Reviews of Hotel St. Gervais 1 stars

Rue des Corps-Saints 20, Saint-Gervais / des Grottes, 1201 Geneva, Switzerland

#85 of 95 hotels in Geneva

Based on 1084 hostel reviews

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Not the best night's sleep I've ever had.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Not at all soundproof. Noise from the lobby echoed up the stairs to my 2nd floor room, I could hear neighbors who came back late at night through my closed door as if it were open, and sounds from the rooms on either side were only slightly muffled.

Convenient to the train station and other public transportation, easy walk to river and old city. Appreciated the fan in the room.

Would not recommend or refer this place
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Had trouble getting to the location as google & map fails. The bed & the elevator.

I booked 2 rooms for 4 adults & the bed was too small. Good thing we are not oversized. Elevator was classically small. Not recommend for clasterfobic!

Great staff and location make up for some other not so good features

The bed was really too narrow for two people. The bathroom was clean on the surface, but it would be good to clean the ceiling once in a while (mold). Breakfast was good (lovely croissants!!) but could have some variation, e.g. an egg or something like that.

The hotel is very nearby the train station and near the old town. Location is therefore perfect. The staff is very, very friendly and offers many tips and explanation.

Overall, I had peaceful rest and would recommend it to people on business trip.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I wasn't aware that the bathrooms and wc were shared, probably I didn't check well while booking. Bathroom slippers we're not available though the floors were clean. I missed the breakfast since I had to leave early.

Although I was new in Geneva, the hotel staff gave me clear directions coupled with Google map and waited for me though I was arriving late. All arrangements made.

The front desk staff was super nice and very helpful,...
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The information about the room said 1 queen size bed but the actual bed in the room was barely big enough for 2 adults (and we’re not big people!!)

The front desk staff was super nice and very helpful, location was great

Centre of Geneva
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Very helpful staff, good local knowledge such as where to eat. A very central location, few minutes walk to the old toes, trams and buses 1 minute stroll.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Meh.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Only stayed for one night and the shared bathrooms looked like they hadn't been cleaned all day. The floors were wet and the litter had not been taken out. The rooms worked but we're very cramped. The extra comforter for the bed had cigarette burns in it and there were fingerprint smudges on the wall.

The proximity to the train station and downtown was impressive. Everything was a short walk away. The transit pass that you got on check in was very useful (just make sure you always have ID with you to use it). The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Walkable from Gare Cornavin.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

No air conditioning unit; you might reconsider when you visit during summer. Bathroom/ WC are shared by 3 rooms.

Walkable from Gare Cornavin. Decent breakfast that includes 2-3 types of bread and a number of spreads. Coffee and juice are also served plus a cup of flavoured yogurt.

Staff very helpful with best places to go and free...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Staff very helpful with best places to go and free map/guide as well. Hotel not far from the station only 5 mins walk and tram/bus stop just near the hotel. The breakfast was excellent with croissants,bread, yoghurt with tea and coffee.

The hotel is located within 15minutes walking from the train...
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The hotel is located within 15minutes walking from the train station. It was hard to find at first. The room is clean and the staff are nice. There are many good restaurants around.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

It's in an excellent location
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Very helpful staff special the receptionist in the morning shift , I check in very early , she gives me map and a card for free transportations for 48 hours in Geneva and serves a good breakfast for the same day I arrived , The room is very clean and the shared bathroom also is very clean , The location is near the lake and in a Central place

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

overall a very very good experience.

WE LIKED EVERYTHING.

The host was present at the time we checked in. It was late night but she waited for us and handed over the key and she had made all the arrangements for us. She guided us to travel and also gave us the free ticket to travel for bus and a free boat ride in Lake Geneva. That was an awesome experience and we really liked the host. She was outstanding and very helpful. Quick responses to email.

Great location and friendly staff
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

We were given a room with a bathroom which is usually not available to book. However the mattress in that room was terrible (probably why the room is not available to book on booking.com). We have also stayed in a room without the bathroom and the mattress was fine.

The staff were very friendly and simple but sufficient for a quick breakfast (given the price). Location of the hotel was great, very close to the train station (and bus station) so a very quick trip to the airport (especially important as our luggage didn't arrive and so we had to go back to the airport the next day to get our bags).

