Reviews of Hotel Krebs Interlaken 4 stars

Bahnhofstrasse 4, 3800 Interlaken, Switzerland

#26 of 51 hotels in Interlaken

• Superior Twin Room

No A/C . Very noisy early morning because of the trash picking . Extra bed was very uncomfortable . . Also check in time is very late compared to other hotels .

• Standard Twin Room

our room faced the main road and it was a bit noisy, but the double glazing did help reduce this.

we had a very large comfortable room at the front of the hotel with good views to the Jungfrau. The breakfast was excellent and all the staff were very helpful. It also had a well stocked bar and a good restaurant.

• Standard Twin Room

Nothing could have been better. We were even given a bigger room.

The staff were very helpful. The room very clean. Toiletries good quality and they provided everything, incuding toothbrush and toothpaste. Room service excellent. We ordered dinner when my husband was not well and the food came up very quickly and was cooked to perfection. Not a wide selection but very good quality. Extra pillows provided on request. We felt really comfortable. Breakfast was good with a good selection of bread and the usual breakfast items. I enjoyed the fresh fruit provided daily.

• Standard Twin Room

The breakfast could be better

The room was good sized, and decorated well! The shower in the bathroom had some malfunction but their staff provided us the keys to another room to use the shower and fixed it the next morning. The staff was very welcoming and always smiling. Breakfast was a little hit and miss but it was not too bad. The location is close to the rail station and everywhere is a walking distance. We enjoyed our stay here

• Standard Twin Room

I like the stuff very nice and very polite

Breakfast should be more mex food with defferanf type of eggs Rice very bad People complaining but the no respond from the manager

• Standard Twin Room

Hmmm the parking is not connected with the reception. They should have a concierge service in future if they want to improve and work on their reputation

• Standard Twin Room

Perfect location as it is very close to the Interlaken Ost train station make it easier to travel around Switzerland. The halal restaurant are just a stone thrown away. My family and I are satisfied with the room and the breakfast they served. and we like the small toblerone chocolate they put on the bed when we check in.

• Standard Twin Room

- the staff. unfriendly and tough. - unfriendly hotel to handicap people. - they let me sign a paper upon checking in, if the fire alarm work by mistake I will pay 500 CH - the breakfast is very limited

-the location. near the train station and city center. -they give me upgrade.

• Standard Twin Room

Upon arriving we were met with the receptionist who was arrogant rude not willing to answer even basic questions and give some guide line about Interlaken only said it’s not her job and told us go to tourist information She had given us a single key card for the room and the next day when my wife asked for another she was not willing or happily doing it It’s the first time in our world travels we met someone like this She is just too busy beautifying herself

Location and room size and yes the Japanese lady at the breakfast was just awesome loving

• Superior Single Room

I did not like that there are different prices for the same room depending on how many people stay there. And it’s a significant difference! $80 to add a person? That’s ridiculous!

• Standard Twin Room

The computer in the lobby is from the Jurassic age. Don’t count on it even to check your email, forget any computing. Google gave up on it a long time ago and my gmail would not even load. Spoilt the image of an otherwise perfect hotel.

Upgraded us to a junior suite and the room was ready when we arrived. Great view of the Alps from our room. The hotel is on the Main Street and walkable distance to most attractions. Staff was courteous and helpful. Walking distance from the train station which is a boon in Switzerland where you almost pay the price of a car as taxi fare!!😀 Graet place with a decent restaurant.

• Standard Twin Room

Excellent location and very helpful staff. Great gluhwein and the best fondue ever. We really enjoyed our three night stay here. Breakfast good too. I would definitely recommend Hotel Krebs and would stay here again.

• Standard Twin Room

Food menu not elaborate for Indian food or continental veg food was missing. Breakfast service was good but limited choice for veggies had to survive on fruits and flakes.

The view from room was amazing. Jungfrau view. With balcony. Very close to interlaken west. Everything I liked in hotel. Staff is very very courteous and helpful. Made out stay amazing.

• Superior Twin Room

A beautiful, cosy hotel in a stunning town. Staff were extremely friendly and welcoming, food was great, bedrooms were lovely and comfortable with a nice view of the mountains ... everything was amazing. 2 minutes from the train station.

• Standard Twin Room

This is a well maintained classic hotel. Very convenience to the Interlaken West train station. Staffs are helpful. Breakfast is fantastic and many choice of food and drinks.

