Reviews of Kastanienbaum Swiss Quality Seehotel 4 stars

St. Niklausenstrasse 105, Horw, 6047 Luzern, Switzerland

#36 of 69 hotels in Luzern

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

The hotel reception staff are friendly and welcoming.
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

The breakfast lady during our stay was extremely rude to us on the first time with un-known reason.

The hotel reception staff are friendly and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

The location is very good: close to the lake with excellent...
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

The location is very good: close to the lake with excellent lake view; 20 meters from bus (line 21) stop, can directly head to Luzern’s main train station.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Okay, not great
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

In comparison, the Burgenstock Waldhotel is also 4 stars and similar in price (slightly higher for the room I chose with a full private terrace). However, the quality (service + rooms) difference is beyond comparison..

Pretty good hotel for the price paid, but a bit misleading with the 4 star title in my opinion.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

If the road takes us around Lucern in the future, we would definitely stay there again.
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

Very clean and large, comfortable room, we even found a water bowl for our dog! Polite staff, great view from the outside breakfast area, such calm environment!

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Lovely lake views
    • Double Room with Lake View

I inadvertently left a small handpainted pillow in the room when we left, and which I didn't notice until we reached our next destination. When I called to ask whether I could pay to arrange for this to be posted to me, the gentleman I spoke to was incredibly rude and complained that it would take him several hours to complete the paperwork, and quoted me a price of €50 to post the pillow without the interior stuffing to Denmark. I realise that it was my own mistake for leaving the item behind, however I did not appreciate being treated so rudely.

The female receptionist on the day that we arrived was really sweet and helpful, and provided us with a lot of information on the best way to reach the city centre by bus, which conveniently stopped outside the hotel. We had booked a lakeview room, and while technically we could see the lake from our window, there was an ugly roof right in front which unfortunately detracted from the overall scenery. The view of the lake from the patio and jetty is breathtaking though. Our room was also situated extremely close to the restaurant so there was quite a lot of noise from some rowdy guests that continued quite late into the night.

An amazing view
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

Spider houses everywhere in the room, No AC and it was really hot, very sunny morning with no blackout in the room. The balcony with lake view was amazing but again big spider in the balcony

Helpful staff, amazing view,

Magical View and relaxing hotel
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

Its not in the center, but its just away from the people to relax and have the view for your self. You can reach the center by bus of car or even rent free bikes from the hotel it self. I loved this option. The view is magical again.

Very clean, amazing staff, amazing food, magical views. near to center by car and to many activity areas, so relaxing to stay there. And for sure I will come back again for more activities.

The place is located in the heart of an exclusive...
    • Superior Double Room Hillside

Could not find anything bad about the place.

The place is located in the heart of an exclusive residential area on Lake Lucerne. The design and the available amenities clearly reflected that. Very nice place to rest up or to enjoy the recreational facilities in the area.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Would stay again if the pillows were changed
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

This hotel is in an excellent location. The view across the lake is amazing. We ate in the restaurant once, the menu is quite small but the food was delicious, and the staff were very attentive. The only complaint was the pillows on the bed. They looked amazing on the bed as they were displayed but when you put your head on them it was like sleeping on a tissue. We asked for 2 more but there was no difference so we had a good fight with them before eventually going to sleep.

Service makes the experinence terrible
    • Double Room with Lake View

During my two weeks travel in Switzerland, I find this hotel most unsatisfactory. It was a disappointing experience staying in the hotel, in particular with an arrogant attitude from one male receptionist (the female receptionists are all good). I arrived at the hotel on 30 August, checked in successfully with a confirmation letter sent from one of the staff a few months ago. Before I went into my room, I reaffirm with the receptionist at that time (a lady), "Does my roomrate include breakfast?" the answer is yes, good, because it is consistent with my confirmation letter, which was sent from the hotel a few months ago. The next day, when i went to breakfast with my girlfriend, the waitress from the restaurant said my room does not includes breakfast and we (two people) have to pay 40 CHF for breakfast. Well, it is a rainy day, I pay over 200 CHF for the daily roomrate, to be honest, who really cares about extra 40?! In the evening, I just wanted to check with the receptionist about my booking again, there it comes an arrogant man. He kept saying the system does not register for the breakfast, and then I showed him the confirmation letter. He told me "well, you can tear the letter, it doesnt make any sense" (seriously, he's literally showing the gesture of tearing down the confirmation letter). This is the behavior which annoys me, and it is quite offensive. The letter, was sent from an internal staff from the hotel, was printed with title of the hotel, if the confirmation letter has no use at all, what's the point of sending it? If the information sent out from the hotel is not consistent, who shall be blamed?? I guess the answer is quite simple. Switzerland is well-known for its service, I just cannot believe the words said from the man. I continued to ask him for more clarification, he then became extremely impatient and looked into the computer and CHANGED his words.

