Reviews of Hotel Elite 3 stars

Neue Kantonsstrasse, 3929 Täsch, Switzerland

#12 of 15 hotels in Täsch

Friendly people and great location!
    • Double Room with Shower

Gentleman at check in was super friendly and made me feel very welcome. View from the room was great! Room was nice, clean and quiet. Bed and pillows were super comfy. Hotel was in a great location very close to the train up to Zermatt. I'd love to stay here again when I return, the weather didn't cooperate this time around.

Don’t EVER accept their breakfast offer!
    • Double Room with Shower

Their breakfast at 15 Swiss Francs is a rip-off for the disappointing minimalist quality of their spread! It’s not worth even one third of that price!

Great location in Tash. Greatest positive is the free locked garage facilities! Reasonable quality accommodation.

disappointed

The old man who in charge the hotel is only talking about money. I felt unfriendly when we not to have the breakfast and not taking there shuttle service. He is not a nice guys to help you. Hotel is very old. Carpark are very dark and not good for big car. For the traveller, I recommend you to stay at Zermatt or VISP rather than TASCH. Finally we decide to leave 1 day earlier, as we feel uncomfortable in the hotel.

nothing.

Don't think I will be staying there again.
    • Double Room with Bath

I don't know where to begin. The towels were extremely old and had holes in them. In terms of shower gel and shampoo, we got pouches. The television was in the form of an old computer monitor and the remote did not work at all. The pillows were too soft and just sank when resting your head on it.

Only the location.

Rude staff, poor facility, TERRIFYING parking structure, MASS bus drop off for other loud tenants
    • Double Room with Shower

The staff was rude and unaccomodating, the reviews online were obviously by employees, the parking structure and elevators were ancient and shut off leaving you in the dark underground within seconds of exciting your car. The rooms were extremely tiny and belonged in the 70’s with absolutely no up to date renovations.

Checkout was fast and simple

I would never recommend this hotel.
    • Double Room with Shower

unfriendly staff asking rudely to pay during our stay, a nagging old man (maybe the owner) always controlling and supervising us, made us feeling like thief. very noisy rooms, absence of sound isolation. very poor breakfast served on dirty tablecloths. quite expensive for what it offers.

very close to the train station the rooms were clean enough

Breakfast buffet was nice.
    • Double Room with Bath

Wellness available only from 5pm - 8pm and buying of slippers/bathrobe a must. Breakfast was not included.

Breakfast buffet was nice. Friendly staff.

The staff is extremely helpful, kind and flexible.

The staff is extremely helpful, kind and flexible. Great location, just 2 minutes from the shuttle train to Zermatt. Comfortable rooms. Great option for overnight stay during ski trips.

Don't stay in Täsch. Stay in Zermatt by all means!
    • Double Room with Shower

We don't appreciate the altitude coming from the lady at reception after we turned down her offer to have breakfast. She's obviously more enthusiastic (and is capable of being a nice person) in helping other guests. The shower head cannot be fixed at one position so you have to be very careful in using it. Here comes the most unpleasant part - the hotel said they provide shuttle bus service to Zermatt and did help us on the first day (paying by credit card), and on the morning we are checking out they insist taking cash only. We have to carry out heavy luggages and find an alternative. It's technically not the deadline for checking out yet but it feel like they don't treat us as guests anymore. Location - I would recommend anyone to stay Zermatt to avoid the inconvenience.

They upgraded our room to a bigger one. Appreciated that. You got a shared balcony outside which give you really nice views of the mountain. The room is spacious, modern and clean. The heater is strong.

Great value, great location.
    • Double Room with Shower

Friendly and helpful staff. Room was nice in the tradition of European lodging. Short walk to the train to Zermatt and Tasch is a lovely little village.

• Double Room with Shower

There was damp on the walls, the shower water was luke warm and most of the plug sockets did not work. I called to ask if we could be moved to a room with a bath for my son and they moved us but failed to inform us it would be another 100chf to pay. We were only informed this once we had moved and there was no option to move back as all the rooms had apparently been filled.