The location was within walking distance to many places...
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The beds very uncomfortable, we stayed in room 1, we ended up sleeping on the sofa bed, which was offered. Room being on the first floor you get to hear alot of noise from other guests on ground floor/reception area. No air conditioning hence very hot.

The location was within walking distance to many places close to metro station and the receptionist was very helpful. Water pressure very good when taking a shower.

Good value. clean budget accomadation in heart of an expensive city
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I had to stay over in Geneva unexpectedly and booked this hotel late on the day of my stay. I was given a room with a private bathroom free of charge and the staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is in the centre of Geneva and cost me at least 50% of the price of others nearby. I got more than I expected for the cost and was happy. It is not somewhere I would bring my family for a vacation, but for a cheap, central location it is fine.

Great location and value for money, with breakfast.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Room was an odd shape with low headroom in part, but I had an included bathroom - some rooms did not. One person tiny lift was difficult with bag.

Excellent location, simple but nice breakfast, lots of tourism material available, good bed and shower. They had no problem looking after my bag while I went on a day trip to Chamonix & Mt Blanc Cable car and Ice cave (Great day - worth the 175 CHF)

The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The only thing that I would add is a fan in the room as it was a little warm.

The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. The location was perfect and the room was simple yet comfortable. I was only able to stay one night but would very much recommend this place.

Location is perfect!
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Breakfast could be better. I think they should add more options about hard foods. Maybe some fruits etc. Also maybe TV can have some english canals so non-french speakers can enjoy theirselves too?

I really like the staff. They are very nice, helpful and they always smile :)) They were also very helpful about the city and markets. I also like the room. Yes it was small but it was very efficient for me. by the way, the plugs have only 3 dots on them. If you are from a country has only 2 lines on the plug and want to charge your laptop you should bring a converter because it doesnt work like it is. I think the managers should at least put one of the 2 liners or other international plugs in rooms. Or provide a converter, though i am not sure if they have them because i never asked. Location is amazing! It was perfect perfecttttt ! Very close to train station and shopping centers etc. And since they give you public transport card for your stay, you can just use the bus/tram stops across the hotel building. It was very good place when you think the price. I would recommend to anyone who want to stay :) I am surely thinking to stay next time as well. Thank you for eveything :)

A pleasant stay in a good location.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The breakfast area was crowded- barely enough places for guests.

Walking distance from the main train station. In a quiet street. Friendly receptionist. Very basic inexpensive accommodation. Has a lift. Bathroom shared with 2 other bedrooms.

Good for it's Location. Ideal if you are on a very short stay in Geneva
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

What's absolutely great about this place is its location in Geneva - you are a walking distance away from the water and all the nice restaurants/main area. That said, I would caution that this is more of a hostel stay than a hotel one - the was was exceptionally small for the two people I booked for so it was not a very comfortable stay. Furthermore the bathroom is shared across the whole floor so it usually as clean as those staying on the floor with you. Lady at the reception was amazing and extremely helpful - but keep in mind that the reception area is not serviced 24 hours a day (so if you need to book cabs, make sure you know how to do it on your own). Overall I would recommend this place if you are staying for only 1 - 2 nights with the sole purpose of going out to enjoy the city.

strategic place
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

the key room a bit difficult to use

Very strategic location, only few steps from big store Manor and Gare. Thanks to Lou, the receptionist for being helpful

Good value for money. Central. No frills.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

(-) Room door lock was cranky and it took some time to lock it.

Good value for money accommodation. (+) TV and sink in the room. Towels provided. Simple breakfast included.

cost-benefit is perfect for young couple.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I got a room (n.50) with couple bad. The bad size is ok, but the problem was the terrible "creaking wood"noise from the bad every time when I move during the night/sleep...it was really not good.

The hotel location is perfect! Very next of tram/bus stations. The staffs was very helpful with directions and general informations. They give us a "free pass" to use the public transportation during the days that we stayed in the hotel. Although there are shared bathroom, they were very clean every time that I went use. I recomend this hotel!

Area was great but a terrible room
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The room is terribly small and the bed was noise. The room is maybe ok for 1 person but feels like a shoe box with 2 people and suitcases.

