Reviews of Swiss Star Zurich Airport

Obstgartenstrasse 22/24, 8302 Kloten, Switzerland

#5 of 5 hotels in Kloten

Based on 3010 apartment reviews

No wifi! No bedside lamps. Taps very stiff.

It's great value for money. A 20 minute easy walk to the airport just following the sign posted cycle path. It's really hand for an early morning departure where staying near the airport is the best option. The shower is excellent and the bed comfortable. It is basic but if you're just after a clean room, bed and a great shower then it's a good choice. Use the google maps (walking) guide on your phone to locate the apartments to avoid the 20 SFR taxi fare.

• Apartment (2 Adults)

It's all automatic system from check in and out, so if the problems happen, there's no one to help you. Try to send e mail or make phone call.

Reasonable price and nice facilities, Good location to go to the airport early. It just takes 20min on foot.

I would have liked to have tea/coffee making facilities. It was the first time staying at a venue without a reception desk. I didn't see the email containing the door code before I arrived, so I had to call the emergency number for them to let me in remotely.

For a budget type room, it was more spacious than I expected and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom also exceeded my expectations. Large shower, good water pressure.

The lack of dining option.

The automated check-in procedure was incredibly nice and efficient. Being and IT enthusiast, I like less and less human interactions. I also like that it within walking distance to the airport which was exactly what I needed and the price was great.

It wasn't clear I needed to key in the last 6 or 7 digits of my booking in order to get access in the building and the room, fortunately another guest was there when I arrived and explained to me.

• Apartment (2 Adults)

It's in range of cheepest at times

It's huge corridors building with the fires doors between long corridors. Rooms are small and packed on West and South side so it's extermy hot and without air in summers temperature goes up 10degrees. While in winter makes it good cos it's warmer.

• Apartment (2 Adults)

The fact I couldn’t get in, no one available to answer the call.

Didn’t get the proper code to access (the one I had didn’t work) so spent 40 min in front of if the property at night before I managed to get it sorted on the phone. Also the room had rather unpleasant smell.

• Apartment (2 Adults)

Shatter window couldn’t open so we very felling hot & uneasy ask the man who was their he ask to cal on phone & as it was Saturday office was close

It was near to airport & transport was also near

Despite registering before hand, the codes did not work at the door. We booked a room with a kitchen but were given a room without. We were moved without complaint however the second room had a broken bed.

• Apartment (2 Adults)

You have to retrieve your key from the outside by typing in the last 6 numbers of your confirmation code. This wasn’t said anywhere in the process, we luckily found a manager but if you didn’t you would have to hope someone else knew how. The rooms were fine. The pillows were not great. There was NO A/C which was AWFUL when we came in the summer time. It was almost impossible to track down someone who worked there. Also even with all terrible reviews the rating says “2.5 stars” so just be weary of what the rating actually means.

Hardly anything

none

a high tech facility in kloten close to the airport and major transportation. if you like ikea, you will like the gothic teutonic elegant simplicity of the swiss.

• Suite

No fans or air conditioning. Super hot. Misleading advertising. Hard to get into hotel with all the key codes. Poor instructions. Several people had troublle trying to get in the front door.

Clean and spacious

• Apartment (2 Adults)

Because the weather was good, we didn't needed fans but would be a good idea to provide that in summer.

Location good, Room big enough and comfortable beds, big Windows for fresh air, more than enough kitchen stuff to have breakfast and small meals, super clean, Easy to reach, Good connections for local transport, Lot of restaurants and supermarkets nearby :-D Our problem with toilet flush was also addressed immediately so all perfect !

• Apartment (2 Adults)

Hotel not manned. Management had not emailed our room number and door and we had a great deal of difficulty contacting anyone to help. Others had this problem also. Eventually someone turned up after another customer was able to make contact. I would be reluctant to book an unmanned hotel again.

Free washing machine and dryer for guests. Location. Separate shower instead of over bath. Kettle/jug in room for making tea. We carry our own tea bags.

• Apartment (2 Adults)

Could benefit from air conditioning but with an open window it made little difference.

