Reviews of Hotel Bristol 3 stars

Schluhmattstrasse 3, 3920 Zermatt, Switzerland

#111 of 317 hotels in Zermatt

Great view!
    • Small Double Room with Matterhorn View

This was our second time visiting Zermatt and staying in the same hotel. This time, we didn't get a room on the higher floor with Matterhorn view, but the room we got on the lower floor with Matterhorn view was nice. The room was much bigger than the upper floor and had a nice balcony which we loved. If you go outside the hotel, you can get a great view of Matterhorn on the bridge. We enjoyed the stay.

Hotel Bristol is in a perfect location.
    • Single Room with Mountain View

Hotel Bristol is in a perfect location...bus stop outside the door, half way from the bahnhof to the lift to the Matterhorn. It is on the quieter side of Zermatt and just over the river from the cemetery and museum. The breakfast was superb...besides eggs and the cold cuts, cheeses, brochen, cereal, fruit, etc. they also had a make your own pancakes and waffle station. The balcony looked down towards town and had a view of the mts. The single room was not large, but certainly efficient. It even had an electric tea kettle on the desk. The staff were wonderful. I would highly recommend staying at Hotel Bristol.

Our stay was everything we hoped for and more.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Matterhorn View

The only thing we didn’t like was the shower/bath combination. It was quite difficult to stand in as it was very narrow and quite deep so difficult to get into.

The view from our room and balcony was amazing - the Matterhorn looked so close you could touch it. The room was very large and the bed super comfortable. The included breakfast was delicious too.

very good stay, i will look for the brand of Hotel Bristol when i tour in Europe again.
    • Double Room with Matterhorn View

the breakfast is excellent, lots of choices, very comfortable restaurant. we have rooms with direct Metterhorn view, we can enjoy and take photos of Golden Metterhorn from our room.

Zermatt is a nice small town. Is worth staying
    • Small Double Room with Matterhorn View

The staff esp. the lady at the reception was way too good but the manager was extremely arrogant. But because we wanted the room we decided not to argue much.

The bed was comfy. The small room is way too small. Even the 5th floor room for 3 people was ok, nothing too great , though for European standards just ok. However Zermatt in itself is beautiful

Great apartment
    • Apartment Pollux

Cannot find a remote to control all “somfy” blinds and have a try.

Excellent views and kitchenware. Also, additional toilet is important for a number of people in the morning. Moreover, shared laundry is essential.

Great location and overall a good hotel! I'd stay there again...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Matterhorn View

There were a few mixed messages from the staff. Upon check-in we were told that we could also use the wellness facilities outside of the regular operating hours (i.e. 5 - 9pm), however when we spoke to another staff, we were told that this was not possible. That was quite disappointing... Also, it would have been great to have a king/queen-size bed instead of two single-beds that were just added together. But as it was just a one-night-stay for us, it was OK and we didn't mention this.

The view is simply spectacular. Wellness facilities are good and modern.

LOVED Zermatt!
    • Small Double Room with Mountain View

Nit-picking, but - We wanted to use the outside hot tub one evening due to our visit being our honeymoon but we were told they only turned that on during the winter. Seems there is a lot of emphasis being ‘out of season’ all over zermatt when it is out of season, and I think places should promote their other services in more detail rather than just saying ‘sorry out of season’ there was also a few flyers and leaflets around the hotel entrance for activities which weren’t open when we looked into it due to it being ‘out of season’

Great Matterhorn view from the 3rd floor. Breakfast was very varied and delicious. The spa was very relaxing after long days walking. Staff were all very friendly. Cleaners attended rooms everyday.

A comfortable stay in Zermatt
    • Double Room with Matterhorn View

The hotel is a bit far from the Zermatt train station, especially if you take heavy lugguages with you. Better call the hotel to send a shuttle to pick you up at the train station to the hotel.

The hotel offers free shuttle to and from the train station at check-in and checkout. The view from the room is good, can see the Matterhorn clearly if the weather is good. There is a lift in the hotel, so you won't have a problem even if you take heavy lugguages with you. The breakfast is good, with a wide variety of choices. The bathroom is very clean. I like the roof window design where I can look up to the sky when I have a shower.

