Reviews of LHotel 4 stars

262 Saint Jacques Ouest, H2Y 1N1 Montréal, Canada

#22 of 134 hotels in Montréal

• Premier Queen Room

The small bathrooms, a bit tight and I sat in the toilet hitting my legs against the shower and I am a regular size person.

Every thing else except the small and tight bathroom in my room, hope on other rooms is not the case. Enjoyable and some incredible pieces in the art collection!!! Hope is there to stays so I can come back with my family next year to enjoy.

• Superior Queen Room

One night it smelled very bad on our floor before going to our room! Luckily it did not smell in the room! Also in our barroom a few things were not set properly.

• Superior Queen Room

My room was very dark and no power outlet at the desk for my tools. Bad hair dryer, and poor lighting in bathroom make it not a good stay for working people.

Great location and cool vibe.

• Executive Suite

The only complaint we had was room service was not available for lunch, only breakfast and dinner. And, on Sunday there was no service at all except for breakfast. Isn't a deal breaker but when you come from another time zone and your schedule is off, it would have been nice to have a luncheon service

It was a beautiful accommodation. Close to everything. Professional staff and couldn't do enough for us.

• Premier Queen Room

Great Location: walking distance to old town, downtown, great selection of destination dining, metro, museums, views, and metro. The room was spacious, bed had crisp white sheets and very comfortable.

• Executive Suite

In my first day, the cleaning lady just walked in i to my bedroom without any warning and caught me completely naked and out from the shower. It was a. Very uncomfortable moment. I wish they would knock before they decide to just walk in.

Great location, rooms are nice, good value.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

One of the staff members was not helpful but everyone else made up for that individual.

Thank you for an excellent stay in a great location! I will definitely be back and recommend LHotel to my friends.

All was good!

The room was spacious. The bed was comfortable. The location was close to the river where we could walk. Great little coffee shop around the corner - forget the name of it but it's right beside the huge camera store. The original art pieces throughout were interesting to see and read about. There are plenty of parking lots or street parking nearby. Wish we cold have stayed longer!

• Superior Queen Room

The bar is very pricey...and was not expecting to pay for the nuts when asked by the barman if we wanted some nuts with our drink. Pre-dinner drinks cost us almost as much as our meal out and we only had 2 drinks!

Artwork around the building is fantastic, the foyer comfortable and quirky and the room spacious and comfortable. Very well located.

• Superior Queen Room

When we arrived in the room we didn’t have slippers , towels. I called reception 3times and just after 45mins we received everything. Room was too small. Outside that day was -3, but in the room very cold, we asked about heater and waited 45mins.

Nice breakfast

• Premier Queen Room

We arrived with no toiletries in the room (no soap, shampoo or body soap). We stayed for two nights, so the second day it was replenished. We didn't notice until late the first night (we took off to explore the city as soon as we dropped off our bags at the hotel), and felt it was too late to call front desk, as it was the early hours in the morning. That was more our fault that we didn't call down when we noticed. Also, the tv in our room had a hard time turning on, called down to see what was wrong; turns out it was the remote and had to push the buttons so hard that our fingers were white from the pressure of pushing the buttons.

The decor was great! It was so romantic, we loved the location; it was in walkable distance to all the major places and pubs even in the winter. We also loved all the places to take photos because of the interesting decor and wall art. The overall feel of the hotel was fabulous, made us feel fancy.

• Superior Queen Room

Had a problem with the heating but the rest perfect.

Deco, work of a lot of famous artists hanged on the walls. Style. Location was also perfect. Just two blocks from Notredame and Old Montreal.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The coffee machine in our room did not work and was not replaced.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the location is great. The rooms are spacious and comfortable.

• Superior Queen Room

Despite asking for no down sleepware, bed had a down comforter and pillows. Made for a less than pleasant sleep,

Great service friendly and responsive staff

• Superior Queen Room

Free parking facility would be nice.

Strongly suggest this hotel. Would not hesitate to go there again. Cosy lobby, large rooms, friendly and helpful staff. Good location. Did not try breakfast though.

• Superior Queen Room

$40 is a bit steep for one night of parking - even with a valet.

Very eclectic decor. Lots of cool art. Room was spacious with a nice view over notre-dame street. Ceilings at least 11 feet high! Valet parking was nice: roll up, grab bags, toss keys, and forget about the car for the night.