The location was great

Nice place to stay when you have earplugs
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Very noisy building, I would recommend earplugs, bed creaked immensely. Everything was a bit old.

Great location, very close to public transport. Nice, friendly staff. Simple but good breakfast. Good wifi.

Nice staff.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Lots of noise from elevator and neighbors. Street noise. Rooms had no air or light.

Nice staff. Easy to get to from the train station. Centrally loacted.

Won't recommend. Only good thing is the support by the staffs. Needs thorough upgradation.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Room quality, noise, breakfast closes at 9.30 am.. this is too early.. thanks to the receptionist who herself kindly served the breakfast when I was late by 10 mins.

Behaviour and support by the staffs

Disapointing and dirty for the price despite the excellent placing in the town centre.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

My room was in the roof with miniture windows, i felt like i was in a prison. I expected a small room as a single traveller but this was suffocating. Also the skirting boards were broken, there were holes in the wall, the sink was beginning to come off the wall and the underneath of the bed was disgustingly dusty, also the "cupboard" looked like it hadn't been touched in years and was disgusting... Having walked past other rooms on other floors while being cleaned i realise that not all the rooms were like this but i believe we all paid the same room rate...

The placing was very central.

Good Location.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Someone who need energy breakfast as me may not enough. I have to spend more at super market. (I know this may be local culture for breakfast)

Breakfast is no have ham as hotel in Luzern and Interlaken It’s old style of hotel. Lift is too small, classic design but enough for us to move big luggage to 5th floor. Location is near bus stop. Very good to go anywhere in town.

Comfortable room at a central location with really friendly...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The height difference between the chair and desk in the room made it sort of uncomfortable to work from. Repeatedly bumped my head on the TV in the room as it's mounted really low. Other than that not much to complain about - in a different city it ought to have been priced lower, but this is Geneva and "value for money" is not really an applicable concept.

Comfortable room at a central location with really friendly staff. Sharing a bathroom was not a problem as there were only a few rooms on each floor. The breakfast was good if you like bread and jams (and I do!) and the coffee was excellent. If you prefer cereal, fruit, cheese and cold cuts you might not like it as much.

Hosts were really nice in providing us with recommendations.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Hosts were really nice in providing us with recommendations. The location was central and just across the street from the bus station. Breakfast was also delicious - good bread and croissants.

Everything was as I expected. Go for it if this is your budget.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Everything was as I expected. Go for it if this is your budget.

Worth your money. They provide what they say. Cant expect anything more within this budget in this prime location in Geneva. Also they give the travel passes which helps to save a lot of franc.

Very handy for the railway station, for me to catch my plane home. But a very costly brief stay.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The fact that the toilet, which I knew would be shared, was actually on a different floor (which was not explained in the blurb online). The room was tiny, and the floor was not very clean, and there was no bedside light. The wall was so thin that the TV in the next room was noisy and stopped me from going to sleep.

Staff were helpful when I arrived. The towels were nice and clean and the breakfast was simple : bread, croissant, cake, processed cheese, yoghurt, tea/coffee and fruitjuice

Way to expensive for what they have to offer
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Room was not cleaned for a while, loads of dust. Matress really old, way to firm had a sour back, also could not sleep as every time turning (from pain in a back) matress was making noises...

Location of hotel is really good, close to all transporrt links and city centre

Basic accommodation done very well at a basic price. Great location.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Room and shared shower small but OK. Would like en suite but can't grumble at the price for location and was clearly stated. If you want luxury, this isn't it but for a short stay was great. Would certainly return if on my own.

Great location. Friendly staff. Decent breakfast. Does very basic very well. It all works fine.

I imagine for Geneva this hotel is good value, especially as...

All fibe

I imagine for Geneva this hotel is good value, especially as it included breakfast! Very helpful staff and a good sized buffet breakfast. We were upgraded to room 1 which was en suite and very comfy. Easy walking access to the old town and lake, and easy access to train station and buses.

Excellent value room, small but great location and exactly what I required.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The room smelt of smoke which was the only drawback.

Location was great and there was a free bus ticket given to me by the hotel which got me to the motor show next to the airport and saved me a fortune in taxis.

