Reviews of Hotel Alpenblick

Obere Gletscherstrasse 16, 3818 Grindelwald, Switzerland

#6 of 8 B&Bs and Inns in Grindelwald

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Good value, friendly staff and great welcoming cosy atmosphere. Excellent restaurant.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Very friendly welcoming staff in a warm cosy environment. Lovely bar and excellent food available for reasonable price in the restaurant. We stayed in a double room with private bathroom which was a good size, very clean and comfortable. Located on the outskirts of the town but no need to leave the property as you have anything on site.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Good breakfast
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I opted for mountain view but the view was slightly obstructed by construction nearby. Soundproofing is bad.

The hotel provides good breakfast and the room is spacious and clean.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Great goulash soup mit Eiger view
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

It might have helped if they'd told us we were arriving on the day of Grinwald's annual (repeat annual) market when the town centre was pedestrian only, and the hotel was on the other side. But Maud (our GPS) found a way there on back roads in half an hour, which is much quicker than learning Swiss German. Two guests made a bit of noise about this -- but for a venue (and reception) like this the minor diversion was part of the fun. If you don't like a bit of adventure on the journey, stay at home, right?

We wanted to see the Eiger and we did, especially on the waking morning in bright sunshine. Our room couldn't quite see the Big One itself but we did awake to see its magnificent neighbours, plus a snow shower during the night. Then breakfast, which DID have an Eiger view from the dining room (and the terrace). Wow! Everything we wanted plus good bread and an honest continental spread, served by the manager's father, a retired hotelier and a mountain guide in his younger years. He looked very healthy. Views apart, the star of our three-day trip was a supreme goulash soup before our fondue dinner. Made by the manager's partner's mother, it was truly memorable, veggies, meaty, spicy and hot. We've been dreaming about it ever since. The manager and his partner were very helpful and welcoming and steered us and our car to the train ferry which saved us a couple of hours en route to Tasch and Zermatt. Clean, practical, ten-minutes walk into town, nice bar, wifi works, good value.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Beautiful and memorable view
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

I didn't like the limited no of plug and mine I need to recharge my hp to the next section of the room since there is only one extension wire. Apart from that, the self cook pantry below having an auto off light whereby I need to touch the censor to on if after few minutes. imagine the number of times I need to stop eating just to walk across the room to on back the light

I like the location and my bed is facing the mountain! beautiful view

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Great location and place.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Nothing to complain about regarding our accomodations!

Great location and place. Free bus ride from the train station (and other places nearby in Grindelwald if you tell them you are staying here. Also, the food was great and the staff were friendly.

The best view
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

We drive by ourself and the road to the hotel is narrow although this is not the hotel’s fault at all.

The view is astonishing. Just open the window and you can enjoy the most amazing mountain view.

Clean, but location is a bit far.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Clean, but location is a bit far. Breakfast was great. Male staff attitude was good but female staff was horrible. The pantry that they say they have, the condition was bad.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

The hotel is in a great position, just outside the city...
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

We had a lovely stay, we wish we could have stayed longer!

The hotel is in a great position, just outside the city centre. There's a parking for the guests and a bus stop close to it. The staff is kind. The room and common spaces were clean, nice and comfortable. The shared toilets and showers were very clean. We had a nice dinner at the restaurant and the breakfast buffet was very good (sweet and savoury). If we go back to Grindelwald we'll stay here again!

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Nice place..kitchen guy and cleaning staff was best..not reception host girl
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

The woman at reception desk...was no receptive quality...because the WiFi did not work as I told her, she had an attitude and acted like I was dumb or something...she said give me that..and entered the same username and password as I did. Duh!! It did not work for her either. She gave my tablet to her boss who got it to work...she thought it was me. Nope. I am quite intelligent. She comes off as having a chip on her shoulders like she don't like tourists. I know it's not me. You wanted feedback, I gave you honest answers.