• Premier Queen Room

Coffee and lemon flavored ice water at reception desk. Breakfast had a woderful selection of french pastries as part of a continental breakfast.

Public artwork was exceptional and made for a very exciting and unique experience. The concierge was helpful recommending restaurants and arranged transportation.

• Premier Queen Room

I think the carpet could be replaced in the lobby, but that's about it.

The selection of original art is fantastic. Andy Warhol painted a portrait of the hotel owner, and it hangs in the lobby. The hotel has such a get vibe that seems to capture the essence of Montreal.

• Superior Queen Room

Scented cleaning products used especially in lobby .Music was loud in the bar lobby area but staff adjusted it for us.

ART everywhere!!!! Nice duvet sheet over the blankets ! Loved the 20 ft ceilings!

• Superior Queen Room

This was a second visit and stay here, but the room that I got for my second stay was so much smaller than the room I got for my first stay, but I had to pay higher price for the same room type.

Good location and friendly staff. And highly recommend to use TEO TAXI from airport to the hotel or vice versa.

• Superior Queen Room

The location of the hotel was great, The style of the hotel and the welcome was amazing. There was so much culture and vibrancy in the hotel. I most enjoyed that it was not your typical posh hotel. It had its own individuality.

• Superior Queen Room

The front desk staff were sometimes extremely friendly and helpful, other times not so much. More consistent hospitality recommended.

Décor is outstanding, room was spacious and comfortable, location perfect. The lobby is a lovely place to meet friends for a quiet drink or to make plans for the day. I especially loved having a room on the second floor easily accessible from the charming lobby stairway. Will definitely stay again if visiting Montreal.

• Premier Queen Room

A very cool vibe with artwork all over cool blues music playing in the lobby which was almost like your living room with love seats and comfortable seating , cocktail tables just very cool.

• Queen Suite

Furniture fabrics a little tired. Price quite high, but I was there during "leaf peeper" season and during world championship event for gymnastics.

Terrific Old Town location. Could forget about the car and walk or take public transport easily. Room very large. Bed super comfortable. Bathroom new and spotlessly clean.

• Superior Queen Room

The bar has a very limited cocktail menu

Excellent location, close to the better restaurants in Rue McGill and to the best streets of Old Montreal. Car parking is available at a not excessive daily cost.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Power sockets locations are not so convenient. Would prefer electric kettles to coffee machines.

Great location, close to tourist attractions, restaurants and shops, and Metro stations while still being quiet. Welcoming and very helpful reception staff, excellent advice on restaurants and transportation with great patience. Large and comfortable room.

• Superior Queen Room

The lighting in the room could have been brighter (a common problem!) Breakfast could have been more interesting

The location is excellent, right in the old town and near the metro. They fixed a problem with our air conditioning within half a day: excellent service The art and decor was very pleasing The room was large and had high ceilings

• Superior Queen Room

Prices for breakfast were high but easy to walk to other

A very well maintained and decorated boutique hotel.Well situated for an easy walk to everything.Staff were very helpful and cheerful. I would stay here again and recommend it to freinds

• Superior Queen Room

Great location in the old town of Montreal. Nice and spacious room. Excellent and friendly staff, willing to help. No parking, and expensive considering the location, and no breakfast included, but many options around. I would certainly recommend, and come back if I visit Montreal again. Expensive, however, worth the money.

• Superior Queen Room

Cant think of a single thing

The hotel is perfectly positioned for a visit to Montreal, the staff helpful and cheerful, nothing appearing to be much trouble. The Hotel perfectly suited for a wander around old Montreal the rooms large, clean, well maintained and very well suited to the old fashioned feel on the hotel.

• Premier Queen Room

My room wasn't ready when I arrived and It was occupied by another guest and yet I was still given a key to enter. So I basically could enter another guests room cause staff which Didn't make me very safe about my own! Nothing was done to compensate for the error, even though minor....which left a bad teste in my mouth! Staff was kind enough though!

Great big confortable bed!

• Superior Queen Room

The hotel is a good mix of old and new with the artwork giving it a very different feel. My room was small but very comfortable with nice furnishings I particularly liked the bathroom with walk in shower.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We had a really poorly located room that you had to turn the lights on during the day to be able to see. The decor was dated and the carpet badly stained. The staff were not particularly helpful and questioned why we hadn't said anything the evening before. The second room was better but still had stains all over the carpet. The staff have little authority to remedy complaints and rather than sort out our complaint suggested we e-mail the complaint to the hotel website. No amount of art can compensate for the dull experience.