A pleasant stay for a transition traveler in Geneve
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The bathroom locates only one per a floor and it could be humid easily in morning by someone taking shower before. It needs a better fan in the bathroom to keep the air clean.

Not far from the main train station in Geneva. The payment process was easy and the female clerk gave me the free city map and the free Geneva traveling card for the check-in to check-out day. So, I had free ride on the check-out day or all the public transportation in the area. Also, the stuffs were helpful to let me comeback on the check-out day to use my room till the check-out time. And the clerk helped me to exchange extra Swiss franc coins to the Swiss bank notes for the future exchange in another country.

Nice hotel near Cornavin station.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Nice hotel near Cornavin station. Clean and basic. Only 1 pillow in my single room but the nice staff are happy to provide another. Wi-Fi worked fine. Good shared bathroom facilities. Decent breakfast.

Property was in a great location and super easy to drag a...
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The bed was a little hard, but we only stayed for one night, so not a big deal.

Property was in a great location and super easy to drag a big suitcase and snowboard bag. Room had good facilities and a great breakfast. Big plus was the free transit pass we were given at check in. It made getting around Geneva really enjoyable. All staff members spoke enough English to provide us with directions and dinner recommendations. Great place to stayed if you have a layover in Geneva.

A simple room.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The WiFi was incredibly slow. I know Geneva is an expensive city, but the cost was far too high for such a simple room (especially in off-season).

The room was simple but adequate for one person. I knew they bathrooms were shared, which was fine, so I was pleasantly surprised to see I had at least a private sink in my room. The owner was very friendly and gave great directions.

Geneva is a very special place and the hotel was not perfect but well priced and perfectly located.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Shared bathrooms, small room and the breakfast was bit limited.

The hotel was perfectly located, centre of everything, by Lake Geneva, same road as the train station. Very clean and good price for Geneva.

I wouldn’t recommend anyone to spend the night here especially if you have asthma
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Obvious lack of cleanliness and comfort. The room was very dirty and it smells musty. The mattress was broken and thus I had a terrible night. The floor was also sticky and full of dirt and dust. I am young so I am used to hostels with poor comfort, but I have never saw such a dirty room for almost 90€ a night !

The staff was really nice and the location was great, just next to the main station of Geneva.

reasonable room for the price
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

furnitures including the bed and TV are quite old. toilet/shower room outside and is shared, feels like a hostel.

great location at a reasonable price.

The staff were extremely helpful and nice.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The staff were extremely helpful and nice. The lady staff on Sunday even helped me repacked some of my stuff in the lobby. All in all value for money.

Excellent location
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The elevator was really small, and the bathroom shared.

There is nothing that anyone could complain about the location. The hotel is simply near to everything you need!

Will come back again!
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

This was the first time for me to stay in this hotel. Was a bit worried about the fact that I had a room with shared shower and toilet. But everything worked out well and there was no problem at all. People in hotel are very nice, welcoming and ready to help. One of the biggest advantages is it is very calm in the hotel and you feel the usual street noise much less than in other places. Close to the main railway station Cornavin and a few steps away from the public transport.

Very basic hotel with shared toilets - but pleasant staff and it is very clean
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

As I checked out the bill was much higher than was quoted to me by Booking com when I booked but I did not have time to stay and dispute this. I do not think I will stay here again as their is no toilet in the room you have to use a shared facility - which again was very clean but it is a big drawback for this hotel. Avoid the "Brasserie" opposite the church which is in fact just a pizza place. They have been serving pizza since 1956 apparently. Well....what can I say? It is not Pizza as you and I know it. It was a pathetic little thing that was thick and soft and utterly dreadful....

As others have noted the staff are very nice people. The location about three minutes walk from Gare Cornavin is excellent. The price (but see also my other comments) is very low for Geneva. I had a room on floor two and clearly it had recently been repainted and was very clean. The bed was comfortable. Turn left out of the hotel and walk a few metres to a cafe (which is actually a small restaurant) where the Portuguese food is superb. Highly recommended.

Personnel were very nice.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Shared bathroom. Sinks did not have a cap. As a result running water made loud noise which could be heard from neighbor rooms. Breakfast included is nice, but the variety was missing.

