Reviews of Swiss Wine by Fassbind This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Rue Caroline 5, Lausanne Center, 1003 Lausanne, Switzerland

#20 of 50 hotels in Lausanne

• Reviewed: July 20, 2018

Great experience
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

For such a modern hotel i found it weird that the room didn't have AC, only a ceiling fan. It was really warm during our stay and it's quite noisy to sleep with the window open.

Very modern, clean and comfortable hotel. Great location close to the cathedral and walking distance to good bars and restaurants.

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

Good hotel
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

Allthough there is ventilator there, room gets too hot inside. No AC. Difficult to change air through the window. Room is spacious, but pass to the window is is just 20cm wide, between bed and wall, what makes you hurt your leg easily if you want to open window. Or you have to walk too slowly or to jump over the bed, while edge of bed is really unprofessionally made. I find it very unpleasant! Lights you turn all of or on. Other you can swich on indepedently are too weak. I find it also very bad.

Nice fancy room. Good room size, big bed and desk, fast wifi, nice light. Nice and clean bathroom. Hotel is just in front of the metro stop and in the city center. Friendly staff and express check-in/out.

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

Functional but not pleasant
    • Single Room - Roof Top

Aircon was so noisy it was impossible to keep it on while trying to sleep. Worst of all though were the supercilious and rude staff on reception. They weren't like that with everyone, only to non-native French speakers. Really nasty, left a bad impression of what would have been a pleasant stay in Lausanne

The hotel was central and the room was clean and comfortable with a good bathroom

• Reviewed: July 7, 2018

The perfect view of Lausanne and Lake Geneva.
    • Single Room - Roof Top

The AC remote needs to be replaced. It took me a few minutes to get the room cooled off because the remote was a bit wonky, but seriously, that's my only complaint in a long list of raves.

If you gave me all the time in the world to stay in any hotel room in Switzerland, this might very well be the one. I took a rooftop room at Swiss Wine, popped open the rooftop window, and with the sun setting on the city and a view of a lovely church, and a half bottle of wine on the bedside table, I watched the sun set and listened to the bells resound over the city. I'm not sure what else you need to know about the hotel. I'm sure you'll find it in the rest of the reviews, but that did it for me.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

I would revisit in cooler weather!!
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

No air-con in rooms and therefore had to leave windows open at night. As hotel faces onto a main road it was very noisy. Breakfast was very basic.

Rooms spacious, clean and comfortable. Good shower and toiletries. Location was excellent. Great views from breakfast room.

• Reviewed: June 21, 2018

Location .
    • Single Room - Roof Top

Young woman staff mostly sitting in reception at morning time is not kind. Also my rooftop room was hot because of sunshine until 10pm sunset.

Location . Safe place. Many good cafe, restaurants, shops and bars.

• Reviewed: June 16, 2018

Way overpriced
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

Room to street very boisy, no transparent curtain + no temperature control in room means either you sleep super warm and no noise, or you open window and hear noisy street. Reception smells bad.

• Reviewed: June 13, 2018

Location (close to the metro and then to Lausanne gare or...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

No air-conditioning, so the choice is either to use a fan (quite noisy in the night) or to open the window (very noisy from the outside). It was about 20C during my stay and temperature in the room was already an issue. Breakfasts could be more diversified.

Location (close to the metro and then to Lausanne gare or Ouchy). Very nice view from the room.

• Reviewed: June 13, 2018

Lausanne is lovely and this hotel, though not perfect, is a good option.
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

The cleanliness and state of maintenance of the bathroom could be better.

The location is the best part about this hotel, it is right next to the metro station but also within walking distance of many amazing things in Lausanne. I had stayed here 4 years ago when it was called City Hotel. Brought back a lot of memories.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

Comfortable room in Lausanne’s city center.
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

The room was very hot. I don’t like ventilator, so in my opinion there’s need for air conditioning.

