Reviews of Hotel Bellevue-Wengen 3 stars

Hotel Bellevue, 3823 Wengen, Switzerland

#22 of 52 hotels in Wengen

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

The hotel, view, friendliness of staff, breakfast and especially evening dinner were great.
    • Double or Twin Room with Mountain View

The bathroom was smaller that we would have liked. The shower was minimal and could use updating. It was clean and fully functional. It served its purpose. This is the only criticism we have. Everything else was wonderful.

We had only evening meal at the hotel, but it was very good. Three or five courses were offered. We chose a three course dinner and could choose three of any of the five on the menu. The cost was very reasonable for the quality and presentation. We will eat as many of our evening meals as possible at the Bellevue if we visit Wengen again.

I enjoyed the view from the room and outdoor jacuzzi. Thank you the hand-written card & chocolate.
    • Double or Twin Room with Mountain View

Like mother, the master there dominates everything and guests like kids, just obey them. No special request is fulfilled. Dinner and breakfast tables are all assigned. We just wanted to have a better window seat table, sorry, it seemed NOT possible. Requesting to have room on higher floor, NO way. Actually hosts are too busy to entertain their guest in relax mood. Lift is available in the hotel, but staircase is must for guests no matter which floor your room is.

I like the place - Wengen, enjoying the stunning view from hotel. It's small hotel running by a family (old couple). A bit home feel and quiet room. Location is good.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

I would not hesitate to stay here again, i would love to go back, absolutely loved it!
    • Double or Twin Room with Mountain View

All was wonderful, nothing to complain about! Use the free shuttle from the station though as its a bit of a walk with cases.

Judith and staff were so helpful, we had booked a room with a view and it was spectacular, the breakfast was yummy and the jacuzzi view with elderfower fizz cocktails was out of this world, particularly after a long mountain trek!

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Great view of the valley.
    • Double or Twin Room

Slightly rigid dinner timings if you plan to eat in there. Bathrooms rather small.

Great view of the valley. Decent breakfast spread. The lady helped us with room slippers and helped dry out shoes in the dryer room as they got wet in the rain while hiking.

Charm and quaint place

I had a spacious, very clean room at the back of the building, however there are many rooms with great views of Jungfrau and the valley. Location is superb; walking distance to train station and Männlichen cable car and information center. The hotel is a pleasant 10-15 minute walk from Wengen railway station. The hotel also provides free pick up and drop from the railway station through an electric car – you have to announce them in advance. The hotel staffs were very helpful. The breakfast was fantastic and the ambience superb. I spent only 1 night at the hotel as we were in transit to Interlaken, but I would definitely return to this place in the future.

Hotel in a quiet place with the perfect view.

The Hotel Bellevue-Wengen is situated the in the quiet place in about 8…10 min on foot from Wengen Railway Station. It’s a cosy family run 125-years-old hotel. There is a good restaurant in the hotel, half-board also possible. Very good breakfast. (The welcome drink was very tasty too.) Beautiful views of the Lauterbrunnen valley from the sun terrace. The room was clean, quite big and comfortable. It was a safe in the room, but no TV (big TV set in the common room, this is the hotel policy – guests may completely relax without disturbing news and so on). There is a free Wi-Fi in the hotel. Very friendly English- and German-speaking hosts and staff. Very good value for money.

Delightful Little Hotel

It's a delightful little hotel and Judith ensures that everything is perfect for you. The breakfast is excellent and there are Swiss cheeses and cured meats to taste. Highly recommended.

Most beautiful location, great view, great food
    • Single Room with Mountain View

In my single room the toilet is between the wall and the side of the shower which cannot be moved, meaning it was uncomfortably cramped.

The view is the best I have ever had. I did not leave the hotel during my stay

Charming. Delightful. A perfect stay for our long-awaited trip to the Swiss Alps!
    • Double or Twin Room

We had a delightful stay and I would fully recommend this hotel.

