Reviews of Best Western Hotel Chavannes de Bogis 3 stars

Les Champs Blancs, 1279 Chavannes-de-Bogis, Switzerland

#2 of 2 hotels in Chavannes-de-Bogis

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The bikes are not for free as advertised. Rooms are not enough spacious.

Overall, the hotel is very nice and clean with a lovely view of Geneva lake. The breakfast was great.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Seeing as it’s not a cheap hotel, I don’t see why the shouldn’t have complimentary drinking water in the rooms. It would have been nice to also have an iron box in the room and only charge for laundry

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Even though the hotel is outside of Geneva, I loved the location as there was a free shuttle. A large shopping centre is located about 20mins walk away. They staff were lovely and friendly. I stayed in room 2051 and had a magnificent view of the lakes and mountains. The bed was super comfy and the room spacious. The bathroom was roomy and clean. I didn’t have the opportunity to use the spa facilities but hope to in the future. The breakfast was good and varied. My daughter accompanied me the last day and was offered a 10chf express breakfast. Will definitely, be may first choice in the future when visiting Suisse.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There was some refurbishment work going on but this had very little effect on us. Nothing to complain about. Room was quiet and very clean. The hotel is a few miles outside Geneva and the Motorway can be busy. Allow enough time if you have connections to make.

Super friendly and efficient staff. Very helpful when we needed to use the shuttle bus to and from Geneva Airport. The hotel has great views of the lake. Good breakfast. 30 mins walk to nearby shopping centre with Cafes.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

My partner took taxi from the airport and paid 50 euro only for 15km drive. I strongly recommend to use shuttle bus if you are not in a hurry. Elevator was slow.

This hotel has spacious free parking space. Nice breakfast.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Lake View

The hotel is very far away from lake Geneva - you need to walk to a bus stop (about 10 min) and then change into a train. The lights in the room were too dim.

Comfortable rooms with a lovely view. Excellent breakfast. Free airport shuttle.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Just be aware that without a car, the use of the free shuttle bus to Coppet would be necessary, and you need to book. I needed more flexibility so chose to drive (20 mins) to the P&R at La Tuilerie. Nothing to do with the hotel, but I do not recommend taking a car into central Geneva. P&R is good value and very easy.

Everything in the room worked - very good TV, excellent shower, tea and coffee facility. Bed was comfortable, car parking plentiful. Quiet. Easy to find from the airport and motorway. Food was a highlight - the breakfast was good, above average, Evening meal was absolutely superb with attentive service, a good menu, cooked and presented to a very high quality. (Note: I did not use the shuttle bus or the pool/spa facilities so cannot comment but the whole place had a good feel about it.) Would stay there again.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was great. The Restaurant for dinner had a wide choice and was reasonably priced. The terrace is lovely, shame the weather was too cold as the pool looked nice. Great choice of Television channels. Plenty of parking and Close to the motorway. so convenient to get to.

• Family Room with Lake View

The breakfasts were great with a huge variety available. The rooms were big and comfortable beds. The bathroom was big and very clean. We didn't use the pool but it looked great.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Lake View

The room was not as what we requested. They mentioned it is a lake view room,but it was to the side of the lake. The room service was not the best. The breakfast is limited for Muslims.

It is clean.

Dining room staff were under pressure due to the volume of guests and consequently were most unhelpful when asked about breakfast issues. At 9.40am there was no bread left, no fruit, shortage of cutlery- Very very disappointing.

Reception staff very helpful and friendly.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Noisy first thing in the morning with cleaners hoovering at 8am outside our room. The pool was un-usable as it was ice cold. Even my tough kids said it was way to cold. Cost of both food and drink at the bars seemed expensive, £8.00 for a normal sized beer. Very close to a major road so if you like to sleep with the window open then this isn't the hotel for you. Even at 3:00am the traffic could be heard.

An average hotel but ok for our needs for two nights. The restaurant seemed over priced for what it offered.

• Superior Double or Twin with Lake View and access to the Wellness center

Entrance price to wellness area could be a little be cheaper than CHF 30.- per person as it is quite small. Quite noisy (we could hear from our room everything that happenned in the corridor). We arrived at 0930 for breakfast (ending at 10am). Bread choice was very poor, many boxes were empty and although we were still quite a few looking for something to eat, nobody came to re-fill the pastries baskets. There were still some (dried) baguettes, juicy fruits, cheese, and charcuterie. Coffee was also not real coffee.