Comfortable room in Lausanne’s city center. Just in front of the subway.

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

The hotel is very close to the metro station and they...
    • Single Room - Roof Top

The room I had was facing the road so when window open was very noisy with cars and extremely loud ambulance/police sirens day and night. I guess closing the window and having airconditioning on would have sorted that out.

The hotel is very close to the metro station and they provide a free transport pass for the duration of the stay which was great. It’s close to the cathedral and night life bars and pubs. Lovely modern and very spacious single room in the attic.

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

I really like the look of your breakfast area, nice and...
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

I really like the look of your breakfast area, nice and well-lit with natural lighting and of course, the wonderful panoramic view. On both the occasions I stayed with Swiss Wine, I was always going for morning conferences and meetings which meant I wasn't able to enjoy it by the time I made it back in the late afternoon or early evenings. Personally, I think it will be fantastic if the opening hours of the breakfast area were extended - or even left open for lodgers to use as a work space but I understand there may be costs involved keeping it open. I would feel there is even more value for money if I knew there was a place to chill and catch-up with my work in a nice environment like the one you have. If I got the opening hours wrong, please let me know and I will try to organise myself to make use the lovely space better on my next stay! :)

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

Dirty hotel, stay away
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

At check-in I found poop residue (unflushed) in the toilet bowl of the room they gave us! They changed to a second room which had hair on the bathroom sink. I called the receptionist who went up and saw it himself, he was equally shocked in both situations! The receptionist was polite and apologetic, he raised the issue to their management but I was very surprised that none of the management team reached out to me to say anything. This hotel has serious hygiene issues, after what we saw eveything felt dirty. We stayed 2 nights definitely not going back and I wouldn't recommend it at all.

Friendly receptionist, good location

• Reviewed: May 16, 2018

Location - very close to the center and the metro stop is...
    • Single Room - Roof Top

Location - very close to the center and the metro stop is right at the doorstep of the hotel. It is quiet but also a happening place nearby. It’s right at the heart of the center. Very close to the cathedral. Modern and clean facilities. Well maintained hotel with helpful reception staff.

• Reviewed: May 15, 2018

It’s by far my favorite and first option whenever I visit...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

It’s by far my favorite and first option whenever I visit Lausanne. Booking a room with a view to the Cathedral is totally worth it! The staff is friendly and very polite. Love the room deco and breakfast. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! The metro station is just in front of the reception door. What else can you ask for? <3

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Very enjoyable stay, despite horrific weather outside!

We could not figure out how to regulate the temperature in the room, and it was too hot during the night.

The pillows were very good, and the staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

The management charged us unfairly for a fire alarm
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

Payed an extra 800chf for the firefighter because we used the kitchen set to cook and their alarm went on. We proved them that we did not do wrong and we just used their kitchen normally but they still charged without any proof that the firefigter was our responsability. They did not want any discussion and asked my friend to sign an agreement to pay. They couldnt show any billing from the firefighter or any hotel rule about it. We felt treated like fools and we will never go back there.

• Reviewed: May 11, 2018

clean, nice hotel, unfriendly staff and no atmosphere...oh and expensive for what it is
    • Family Room

seriously unfriendly girl on check in, even by swiss standards!! Hotel is also quite dark on each floor which doesnt help. The so called "bar" area was unfriendly and not very nice But it is a clean hotel, the room was big and location is very good

location, room was quite big

• Reviewed: May 10, 2018

Excellent location. Good breakfast and friendly staff ( helpful but not very knowledge re buses etc
    • Single Room - Roof Top

shower very skippery. At 79 concerned as slipped slightly. Suggest mat or treat show floor to prevent. Only one coffee bag, sugar and powdered milk in room. A couple or so more would have been appreciated !

