Reviews of Chalet Hotel Adler 3 stars

Uesseri Hauptstrasse, 3718 Kandersteg, Switzerland

#11 of 19 hotels in Kandersteg

Breakfast not included.

The views from the balcony were amazing! Location was good. Short walk from Kandersteg train station. If you prefer not to walk you can take the bus and it's 2 bus stops away.

• Double Room with Spa Bath

Receptionist was rude when I checked in, saying I only reserved for myself and not my partner (an accident, but not used to hotels charging per person). Acted as if I was trying to rip her off! I repeatedly said I would pay whatever the fee is. The outside of hotel is beautifully renovated, but that’s where it stops. Paid $228 for an old room with tub, and no real shower. Smelled musty. Most uncomfortable bed and lumpy, flat pillows ever. Asked for extra pillows, & they could only provide 1, taken from room next door! Elevator felt really sketchy and jerked a lot. Decided stairs are better, and all other floors seemed super creepy and abandoned. WAY overpriced, and not even a free breakfast included! By far the worst hotel we’ve stayed during our 2 weeks traveling Switzerland.

Had a nice view of mountains and central location.

A well-equipped property. Clean, tidy, quiet, comfortable beds, good wifi. Nothing is cheap in Switzerland, but I enjoyed my stay here. The bathroom in my room was 'compact and efficient!' If you want to swing a cat around, it had better be a kitten. Close to railway, and Coop and Volg stores close by for grabbing provisions for a day on the run.

The receptionist tried to rob us! He gave us back old French currency (obviously no longer in use since the Euro!) instead of Swiss francs thinking we will not notice it. Unforgivable!

Love the balcony view most, it felt so good to wake up to such views. Staffs are friendly and nice. Food at the hotel restaurant taste good! People in Kandersteg are so friendly and peaceful. Nice and quiet neighbourhood. Location is so near to Oeschinensee.

Shower- curtain too short so bathroom got wet; feels like a lot of DIY done to fix things rather than professional job; staff very friendly but feeling that not very experienced, not enough storage space in room (no draws) or bathroom.

Cleanliness, location, view, friendly helpful staff,nice breakfast, pool, dream room, nice towels in bathroom, restaurant also good.

All things good or better except bath which was large jacuzzi that had many protruding bumps which were not comfortable .we did not use Jackson because it uses so much water and we come from a place that has had a shortage of water for a few years.

It seems like most hotels in this class include breakfast, but this hotel doesn't.

We received a free room upgrade! The room was very luxurious and the hotel good value.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Breakfast was very basic.

Comfortable and large room with a sunken bathroom. Nice touch the bath bomb for the jacuzzi. Pay mini bar. Good lounge area to room with settee, coffee table and tv. Bed very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

Noise of the road, make sure you book a room on the west side.

Own whirlpool on balcony, very friendly hosts, clean, close to railway station, good breakfast buffet.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Comfort Double Room with Spa Bath

I experienced very poor customer service from the hotel reception staff. One member of the reception staff was very rude and unhelpful. Due to unforeseen circumstances , I had to arrive to the hotel one day later than I had originally booked but I had informed the hotel in advance to advise them of my late arrival and to re-confirm my booking. I had phoned the hotel twice , in advance, to ensure a smooth check in process and I had agreed that I would pay the full price of two nights accommodation ( I could only stay in the hotel for one night). When I arrived to the hotel , the staff member at reception , could not find my booking and told me that I did not have a room. I told him that I had pre- advised the hotel of my late arrival and that they had confirmed my booking for my arrival night. When he eventually found the booking, he did not apologize and blamed me for him not finding it . I told him that he was extremely rude. Another member of staff came to handle my check in . While very pleasant, she could not find my room key because my room had been allocated ,in error , to another guest. After 30 minutes wait, she gave me the keys to a room that was of a lower standard than what I had originally booked. When I examined the room & then complained, she finally gave me the keys to a room of equal standard to the room I had booked, which had been available from the start. While she apologized , she did not offer me any complimentary service. I did not ask for any complimentary service and I paid the full price for my two nights accommodation as originally booked which I had agreed to do. However , I think that the level of service was extremely poor , unprofessional and very disappointing. Also, the quality of the breakfast was very poor and extremely low value for a add on price of 16 euro. Typically, family run Swiss hotels are very pleasant to stay in and the hotel staff are generally very friendly and helpful.

Location was excellent

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

In general, I was satisfied. I did not like the late check in. Also, there is a huge TV set above the bed, I found it too near the bed. The room has a lateral view, with a nice balcony, but there was a bit of noise from cars and from a local event behind the hotel(which is of course not the fault of the hotel).

I liked the jacuzzi.

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

More variety in the restaurant offerings.

The staff was very helpful and accommodating with a tricky reservation - the number of people in our party changed several times. When it changed to just me, they let me keep the bigger room even though I could have been made to move. They are very good with guests with dogs. The location is to die for and Kandersteg is a very cute village. The pool and sauna were nice to have at the end of the day. There are two parking lots which is good. They also recognized the want of guests to watch the Euro Cup football matches and projected the games on a screen.

Spectacular view from room and good facilities in bathroom

• Double Room with Spa Bath

Loved the large balcony where we could sit out and view Blumlisalp and watch the world go by.

Great views from the balcony

Waiter was slow to attend to us during dinner. Restaurant was full of flies

The view was phenomenal and the room was comfortable.

Great location, a balcony, very clean and comfortable, lovely views.

I came in fairly late, so the owner and Bar man were very nice. Great view from the balcony... warm and accommodating staff.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

Very friendly staff, extremely well located, great food, awesome

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Very comfy bed, great staff in an extremely scenic and central location

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Location and views are amazing!

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Swimming Pool was excellent

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

location, room, restaurant, everything

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Terrible bathroom room 18! After a shower all the water stays on the floor!!!!

Great location in middle of Kandersteg.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2016

Staff is arrogant and does not understand the concept of customer service. They do not communicate well. I would expect more for the rates they are charging. Breakfast is overpriced. Not worth it:-(

Location was centrally located in town and has a small store across the road. Very cozy and a short walk to the train station. The

• Reviewed: 19 January 2016

Wonderful food in the hotel restaurant. The staff speaks excellent english and are especially kind and helpful. The location cannot be beat. Very close to shopping and the lift.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2016

Would have preferred for breakfast to be included, took it 2 of 3 mornings but not aware of cost.

Great location and good facilities. Enjoyed the size of swimming pool.

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

Not child friendly. No kids menu. Lots of pub noise at night. Snogging couples in pool. Asked for 50% deposit although no deposit and free cancellation on booking.

Nice pool. Very clean. Close to lifts. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2015

The room I was in was called the "love room" which was quite old fashioned and kitsch. Being a 58 year old man without his wife along not the room I really wanted!

Good central location in lovely village. Staff were very helpful and friendly with excellent English.

There are also 16 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.