We had an amazing dinner at Hotel Restaurant. The view from terrace and pool is splendid. The level 4 wellness area is good with one hamam, one sauna and 2 romantic baths. Rooms are big and modern.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The shuttle to town was booked and there is no public transport near to this hotel as far as I know so I had to take a taxi which as it is Switzerland was ridiculously expensive. The price of hotels in Geneva is quite outrageous. I had a meeting at the WHO and had to go but otherwise I would strongly advise not visiting Switzerland. The only reasonably priced thing was bus travel. They cannot even organise the security and passport checks at the airport efficiently (45 min wait). This is a country that really appears to just want your money.

Friendly staff Great location, I walked down to Lake Geneva

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Everthing was great!!! I had a large room, happy helpful staff, great breakfast and great price. Wish I had this hotel at all the places I stayed in Switzerland.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Very noisy hotel, poor or no sound proofing in bedrooms means you keep waking up throughout the night by late returning guests and as tour groups stay here it is very loud. Decor is very outdated.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel locates pretty much in the middle of nowhere, but they run the shuttle bus service and can pick up/drop off the customer as requested. Excellent staff.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Many things disappointed me. a) Some of the staff at Reception and in the Restaurant had very unhelpful racist tendencies. On one of the days, I went for dinner but the restaurant manager asked me and my friend to go back to the rooms and wait 20 minutes before she could get us a table on the outside. We decided to wait right next to the bar area. To our disappointment, other guests that came after us were immediately given tables...while we still waited! I asked one of the guests, whom I had met 2 days before, if he had booked a table in advance...his answer was NO. The lady Manager just decided to give him a table, even though he came several minutes after us! When I complained to the manager about the unfair treatment, she was least bothered and all she said was that it was a busy night and that she had forgotten about my request! b) Shuttles: The Shuttle allocations are very discriminative. Many times I had to wait at the airport for close to 2 hours before I could be picked. Most of the other hotels have shuttles that come to the airport every 20 - 30 minutes. BW only sends a car when a guest at the hotel needs to be dropped at the airport! c)Shuttles: On one occasion, a lady from Reception agreed to drop me at the United Nations, via the airport, where she was dropping other guests. When we got there, she refused to take me to UN and insisted a take a bus / train. I explained to her that I didn't have local money to pay the bus / train (I had US Dollars but NO Swiss Francs!), she insisted I must find my way! By grace of God, another BW van came by, and he agreed to take me to the UN! I overall think BW is a great hotel, it is just that some staff have a really disrespectful attitude, especially of people from our continent! Hopefully, they get to understand that all customers must be treated withe respect, irrespective of their origin. This is what happens when I go to other sites around the world

The hotel is boutique and nice. The rooms are small, but are cozy. The bathrooms are clean and beds comfortable, thanks a lot

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There was no room service option. Guests could order from the room but then had to go to the restaurant to pick up the order. Also, no covers were supplied to cover the food during transport from the dining room to the guest room.

The staff were friendly and helpful. There was a good variety of items at breakfast. The bed was comfortable.

• Family Room with Lake View

Staff was very pathetic, Room service very poor, In spite of booking, they demand security for meaningless thing like electrical adaptor, half litter of water for family for 24 hours, if you ask for more water , you need to pay more. NO shuttle service if your flight will be quite early in the morning. Exactly same breakfast every day.

location was good, quite place.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Lake View

Lack of public transportation especially for overseas visitors without car. The shuttle only drop you at Coppet station. Have difficulty getting a ticket for the train. Better to give a free pass ticket for transportation or else a prepaid ticket that I can buy from the hotel. There is no one to assist at Coppet station. The machine for the ticket is not clear especially for first time experience by visitors Most people are unwilling to help at Coppet station. Also coming back from the city to Coppet there is no public transport to take you back to the hotel. If the hotel can supply I am happy to pay for it at an affordable price. There's is no taxi available or buses. Taxi fees are very expensive. It will be difficult to recommend to my friends to book to BW and who may face similar problem like myself. For those with cars or enjoying long distant walking do go ahead to book in BW. I am only expressing my personal experience.

Cleanliness

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Just make sure you "book" the airport shuttle prior to arrival. We were not aware we needed to do this (assuming a regular service), but it wasn't a problem waiting around in the airport for a bit. The hotel does also cater for weddings, so expect the odd event by the pool area, but the hotel staff did well managing the event and noise levels in the restaurant area (thankfully our room was looking out to mountains by carpark side i.e. quieter side, although you do get to see the main road). This isn't a negative point, just making you aware, but can happen at any hotel. Breakfast was good but would have been nice to few other hot meal options, cooked tomatoes, toast etc.