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

Usual kindness of the staff
    • Single Room - Roof Top

1) Next room cleaning has started before 8 am, when I was still sleeping and the noise woke me up. 2) I would suggest to do room cleaning after 9, when 90% of people is already out of the rooms. 3) In the room the blanket was missing and I had to ask for it. The pillow was totally uncomfortable and I got pains in my next

Usual kindness of the staff

• Reviewed: April 24, 2018

Excellent experience i had.
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

Excellent experience i had. A room with great view . They were very helpful and nice at reception. Definitely i recommend this hotel to everyone who wants to visit Laussane.

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

The management charged us unfairly for a fire alarm
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

There was a kitchenette in our room. When we cooked meat in their pan, a lot of smoke came out. Even if we opened the windows, the smoke from the cooking triggered the fire alarm. A lady chekked that everything was okay but the firefighter came anyway. The morning afterward the manager forced my friend to sign an agreement to pay the hotel chf. 800.- to pay the firefighter, even though it was not our foult (we just used the kitchenette proposed in the room without burning anything the problem was that the fire alarm was next to the kitchen and it was inevitable to set on the alarm by friing in a pan). We were not charged by the firefighter but by the management as we could not see any billing adressed to us.

Is an okay hotel to stay in Lausanne

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

Nicely designed hotel, central, good value for money

Nothing in particular

Nicely designed rooms, we had a superior upstairs with a nice view, which was quiet. Rooms to the street probably much noisier. Good value for money.

• Reviewed: April 4, 2018

Perfect for solo travellers
    • Single Room - Roof Top

Heard moving water through the pipes. I sleep like a log but might be annoying for light sleepers

I had the rooftop room and it felt that I slept under the moon and the stars.

• Reviewed: March 12, 2018

Good value for money.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The chambermaid was cleaning the adjacent room at 7.30 on Saturday morning... not very relaxing.

Warm welcome at reception, room nicely decorated, good location.

• Reviewed: February 16, 2018

Very close to the center of town.
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

Only small things like the room not having the usual toiletries. Otherwise great for a short stay in lausanne.

Very close to the center of town. The hotel is modern and the rooms very comfortable. The staff provided us with all the info we needed. Would stay again!

• Reviewed: February 5, 2018

Great value - will definitely return
    • Single Room - Roof Top

Great location just next to metro stop. Nice modern rooms, nicely decorated with warm and relaxing colours. Room looked just like in the on-site pictures (which it should, but rarely is the case). Very comfortable bed and pillows.

• Reviewed: January 31, 2018

The location of the hotel is perfect.
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

The location of the hotel is perfect. The metro station door was right in front of the hotel as if they had their own personal station :). Staff was very friendly. Value for Money

• Reviewed: January 23, 2018

Cozy stay
    • Single Room with Street View

There is only one lock in this hotel. I do not feel very safe without the chain lock on the door!

Location is very nice, close to subway! Decoration is modern.

• Reviewed: January 14, 2018

Terrible experience in a broken and ill equipped room that was very disappointing.
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

The room was not up to standards. I have stayed here plenty of times in the past. The drain in the shower did not function, flooding the room without a bath so I could not have enough time to get ready in the morning. The toilet was full on arrival and never flushed nor drained properly. The bed was made up only with one small blanket on the bed made for two and this shocked me as it was a cold January night!! There was no bath in my room as mentioned in photos. I was given a loud room after I stated my business needs. Noise until 6am. Dirty hallways with guest smoking outside my room.

• Reviewed: January 9, 2018

ok , but need improvement
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

pillows are not enough ( we asked for extra and got 2 old ones) and the shampoo and toilet paper always in low supply + towels . Breakfast is poor and bread is cold + no variety although the cost is high =20 Euro/person

location is not bad although it is far from the main station and we had to climb and walk long way to reach hotel as they didn't inform us that the hotel is far from station and on top of the hill , was hectic walk

• Reviewed: January 8, 2018

Central location, modern design
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

Breakfast was sub-par for the price, and one of the receptionist was professional enough to answer our queries.. however my complements end there - she wasn’t rude, but rather nonchalant and borderline cold - I can understand perhaps she didn’t want to work with the beautiful Christmas markets around the corner :)

Location is great, room layout / design is bright and contemporary, breakfast area is welcoming and airy

• Reviewed: January 5, 2018

Excellent hotel right near the metro!
    • Family Room

Would have liked a bigger bath towel. Also other milk in room for coffee, powdered creamer was no use! Some herb or fruit tea would also have been nice as an option.