We loved staying in the town of Täsch, but would never book this hotel again.
    • Double Room with Shower

The receptionist who was working upon our check in was absoultely unprofessional. He argued with me about my reservation that was made months prior. I had requested two special accomendations months, and again weeks, prior to check in so that it would be a smooth check in when we arrived after a long day if traveling with a total of four children. I requested that our 2 children (6 months old and 3 years old) stay in the same room as myself and husband and our friends children (1 year old and 3 years) stay in their rooms. I also requested two baby cribs be placed in each room. These special requests were verified and approved two times upon arrival. I was argued with and treated poorly when mentioning these requests. He said they didnt not even have baby cribs to provide to us. He finally brought one up and said he would bring another one up for us. He never did and that left a family of 4 including a baby squeezed on the bed. Also, the pictures of the rooms that were provided in booking.com did not resemeble the actual rooms whatsoever. Sadly, my family and my friends were very dissapointed with our stay at Hotel Elite.

The location is perfect!

Good option cost/quality
    • Double Room with Shower

I forgot to say hello at arrival and that shocked the guy. Sorry I was on a hurry to catch the train to zermatt , but still, the communication was not so well then.

Good option cost/quality

• Double Room with Shower

They advertise having a hot tub and sauna, but it’s only open 5-8 and it’s an extra 10 euros per person and you must have a robe that you brought with you on you the trip or you can not enter. Also I left something in my room after I checked out. I’m went back to the property shortly after to get it, but the office was closed from 11-2 so I had to leave with out it. The rooms looked clean and the bed was comfortable but it smelled smoky and dirty

The location was really good, very close to Zermatt!

The staff at the hotel was really very helpful.
    • Double Room with Shower

The staff at the hotel was really very helpful. Our car got stuck in the driveway out of the garage due to heavy snow but the staff really went out of their way to help us get the car out. It took about 45 mins and a lot of effort to get the car out as the snow was really thick. I cannot thank them enough for their help.

Good for one night if you want to visit Zermatt on a lower budget.
    • Double Room with Shower

The breakfast was pretty dull. And there were only curtains outside the windows - combined with a shared balcony it doesn't feel very private at all.

Good location for going to visit Zermatt

I stayed in a double bed room.
    • Double Room with Shower

No food was allowed to eat inside the room. No water boiler and microwave was provided, also there was not many restaurants nearby. I may suggest to eat or buy some food from Zermatt as you will have more choices. The balcony area is not separated from that of the adjacent rooms!.

I stayed in a double bed room. The place was clean, and well organised. The bed was comfortable, and the room was pretty warm even in the winter. There was bath in the toilet, which was nice after the mountain trips. Overall was okay for the price, but I may choose to pay a bit more to stay in Zermatt rather in Täsch next time as I much love the atmosphere there.

Overpriced! Not friendly staff!
    • Double Room with Shower

NOT WORTH MONEY. No eating in the room. The staff was not friendly and tried to force us to buy their breakfast. The equipment in the toilet are old. The help desk closes before 9 pm. Slow WiFi. Much overpriced!

I will not recommend this place to travelers.

Disappointed
    • Double Room with Shower

The service. The guy from the hotel scream to us because according to him we took too much bread from the breakfast buffet which we paid on top of the price of the hotel. Terrible terrible service

Very disappointing stay In an outdated hotel.

The hotel is very dated and everything is done on the cheap. The hot water stopped working so we missed our evening shower. The wifi was very weak and slow and not working at all in the main building. After paying an additional 15 Swiss franks for breakfast we were very disappointed with a limited selection of food and the angry owner yelling at someone that they were eating too many croissants. Did not enjoy our

The location was walking distance to the train station and the mountains surrounding the hotel were stunning but every hotel would boast this view

The old man working there was very friendly and accomadating.

The hallways smelled like cat litter, and the place seemed to be outdated for the money they were charging.

The old man working there was very friendly and accomadating.

Hotel has its own underground parking for free and is...

Breakfast was not that nice. Trains pass right beyond the windows and are very loud. Light in the bathroom was very poor.

Hotel has its own underground parking for free and is located 2min walk from the station. Staff was super friendly and let me leave the car after the checkout on the parking.

Nice hotel
    • Double Room with Bath

Bed pillows were too soft and thin.