Accommodation was nice, location was in the middle of the countryside, which is what we like and prefer. Lovely views down to Lake Geneva and the mountains covered in snow, just wish I could have that view every day. Weather whilst we were there was a nice 25-30 deg C. Airport shuttle is "free" which is a bonus, as I was making a few trips back and forth from the airport. Airport is 15 mins from hotel. Cost would be at least 50 CHF each way, so spending more on nice accommodation for this free service was a good idea (checked this out prior to any booking). Staff friendly and helpful at all times. Hotel nice and clean and has relaxing bar for a few drinks before bed. Lovely garden to relax during day by pool, looking out onto the lake and view, whilst catching that all important sun tan. :-) Worth adding there is a shopping complex on the other side of the main road, with restaurants etc and is about 20 mins walk from hotel. We didn't use it as it was a bank holiday.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Noisy! First room given was directly above the noisy kitchen. So asked for a new one. On the second night in the new room somebody played loud in a nearby room until almost midnight before the staff finally responded to complaints and stopped it.

Not much. Very expensive for average hotel.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Rooms of economy level were very small. The double room would be more adequate for a single occupant than for a couple as there is very little space to open a suitcase. If you prefer to sleep with the window open, ask for a room that is not on the side of the highway.

Rooms were clean and modern. No carpeting so ideal for people with allergies. The staff responded quickly when we asked for larger pillows.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Terrible soundproofing and very uncomfortable bed. I did not get a good night's sleep.

Staff was courteous and accommodating when I requested a different room (original room was very stinky). The second room was modern (obviously a renovated wing), clean and not stinky. The location was good for business in Nyon.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Elevators need an upgrade. A noisy, shaky experience up to the 4th floor. No sound or light feedback when a floor is selected, the elevator waits and waits before closing the screeching doors.

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Lake View

The room did face the lake, but it was so far away you couldn't see the water. The staff in the restaurant were inattentive.

Front desk staff very helpful and pleasant. Location good for the airport.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

• Family Room with Lake View

Food was quite expensive to eat as a family but I think this is true for Geneva in general, not just at the hotel Remote location but it was not a problem to book the free shuttle service into Geneva airport every day - they ran about every 30 mins

Breakfast included for a good start to the day. Spacious rooms. Helpful staff. Free airport shuttle minibus could be booked each day at reception to take you into Geneva and pick you up later in the day. Clean and comfortable hotel Lovely views of the lake

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

No bathroom toiletries. Light switch in bathroom only found just before leaving in the morning as hidden under shelf!

Airport shuttle very useful and efficient.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The Booking.com page stated that the hotel provided airport shuttle service but neglected to mention the hours. I needed a 5:15 am shuttle to the airport and their service did not start until 6:30 am. I requested they pay for a taxi and they declined my request which forced me to pay over $80 US for a 12 minute taxi ride. I would have chosen a different hotel based on that knowledge.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Family Room with Lake View

this property seems to have a lot of weddings-- a very noisy one was going on the night we arrived, two more scehduled for next day. boom, boom, boom went the very loud, banal dance music during dinner in the restaurant and into the night from our room. a/c didn't work in one room. sofa bed cushions wouldn't stay put when used as a sofa-- slipped out onto the floor constantly.

staff very courteous. truly wonderful view of fields, lake, mountains. spacious accommodations. minibar not overpriced (for switzerland). on lake side of rpoperty, the nearby feeway does not disturb at all, one is shielded. great place for kids with pool, great playground.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I have stayed twice in this hotel because it's close to my son school and it's noticeable that the staff are non friendly

The location and the view is great

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Lake View

Did not use many facilities as staying in hotel to visit family nearby. Staff were pleasant and helpful if approached.

Breakfast on the terrace was very pleasant. Food choices were good and mostly kept well stocked. Room was clean and functional with comfortable bed, bathroom very well fitted. Air conditioning was a bonus as weather was very warm!

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was disgusting. Meats and cheeses were uncovered with flies crawling on them, the scrambled eggs were sitting in a strange puddle of cloudy water, the orange juice tasted awful, and the coffee was among the worst I've ever had at any hotel. If not for the few varieties of bread we probably wouldn't have eaten anything. Guests deserve much better at this price.

The wifi seemed to work ok and there was plenty of parking. The restaurant/bar and patio area around the pool was nice. There is a nice view of the mountains from the pool.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Good restaurant but a bit expensive and the swimming pool is rather small.