• Standard Twin Room

The ventilation fan in the bathroom was always on and this created a high pitched whistling sound when the bathroom door was closed which was a a little annoying when trying to sleep. It was easily remedied by jamming a small piece of card at the base of the door to allow a small amount of airflow through. We had no other issues whatsoever and slept soundly every night.

Lovely warm Hotel in perfect location to public transport, shops and restaurants. Our room was on the top floor, was a really good size with sofa and a table and a few chairs also. It was very quiet and suited us perfectly. The breakfast was excellent with a wide variety of options and the service team were most pleasant and polite. Language was not a problem as all the staff we spoke to knew English also.

• Standard Twin Room

Very close to railway and bus station. Loved the fact that they had a small sitting room attached to the bedroom. And spacious bathrooms. Very friendly and accommodating staff . Worth another trip.

• Standard Twin Room

Bed pillows were uncomfortable caused me nick pain. The breakfast is below average and when I requested a pancake I was told that they are too busy to prepare it. I was asked to sign a paper upon check in to keep the bathroom floor dry however there was a water leakage in the shower room which caused frustration.

Location, the reception lady who works in the morning was helpful and supportive

• Superior Twin Room

We were in room 306 and the carpet had quite a few dirty marks - quite off putting. The first night my wife found long dark hairs on the bed. Not pleasant. We mentioned the dirty carpet to reception and they offered to move us to another room but because we were only getting back late that day we were told it couldn’t be done after 3 pm so we had to stay in room 306. They said they would get the carpet cleaned but they didn’t.

Hotel is in a good location, close to the station. Excellent half-board menu - cannot fault the quality of food and service at dinner. Breakfasts were very good too - there was a good selection of food.

Really nothing.

What a great place to stay! Right in the centre of Interlaken, with a balcony overlooking the main street from our room Room was perfect, breakfast was lovely, staff could not have been nicer. In the morning, we asked about driving to Grindelwald and Lauterbrunnen, and we were not only advised to take the train and see many more places, but we could also leave our car in the hotel car park for free for the whole day. I cannot recommend this hotel and it's wonderful staff enough and it is now my 'go to' when I visit Interlaken again.

• Standard Twin Room

Breakfast selection was poor Mattress was uncomfortable From a 4star would expect porter to take luggage to room upon arrival

The traditional look The location very near to station And plenty of restaurants nearby

• Standard Twin Room

No concierge or proter to help you with luggage especially am having knee and hand injury. This hotel has the worst staff working in reception. I have traveled to more than 30 cities and hotels and I had never dealt with such staff in 4 stars or even 3. They are really rude. Once arrived the hotel at 12 pm I didn't recognize the reception cause it was so small to 4 stars hotel and also because the only lady reception staff in that time was working behind the desk in counting money rather than welcoming guests. She behaved so rude and spoke loadly to wait and saying that check-in is at 3pm not now!!! By email we asked the hotel for early check-in and they confirmed that and also agreed to give us free room upgrade but she didn't give herself any chance to listen to me or check system. Finally, she found that the room already prepared for early check-in and ready for us but she insist just to refuse and saying no all the time for anyting without any reason during that time (our arrival time)! The room was so old with damaged bed's base with Handicapped toilet!! We were intending to change the hotel because of the horrible beginning and bad room. I didn't sleep well the first night at all and there was mosquitos or insects. As per our request in the first day, Diane has changed the room for us, however, the next day. It was the best view room with balcony, despite the old and scratched funitures. The breakfast not bad. Once checked-in the hotel will provide you the key with a strange long list rules with a lot of fees and penalties!! So be ready to be horrified from the start date!

The location was so great, next to West Train station and many public buses. The free transportation card given by the hotel. The view of the room was spectacular and amazing for the mountains and nice houses around with big blue sky and the main Interlaken road and its shops and the people walking around. The reception has only two great staff; Diane and the gentle man in afternoon/evening shift. The hotel provide us an iron the whole stay. Free Wifi and it was good.

Rude and harsh staff and the reception, not intending to help at all The alarm went on in the middle of the night and nobody at the reception was willing to explain what was going on! Rooms were noisy Uncomfortable pillows Definitely not going there again

A great selection of teas coffee and chocolate complimentary in the room

The information paper regarding the rules and fines. We have not come across this at any hotels we have visited.

The location is excellent. Very close to the west train station and the shops also. The room was clean and comfortable.