Nice, comfortable rooms with beautiful view of the mountains. The owner was quite helpful, giving us information and suggestions for the area. Hotel owns a shuttle bus to take you to Zermatt in case you don't want to use the train.

- quite large room

- many small details (motion sensors for lighting and doors do not work very good, aggressive water falling from the ceiling in the garage, ...) - generally a bit less or older equipment when compared with other hotel at the same place and in the same price level

- quite large room - locked underground parking

Location and personal was good
    • Double Room with Shower

Breakfast was to expensive for the quality that you get....maybe it make more sense to look around the hotel for the breakfast....

Location and personal was good

The worst hotel ever
    • Double Room with Shower

I can't believe that such an hotel got 3 stars. An hotel like this in Italy would be classified as Motel and would cost around 20-30 euro per night. A crumbling structure with a room having a sink close to the bad and and a bathroom 1X1 sqm. You should have been able to have a shower staying sit on the wc!!! A balcony in common with other three rooms. Dust everywhere. Pillows uncomfortable. A parking that seems the scene of a horror movie. Don't spend 1€ for this structure

Don't stay here: it was the WORST experience of our 35-day trip

Elevator doesn't go to the top floor. I had to drag my large bags up the stairs to my room in the attic. We had two rooms. We were put in another hotel next door (Walliser Hof). Each room has a grand total of ONE electrical outlet. It is nowhere near the bed. The single beds are very short, with mattress inside a wooden frame/box attached to the wall. If you move around at all when you sleep, you WILL hit the wall. It was a most uncomfortable night's "sleep". Information on the hotel website and clearly posted in the elevator stated that the restaurant in the hotel was open until 22.00 (9 PM). At check-in the man at the front desk confirmed this. However, when we walked into the restaurant at 9:20 PM, there was a woman behind the bar opening a bottle of wine with another lady, who very rudely informed us in German that the restaurant was closed. When I mentioned the website and the elevator signs etc., she said that meals had to be booked in advance, and that all the information we'd received was wrong. She was very abrupt, extremely unfriendly, and totally rude. We were forced to wander through this village (population 1,700) in a cold rainstorm to find anything to eat. When I mentioned this to that same man later, he just shrugged and said that, yes, the restaurant is closed. I could maybe get this if we didn't speak German, none of these people have that excuse. We spoke nothing German. Breakfast costs 15 Swiss francs per person, but as we were still hungry from the night before, we paid. Like everything else at this place, it was a complete waste of money. One tray of "mystery meat" (we live in Germany and we couldn't identify it), a few slices of bread, a little jam, and some heavily-watered-down orange juice. The table had been cleared for us but not cleaned: there were several slimy bits of who knows what.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

just to stay one night with no expectations than its perfect
    • Double Room with Shower

Old Building, bad breakfast, objectionable odor

I did like the staff, the room was ok too, free parking while staying overnight in Zermatt (added just 8 Euro extra)

3.5
    Most god awful place we've ever stayed in.
    • Double Room with Shower

Just when you thought it could' get any worse- it did! Greeted by abrupt rude owner. Demanded full payment on arrival. Yet again twin room was two heavy singles slammed together. Staff refused to separate them so we did it ourselves. Beds so hard it would have been softer on the floor. Asked if dinner was available to be told we could join the buffet set for 40 Chinese tourists. We were hungry so we said okay to a very awful cafeteria quality meal. Demanded payment there and then. At CHF29 each we nearly choked on our rice. Some people should just not be in the hospitality business.

Close to train for Zermatt

pleasantly surprised
    • Double Room with Bath

The hotel is right by the train station, so the location was convenient. The rooms were large and comfy, if a little old. The best part was the balcony facing a beautiful view of the mountains. I think that this place is an old school family run hotel, and thats the reason its ratings are low. People expect so much from a hotel these days.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

it was a nice stay, hotel is close to the train station, the bed was comfortable ~
    • Double Room with Shower

if you are going to Zermatt for ski/snowboard, i personally think that it's better to stay at Täsch, since the village at Zermatt is in fact very huge (you will need to take shuttle bus) and much more expensive this hotel is only ~5 mins walk to the Matterhorn Terminal & with the train you will arrive at the center of Zermatt the hotel room is clean & tidy, the comforter was very comfortable & warm ! unfortunately we were given the room on the ground floor & facing the other hotel building, otherwise it would be great to have a balcony to dry your clothing after ski/snowboard & to have a view to the mountain ... the host was very nice, thanks Judith for your kind hospitality, we will come back another time during summer to enjoy the mountain again :)

Nice, clean, minimal
    • Double Room with Shower

Language skills of the staff could have been a bit better. The reception was closed. during the day so we couldn't leave the car at he hotel. Breakfast was cold (omlette) and there were absolutely no vegetables.