Good location. Nice view

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

The location is great and the view from the balcony is...
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

The staff were not very professional. They also made us pay 3 Euros for ice. I've travelled all over the world and never paid for ice before.

The location is great and the view from the balcony is beautiful.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Expensive but the view is incredible
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

Expensive, old fashioned room in a residential area. Bus or drive to the centre. Limited parking

Pay for the wonderful view, do request a lake view otherwise it's an expensive and inferior offer vs bavaria

Fine hotel at the lucern lake
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

without the high price, almost nothing. Too many group travelers, therefore a little bit loud at breakfast.

The lakeview is astonishing. The service is good, especially the exclusive service (minibar, swimmingpool, visitingcard, etc) is perfect.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Amazing location on the lake and great view from the balcony.
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

Amazing location on the lake and great view from the balcony. The free public transport is a plus and the bus stops directly outside for connections to Lucerne. Awesome facilities and breakfast. One night was not enough!

The view is excellent and the staff is very friendly and polite
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

The rooms are very stuffy at night and if you open the doors then lots of bugs come in. There is no air conditioning but the staff will provide you with table fans.

The food is excellent

spectacular view, lovely staff!
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

We visited in a heatwave. The room had a fan, but needed mosquito window shutters to allow open windows...( if not air conditioning) But maybe this was our paranoia- maybe there are no mosquitoes.... but we had been travelling round and kept getting bitten, so we didn’t want to sleep with open windows!

We would visit again. Awesome views, good food, fantastic staff.

The building is rather old and did not meet our expectations,
    • Junior Suite with Lake View

The room was too small for 3 people, only a little van available in that heat, the shower did not work

The view from the room to the lake was amazing. We enjoyed the tour with the boat to Luzern. Wellness rooms are OK.

Nice but for the price, it could be better
    • Double Room with Lake View

The spa is efficient but not really comfortable. The tiles there are a bit medicinal. The rooms are a bit small too.

View is great and if it's sunny, it's wonderful. Sitting outside by the lake is great. Breakfast was very good and the terrace is nice. Staff were friendly.

nice view from hotel

very far from lucerne main town the rooms are not clean the breakfast is not good there is no air conditioner in this facility

nice view from hotel

Good view to the lake.
    • Double Room with Lake View

No air conditioner, the pillows not comfortable, bathroom space quite limited. No independent shower area, the shower has to be made in the bathtub which made the bath room wet.

Good view to the lake. Free parking. Good breakfast.

Our lakeview room was wonderful - a beautiful panorama, very...
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

Our lakeview room was wonderful - a beautiful panorama, very peaceful. The hotel staff were all very helpful with restaurants and things to do in Lucerne.

Absolute frontage onto Lake of Lucerne -- staggering outlook...
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

Absolute frontage onto Lake of Lucerne -- staggering outlook from rooms and outdoor restaurant areas . Free shuttle into downtown Lucerne + paddle steamer at private / public wharf .

Peaceful but annoying neighbours
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

Fridge wasn’t working. Was rather hot at night during a hot summer night (only fan is available) Loud neighbours annoyed me as we shared a balcony (with a separate screen). I could hear them when they speak as they kept the balcony doors opened.

Great location. 15 min bus ride from Lucerne train station. Quiet side of Lucerne with access to the lake. There’s also a swimming pool.

Great hotel but expensive considering the room was not 100%
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

Double beds are not double beds but two twins pushed together. The hotel was very very noisy. Doors banging all of the time and Japanese guests we up and very noisy at 6am

The outside terrace area. Also the girl who ran the area on the first day Rebecca was excellent.

