Reviews of Derby Swiss Quality Hotel 3 stars

#15 of 39 hotels in Grindelwald

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Convenient.
    • Junior Suite with Twin Beds

The only thing we were uncomfortable was that the hotel is located at the station, so some people were smoking right outside of our bedroom, smelled second and smoke.

Convenient.

My friend and I had two single rooms with amazing views out...
    • Standard Single Room

Not a negative for me but some might be put off from the noise of the road below but’s it all quiet again by about 10pm and your u can close soundproof door ..... not a bother to me the view outweighed the inconvenience of a little traffic noise.

My friend and I had two single rooms with amazing views out to the Eiger, absolutely stunning!!!! The rooms were spacious, clean and beds comfy we could even dine out on our balcony and watch the sun disappear behind the mountain. Breakfast was great and the staff in reception & breakfast room were so helpful and happy to greet you. We arrived by car from Zurich after a long flight from Australia and it was so wonderful to not worry about the parking . The Derby is quite literally on the train station platform so great for those arriving this way. Would happily stay here again one day .... love to see it in the winter

Location was great: right next to the bus stop.
    • Junior Suite with Twin Beds

No balcony (not sure if I got the room I paid for). Most of the view was blocked by the building in front. Room/bathroom looked old (but well maintained). No sleeper was provided (maybe they can provide one if you ask).

Location was great: right next to the bus stop.

This is my second time to stay in this hotel.
    • Junior Suite with Twin Beds

This is my second time to stay in this hotel. I had a profound experience in my first stay so this time, So this year when I go to Grindlewald, I chosed same hotel. We booked Junior Suite / Family Room for 3 nights, our room was facing station side. It's nothing like website photos. It was mid August, the peak season. Restaurant breakfast is always short for food. Coffee is bad... We paid a lot money to stay 3 night, just not worth it.

Decent hotel at Grindelwald
    • Standard Twin Room

I had a very soft pillow in my room, but it turned out that every hotel in Switzerland has this kind of pillow.

The location of the hotel is perfect, right in front of the station. Even if you come by car there is also a parking place at the hotel. We even parked our car till after the checked out time. Breakfast was okay as well, decent choices of food and beverages. The staffs were very helpful and honest as well. My girlfriend accidentally left her mobile phone at the hotel. We called the receptionist and they kepy her phone until we were back from our trip to Jungfraujoch. There are some restaurants, shops and supermarkets nearby the hotel. They are reachable on foot. We had a room with balcony and we could see the mountain scenery from the balcony.

• Standard Twin Room

Great location! right next to the Grindelwald train station! Friendly staff and nice clean rooms with a little balcony. You can see the mountains right there. breakfast was great. close to the town center.

Amazing Mountain View
    • Standard Twin Room

Very convenient location. Room very clean with amazing balcony view of Eiger. Excellent breakfast and always well stocked. The food served here is delicious and will not disappoint. The staff is very friendly and will go out of their way to help. This was our third stay and we will stay at this hotel again.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Nice views, nice lady at the reception.
    • Standard Twin Room

Asked for 2 single beds and got a big double bed. My friend slept on the couch which was ok for a night but it’s not what we asked for. The wifi did not work half of the time.

Nice views, nice lady at the reception. She even called to the room to ask if we needed to move our motorcycles because there was rain coming. Very attentive of her. Tesla destination charger was available! Amazing for an hotel to have that, but it was “iced” the whole time. Good thing I came on my motorcycle.

Front staff was excellent and very helpful and accommodating...
    • Standard Twin Room

Bed was not comfortable at all. In fact the sofa bed was a bit more comfortable than the bed Breakfast selection was terrible Staff in the restaurant were rude, did not seem like they wanted to work The restaurant for lunch time did not even allow us to order a pizza for our son to eat in despite the fact that me and my wife were going to order food to eat in, as a result we had to go elsewhere to eat. They lost income for a really silly policy.

Front staff was excellent and very helpful and accommodating When we needed extra blanket and towel it was left on the desk in front of our room since we were out. I like this because it ensures nothing is missing and staff cannot be blamed. The best part is in connected to the train station - FANTASTIC!!!