Not a classical Bristol but a nice and comfortable hotel close to centre of the town.
    • Small Double Room with Mountain View

Instead of carry your luggage up the stairs to the reception you should use the button for assistance. It would be better if the sign stated that by pressing the button you get access to the elevator from the street level.

Very nice hotel . Comfortable rooms. Very attentive staff. Modern and clean

Strangely enough, what I most liked about the property was...
    • Quadruple Room

It was fine across the board. It must be a bit tight when they are “in season,” as it’s not at all large, but I really enjoyed my stay there.

Strangely enough, what I most liked about the property was that I could walk out the front door and in two or three seconds I had an awesome view of the Matterhorn.

Excellent Matterhorn View from Balcony
    • Small Double Room with Matterhorn View

No telephone with international connections, no coffee/tea self-service facility, no cleaning of bathroom for consecutive day, only 1 kind of liquid soap offer for shower

Matterhorn View from Room Balcony( excellent ! ), Large Bathroom with full lightness and with enough space to place my stuff( very important for ladies ), Buffet Breakfast with full of varieties

The breakfat buffet was amazing, upgrade of room to Zermatt...

Booked a triple room and it didn't look like one. It looked like a double with a spare bed.

The breakfat buffet was amazing, upgrade of room to Zermatt view, super accommodating for dietary requests.

A good place to stay to see the gorgeous Matterhorn and to hike.
    • Single Room with Mountain View

The breakfast was ok, though no vegetables and not so many fruits, just sausages, cheese, musli and yougurt. The sauna was open till 9 p.m. only, so did not managed to visit it unfortunately. Usually in the hotels it is open till 10 p.m., which is much more convenient.

The hotel is perfectly situated. In good weather it is the best place to see Matterhorn from the city. I was there in mid-season for one night without skiing.

Was upgraded to Quadruple Room without additional charges.

I expected to be upgraded to a room with a Matterhorn view! But that is fine, we will be back next time and we will be booking the family room with Matterhorn view!

Was upgraded to Quadruple Room without additional charges. Excellent location! when you get out of the hotel and walk like 10 steps to the bridge-that's the best view of the Matterhorn from Zermatt Village! Cool Breakfast! you can make your own waffles, pancakes, eggs-which my daughter enjoyed so much... There is also a play room available-awesome!

Very nice facility and helpful staff.

AC did not work well

Quiet and restful. The A/C did not cool the room off adequately but the outdoor temp was not too hot. If it gets hot outdoors it will be really hot in the room unless the AC is fixed.

A great Zermatt option
    • Single Room with Mountain View

The breakfast is better than most ski hotels, although the forks were difficult to find and it seemed a bit short-staffed in general.

I have stayed here before and would do so again - nice place, reasonable room rates, good location. Mostly a place to stay if you will be hiking/skiing. You can get good views as well if you have a Matterhorn view room.

Great hotel with amazing facilities and location
    • Double Room with Matterhorn View

Despite having booked a room with a double bed it was just two single beds pushed together. Although slightly inconvenient, this wasn't really a big problem - it seems to be standard practice among most Swiss hotels.

The facilities (saunas, steam room, outdoor pool, private sauna, etc.) were excellent and exceeded what we expected. The location was perfect as the ski bus stop was literally across the street. The room was very clean and the view of the Matterhorn perfect.

Excellent hotel in a lovely resort.
    • Double Room with Matterhorn View

Our only criticism was that having hauled our suitcases through thick snow from the station to the hotel which was quite tiring, we were told by the receptionist that we could have been picked up if we had called the hotel. It would have been useful to know this at the outset so I would suggest including it in the booking information.

All of the staff were extremly helpful and friendly and the owner himself came round to all of the tables at both breakfast and dinner to ensure everything was to our satisfaction. The room was a good size and was well appointed. The food was very good and the spa facilities were excellent. The location of the hotel is reasonably central. We took advantage of the free lift to the station the following morning that was very welcome.

The view of the Matterhorn.
    • Small Double Room with Matterhorn View

Dinner was too pricey to what was seved. Salad bar, cheese dish and fondue. 45euro per person.

The view of the Matterhorn. Internet connection. The breakfast. You have a chance to cook your egg even the boil egg.