We loved our beautiful hotel on the edge of town, and though it took about 10 minutes to walk into town, it was a beautiful walk and great exercise. Unless you stay in this hotel, you may miss the most GORGEOUS views in Wengen! On your way to the hotel is a white church with a steeple and clock on it (you can see it from town). You must go all the way up the path past the church doors and continue straight through a pathway to an overlook onto the most gorgeous scenery in Wengen! Also, do be sure to walk PAST the hotel as well for another gorgeous walk into the Swiss residential countryside. Although our hotel was old (it was built before the railroad came through the town) we LOVED its charm. Our room was so comfortable, clean, and delightful. The breakfast was AMAZING and such a great and delicious start to our day! We were so happy with our 3 nights at this charming older hotel. And the views from the patios are AMAZING!! Thank you, Judith, for a wonderful stay!

Charming hotel on the edge of wengen with amazing views and farm fresh meals
    • Double or Twin Room

We arrived and the host, Judith, was incredibly welcoming. We were given a refreshing drink upon arriving and our room was comfortable, clean and a good size. We went down to dinner and it was fantastic. The most impressive thing is that they grow their own vegetables and fruit so all of the produce is literally farm to table. I had the salad bar and it was amazing-endive, arugula, interesting baby cauliflowers, tomatoes. fresh cheese...and then the ROSTI was out of this world!!! Good wine selection, too. The hosts are so kind. I forgot my laptop and they contacted us to tell us and even offered to put it on a train and have it brought to us where we were staying in Murren. Such a lovely place. Such lovely people. A bit out of the main town--wort of in between Wengwald and Wengen train stations.

Location was good.
    • Double or Twin Room with Mountain View

Staff could go the extra mile in general...unless this is a cultural thing. I was disappointed with the fact that as a guest, we didn't have the free choice of our table for breakfast, especially when the occupation of the hotel didn't seem so heavy and as a guest i estimated that giving this liberty wouldn't really affect the overall function of the breakfast.

Location was good. View from the room was beautiful. The room was small, but cozy, comfortable and peaceful. Jacuzzi was fully functional. Really appreciated local products for breakfast.

Fantastic view.
    • Single Room with Mountain View

Fantastic view. A good view is always my first consideration when looking for a place to stay and my room really had the best view in Wengen. I could see the town, the Jungfrau mountains, the Lauterbrunnen valley and the mountains on the other side of the valley. Make sure to order a room with Jungfrau view.

Best location, best view!
    • Double or Twin Room with Mountain View

Best location in Wengen if you wanna have the best view of the Lauterbrunnen Valey! The free transfer with electrical car is a very nice facility since the hotel is little bit far from the center.

The view from the balcony is stunning.
    • Single Room with Mountain View

The view from the balcony is stunning. Definitely will go back to stay for the view. 10 mins walk from train station. You can tell them to pick you up. Breakfast is good. Just take note that this is a quiet place. No TV and no fridge . Staff is very helpful .

A charming hotel with great staff and excellent location but facilities are quite dated

The property is charming but is quite dated and needs to be upgraded. A double bed should be double bed not two single beds put together.

Excellent location with great staff!

Good quiet location with the best view in Wengen
    • Double or Twin Room with Mountain View

- It was a great three night stay; would probably stay there again and recommend to friends however be aware of some of the drawbacks: - would have preferred a tv in the room for local weather and news updates - staff could have been friendlier; could have been more welcoming; they looked stressed as soon as more guests were coming in check in; need a bit more experience in international hospitality; we had to come back to get a bucket of ice (sounded stressed and overwhelmed) - the kitchen, breakfast buffet couldn't serve us scrambled eggs(only for an additional $ charge), they only had hard boiled eggs in the buffet; assigned seating - restaurant wasn't too appealing for dinner; had to let them know well in advance if dining there - cleaning staff knocked very early in the morning when we were still in our room - shuttle wasn't available when we were in a rush to catch a train checking out

- We paid extra to get the corner unit and it was spectacular - view was breathtaking - location was walking distance to the town with more privacy and a nice, quiet area - love the car free zone of Wengen - welcome treat with juice - easy check in and check out (we prepaid online) - breakfast was included in the room rate - lights on the balcony was a romantic addition - shower was quite spacious - room was a decent good size for two people - maintained very clean - able to borrow umbrella - staff was able to assist in promoting activities and suggesting tourist attractions - breakfast buffet had good variety

Nice property, within walking distance to everything in Wengen!
    • Double or Twin Room with Mountain View

We were booked the same weekend as a 30-guest wedding party. They stayed up all hours in the evening and held very loud conversations below our room on the back patio and lawn until 4:30am!! The weather was hot, so we had to sleep with the windows open (no A/C) and the first evening was not enjoyable for sleeping. Things improved greatly when the wedding party checked out and the weather cooled off.