Superb location, good hotel
    • Junior Suite with Twin Beds

An older hotel that is in a need of rejuvenation. I did like it's style, but there are still many things too improve (pillow menu - way too soft pillows at the time, new carpets that are damaged, normal spoons in the room instead of plastic sticks, terrible elevators, breakfast is average 3*). At the restaurant we have tried their Kaiserschmaren (that was superb) and their fondue (which is made with wine and schnapps and did not meet our expectations all).

The hotel has superb location st the start of the center of Grindelwald, all the attractions are near, there is a possibility to park your car. Also a market is near by. The staff were very friendly, the check in and out were without problems, also our room was tidy and clean.

Satisfactory
    • Standard Single Room

Most of the staffs were good except one middle aged big sized lady. When I went to inquire at the counter, she didn't respond and ignored me. Thinking she didn't hear me, I greeted her again. When I said hello the second time, she shouted "wait a second" in Japanese. She could have just politely told me to wait. Other staffs especially the younger ladies were all very helpful and friendly

The location. Just right in front of the Grindelwald train station. Very convenient

This hotel offers amazing views and is only steps from the...
    • Junior Suite with Twin Beds

Breakfast was good, but not great. There were lots of flies buzzing around the indoor dining area.

This hotel offers amazing views and is only steps from the train station. Clean, comfortable and relaxing.

Perfect place to stay in Grindelwald
    • Superior Twin Room with Eiger View

That I only had 2 nights here. Wish we had spent our whole stay in Switzerland in this hotel.

Loved this hotel and location! Check in was easy and staff were friendly and helpful to inform us about the town. Room was nice, clean, comfortable, had a balcony and a fantastic view of the Eiger. Directly beside the train station and in the centre of Grindelwald. Restaurant in hotel and others right on the door step. Breakfast was a nice buffet. Good wifi signal. Check out was super easy. I want to go back soon.

Perfect location and very comfortable.
    • Standard Twin Room

Perfect location just across the road from the station with fabulous views of the mountains. There are several sitting areas with the great view for those who don't have the mountain view rooms. The staff are helpful and friendly. Breakfast is very good too. Expensive but then not for Grindelwald.

Excellent location for train connections. Great staff. Large room with balcony.
    • Superior Twin Room with Eiger View

Location as perfect - right next to the train platforms for both travel to Interlaken and to Jungfraujoch. Excellent room on the south size with view of the maintains and valley below. Excellent restaurant, to include fondue offerings. Breakfast was exceptional - huge selection. Very friendly and helpful staff, to include restaurant staff. Would stay here again.

Very glad with the stay - excellent base to explore Grindelwald

No complaints...

Brilliant location, right at the train station but it isn't noisy at all... Very happy with the exceptional customer-focused staff

- super close to the train station, restaurant and the shops...
    • Standard Twin Room

- quite small room and bathroom, we had trouble opening up two of our luggages - bit pricey for the limited amenities, but quite usual for Switzerland

- super close to the train station, restaurant and the shops in the town. - awesome view to the mountain - extra friend front desk staff, she made us feel very welcomed and warm

Nice, calm, fine, perfect location only few steps from train station.

Toilet could be nicer.

Location was perfect, we came late at night and it was just in front of our face when we step out of the train! Reception was welcoming and lovely. Rooms was fine for one night. Small, old, clean.

Very quiet.
    • Standard Single Room

Very quiet. A quiet part of town. (I was there in low season). The rooms seem to be well noise insulated. My room was overlooking the train station but due to the thick windows I could barely hear any noise from the trains. The bed in the single room was wide and comfortable.

Get a room with a view, it's amazing and you will not regret it.
    • Superior Twin Room with Eiger View

Breakfast options were ok.

Straight off the train line and there you are. We were lucky enough to get a room with a view of the mountains and it was...spectacular! You open your curtains and there are the most beautiful mountains staring back at you. I would recommend getting a room with a view, you won't regret it. The room itself is cosy and has pretty much everything you would need. A comfortable bed and nice warm shower/bath for after long days in the snow.

