Reviews of Hilton Zurich Airport 4 stars

Hohenbuehlstrasse 10, 8152 Opfikon, Switzerland

#2 of 3 hotels in Opfikon

The beds were heavenly--even the pullout sofa bed was...
    • Family Room

Of course it's a little expensive (and the breakfast is VERY expensive--would have been 60 cf for 1 adult and 3 children).

The beds were heavenly--even the pullout sofa bed was comfortable and sturdy enough for an adult! The staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

Overall a very good experience

Nothing really, all good

Hotel is close to the airport and has a pick up service, very good restaurant and served good breakfast, staff are very courteous and helpful. Room size is good and very comfortable

I recommend looking elsewhere.
    • Queen Hilton Guestroom

Front desk assistants and restaurant manager were unprofessionally rude. I am a native English speaker and do not speak German I wondered if this was the reason, because it seemed they were much nicer to German-speaking guests.

Room was good.

A bad day turned right around.
    • Queen Hilton Guestroom

After missing my flight and getting stranded, the staff made my night so much better by making me a pizza at the bar and packing it for me so I could eat it in my room. They were lovely and made me feel less awful about being stranded.

Facilities was not well designed- for example, the wire of...
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

Facilities was not well designed- for example, the wire of the hair dryer was too long. It is hard to keep the bathroom dry (very wet after you showered)

Disappointed
    • Family Room

Our stay at this Hotel was not great. We reached hotel at 2:00 pm with small kids and we were told to wait for an hour more as the room was not ready ,when the checkin time is 2:00pm and check out is 12:00 room should be made by that time.later we were told that they have upgraded our room from junior suite room which we had booked but this upgraded room was not at all good and it was not maintained properly also . overall disappointed with our stay.surely not going to stay here next time.

Sad airport hotel
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

I understand airport hotels “have to” be grey and sad, but this was the worst of all I tried so far. The hallways are dark, rooms are not functional for working (no usb ecc). Upon check-in the very stressed up guy at reception was very rude with a waitress who was asking him something. He pointed at me saying something like “don’t you see I’m working”, I felt it was a very unprofessional and depressing scene. Once in the room I was hungry (flight canceled and no food) so I looked for a room service menu: no room service. Ok. I head down to the restaurant. Although the restaurant was not full at all, the maitre d’ doesn’t even see me (or I had the impression he had seen me but continued to do his business). He let me stand there for minutes. The menu is the most boring I have ever seen: a couple of burgers and grilled items. I ordered a burger which was tasteless, badly cooked and overpriced (I live in Switzerland so I know what I am talking about). A very bad evening. Best thing was the shuttle to get away from this place the next day.

Some of the staff where stille quite nice, especially one waitress, free shuttle to the airport

Close and convenient to the Zurich Airport offering free...

Having to pay €5 each for shuttle from hotel to airport

Close and convenient to the Zurich Airport offering free shuttle from the airport and free wifi in the shuttle. Clean and comfortable hotel. Was given free upgrade to executive suite which allowed us to receive the executive breakfast which was very good. Breakfast included eggs, bacon, bread, yogurt, cereal, honeycomb, fresh fruit and assorted drinks.

Stay here if you need to fly out. Otherwise avoid.
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

Terrible hotel with a terrible atmosphere. Slow service in the restaurant and impolite staff overall. Would only use this hotel for early flights or a lay-over.

Location near the airport

Upgrade was not worth it! All receptionists but one, were unfriendly.
    • Queen Hilton Guestroom

Breakfast in Executive lounge was very limited... fruit bowl and muffins were good, eggs were not great and bacon was salty... Food options were extremely limited.... No complimentary water in the room.

The hotel was clean.