Excellent breakfast! Nice design. Was nice not to hear other guests in their rooms!

• Reviewed: January 3, 2018

Great location, beautiful hotel. Would visit again!
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

It is difficult to sleep in the bed as a couple, the two single beds pushed together kept moving apart. A double bed would be more suitable.

The staff was very friendly, the hotel and the room was modern and clean. The room had water boiler and mini fridge available, as well as ample space and very fluffy bed sheets and pillows. Perfect location as well!

• Reviewed: December 28, 2017

If there is one view to have from Lausanne it's in that breakfast room
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

For the price I would expect the breakfast to be more surprising.

Lausanne is my home town. The breakfast room has the most beautiful view on the Cathedral. Well deserve in public transport and the most beautiful tube station in the middle of the arch of the bridge.

• Reviewed: December 28, 2017

Centrally located and good value for money
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Requested a double bed but unfortunately there were no doubles available. The bed was a little soft and the room was quite hot at night.

Perfect central location. Easy to walk to restaurants, bars and shops in town and literally next door to Bessieres metro station. Nice bathroom with good shower and plenty of hot water. Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: December 26, 2017

Perfect location with nice view in old fashion hotel with modernized rooms
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Entrance in wine bar a bit strange, nobody seems ever to visit this location to drink wine. Staff friendly but neutral and reactive. Parking " deal" with Mon Repos garage is still not clear to me which profit this offers ? No reduction on price in this parking when nobody is there in the weekend and you can only pay at the automatic machine ? So you get a voucher but still pay normal price.

Good breakfast however a bit standardized, Nice room with view on the cathedral, perfect location. Good bathroom and shower, nice furniture.

• Reviewed: December 24, 2017

Okay, nothing special
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

Obviously a refreshed old hotel, bedrooms done well, stairwells dark an unwelcoming.

Was okay..straight forward simple hotel which provides what it advertises.

• Reviewed: December 13, 2017

Comfortable, well designed hotel with great staff
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

Walking up the hill from the station but it is Lausanne so you have to expect hills!

The receptionist was very helpful in arranging a change of room for me. Great service

• Reviewed: November 29, 2017

location close to many restaurants and shops, metro and bus...
    • Single Room - Roof Top

A lot of noise coming from the outside at night Breakfast overpriced no parking- but there are paid garages around

location close to many restaurants and shops, metro and bus stop next door Clean and comfortable room I'd recommend this hotel

• Reviewed: November 25, 2017

Never again.
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

Extremely loud - could not sleep all night. On top of that, the front desk gave the room key of my colleague to another couple who proceeded to go through his luggage while gone in order to find out his phone number. They texted him to tell him he had apparently lost his luggage and that they found it in the hotel!!! The front desk lady tried to hide the error and even after explaining this terrible incident they refused to repay any type of compensation for the breach in privacy and clear risk of security. Unfortunately I cannot recommend this location to anyone. It is one thing to make an error like that, but then to not seek to correct it is absolutely outrageous.

• Reviewed: November 21, 2017

• Double or Twin Room with Street View

Mini bar fridge next to the bed switching on every hour (very loud) Noisy bed - even if you don't move it makes noises all the time

Good location Modern design of the room Bath tub

• Reviewed: November 19, 2017

Uncomplicated place. Easy stay.
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

I had a room facing the backside. I guess facing the street would be quite noisy

No frills but value for money. Good location. Clean, friendly at the reception.