Priced for convenience
    • Superior Twin Room with Eiger View

The decor is specific to the region. Price per night is high due to location and the breakfast was good without being great. We still had a great stay.

The location right on the rail head for both the Interlaken and Kleine Scheidigg trains makes this hard to beat. The views of the alps around Grindelwald is also hard to beat.

The staff is very friendly and professional.
    • Superior Twin Room with Eiger View

The ski room is below the hotel, and it was difficult and even not safely to care the ski equipment on the staircase.

The staff is very friendly and professional. Great location, just on the platform, no need to care suitcases too long. Great view on Eiger mount. Really good sauna.

A luxury hotel suitable for making memory in Grindelwald
    • Standard Twin Room

nothing really, but the price (per night) could be less, I would say

excellent location, the room was really clean and comfortable, beautiful window/balcony view, excellent breakfast

The room is big with huge windows around the room.

Nothing everything was fine

The room is big with huge windows around the room. Hotel is classic with location very close to hauptbahnhof. Arrived very late at night but direction for the room very easy by the staff.

Lovely stay in pleasant traditional hotel.
    • Standard Twin Room

If i had one thing- you have to walk down a steep set if steps or the road to get down to the boot/ski room. You are not allowed to use the lift to the lobby which is right by the train platform.

the Hotel was in an excellent location, by the train station and couple of minutes walk from bus station, which is one of the reasons we chose it! All the staff really friendly and helpful, helping with ski pass and where to ski. The bedroom was comfortable and bathroom clean and ok. The buffet breakfast was very good. Ate in resturant our first night and this was good too, we got used to the prices after our first beer and meal! Lovely end of stay present was a bonus. Boot and ski room available to use as you would expected. Wifi avaiable in all bedrooms. We will return.

Location is perfect right next to the railway station but...
    • Standard Single Room

Location is perfect right next to the railway station but the room was still quiet and one can get a good nights sleep. The bed was comfortable and the restaurant has good food but is expensive. Altogether a hotel that one can recommend.

Perfect for a comfortable ski holiday
    • Standard Twin Room

It was a very good stay - location is perfect if you don't like walking in ski boots, staff was smiling and helpful, they have a small private sauna in the hotel that was a bonus and the rooms are clean and Alpine, with views on mountains :). The receptionists were always very friendly and welcoming and all in all it was a really agreeable stay.

Great location, great value for money, good breakfast, ok parking. Overall good deal.
    • Standard Twin Room

Staff could be a little more caring. Most probably thy were super busy, but a little more personal attention would have been appreciated. Superior room has 2 single beds, better to check upfront if you want a double bed.

excellent location, in front of the train station, easy to get the train and go up on the slopes. Get a superior room with the view over the Eiger.

Incredible; the hospitality in Switzerland seems to be second-to-none.
    • Superior Twin Room with Eiger View

The only thing I didn’t like was that my bed was uncomfortable for me but it was fine for my partner so I assume that was just me and my back personally so I’m not sure I can fairly state that that’s a hotel problem.

The staff went above and beyond to make us comfortable and to ensure we had a lovely trip. Even though English wasn’t their first language, they tried so hard to explain things and make recommendations as fluently as possible. A specific example would be that, even after we checked out, I wanted to go swimming but didn’t bring a towel and they lent me one with no charge, in good faith, providing I returned it before we left. This is obviously something they didn’t have to do and most hotels wouldn’t. The room was comfortable and spacious with an incredible view that made us glad we paid extra for that specific room. This hotel is superb value for money also, as you are given a card at the beginning of your stay that gives you free access to the local sportszentrum (very close by) which has a big water slide, a lovely pool, and a sauna and a few other things inside. On top of that, the breakfast you get (ours was inclded) is unbelievable. You basically have everything you could want and the fact you don’t pay extra is quite amazing - you wonder why when you see what’s out. I loved that they also have good provisions for winter sports gear and for people arriving by car.

Lovely hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

I would have preferred a double bed rather than two single beds being joined together. Plus, the pillows would have been better. They were fluffy but as soon as you lay your head, they just stay flat.