Personnel were very nice. Location was excellent.

Good hotel, great staff!
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The bathroom facilities are quite basic, and shared.

Very flexible and friendly staff. Although the facilities are quite basic, all my preferences were taken into account by the staff, which made a big difference and made it a pleasant stay overall. I will definitely come back to Hotel St Gervais next time I'm in Geneva.

Very bad future we will avoid this property
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Room was small bathroom have no doors only curtains were there. Lift was too small. Third bed was provide without cot. So one person have to sleep on floor

Near to market

ok
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

One thin pillow in the room is not very generous for the price charged.

Good location. Nice staff - I was given another pillow when I asked. Breakfast was OK. Shared toilet downstairs was fine.

Poor value for the price
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Very small rooms. Cramped double room for 2 people. Very loud and people up slamming doors after midnight. Expensive for the room we got. No top sheet. Room was extremely warm even with heat off and windows open.

Check in/check out very smooth and spoke English. Included breakfast was a good assortment of breads, croissants, Nutella, honey, and jams, yogurt, coffee/tea and orange juice. WiFi worked well.

Very good location.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Small room and showers not in the room.

Very good location. In 5 minutes you were by the lake. Nice breakfast and very good staff, available to help at any time. Especially Idajet a very helpful and generous lady. Thank you so much for making my Saturday!

A good value if you dont mind sharing a bath.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The shared bathrooms are clean and there are not too many rooms accessing them. That said try to avoid staying on the first floor - the shower room is very tiny and it is good advice to use second floor shower as it is much bigger and more functional. Also the first floor rooms can be noisy if you like to sleep with the windows open. Otherwise this is a good place to choose.

This is a good place to stay as it is well located in the city center with good access to almost all public transportation. The staff is lovely and the rooms clean and functional. Internet was good. I would stay again.

Location was brilliant for me.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Location was brilliant for me. So handy to train station and comfortable walking distance to the sites I wanted to visit. Staff really friendly and welcoming and I was given lots of helpful information when I arrived

Very comfortable bed.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Very comfortable bed. Good towels. Everything very clean. Soap & shower gel provided. Despite having to share shower & toilet, it was not with many other people, and they were very close to the bedrooms. Excellent breakfast, included in price.

Great location!
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Very good location and the room was comfortable enough. Simple breakfast was provided but it was delicious. The lady receptionist was extremely friendly and provided great information upon checking in. Get the transport pass from the counter and you can travel around Geneva (even to the airport) for free! The tram was just across the hotel - Coutance, just one stop away from main station Cournavin (also known as Geneve station).

Close to Geneva main railway station, guests get a day-pass...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Shared WC rather unclean, small rooms, unconfortable beds...

Close to Geneva main railway station, guests get a day-pass for public transport in Geneva

Very friendly staff, good location in the centre
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

the building is old and used, paying 115.- CHF for an old room with toilet and shower on the floor is outrageous....

Very friendly staff, good location in the centre

Great location. Very Noisy with Slamming doors all evening. Not a lot to rave about here.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Horrendously noisy - constant slamming of doors from about 6pm, including that slamming of the bathroom door opposite my room. This noise impacted my enjoyment immensely. I wanted to relax in my room at the end of a long day sightseeing by foot, but it was just so irritating to have to put up with that slamming door and echoing voices. Breakfast was basic - mainly selection of breads - and served in the reception area - which is ridiculous... eating where the receptionist sits and having to be party to phone conversations whilst eating breakfast. No hairdryer. Pokey room - like an attic. Sink in room, but a shared bathroom right opposite my door.

Great location - in the heart of town. Easy walk to old part of the town and the lake front. Easy to get to by public transport, easy to get to airport. But not a lot to rave about other than that. Elevator to higher floors - although it was the size of a small single wardrobe. Staff are helpful and nice enough.

This place is well located and friendly, but definitely not luxury.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The bed was small for two people and incredibly uncomfortable (this says a lot coming from me, because I can sleep anywhere). Also, the room had no ventilation except for a small window overlooking a busy, loud street. In the morning, we were about 10 minutes late for breakfast (we didn't know what time breakfast was over), and they wouldn't feed us. Did offer coffee though.