Loved this place, they thought of everything to make your...
    • Small Double Room with Mountain View

Loved this place, they thought of everything to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Bed was just right with 2 oversized pillows, bathroom was very clean, room was large compared to other Zermatt accommodation I had seen. Breakfast was great, there was nothing else I would have requested. Great location to ski bus and their room for ski storage was big and warm, with a rack that would dry out your boots. Def recommend

Amazing!

The pillows are too soft

We love the view of our room! Facing the matterhorn! The hotel’s staffs are very attentive. We emailed a night before to request for a baby cot for our baby and the next day they provided us with the baby cot. The hotel also provide the porter service which really helps us a lot as we brought a total of 8 luggages. We will definitely come back to Hotel Bristol!

Matterhorn views from the room are exactly as advertised -...
    • Double Room with Matterhorn View

Matterhorn views from the room are exactly as advertised - stunning, full landscape of the gorgeous mountain. Location is very convenient - right next to the bridge from which you have more beautiful views of the mountains and only a 10-minute walk from the train station.

Wonderful!
    • Apartment Pollux

The only inconvenience was that there was no phone installed in the apartment. Because the family apartment is disconnected from the actual Hotel Bristol, a phone that could at least call over to the hotel would be great.

Perfect for a family getaway. We had all the comforts of home. Convenient location. Having a full kitchen (complete with appliances and cooking utensils) really came in handy!

Great stay!
    • Small Double Room with Mountain View

We got an upgrade to a room with a view of the Matterhorn and the view was amazing! The room was extremely clean and comfortable. Breakfast was great. Staff were very friendly. Location was also fantastic. Great value for money.

Nice older hotel with mountain views.
    • Small Double Room with Mountain View

Rooms were a little run down and we could hear our neighbors clearly. Otherwise very comfortable and cozy.

Nice location near river. Matterhorn views from our room. Friendly staff.

~view from the room's balcony is excellent
    • Small Double Room with Mountain View

~location is far from train station, not so convenient ~breakfast has very limited choice

~view from the room's balcony is excellent ~Transport service from the hotel to the train station is good ~nice staff

Great and comfortable stay in beautiful Zermatt
    • Single Room with Mountain View

Rooms are in good condition, clean and modern, but also cosy Big balcony with view to the mountains Spa area is excellent and luxurious Zermatt and the surroundings are absolutely beautiful Staff and service is excellent, always with a smile

Very nice!
    • Small Double Room with Mountain View

Breakfast room too crowded to move around. Hard boiled eggs option didn't work out well most days. I would put my egg in the water and someone else would take it each time. Frustrating! The rest of the breakfast was awesome!

내 짐을 잃어버맆
    • Double Room with Matterhorn View

10.10.2017.they will send me to the Interlaken train station, I could not find my luggage. When I checked out, I asked the person at reception who was at the reception, asked ifyou could send my luggage to Interlaken. she told me that So I asked if I could find my luggage. She replied that she could, and I asked if I could find it at my hotel, and she told me that I had to find it on the subway in Interlaken and told me that I had to pay a certain fee for the subway. This does not mean that I will keep my baggage at the hotel. The next day, (11.10.2017) I walked all the way to zermatt train station the eastern and western all morning, but I could not find my baggag. So I told my problem at the hotel. I told my Hotel royal. But Bristol said I had to go Zermatt and came back to Interlaken.

Better than expected
    • Small Double Room with Mountain View

We got "a room with a mountain view" on booking.com (room 102). It does kinda have some views of some mountains - but just not THE mountain - the Matterhorn. May just want to double check that if you care about that, you have the room facing the correct way. Room and bathroom were small but functional (and clean). There was a TV but it was small and in a corner (we didn't go there to watch TV though or spend a lot of time in the room). Room 102 also had a balcony (facing away from the Matterhorn).

Swedish owners. Attention to detail throughout the hotel was very nice. Breakfast was also good - lots of different hot and cold options. In particular, not only did they have scrambled and hard boiled eggs ready made but also had stations where you could make you own waffles, pancakes, and eggs (hard boiled, scrambled, sunny side up, etc). Pretty cool. Spa area was better than expected. Although not huge, modern, sleek and clean. Very relaxing. Like most germanic places, It is a naked area (whatever that means to you). Bar had Guiness on draft. Overall, it was a good choice and value.

