Reviews of Gasthof Bären

Im Holz 370, 3804 Habkern, Switzerland

#3 of 4 hotels in Habkern

The location quite and peaceful only chose if you want to...

Connectivity from the hotel to Interlaken is poor no public transport available after 7 so only choose if you can complete your activity before 7 which is difficult and also it does not has a typical facility of a hotel should be ok for trekkers

The location quite and peaceful only chose if you want to enjoy the village setup in a foreign country

There was some sort of music festival that i could hear from...
    • Economy Single Room

There was some sort of music festival that i could hear from my room going on until 3am. Guests from the hotel i guess were there so very noisy when they came back as the doors/walla are very thin.

Owner not bothered. Tried to overcharge me.

They tried to overcharge me for a child @ SFr 40.00 per night. Booking.com intervened and then they recalled an email confirming a price of SFr 20.00 and then apologized. Initially they were very stubborn. The owner never bothered to smile or greet and was not pleasant during our entire stay. Except for the location, I would not recommend this place.

Despite a few negatives, I enjoyed my stay here. Staff were friendly and room was okay.
    • Single Room with Shared Shower and Toilet

The walls are very thin, and there was a family who rented the rooms on either side of me who would leave both their room doors open and their kids would run around screaming whenever I was in my room and it would go on until about 23:00. Beware, bathrooms and showers are shared with everyone else on the floor! There was never a wait for either for me but I’ve never had to do that at a hotel before. And, despite cleaners coming to bring new towels, I don’t think the sheets were changed at all during my week long stay. Breakfast was okay, except the door was left open so there were flies all around the restaurant and all over the food. Reception is inside the kitchen so it’s not really clear where you have to check in/out.

The views from the bedroom were beautiful, you can see the mountains. The staff were very friendly with any questions I had. Also, the bus stop is right next to the hotel so it’s easy to get into town.

Pathetic. Creepy. Scary.
    • Standard Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

If you're a tourist, stay away from this place. The place has creaky floors with paper thin walls. There was literally no light at night, flies kept buzzing in the room, no fan or iron provided by them on request. Couldn't get any sleep at night. My body kept itching from sleeping on their sheets all night long. Never for once have I experienced that. A creepy guy came knocking on our door early in the morning and even tried to open the door (scary as hell!) and when asked what he wanted he said he had a problem and he wanted a hair dryer. We booked this place for 2 nights and we took our luggage and left this creepy place first thing in the morning after staying for just one night. We barely got any sleep and still we were out by 6:30 am so you can only imagine how bad it was. Didn't care for their breakfast or the money we would lose for the booking on 2nd night. I have never had worse experience of staying at a hotel. It was a blunder to live in this place. There is a store right across from it and the guy working there was rude as hell. Gave a coffee when I asked for latte and refused to give me latte even though I offered him the difference. He mentioned he was glad that I was not staying in his shop to drink the coffee. Well, I was just glad that I was leaving his stupid place and the creepy hotel.

Nice place very clean but no service to clean the room ,comunal toilet 🚽
    • Standard Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Poor breakfast yogurt ,cheap salami ,bread, fruit ,milk ,juice plain croissants 🥐 cereals ,inside the room for 4 days nobody was changed nothing except the rubish

Very clean place and the bar girl nice

Bad choice!
    • Standard Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

First of all I did not realize how far from Interlaken Ost this was. We had to take 2 buses to reach the train station. This was not indicated in the description of property. Secondly there was no heater in the room which they advertised. Third because we had to share bathroom facilities, we had to get out to a dark hallway each time. When we leave the light on to prevent falls, someone always turned it off. They must install sensor lights for our safety and convenience. They serve breakfast from 0800-1000. They are not considerate in early departures for clients who need to leave early since bus schedules only run every hour.they refuse to give packed breakfast. We missed 2 breakfasts. Lastly they are very stingy in the toiletries. They gave us 2 miniature bottles of shampoo, no soap for the sink in the room. I will not recommend this place to anyone!

Sorry did not like any aspect of hotel.

Bed was comfortable.
    • Standard Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Almost no soundproof.. You could clearly hear people in next room and especially if they are loud, good luck sleeping. Floor was also creaking even with tip toes.

Bed was comfortable. Shared bathroom but never had to wait.. it was clean.

Good and bad
    • Standard Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Price. Thin walls means you hear every snore. Pillows very uncomfortable

Good quality continental breakfast. Location is very beautiful, but if you need to get the bus to and from Interlaken it is very expensive.

Good for value if you have a own car
    • Single Room with Shared Shower and Toilet

Not so much used to have shared bathroom and toilet facilities but it was ok, not hot options in breakfast like boiled eggs etc.

Great view, good staff

AVOID ROOM 104 AT ALL COSTS!