The staff was very accommodating; the views from our room were stunning and the 1/2 board dinner option was excellent.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

This is a family-run hotel in a traditional style so that...
    • Single Room with Mountain View

Nothing as I accepted it as a traditional hotel and it delivers as such.

This is a family-run hotel in a traditional style so that applies to the facilities and food. Hence, no room TV and a cold breakfast buffet but with plenty of choice. Staff were very friendly and welcoming and the hotel was very clean with rooms and facilities in good order. One bonus I wasn't aware of was that I got free ski and boot deposit right by the lift meaning the short walk (around 10 mins) was quite pleasant. It also certainly lives up to its name; the view from the bedroom balcony is stunning!

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Very friendly family-run hotel
    • Double or Twin Room with Mountain View

Very friendly family-run hotel Spacious rooms with excellent view over the lauterbrunnen valley Very nice whirlpool with an awesome view Excellent breakfast and dinner The staff even brought us the luggage to the station at the last day

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Bellevue is my new 'Happy Place'
    • Single Room with Mountain View

On the hotel website, I almost booked a room without a mountain view, simply because i did not see that there was a difference between "mountain view rooms" and rooms without a "mountain view". It would have been very helpful to make that information more obvious or cause it to stand out somehow so that others do not make this mistake. Thank goodness I saw at the last minute that I was able to specifically book a room that faced the mountains. :)

I loved the simplicity of the rooms; they were very clean and cozy. The comforter especially was so soft and warm. And the rooms were well heated. I loved that there was no TV. I loved the free breakfast spread in the morning- it was an amazing spread and a very Swiss experience for me. The view was completely breathtaking from my room and the free jacuzzi completely put the cherry on top of my already amazing stay. The staff were incredibly friendly, hard-working, and helpful with any questions I had (especially since I did not know how the process of skiing/rentals worked- the staff answered all my questions and gave me great advice). If I have an opportunity to come again, I would absolutely love to return here and I would recommend this place to anyone who asks me.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Amazing hot tub, lovely and helpful staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

Amazing hot tub, lovely and helpful staff.

Glorious view.

Glorious view. Excellent food.Helpful staff

no facilities to make coffee/tea in the room.
    • Double or Twin Room

no facilities to make coffee/tea in the room.

Really appreciate the assistance of hotel staff
    • Double or Twin Room

The way was too hard to reach.but the staff and people at hotel were too gud and co operative.

Really appreciate the assistance of hotel staff

The room was just right.
    • Single Room with Mountain View

The room was just right. Very clean. The view from my balcony was awesome. The breakfast was great and the staff were over and above!!

Nice place but to costly than comfort.
    • Double or Twin Room

All rooms do not have moumtain view.

Too costly than facility.

We’ll be back
    • Double or Twin Room with Mountain View

Best view in Wengen. Friendly staff.

Nice alpine stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Very bad smell from the toilet

Everything was nice! I recommend this hotel!

Wonderful and if we could provide a rating of 11/10 we would.
    • Double or Twin Room with Mountain View

Aside from the great room and excellent service by Judith and her staff, the views from our room/balcony were breathtaking

breakfast was great.

breakfast was great.. Staff was very courteous and helpful.

Excellent. Will stay again.
    • Single Room with Mountain View

Wonderful, friendly staff. A real warm welcome. Rooms were comfy and clean. The hotel is a quick walk to the main street.

Coffee in the room.
    • Double or Twin Room

Coffee in the room. Moody staff.