Very clean hotel with fantastic view and new spa. (the picture is from my balcony)
    • Single Room with Mountain View

They have mountain view rooms that should logically look over the Matterhorn but do not, this is obvious if you see both Matterhorn and mountain view rooms advertised side by side, but if you see only one it may not be. Staff was helpful and friendly but needed a little coaxing to lighten up.

Great hotel 10 minute walk from the train staions and about the same to the lifts. The view from the Matterhorn side was absolutely fantastic, very clean rooms, very nice new spa and great breakfast even by Swiss standards. I had a smaller room but got upgraded which was great for the price I paid.

Comfortable room with nice view and helpful staff

Cannot ask for more

The reception staff was very helpful. She gave suggestions and practical tips on our hiking trip. I love the room with the balcony with the view of Matterhorn - this allowed to take nice photos at night and early in the morning. Good food variety in the breakfast.

Had a great time in a lovely hotel and would highly recommend Zermatt
    • Small Double Room with Mountain View

The hotel is in the middle of Zermatt and has a great view of the Matterhorn. The rooms were lovely and clean and the breakfast had plenty of variety and was buffet style so you could fill up on freshly made pancakes and waffles and also fruit and hot breakfast. The staff were really nice and there a nice bar as well to have a drink before bed.

The view from our balcony.
    • Small Double Room with Mountain View

The view from our balcony. Brilliant. There are lots of small extras which make a big difference. Like a microwave to heat your own meal. Free electric shuttle bus to the station. A very clean and comfortable room.

Great hotel in Zermatt
    • Double Room with Matterhorn View

We booked a Matterhorn view room for 2 nights and asked for an upper floor and got a fantastic room on the top (5th) floor. When the clouds cooperate, there is an excellent view of the mountain. The bathroom was super - even had a skylight. It was my second time at this hotel and I would highly recommend it.

The Matterhorn view from the room is amazing.
    • Double Room with Matterhorn View

Small room, not as it is shown in the photos when you book double room with Matterhorn view. No coffee in the room, just tea.

I've booked a double room with matterhorn view. In my opinion the room was very small comparing what I saw in the photos when I booked the room. The view was amazing. They provide a free shuttle to the train station. Breakfast was very good

Staff were exceptionally nice and caring.
    • Single Room with Mountain View

It will be great if there is a kettle and some mud inside the room.

Staff were exceptionally nice and caring. Informative and tried their best to let me enjoy the whole stay in Zermatt!

Proper stay for a budget visit to Zermatt

Nothing special, considering what you expect from a 3* hotel

Friendly and helpful staff, comfortable bedding, good shower, warm room, good view of the mountains and city, fair breakfast (good croissants, excellent fruit juice, high quality coffee)

Central modern hotel location with perfect view :-)

Nothing to mention

Room with awesome Matterhorn View, room size reasonable, with nice balkony specially for the view to the Matterhorn. Location very central with walking distance to all necessary locations. Breakfast with a hugh variety. Good support for the daily activity recommendation (weather related). Pickup and drop from the train station (Zermatt-Täsch) worked out perfect. Could also borrow a look for my Mountain Bike.

Wakening up to that view everyday was amazing
    • Deluxe Double Room with Matterhorn View

Nothing major: bed and pillows were too soft for me but perfectly clean and great condition Shower in our room (408) was difficult to get in a good position and bath narrow (but shower pressure brilliant) No coffee in the room there was green tea though

Beautiful location! They really didn't exaggerate when they said we would have a Matterhorn view! Lovely staff and a decent choice for breakfast.

Incredible Matterhorn View
    • Double Room with Matterhorn View

Stunning view of the Matterhorn from room balcony. Comfortable bed. Clean bathroom with great shower. Outstanding spa. Excellent breakfast. Friendly and efficient staff. Located next to small river so you can fall asleep to sound of flowing water.