Exceptional value for money. I was concerned about some of the reports I had read about the new keyless system but it is in fact very simple and very effective. The room is very clean and had everything that it advertised it had.

• Apartment (2 Adults)

No proper information on key collection which delayed our check in by almost an hour. No Ventilation or fan & rooms were very humid & hot.

Closeness to airport & connectivity through buses

• Apartment (2 Adults)

The check in should have been as flawless as the other Swiss Star locations, but this one presented challenges to many travellers. Better checkin instructions should be provided. Could not choose the room in a building with several holiday apartments.

Very good value for money, airport departure area accessible on foot in 20 min.

No one to ask for any thing required in the room. There was no guidance at all.

The place and office was neat and clean and location is at an excellent place.

• Apartment (2 Adults)

(1) It was quite warm in Zurich, the apartment could do well with at least a table fan. (2) Cleaning/House Keeping is done only once a week - with no apparent facility to dispose of the garbage. So after a couple of days, the garbage bin stinks. (3) The last bus from Airport departs at 6 pm. Thereafter, the only option is to walk (unless you want to pay for a taxi) to the facility.

The apartment is well stocked with utensils and cutleries. Bus stop is very near (But the last bus from airport is at 6 pm).

• Family Suite

Access to the property was terrible. The access was by keypad code, which in principle is fine. However the apartments keypad system was woeful. First, it involved two separate steps (a code to open doors and the machine-issue of the room number). It took pointless time to work out step two. Why the vendor doesn’t tell users by email and by clear signage on the building is beyond me. This is hopeless management. Other people I encountered checking in had the same problem. The next problem is that my partner tried the key code for the front door the morning we were to depart and it didn’t work. She had to phone me to let her in. Another customer I met had the same problem the day before. Outrageous. If you have an automated system (fine by me) it has to work properly and every time. This is a management problem. Management has failed to implement a workable automatic system. We met several people while we were there who were very agitated because they couldn’t access the building or their room. This is hopeless.

Location, near airport and shops, was good. The apartment was pleasant.

• Apartment (2 Adults)

Booked two rooms but i got only one room number on arrival. Then i wanted to go in this one room but someone else was already inside. So i stood there without a room. Luckily the cleaning ladies could help me find the manager and he gave us another room and the second room i booked. But he wasn't surprised i got only one room from the machine. But also he didn't care so other people arriving there with two or more booked rooms will have the same problem.

There was no reception and staff to help thanks to booking.com that u guys took full responsibility oyherwise not comfortable to stay if u dont knw anything about swiss

The amenities in the apartment..for that i would love to stay here always when in come..Migros and train station was on a walking distance that was juat perfect

• Apartment (2 Adults)

The entry to the apartment was a nightmare. I was given a code 02576. How on earth would I guess that to enter the apartment and the room I had to enter 2576 only. How can you be so careless and not give the exact code.

• Apartment (2 Adults)

It was really old and in need of an update; the shower drain was clogged so you could only turn the water on for one minute at a time and then you had to let it sit for 15 minutes while it drained; the check-in was confusing because it was automated and there were no employees onsite; and the TV was miniature.

It was very close to the airport; it was located in an area with tons of shops and restaurants; it had everything you need in terms of a kitchenette; the toilet was new; the bed was very comfortable; and the place was clean.

• Family Suite

too hot to sleep, no a/c, thick blanket, bathroom in one of the room, other room people need to come in my room to the bathroom, better outside the bedrooms.

everything up to style, clean, better than some 3 star hotel room.

Was the worst experience of my whole trip.You had to call them as the code doesn't work.it was a while before the call went through. Finally when i did manage to check in,i found i had been given a room instead of the APARTMENT i had paid for. It was evening ,and finally after an hour my call went through .When i said i wasn't allotted the room i had paid for,the response was::" YOU ARE FREE TO CHECK OUT IF YOU WANT, THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO ".,I told him i was a solo female traveller,and only rightlyfully asking for what i had paid for he said his answer was the same, i should check out. If he had just appolized, or even offered me some options, i would have let it go,The TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT attitude was shocking and appalling. Also, the WIFI ust DOESN'T work. In a super efficient country, they are a very poor representative.