Only if you have very low standards and expectations
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

This is basically a glorified and overpriced tour bus hotel. The rooms are superficially comfortable but actually just functional. Our ‘superior lake view room’ had a (locked) connecting door to the neighbouring room with absolutely no sound proofing. The corridor was occupied by a tour group who colonised the premises and made considerable noise late at night with no consideration or awareness of other guests. Hotel staff did make some effort to calm this down. The bed itself was uncomfortable with absolutely terrible, ineffectual pillows. No alternative pillows were available, only more of the same. The room had no kettle, only a coffee machine, and hotel staff were initially dismissive when asked for a kettle. They only responded when a rocket was firmly placed underneath them, and then they were unable to produce a kettle. The best they could do was a jug of lukewarm water an hour later. The upshot of all this was that we spent a very expensive, unsatisfactory, sleepless night in a very unsatisfactory hotel. We were booked for a two night stay but checked out after one night. We made the manager fully aware of the depth of our dissatisfaction and she unhesitatingly afforded us a full refund, which suggests that she was already aware of the shortcomings of this appalling hotel.

Spectacular lakeside setting, although this is not significant as everything in Lucerne is spectacular. Pleasant room with a nice balcony overlooking the lake.

We needed a weekend where we could just get away from it all...
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

We needed a weekend where we could just get away from it all and this is the place. It's about a 15 minute drive into Luzern by car but the hotel does give you free bus passes which we used. (The ride was about 30-40 minutes). The bus stop is steps from the hotel. We liked the fact that it wasn't in Luzern, but outside the city so we could relax and be in the quiet. We took a walk in the neighborhood and it was lovely. If you are looking for more of a nightlife, I'm not sure there is any unless you make the trek into Luzern, which was fine with us since we weren't there for that.The staff was wonderful and helpful and answered any questions we had. The food in the restaurant was delicious and the breakfast was good. We could not beat the view. Our room overlooked the lake and we had a balcony room. The view was breathtaking. Watching the boats and people on the water was beautiful. One night a storm had blown in over the mountains and it was just gorgeous. Thank you for the wonderful stay!

Great view!
    • Double Room with Lake View

We had dinner in the hotel restaurant. When we went to get a table they asked if we had reservations and acted like they didn't have a table for us. There were many tables and no one came in after us. It was very strange. Then we ordered dinner with tap water. They charged us 5 swiss franc for the water. I can't believe that if we are staying at the hotel and paying for dinner that they would charge for tap water. I ordered Minestrone soup...it came as a broth with like 10 small pieces of veggies for 14 francs. What a rip off!!

The hotel was located at the water. We loved the view from our balcony. Our room was comfortable and so was the bed! We were only 10-15 min from old town. But we enjoyed being away from the crowds.

Lovely views from our room, nice restaurant (great terrasse!
    • Double Room with Lake View

We didn’t realize the hotel was located in a residential suburb of Luzern, so no cafes or restaurants nearby. Not a problem, but just good to know.

Lovely views from our room, nice restaurant (great terrasse!), easy access (the bus we took at the train station stops across the street from the hotel), parking.

Gorgeous location on the lake
    • Single Room with Hillside View

Parts of the property advertised on the website don't exist, food was awful and overpriced, staff just tried to sell me on expensive excursions rather than help me with information.

Gorgeous location on the lake

Very nice and relaxing holiday with perfect food and staff
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

Pillows are very uncomfortable. The roof of the 1st floor below your balcony is also unattractive. Maybe adding a roof garden would make it more appealing.

Food was excellent. Staff extremely friendly and location was also very good.

Hope to be better
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

The room is too small not like the photo.. very hard to move specially if you have kids Balcony not clean and full of insect .. Bed is not clean not comfort Bathroom is too small as well

The view is great The staff is so kind and helping alot Parking with no fees and enough parking Mostly quite except during the weekend

Good, very simple, countryside hotel aside from (but close...
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

soundproof could be better, slightly outdated

Good, very simple, countryside hotel aside from (but close to) landmarks and activities. Good food. Stunning views on the lake and mountains.

Good location with easy access to Lucerne.
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

All guests having to eat outside due to a private function being given the restaurant.

Excellent staff, Great view, boat pick up for Lucerne, free bus ticket.

Super friendly and helpful staff at the reception and in...
    • Junior Suite with Lake View

Super friendly and helpful staff at the reception and in restaurant coupled with amazing view made our 1.5 week staying with our 3yo boy unforgettable.

