Reviews of Wellness- und Schneesporthotel Christiania 3 stars

Saas Almagell, 3905 Saas-Almagell, Switzerland

#8 of 19 hotels in Saas-Almagell

Great base for hiking in the valley
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

- Dinner is served at 7PM for all guests together what takes 1.5h (5 dishes served one by one at very relaxed pace). For us it was deffinitely too late and too long. HB does not include drinks during the dinner (what is normal for HB), drinks are served at regular restaurant prices. I think that a glass of water could be served free of charge and not ruin the owner. - Wellness area is open from 2PM to 7PM, so long distance hikers may not be able to use it.

Wellness area is almost brand new, everything is clean and well maintained. It's family run business and they are really taking care of guests. We had HB option, the food was really delicious and portions were very big. During the summer almost all cable cars and busses in the valley are free for hotel guests what really saves a lot of money.

A great find - especially in July!

Nope. All good!

The owner of the hotel and her family are delightful and very welcoming. The evening set menu food was properly outstanding (we did half board for two nights). We loved the village (we went in July) and enjoyed a couple of great local walks. You will be given a free cable car pass for local rides if you stay 2 nights or more. Saas Fee is a nearby village which is also worth a visit...Plenty of free parking outside the hotel too!

Comfortable and well-located hotel to which we will certainly return again.
    • Double Room with Balcony

This was our second time in this lovely family-run hotel. Our room was big and had a nice view on the skiing slopes. Taking the half-board (breakfast + dinner) was a good choice and the food was excellent. The friendly staff made us feel very welcome.

Good hotel in the Saas Fee area
    • Double Room with Balcony

Nothing we can think of.

A nice, easy to find hotel in the Saas Fee valley. Very friendly staff and owner who made sure we were looked after and sorted out our needs. Good set menu in the evening served at a nice pace, with a wine choice that did not break the bank. Nice wellness area that was fine for the size of the hotel. Overall, we'd be happy to stay there again for sure.

Ski weekend in Saas Almagell
    • Double Room with Balcony

Wifi got disconnected continuously.

We have been well treated and the owner was very flexible as we asked to get dinner at the second day of our stay. Dinner was very good. We also got a bigger room as initially booked.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Great value for money and very warm welcome
    • Double Room with Balcony

Bathroom design a bit outdated, otherwise everything was perfect.

Warm welcome, hospitable owner who really takes care of each guest. I am very thankful that despite our late arrival, we got a great dinner - many thanks! Very comfortable beds and quiet environment - we slept very sweetly.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Excellent. A pleasant stay with everything you need in the direct surrounding.
    • Single Room with Balcony

I can't come up with anything not ok.

I really like the hospitality of the staf and crew. The breakfast was good. When you book your room with 'half board', you'll get a good diner full of variation. The sauna/ wellness is nice. The single room on the fourth floor with a balcony on the south is SUPER!

The Steambath

The Steambath

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Spa was very nice
    • Double Room with Balcony

Hot tub was Luke warm at best

Spa was very nice

• Reviewed: 23 March 2016

Everyone was so nice and very helpful!

The beds themselves are comfy. They do lift up but I would have liked a second pillow for my legs and back. I did request one and the lady was very helpful and got one for me. So all in all not really a complaint

Everyone was so nice and very helpful! Fantastic place to stay and great location. Only about a ten minute drive to saas fee to go boarding in a great place and about an hour away from zermatt. Also you get a discount for renting boards. Delicious breakfast. And bus passes. Amazing view and nice balcony!

• Reviewed: 15 March 2016

Great hotel in great ski area, excellent for the weekend.

Reception hours - there was nobody at the reception in the morning between 8.00-8.35 (we asked the hotel personnel to call someone but nobody came) so we didn't get our burger passes and thus had to pay for the bus (10.40 CHF pp) going to Saas Fee. It was not a big deal taken the expensiveness of the resort and our willingness to pay. Luckily we got them on our 2nd day. At check out the man (supposed to be the owner as he didn't introduce himself) only asked if we left the keys. He did neither provide us with the bill for our stay nor mention that we have to pay. So we left the hotel with understanding that the room was paid as according to the booking information, the reservation was non-refundable. It was quite embarrassing to receive the call from the manager after a while saying that we left without paying. Again, not a big deal. I would recommend the hotel management to be presented at the reception during the morning hours and be more accurate when communicating with guests.

Great hotel in great ski area, excellent for the weekend. Amazing spa with sauna and hammam to relax.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2016

Food absolutely excellent and staff very friendly

Location for Saas Fee ski area is quite far out and wellness facilities are very limited for a hotel that has 'wellness' in its name.

Food absolutely excellent and staff very friendly

• Reviewed: 22 February 2016

The food was good, the spa was good.

I booked a double room with the balcony for me and my boyfriend and a single room with the balcony for my mother, the land lady of the hotel decided that she will give my mother a child single room without a balcony just because it was booked for one night, literally the room was like a mini box . I manged to get hold of customer service of bookings.com to explain the situation and at the end she offered my mother a single room with the balcony that had lot more space, so my advice to other travelers call the hotel prior to your visit to know if the hotel have done any changes to your booking without informing you. The beds were not really comfortable. And I hated the fluorescent lights in the dining room and in our room.

The food was good, the spa was good. good location

• Reviewed: 10 March 2015

Excellent value for money!

Pillows too soft.

Excellent value for money! Unlike other hotels in Valais, the people running this hotel really make an effort to make guests feel welcome! Attention to details: complimentary chocolate, bottle of water and small bottle of wine wait for you in the room. Breakfast has everything one needs in the morning and half-board is a good option: you get four courses! The wellness has a nice and discrete sauna and hammam area, separated from the jacuzzi and gym. Tea available in the wellness.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2015

This hotel have all I need.

This hotel have all I need.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2015

Relaxed atmosphere

Relaxed atmosphere Great food Very helpful staff

There are also 3 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.