Leaving the hotel

• Superior Queen Room

Initial welcome wasn't as warm as expected, creditcard deposit required for any potential damage to artwork.

Location centre of old town, lots of tourist attractions on your doorstep, within walking distance to china town. A really quirky hotel with art work everywhere, something different to the standard hotel chains. Lovely comfortable bed, every room is different.

• Premier Queen Room

Room had no pictures, only one bar of soap, only one bathrobe. The carpet was filthy, the lighting in the bathroom was poor. After being out of the room for six hours the room was still not made up. We found it very warm and could not lower the temperature below 20c.

The bar and the bellboy, the lobby and hallways were nice. The manager was very polite and bought us a round of drinks at the bar.

staff was just the best soo helpful didn't try the breakfast bar as their are so many wonderful bakeries to choose from location could not have been any better right in the middle of old montreal would I go back in a heart beat!!

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Wine choices at the bar...

Lobby was great for group of friends to hangout in a common area. Most of the staff were friendly and helpful...when checking in I had asked about what the rules were for on street parking and was responded to with a bit of an attitude about using the hotel valet.....which was NOT what I was asking... I went and looked it up on google myself...and then self parked in the nearby lot. Otherwise, they were young..and they were great. The young woman in the evening gave us to close by restaurants for that night...and one we couldn't get into and the other one they squeezed us in and it was great.

• Executive Suite

Everything was really old (the worn out carpeted floor, a stereo player using CASSETTES!, ...) and there was a loud background noise which not even my earplagues could block. Maybe my room was much worse than the average - but really except for its size i did not like it.

room and bathroom were very large ,

• Superior Queen Room

Parking though easy was very expensive. Room had no charm to it and climate control was not easy.

Great location, staff friendly. Room was very quiet. There were many places nearby for breakfast. Close to Metro stop, Place des Armes. Bar tender made a great Sangria from scratch. Bed was comfortable.

• Superior Queen Room

Overpriced. No customer service or amenities to justify price.

Beautiful. Great music playing 24/7 in lobby/bar. Perfect location in Old Montreal. Interesting art collection. Room comfortable but small. Nice boutique feel.

• Premier Queen Room

We have no negative comments on this property other than we should have stayed longer!!!

LHotel was the best hotel we have stayed at in a long time. Unbeleivable staff who were there for anything you needed. Location is awesome in old Montreal. Walking distance to all sites. The room was great with very comfortable beds and large bathroom. Great restaurants close by. Great breakfast place right across street. We strongly advise this hotel and would stay there again the next time we go to Montreal. One of our best vacations!!!

• Superior Queen Room

It is very near the old Montreal but getting there is a nightmare by car. We have to circle several times before we can parallel part in front of the hotel to have the car valet park. Parking is expensive. I would not stay there again due to the difficulty of the parking. The bathroom is nice but have no counter space to put personal items like toothbrushes for a couple, makeup, hair brush etc.

It is very near the old Montreal and enjoy walking around. A lot of nice places to eat. The bathroom is nice but have no counter space to put personal items like toothbrushes for a couple, makeup, hair brush etc. The room is clean and spacious, beds are comfortable. Provides 2 free waters and staffs are very nice and helpful.

• Superior Queen Room

We never received the wake-up calls we requested. We were woken each night at 4AM by noise in the room next door. Although this was not the fault of the hotel, they were well aware of the problem. They did come up and got them to stop the noise but it ruined a good night's sleep.

Excellent location. Unique boutique hotel with artwork by well-known artists throughout the hotel. Friendly staff. Very modern bathroom.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The decor of the hotel features original art from the Marciano collection, which adds to the ambience. All the hotel staff are extremely solicitous and helpful, and the location is walking distance to everything in the old city area.

• Superior Queen Room

1. The steps at the entrance to the hotel were dirty and paint touch-ups were obviously needed, so, not a good first impression. 2. Considerable paint touch -ups needed in my bathroom as well. Not a pleasant sight for a hotel of this caliber. 3. Young woman at the front desk was NOT friendly, so this was not welcoming either. (Other staff were all very friendly and helpful however.) 4. The clothing of the front desk staff was way too sloppy and casual. With all of the great and colourful artwork in this hotel, they looked so dull and dusty in comparison.