Great location and awesome view to the lake
    • Double Room with Hillside View

We made an excellent choice choosing to upgrade our room to a room with a lake view. The view was absolutely stunning! The hotel is great for visiting the city of lucerne. We came by car and the hotel offers you free parking area and gave us a bus ticket to travel Lucerne. The bus drive takes around 20 minutes.

The view from the rooms is amazing
    • Double Room with Hillside View

water was leaking from the restaurants ceiling and they put jugs and buckets on the floor to collect water. it needs refurbishment.

The view from the rooms is amazing

the view on the lake was great;
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

the hotel is quite basic, although rooms are very clean; location is in a suburb of Lucerne and although it is on the Lucerne lake there is almost nothing to do at the hotel/ close by - the space around the hotel is very limited - a very small terasse in the back looking at the lake and the parking in the front. The restaurant is quite basic also and the only alternative is to go in Lucerne. the Spa (massage and sauna , no swimming pool) were closed Sunday and Monday...

the view on the lake was great; the staff helpful, polite and very helpful

Very nice room with gorgeous view on the lake, big size bed...
    • Double Room with Lake View

Bathtub the only weak point, it has to be renewed, shower too low and with an uncomfortable curtain.

Very nice room with gorgeous view on the lake, big size bed and TV! Girls at reception really kind and helpful.

The location is superb, and the views across Lake Lucerne...
    • Double Room with Lake View

Parking is at a premium and a bit cramped - you might have to be patient to secure a place.

The location is superb, and the views across Lake Lucerne magical (if you have a lake view). Also, the hotel has a pier where the lake tour boat docks, providing easy access to the tour and a convenient way to travel into the town. The spa facility is actually privately run, not owned by the hotel, but access is via a short adjoining corridor (No indoor or outdoor pool).

it was ok
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

At breakfast where for the first time ever in any hotel we have stayed in we did not get a pot of coffee but only half a cup and had to find the server to get more.

Best sunrise from balcony of your room
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

The view of the lake magical and the sunrise breathtaking

Beautiful view, amazing sunrise , and dog friendly hotel, you can take your dogs in the restaurant with you, all staff very friendly , the room is big, clean , the view from balcony magical

Very nice smaller hotel on the outskirts of Luzern with great views of the lake
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

Would have been nice to have a “proper” chair to be able to use the small writing desk/board

A pleasant smaller hotel some 15 mins from Luzern city centre. Fantastic location with views across the lake from my hotel room. The room was fine, somewhat on the smaller side but catered for all needs including an excellent coffee maker, safe, tv etc. It had a small balcony and good sized patio doors so the room was light enough. Hotel staff throughout were exceptionally friendly and personal and made you feel very welcome. Hotel restaurant had some nice dishes; the terrace is amazing on a sunny afternoon and breakfast was a good selection of savoury and sweet. Excellent coffee! WiFi was good and stable Nice extra: free bus tickets into town Great walk/running/cycling route starting at hotel along the waterfront Would definitely recommend

Our stay could only have been better with improved weather conditions.
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

The staff was very accommodating and wanted to help in any way possible to make certain we enjoyed our stay. Location was good and about a 15-20 minute bus ride to the city center; free bus pass was provided by the hotel for the duration of our stay.

Excellent location & staff

Wonderfull Location & Staff especially Mr Dominic the receptionist was very professional,helpful and cooperative Me & my family enjoyed to much in this hotel All the best

Very pleasant
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

Pillows were too soft and smokers on other balconies made it difficult to use ours.

Great location on the lake and terrific views, includuding from the restaurant. Staff were great.

Staff and hotel are nice. Beware of booking.com.
    • Double Room with Lake View

Issue with Booking.com. Made reservation for 2 people but the hotel said Booking.com only reserved for one person. I was charged an extra 40 Swiss francs for the second person.

View from hotel is amazing.

Tranquil location with beautiful views of the lake.

We have no complaints.

The location was ideal for us as it provided a tranquil escape from the bustle of the busy tourist centre of Lucerne. The view from our balcony was stunning. Free bus passes were also available.

very enjoyable 2 night stay front of house very helpful, I will be going back at so.e
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

Bathroom a little tired 😫, room 201 is a over the kitchen service entrance , kitchen staff could be loud at times, banging dustbin lid and loud talking after lights out.