The hotel's location was just brilliant. It is conveniently located next to the train station and the view we had from our was just beautiful beyond words. The staff were lovely. They were very friendly and speak English really well. They did also accommodate our request for an early check in. The free breakfast buffet was just too good. There were a variety of food and drinks that were served, and they all tasted delicious.

Second trip to this wonderful hotel.
    • Junior Suite with Twin Beds

Second trip to this wonderful hotel. Booked the junior suite and couldn't be happier. Appreciate the hotel accommodating my request to stay in the same room as my previous trip a year ago.

Friendly hotel at the main train station
    • Standard Twin Room

There is nothing unpleasant to report.

Very friendly lady at the reception upon our arrival after a lond train trip, we were upgraded and got a very nice and big room, it was 2 days before the end of the summer season and the hotel was going to close before the coming winter season. The bed was very comfortable and the room was absolutely quiet. We had a great view onto the Eiger mountain. And very important: on the next day, we were at the quay of the train station within 1/2 minute to continue our trip.

The hotel is at the train station - on one of the platforms.

The parking lot is a bit small. The location is very convenient but deeper into Grindelwald is more charming.

The hotel is at the train station - on one of the platforms. It is really convenient. There is also parking on-site. The breakfast is quite comprehensive and friendly. The rooms are neat and clean, as are the bathrooms. The view from some of the rooms is good. The family I was with did have a meal and said the restaurant was decent.

Super friendly staff and great service in a hotel with tradition.
    • Standard Twin Room

Super friendly staff and great service in a hotel with tradition, nevertheless good value for money. From arrival and throughout the whole stay we were welcomed by professional and smiling staff which was helpful also with advice outside their premises. We had a wonderful stay and would gladly come back some other time.

Pleasant stay at Derby Swiss! Highly recommended
    • Standard Single Room

i cant say because everything is perfect..maybe breakfast is quite OK

Great location..right in front of the train station..5minutes walk to Grindelwald First! great view, friendly staff!

BEST LOCATION AND GREAT VALUE
    • Standard Twin Room

Unbeatable location. It literally took 30 sec from our room to get on a train. The staff was the super friendly and helpful!!!!!! You'll regret if you go elsewhere

Fantastic hotel in a great location. We'll be back.
    • Junior Suite with Twin Beds

Great hotel right next to the railway station. Fantastic and very clean family room with a king bed and two singles. Balcony off room with beautiful views. Friendly, polite and helpful staff. Easy walk to restaurants and shops. Excellent dining room. Definitely the place to stay.

What a wonderful place to stay.
    • Standard Twin Room

What a wonderful place to stay. Very peaceful and relaxed. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Food was amazing!! Great views of the Alps. Literally right outside the train station and it wasn't noisy. Definitely recommend!

Bucket list trip to Jungfraujoch made easier by the ideal location of this hotel for the first train
    • Standard Twin Room

Although adequate, our room was a little small for two people.

The hotel was ideally situated for the railway station, and had been recommended to us by friends who use it often. The hotel had a large restaurant with a good choice of meals,served by friendly and efficient staff.

Convenient for those arriving by train, but a parking challenge for car drivers.
    • Superior Twin Room with Eiger View

The on-site parking is very limited and very tight. Bed was harder than we are used to.

Location in the heart of Grindelwald was excellent. Our balcony offered a view of the north face of the Eiger, on those rare instances when the clouds and fog lifted. The raclette in the restaurant was very good.

Grindelwald adventure

Nothing. Loved it all

Closeness to the train and amenities. Very helpful staff. Nothing was too much trouble for them. All done with a smile. Great service

Excellent Location!
    • Standard Twin Room

It’s a great place to stay. Next to the train station. Excellent location. Good Breakfast!! Comfortable room, comfortable bed, great staff. We enjoyed our stay very much. I highly recommend this hotel!

Wonderful hotel in a convenient location. Will definitely stay here again!

Everything was great!

The proximity to the train station was a huge plus! Loved sitting on the balcony watching the trains come and go. The staff was friendly and helpful. Loved staying here!

The croissants at breakfast were excellent.
    • Junior Suite with Twin Beds

The tissue paper was not topped up. We ran out of tissue paper on our last night (we stayed 4 nights) and had to call the receptionist for extra tissues. Our room was a suite so it was meant for more than 2 persons. They should have automatically placed at least 3 coffee mugs in the room. Could have provided body lotion as well.

