blocked by their own building, breakfast was a disappointment as minimal choice (no yogurt, almost no fruit, bakery choices were minimal - no croissant etc...), room was clean but baby bottle with curdled milk under edge of couch , alarm clock did not work and was unplugged, only one night table and lamp.

Nice view, bed was comfortable, they did replace the alarm clock and brought a night stand and lamp (but I shouldn't have had to ask).

• Standard Queen Room

Some of the staff embarrassed my partner with their loud comments and weren’t discreet about the situation. The staff’s assumptions were wrong and weren’t warranted to announce in a large group of people.

Loved the location, the breakfast, and the clean rooms. It was more space than we thought and it was great to have for the wedding we were attending and family all being in the same space.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The patio area wasn't clean and I cleaned dust & hair out of a corner by the tub in the bathroom.

Loved our own little patio but it wasn't clean - there was an empty beer can out there & the glass (or plexi glass) was very dirty. The bed was very comfortable!!

• Two-Bedroom Suite

There was an all night party in one of the suits .. because it was owner occupied the staff could not get the room to close the party down ... I was awake till 3 am because of the noise ... will never stay there again

• Standard King Room

Couch could use a steam clean - bit of a 'rest home' smell.

Bed was very comfortable. Our room was upgraded to a suite with clean full kitchen and stone fireplace - lovely! Nice backyard view from deck with a mountain panorama.

• Standard Queen Room

Some of the rooms appear to be quite small. Only one set if stairs and one elevator for the floor we were on.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The location is very convient and easy to access from the transcanada. All of the amenities werr nice.

• Standard Queen Room

Paid parking I didn't like or else I had to try to find parking on the street which was a challenge sometimes.

Free hot breakfast was fantastic! Location was in a quiet neighbourhood.

• Standard King Room

The sounds at the entry conflict. For us who are hard of hearing, the music made it hard to hear the voice of the soft spoken receptionists.

The quick service at entrance and the linen.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Room smell like mould so did the elevators we had to keep the windows and the fans going all night so that we can breathe if There were any other accommodations we would’ve left the bed was very uncomfortable would not recommend this hotel because of those reasons

• Standard Queen Room

The room we booked was extremely small and we could hear every word the people in the next room were saying as well as their dog barking. We ended up having to upgrade (at our own expense) just so we could be in a room that was a little bit quieter and would have enough space for ourselves and our luggage. Also the beds are extremely uncomfortable.

Staff was friendly and helpful

• Standard Twin Room

bathroom was dirty and had mould in it did not seem to even been cleaned, as their was urine on top of seat walls are paper thin as well

price was reasonable and location was central

• Standard Queen Room

NOTHING! The Staff at the front desk was so nice, I havent been to a hotel where they are so friendly

Pet Friendly! We will be bringing our dog next time we go! I loved everything about our stay! We were both over the moon happy with it!

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Would have liked to have had the sofa bed ready and made as we indicated there would be 3 guests in the suite.

I loved the cleanliness, well decorated and comfortable room as well as how quiet our stay was

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The rooms only have in-floor heating no forced air. The hallways are freezing. The biggest disappointment was the bed. They put a hard uncomfortable memory foam on top of the mattress. No proper mattress over either on it. I thought the hotel would have provided robes for one to wear going to the hot tub, as you need to go through the lobby to access it. Please note they charge for parking underground $10/night

It was nice that breakfast was included in the price, and it was a variety to choose from. Kitchen was adequate. (Needs a bbq)on balcony.

Bathrooms were tiny.

Staff was amazing & helpful. Location was great and felt secure. Our room was perfect. I loved the balcony view, and free wifi/breakfast. I also liked that the dining area was open in the evening.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The bathroom was a bit small, but it was manageable. Only 1 person could fit in the bathroom at a time and with kids it wasn't that great. I would have liked a bit more room.

I loved everything about our room - the kitchen, the 1 bedroom, balcony and especially the free breakfast and wifi.

• Standard Queen Room

Walls and doors are thin, gym left little to be desired, we could see more of the parking lot than we could the mountains.

The property was clean, the staff was friendly, we could walk to downtown.

• Standard Queen Room

The parking situation & that we could park in the street for free, which was very limited or we could pay extra to pay underground. There should be a parking lot or the cost should be added into the price you pay for the room.

Hotel was nice, other than it was a bit out of the way & off where Main Street & other hotels are. Breakfast was good, love that it’s included in the cost of our stay.

• Standard Queen Room

The bed, room 229... seriously. Throw an old memory foam top over 2 different sized double bed box springs? The “bed had a massive drop In the middle of the bed... impossible to sleep on it. Why do we book a hotel? It’s just a place to sleep... if you can’t sleep on the bed, what’s the point. Lower end hotels theses day have better beds.

Not much

• Standard Queen Room

There was super scratchy sheets (had rashes from them) The bed was hard. People were banging at our door at 3 am.. There’s no fridge or microwave. There’s no hand soap. For what you pay for, you really don’t get much.

nice staff, god food, nice mountain view.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The bed was too hard for my comfort, and the pillows felt like 3 in 1. Not much supplies for cooking, so next time I’d bring a couple extra things!

Hot breakfast buffet included in our room rate, good size room! Good value for the price! The Caesars (drink) at the wandering elk are excellent!

• Standard Queen Room

Not much the fault of the hotel but I felt a bit "nickeled and dimed" for some things like parking, room taxes, pets etc I would rather see an "All in price" that includes Room Tax, Tourism Tax, GST. Also on the search sites, they should include a checkbox for pets Y/N. Simply telling me the hotel is pet friendly is coming up short and leads again to another little add on fee

Breakfast included was a real bonus. Staff there were very cordial and friendly as well as helpful