I like the quiet room, I like the cleaning staff,...superb job

Had a stunning view of the alps and staff were very helpful...
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

The facilities were terrible for what I was paying to stay here. There was an area with only a kettle and microwave, however there was no kitchenware. When I asked the staff if I could borrow a mug to make tea all they could give me was a plastic beer cup...

Had a stunning view of the alps and staff were very helpful when it came to booking my paragliding experience and printing off my bus tickets when requested

Location is quite near to village centre around 5 minuets...
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Very small rooms. Very basic room only bed and small toilet!!. not even a kettle. We have baby and we were struggle with not having it. Yes there is one on underground floor for everyone? But it’s difficult every time we want hot water we should go down 3 floors by a very small spiral stairs. It will not cost 20 chf for a kettle to put inside the room. - the toilet’s door is a slide door without locker!! and in our room the toilet door was not even fully closed. - the electricity was switched off twice and different time. Spoke with receptionist who showed not care. Said it just happen!! We all know that the electricity not switching off unless there is issue. - hotel overpriced compared to what they provide inside the room.

Location is quite near to village centre around 5 minuets walk. Has a fantastic large Balcony with view faced eiger and mountains. car park is available. Outside the hotels there is bus stops.

Adorable stay!
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

As the hotel is wooden made, the noise of other rooms easily entered in our room. As the whole city is wooden, I believe other hotels would be the same though.

We were positively surprised with the hotel. We had 2 rooms with shared bathroom, so we were waiting for the worst. The rooms were so comfortable, the shared bathrooms were always clean and good smelling. The view is great, short walking until the center of Grindelwald, so sweet receptionists. We loved the stay.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Very nice hotel. Toilets and showers are clean and tidy. Receptionist guy is very nice
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

We had a power failure just in two rooms. In the other room there was another tourist and we tried to contact or call the staff somehow after 10 pm . But nobody was there. We were with our kids. So it was difficult without electricity. Need to charge our phones . But our neighbour room guy fix that up by self . Thanks to him.

I lost the room key in the train to interlaken. And I informed the receptionist. Normally the key is very expensive but the hotel staff did not charge anything. So Nice of them. Really impressive . So helpful and worth spending place.

Excellent budget hotel in Grindelwald.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The £/CHF exchange rate meant that this hotel feels expensive for what you get.

We loved the friendly and welcoming staff. The view from the room towards the Eiger (and access to the patio) was superb. Comfortable bed and cosy feel to the room, which had everything you realistically need in a hotel room. The location was good for escaping the masses of tourists in the village, with free parking right outside of the property. WiFi was good, and the free breakfast had everything you’d want.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Excellent location and out of the way of village centre...
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

I wouldn't say a negative comment can be made.

Excellent location and out of the way of village centre makes it peaceful and quiet, just how I like it, comfortable beds, great food and excellent and friendly staff. Also has great wifi for all those pics you want to upload of the beautiful country you are in. Thank you for my stay.

We took form room and it was very clean.
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

We took form room and it was very clean. Also the bathooms and toilets were very clean for common area. The view from the hotel was superb! Good restaurant with Swiss food and delicious breakfast with Swiss cheese! Very friendly staff.

Wonderful family run hotel, very friendly and professionally run, highly recommended!
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Nothing negative about this hotel!

Really friendly and helpful staff at this family run hotel made us feel welcome and relaxed from the moment we arrived. The manager is very knowledgeable about the area having grown up in Grindelwald and helped us with some excellent advice on daily excursions up the mountains! The food in the hotel restaurant was excellent and prepared with care, and the bar terrace was just a lovely place to hang out after a long day walking! We really enjoyed staying here and would recommend it to family and friends without hesitation! We particularly liked being a little further out of the town centre which became very busy with tourists after 3pm. Although this hotel is further up the hill, the views from the terrace are just breathtaking and worth the extra walk!

Wonderful spendid stay!
    • Family Room (6 Adults) with Private Bathroom

The hotel environment was wonderful which can be considered one of the best view that we have ever stayed during our 2 weeks trips. Nice food which is also one of the best we had as well.

