Reviews of Hotel Eden 3 stars

135, rue de Lausanne, Paquis, 1202 Geneva, Switzerland

#21 of 95 hotels in Geneva

V.Good hotel

I didn't like nothing, a very thing good.

I like the location of the hotel ,and also I like how the staff look to the requirements of family's, and there understanding of other cultures and people requirement especially the staff how are working at breakfast restaurant.

It was a in a great location
    • Classic Family Room

We had booked a "family" room online. It was only my husband and I but the rate that was quoted online was good and we thought the extra space might be nice. When we arrived they gave us one small room because it was only the 2 of us and told us the price they quoted us was a "mistake" They did nothing to make up for this.

It was a in a great location

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Smooth stay, supportive, friendly staff.

Variety at breakfast somewhat limited, although what was served was good.

I was pleased that the hotel restaurant was available, although I didn't utilize it this trip. For me the proximity to WMO is the key asset. Nice being close to the lake and park, but this means few restaurants or stores nearby.

Great location. Even better people

Rooms could have been little bigger and the restaurant closing time little later. And no food on weekends... little weird

The friendly attitude of the people especially the front office was really refreshing.

Never again

Staff and the fact I found empty beer bottle in the fridge. I didn't like the receptionist and the fact I found a empty beer bottle (filled with water) in my room. I insist to pay for it and receptionist said is fine not to pay. I am pretty sure I marked everything that I had to pay to find out a month later that they charged my company card - creating some accountancy troubles to the company I work in. For sure last time I will choose this hotel. If there are other options, go for it.

Clean & quite location not bad

My reservation wasn’t the same as the photo on booking balcony was so small 1mx60cm around this space, hard to find parking .

Clean & quite location not bad

Jewel in Geneva!

This was a 3 star hotel with the quality of a 4 star hotel! the rooms are nice and clean, the location is perfect, just in front of the main park in geneva, 2 mins away from a bus station which takes you to the central station in just a few mins. we loved the place and we will surely come back!

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

A nice place to stay

It is a little out of town but the free public transport pass makes travelling about easy and the park over the road lets you walk along the lake into the city in about 15 minutes.

Second visit to this hotel which is small and comfortable with friendly staff. Rooms are quiet with good amenities such as coffee maker and toiletries. Nice self service breakfast.

Everything was great

There is nothing I didn’t like.

Very good breakfast. Very helpful staff. Perfect location. The room was great and the bed very comfortable with extra pillows. Tv channels for all languages. Wi fi device which you can rent and have WiFi everywhere with less than 5 francs per day. Cleaning everyday. Public transportation very close and frequent.

Breakfast was excellent.

Security system was cumbersome with two locks to unlock to open your room.

Breakfast was excellent. Fresh, tasty and wholesome. Room was very clean. Location was excellent, near the lake as well as public transportation.

Nice little hotel within a reasonable distance to all landmarks. Free transport provided for stay.

Room could have been larger, but wasn't a major issue. No hot food option at breakfast (apart from eggs & toast). Coffee machine didn't work in the room and what was/wasnt free from the minibar was confusing as we were charged for a coffee from the machine.

The breakfast was good. The room was clean and the staff were very polite/helpful. Getting the Free Transportation card was good as we could get to the centre in 10 minutes roughly. Bed was comfortable.

Last night of a Birthday week.

No bar to have a quick night cap after 10 o’clock on a Saturday night.

Great location for easy walking to the city, and easy driving to the airport. Very clean hotel and very good breakfast.

Second visit and comfirmed my first impresssions.

Only one lift. A bit of a walk to the centre of Geneva (about 20 minutes) but it is a pleasant stroll along the bank of the lake

A lovely small hotel near the international organisations district in Geneva. Nice quite rooms with comfortable beds and en suite bathrooms. Good WiFi throughout the hotel. Nice though limited breakfast. Nice and helpful staff.

The breakfest was a great plus.

The room was rather small and a bathroom very close to the head side of the bed.

The breakfest was a great plus. King size bed was very comfy and really XXL. The staff - YES!!!

Good value near central Geneva

We lucked into free parking by staying on a Sunday, otherwise coming by car might have been difficult.

Location near the lake, not very central but easily reachable by public transport. The room was fairly small but clean and comfortable, the sofa bed was very easy to operate and the bathroom was spotless. Good breakfast. The staff at reception were exceedingly hospitable, giving helpful tips regarding transit disruptions that day, keeping our luggage and even offering us coffee when we went back to pick it up, long after we had checked out: thank you, it was much appreciated!

Would definitely recommend to anyone coming for UN related business.

WiFi in my second room (#101) was a bit spotty, but I was only there for one night. Howver, wifi in my first room (#508) was excellent!