Great view of Geneva lake, very helpful staff and enjoyed excellent breakfast. Great shuttle bus service to Geneva and to the airport

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

a) The receptionists did not prepare my arrival b) The receptionists had to go to a separate office to check whether the hotel received my boooking (by booking.com) c) The receptionists had to ask me how much the accommodation costs d) The prize with booking.com did not match the prize the hotel was offering the accommodation for e) I had to convince the staff that I will only accept to pay the actual prize that is appearing with booking.com at which I reserved the reservation. f) the place was dimmed (light was not sufficient at the dining area : The atmsphere was gloomy g) the whole place was quite "gloomy" h) the breakfast was ready in time but there were things missing (spoons to get jams etc.) i) there was no staff looking after the breakfast buffet j) I had to iron my clothes. The reception had an iron plus a small table which I obtained with reception. The table was totally useless (broken !).

a) The location is easy to access by public transportation. b) The hotel has got a shuttle service to locations in G eneva.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We arrived by cycle and rainy weather. The staff was not helpful for the cycles - we had to leave them outside. Bad services in the bar - you had to ask for the servants to get a drink. Nobody was really interested to give you a good service and a nice accommodation. You do not feel welcome at all.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

- comunication of the staff - deposit was reserved (?) from my card, begining the holiday, but they didn't give me information about that, just use my card, like pay the accomodation cost and after I have seen that the minus was more than the costs. When we finished the stay, the total cost was paid separately, but they haven't paid the deposit back yet - 1 week...

- good location - nice balcon - nice, spacious room

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Checkout = disaster. If you charge people the price of a 5 star hotel and you know you have many business guess in your hotel, than you can't let them wait more than 30 minutes for a checkout in the morning. Feel. Picture an old 3 star roadside hotel with new carpets and some modern 'crisp' colors. That is exactly what this hotel was. Only reason I booked it: it was the easiest to reach from Geneva which was still available and under 300 CHF. Demand & Supply, I know. But what a rip-off.

Breakfast was ok.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Excellent location, excellent staff, excellent amenities, super clean rooms... I was pleasantly surprised.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Pillows could be more comfortable

Greay shuttle service to/from airport or palexpo

It looks outdated

It's outside city ..peaceful

Was very good.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Restaurant service was bit poor depend on staff.

• Family Room with Lake View

Staff very friendly and the use of the complimentary shuttle was excellent. We used this a lot.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Lake View

No room service pasta was cold had to return it

Better choice for vegetarian Spa facilities not as expected

Check In Note 5 minus

• Standard Double or Twin Room

If the weather is clear you have a wonderful view of the lake and the Alps from the breakfast room.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Slightly pricey but worth the money

Convenient for Geneva Airport.Best Breakfast we have seen in a hotel.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Distance. A bit far from UN Office.

Shuttle Service from/to the Airport

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Amodern hotel with views of Lac Leman. Comfy bed, nice bathroom; we were late down for breakfast so only got last knockings but that was our fault.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Nice view Restaurant inside of the hotel.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I did not find the bed comfortable and had a sore back each morning .

Staff were very friendly and helpful and everything seems to be efficiently run.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was small and the breakfast was poor

The room was clean and the location was good

Far from city

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff and drivers so nice and friendly I love the hotel

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Great hotel, have stayed many a time and always great service. Airport shuttle is brilliant.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room cleaning not up to standard. Left dirty glasses and plastic goblets in the room

Modern, Clean and functional

• Standard Double or Twin Room

They supplied gluten free food

Tired and noisy property

Except dogs in the hotel

Comfortable,free barking,good breakfast

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Lake View

The location for a walker of the Alpen panorama Weg is not ideal but not too bad

Pleasant staff. Nice restaurant. Good views in pleasant rural setting

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Lake View

No clothes washing fascilities. Laundry service cost a fortune.

Great breakfast, great views of mountains/ snow Alps.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff were very helpful and having the shuttle bus was great would stay there again.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff are extremely unfriendly!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff st br akfast were miseries

Location, atmosphere

Excellent Location. Lawn was good too

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Access to spa/saunna are subject to additonal charge.

Located at quite relaxing area. Convenient from/to central city.

Room service

It so calm

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff was very helpful. I like this place very much.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Lake View

There was no shuttle to city center of geneva. Too many fly in hotel

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Lake View

Loved the view location everything want go again!!

Distance from the centre

Staff

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Good breakfast, great fitness centre and thanks for pick up from airport on day 1 and drop to airport on last day