Expensive for what it offered.
    • Double or Twin Room

Expensive for what it offered. Lead staff member seemed unfriendly and disrespectful

Unblocked beautiful view of the valley

Unblocked beautiful view of the valley

Location infront of beatififul mountain
    • Double or Twin Room with Mountain View

The old woman in the reception, she was racist, and not polite

Location infront of beatififul mountain

Best location poor service
    • Double or Twin Room with Mountain View

The staff attitude was very poor. The old woman is very racist and impolite.

Good breakfast, friendly owner

Weather 😂

Good breakfast, friendly owner

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Amazing views

Friendly staff and Amazing views...

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Staff very friendly

Staff very friendly

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

best place in Wengen
    • Double or Twin Room with Mountain View

Everything was wonderful especially the view and the food. Fantastic place to stay in Wengen, the best.

• Reviewed: 6 March 2016

Good food, upgrade from single room much appreciated.

A smile from Judith, the owner, would have improved the check in. She was rather stern. Charging for tap water at the dining table when one is already paying for dinner.

Good food, upgrade from single room much appreciated. Lovely hot tub session - towelling robe and slippers offered.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

Service extremely welcoming and friendly, I was treated like...

Artificial wood-look in room.

Service extremely welcoming and friendly, I was treated like an old friend or welcome house guest. View from my room was stunning. Very peaceful location,

• Reviewed: 15 August 2015

Nice clean rooms.

The owner, which was a lady, was not too friendly.the rest of the staff was very helpful.food was good.

Nice clean rooms. a little strange that there was no TV in the room.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2015

Excellent location for those seeking quietness but still...

Breakfast was average, with limited choice of cold cuts and croissants. Limited options for meals at the restaurant.

Excellent location for those seeking quietness but still close to restaurants and shops. Breakfast excellent choice of cheese, jam and bread. Staff friendly and helpful. Room was comfortable, spectacular view.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2015

Judith GrafEngi the owner is tireless in showing interest in...

The menu has little to offer for vegetarians.

Judith GrafEngi the owner is tireless in showing interest in one's well-being. Little decorative touches demonstrate a good attention to detail. The presentation and quality of the food is excellent and not expensive.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2015

Very clean, very quiet, personnel and management team very...

Very clean, very quiet, personnel and management team very kind and really helpful, excellent breakfast. In addition, pick up at Wengen train station, even late in the evening

• Reviewed: 10 January 2015

The staff at the Bellevue Wengen went above and beyond to...

The staff at the Bellevue Wengen went above and beyond to provide everything we needed for our trip. The view was breathtaking and the hotels unique character with the garden railway and hot tub on the balcony made our stay so memorable and enjoyable.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2015

Excellent food for a 3 star hotel.

No TV in room though this information is available beforehand.

Excellent food for a 3 star hotel. Homely atmosphere. Personal attention from owners. If you have special requests, they will listen to them. Single accommodation surprisingly spacious with a private balcony and astounding view. Room impeccably kept. In a quiet position just outside town but walkable. You are picked up upon arrival and taken to the station upon request.

• Reviewed: 27 February 2016

One of the best views in the world.

The hotel itself is clean but a bit dated.

One of the best views in the world.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

Friendliness

Friendliness

• Reviewed: 28 January 2016

Judith and staff was very helpful.

Nothing, Only that I had to leave.... :-)

Judith and staff was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2016

Very friendly staff.

Very friendly staff. Awesome spa on the deck. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2015

location is good with a marvellous view of the valley and...

Hot water is not so stable when having a shower.

location is good with a marvellous view of the valley and the snow mountain

• Reviewed: 9 August 2015

the staff was very great

the bed very clean but not very confort

the staff was very great

• Reviewed: 8 August 2015

The receptionist was so nice and friendly we felt home

The receptionist was so nice and friendly we felt home

• Reviewed: 17 March 2015

Lovely setting and pleasant staff with excellent Swiss...

Lovely setting and pleasant staff with excellent Swiss hospitality .

• Reviewed: 11 March 2015

Very comfortable and cozy and in particular very friendly...

There is a 5 min walk to village but it is a nice walk

Very comfortable and cozy and in particular very friendly staff that make you feel comfortable

There are also 18 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.