I asked to switch rooms from the fifth floor to a quieter room not so close to the a/c unit on the roof. Staff quickly complied and gave me an excellent replacement room. Very helpful, accommodating and friendly! Loved the location next to the lake and close the United Nations.

Friendly hotel but dinner disappointing

Dinner, Very disappointing execution of menu, menu not very adventurous (though not very expensive either in its defence!!) Evening restaurant staff friendly but not very knowledgeable.

Friendly service, helpful staff and very clean

Return Visitor - Lovely Hotel near Lake

Not a major complaint but b’fast at peak time was challenging: getting a table, buffet a bit empty (but servers moving to refill), not clear you could order egg dishes from kitchen. I have been to this hotel a few times and this happens during peak period for business travellers. If you can avoid this time or plan a bit of extra time, no problem.

Had room 603 which has balconies (yes, multiple) which has a side view on Lake Geneva. Staff are friendly and very efficient. Hotel lobby has a lounge area which is nice for tea. Charming place.

Perfect for the short visit!

at the end of the bed good wifi... near the pillow.... terrible!!!

all very agreeable... staff excellent. Location ideal for the Theatre des Nations....calm and nice view over the park.

We had a great stay and really liked Hotel Eden and its location.

The beds could have been a little softer but this is more of a preference.

We had two rooms. They were separate rooms each with lock and key but they were accessible behind one additional door from the hallway that locked with either key. This allowed us to use the rooms like an adjoining suite.

The name says it's all

The rooms are clean and cozy. The restaurant on the ground floor offers a number of tasty food for a very reasonable price. The staff is very friendly and always eager to help, both with hotel-related questions and anything you would want for a pleasant stay. The location, only 30 minutes away from the old center by foot next to the beautiful scenery of the Lac Leman and right next to several fascinating parks, makes it perfect for long relaxing strolls. Take the boat or bus and you will be there in minutes! The city itself is very small and relaxing, ideal for a break from big cities rush. A lot of squares, quite places, authentic restaurants and shops boosts this feeling even more. I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone who is after the atmosphere of calmness, the feel of the early 20 century masterfully integrated into the latest trends of the 21st

A short and unexpected stay due to flight cancellation, but comfortable and well looked after

It would have been nice to have had the option for a cooked breakfast, which seemingly was not available.

The room was spacious and clean. Staff helpful.

Thank you - I always love staying at the Eden Hotel, and look forward to my next visit.

People in the next room so noisy for ages the first night :(

The staff are particularly lovely - very considerate. They are ready to help if you need anything, and they remembered my dietary needs from one visit to another, and always had gluten free rolls ready for me!!! So kind. Thank you.

The location was very good.

The service of the rooms weren’t on standard. The coffee was replenished every day but I had to find my own sugar and milk. I eventually bought my own. For the price it is a sure letdown.

The location was very good. Right on the bus route as well. Close to the UN.

I enjoyed it. Perfect for a business trip.

Was easy to hear thru the walls. Not a big deal as my neighbors were quiet.

Bed was very comfortable, room was easy to control temperature, staff was very friendly and spoke English very well. I'd love to return.

Will definitely be back - thank you!

No food on a Sunday evening

Really helpful staff. I have health issues and one member of staff always made sure I had my gluten free bread, even without me asking for it. She'd remembered from my last visit! Reception printed my boarding pass and arranged a taxi for me and looked after my luggage while I was away at business meetings all day on the day I checked out. Made my day very easy.

It was good

The loud noise of the vehicles, Tramp which comes directly into the rooms beside the main busy road which interferes with one's sleep. I would recommend if the windows could be made sound proof for more convenience to all the hotel users including its own personnel.

The neatness of the hotel ,the excellent ,well balanced diet breakfast and the business center.

Clean, quiet and friendly.

Poor restaurant for other meals than breakfast (tasty just very few options), slow door closer (annoying when leaving in a hurry, but no door slamming), few sockets, no water glass just an espresso cup (tap water is drinkable), small elevator (luckly with windows).

Great breakfast, very clean room and bathroom, polite and helpful staff, comfortable bed, quiet neighbourhood, balcony with chairs and a table, coffee machine, the lake nearby, close to a small train station (5 min on foot) with only one train stopping, but it takes you to the main train station, next to Biotech building, ironing room on the 3rd floor, detailed list of the facilities the hotel provides (and they can get you anything), small coupon book, free card for public transport, free small city guide, air condition and a heater, good hairdryer, big closet with a decent number of hangers.

I am happy with the choice I made considering I really had no idea before getting there. Good value

Our room was next to a utility room and was noisy at some time.