It's good
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The main entrance closes for the night and you have to use a side door which requires you to remember a pin-code, which is a slight inconvenience. Also, wifi may sometimes be glitchy, for some reason it took me a few unsuccessful attempts before I could finally connect.

It's a very basic hotel that you probably pick based mostly on the price. Yet it has everything you might need, such as free parking, wifi and a breakfast. Location is great too, right in the middle of Grindelwald village, yet away from the busy centre. From here you can walk around the town enjoying the views or take a 10 minute stroll down to the train station. They also give you a visitors card with discounts on the trains going to First (must-see), which, with crazy Swiss prices, is very much appreciated.

The views were amazing, especially from the terrace.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

One time when i went for a shower in the communal shower, there was water all over the floor. Every other time it was spotless - think there was just a really messy person before me

The views were amazing, especially from the terrace. Bus stops to and from town right outside. Breakfast was nice and dinner we had there was delicious. I had the pork steak - 10/10 would eat again

People are really kind and breakfast was good :)
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

But the room is really small and There was no outlet in the room, so I had to charge it in the hallway.

People are really kind and breakfast was good :)

It was great value for money.
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

Although there was secrecy even in the dormitory but the space was too short for a bed.

It was great value for money. The host was extremely cooperative and did what was possible to make our stay comfortable.

Overall good value for money
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

The size of the bunk bed was good but the separation of beds to make a small room was a lot narrower.

Peaceful balcony surrounding by mountains.
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

I stayed in dormitory section which is separated under the reception and bathrooms are outside the bedroom. They don't have kitchen.

It doesn't matter about bedroom, you can enjoy the very beautiful view on the balcony. Their breakfast is simple but the tables, chairs, people and balcony are very nice surrounding by mountains. I will stay here again but I will book private room instead of dormitory.

Memorable time worth spent
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

The host was exceptionally cooperative and helped us with every possible way to make our trip comfortable. He guided us towards the plane for spending our time to explore beautiful valley.

We would definitely choose to stay there next time
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

There is only a spiral stair so it's quite difficult for large baggage guests. Luckily our luggage is not heavy. And it's quite far away from Grindelwald station. There is a yellow bus from station to different hotel free of charge. People can check with the hotel first.

Our room was at the corner so there were two windows at different directions with two different view. The view was so magnificent though one side for the mountain view could only see better when you stretched your head out of the window. But in general the staffs are very nice and friendly, makes us welcoming and comfortable. We always sat by the window whenever we had time in the room. Guests can have a broader view on the roof top balcony and open area in restaurant to feel the mountain air.

If you reach Grindelwald after 6:45 PM you would have to...
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

If you reach Grindelwald after 6:45 PM you would have to either walk or take a taxi to the hotel because the public transport service to the hotel location stops after that time . However the hotel is not far from station it is 15-20 Mins walk from Grindelwald station . The staff at the hotel/Resturant were extraordinarily polite and cooperative! They took very good care of our comfort and even let us take the dinner to the terrace where we had an amazing evening drinks followed by delicious food !

Beautiful, cozy hotel with views of the mountains and friendly staff.

nothing really.

This is a lovely, small hotel located on the far edge of Grindelwald from the train station (by far, I don't mean it is a long walk---just past the main "drag"). The room we had was clean with a door out to a deck. The view from the hotel overlooks the snow-covered mountains that we walked across to Wengen on our second day. The beds were comfortable, but do know all Swiss hotels are small and the beds are small and not big cushiony beds like you find in the chain hotels. The restaurant had a lovely terrace right on the edge of the valley and was a beautiful place to have a drink before walking down to town for dinner. They also have a restaurant--we just happened to eat in town both nights. The bartender/waiter was extremely friendly and helpful, knowledgeable about seemingly everything we asked! The breakfast is ok--we had more elaborate ones at other hotels-- but it was good. There was bread, cheese, yogurt, muesli, a few pieces of fruit and coffee or tea. The bread was fresh and delicious. You can walk to the BORT gondola from the hotel (it's a hike uphill but a nice one). One thing--the hotel gives you a pass that gets you all sorts of freebies and discounts, one of which is the gondola to 1st. But for some reason you have to start at the bottom. We didn't get the discount because we wanted to hike up to the first station. That's not the hotel's fault--but just know that if you plan on using it. In summary--great value, good location, wonderful experience.