The croissants at breakfast were excellent. Location was excellent. This is my second stay.

Want to go back to Grinderwald and would happily stay at the Derby again.
    • Superior Twin Room with Eiger View

The only downside if you could call it that was the fact that there was no aircon. But whilst travelling around Europe for around 5 weeks we discovered that the majority didn't.

It was so easy to access. We got off the train walked around to the other side of the platform and we were there. Our room had a view of the Eiger. It was stunning. The staff were fantastic.

It is not a welcoming hotel.
    • Superior Twin Room with Eiger View

A "mean" hotel. Free wifi for one account with two devices useable only; but always cannot log in as it says more than two devices are using the network but the truth is no device is using. Warm towel rack in the bathroom is not workable. Told the receptionist twice and she always said "we will take care" in an abrupt manner. However, no care had been taken and for the 4 night stay, it is still not workable and we gave up to ask. On the first day right after checked in the room, we could not manage to handle / open the balcony door properly. Please forgive us as we come from Asia which I believe this kind of sliding balcony door to open the upper part to allow the air coming in is not usual in Asia. We rang the receptionist telling her we could not manage the balcony door. She said it must be okay (I know it is not damaged; I just didn't know how to deal with it). She came up to our room to demonstrate but her face showing that we looked like an idiot who couldn't deal with such an easy job.

Will we come back? No

Breakfast selection seemed limited this year unlike the previous succeeding 2 years of visiting. Restaurant food was very salty so I wasn't able to eat my main course, even the French fries despite availability of salt on the table. The next day, restaurant was not busy but the waiter said to wait for 30 mins despite a lot of empty tables.:(

Friendly staff in the reception. Free parking.

Location is extremely convenient. The room is clean and spacious. Staff was nice and helpful.
    • Junior Suite with Twin Beds

There was a penthouse above my room. Whenever people in the penthouse move/walk and that created noise which was quite disturbing when this happened early in the morning.

Room is clean and spacious. Staff at the reception is friendly and nice.

The staff treat you like friends and family! Property was clean and lovely!
    • Junior Suite with Twin Beds

Nothing to not like. Our heater would not turn off the first night so slept with windows open (no biggie) first thing in the morning we mentioned it to the front desk and a repair man was there in 5 minutes!

Immediately the staff made you feel like family! The ladies (I am so sorry I do not have their names readily available) we so pleasant and interested in us as guests and in a friendly manner. We arrived before check-in but left our luggage with the desk, had lunch in the hotel restaurant!! AMAZING!! and wandered around the town till check-in. Our luggage was already in our room upon our return. The room was very clean, a nice sized bathroom! Loved the bathtub! The tea set in the room was great to have on the rainy days. The location was PERFECT!!! we had a room on the back side of the hotel and there was little to no street noise at night (few cars are out after 11pm) and no noise from the trains on the back side of the property. I would definitely stay there again! -- OH and the breakfast!!! yummy, lots of choices - we left full every morning ready for the day. WIFI was good we could Skype and email perfectly. The Barnettes

It was very nice
    • Junior Suite with Twin Beds

I booked Suite but they gave me double beds room After I showed them the reference booking number They said we are sorry for this mistake

Location is good but the price is very expensive

Lovely visit, hotel next to train station so very easy to travel in and out of Grindelwald.
    • Junior Suite with Twin Beds

Service in the bar was sparse and we gave up trying to get a drink there!

Lovely views and the room was spacious with a balcony. Breakfasts were great and the gift chocolate bar on departure was unexpected and much appreciated!

BASIC and only ok if you're in a rush to be on a train!
    • Standard Twin Room

VERY basic hotel : small room & tiny shower room, train passengers at station can all see right into the North facing rooms, horrible detergent smell in reception daily, breakfast VERY basic, ran out of food, like BHS canteen in a bad day! Staff ok but not overly helpful. Hugely expensive for what was provided, have always had FAR better hotels for less ££s with Booking.Com so VERY disappointed.