Outlook over the lake was stunning, free pass for local transport very useful. Food ok

I have enquired about going back next year. I dont ever do that.
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

Not waking up the second morning to a lake view :(

The view. Had to stay an extra night as was not too well, so we where moved to the front of the hotel, but the first night with the lake view was fantastic to wake up too. Staff were pleasant and helpful, and even had scrambled egg on the house, made for me, as i hadn't eaten for 2 days. Rooms clean and more than presentable. We ate on the second night in the restaurant, meals where nice(a bit too salty for my liking, could have held back a bit with the salt) but was made more pleasant by the 2 young staff who served us.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

The only reason I booked this hotel was because it had a...
    • Double Room with Hillside View

The only reason I booked this hotel was because it had a pool. The pool was closed 3 out of the 4 days of our stay. Very disappointing.We were given a bottle of wine and a free trip around the lake but the booking was made because of the pool.

Too expensive for what it is.
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

We was told that breakfast is extra, and we said that was ok. The morning after, half way through our breakfast, one of the staff said she did not think we should be having breakfast, because it is not included. This was embarrassing to us. The hotel was dis-organised, there was a lack of understanding between reception and the staff serving breakfast.

Balconey.

I would go here again
    • Superior Double Room Hillside

One light in the room was broken. The minifridge was very bad. They need to put airconditioning in the room. Swimming pool was not so big and not deep at all, but its nice to have a regreshing pool anyway.

Hotel was easy to find. Some parking spaces were tiny but others were okay. Room with hillside view had a great view and the room itself was big enough. The tv was good and you could put hdmi into it. The coffeemachine in the room was very good. Breakfast was fine, nothing special but also not bad.

A pricey hotel which everything is just "OK" except the reception staff and the lake view

The rooms are not so clean. The rooms are far less appealing than the photos provided from the website.

The view of the rooms facing the lake, the reception staff, the free bus tickets.

Excellent view from lake view rooms. Worth the money!!
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

Location....Location and Location!! Excellent location on the Lake with beautiful view of the mountains around the lake! The rooms are nice, clean and has all the facilities one needs. Definitely book a room that has a balcony with Lake view!!

Beautiful views, quiet location,easy access to Lucerne and attractions.
    • Double Room with Lake View

This is a non smoking hotel however we were affected by othe guests smoking on the terrace, the smoke came in through our window as we were just above the terrace. We were also affected when eating breakfast under the covered terrace dining area. A dedicated smoking area well away from the dining terrace and building would help.

Comfy beds, hotel generally very clean and quiet. Staff helpful and friendly. Stunning views. Bus pass included in price makes for easy access to Lucerne with buses every half hour just outside of hotel.

Nice terrace and a small hotel beach by the lake
    • Double Room with Hillside View

Small birds at the terrace that were eager to share breakfast with you.

The hotel is by the lake with a nice terrace. The hotel had a small own beach, it was nice to go swimming there.

Great location and wonderful views

No AC!

The room appeared to have AC, but it didn't work. It got very hot and didn't sleep as well because of it. The breakfast was great and the staff was very inviting and friendly. I would prefer to stay here again in the cooler months

Switzerland road trip
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

There was no air conditioning. The breakfast Buffett was good but there were lots of flies around due to the doors being open

The location and view from our room was pretty. The bus stop to take you into town was right there. The hotel staff was very helpful.

A room with a view!
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

The restaurant menu was a bit limited, which meant if you ate there 2+nights in a row, there wasn't much choice, and none of our meals were particularly 'spectacular'. There was no air conditioning anywhere in the hotel, and it was extremely hot and humid, particularly at night. A fan was provided which improved things a bit. Overall this hotel was slightly disappointing in some ways, but the view and situation more than made up for it.

The view from the balcony over the lake was beautiful, and the room was a decent size, with reasonable bathroom. The staff were very friendly and helpful and eating out on the terrace was very pleasant. If you don't want to stay in a 'town centre' hotel, then this hotel will suit you as it is quiet and rural, but the bus for the town centre of Lucerne leaves from outside the door and takes about 20 mins max. There is a also a public ferry service, which runs from a jetty next to the hotel, over to Lucerne every couple of hours, and makes a nice change from the bus or car.

The location is beautiful, just next to the lake, in a quiet...
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

Our room (superior double on the top floor) did not have AC, and the fan that was in the room made creaking noises when it was set to swivel. Additionally, only one of the three wings of the balcony door can be opened, the other ones are screwed shut. All of this, in the middle of summer, made for uncomfortably hot nights. The rooms also do not have accessible power outlets near the nightstands. The rooms on the top floor have sloped roofs, which made the shower a bit cramped. The quiet location of the hotel comes at a price though, as there was no restaurant even remotely in walking distance.

