Reviews of Eden Au Lac 5 stars

Utoquai 45, Seefeld, 8008 Zürich, Switzerland

We enjoyed our stay and look forward to returning in the future.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

The room faces the lake which is a good thing. The bad news is that the room faces west and it gets pretty roasty toasty in the afternoon.

We like the location next to the lake

Don't stay at this hotel
    • Superior Single Room

Hotel needs renovation. Single room that I was placed in was like 6 or 8 sq. meter, sort of an additional small room with connection doors. When I tried to ask for a change the guy at the reception named Zaman Al Hasani, was very rood and had no intention to solve this problem in a proper way until his manager was involved.

Very nice location, looks at the lake, nice amenities and towels

• Superior Single Room

it took me almost an hour in the check in counter. I am a frequent traveler and I know how it works, that hotel has to take certain credit card authorization for accidentals. I decided to pay for my stay when I'm doing the check in because I am leaving early the next day (5:30am). I already authorized 400 CHF and 307CHF for my one night stay and they want me again to authorize another 307CHF! I said no I will not authorize again another one night stay value. And it just goes on and on. I was tired coming from a 6 hours flight. Not a very good experience.

The $40 breakfast was very few choices to choose.
    • Superior Single Room with Lake View

The $40 breakfast was very few choices to choose. The staff didn't tell me that my booking didn't included the breakfast when he checked my room number and only informed that after I had a breakfast. So I had to pay $40 for a cup of coffee, a cup of tea and eggs. Strongly not recommend to choice this hotel.

A lovely building and great staff but location is ruined by the road and the chef is AWFUL!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

Sadly this hotel is still in the 1970's. The room furniture and decor was tired and boring. Its location is completely ruined by the five lane highway separating it from the lake. It is one of the busiest roads in Zurich and full of noisy traffic all day long and late into the evening. The lakeside rooms and balconies are pointless due to the noise and fumes. The restaurant was hugely disappointing - food was decorative and over elaborate and not at all tasty. There are much better places to stay in Zurich for this price. Rooftop bar is literally a space on the roof - windswept and devoid of atmosphere.

The staff were the best thing about this hotel - uniformly smiley and helpful and friendly. The breakfast buffet was also very well done.

Not worth the price
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

The house really needs a renovation. No aircon working, feels old inside, no bellboy at our arrival and the breakfast is kind of poor for a 5*Hotel.

Nice location at the sea although a bit of a walk to the city center.

Excellent Classic Hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I liked how clean the room is and how friendly the staff are. I also liked the food quality at the all day dining restaurant. I especially liked the location. A walking distance between the hotel and Zurich lake. As for the hotel itself, I liked the use of the classic furniture. Highly recommended.

4.0
    Business Trip to Zurich

pretty much everything, we had 3 rooms booked! All to be closely together, we even communicated this to the Hotel by email. When we arrived nobody knew and they wanted to put us all on different floors, while discussion the issue, they then offered me a junior suite but I would have to pay $ 300 per night!!!! Since they did not follow the booking request we did not believe that this was fair. The front desk Manager Mr. Hassim was very accommodating and helpful after I made it known that it was there mistake. The hotel is old and is falling apart to charge a 5 star rate for this hotel and its rooms is outrages. Air Condition does not work. Beds are horrible my bed had almost no firmness old and saggy. Restaurant; It took 2 hours for us to be able to eat in the restaurant, and we were almost with the exception of one other couple the only one in the dining room. They had a function in the hotel which they catered too. Which left the Dining room with one person. The window which was close to our table the top part become loose and they taped it back on......pretty sad. Someone could have gotten hurt!!!! I ordered Champagne and had to keep asking for another glass. The butter was frozen. We paid over $ 600 for the dinner with lousy service. In the morning at breakfast you feel that there is not enough food provided for all the guest at one point one guest behind me had no bread as they run out, I offered him some of ours, hardly no fruit, bread for 2 days not enough for the guest, very poorly managed. Food Manager and Assistant Manager both spoke to me that the hotel will be renovated in October. They ask me what they can do to make my stay better but that is no excuse for charging these amounts for a Hotel which clearly no longer is in the condition of a 5 star Hotel. I am in Germany right now in a 4 star Hotel and have better rooms and breakfast an d location.

not very much, if I would have known the condition of this Hotel we would have never booked it

Nice weekend trip
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

breakfast could be better. shower curtain should be covering entire bath

very good hotel. exceptionally friendly and helpful staff. clean bathroom, nice lake view.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

We expected more service for the high price
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

It was still one of the colder nights when we stayed at Eden au Lac. The heating in the room did not work at all which was disapointing. Mentioned this at the check-out it was just commented with: "we will tell the maintanance". A nice sign as a kind of compensation would have been e.g. free parking or breakfast etc. but maybe that is not considered by this 5 star hotel. The interior in the room was really old fashioned without style.