Basement garage is huge for many cars. Very close to the Zermatt shuttle train terminal.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Budget trip to Zermatt
    • Double Room with Shower

Everything else costs extra (breakfast, spa, bathrobes). Staff was very rude when I offered to pay for the extra services by credit card, as I did not have cash.

Parking included. Rooms like in the photos.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Friendly, welcoming & comfortable hotel perfect for a long ski weekend.
    • Double Room with Shower

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful in providing information about the local area and advice on the best places to ski as we were only there for 1 weekend. The location is perfect for Zermatt, very easy walking distance from Täsch train station. Comfortable rooms with the basic amenities. We were not informed that we needed to tell staff prior to using the sauna for it to be turned on as it takes 40mins to heat...not a problem just be advised if you wish to use it to make sure you let them know enough in advance to be able to use this facility.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Bad Hotel.... in fact the Worst Hotel I have ever stayed in !!!!!!!
    • Double Room with Shower

This is probably the worst hotel experience I have ever had. 1. The pics on the website are misleading. The rooms are of very poor quality. 2. The wash basin is inside the bedroom (not even inside the bathroom). So basically when you was your face, there is a high chance that your bedroom gets wet. 3. The size of the bathroom is very very small, its about 5 sq meters. 4. There is no provision for a garbage bag in the dustbin provided which is inside the bedroom. If I have to dispose baby nappies, there are no options - I had to buy them from Coop. 5. The balcony is common to all rooms and it is not safe. The person living in the room next to mine can easily walk into my room through the balcony door. 6. No provision for any kettle for hot water 7. Very expensive for the poor quality. 8. The behaviour of the landlord is unacceptable. The last point was the most important. I have travelled to Switzerland 4 times in the last 3 years and the best part of Swiss is the behaviour and the warmth of the people here. Maybe thats not true - I dont know. The owner of Hotel Elite was rude, disrespectful, arrogant. I checked in for a 2 day stay and wanted to check out on day 2. The hotel policies were that if I cancelled then I would have to pay CHF120 for the second day. The hotel owner insisted that I have to pay the whole amount for the 2 days (irrespective of the policy as that was Booking.com's problem). when I refused, he parked his car in front of mine (fearing that I would escape in the middle of the night with a baby!!), treated me like a crook. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Nothing actually !! Yes - the location to the tasch train station is 100m which provides an easy access to Zermatt.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Staying Tasch -> Zermatt
    • Double Room with Shower

There was no WiFi in apartment house. WiFi was only at reception, and in my opinion this is a problem. I recommend to Hotel administration to put another WiFi router for guests in apartment house too.

Excellent location for going to Zermatt. Secure car park. Very friendly people on reception. I will definitely put this hotel in my favorites.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Very friendly staff, cut short her lunch break so we could...
    • Double Room with Shower

Wifi only worked in lobby building (closed after 8PM), although you could still get it from the shared balcony, but that meant working outside on a laptop in -5 degrees!

Very friendly staff, cut short her lunch break so we could check in earlier, comfortable rooms

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

When we complained the condition of the room the next...
    • Double Room with Shower

The mattress cover where we stayed on day 1 had stains on it. Also, the toilet faucet was not clean.

When we complained the condition of the room the next morning, the manager gave us a deluxe room without charges for day 2.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

reasonable
    • Double Room with Shower

Room a little small, wash basin inside the bedroom instead of bathroom, no hook for clothes or shower nozzle, no TV channel in French and only 1 in English, breakfast pretty basic. Nothing really bad or serious, just makes the place plain and average.