1. The incredible Art collection and the comfortable and interesting lobby. Sitting in the lobby at the end of the evening, listening to the blues, and sipping a glass of wine. 2. My bathtub.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

difficult for the taxi to get in front of the hotel to drop us off, due to traffic

The staff gave great recommendations for restaurants and places to visit. They also fulfilled our request to have a room on a lower floor. I liked the large spaciousness of the rooms, and the unique blend of style of old and modern. Very artsy, with paintings you could literally buy off the walls.

• Superior Queen Room

We would have liked some hot dishes offered with the breakfast buffet, such as oatmeal, pancakes, waffles, and (fluffy) eggs!

The suite was very quiet, spacious, soothing, comfortable, and elegant. We would definitely return!

• Premier Queen Room

Breakfast should have been included. Comparable hotels for the same price included breakfast. This one charges $19 and it's very basic.

Really cool public spaces, great art collection, and comfortable rooms with high ceilings.

• Superior Queen Room

Not enough towels were provided for two people. Bar was not staffed. Bathroom was tiny compared to the size of the room.

Great location and large room.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We liked everything about this property!

The location was perfect and easily walkable to everything we wanted to do, the hotel is neat, and the room was perfect for the two of us and our two kids 10 & 11. However, the thing that stood out most, and matters so much, is the staff. They were so friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Really nice, every one of them from the front desk, the bar tenders, the valet/bell services, and housekeeping. A really nice group!

• Superior Queen Room

We were able to hear someone coughing. Not sure if it was coming from above us or beside us, but the walls proved to be a little thin. A little noise can always be expected when staying away from home. We were still able to sleep.

The staff was very friendly and provided us with the information we needed to find our way around. Everything was within walking distance so we used the valet parking. Upon checkout, we left our bags with the front desk and were able to leave our car with the valet parking until 11pm that night at no extra cost allowing us to enjoy another full day in Montreal.

• Premier Queen Room

First room we were put in we did not like! Carpet was dirty missing artwork above bed just hooks in the wall!

Very unique hotel artwork made hotel special

• Superior Queen Room

The only thing I can fault it on was that there was no iron in the room so had to go to work with a creased shirt. Although I'm sure they would have provided one if I had asked.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Darkness of interior rooms. Little vanity space around the sink in bathroom...especially for 2 women sharing the room.Charm

Staff was incredibly helpful, friendly and attentive. Especially Sofia!!!!!

• Superior Queen Room

The washrooms were dirty and not well maintained. No food on premises which is a problem. They said to hurry up and order because they get the food from an outside source.

The bed, that's it.

• King Suite

Friendly staff and loved the blues/rock music in the lobby and the bar. Nice touch to have the blues playing during breakfast. Very hip locale with arrwork displayed throughout the hotel and the room. Will definitely be returning!

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Queen Suite

Paid for continental breakfast. Billed $24. There was hardly any food. Thought it was included.

Queen suite was like a french apartment! Really loved the colors ambiance and spaciousness.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Premier Queen Room

Room was not as photos showed it. No hanging art in the room. Alarm was not reset from previous user and we got an unwanted wake up call at 6am. Went for happy hour drink 5 minutes before it ended, was charged full price. Hot water was warm at best in the shower. Hotel amenities were poor. Walls are paper thin.

Location was great.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Premier Queen Room

I didn't care for the decor of the lobby ~ cluttered and out of date. I also didn't care for the non-stop rock music that played in the common areas. The hotel has an amazing collection of art, but the artwork in our room was hung so high on the wall that it was difficult to enjoy it.

Overall, it is a great hotel in a convenient location. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The breakfast each morning was good. The room was spacious and the bed was comfortable.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The only problem and it was really no big deal to us but the refrigerator in a room was broken. Other then that the room was perfect!

The Hotel was in the perfect location. It was beautiful, clean and the staff were very friendly and willing to help.

• Superior Queen Room

Not a criticism of the hotel but the Old Town can get quiet from around 23.00 onwards if you are looking to stay out later.