A Comfortable One Night Stay

Shortage of Staff sometimes. Unlike the Check IN time, there was no porter to help us take our baggage from rooms at Check-Out, however, the female reseptionost offered to bring a big baggage trolley. This was frustrating, considering that we are a family travelling with many baggage, baby strollers and a wheelchair, however, I belive it is the norm since I observed the same thing on many hotels in Europe. This is something we are not used to in Dubai, where the cheapest hotel will still offer guests free valet parking and porter services and all other facilities.

The staff were very helpful, specially the receptionist. She offered us a room upgrade and even walked me through the rooms I booked and the proposed one to decide. Finally I chose to upgrade with only 100 CHF. Breakfast was good. The rooms were super clean and the extra beds for children were arranged as I requested through Booking. After a 7hrs flight from Dubai, we really appreciated the hotel location (5 min drive from Zurich Hotel). We spotted Emirates Airlines' hospitality crew also staying at same hotel. All in all, I recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Zurich.

Nice airport location with good shuttle service.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Bed and pillows are not as comfortable as a typical Hilton property. Parking and meals are a bit too highly priced.

Nice airport location with good shuttle service. On site amenities such as fitness center, restaurant and ample parking.

• Twin Hilton Guestroom

Hours that breakfast is offered. A few customers have to take the shuttle early maybe at 5 am. I payed the cost of it.... And I couldn't take breakfast baceuse I left the hotel at 5.30 am

Location. Beautiful. Comfortable.

Restaurant is awful: steaks meat is terrible, same is...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Restaurant is awful: steaks meat is terrible, same is chicken. We've tried many of dishes during our 4 days stay: some are mediocre, whereas some are just terrible. Waiters are polite and helpful but forget a lot.

never again
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Small room with old carpet, very muggy air, window can't be opened = no fresh air (hard to breath), old-fashioned air-conditioning (better to turn it off), dark old-fashioned rooms & floors. Not all ok for that prize and not at all according to photos on internet.

Great stay in Hilton.
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

On the first day of arrival in a cold winter night, we were pleased to see the hotel shuttle bus. There was a small crowd in the waiting area, however the driver was not inside the van. We decided to wait and took pictures, (Standing beside the van and smile brightly) After the few mins of wait, the driver came, he opened the door hopped on and drove off without us.The small crowd must be thinking why these two jokers took pictures with the Hilton shuttle bus but did not board the bus. We were stunned, then we realized the small crowd aren't waiting for the Hilton shuttle bus, and the driver will never ask who is going to Hilton. We have to open the door and signal to the driver. ( In Hong Kong, the hotel shuttle bus drivers will ask the crowd, then permit the passengers to board the bus...) We thought it was rude to open the door without the driver, in the end we waited for 20mins for the other shuttle bus.

Near to the train Kloten station, ard 5-10mins walk. ( If you take the train from Zurich HB, you will wait at the platform 41/42) The hotel provides free shuttle bus from the airport, however 5 Swiss franc per person is needed if you want to go back to the airport. ( With the payment of 5 Swiss franc you can take the shuttle bus as many times as you want for the entire stay to the airport and from there, take the train to visit other places) We were delighted to receive a free drink voucher on Xmas eve, choice of ordering a glass of wine/beer or soft drinks in the hotel bar. There is a convenience stall within 3 mins of walk, you can get fresh fruits meat and veggies.( You can make your own sandwich/salad) The room is just like advertise. However, the sink was a bit choke, so I poured boiling water to de clog the sink. I am going Switzerland in June for holiday again, will definitely be staying in Hilton again.

Fantastic!
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

Maybe an option for vegetarian sausage would have been nice.

I loved the variety of Swiss cheeses , pastries , stewed fruits and yoghurts for breakfast!! The cooked breakfast was very nice too.

It was exceptional.
    • Queen Hilton Guestroom

I did not like that I had to pay for the airport shuttle. Every Hilton I have stayed at in the USA has always offered that as a complimentary service to hotel guest.

Extremely helpful. I had an credit card challenge and they took the time to correct it. I could not be more grateful.

Workshop in Zurich
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

The price for the room and for the breakfast is quite high.