Good location, clean but simple, would be better if the spa area was open, car parked in garage while going to Zermatt.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Seen better times
    • Double Room with Shower

Very smelly rooms. They were clean but quite old furniture that made you hold your breath when entering. Close to busy train station, avoid room facing street. Overpriced breakfast that is very basic. Would find a place in Zermatt if going back to the area.

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

Small room in an annex of the hotel;
    • Double Room with Shower

Small room in an annex of the hotel; moisture, damp smell of dung in the room; very small bathroom; mirror above the toilet; Quality-price ratio disastrous. Lack of courtesy from staff. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Value for money if going to the Matterhorn

Room was full of flies. Rumble from trains was disturbing. Powerpoints not suitable for some adapters and in strange, useless locations. Lift did not go to top floor. All small issues, and acceptable when considering other hotels in the area.

Parking included in price, and in secure location. Location, location, location....shuttle straight to Zermatt, cheaper than train. Hotel also offers discounted tickets to Matterhorn glacial wonderland.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Good location, nice little town.
    • Double Room with Shower

Pushy customer service on checkout, claiming that as a businessman he knows best etc when I wanted to pay in the local currency rather than my own

Good location, nice little town. Easy access to station and Zermatt.

Good location for local hiking
    • Double Room with Shower

Pillows, coffee could be stronger

Good location for local hiking

Too smell in the room.

Too smell in the room.

Absolutely Must Stay Here
    • Double Room with Shower

The staff, the location, the room, the view Absolutely Everything. We liked so much we stayed 3 more nights

Towers are old and tear

a bad place to stay if you plan to ski

breakfast was very poor quality, very expensive, and served far too late to reach the ski resort at a reasonable hour.

location is convenient.

Overall had a good stay. Excellent location, and clean room. Staff were very friendly.
    • Double Room with Shower

Selection of food at breakfast.

Location and room heating.

Average
    • Double Room with Shower

Was given a smokers room

Close to train station
    • Double Room with Bath

Facilities are basic Room decor makes the room look dirty

Close to train station

Good hotel
    • Double Room with Shower

Fair price and good location

Booked for brother as close to station in order to access...

Staff on arrival were surly - overall feeling not positive

Booked for brother as close to station in order to access Zermatt

Nothing at all.
    • Double Room with Shower

The worst hotel experience in my 46 years of life.... The owner is a cheater, rude an unmannerly. Everything is bad.

Nothing at all...

close to Zermat but cheeper therefore no big expectatons

altmodisch und bathroom state is ruin

Out side is beautiful

Out side is beautiful

Comfortable

Slow wifi

Comfortable

Comfortable and well located, highly recommended.
    • Double Room with Shower

The staff is very friendly and the rooms are clean and have stunning views.

Underground garage for free, near the train station,...
    • Double Room with Shower

Underground garage for free, near the train station, comfortable rooms

Mountain views + Weather is very nice
    • Double Room with Shower

The hotel is near the train station Tasch and has mountain views. Cool weather is a relaxing place.

• Double Room with Shower

Just good for an overnight. Not very spacious. But did the job.

Great place to stay

Locatio

Views from balcony

Nice place
    • Double Room with Shower

Near the train station. Heard the train all night

Near the train station

Friendly

Friendly

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Location was great.

Bed was itchy and pillow was awful.

Location was great. Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

• Double Room with Shower

The owner/receptionist was a real mean person, very disrespectful and insulting person. Don't go !!

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

all. the hotel is close to train station.
    • Double Room with Shower

breakfast is overprice (15 chf)

all. the hotel is close to train station. the room was big clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Reasonable stay for very good price / service ratio

No significant problems

Privacy, wellness facilities, simple check-in / check-out, cleanness

The staff, and how flexible they were.

The staff, and how flexible they were. They seemed mad at all times, and didn't help us in anyway.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Third week of September.
    • Double Room with Shower

Third week of September.One might expect room heating to function to keep room temperature at reasonable level.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Location,breakfast good for traveler

Space is limited.

Location,breakfast good for traveler

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

The staff was well versed and extra responsive to any...
    • Double Room with Shower

There are not more hotels of equal value in Switzerland.

The staff was well versed and extra responsive to any request.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016