Reviews of Mercure Biel 4 stars

Neumarktstrasse 40, 2502 Biel, Switzerland

#6 of 11 hotels in Biel

We arrived @ 2am but were still greeted by a very friendly and helpful receptionist. When we reached the room (Superior) we were both surprised how lovely, stylish and comfortable the room was! As a wonderful bonus we had a lovely balcony looking out to the canal. But the best thing about our stay was the extremely comfortable bed! And let's not forget about the rain forest shower:-) We very much enjoyed staying there... Lastly the different receptionist when we checked out was very nice too...

• Standard Twin Room

The concept of the bathroom, was extremely modern but not as practical as it should be. What I didn't like the system was too long to receive warm water for the shower, you could not really hold yourself in the shower. I would have liked sliding doors from the shower. Ah breakfast was excellent a part from the quality of cheeses........

• Standard Twin Room

We were given a room on 5th floor next to the window with street view. At 2am on Saturday morning we were awaken by the noise outside. It is a night club just downstairs! After calling the reception, they said it's normal and the noise shall be stopped after 3am. At 4am it was still very loud outside with people shouting in the street so the Reception was asked to call the police. If the hotel know that the room would be so noisy, why the hell give it to a customer??!! We are contacting the manager for this bad experience. Too bad that the one night lost of sleep can't be compensated by any means. A four star hotel that charges over 100CHF for a night. Who deserves this kind of situation?

• Standard Room with 1 Single Bed

The bed wasn't that comfortable and although they had a machine for pressing natural orange juice, it wasn't available for use.

The front desk personnel was very nice and helpful.

Good for a night stay. Biel itself is an odd man out in switzerland. Not worth for more than two days but visit to the near cities of lake biel, lingerz, sainte croix is worth a try. Omega, tissot and rolex have its head quarters here near biel

Parking cost CH19 per night!

Junior suite has a sofa bed. All children under 12 stay free of charge in existing bedding! And breakfast was also free for the kids! Great value for money if you are traveling with children.

Nice, clean comfortable rooms - great buffet breakfast, ours was included in the room rate; ideal location in the city center, near all shops and restaurants. After a hard day's cycling my friend and I were greeted by friendly staff that immediately told us where to securely store our bikes for the night - much appreciated as it is not always the case depending on the places you visit!

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Not having coffee machine and iron in the room. refilling of tea/coffee/cream in sufficient quantities should have been on daily basis w/o asking. Breakfast was quite expensive compared to similar hotels!

Location was good having shops and restaurants at walk-able distance. Pleasant reception staff and also very informative

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

The Tissot watch museum had no parking spots and it made it difficult to visit it in the morning.

We enjoyed the small old town (concert in church, good food and Salsa dance classes in the pub).

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Parking spaces extremely narrow, water in bathroom took 5 minutes to heat up

Excellent modern and comfortable room facilities, modern bathroom, fantastic breakfast selection and service

• Standard Twin Room

I think really the comfort of the beds could have been a bit better. Also, please make sure we have electric plugs beside the beds - charging the phone is a hassle.

Very good hotel, for the money we paid at Swiss standards it was almost free) Location, staff, food at the breakfast was excellent (and breakfast - bravo, indeed). Rooms are sort of ordinary, but perfectly in line with other Mercurs.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

• Standard Room with 1 Single Bed

I would have preferred a plug socket closer to my bed. cannot fault any aspect of my 3 night stay.

The multilingual staff were all very charming and informative. My bedroom was delightful. Loved to bed and bath especially. The breakfast was absolutely first class, a wonderful choice of foods and drinks. I dined on the first night and my meal was faultless.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Standard Twin Room

Room was ok- but rather simple. The issue was to hear all cars on the street in the morning... housekeeping entered the room out of the blue in the morning... there was only one bottle of water on the room, quite poor for a minibar!

Reception was very friendly!

• Superior Single Room

Breakfast buffet is small and does not have varieties

Friendly Staff, cleanliness , location, room was great

It's ok and the everyone working that day was so nice

The receptionist was very rude and arrogant!

The room was smelly.

The staff at reception. 2 out if 3 are not professionnal.