I recommend this hotel.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Unfortunately we could not get mountain view. So, if you want to see Eiger from the room, you need to make a special request if it is possible. Also, the free shuttle bus stopps at 6:30pm. If you do not want to climb a hill to the hotel (20 minutes), you'd better come back hotel early.

Nice, soft bedding. I wanted to bring the pillow. The room is cozy like attic. The room was cool when the window is open. The room was warm when you get in the bed. The breakfast was so delicious and we could get hot water so we can have a tea watching the mountain. You cannot close your mounth because you will shock to see the beautiful nature. The hotel manager called the pilot if the weather allow us to enjoy paragliding and he made the reservation for us. Thank you for making our a wonderful memory.

Best location, Staffs are nice
    • Family Room (6 Adults) with Private Bathroom

Staffs are super nice Location is the best where you can see 3 mountains including Eiger. Ps. Restaurant terrace has the best view for enjoy eating and sightseeing ❤️

Good and can be made better!
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Breakfast options were limited, not enough lights & no AC. Windows can be kept open, since its in the hilly region insects are prone to come inside the room. Hotel can provide taxi transport at additional cost.

Great views to the mountains

Would highly recommend.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Jurg and Bernadette could not have been more helpful, no matter how busy they were they were always happy to fulfil our requests and answer all our questions with their local knowledge and often anticipated our needs.

Would recommend to everyone
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Didn't not like anything. Breakfast was simple and not too much choice.

The location was perfect and easy walking access to all attractions. Hop on and off free bus passes received at the hotel was a good idea. The hotels decoration fitted with the location, swiss and simple. Free parking was great. The views were spectacular we loved it.

Excellent view and comfortable for a relaxing holiday
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

When I asked for help to staff about some noise made by kids playing and running on the second floor which could be heard entirely through the sealing of my room not letting me rest properly they just said "I can't do anything it's not 10 pm" which I found really unhelpful and unfair since its suppose to be a hotel with guests and not a playground.

Excellent view and nice location.

Affordable, clean, friendly and beautifully located.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Fabulous location. The breakfast (included) was great. Helpful staff. Great roof terrace and views to die for. The shared bathroom facilities were something I wasn't looking forward to but they were excellent.

Stayed on the 2nd floor.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Stayed on the 2nd floor... room was great with an awesome view of the mountauns... breakfast was fresh and delicious, especially their coffee!!! Bathroom was very clean and ok size considering it's Europe. Staff was very informative and patient! Great location if you are like me, and want to be a bit way from tbe crazy crowds but walkable to everywhere!!!

Good breakfast, parking (private parking space) just in...

Good breakfast, parking (private parking space) just in front of the hotel. 15-min walking to Grindelwald town center is acceptable, and then with better view (landscape and hotel building itself) then staying in the town center.

Very nice place and highly recommended
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

We stayed at a room that potentially accomodates 3 persons, and there was only ONE plug for chraging, which I find pretty odd. Also, although the shared showers were spotless and very clean, they are small and withouth ventilation, therefore it was actually hard to breath in them.

There's a bus station in front of the hotel. Also, the staff were super helpful and kind. the included breakfast is fair enough, considering the overall price. All the facilities and the rooms were very clean.

The room was comfortable, shared bathrooms were cosy but...
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

For those traveling without a car, Hotel Alpenblick is a bit of a hike...especially in the offseason, when buses do not come often to/from the Grindelwald train station. WiFi was also a bit problematic.

The room was comfortable, shared bathrooms were cosy but clean, staff were helpful, and the free breakfast was a wonderful value. Also, most importantly, the view from one side of the hotel was superb.