The breakfast was good
    • Quadruple Room

The room was hot and the beds were so heated that we could not sleep. We felt dehydrated. We had a very tight schedule. With no sleep, the next day was adversely affected

The breakfast was good

Favorite zermatt hotel so far (out of 5)

niente

Ideal halfway point btw. train station and ski lifts, very friendly helpful staff, great Matterhorn view, 20% discount on bike rentals - have stayed at other places similarly priced but nowhere near as nice

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

One of the best place in zermatt
    • Double Room with Matterhorn View

I enjoyed wonderful view of the Matterhorn so I didn't want to go out....The breakfast was delicious. Not so close to train station,but close to nice restaurants and many shops..... Highly recommend.

Great location for a stay in Zermatt
    • Small Double Room with Mountain View

Absolutly perfect stay. Can't praise enough the staff, their attitude and helpfulness. Amazing breakfast with large choice of food. The view of Matterhorn worth additional money. The location central but out of crowd. 10/10

Greatest Stay while in Switzerland!

This was our best stay while in Switzerland! We liked everything about it.

We were a family of 13 people staying in 6 rooms, 5 of them with nice view to the Matterhorn. The Bristol is a family owned hotel, which facilities were just as we expected and rooms were comfortable. The hotel has a great location close to ski and bike rentals, good restaurants and location for a great picture with the Matterhorn as background. The breakfast was fabulous with good selection of breads, eggs, cheeses, fruits, even pancakes. The staff was great. Karolina from the front desk is super! She was always willing to help in whatever we needed. She gave us good recommendation on where to have dinner and also helped us coordinate to buy train tickets for the day we did checkout. We are very grateful! We would definitively stay here again.

Family room sofa bed was not good, but other than that an acceptable 3 star hotel
    • Quadruple Room

We booked a family room. This mean that one of the beds was a sofa bed. Unfortunately this was actually a sofa with separate cushions, not an actually mattress of any sort. Our teenage son got the short straw and slept on this. It was very uncomfortable, and after 3 nights lets just say he was very grumpy after 3 nights of bad sleep. This had a knock on effect of making the trip less enjoyable. A sofa bed needs to be a mattress. We have booked this at many many hotels in the past, and it is usually of an acceptable standard.

The hotel is well located and a short walk from the main part of town. Nearby is Fuchs bakery, a supermarket and several restaurants.

Great value in Zermatt
    • Double Room with Matterhorn View

The beds were a little soft, the pillows were mostly air. (But the soothing sounds of the adjacent river made it easy to sleep.).

The view of the Matterhorn and Zermatt from the balcony was excellent. The location in the city was very good - a short distance from everything, but not on the crowded Main Street. The staff was extremely helpful in suggesting hikes and places to eat. The breakfast was quite adequate.

Nice cozy stay, good for kids

A little far from railway station. The reception is at first floor with no lift so you have to take your luggage by carrying it there. Then there is a lift to go to higher floors.

The rooms are small but comfy, for kids they have a separate reading/toys room and also a trampoline outside, breakfast is good. Next to hotel is a water crossing which is best place to take photos with Matterhorn in background. Hosts are very helpful. They also dropped us at the railway station while returning.

Not as advertised
    • Single Room with Mountain View

I have mixed emotions about my experience with the Bristol mostly because the room I eventually stayed in did not have all the amenities as promised in the booking. I arrived a bit early and the lady at the front desk allowed me to check in at noon time, so I definitely appreciate that. I was looking forward to a upper floor room with Wifi access as described, but upon check-in was informed that I couldn't be housed on an upper level floor since I only stayed one night. Apparently, those floors were reserved for guest who stay longer. I'm not sure that this is even legal, since I'm paying the same rate as any other guest, but I didn't argue with the woman because I was really tired and she didnt appear willing to accommodate me. However, to make things worse, after checking into my room, a corner unit on the first floor with absolutely no views, I discovered that I had no wifi reception, which was one of the major reasons why I chose the Bristol over a less expensive option. I informed the lady at the front desk, only to be told that no other guest in the hotel has any problems and if I wanted to use the Internet, I should sit in the lobby. It was frustrating to be dealt in this way. It made me feel like a lesser valued guest, as if I wasn't paying the same as any other guest or receiving something for free. I know for a fact that other rooms were available, since I booked only the night before. I realize this is not a 4 or 5 star hotel, but even so, I would still expect that I would be accommodated to make my stay more pleasant, if customer service was as high quality as claimed. Suffice it to say, that the simple solution would've been to move me to another room, instead of letting me - the guest- deal with the defects. It was disappointing, to say the least.