It is a nice little hotel and extremely convenient to the lake, botanical gardens town and the airports.

I will add Eden hotel to my favorit addresses in Geneva

nothing to complain really

Very positive experience- spacious and very clean room with tea and coffee facitities. Good quality food and coffee for breakfast. Really helpful staff inthe reception. Good Wi Fi

Nice, cozy and pleasant

I wouldnt say disliked but there are no restaurants near by in case the hotel restaurant is closed (it was during our stay in August). There is a chinese restaurant across the street but no thanks :) Still, with the bus 2-3 stops towards the city center you can find lots of restaurants and supermarkets if you want.

The hotel is an old building having a cozy feeling but with all the modern facilities (AC, WiFi, etc). The room had a double bed, a small desk and a TV more than we need for a city break, our room had a small balcony too (reason i chose this location in the first place). Its close to a bus station, a big park and UN HQ is at a 10 min walk distance. The hotel provided us with a public transport pass while we stayed in Geneva.

The staff was very nice and the breakfast was excellent.

We were woken every morning by trucks unloading at 5:30 to 6 o'clock am. We also were kept awake in the evening by people on the street who seemed to be coming out of a bar and were quite loud.

The staff was very nice and the breakfast was excellent. The room was a good value and it was in a nice location

Great stay

Great location, ten minutes walk to the lake, had a lovely swim in front of Le Reposoir restaurant, and a lovely meal afterwards with great service. I would highly recommend the Hotel Eden, the staff were lovely and so helpful, great guides to Geneva. It is in a quite area but frequent free buses to the center, a bus pass was part of the deal with the hotel. The room with a veranda, had air conditioning, was small but so comfortable, so clean and air conditioned. Many thanks to the staff

perfect location.

Receptionists are good, but not that friendly.

good breakfast. extremely convenient to get to the WTO, or the bus station. restaurant waitress is the best.

Great hotel!

Room key had to be left behind the front desk where all you had to do to get it was give your room number.

Recently refurbished. Very clean and staff were excellent. Breakfast and dining area was really clean and had a good choice. Situated next to botanic gardens and various parks to walk though on the way into Geneva.

Very clean room with recently renovated and fully modernized...

There isn't a lot to dislike here. The layout of the building is a bit unusual and it is an older (although very well-maintained) building. For some this may just add to the charm.

Very clean room with recently renovated and fully modernized bathroom and shower. No bathtub, but the shower stall was large and modern.The elements of the free continental breakfast were of excellent quality - cheese, cold cuts, bread, croissants, honey, jam, hard boiled eggs, fruit salad. Staff were friendly and helpful. The WiFi is fast and reliable. The location is close to the Botanical Garden and the beautiful parklands on the north shore of Lake Geneva. If you are going to Geneva as a civil servant, this hotel is close to several of the international organizations, including the WTO, WMO and UN, and not very far from the Place des Nations. The full retail prices for rooms are too high to fit with the per diem provided to travellers by international organizations for, but if you hit a sale it becomes a very, very good option.

a great hotel and value and outstanding customer service

Our stay was wonderful. Hotel Eden was by far our favorite Euro hotel on our trip. The front desk, restaurant, and cleaning staff went above and beyond to make our stay great. We loved the very comfortable room too.

A very comfortable, reasonably priced hotel within easy reach of the city & lakeside.

Restaurant is closed for lunch & dinner on Saturday & Sunday.

Excellent hotel. Friendly staff, good breakfast, comfortable room with lake view & well equipped bathroom.

The breakfast was really good, so many choices and really...

The room was a bit cold at night

The breakfast was really good, so many choices and really friendly staff. The room was big, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was big and well lit (a bonus in Geneva!). My room faced the street but it was still really quiet! It's close to most of the international organisations.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Hotel where I feel returning home.

About breakfast? it could have been better with a little variety of ham and salami. But it is fine and you can carry on as it is.

About breakfast, it is fine and staff served well.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

A very decent hotel at the right place.

Breakfast options are quite narrow

Perfect location in the immediate vicinity of UN organizations. Good conditions corresponding well to the 3-star hotel expectations. Excellent noise protection.

Professional hotel, in the vicinity to all important international institutions. Reserve in advance.

We asked for two separate beds. So to be left to arrange the room yourself was a surprise. At least it was possible.

Hotel breakfast was very good and healthy. Staff very friendly and professional. Everything was close to the hotel.

Cozy and conveniete place

If the cost is a little bit lower for weekdays, I will consider stay here again for my next business trip next time.