Best hotel to stay in Grindelwald
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Need to improve breakfast options

Breakfast was OK. View from the room was fantastic. Bus stop is right in front of hotel. Hotel provided free bus pass (guest card allows you unlimited free bus rides & also discounts in restaurants & for cable car tickets). Staff quite friendly. Service - excellent.

Great location, great place, would strongly recommend.

The strong smell from near by place, though not throughout but would help if hotel can do something, so the windows can be kept open throughout. No lock in bathroom, though went with family, but it would be better have some arrangements for the same :-)

Great location, great place, would strongly recommend. The reception was good and was very helpful for local visit. The picnic spot was a great idea, and was very useful. Very clean.

Fantastic hotel in a beautiful location!
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The staff were very warm and welcoming. From the moment we arrived they gave us so much useful information to make the most of the time we were staying there. I couldn’t have asked for a better location. We were right in the middle of Gringlewald, easy walking distance to lots of trails in different directions. The view from our room and the breakfast room was breathtaking. We also had dinner in the hotel one night, the food was delicious. I would love to visit again!

Nice experience to stay. My kids are very happy to stay in the attic and the space is big.
    • Family Room (6 Adults) with Private Bathroom

The toilet is very small. The stairs to the attic is very small and steep, need to be very careful.

The room is very clean and space is suitable for more than 5 people. Breakfast is good. There is big ourdoor balcony to face Egger, you can stay there to enjoy the good view.

It was great!
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The only thing that could have been better is if we had our own bathrooms, but I can see that this place was intended to have shared bathrooms (hence the lower price of this hotel compared to some of its neighboring hotels.

It was decently close to everything around the area. The staff was very friendly, and there was breakfast included. The overall value of our stay was amazing, and we really enjoyed it!

Great place to stay.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Great location with the stunning view from the window. Good stuff who let us leave our luggage for free after check out to enjoy exploring Alps even more.

Staffs were friendly, food in the restaurant-bar were good...
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The beds are too small and uncomfortable, couldn’t take a good rest

Staffs were friendly, food in the restaurant-bar were good with fare price and nice views

Pleasant stay, reasonable for the town but only a few small touches could make it that much better
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The facilities (toilet and shower) felt thrown together - also we had the unfortunate fact we came on a Sunday meaning sadly the splendid terrace is shut. Not a problem but if its somethings you want to enjoy, come during the week or Saturday!

The staff were friendly, the view absolutely splendid. Both the room we had and the terrace looked out onto mountain bliss.

We had a very pleasant stay in Hotel Alpenblick last April 6.
    • Family Room (6 Adults) with Private Bathroom

The stairs in the family room are steep; there is no elevator in the hotel and the toilet door does not lock, but manageable.

We had a very pleasant stay in Hotel Alpenblick last April 6. The room is very clean and complete. The wifi, plugs, tv are working perfectly fine. The views from the hotel are stunning. Breakfast was also sumptuous and generous. Staffs are very accomodating. The location is just opposite a bus station, and from there, 5-7 minutes bus ride going to the Grindelwald train station. The hotel also gave us a pass to ride the bus for free.

The view from the hotel pub is spectacular and the barman is...
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

The bedding looked used, maybe it just was not ironed but on the other had it could have been old bedding. Facilities were basic and the room was tiny, overcrowded really, as when I got there two other people were sitting on my bed and eating their diner in the room and there was no other space. I think the price is too high for what is offered.

The view from the hotel pub is spectacular and the barman is really trying to be accommodating and helpful.

Nice old family budget hotel on nice location.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

No elevetor so if you have heavy bags then need to drag it up by yourself.

Small family budget hotel with a view to stunning mountains. Great value for money if you are spending day skiing and use hotel only for sleeping. Bus service is free in Grindelwald for hotel guest and but stops is infront of hotel which was very convinient. Also skiing station Frist is 2 stops from hotel.