The room is very big and clean. The bed is confortable and the bathroom is clean and well stocked. Breakfast is very very rich is a lot of choices, both cold dishes and hot dishes (also prepared at the moment). The position is confortable for those who need to work in the area. To get to the center of Zurich it is necessary to go back to the airport and take the tram or the train to reach Zurich HB. There is the chance of a hotel shuttle to go to the Airport.

there are many other options around the airport
    • Queen Hilton Guestroom

Minibar was not working, Air conditioning was working bad, safe was not working, people from front desk simply don´t care.

In general the hotel used to be much better

The stay at the hotel was fine except for the ticket each time you rode the shuttle.
    • Queen Hilton Guestroom

We were surprised once we arrived at the property from our flight and then had to return to the airport to meet a friend were told we had to have a ticket to ride the shuttle. We had to go back inside the hotel to get a ticket. I was asked when checking in if we intended to use the shuttle but it was not explained there would be a fee to use it. We found this strange. There was a 5 Swiss franc for the use of the shuttle. We stayed recently at another property in the Zurich airport area just the week before and did not have to pay or have a ticket which was annoying especially having to get off the bus to return to the reception desk to get a ticket. I think from what I observed the other passengers were annoyed having to return to thefront desk to get a ticket. It really did not make sense. I thinkthere has to be a better way as I do not think people having to catch flights or have meetings at the airport will appreciate this feature.

The bed was very comfortable. The lighting was fine. We did have one bedside lamp needing a new bulb. The maintenance man appeared almost immediately to exchange the light bulb and exchanged both bedside lamp bulbs. He said it was better to replace both since usually they both would go out about the same time. He was very curtious.

ZRH trip
    • Queen Hilton Guestroom

Very nice classic hotel. All in Hilton high standard. Shuttle bus can be easy find in the airport. ATM machine inside the hotel. Good gym and 2 sauna - hot and wet.

• King Relaxation Suite with Executive Lounge Access

Noise only

Lot of noise , we hear the noise from every where , airplane , next room , but Fantastic hotel , amazing 75m room, breakfast great , service great , location near to airport , but airport shuttle is not free , we have been here in hilton zurich last 3 years ago the shuttle was free but today not , from 0-10 =9

The executive lounge was very nice and well stocked for...
    • Family Room

The shuttle to airport did not leave guests at the departure terminal because driver did not want to stop twice so driver left us at the arrivals terminal where he was picking up arriving guests. I think the ease/comfort of our transport should have been more important than the convenience of the driver.

The executive lounge was very nice and well stocked for happy hour. The restaurant was overpriced with not enough lower priced options.

Not worth the driver from the airport for an overnight transfer.
    • Queen Hilton Guestroom

The staff at the reception was very unfriendly and impolite. Did not have anybody to take our bags to the room or to bring them down. Even though I had already paid for the transfers to the airport at the time of my booking , he still charged me.

It was clean and the linen was very nice.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

OK for a one night stand
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

CHF 40 hamburger is an insult. Expensive restaurant Only one choice for dining Isolated location. Very expensive or cumbersome to get to Zurich downtown

Staff always good. Sauna and fitness room. Location close to airport Water in the room Wi-fi worked well

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

Location, shuttle service to Zürich airport.
    • Family Room

The girl at front desk charged my card twice( the precharge at check in), my girlfriend paid at check out with her card. I hope to get all my money back from those two charges. Also, the same girl, refused to speak in german to my girlfriend who is a swiss national. We felt that racist.

Location, shuttle service to Zürich airport.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Comfortable stay!
    • Family Room

There is no choice of water, they gave only carbonised water wherein we have requested for natural water which was not replaced.

Our stay was great! The junior suite was comfortable,check in and check out was smooth esp Ms.Tiana was very friendly! Shuttle service! We would choose this hotel again!