Quite a nice location next to the big garden and lake aside, especially a ferry port. Free transport card was issued at check-in point. Very considerate of the hotel. Girl at the front gave very detailed tour suggestions. Nice room and big bathtub to relax. Quite a lot breakfast with good service. Loved the clear wall lift circled by the stairway. Liked here very much!

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Nice stay but interrupted by a test of evacuation alarm without a warning

I stayed 1 night only. I guess I was extra unlucky that in the morning they decided to do some maintenance on their alarm system. So, as I was considering a morning coffee I received an automated telephone call - "This is evacuation alarm! Please stay calm and leave the room quickly!". I may not believe it, but I do as instructed, not using the lift, drop everything, walk calmly 6 floors down. "Oh, we're so sorry sir, we're just doing some maintenance!". Well, thank you for telling me now. feel much better. Of course, a note in advance would be even nicer.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

location was excellent.

sound transfer between rooms was an issue-- person in the next room snoring and had TV on late into the night. Fortunately the noisy person was only there one night.

location was excellent. Staff were extremely friendly. room was small by North American standards but was comfortable and had everything that I needed.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

For a one night stay- yes

Rooms should be aired be fore guests arrive -- I had to air it myself as it smelled like the room had not been used for a while. Furniture and beds could be upgraded.

Location is good

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Hotel Eden, lives up to its name!

Perfect small hotel in great location in GVA..everything worked, welcoming reception, fast Wifi, good breakfast, clean, cosy and quiet room, great price, cannot be beaten. The hotel is marvel in GVA, and deserves 10/10!

All your necessary comforts are here.
    • Classic Family Room

Parking the car was expnsive.

Very comfortable rooms, super friendly and helpful staff, scrumptious breakfast, excellent location, the complimentary bus passes.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Nice and convenient hotel next to the lake

staff is friendly and very helpful, I arrived very late and checked out very early (still could have a breakfast before opening hours of the restaurant), rooms look standard comfortable

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

Cozy, with a thought of the small things guests could need -...

The double room is a bit small for two persons who are not a couple - there is not enough space to separate the beds.

Cozy, with a thought of the small things guests could need - free transport card, free safe box into the room, ironing room... Enjoyed a lot our stay.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Probably the best choice when you have business at Palais des Nations

Breakfast was nice but typically continental - cold dishes only. Some hot sausages and fried eggs would make it better.Else, there was no coffee\tea machine in the room as promissed, though I never bothered to ask - probably, it was available on request..

Location, rooms, staff - everything excellent. Did not have a chance to have lunch at the hotel, but the place was always packed on lunchtime and said to be one of the best hotel restaurants in town. Will certainly try next time. The bus stop is only 200 m away, and free city transport card they give you at the reception on arrival comes handy.

Quality, size and tasteful decore in keeping with the...

Proximity to the gardens

Quality, size and tasteful decore in keeping with the original colouring etc

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Nothing special. Pricy

Tiny beds, tiny bathrooms, uncomfortable showers. Too expensive for the quality. Best to rent a flat.

Clean, good breakfast, nice staff, good linens.

Good and clean family rooms

Breakfast: no much verity

Good and clean family rooms

Hotel is located

Very helpful staff and the hotel is located at a very prime spot by the lake.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

staff

as three stars hotel nothing to report

staff

Nice stay with warm staff.

Price, breakfast

Comfortable and met my needs

More flavour on the food is needed

The rooms are cozy and quiet

It was OK but nothing to write home about.

Hotel was older style and difficult to handle a lot of baggage due to steps and small lifts

Good breakfast

Nice but extremely expensive.

Nice but extremely expensive.

Breakfast was so good.

Breakfast was so good. The personel was so helpful.

The staff and quality of the room were both accommodating...

The staff and quality of the room were both accommodating and exceptional.

Nice and pleasant hotel, very happy.

Friendly staff, mini bar

Very lovely hotel, beautiful views and comfortable

Very lovely hotel, beautiful views and comfortable

Very ggod hotel close to the lake

It's a pity the restaurant is closed at the weekend.

Perfect location, so close to the park along the lake.

The hotel was great which made the awful weather easier to bare.

Location and helpfulness of the staff.

amazing service, very comfortable hotel

amazing service, very comfortable hotel

Breakfast OK

The room smelt of cigarette smoke

Breakfast OK

room too small

room too small

The room was a bit cold this winter and no matter how much I...

The room was a bit cold this winter and no matter how much I pushed the heater it was always a bit too cold.

Rooms are too small and noisy

Not a bad hotel for a quick stop.

Breakfast wasn’t great.

Not a bad hotel for a quick stop. Helpful and friendly staff and reception.

Location is ideal

Centrally Located - good breakfast - all that is needed

They served good breakfast!

They served good breakfast! Excellent!