• Reviewed: November 13, 2017

Good value for money
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

The pillow should be harder, although for my request they provided us with an extra pillow.

Good location, near the old town and a lot of shopping places. Near the train station.

• Reviewed: November 3, 2017

Great location, easy to reach by public transport.
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

A bit expensive (it is Switzerland after all!). Staff at the front desk were cold (polite but cold). Also, there's a mini bar in the room but no bottle opener so I had to go down to the reception to open my bottle. As a guest, I would think it should be the other way around, the staff should come to the room.

Great location, easy to reach by public transport. The room was clean and good design.

• Reviewed: November 1, 2017

It was a perfect location for my needs.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

It was a perfect location for my needs... I like the free metro pass they provide as Lausanne is very hilly and the metro is a great way to get up those steep hills.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2017

Nice place, night staff could be better
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

We arrived late at night and the reception was empty for a full 5 minutes (the receptionist was attending to a room apparently) but caused a minor panic after a long journey and no hint of an apology

Cool decor in the rooms

• Reviewed: October 25, 2017

not cozy place for mature travellers
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

1.the bed and matress was very uncomfortable. pillow too small and not soft enough. 2.the sounds from the street was very strong all night. so we had bad sleeping. 3.receptionist not very frendly. 4.overall impression-not cozy hotel.

location of the hotel in the middle of town. location near cathedral of Lausanne. metro entrance is 20 metres from the hotel door. wifi was good.

• Reviewed: October 24, 2017

Spacious, comfortable room in a good part of town.
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

It's very minor but the pillows were pretty bad!

The room was surprisingly spacious and although others commented on the noise levels our street-facing room was very quiet. There's plenty to check out within walking distance and it's ridiculously close to the metro making the rest of Lausanne very accessible.

• Reviewed: October 24, 2017

Beautiful city with plenty to do
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

After an illness we found this hotel at the last minute. It turned out to be very nice with a great location. There are several pedestrian streets with all kinds of stores and restaurants. There is a nice market and inexpensive Turkish restaurant across the street. Its a hilly neighborhood we took a taxi up and walked down to the train station (about a 20 minute walk). Beautiful cathedral several minutes away.

• Reviewed: October 19, 2017

great in and out stay
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

the pillows could be better. the pillows are so flat that it is like non existent. also the coat hanger in the room is a hazard almost poked my eye

location and convenience via the public transport

• Reviewed: October 16, 2017

Great location to explore Lausanne from. Right next to Bessieres Metro station which made getting
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The pillows! Way too soft. Asked for extra pillows but they were the same style and we didn’t enjoy them.

Great location, close to Cathedral, Old Town, restaurants and metro station

• Reviewed: October 10, 2017

Lovely place to stay when in Lausanne
    • Single Room with Street View

I always come to this hotel when I travel to Lausanne. The location is perfect and for a short stay or break it is an excellent value/ money spot. In the heart of the city and I am always greeted by lovely and professional staff !

• Reviewed: October 9, 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Everything great but breakfast not always milk on the coffee machine, fruit was frozen, we could not find someone ready to help, it looks a bit dirty. All the rest was great!

Location is great, girls in the reception gentle and efficient.

• Reviewed: October 4, 2017

Perfect location in a beautiful city
    • Single Room with Street View

The only warning, there is no AC, so it may be uncomfortable in summer. Was just fine in Autumn

Room has iron & board, mini bar, very clean, a tea kettle for the Brits, and there is a lift if you need it. Location is absolutely perfect, metro lift right outside hotel, close to cathedral and St. Francis place. Gorgeous city, highly recommend.

• Reviewed: September 30, 2017

Excellent! I would book here again!

Can't think of a thing!

Very centrally located. We were able to walk everywhere! We loved the breakfast space overlooking the Cathédrale! Lovely decor, clean!