Great Breakfast buffet! Nice evening and early morning staff.

Lovely hotel
    • Double Room with Matterhorn View

This was a lovely hotel with very friendly staff! Beautiful view of Matterhorn if you book a room which specifies view. New and very nice spa. Perfect breakfast! Stayed here with family and truly enjoyed it!

Finding an excuse to stay here agin
    • Small Double Room with Mountain View

The breakfast was huge. After we checked out, we were allowed to use the basement showers after our hike before we got on a 3 hour train ride home. Best EVER! We were upgraded to a Matterhorn view room as well :)

You may not ever want to leave!

There are steps to enter the lobby, which could be difficult for some folks.

From the moment we arrived, we were impressed. We were greeted with a warm welcome in this beautiful and cozy chalet. When we got to our room, there were only two beds for the three of us. The front desk asked if we would like an extra room for our third person because housekeeping had left for the afternoon. My son was thrilled to have his own space. There was a nice variety for breakfast, served in a lovely, comfortable room.

Best ever!
    • Double Room with Matterhorn View

If I need to pinpoint, I would say The pillow is a bit too thin.

Wonderful view facing Matterhorn. The room is clean and spacious. We spent much time staying at the balcony looking at the Matterhorn. Staff is nice. They are all helping from reception, front desk to restaurant staff. They offer both to and return train station pick up. Would recommend for stay in Zermatt!

Great place to stay in Zermatt for short stays.😊

See above

Good response from Hotel re question. Great location for the price. Bed is typical Swiss. No better, no worse. Was offered spa, I did not indulge, but met a couple on the elevator that was happy. I would definitely consider staying there again. Just wish their book had more info re restuarants, activities, etc. sometimes easier to flip though pages then search Internet. Plus, would appreciate the local knowledge.

The hotel receptionist behaved in bad faith.
    • Small Double Room with Mountain View

I wish to report an annoying experience upon check-in. We booked a “small double room with mountain view”. On your booking website, it actually showed the window with the Matterhorn view. When we checked in, the room was in the back side of the hotel. We protested (politely). The following is the relevant exchange. “Your room has mountain view. Those having the Matterhorn view will be specified as such.” “I don’t accept this. This is the fourth time I am in Zermatt. I always had the Matterhorn view before.” “Such room will cost you more money.” “How much?” She started looking onto her computer. After a minute or so: “I am booked solid today. I can change the room for you for the next two days. And I will give you the same price as booked.” Since we went there for vacation instead of looking for a fight, we accepted her offer. You may see that this hotel was acting in bad faith. It was not just being annoying. I booked a “room with mountain view” in order to admire the Matterhorn at sunrise in my hotel room, as I had done before. As it turned out, the next two mornings had bad weather. It was regrettable.

A hotel in one of my favorite resort.

We stayed in an apartment that was affiliated with the...
    • Apartment Pollux

We stayed in an apartment that was affiliated with the Bristol Hotel and enjoyed it very much. It was new and comfortable, and our family enjoyed our stay there very much.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

We asked for a room with Matterhorn view and got a balcony...
    • Small Double Room with Mountain View

We asked for a room with Matterhorn view and got a balcony room facing it. Breakfast highlighted the different cheeses the country is known for in generous amounts. The sauna was a state of art.

Already booked it again - warm recommendation
    • Single Room with Mountain View

First of all, the hotel has the most amazing views to the mountains, to the valley and towards Matterhorn. Great location. The rooms are very bright and spacious, with nice details and comfy beds. The staff is absolutely the kindest, very warm service. Also the shuttle service is a plus. I can only give ten points all in all. And I already booked a room from them for my next trip to Zermatt!

Staff were friendly.
    • Small Double Room with Mountain View

No air con. The hotel and room were both very warm even with windows open all night. Drunken idiots shouting loudly outside and noisy when returning to hotel. Slept well only one out of three nights.

Staff were friendly. Location great. Breakfast perfect - great choices. Shuttle bus to train station terrific. Roaring river noise which blocked out some of surrounding noise. Balcony from where you can watch the changing light on the Materhorn. Just beaut.

