Reviews of Hôtel Cailler 4 stars

Gros Plan 28, 1637 Charmey, Switzerland

#2 of 4 hotels in Charmey

• Double or Twin Room North with Spa access

- in the room coffee cups and spoons were dirty; - sheets with holes - toilet not very clean

It's been awhile since I wanted to meet this hotel and enjoy the spa. The localisation and the view it's just perfect. The spa is interesting and well organizated, be in the hot water outside while you can appreciate the mountains full of snow it's magic and really relaxing. 5 stars to the breakfast, everything was fresh, delicious, and staff was very proactive. Nevertheless I confess that I was a bit disapointed with few things: - the moment we arrived at the room I noticed that the coffee cups and spoons were dirty, I believe they were used by the previous guests and not cleaned at all before we arrive; - in my side of the bed sheets had holes and were old - the toilet was not very clean - the staff was not unpleasant but neither pleasant (when we made the check-out I found the service cold). I confess that maybe my expectations were hight but I believe that it is the litle details, a smile, that makes the difference. Not willing to return soon :(

• Double or Twin Room North with Spa access

Asking your guests to pay 1.- for a coffee in their room is a little strange. During the stay we shared the hotel with a large corporate group, who were generally well behaved, however I didn't appreciate the choruses of "Hey Jude" and "Purple Rain" at midnight from the hotel lobby quite so much...

Access to the baths is great (no need to go outside). Breakfast Buffet is fresh and varied. The hotel is nice, but not exceptional. The staff were helpful, and the room was small but clean. We didn't eat in the hotel in the evening, but at an excellent restaurant 3 minutes away ('Le Baron').

• Double or Twin Room North with Spa access

The reception and restaurant area is looking a bit old. Could use a facelift. The staff was friendly but could use a refresher (more energy and more genuine welcome). Overall quite expensive even for Switzerland. I paid 680 CHF for two nights breakfast included. At 340 CHF a night, the Golfhotel (****) in Gstaad which has its own spa is priced the same and better value The restaurant at the Cailler is quite pricey as well (difficult to stay below 100 CHF for two). Although the buffet is advertised as being quite copious and varied it is barely comparable to the standard Novotel buffet.

Great location and the Swiss Chalet look of the building was nice (great hallway to the spa). Only 10 mins drive to the nearest ski slopes in Jaun. Check-in and check-out was a breeze. Waiters at the restaurant were very attentive and helpful. Had a great weekend

• Double or Twin Room North with Spa access

I work for travel agency in Switzerland and I visited many hotels in Switzerland. For this price, it is very strange they asked the coffee capsule with extra money (1 CHF each). I am wondering this hotel is completely independent, not belonging Nestle and also the bottle of water is not FOC. I heard from many people it is nice places and this is also inspection myself if it is good for our clients. but honestly, I could not find goof point with this price.

Staff is very kind and professional and east access to Spa area.

• Double or Twin Room North with Spa access

I found the price a little too expensive.

Customer service was great. The room was perfect: very clean, comfortable and welcoming. It was nice to be able to visit the spa when ever we wanted also after the check-out time.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room South with Balcony with Spa Access

Generally we had a nice stay. I am giving three stars because we had two negative surprises. In the 380 CHF double room you have to pay 1 CHF for a nespresso capsule to make yourself a coffee. And after our hike we sat down on the terrace and ordered mineral water, which we were charged 12 CHF per liter. Both just leaves a bad after taste.

• Double or Twin Room South with Balcony with Spa Access

The hotel is aging and not aging well. I would urge some investments in the facilities, to modernize. The carpets smell in the elevators and the corridors. Our room was beautiful and very comfortable, however the hotel is not well sound-insulated (typical of older constructions). We could hear our neighbors distinctly, as well as their TV. Really not ideal for an hotel that has a romantic touch and attracts couples.

The staff was extremely nice and dedicated. A staff of this quality definitely deserves more investment in the facilities. The underground access to the bath is really nice. The two restaurants serve very good food. We had very good wine recommendations from the waiters.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room North with Spa access

Too noisy for 300CHF/night (Easter Saturday) : 7:30am, supplier of fresh products arrive, just in front of our window: totally careless of the fact it's 7:30am on a Easter Saturday in a 4 stars Hotel, slamming doors and pulling things on the asphalt until 8am. 8:20am, the Hotel's neighbors start mowing the lawn, until 10:00. Back from the thermal baths at 15, there were slamming and hammering noises coming from a neighboring room. We asked the reception what was wrong, they had no idea. Having good relations with neighbors and suppliers and having polite guests is not an option for a nice Hotel. Very disappointing, because people come there to relax. Horrible Espresso: go to Naples, see what an espresso is and do it. Nespresso at 1 CHF per capsule, is that a joke? I'd rather pay 5CHF for a good espresso than 1 cent for that socks juice. It's like going to a nice restaurant because they have fondue and then... it's a Gerber. I wasn't just disappointed, it made me sad :( Dogs barking from other rooms: I did not notice dogs were allowed into rooms. Honestly, I love dogs (outside), but it makes me totally reconsider the cleanliness. What a pity. Last, do I have to pay an extra to have a shower curtain or is that normal that water gets out of the shower and even out of the bathroom? Nonsense, but the floor isn't mine so finally not too disappointing. Just weird.