The location is beautiful, just next to the lake, in a quiet village near Lucerne. The room was spacious and comfortable, and tastefully furnished. The pool, albeit small, was the perfect temperature and a pleasant place to be. The hotel has a private beach, which was perfect for cooling off in peace. The restaurant is expensive, but the beef burger was very tasty and the portion size was satisfyingly large. The rooms are nice and the view from the room was beautiful. Hotel staff was always friendly. If you want, you can take the boat to Lucerne or take a round trip around the lake, as the boat station is very near.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Great experience, with a view!
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

Breakfast could be a bit better, and the minibar could have 2 of each if it's in a "double" room.

Perfect location with stunning views of the lake and the Alps if you're room has that orientation. Big room with balcony, free minibar and coffee machine, good bathroom. Breakfast was good enough, the best part was to have it on the terrace. Wifi is pretty decent, good speed and works well. Bus stop right at the front of the property, and you get a free pass for the buses in Lucerne in the reception. Small swimming pool and access to a tiny beach to swim in the lake also a plus.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Breakfast was excellent.
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

Only one dislike was the quality of the towels, which was surprising for such an excellent hotel.

Breakfast was excellent. The receptionist staff were also excellent. In particular, Dominic. He gave us advice on many occasions. We even had a free bus pass into Luzern. Our room with a lake and view of the mountains was perfect. The hotel was a little bit out of Luzern, in a suburb, but we chose it because it was and being out of the city was no problem because of the free bus pass and regular buses.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

beautiful location
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

rudeness of the breakfast staff, very limited lunch and dinner menu at very high prices

the location was very nice, out of the city and an easy bus ride to the city. fantastic views.

Perfect for relaxation
    • Junior Suite with Lake View

10 Minutes by car to Luzern city center (too far to walk)

- Quiet area, directly on the lake - Very helpful and kind employees - Free parking in the hotel (which is saving a lot of mony in Europe)

Not up to its former standard
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

The accounts have been in and penny pinched. The rooms are less well appointed and more expensive. Breakfast was glorious previously,tea or coffee served to you,however now it is self service. Not what I expect when I pay €420 for dinner bed and breakfast. The restaurant is good but very expensive. Staff at reception not very smartly dressed Will not be going back again.

We have stayed many times before in this hotel,and thought we would give it another chance as last time it was not up to its usual standard. The view is lovely

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Picturesque Location
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

Breakfast - it seemed we were left with the scraps as empty dishes were not readily replaced. If asked the staff would happily oblige however.

Very comfortable large room with stunning views of the lake and mountains. Bus stop immediately outside hotel with excellent links to city centre made travelling without our own vehicle easy. We appreciated the friendly and helpful reception staff.

A nice place at a great location that did however not meet our expectations.
    • Double Room with Hillside View

Unfortunately Sauna and Wellness were closed over Xmas/New Year. As we came to know the hotel because of the Sauna, we were a bit disappointed. Instead there was some compensation with a voucher for free ice-skating in Luzern that in the end did not work out either as nobody really knew about the offer when we asked for it. All in all an good place but we found that price and service do not match.

Great location. There are some free drinks in the room what we considered a nice detail.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Excellent location, nice restaurant and very pleasant people!

Everything was good

Excellent location, nice restaurant and very pleasant people!

Disappointed - lakeside hotel without lake access

On lake but no possibility to access lake to swim from hotel

Well run business/conference type hotel - excellent breakfast

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Nice and calm neighborhood, lakefront with nice view on the...
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

Outdated room, tiny bathroom.

Nice and calm neighborhood, lakefront with nice view on the mountains and lake. 7 minute drive to Luzern city center.

Good value for money
    • Junior Suite with Lake View

Beds and pillows very uncomfortable

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Beautiful view from the lake facing balcony!
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

The staff came across as a little rude sometimes

Beautiful view from the lake facing balcony!

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Unorganized staff.

Unorganized staff. They were discussing and fight in front of customers.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Bring your camera . Views are breathtaking

No air conditioning.

Location. Beautiful. Free bus downtown and back. A boat comes to their dock to take you on a tour or to just take you downtown.

Location view staff