Location, although it was right on top of the rail station!! Good of catching a lot of trains but NO privacy as could not keep curtains open as all passengers could see straight into our room- ridiculous.

Great place to stay!
    • Superior Twin Room with Eiger View

The two beds with a huge wooden gap in between, we definitely are kingsize fans! Unfortunately the parking service dropped our car right beside a public area and we got two scratch marks on our car which leaves a bit of an overall bad taste after discovering it at home

The staff was super friendly, super warm welcome with car parking service, the room had an amazing view, was clean and cute. Everyone in the hotel was helpful and the breakfast was good and offered something for everybody as I believe!

The location of the hotel is really good, is just next to...
    • Superior Twin Room with Eiger View

The location of the hotel is really good, is just next to the train station. And the breakfast is delicious!! Only the staffs are a little proud just answer my question like a machine.

A great choice in Grandelwald
    • Standard Single Room

The fare is a bit high but totally worth it.

The hotel is just beside Grindelwald railway station (1 min walk), right facing the Eiger. Single room is well-equipped and clean, with delicious breakfast and a variety of choices. the stuff is also very friendly.

Overall pretty good stay.
    • Superior Twin Room with Eiger View

My daughter had a separate room with a balcony. There were numerous cigarette butts on the balcony that I cleaned up when we arrived.

Close train and overall pretty convenient. The lady at the front was very nice and helpful. The rooms were pretty nice for Europe.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Perfect location and price
    • Standard Twin Room

Finding Hotels at a reasonable cost in this area is challenging. This Hotel was low to midrange. Accommodation was perfect. Spacious room, large bathroom, comfy bed. We were upgraded to a Jr. Suite which was awesome. Breakfast was included which is always great as things are so expensive in Switzerland. Located right side the train station but a quiet room.

Derby Hotel. A plunder and a loot. Never ever stay here
    • Junior Suite with Twin Beds

Pathetic location.unfriendly staff. V high priced for the value offered. Breakfast was limited to cold cuts breads and butter. V poor experience. Hated my stay totally.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

The Beauty of the Swiss Alps even in the Spring.
    • Standard Single Room

Pillows too flat and a dooner as a top sheet which is too hot. This seems to be a general thing in Europe.

Getting off the train and literally walking into the hotel. Really attentive staff and a great breakfast.. A room with a balcony facing the mountains.

A perfect base in the Berber Oberland
    • Superior Twin Room with Eiger View

Pillows too soft ( not significant)

The Eiger view from our room was fantastic (see our photo). Staff were so friendly. One of the receptionists lent us a pair of sunglasses for our Jungfraujoch tour. Easy location to find.

great hotel!!

no dis-likes....

Staff was extremely friendly, room (with balcony to the mountains) was big and convenient, breakfast was great. i really recommend the hotel, we had great time!

Ideal hotel for Jungfrau

The lift .....

I like everything here, the room, the location, the view from my room, the staff. We normally wait inside the hotel for the train, (you can see how close it is from the train station). very convienent if you go for the Jungfrau. The walk around the hotel was also amazing with the views

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

The hotel is right next to Grindelwald train station.
    • Superior Twin Room with Eiger View

I asked one extra bed for superior double room with eiger view, but it was not prepared. They must have missed my request. It took 20 min to set up for the extra bed after our arrival. The female staff who processed our checkin did not say sorry at all. When the room was prepared, she called us 'guys' and was rude. Other staffs were mostly kind. It was notified when we arrived at the hotel that the water in hotel is unavailable due to maintenance from 14:00-16:00p.m. and 21:00 to 23:30 of May 9th. I should have studied Grindelwald area more with enough time to pick up a better hotel.

The hotel is right next to Grindelwald train station. The nearest hotel from station in Grindelwald.

Great location, brilliant staff made our stay very enjoyable
    • Superior Twin Room with Eiger View

Had dinner once but it wasn't great even though the breakfast served at the same restaurant was very good.

The staff were brilliant, very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was simple but very good.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Such a good location!!!
    • Standard Twin Room

Wifi pass only allows 2 devices max to be connected (you can pay for another pad though) which wasn't great when we had two phones plus a laptop that we needed to use.