Was clean and spacious.

• Apartment (2 Adults)

It was extremely hot and there were not even fans, so I had four horrible nights. It was very noisy outside and because the windows needed to be opened, you would here peolple talking very loud till 01:00 AM and you could smell the cigarettes. This smell was also in the hallway. I had to call twice for my parking lot to be arranged. Both times I was promised that my name would be on a spot, but it wasn't. There should be better instructions for the check in. Once those are clear, the rest is quite easy.

The location is close to the airport

Check in was complicated, after hours number goes to voice mail and unless you actually listened past it saying that the office is now closed, you would not get the number to call for back up and support. The instructions state to look for a "Key box" there is no one key box, there is a key pad. the wording should be changed to reflect that there are key pads on every room door. The group of men that gathered downstairs near my car and watched my every move. House keeping woke me up at 0730 am and then knocked on my door another 2 times before 11 am to see if I had checked out. The first time they knocked, they opened the door with their key as it took me a few seconds to get wake up and get to the door. You need another way of working out if your guests are still in the room or not.

Nice new room.

A little problem with receipt of room number, but it was solved in very smooth way by owners

Clean and tidy room. Good location for by-pass travellers. No any problems with room interior

I did just get the cod to the front door and the door for the room. So I thought I got it. But when I was there tired traveling almost 22:00 o'clock 10 pm Then I realized I didn't get the rom number, which felt terrible. I've alredy paid also and the office phone didn't answer that time. I was just temprery in Switzerland that evening so I hadn't got any extra payment for my phone to work that evening. The same with the internet. Wondering if I had to sleep on the street even tough I had alredy paid. I used my phone soo now there is a VERY expencive bill to pay for internet and phone. Swiss apartment finallly answered on e-mail. You need to put the room number on the information not just the code!!! There was another girl that had the same experience.

good room

• Family Suite

They wanted me to send them my credit card number so they can charge me for the parking. They didn’t give me the room number in advance and And the machine at the front door didn’t work. So I was stuck in front of the building with no employees on Sunday afternoon with two kids.

Wifi was good and rooms are big and clean

The system to collect the keys (which disappeared during my stay). The cleaning of the room apparently happens once per week, so if you stay 5 days, forget about it. I was having an iron in my room, but the plug wasn’t fitting the socket. And no adapter was available.

Great location, recently renovated

• Apartment (2 Adults)

The automatic system to enter the hotel did not work as we were sent wrong information. We tried to figure it out our for 30 minutes and finally had to call for help (which cost us a lot).

Basic but functional amenities

• Apartment (2 Adults)

When I booked my hotel, i did not know that the hotel did not had a rep desk and it was very difficult to get hold of someone on the phone because I had no service on my phone and there was no one who could help me. When i did finally got to my room, my room was dirty, there were trashy everywhere, bed-sheets were dirty, and i called the apartment and after 3 hours someone came but i was still not happy with the stay, but i did not wanted to leave to due already paying for the hotel. Over all my stay at the hotel was 2/10.

The comfy beds, and the bathroom

• Apartment (2 Adults)

Careful that as it has no reception, you have to call customer care every time there is a problem. The checkin process did not work for us and we had to connect to customer care which took time to get our room keys

It was very clean and tidy. The wifi is excellent. It is very close to the airport

• Apartment (2 Adults)

-The automated check in was not working properly. -Every guest had to call the helpline number -Iron was not as per the swiss sockets

Clean Near the airport

• Family Suite

Very Risky Place if anything happens at night as their is no HUMAN Presence. Even if their is any medical or any other Emergence then there is no Local Connection their must be a receptionist for the Safety. Also their is no telephone this is WORST.

Place is well organized clean best location but i don't see any reason why their is no RECEPTIONST ? THEIR MUST BE SOME LOCAL HELP TO THE GUEST.