• Standard Twin Room

There was no airconditioning. It was fairly hot during our stay, and despite the fan in the room we found it difficult to sleep well. The beds are not that big and not that comfortable. Overall I would classify this as a three star hotel rather than four star.

Best of all is the location, at walking distance of the Interlaken West train station in a lively street at walking distance of all Interlaken centre shops and restaurants. The hotel has ample seating / dining opportunities on ground level with several restaurants and bars. The room was reasonably spacious but fairly dates. Breakfast was included and we liked that.

I was somewhat astonished on arrival to be told that any porter services and help with luggage were chargeable!! I have travelled all over the world and never ever come across this one. In fact the receptionist was most put out when I told him this was unusual to say the least, he thought it was normal to charge for help with luggage. Check out was a trial as well, the hotel had pre-authorised my credit card before we arrived and had lumped on all the rooms to one card instead of separating them as per the booking. It took ages for that to be sorted out.

The rooms were clean, I booked a junior suite, I got a room with a put you up bed at one end, hardly a suite junior or otherwise. Breakfast was a good buffet with other eggs on demand. Location is good , near the station and the centre.

• Standard Twin Room

Room temperature was little hot for which you have to open the window or hotel provided us the room cooler on third night which makes it little easy to sleep.

Room was excellent, only 2 minutes walking distance from Interlaken west from where we can catch the bus or train as per our plans. All the staff members were amazig, friendly, cooperative in providing all sort of information. Overall stay was excellent and highly recommended.

• Standard Twin Room

The room was rather warm. The da helped a bit but an AC would have been nice. Also the pillows were just too thin yo sleep on well.

The room was very nice and the overall interior design of the hotel was great.

• Standard Twin Room

The room we stayed is standard twin room w/ mountain view, where the backyard is just below. Everything is nice, just a bit noisy because they collect the beer bottles at night. But it's acceptable still, as Switzerlander love silence.

The location is really good -- close to train station and many restaurants around. But the restaurant of the hotel is worth a try -- nice food & value for money, cos they have discount for guest. I really love the coffee & tea in the bedroom.

• Superior Single Room

Minibar selection. Bathroom towels.

I was surprised that this property is rated 4-star. It was a little tired looking, the carpets just didn't seem that clean, the bathroom towels were so thin, you could barely dry yourself with them and the bathroom amenities were really basic, the minibar had two bottles of water in it and nothing else, the bed had one pillow thin... I didn't really feel like I got value for money.

• Standard Twin Room

Staff and the service was worst they had attitude because the hotel war completely booked. It was not my first choice it was my last choice. I couldn't find any other hotel. So you always get surprise.

• Superior Twin Room

The room was good sized but very warm and they had no facility for a portable A/C though they provided a fan. We had asked for a double bed but they gave us twin beds that kept shifting apart. Some staff were naturally helpful but some very non chalant in answering simple questions ...staff needs a firmer hand by management & better training in hospitality. Breakfast was a good spread but fruit was old & smelly and my husband got the worst omlette he's ever eaten. Pleasant looking restaurant but there were flies & they were unwilling to do anything about them..we stayed 5 days but did not enjoy breakfast at all. The restaurant for Dinner seemed nice but we did not try it.

Location was close to Interlaken West and to cafes & restaurants and some shopping. Bathroom was new and good sized. Lacoste shop accross the road had a very nice sales lady. Information at the west station had very helpful personnel. Very nice sushi restaurant; lovely tea room Confiserie Rieder ; good fish at Ox Grill; good south Indian & coastal food restaurant called Shanthi for a change (at Unterseen)... Unterseen had other good restaurants too; Victoria Jungfrau has a perfect setting for various meals... Recommend a journey in the little train to get to see more of interlaken in half an hour...

• Standard Twin Room

A tad bit expensive. No air conditioning in the room only fans. It did get quite hot during our trip and we were give fans only.