• Reviewed: September 23, 2017

Disappointing. At this price, we expected more.
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

If the intent was minimalism, the designers were overachievers: The room, while fairly spacious, lacked several amenities that I would consider standard - there was no closet (just a bar with hangars); no coffee maker (just an electric kettle and instant coffee - an embarrassment); the bed was comfortable but needed extra pillows (which were supplied on request, which we appreciated); the room was too warm with no obvious way to adjust the temperature - we could use the ceiling fan and open the balcony door for fresh air, but since the balcony was shared with the adjoining room, this would sacrifice privacy and security; the bathroom, while adequate, was dark and the towels were small and very thin. The switches for the room lights and ceiling fan were inconveniently located on one side of the bed, with no way for the person on the other side to switch their light on/off. Oddly, there was a functioning cooktop in the room but no utensils or pans so it was a useless waste of space. I would have expected breakfast to be included, but it was extra so we didn't bother.

The room was spacious and the location was fairly central, right at the metro. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: September 19, 2017

Area is very nice, metro station is 2 min walk, shops and...

Breakfast is mediocre.

Area is very nice, metro station is 2 min walk, shops and restaurants 5-10 min walk. Wifi was stable. Beautiful view from cafeteria. Iron board is small but provided in the room directly.

• Reviewed: September 5, 2017

Clean and modern near metro station and attractions
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

Food places nearby in weekends are limited

Right next to metro exit of Bessieres Quiet for weekend. Easy to stroll to the Cathedral. Bus 16 is nearby to go to the park on the peak for panoramic view. Late check out Storage available

• Reviewed: August 29, 2017

Facilities
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

Value -Total price not including breakfast Facilities -No Air Conditioning in the room, if left the window open, the noise from the street makes you hard to have a good rest.

Facilities -Stable & high-speed Wi-fi connection. -Complimentary transportation cards provided. We took the tram to Lutry, where starts hiking route: Lavaux Vineyard Terraces: The Swiss Wine Route. Location -walking distance to the old town;15 min to train station. -Few min walking distance from/to the Metro (station. Bessieres) -Grocery (coop)nearby. Room -The room was spotless, with comfy bed.Have all the essential appliance that we need.

• Reviewed: August 24, 2017

Modern and stylish.
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

No A-C. Not easy to find it in the city. Not easy to drop off.

Very old building in the center, but perfect renovated inside. Young modern style. Lovely staff. Ok for a short stay.

• Reviewed: August 23, 2017

nice but expensive for what you get
    • Single Room - Roof Top

asking for a credit card guarantee upon check in (and payment) is not the best welcome procedure for the standard where this hotel is aiming to position itself. room was very noisy and with basic comfort. in my opinion price is clearly overrated.

breakfast room overlooking the cathedral is definitely one of the pluses

• Reviewed: August 21, 2017

Great well kept hotel.
    • Family Room

Seriously grazed my head on the protrudng, artistic coat hanger inconveniently positioned in the middle of the room. Looks great, totally impractical. Told a staff member and the recpetion and they told me another person did same thing that day. They didn't seem very concerned. Bizzare?!?

Great well kept hotel. A little over priced, but then again Switzerland is overpriced everywhere.

• Reviewed: August 20, 2017

Overall it good. But if the hotel will work at their reception would help them even if it's onlly 3*
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The receptionist on the day of checking was very rude. When I asked her about the breakfast, and she explained me the price and timing I answered "ok", her following question was "What, yes?!!.". And she was so nervous when I asked her for the second door key for my son. The rest staff was polite.

• Reviewed: August 16, 2017

It's a nice hotel, but won't stay there again.
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

No airco. Being on the streetside, leaving window open at night is too loud = sleepless nights. Having a carpet in a room without airco is not smart since heat gets stuck in the carpet.

Beatiful, modern and great location.