Problem with check in - my code didn’t work I must 3 time calls to service and asked about new room My room wasn’t ready (around 15) and cleaning lady is coming at 15:30 and finish cleaning I have an argument with cleaning ladys - why I check in around 15:30 when room wasn’t ready (maybe I should wait outsite) I payed for room with kitchen- it was only room without

Big Room

The key code system didn’t work. Another guest who has stayed several times told me was common problem. It took several telephone calls and nearly 1 hour to check in!

Room was clean, modern and comfortable.

It was not possible to get my key from the locker. After calling the 7x24h hotline nobody picked up the phone. After several times of trying sombody told me the necessary information to be able to enter the room. After a working day nearly at 21:00 o´clock it is not really the procedure I would expect to get the key for my room.

The host did not clearly tell me the right adress. There are more than one house. With the digital key I could enter the house, which was first the wrong one. With the same key I could enter the right one. For roomnumber and entrance digital key I had to call.

I booked the room via booking com, which was very simple. The room itself was like expected and described.

to pick up the room number was very difficult, no one answered on phone, the provided key-locker didn't work, for me and for other guests. Wifi-signal was very weak on the 4th floor - no chance to connect. no light switch near the bed

very comfort bed good shower

• Apartment (2 Adults)

Automatic Check-in does not worked and there was nobody to help us. The hotline provided for help only work during working hours so we kept wating on the door till fortunatelly somebody came and helped us. It looks that is common the automatic check-in don’t work... The accomodation smelled a bit like steam

Location and price.

Nothing much.

I love how clean and modern the rooms were. It appears the rooms have been recently renovated. The beds are comfortable and we appreciated the cooking utensils available to us for use.

Some customer service staff are not polite to reply to related questions , Even impatient. The back door is always open and is not controlled by security. It is very inappropriate for customer safety.

Finding a way to get into the room is a way disaster. Wrong key code!! Wrong building number!!! No one to contact!! the number provided is is actually not 7/24. If you arrive late and contact, it tells you, we are able to answer you due to call received outside of working hour. If not disappointed, you have to let the answering machine finishes the same passage in 3 different languages and then realize that by pressing 6 you may be able to get a guy to answer your request. On my arrival, there were 5 passengers with the same problem and wondering what they have to do in order to access into their room after long flying hours!!! Eventually, all had to switch their rooms because of wrong key code!! I can not imagine what could happen for some one that has no active cell phone line!! this is the first property that shows up in booking when you search for Zurich airport!!! So, it is not about reasonable price!!

Very Clean and spacious room

• Family Suite

They changed our booking at the end with two small rooms instead of 1 family room. This was a bit inconvenient since we have two small children but we just stayed for one night and it was ok at the end.

Very convenient for a sleep over at the airport. We could reach it on foot from Zurich Airport (15 mins walking). Collection of the keys was straight forward.

Of course a “traveler” would be tired!! It is very warm in the building’s foyer which would exacerbate the traveler’s uncomfortableness. The instructions at the inside keypad (entrance 24) is unclear; “last five numbers”. Last five numbers OF WHICH SET OF NUMBERS?! You email the business in attempt to save money on your phone plan. You wait twenty minutes, no response; sweating profusely. You call the business’ number that is listed in the email and posted in the foyer (it is the same number), “twice”, while attempting to follow the computer generated voice response. Still No Reward. You wait several more minutes, still no returned email. You call again. This time you wait through all the prompts; FINALLY, you speak with a human. “Oh sorry. I was going to call you but you beat me....” He apologized for the oversight of his colleague sending me the incorrect email. Turns out, one of the series of numbers 😐 was the access code for the room. Ah yes! Which room? He verified the access code with me and verbally provided the room number.

The room was pristine. The mattress VERY comfortable. The automatic access panel for unlocking the door. THE SHOWER!!!!!!🤤🤤🤤

- The WiFi connection was almost not present in my room (room 401): I had to move close to the entrance door to keep the signal. - There was no kitchen or staff for cooking (even no kettle, nothing!) while the description on booking.com said the opposite. - There was no reception and the procedure to have the key is simply crazy. They send you a "room code" which you will NEVER use since the code to enter the building and the room is the last 5 digit of your booking number with booking. At the entrance there is a key box where you keep a badge, but you will never use it since the entrance is permitted only with the 5 digits I explained above.