The staff gave us advice of places to go see and how to get there. They also gave us free transport cards for the day.

The staff was so polite and kind!
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The staff was so polite and kind! The breakfast was super awesome! This is a really nice place to stay and it's close to the Geneva railway station.

Nice place for a short stay
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The shared shower was very small and the walls are very thin so it's easy to hear loud/noisy neighbours.

Nice breakfast with good coffee, friendly staff and very good location.

proximity to the railway station.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The room doesn't qualify for a hotel room. It is a small cage with bed and sink. Very noisy at night. Also, some personnel is more occupied with personal cellphone calls than with accommodating arriving gests. We have to wait about 15 min just for the reception gentlemen to finish his very important personal phone call before he even glanced in our direction.

proximity to the railway station. Breakfast was limited, but good. Staff is friendly although not too accommodating

Location perfect
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Shower was really not usable. Alot if noise from downstairs at night and morning? from staff which is difficult when you are tired from travelling.

Location, clean , friendly and helpful

Breakfast was adequate, staff very friendly.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

For the money I paid, the room was very small and very basic. Also, I knew what I was getting into when making the booking (about the shared toilet) but I don't think I'll do this ever again.

Breakfast was adequate, staff very friendly.

The Hotel St.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The Hotel St. Gervais had a major plumbing problem. However they handled the problem with great ease and grace. The hotel deserves Kudos for their efforts.

The price is justified by the fact that you are in Geneva....
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The bed was very small for 2 (normal size) adults... Plus, it's not their fault but it was very hot during our stay in GE and we only got a noisy fan who didn't help much in refreshing the room, we were on the pre-last floor, pretty hot and not hard to breath. We couldn't sleep due to the heat and light isolation between one room and another.

The location and the assistances provided by the owner/manager of the hotel

Perfect location - safe & easy walking to central train station and the lake, friendly staff
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Super friendly staff and very helpful. Have the best ever coffee shop 2 doors along the street, and a street market around the corner on Saturdays, very charming!

Excellent location. Good value
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I totally forgot to check in advance if there's A/C. There isn't and there was a heat wave in July. Not much fun if you suffer from heat.

Night staff were extremely helpful and nice. Great advices for going around the city and how to get to places. Morning staff were a delight in the morning.

Disgustingly awful place to stay, and overpriced
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Bathroom was disgusting, room was size of a closet, couldn't open windows in room, was way too hot, dingy, dusty, tiny, and the elevator couldn't even fit two people with a couple luggage bags. It's pretty insane that such a nightmare of a hotel was $115 a night!

Location excellent for transport into and around Geneva and...
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Room is cramped and SO HOT in summer. We are Australian, used to heat but the nights here were terrible. Shared shower and no floor drainage meant water pooled on bathroom floor. New shower screens needed, and a mop and bucket to clean the floor if you don't want to paddle!

Location excellent for transport into and around Geneva and reception staff were always helpful. Nearest to budget accommodation with own room we could find close to the station.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Perfect city break
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Very nice and helpful hosts, open and thoughtful, good quality for money, lovely breakfast, the hotel is situated in the very centre of the city, near the main train station still it's not too loud, it's clean and well maintained, excellent for a short city break.

Hotel with a great central location, friendly staff but only good for one night stay maximum!
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

There was no air flow in the room so the room was hot and still throughout the whole night, we opened the window but it just meant the noise outside from the busy street was amplified. It'd be nice to be offered a fan (although we didn't ask to see if one was available). The double bed was quite small and hard, so it's ideal if you just need somewhere to crash for one night. There are quite a few floors to this hotel which means you should be ready to walk up alot of stairs - or stand in a very small and compact lift! Price was high given it was a fairly basic small double room but I guess that's to be expected in Geneva.

The location is great, a short walk from the main train station and you can easily walk down to the river. The staff were incredibly friendly which was a nice touch after travelling for a few hours. The shower had some good pressure to it too! The breakfast was good, lots of selection of pastry and breads with a variety of jams. While the price was high - it was the best value for money, relatively speaking. You may struggle to find other rooms that are cheaper than this!