• Reviewed: August 15, 2017

Never going back
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

Noisy room - dust on the top of the decoration pillows on my bed. small bed for someone who is 1.90 tall. no air Condition - bad smell inside the bathroom and room even if we opened the windows to refresh the air. super expensive 19 CHF breakfast totally unworthy Poor equipped gym with only 4 machines The night shift personnel wasn't well informed and able to respond clearly to my questions.

The offered us a ticket to have a discount for a parking called MON REPOS that is located 5 min walk from the hotel. It costs 15 CHF per day. Otherwise there is no parking space close by apart from the one called CAROLINE but coste super expensive. Modern room well decorated

• Reviewed: August 15, 2017

I love the style but the service needs to be improved.
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

The rooms facing the street are veeeeeery noisy, the mattress is very soft which I personally don't like at all and also the pillows are way too soft. The breakfast could be good but when we arrived there barely was anything left (we arrived at 10am and breakfast finishes at 11am) and when we were asking for bread they said that nothing's left which was really disappointing. Also they seemed a bit stressed since they didn't manage to fill up everything and all the tables were full with dishes.

The location is great and the boutique style very nice. The bar was closed when we wanted to go so we couldn't check it out but it looks nice. The view from the breakfast room is beautiful.

• Reviewed: August 14, 2017

Very comfortable stay with an amazing view
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Having an air-conditioner might be helpful for the very hot days (that was not the case during our stay, actually the temperature was perfect).

Very comfortable stay: great design, comfortable beds and spacious working zone, good soundproofing, amazing view to Lausanne - really liked everything about it! Excellent connection to the main attractions in the city, very nice neighbourhood (very central) with plenty of bars, cafes, shops etc.

• Reviewed: August 12, 2017

Perfect, highly recommend!
    • Family Room

We liked it a lot! Perfect position to visit the city; modern, stylish and clean hotel. Staff is friendly and helpful. Rooms are big and perfect for families. We had a great time!

• Reviewed: August 10, 2017

Lausanne is not that special. Only for a short visit.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

No parking at the hotel...you have to walk to a parking around 5 minits. The pillows from the bed are very cheap. Not quality.

Friendly staff and Good location

• Reviewed: August 10, 2017

Great location, recommended!!
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

Our room is on the west side, so it's pretty hot in the afternoon till late evening (as we went in summer time). If the hotel could provide the fan, it would be best and recommended to provide in the room.

The location is great, only a few steps from the metro Bessières station, so it's very convenient if you travel by train. The size of the room is ok and it's quite clean.

• Reviewed: August 6, 2017

We booked the hotel on the same day we checked in.
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

We booked the hotel on the same day we checked in. The twin room was reserved, but we got the room with one master bed. We went to the hotel staff to change the room; unfortunately, there were no other twin rooms. We really appreciated the staff as she gave us such an amazing offer.

• Reviewed: August 2, 2017

Clean and Convenient for local travel!
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

Ha. I would prefer air conditioning, as August was hot. Thankfully there WAS a ceiling fan.

I liked the kettle/coffee in the room. I liked the convenience of the free local travel card, and hotel location next to the subway! Parking was easy to get to, and discounted with the hotel.

• Reviewed: July 28, 2017

Location and views in Lausanne
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

No place to park a car for more than a few minutes to unload/load.

Excellent location as it is situated right on the M2 metro line and a walk to all the old town sites. Ask for a room on the backside of the building as there are wonderful views of the old town and lake Geneva. While still expensive, the nightly rate was relatively low compared to other good quality hotels in the area.

• Reviewed: July 26, 2017

Good bed, reasonable wifi, quiet, unfriendly reception
    • Double or Twin Room with Street View

Room was very hot when I arrived, so had to keep the window open People insisting on sleeping with open window (fresh air) will be bothered by streetnoise The reception lady was particularly unfriendly. I had paid through booking already, but she insisted that was not the case and I did not understand.

Good bed Wifi pretty ok, not superstrong but not unreliable Room was quiet from neighbours. They had given me a room away from the other guests