Zermatt stay
    • Deluxe Double Room with Matterhorn View

The location is slightly away from the main strip and we didn't know where to go at the beginning . The house keeping was slightly slack with no replenishment of tea bags etc

Personal touches with the host owner and they even packed our breakfast for our early departure . It was overall an excellent experience

A pleasant accommodation

Very near to Zermatt railway station and walkable distance to mattarhorn station. Also walkable distance to an Indian restaurant which was really nice.

Beautiful stay at hotel Bristol
    • Small Double Room with Mountain View

Hotel Bristol is perfectly situated, the staff is very friendly and their breakfast buffet was outstanding - we enjoyed very much and will definitely visit again!

The reception is really helpful and ready to answer any...
    • Small Double Room with Mountain View

The reception is really helpful and ready to answer any questions. They arranged pick-up service from Zermatt station to the hotel and also bring us back to the station while we return to the station so we don't have to carry the heavy luggage all the time. We got two upgrade panoramic view rooms of Matterhorn. The view is awesome and all the facilities of the room are useful and clean. The breakfast is also great.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

wellness nice
    • Small Double Room with Mountain View

not too good cleaning of room. Door to balcony very squrking Breakfast a little boring compaired to normal standard, ex. no hot sausages/bacon. Expensive compaired to standard, and when booking an extra night, it was quite a bit more expensive that the previously booking from at home.

wellness nice

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Location, service, and style
    • Small Double Room with Mountain View

The shower mixer location. If you turn around to fast you can bump it to very hot and scald yourself. I only did it once though.

The staff were so friendly and helpful. We were upgraded to a Matterhorn view without asking. The location was perfect for everything. The breakfast was amazing. The rooms are very simple but have what you need.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Wonderful hotel with exceptional views of the Matterhorn
    • Double Room with Matterhorn View

Though our stay was wonderful, we would have loved it if they had a restaurant too..but the bonus is that there is a superb restaurant/cafe right across the road..Also a coffee vending machine in the hotel lobby would have been much appreciated..

The staff was very friendly.. they even have a microwave, iPad and a printer to be used by the guests..

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

The staff seemed a bit bored of their customers.
    • Double Room with Matterhorn View

The staff seemed a bit bored of their customers. The cleaners were audibly and visibly annoyed if we didn't leave the room in time. The walls were thin and light sleepers will easily awake at 7, when other guests will start moving around.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Amazing service, great facilities and exceptional hospitality

nothing.

staff at reception was super friendly and the service was exceptional. for them, everything was possible. i was travelling with an infant and i had to cook food for him. they went out of the way to facilitate my requirements and made sure that stay for my family was super comfy. my family is already planning the next trip to Hotel Bristol. its a must stay place for families.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Free shuttle service to and from the train station which I...
    • Single Room with Mountain View

Free shuttle service to and from the train station which I could make the appointment with the hotel staff by email. All staffs were nice.The room was in the good view.

very nice. great location. zermatt is a charming place. always.
    • Single Room with Mountain View

during this shoulder season, the hotel restaurant was not open on a regular basis for dinner.

Location was perfect to coordinate with the people and the activities I wanted to do. It was slighty off season, so that many Hotels and Restaurants were closed.

Pleasant Stay
    • Small Double Room with Mountain View

The Helicopter noise, nothing to do with the Hotel. Just a feature of Zermatt and the Mountains. Zermatt may be car free, but watch out for the electric vehicles, they seem to write their own rules.

Really well run hotel. We had a balcony room with fantastic views of the Matterhorn. The room was well equipped and very clean. Extensive breakfast buffet. Located in a slightly quieter part of town, close to the centre and some small park areas, ideal for relaxing.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Lovely swiss muesli for breakfast.
    • Small Double Room with Mountain View

Lovely swiss muesli for breakfast. Like the style of the room. Comfortable beds. Good lighting ie can read in bed. Nice bathroom. Staff helpful lent us a plug converter.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Matterhorn view - WOW!
    • Double Room with Matterhorn View

Their evening restaurant was not open before mid June except for pre booked groups.

Fantastic view of the Matterhorn. Very friendly and helpful staff. Nice bedroom and bathroom with vey comfortable bed and good selection of television programs.