Room is nice, correct size

• Standard Twin Room

Good room setup and standing. Very good value for money

I actually do not know

Good service

• Standard Twin Room

Single beds are rather small.

Excellent breakfast, quiet area, fast checkin and checkout.

No centre for business guests to print their travel documents

The general feeling is a cosy, friendly hotel with enough modern facilities

Centered

Check in was a mess

Bit of a walk to the centre but close to the Caves Restaurant (recommended!)

Very comfy, functional place.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

• Standard Twin Room

I accidentally double-booked. Mercure were very understanding and cancelled one of the bookings. Booking.com had not been responsive.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

The hotel you're looking for to visit Bienne

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Room next to elevator was really loud

Sauna

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

The bed was uncomfortable and the bathroom wasn't very clean.

The room design was modern and artistic. Breakfast was very good.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2015

Hot breakfast was stone cold. Electric heating plate was not turned on. Counter staff made us an omelette but werent too bothered. This is my first time in a 4stAr hotel as always go to the 3star one in Biel. Floor of bathroom dirty. Very disappointed.

Close to shops

• Reviewed: 19 December 2015

Customer service, when I complaint about the TV which wasn't working properly the lady just told that it used to be like that for long time and nothing has been done! No option just a NO! Very unfriendly!!

Location close to the city

• Reviewed: 1 December 2015

A very comfy hotel, where I could work in my room as well as relax, and with a very nice selection at breakfast. The staff were very pleasant and helpful.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2015

We just spent our wedding night here and had the worse experience ever. We used the room from 13h on to get ready for the wedding. My mom and sister got the room keys before me as I was late coming in with my wedding dress. Apparently the girl at the desk 'forgot' to get a copy of id from me when I came in after as she thought it was done already. At midnight after a very long wedding day we came into the hotel. The guy at the desk congratulated us and said goodnight. 45 minutes later.. We had a phone call. I was in the bath already and my husband was sleeping. The guy at the front desk said our credit card was declined and that we had to come down immediately to pay the room!!! About a week before, I had lost my wallet and therefore had to cancel my credit card. I explained this to the guy and told him we would def pay with Maestro card on our way out the next day. He refused to allow this and told me they would not accept to be paid at check-out. I told him it was def. A misunderstanding with the girl at the front desk not taking our id etc.... He finally came up to our room with the debit machine. I could not believe that he couldn't give us the benefit of the doubt and let us pay for our hotel room at checkout on our wedding night. Do not support this hotel who treat their customers this way!!!! A disgrace!!!!!!! I will spread the word in all the international groups in Switzerland on Facebook to avoid this hotel by all means!!!!

• Reviewed: 4 October 2015

Nothing to dislike at this hotel

2 of us stayed here while on a motorbike holiday through Europe. The room was of a very good standard, the staff were always friendly and very helpful and the secure underground parking was a nice bonus. The breakfast was very good with a wide selection of fish, meat, cheeses, bread, fruit etc and there was also cooked breakfast (although not to UK standards it was quite good for the continent) I would definitely recommend if you need to stay in Biel.

• Reviewed: 27 March 2015

Shower area not well design resulting in wetting of bathroom floor after shower. Pillows are too soft and squarish in shape.

Wellz located close to rail station, supermarkets, food and retailer stores. Friendly and helpful staffs. Good wifi connection.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2015

1. Walking distance from Biel Bahnhof to Mercure Biel is about 10-15mins. 2. Pillows a bit uncomfortable to sleep on (too soft) 3. Bathroom design needs to be improved (floor will be wet in both new Superior room or existing Junior Suite)

1. New Superior room is clean and user friendly / safety (anti slamp feature) 2. Kitchen facility im Junior Suite is excellent.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

Small room for 2 persons. Small towels...

Staffs were ok

• Reviewed: 29 November 2015

Smoky room

• Reviewed: 3 November 2015

I felt this hotel was more fitting for business travellers.

The hotel was near the Old Town.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2015

small room compared to the rate

in the middle of the city

• Reviewed: 7 July 2015

Room interieur, desk/ receptionist was very helpfull

• Reviewed: 27 April 2015

a positive experience

There are also 30 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.