Great location. A 2 minute walk from Interlaken West Station.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Standard Twin Room

extra 50 euro per night charged to have an accessible shower. I had a nice room with a view but the shower was over the very high sided bath, and I was unable to climb into it. After changing me into a suitable room I was told of the $100 euro charge for 2 nights. The TV channels that were shown as English speaking were not tuned in. I was told this would be fixed for me, but they didn't do anything.

delicious breakfast

• Standard Twin Room

Location was next to the Train station West and lot restaurantsn shops are very close to the hotel. From our room we could look to the beauty of the mountain.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Superior Twin Room

The facility of hotel was limited and the bed wasn't comfortable for couples

The place was amazing and the stuff helped us quickly to get a room and they told us about the important places in interlaken which it makes us enjoy a lot

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

This did not appear to be a 4 star hotel. We booked a suite thinking we would have more room. Rooms were small with too many pieces of furniture in them... i.e. sofa, 2 chairs, table, desk/ TV stand..... cramped space did not leave much room for luggage and for 2 people to move around. The room was in need of updating - carpeting was stained and appeared dirty. Sofa was worn and uncomfortable to sit on.

Location was good. Staff was friendly. Bathroom was ok.

• Superior Single Room

It has excellent location just near to interlaken west station, the staffs are the best stuff I have ever meet in my country and abroad, they are soooo helpful.I wish to stay there again

• Superior Twin Room

Bathroom was dirty- pubic hair on the floor was not cleaned even after the first full day of our stay. Coffee was not refilled for the second morning of our stay.

Convenient location, very good service at reception and breakfast, spacious room.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

The common area such as the lobby and restaurant could be renovated to give it a fresher look.

Staff was great . Location is so near West station. Breakfast was wonderful. Room was newly renovated and spacious.

• Superior Single Room

There were no issues with this hotel.

An easy 5 minute walk from the West station. The staff was friendly and helpful, and provided suggestions for activities when the weather in the mountains was rainy. An older hotel that is completely comfortable and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

• Superior Single Room

Stairs were a problem in entrance and from lobby to elevator with luggage

The staff were wonderful and so helpful. Yolanda was very pleasant and catered to all my needs. Had injured my hand on train and she gave me a bandage and invited me to cocktail party for new owner that night.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• Standard Twin Room

Front rooms in hotel are in the old building which is rather noisy, floors creak.

Very good breakfast range including cooked food as well as traditional swiss breads and meats.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

• Standard Twin Room

Enjoyed our stay at Hotel Krebs. Lots of choice at the buffet breakfast, including fresh fruit, baked goods, eggs, bacon, cheese and yoghurt. Had two rooms, both were clean, bright and on the quiet side away from the main street. Centrally located, close to all the shops and restaurants. Parking was around the block in a paid underground lot but we were able to stop 15 minutes in front of hotel to unload and check in.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Superior Twin Room

Extremely friendly, welcoming and helpful staff. Beautiful room with modern finishes and fantastic views of the mountains. Convenient location to the Interlaken West train station.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Superior Twin Room

More hours for check out

The staffs were all very helpful, with the stay and with all questions about the attractions in Interlaken and aroung. The location was very good, only 5 minutes top walking from Interlaken West (and it's casual walk with big luggages) The breakfast was splendid, the foods were varied and delish! The room was spacious (and we even added 1 extra bed) The hotel was very close to shops and attractions around.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Standard Twin Room

Hotel Krebs was a comfortable hotel and the interior of rooms was very tastefully decorated with a modern almost luxurious feel. It had all the small but important touches of a very good 4 star property such as toiletries (even a shaver and sewing kit) and i liked that they provided instant hot chocolate among coffee/tea options you can make with the kettle provided in-room, also there was that complementary bottle of evian and another complementary sparkling water. Staff at the reception were extremely helpful with directions and they were enthusiastic with suggestions on itineraries in interlaken. Breakfast was very good with great selection of cold cuts like smoked salmon and trout. Location is near shops and eateries closer to west interlaken rail which is a nice side of town (which means you may need to transit at east interlaken rail station which is a short 3min bus/train ride away for some of your excursions). This is a hotel i will recommend and return to!

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Nil

Hotel is 3 min walk from Interlaken West station. Easily accessible. There are many restaurants and shops nearby. Christmas market is also within walking distance. Staffs are friendly and helpful. They helped us to arrange for our paragliding and provide us updates on the weather at jungfraujoch.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

• Standard Twin Room

The staff were fabulous, especially the waiter in the restaurant at dinner who was extremely professional yet friendly and attentive. Dinner was amazing, one of the best meals we have had in Switzerland.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• Standard Twin Room

Need to improve the staff and the facilities as we had to carry our luggage to our rooms ourselves. Major improvement required in BREAKFAST. Too less items plus not good as well.