The position, close to the airport, was what I was looking for and the room itself was nice, bright and well isolated from the noise.

A few minor contras: - The keycode system is quite confusing. There's a keycard that's supposed to be retreived, but it's not even used for anything. - The Wifi range is not very good - Since there is no reception, a credit card is your only payment option (as far as I know)

This accomodation really shines in the aspects that are the most important for a short stay, when the only thing you really need is a place to sleep and clean yourself. To put it short: + The bed(s) are very comfortable + The shower cabinet is quite big, includes an interior light and there's a large showerhead that's fantastic to use + The room looks tidy and clean and has plenty of space for all your luggage to store. It includes an iron and ironing board too + It's only about 15 minutes away from the airport on foot – not too far away, but also not too close to hear airplanes take off and land all the time. Right in the sweet spot + All of this for a very affordable price (60€ for 1 night in my case) I enjoyed my stay and didn't spend too much. That's what really matters to me. Very much worthy to recommend.

• Apartment (2 Adults)

Everything else. Tv didn't work, bedside lamp didn't work, tiny room, no way to contact assistance and ask for these things to be fixed unless it's an 'emergency'. The room is smaller than a Travelodge room, so to brand it as an apartment is a joke.

Location to airport

• Apartment (2 Adults)

Room was a bit hot could not find air conditioner. No hostess made it hard if we had any issues. Ie parking, Turning down heat etc.

Extremely close to the airport. Clean and easy to access once you know the code. Found an amazing restaurant nearby Rolie’s steakhouse, highly recommend!

• Apartment (2 Adults)

The instructions should have been clearer regarding how to enter the code to access the key to the room. Specifically, I didn't see anything that indicated that one has to enter a "pound"-sign ("#") along with the numbers. Eventually I was able to access the box with the key by randomly entering a "pound"-sign.

The price and proximity to the airport were excellent. The room was also pleasant.

• Apartment (2 Adults)

Before check out time they opened the door without knocking while I was changing and getting ready to leave.

Nice location, nice rooms and easy check in

I only discovered yhe next morning from another guest that the wifi was on a board next to the door. Entering the one door wasn't clear as the machine wasn't working

Although there were mugs, there was no kettle, one glass was missing. The revamp is fantastic. Location is convenient and within walking distance of shop. Kloten is conveniently close to the airport. 3mins by bus

• Apartment (2 Adults)

Key / access system didn't work on arrival; no manual service; other guests had the same problem. Called venue but not answer on phone. After a lot of trouble, another guest and I finally managed to get service by phone who gave us new access code.

Very cheap last minute deal! Good value for money! Convenient walking distance from the airport!

• Apartment (2 Adults)

this is a non smoking facility = however , there is a heavy smell of smoke in the corridor and if you are unlucky and have a room on the ground floor , the smoke gets in as many our smoking out side. Internet is very slow in any standard - good for email but anything else , including loading news pages takes ages

great location for business - very close to the airport - a short ride by bus or a 10min walk. Very clean and large room with a shower and large TV with lots of channels

No reception desk. I had trouble working out how to get into the room. I eventually found someone who was able to help. Once in the room I found that there was no tea or coffee. I had no hot water in the morning, although the previous night was lovely and hot. It was quite noisy outside through the night. However, the room was clean and warm.

Not much.

There was a funny smell in the room. When I opened the trash it was full with beer cans, flies and stinking rotten food from the previous guest. How well did they clean the rest of the rest of the room? Absolutely disgusting. Never again.

• Apartment (2 Adults)

Poor communication with the hotel, had an issue where I received wrong keys to a room where someone was aleeady staying in. Had to call support to solve that issue

The free WiFi and the bed

• Apartment (2 Adults)

i spent some time on looking for key box and getting my key card for the room. but anyway, it's a good choice for its convenience.

close to the airport and market

• Apartment (2 Adults)

There was no double bed option and the single beds were quite narrow.