Great stay in the LHotel. The hotel is ideally located in the Old Town just a stones throw from the Notre Dame Basilica. We got upgraded on arrival to an Executive Suite, which was great. The room was a great size with a couch and chairs to relax in the evening and a very large comfortable bed. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the bar area seemed lovely although we didn't get time to have a drink in it. Overall a great stay and would definitely stay here again if staying in the Old Town.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Superior Queen Room

Only small gripes - tea and coffee sparse, a coffee/ tea each per day. Had to request more. Restaurant was closed on Sunday evening; maybe that's standard.

Location was good, close to the Basillica and chose it because it was in Old Town. Style is qwerky, modern bold colours accentuated by some great artwork, memorabilia adorning the walls throughout yet heavy traditional furniture in the room. High ceilings made our room very airy.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Superior Queen Room

Parking was offered in a garage next block but the price quoted was higher than what was the actual price in that parking garage. Ended up parking myself and paying significantly less.

• Superior Queen Room

There was no hot water our first day there. But the hotel was diligent in their efforts to make the repairs as quickly as possible.

L Hotel is a lovely boutique hotel.The location was perfect for the things that we wanted to do. The staff was friendly, accommodating, helpful, and very nice. We had a wonderful vacation. We would definitely book the hotel for a return visit (which we would like to do sooner than later!)

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Honestly found that the room didn't reflect the same coolness that the rest of the Hotel gave off. Felt very dated inside the room - empty hooks where paintings would be. Thought it would have cool bath products but very basic. Dated fixtures. Not many plugs which was weird - the whole room seemed to be extension cords View was of hotel office buildings Very $$$ for what we got.

I enjoyed the area and feel of this place. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. THe atmosphere was great both outside the hotel and inside the lobby. Even the hallways leading up to the rooms was great! Very funky and "arty"

• Premier Queen Room

The hall was a bit noisy, as was the air conditioning

Great atmosphere in the lobby, bar and hallways with some high quality art on the walls and interesting decor

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Superior Queen Room

The only thing I wished this hotel had was a restaraunt. Room service was great and made up for it.

Absolutely loved my room and the cleanliness of the hotel itself. Great staff and atmosphere. In walking distance to many of the attractions was a definite plus as well. I have stayed at LHotel twice already and can easily see a third time in the near future.

• Superior Queen Room

Shortage of hot water. Housekeeping lack of details (replenishing in room water and shower mat).

Great location. A boutique style hotel with incredible atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The hotel is outdated and I don't know if all the rooms are like the one we stayed in, but it was worn down. It looks like it needs to be updated and probably renovated. The bathroom door was cracked, the carpet was stained and the beds were not comfortable. Overpriced for what it is. The only up side was that it was a short stay. I relied on so many good reviews, I should not have.

The location is good.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Superior Queen Room

Our stay was fantastic. The check in was very easy, our room was ready a little bit earlier, the valet was very quick and very convenient with parking our car and picking it up when we were leaving. The room was lovely. It felt like they had just updated our bathroom which was all marble with a stand up glass shower. The bed was very comfortable, large in room safety deposit box, a nice keurig coffee machine with 2 tea and coffee pods and water bottles. We were set. There was also complimentary lemon water and coffee in the lobby at different times in the day. The hotel is full of real art work that gives it great character. The only thing I wish was that our room had some art on the walls. It felt like our room had several pieces of art on the walls that had been removed so it felt a bit empty with hooks and no paintings. Maybe previous guests had done something to them? The location was great! Close to the old port and lots of great restaurants as well as a metro station. We would definitely stay here again!

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• Premier Queen Room

The water in the bathroom could have been hotter

The staff was friendly and obliging. The main floor lounge had an inviting ambiance with many comfy couches and chairs. Our room was clean, the beds comfortable and cozy, the bathroom has recently been renovated and was beautiful!

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast was a bit limited. Only served continental style. It was a bit expensive for some cereal. and fruit and cold meats.

Great Location and really helpful staff. Room was spacious and lovely art on the walls. and in the lounge

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Amazing room, spacious, comfy beds, high ceilings, contemporary and pop art decorating the whole hotel was marvelous. Just a short walk to Notre Dame Basilica and the old port.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• Superior Queen Room

The room that we were in could use an update. The carpet is past its expiry date and the bath grout could use a scrub of some kind.

Friendly staff. Interesting art on the wall. Large rooms. Good cocktail in the lounge. Nice touch to have free coffee by the elevator in the morning.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The breakfast could have more choices for the price.

Bedding was very comfortable. Room was spacious and clean. Location was very convenient. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Browse LHotel traveller photo gallery