+the view is amazing!
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

-they don’t have common area for travelers which means you have to stay in your room -you cannot even sit on your bed when you pick the bottom one -they don’t have key for you if you stay in a dormitory room

+the view is amazing!!! +locate is good 10 minutes walk(uphill) from the train station and 30s walk to the nearby bus station +they clean your bed everyday +clean and nice bed

Good location and warm enough inside the apartment
    • Family Room (6 Adults) with Private Bathroom

Toilet is a bit small, and no lift inside. You have to carry all your luggage as to walk up the stairs to get to your apartment

The beds are good and more than enough for family of 5.

Comfy beds, friendly staff, lovely bar and excellent views.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Unfortunately we didn’t sleep very well. Our room 207 was right next to the stairwell and we woken all the time with people coming up and down. It’s a shame as the view was stunning. I would recommend staying at the hotel but not in room 207.

Location is great. Close enough to walk into town. The beds are really comfy. The hotel has a nice bar and restaurant. We have a meal there New Year’s Eve that was very nice. The staff are friendly too.

The views make you want to get up in the morning.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Maybe a little more storage space for clothing.

The views from the hotel are great. Looking from the bedroom window every morning to see everything covered in snow was just beautiful. The rooms were cleaned daily and the whole hotel it self was very clean. The breakfast provided was typical continental but was nice and plentiful. We didn't get to eat in the restaurant but the menu looked good. Regret that we didn't now. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The bus stop to/from the village and train stations is right outside the hotel. This can be very useful as it can be a bit of a tricky walk sometimes. Totally enjoyed our stay here and wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Very much accessible and friendly staff..

Can give more recommendations on local info and other options around.

Located centrally and very much accessible by bus. Very friendly staff and provided a good breakfast. Good view of mountains from the rooms and had spacious balcony. Had a good time. Rooms n shower area maintained clean.

Our stay at Hotel Alpenblick was wonderful - good value for money. I would stay here again anytime.
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

No bath towels in the dorm stay. This isnt a deal breaker though. No fridge.

Everything was great about our stay. The facilities were always cleaned. They provided microwave and kettle. The views walking around the hotel was awesome. They gave discount to First and free bus ride coupon for the entire stay in Grindelwald.

simple but clean, great location, with good breakfast.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

only one wall socket in our room. The wall was no soundproof, i think many wooden houses have same problem.

The breakfast was good. You can see Eiger from Hotel, like their small bar next to the reception. they have nice beer and wine. Good location, five mins to the First cable car by bus, and the bus will stop in front of hotel. Take a note the timetable will help saving time of waiting. Walking to the station is around 15 mins. the night with clear sky, we saw many stars.

A fair place to stay for mountain exploration and other adventure activities
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

Beds a bit tired. Access to the upper bunk beds need something discreet for assistance

Location; A prime spot to enjoy your breakfast, lunch & or dinner & appreciate the fantastic mountains Breakfast; Few things available but of good quality and quantity Staff; Very friendly and accommodating Cleanliness; Pleasantly surprised

Overall an average stay, good for short stay and lone travelers. Not recommended families
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

not convenient for senior citizens, no elevator, small rooms, hotel staff not friendly and didnt provide utensils to heat baby food.

view from the hotel

Property as described.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Property as described. Nice older B&B with shared shower and toilet. Excellent value for money in Switzerland. Would stay at this property again for the value. Good breakfast in the morning.

5* accommodation -best place to stay in Grindelwald
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The views outside my window (picture below), modern and clean toilets, in-house restaurant, access to public transport -bus stop 20 steps from front door, access to town centre -10 to 15 minute walk, leisure breakfast, polite staff and the quietness of the place after 9pm.

Great place to stay at Grindelwald ! *****
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Located in the picture perfect valley of Grindelwald ! Your allsquare accomodation ! It can not be any better staying elsewhere ! Views ,food at the restaurant & the friendly service of Jürg & the rest of the team is simply mervelous ! Center point of all activities are only a few bus stops away & buses are free !

wonderful place
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

the internet WiFi wasn't very strong and every time you need to access again. and the breakfast every day is the same (limited options)

I love the location and the hotel was very clean and nice

Nice hostel-like property with shared bathrooms/showers.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Nice hostel-like property with shared bathrooms/showers. The double room also had a sink in the room. Nice for brushing teeth, washing hands, etc. Amazing views outside the windows or from the deck! Room was clean, quiet and cozy. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was good.