Location is close to the lake and to the opera.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Very disappointing - beware!
    • Superior Single Room

Nice location on the lake, but with a very busy & noisy street in front. Old property, needs URGENT refurbishment, rooms and entire interior have the dated, used "charme" of the 60ies. Noisy, you need ear-plugs to sleep. I felt uncomfortable. Five stars for this hotel are a joke, the rate I paid is completely crazy compared to what you get. I travel a lot throughout Europe, 2-3 nights per week, this is one of the worst and most disappointing experiences in a long time.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Single rooms are very small

My door was left unlocked all day by housekeeping. Room 407 has a single bed and is very small and claustrophobic. Not worth the very high price you pay.

Staff we very helpful and the Sky bar is beautiful

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Excellent location and lovely little hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Ordered breakfast in our room. No plates or cups provided. When I called room service, I got an argumentative response telling me that all the cutlery was provided.

Beds were very comfy and the croissants extra flakey

good location...at a price
    • Superior Single Room

beds and pillows are old, as is the bathroom. a refreshing of the premises would be nice

location of the hotel is great, but comes at a price; if you want lake view, you'll have to take the noisy, busy lake road with it....

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Excellent Zurich experience.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

The insulation between rooms could be better.

The staff were delightful and very helpful. Restaurant recommendation was superb. The balcony is fabulous as is the view. A great location and easy walk to city.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Not worth it
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The beds are hard, old fashioned 6 inch mattress, no pillow top. We woke up with aching backs, hard to walk. There is a bath tub, very deep, so hard to get into the shower, I found it dangerous as there is nothing to hold onto when getting in. The shower water runs hot, then cold, back to hot, cold... There isn't air conditioning, the building gets warm, can't open the windows as the streets are very noisy, all night long. I booked a non-refundable rate, and they charged before I got there, on the day of leaving - I went to give them the key and they said I had 50 dollars worth of extras.... huh? I had drank 2 bottles of orange juice and made a phone call (we had to get a massage so we could walk). They should have put the bill under the door the night prior so I could have looked it over... but here I am off to the airport being confronted with a pompus girl. Very disappointing for such a "classy" place.

Some of the staff were nice, but some not so.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Outside office hours, the junior trainee from the hotel...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Outside office hours, the junior trainee from the hotel management schools seem to be in charge, with no decision-making abilities. The room was cold as unheated and we had to ask for portable electrical radiators since they didn't propose when we complained, they just explained to us why it was cold (central heating not yet on) instead of finding a solution. That's what I would expect from a 2* hotel, not from this hotel. Overall not service oriented.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

A total rip - off. Eden Au Lac, never again!!
    • Superior Single Room with Lake View

For CHF 450, the place is a total rip off. The single rooms are MINUTE. And the bathrooms even tinier. Road traffic sounds can be heard very clearly thru the night, and the curtains barely fit the balcony doors, letting in ample light. Breakfast, barely decent. Many better ways to burn your money.

The view

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

great lake view close to the Bahnhofstrasse
    • Deluxe Single Room with Lake View

The sky bar is just a little terrace, not so cool as sounds in the brochure presentation. The airco system, although closed is still blowing cold air during the night -not comfortable.

The hotel stays on the sunny coast so after noon the lake view is amazing. The personnel was very nice and responsive. I asked for a heater and they promptly bring it to me in the middle of the night. Breakfast good. The tram line is behind the hotel so easy access to the center. Across the hotel is a little marina where you can rent pedal and motor boats. The main marina where the big boats are leaving and coming is 5 min walk. Its an old building with its charm.(comes with some inconveniences I guess, but it didn't bother me)

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

A team you could count on in emergencies
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Aside of what the hotel regularly offers, we have forgotten important documents at the hotel and the staff did their best to ensure we received the documents before our flight. This is highly appreciated and respected.