Location! next to Interlaken West station so very convenient. The sitting area outside the hotel was very good and gives a perfect place and view of the small & beautiful Interlaken to sit after a tiring day and enjoy the night. The good part was that they upgraded one of our room to suit as we booked two rooms.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

• Superior Twin Room

Staff is not as friendly as expected. When I called the reception to ask about the sofa bed, they responded as if I was cheating them and hiding a third person in the room. In addition, even though the toilet glass is smoked; a curtain would be appreciated. We had a room in the back of the hotel and due to the proximity of buildings, we didn't feel we had enough privacy in the room of we opened the curtains. Last but not least, breakfast selection could be improved.

Hotel is located in center of city with many shops and restaurants around.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• Standard Twin Room

The room was a little dirty (rug & couch stained) floor squeaky, but the biggest disappointment was the bed. It was Very uncomfortable!

The hotel was centrally located and easy to find. The staff was friendly and cooperative.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

• Superior Twin Room

The location is super good and convenient. It is a stone throw away from the train station and its sits beautifully beside the main street. The room was clean and big, the hotel was really nice to free upgrade our room and the room became more spacious and toilet was very well equipped ,very clean and new. The staffs were all very polite and english speaking which made us very at home. They even gave us a farewell gift on our checkout which is really sweet of them. The design is cozy, homely and beautifully done up. Overall a place i would definately return if i were to go back to interlaken in future. Overall

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Standard Twin Room

Room was hot but it did have a fan. Couldn't open window due to outside noise. Double glazing Windows worked well.

Location. The room was lovely and all the little extras.

The reception staff were making fun of a guest who missed up the breakfast time, they kept laughing at him and making jokes because be was late!

The location is amazing, the hotel is clean and room size was fair enough, they provide fans, close to everything! هو فنص الشارع الرئيسي وعداله كل المطاعم والمحلات وسبرماركت صغير :)

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

I had 2 rooms and one of them was (room no.110) that had a serious water leakage problem coming from the bottom side of the toilet wall facing the bed.. so it was a disaster while taking a shower and required to keep a lot towels at the leakage side.

Location, breakfast, cleaniess, friendly staff, sitting outside area for breakfast, room lighting, caring about customervfeedback at tripadvisor.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Superior Twin Room

Room was forty when we arrived. A whole lot of dark long hair behind a chair. Lots of apologies but damage done. Hotel very old and nothing nice about it. Breakfast was 1/10. Not nice food. Staff tried but they don't have much to work with! I would rate it as a two star hotel if not one.

Absolutely nothing!

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Standard Twin Room

I believe that the owners guaranteed big numbers of customers because of the hotel location, that's why they ignored other services like the poor breakfast they provide and lack of staff , this type of hotels doesn't respect his customers and doesn't deserve to be visited again ! No air conditioning! No coffee machine (Nespresso) ! Bad wireless connection!

Location, but this might be bad because of the noise!

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Standard Twin Room

There is no AC but hey, the weather was nice and cool in August. They could improve the breakfast.

Very well located in the city centre, next to the train station. Extremely helpful staff and informative (special thanks to Ms.Anna Maria). Rooms 311 and 310 had very nice balcony to stay outside and smoke while enjoying the view.

• Reviewed: 15 July 2016

• Standard Twin Room

LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. When I was booking this hotel, there are many reviews complaining about their breakfast. I thoroughly enjoyed the comp breakfast, they may have made adjustments since those negative reviews, but I saw a large selection. Wonderful stay at Hotel Krebs.

Location is perfect.

• Standard Twin Room

Nice staff and good location.

This is not a 4 star hotel ! The beds were like camp cots, not even real beds. We got the junior suite and were so disappointed!

Same breakfast everyday.

Location just 2 minutes walk from train station. Room spacious, comfortable and spotlessly clean.

very nice hotel 5 stars 😍

Didn't dislike anything.

Location near lakes and mountains. Nice restaurant.

• Standard Twin Room

Excellent hotel in an ideal location, just 2 minutes walk from the station. Good selection of restaurants nearby.

• Standard Twin Room

Free room upgrade, clean, very delicious breakfast

• Standard Twin Room

Strange odor in the room, not matching 4 stars standard.

Close to station

• Standard Twin Room

Great location. Fabulous value for money.

• Standard Twin Room

It is very conveniently located and has amazingly large rooms by European standards. Breakfast is also good. Overall a great value for money hotel.

Best choice in Interlaken

• Standard Twin Room

Staff, they are not freidnly or helpful at all. Ruinning the hotel.

It was good.