We stayed only one night but we liked :
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Although we reserved a double room, we stayed in a 5 beds room - not such a big problem, only it seemed crowded and not what we expected; The bathroom , common on the floor, had little intimacy, was just closed with some thin panels. Kind of "thin " walls, we could hear what the other were talking in the other room , the steps of the room above - understandable as it seemed all made by wood .

We stayed only one night but we liked : Very nice location , nice terraces where we could admire the great view of the mountain; Clean room with simple wood furniture , clean bathroom ( shared on the floor ) Good breakfast with enough options, mainly continental, nice restaurant Nice and helpfull staff

They rushed us out before time to check out.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

They rushed us out before time to check out. We were told check out was 11:30; however the cleaning lady said it was 11:00. The Older gentleman at the front desk kept saying we need the room for the next guest so you have to check out.

A family friendly place. Will recommend to others and definitely stay again.
    • Family Room (6 Adults) with Private Bathroom

It is about 15-20 minutes walk (up-hill) from the train station which became a challenge for us with kids (9 and 5). No fried eggs / sunny side up for breakfast :(.

Very friendly staff. Spacious and clean rooms. Great view of the mountains and the valley. Our kids loved the property. Very close to the bus stop.

Nice location but noisy
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

We were very annoyed by the noise of other people staying at the place. It's poorly insulated and we could hear everything that was happening outside the room (people opening/closing the door, going to toilet,etc). We wanted to sleep in a bit from tiring hiking days, but wasn't possible.

We liked the mountain view from the room and the size of the room. It was spacious. Also the restaurant on site was pretty good.

Breakfast of limited variety but of excellent quality.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

15 mins walk uphil from the rail station - some may not like it.

Breakfast of limited variety but of excellent quality. Great view from windows, typical, cozy, mountainous house.

Great food, location and view for a great price
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Terrace had no door handle on the outside so you got locked out by other guests, would be good to have a safety measure to contact reception for that

Great location and view from the window as well - town and bus stop are right there as well so that is great. The food was amazing and we had dinner only there, prices are fair - try the chicken and risotto!

Positives: A friendly manager, good cleaners, excellent food and beer, fabulous views.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

I did not like the fact there was no shower gel (at least a small bottle) and no shampoo. I've never experienced that in any hotel before. So this caused me to have additional expenses. I also thought the breakfast was rather a repetition of the same choices each morning. A wider variety would go a long way.

I loved the views from my hotel room's windows. Excellent location as the hotel is surrounded by mountains.

For the price it would of been OK without the bug bites. But, not a pleasant stay.
    • Single Bed in Dormitory Room

Well.....how would say this......before I stayed there, "no bed bug bites". After I stayed there, "a dozen bed bug bites". Additionally, the reception was a little bit cold and abrupt and there was a bit of drunken loud-distractions occurring in the middle of the night, (this might of been an isolated incident).

The food they served was excellent and amazing for the price. The servers were great. The location is perfect. For a hostel, the toilets and showers were relatively clean.

Loved the location
    • Family Room (6 Adults) with Private Bathroom

The hotel is dated, staff not forthcoming with assistance, access to room by spiral staircase difficult with luggage, breakfast only average

The location was excellent.

Great. We'd definitely stay here again.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

No tea or coffee facilities in our room. Pillows are way too soft - but they all seem the same in Switzerland- so not the fault of the venue.

Room was huge and having our own shower was lovely. Water was hot and shower pressure excellent. Everything lovely and clean. Views were breathtaking. Nice stroll into town. Food at restaurant was delicious and average Swiss pricing. Breakfast was great - finally a toaster!!! They let us leave our car there for additional nights when we went up the mountain - exceptional service!!!!

Decent small inn with stunning view of nature of mount alps
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The window in the hotel room has stunning unblocked view of mount alps! It's highly recommended! Not many modern buildings around. They are all traditionally Swiss buildings. Best for photo taking