Convenient location by the lake, albeit noisy with the busy road right out front.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

The room was of a poor standard, and the bathroom equally disappointing.

Very rude staff

Very rude staff

Breakfast h.

Not enough drinking water

Breakfast h..good

lake view, lady bartender
    • Deluxe Single Room with Lake View

one in front desk staff.

lake view, lady bartender

Dissapointing

Demode Worst value for money ever

Excellent but discreet service

Excellent but discreet service

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

The hotel staff are excellent , friendly, helpful and very...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel staff are excellent , friendly, helpful and very professional We were very happy visiting this nice hotel

A view

A good rooms

A view

The location is amazing, and if you have a room with the...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

Breakfast could be better.

The location is amazing, and if you have a room with the view, extra money for the view is totally worth it!

Not had

Good service at reception, Nataliya ??
    • Superior Single Room

Good service at reception, Nataliya ?? Cake and fruit in the room was appreciated

World class small hotel

Lake Balcony and view lovely

Breakfast could use some improvements, especially the bread,...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

Breakfast could use some improvements, especially the bread, buns, etc.

Will not use this hotel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

Mosquitoes in room. Poor service in breakfast

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Away from the main area

Away from the main area

Very old hotel ,3 Star by us standard

Very old hotel ,3 Star by us standard

It is a great property and this was my 2nd stay with them.
    • Superior Single Room with Lake View

It is a great property and this was my 2nd stay with them. Great location and great view. Very warm a d helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Very clean and comfortable.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

Very clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Small Room and Hotell did not provide iron & board

Amazing people in Reception, specially Natalia and Carmen

Expensive Towels too rough

Amazing people in Reception, specially Natalia and Carmen

An almost great hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Hot water in the shower flowing irregularly, room service took way too long.

Great room with a fantastic view

Never stay in that hotel again.

Run down furniture, carpets, etc.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Nothing special but good location
    • Superior Single Room

No air conditioning rooms amenities not plentiful, list if your room faces the main road

Staff was friendly, boutique hotel facing the lake

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

No more normal keys.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

No more normal keys. Bed was no good

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Hotel was beautifully restored.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

Hotel was beautifully restored. Breakfast was very good. The staff was helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Poor breakfast, ate outside most days.
    • Superior Single Room with Lake View

No gym. Small rooms and beds. Only one, very flat pillow.

Poor breakfast, ate outside most days. Not worth the charge

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

its amazing hotel

location, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Fantastic Hotel with Warm and Helpful Staff
    • Junior Suite with Balcony and Lake View

Suite was wonderful with a beautiful view of the lake. Staff could not be more helpful and friendly. Would recommend this hotel

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Very good over All

Very good over All

Nice place to celebrate.
    • Superior Single Room with Lake View

For lake view rooms there is road noise as there is a busy road in front of the hotel.

Exceptional staff!

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Location is good.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

It's a very old hotel and the heat is not very powerful. We have to ask for two heaters to heat up.

Location is good. Right in front of the lake

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

the staff was very friendly.
    • Deluxe Single Room

the staff was very friendly. breakfast buffet is excellent

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Very expensive!!!!45 min walk from Bahnof!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Quiet far from the city centre Very very expensive compared to other city hotels with more facilities

The view was perfect

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

3* hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Awful the most expensive 3* hotel in my life.. never return back or advice.

Located near to the lake and each day to feed up swans there-priceless

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Night Manager was not available for a longer time.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Night Manager was not available for a longer time.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

They have parking

They have parking

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

No PTS was provided despite requesting only for 1 hour after...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

No PTS was provided despite requesting only for 1 hour after a late night check in.

3.5

Bed, staff and management

Very old

Nothing's

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

Hotel very old
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Lake View

Hotel needs immediate renovation .

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

Room size

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Good but really aging

Aging hotel

Excellent location, very courteous staff

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Nice hotel but also expensive
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Not booked lake view room for us

Nice location where it is easy to visit the lake. Nice view of the lake

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Langston booking reserve rene betel end dat. U

Logging kamer

On it matig

There are also 36 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Eden Au Lac traveller photo gallery