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

I unfortunately left a new Michael Kors quilted jacket and a sweater in the closet but it was not fo
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

The restaurant was O.K. The waitress was very friendly but the food was not very good. It was not the Swiss quality one is used to.

Did not have breakfast due to early flight departure.

Final touches not completed at this hotel!
    • Queen Hilton Guestroom

See what we did like I combined them with likes

We enjoyed the building but felt the front desk could have been more informative. I booked three nights online and when locked out of my room after two I was told I should have booked 4 days to stay 3 nights. No one told us we required to have a ticket for the shuttle bus so I have to run back in. When paying I was told I had high speed internet and there was an additional charge. I was never told there were two internets to chose from. The waitresses would visit with each other and clean their station at the bar while we sat and waited until was asked for service. I wondered what they thought we were doing sitting on their bar stools. We stayed two nights in August and 3 in September using the bar and food services and not once were asked if we wanted a second drink or coffee, that amazed both of us. We liked the hotel being close to the airport, my husband like the sauna. Food was good. Bell man was terrific. None of these were huge but I am sure you want feed back to improve. A little training would make you more money.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Airport Hilton dissapoints, other than location and cleaningness
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

1. Minibar was locked and they couldn't unlock until the next day 2. Noise isolation is terrible... Heard airplanes very loud; compared to Radinson Blu Airport - didn't hear any!!! 3. No laundry service Saturday / Sunday 4. Food/Restaurant way overpriced

- Some staff were very friendly, but some are not at all helpful - Location near airport okay as we needed to fly off from there - free parking a plus

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

The room was great, and SUPER close to the airport.
    • Queen Hilton Guestroom

Check in took FOREVER!!!!! Room was nothing special - but the location made up for it.

The room was great, and SUPER close to the airport. City center (HB Zurich) is easy to access via hotel shuttle to airport train.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

The staff has been absolutely excellent.
    • Queen Hilton Guestroom

Bathroom was a bit small.

The staff has been absolutely excellent. Even room service went out of its way and provided a meal that was not on the menu. The restaurant is good as well. Rooms are a good size, quite and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Nice stay, but expect to pay!
    • Queen Hilton Guestroom

Super expensive. You must pay to park, pay for wifi, pay for breakfast, pay for shuttle to airport. And the restaurant in the lobby, although it's convenient, 33$ for a hamburger is a bit crazy!

Clean abd staff was knowledgeable.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Near Zurich Airport
    • Queen Hilton Guestroom

The parking is costly for whole night 24CHF. Try to find fuel station outside the city because there is none I find nearby.

The location close to the airport. The room was clean and spacious.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Substandard
    • King Relaxation Room with Executive Lounge Access

Executive lounge is a joke. Went there twice on 2 consecutive days shortly before or after 6pm to grab a bite. First visit: place incredibly filthy - abandoned trays, things laying on the floor, etc. Second visit: nothing to eat and about 15 people waiting for something to happen. It didn't. We left after 30 minutes. Next morning when checking out, I am asked if everything is ok (after I paid). I answered that they should know. Overall service is substandard, and they should really do something about cleanliness of public parts (front door tables and ashtrays for instance).

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Excellent hotel but little bit expensive.
    • Family Room

Staff are not always available. I had to get my luggage myself. The showed me the trolley and I had broughtmy luggage from the car.

The hotel is great. I had a sweet. IT is big with 2 bathroom. It acomodate 3 extra beds and a baby creb. The room and the hotel are very clean. Big lobby like a 5 star hotel. The breakfast is superb. I had access to the executive lunge which was great. You can have breakfast or snacks. It opens up to 11:00pm. Location is great if you are planning to rent a car and go around swetzerland. You can park with A fee.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Rooms were generous, included a nice breakfast and evening...
    • Family Room

Hallway to room smelled like smoke, tho think facility is non-smoking. Windows in rooms were inoperable, prefer fresh air.