The apartment was bigger than expected, very clean, and well equipped. It was a straightforward 15 minute walk to the airport.

• Apartment (2 Adults)

Very near to the Zurich Airport. Almost late for my early morning flight by waking up late. Fortunately, the hotel is very near to the airport and have a self-check-in and check-out machine really save time.

• Apartment (2 Adults)

A shuttle bus service from the airport would have been nice, but it only cost about 7 CHF by uber.

The hotel is very close to the airport. We had a 12h layover in Zurich and the suite worked nicely as a comfortable and acceptably clean. They sent us a key code which gave us access to the front gate, a key box with our key to use the room, and the room itself. There were no staff on hand to assist but everything was pretty self-explanatory.

• Apartment (2 Adults)

TV was cabled but not working at all. The room was rightover the stairs so every other guest crosses the audible range late evening or early morning (they shouldnt rent this room)

• Apartment (2 Adults)

There is basically NO parking near the property and this fact was not clearly communicated when booking. Kitchen had very basic equipment, no sponge and dish washing tools, no cutting knifes, little things that would have made the stay more convenient.

clean room, nicely decorated, well equipped (except for kitchen),comfortable beds, very close to airport, good windows that kept noise from road and air traffic out, good blinds that are badly needed to protect from very bright street lights.

• Apartment (2 Adults)

In the morning the maid bumped into me and my partner, she got scared out and then vanished.We got scared, too. It was far early to check out... There was no washing detergent available for doing the dishes so we had to leave the sink dirty...

• Apartment (2 Adults)

Tv did not work There was stains on the bed And exposed electrical wires in bathroom Check in person very rude on the phone he was horrible and rude

Fridge in room Great food not too far away Great value

• Apartment (2 Adults)

there wasn't any information prior to arrival about the check in process - i figured it out in the end (after calling their helpline) but it would have been good to get an email up front to explain how to retrieve the keys and get into the room

great value close to the airport

• Apartment (2 Adults)

Room was near the front door so quite a bit of noise as people came and left at all hours.

code for check in emailed and worked fine, 15 minute walk from airport

• Apartment (2 Adults)

We tried to contact the propriety but we received email too late in one case. We tried to call them but they have a useless hotline. We arrived at check in time at the propriety but the Keys were not ready...

Nice double room 5 mins taxi from the Airport, and 3 mins from Kloten Train station. With internet.

• Apartment (2 Adults)

Procedure for getting the keys can be frustrating and is poorly explained. House is currently being worked on, the corridors feel like you walk in a construction zone. Both elevators not working at the moment. Internet is available free of charge which is good but unfortunately stops working very often when streaming videos on YouTube for example. Speed itself is good but the frequent dropouts are very annoying

Close to the airport and quite affordable for Zurich. Kitchen available and clean, bathroom ok. Free Wifi available

• Apartment (2 Adults)

Notifications (in english) how to find a room in the current situation. There is an ongoing construction, elevators don't work and some stairs are closed. I could not find my room and had to call the host (but they were quick to help me).

Big room! Especially good for those travelling with pets. We had two cats with us and they also enjoyed. We only spend the night as we had a 10 hour layover and couldn't leave the cats on the airport. Taxi ride takes two minutes!

• Apartment (2 Adults)

I would have liked a piece of soap that didn't break, and a small sample of shampoo. That would have made the apartment slightly more hotel-like, but who wants to carry gels these days?

A 1.1 km walk to the airport: I needed the exercise after the long flights.

• Apartment (2 Adults)

It took me quite a while to find the key code. I was lucky I met some other people that resolved this puzzle before me. I looked up my booking confirmation email and I found the instruction but it was buried somewhere among some other text I never read. Key code number should be on top of everything readily available for ignorant people like me..

Position. Very close to the airport. The price is good for the value.

Browse Swiss Star Zurich Airport traveller photo gallery