- Lovely breakfast. - Kind and polite staff. - Awesome location. - Thermal baths direct access. - Apparently clean and welcoming rooms. - Totally lovely food at the "bistrot", huge portions of unmatched quality, local products. Do not get too impressed by the negative points. The hotel was full and it was the Easter weekend. If the average is still above 8 it's because the positive points are REALLY positive and satisfying. Overall, we had a nice stay.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room South with Balcony with Spa Access

The amenities start to feel a bit old (90s) and would need some refurbishment or renovation soon to justify the price. The sealant on the bathtub in our room had some mold here and there and the water temperature and pressure from the shower was constantly changing (to dangerously hot levels at times). The duvet was too thick for the summer: having a lighter summer duvet would be more than welcome.

The hotel is located near the thermal spa (underground pathway). The staff was extremely polite and helpful. The hotel offers a package with spa access + chocolate factory visit for a great price. The breakfast buffet was simply amazing with fresh local products. We were welcomed with a tablet of Cailler chocolate and meringue. One of the best hotel in the region.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room South with Balcony with Spa Access

The hotel is way too expensive for what you get. All of Switzerland is very expensive but this hotel is a better value in the winter as it is a ski area. You would be better off at a different hotel. Plus no AC.

Location is quaint and pretty.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Double or Twin Room North with Spa access

I broke my finger of my right hand with one of its restaurant's windows when trying to close it. I was told this was not the first time that happened. I found it unacceptable that a four star hotel does not take measures that such things do not happen in its premises. Disappointing!

• Double or Twin Room North with Spa access

Not clean enough for this value

Great breakfast!

Staff were excellent for our Gournet dinner. Very very professional

• Double or Twin Room North with Spa access

We got a corner room that was cold, especially the bathroom.

The staff was very friendly

Perfect !!!

Waiters were not friendly

• Double or Twin Room North with Spa access

breakfast includes option of gruyere double creme + meringue + fruits which was delicious. Entrance to spa included, very relaxing vacation.

• Double or Twin Room North with Spa access

Very cozy room. New bathroom. Breakfast was fabulous.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room North with Spa access

The comfy room and the easy access to the swimming pool.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room North with Spa access

Overpriced dinner menu. Friends who booked directly w hotel pd half per night plus dinner was included. Weird.

Comfy rooms, access to spa

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room North with Spa access

Perfect location for trips around surrounding villages and great thermal baths!

• Reviewed: 22 June 2016

• Double or Twin Room North with Spa access

Rooms quite small (though cozy).

Very nice refurbished bathrooms, easy access to spa, friendly and helpful staff. Very clean.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2015

the restaurant was a bit over priced. The soundproofing is not very good, I could easily hear our neighbour's tv

The room was very clean and comfortable, the wooden decor was great, the food was very tasty, we got a free pass for the bains thermaux and for the cailler chocolate factory.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2015

It was light but unpleasant smells existed in the bathroom. And the amenities were not easy to open.

Location was already perfect to Les Bains de la Gruyère but the underground private access from the hotel room to spa made it even nicer. Fondue dinner after hot bath was the perfect match and room was very carefully equipped and prepared when we checked in shortly after 4pm. Breakfast selection was more than enough and good coffee was served. Most of all, we loved the attentive and professional staffs.We will definitely come back!

• Reviewed: 21 June 2015

Special customer care. We did not know that the thermal baths were out of service and the directeur adjoint went out of his way to make sure we would have the best room and be happy even if we could not use the baths…really nice

• Reviewed: 3 March 2015

Nicely appointed rooms. Very comfortable with everything you need. Coffee and tea a nice touch. Buffet was delicious. Pet friendly. Wonderful walks/hikes in the area. Nice to come back to the spa and pool.

• Reviewed: 20 February 2016

Spa pool is open to public,so you have to bare all those people around.

Spa pool facility

• Reviewed: 28 January 2016

Did not clean the room one night. Dinner a bit pricy.

Very nice location. Food very good. Breakfast very good.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2015

Booked fairly early and Requested a room with a view .. But we were disappointed.

Liked the underground passage from room to Bath. Very convenient.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2015

everything

• Reviewed: 12 October 2015

Great place for a small break within marvelous landscapes

There are also 18 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hôtel Cailler traveller photo gallery