Rooms were generous, included a nice breakfast and evening cocktails. Very nice location to walking trails around lovely farm.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Convenient functional hotel at a very reasonable price
    • Queen Hilton Guestroom

For an airport hotel, they should have shuttles available from as early as the guests need to catch their flight. First shuttle was at 5:30 which was too late for our 6:20 flight

Helpful staff and good location.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Freindly staff, supporting, very good location near the airport.

good location

good location comfortable

Breakfast.
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

Breakfast. I think so as an Airport hotel they have to serve breakfast also early at the morning.

excellent hotel
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

Always a great hotel and great breakfast. Have stayed here a few times.

Good one near airport

Infrastructure, facilities and Rooms

When someone orders a burger, it should not be a frozen...
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

When someone orders a burger, it should not be a frozen patty. Otherwise, good.

Very friendly staff.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Noisy AC in all rooms that just can’t be turned off so will keep you awake all night.

Very friendly staff.

Excellent location both for city and airport
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Located a few minutes from Zurich airport. Clean, modern, friendly- excellent!

A good hotel. Better than most but for the price - your expectation will be higher.
    • Queen Hilton Guestroom

Hilton-Munich(Airport) is several steps higher in terms of Room and Resto

The resto and probably the fact that its hilton

Nice place with a lovely lounge
    • Family Room

It could be a bit cleaner as we expect it with kids

Lounge access and the view outside 👌🏽

Food and alcohol quite expensive

Food and alcohol quite expensive

Nice stay
    • Queen Hilton Guestroom

Nice property, close to the airport

nice place to stay if you've bussines around the area
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

Fitness room & sauna, very clean and confortable

Very good.

Very good.

Perfect hotel for transit.

Big room.

Comfort hotel far from the city but very good value for...
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

Comfort hotel far from the city but very good value for money on this unbelievable expensive country

Helpful staff.

Helpful staff. Quiet room

Excellent !
    • Family Room

very convenient from airport. Shuttle available. very comfortable stay . Breakfast is very good .

A perfect stay for an early morning flight
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

The reception staff were excellent, very helpful.

The hotel was fairly basic for a Hilton and run down!
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

The hotel was fairly basic for a Hilton and run down!

very impressive
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

front desk was extremely helpfull and understanding.the typical hilton style Tian and her members were extra ordinary

brunch 4two persons=130chf? I paid for room cheaper than 4...
    • Queen Hilton Guestroom

brunch 4two persons=130chf? I paid for room cheaper than 4 brunch, and it was not a joke.

It was ok. But wouldn’t come back
    • Queen Hilton Guestroom

The staff seemed stressed. The food served didn’t seem to be of high quality

Well equipped fitness room!

better

staff,recepction room price

Food

Food

Years have past over this building and over the fame of the...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Years have past over this building and over the fame of the name Hilton, I guess.

EXCELLENT

NOTHING

EVERYTHING

Friendless
    • Executive Queen Room with Executive Lounge Access

The bathroom area was too small compared with other hilton hotels.

We were impressed by the staff friendliness. The snacks in the lounge were good.

Very expensive for what you got.
    • Queen Hilton Guestroom

Food and drinks were out of line

Very expensive for what you got.

Excellent hotel, would recommend to anyone

Nothing much

Ambience, cleanliness

Good hotel, good rooms, great location near airport, free shuttle,
    • Queen Hilton Guestroom

Parking is very expensive at 29 euros per night.....

Near to Airport n city rail network
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

No swimming pool, no bum shower in whole Europe

The jogging track n nearby town

would not stay again
    • Queen Hilton Guestroom

cost of food; cost of drinking water; ridiculous

Vey small bathroom adequate room bed shocking
    • Twin Hilton Guestroom

Not much bathroom tiny nowhere to walk around in the area

Very convenient

Great and friendly staff

very good

rooms not ready upon arrival at 2 pm

location very near airport and shuttle service very convenient

Browse Hilton Zurich Airport traveller photo gallery