The location was an absolute positive plus - literally right outside the station (like on the tracks) which was perfect for us when it was raining and we were tired from moving to a new town every day with 20kg of luggage each! The staff were fantastic, especially Evi whom we developed a friendship with and she went above and beyond to help us find things to do as the weather wasn't great during our one night stay, and our plans had changed. Breakfast wasn't too bad, the rooms weren't too spacious but cosy. Great views, although we had the train station view which was ok.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Great stay. Thank you.

The hotel is in the best position right by the station. Our rooms were spotlessly clean and beautifully appointed with fabulous views and balconies. Cannot fault this hotel.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

The view was amazing, just directly from our balcony, and...
    • Standard Twin Room

The name of the hotel was different from the one I booked in booking.com, that makes me searching for about 30 minutes after reaching my destination, that was in comfortable

The view was amazing, just directly from our balcony, and the weather was so fresh (Full of O2) that you want to sleep the whole time, and relax

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

The hotel is located right next to the Grindelwald railway...
    • Standard Twin Room

The rooms are rather small. If you are skiing/snowboarding the room will be quite stuffed with all your clothes etc.

The hotel is located right next to the Grindelwald railway station and thus very convenient if you arrive by train. The hotel staff was very friendly and the rooms have all the comfort you need even though they are rather small. The dinner in the hotel's restaurant was excellent and fairly priced. Overall a good location for a weekend getaway.

Great hotel, totally recommend for attitude, convenience, views and access to ski train
    • Standard Twin Room

Generally Switzerland is so expensive especially the food. £10 for two bottles of water up top. Add 50% to Austria and 80% to UK prices.

Bed was great, views stunning, the best place for getting onto the train to the ski slopes, perfect location

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Perfect location in beautiful mountains.
    • Standard Twin Room

Receptionist was super friendly and helpful. The view from the balcony was fantastic and the location was perfect for getting to the ski slopes and then taking the train back into town.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Mother/teen daughter trip to Grindelwald
    • Standard Twin Room

Incredible location steps from the train. Great bar/lounge where we could relax with a drink each night. Fondue restaurant in the building-food was okay but dessert stole the show. Breakfast was plentiful in options each morning. We will return for sledging and skiing. Great hotel!

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Well first of all I really LOVED GRINDELWALD!
    • Standard Single Room

Well first of all I really LOVED GRINDELWALD! It was a dream ski trip to a magic village! There is no words to describe the beauty of the nature (my visit was in the winter time). I entered into the hotel just stepping out from the train, and if I say that hotel is 5 meters away from the station it is not that I am being sarcastic :) The station did not bother, opposite it was very much comfortable when going to ski. The very first moment I entered in my room I did not understand if I like it or no (I must be used to more modern style rooms). Though step by step I fell in love with the cosy place I was staying in. The very first moment I even tried to look for a better place, though then I understood that there is no better place and the style of the room is a very much normal standard for this region. I had an amazing view out of my window I even did not close the curtains for the night, because I preferred to see this beauty when just opening my eyes in the morning! The first days I went out to the highly recommended restaurants. Though later I understood that it was mistake, because the restaurant in the Derby hotel was much more better and even cheaper! Thus all another days I was staying in the hotel for the dinners. The staff was super friendly, I've got a letter from the administration asking if they could do me anything more... that was pretty much sweet of them! But they already did everything that I just could not ask of anything more! Well not a thing to complain about! Thank you magic Grindelwald for this amazing trip! <3

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Nice and clean room offer an excellent price performance.
    • Standard Single Room

Parking space for car is very narrow.

Nice and clean room offer an excellent price performance. Location perfectly located directly at the train station

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Exactly like a stay in the Swiss Alps should be! We'll be back.
    • Standard Twin Room

Great location, a stone throw away from the train which was great! And the breakfast, I just love me a Swiss breakfast and this was a good one!

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Location next to the train station was very convenient and...
    • Standard Single Room

Location next to the train station was very convenient and despite having a room overlooking the platform the was no noise in the room. Sauna was nice after a day's skiing. Breakfast buffet had a large selection of food.