Very disappointing. We travelled to Interlaken specifically to visit the memorial erected to remember the 21 young people who perished in the canyoning tragedy 1999. Our good friends son & his wife had not long been married and were 2 of the 12 Australians who died. Our friends were involved in having the memorial erected with the town & Rotary's help. First problem was that the location is incorrect on both our GPS's also it is not correct on the Google map on Booking.com. When located we parked in the car park but had to walk around the building up and down stairs to find reception. A young lady came down from the laundry to lead us into the bar which was reception. Not the warmest welcome we have ever received. We then returned back around to near the car park up and down stairs with our back packs to find room 104. On opening the door we were in a small portioned room with a double bed and cupboard. Bed was against the wall with mere mm's of room to get to the bed head which was under the window. Next there was a quite a big room sparsely furnished but with a fridge, little kitchenette (no cooking) and en-suite. On lifting the lid of the toilet we were greeted with a toilet that had not been flushed. We checked our sales contract (Booking Confirmation) and decided to ask the Manager where was the Patio and Mountain view. She first asked what was a patio, following 2 definitions she advised that room did not have a patio or mountain view. We asked if we could have the standard double room as defined in the confirmation. she advised room 104 was a standard room and we were just unlucky to get it. It is the only room that did not have patio or mountain view in the hotel and the hotel was full. We pointed out that this is false and misleading which in this day and age is not acceptable. She tried to point out it was our fault as we had room 104. We gave up to avoid an all out dispute and tried to access the WiFi in the room.

The place of the hotel is close to Interlaken, and there are...

Old hotel Small room for 2 persons Smelly hotel Expensive

The place of the hotel is close to Interlaken, and there are a mine market close to the hotel .

The landscape is good enough.
    • Standard Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Location problem: it is not in the interlaken, but it is in another region besides interlaken which is 15min by car or 30min by bus. If you have the car, it will be better. No valid visit card: if you live in the interlaken, you can get the visit card which can take the bus free or more discount in many place. But in this hotel, you can not have this benefit unless you do not care it. Money payment problem: It is not a happy process when I pay the money of hotel. I met a problem with my credit card, it ask me input the PIN code all the time, I try several times, but it failed.The old waitress ask us pay the euro money cash, most important is that she ask me pay the same euro value 220, but the Swiss money is also 220. She refuse change it even the swiss money is cheaper!

The landscape is good enough. I ask the hot water several time,they are glad to give to us. We feel it is warm in my heart.

Not for families with children !

Very small room compared with the price . They are not clear about the children policy they charged us 140 SF for two kids on 4 nights while it is not written in the booking policies so we could get better hotel and more near in the city with same price. No TV Breakfast only cheese and Jam no varieties at all as same as everyday no egg even. It is more like a house that if the neighbours walk you can hear their steps loudly.

Location is calm and near to Interlakin city

Was about 15 minutes outside of Interlaken.

Was overpriced. After parking we had to walk around to the front of the building, takes stairs into the building. Right before the stairs there is a large dip in the sidewalk, then had to go through the building, up more stairs out of the building and down some more stairs. Although the property says the rooms are nonsmoking, absolutely everyone was smoking. . So the place smelled bad. Was very overpriced. The rooms were depressing. We spent over $300 a night for 2 very small rooms. Would not work for a family as the max capacity of the rooms that we rented was 2 in each room. The bathroom was very small.

Was about 15 minutes outside of Interlaken.

Strongly recommend

The last bus ends at 7pm and if you go back lately you have to take the taxi costing around 44chf.

Lovely staffs with patience, and I do recommend you to stroll around the mountain, locals are welcome and the view is stunning.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

İt has a very good location and view .
    • Single Room with Shared Shower and Toilet

İt has a very good location and view . Quite comfortable stay

excellent

very happy

Ideal

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Location great.

Room and bathroom small.

Location great. Food excellent.Staff great.

Location was amazing.

Common toilet

Location was amazing.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

The staff, the cleaning, architecture, location, view and.

The staff, the cleaning, architecture, location, view and... + the reasonable price.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

View is beautiful

Location is far, Very small toilet Very Simple breakfast

View is beautiful

The staff was amazing and helpful and the breakfast view is...
    • Standard Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

You must have a car, if your plan is to visit Interlaken.

The staff was amazing and helpful and the breakfast view is just amazing.

The view outside the hotel is amazing.
    • Standard Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The pillows and duvets are not comfy

The view outside the hotel is amazing. Its like youre living in a different world :)

The "bear" in Habkern is a great place to stay!

We liked it all - especially the peace and quiet of the small village.

Good solid food choices.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

It is a nice, cozy place

I had to pay extra for my 9 yrs old kid. I was not happy about that

It is a nice, cozy place

Shared bathroom, has an Excellent location and quite
    • Standard Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Uncomfortable bed, bathroom shared by floor.

Location, scenic and quite.

Very good

Very clean

Nice

Superb location, wonderful stay experience in a typical Swiss village..

Same breakfast menu for the next day...

Great place to stay

Lovely chalet style hostel in beautiful surroundings
    • Standard Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

It would have been nice to have use of a shared kitchen facility and refrigerator

Comfortable room. Great breakfast which was included.

Pleasurable
    • Standard Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Amazing staff and beautiful place. The best service I have ever experienced!

Breakfast at the next door tea room was perfect.
    • Economy Single Room

Bed very narrow and duvet very heavy.

Breakfast at the next door tea room was perfect. Large choice from the baker. Very quiet place.

I would not suggest
    • Standard Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

1. I have booked for 95 CHF but they charged 140 CHF 2. No Wi-Fi in room 3. Very bad Staff Behavior 4. Worst Breakfast

Hill View

I won't return for sure.

Too much squeeking! Small bed. Not really clean room.

nice with little problem

the room didnt have refrigerator the room didnt have suitable shampoo the room didnt have tv screen

fantastic veiw lovely property

Good bed, good location directly at bus stop.

Poor soundproofing

Good bed, good location directly at bus stop. Value for money! Great for hiking.

Twisting road hill climbs were a problem for my 1 Ltr car.
    • Single Room with Shared Shower and Toilet

Beautiful vistas but quite isolated.
    • Standard Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Cost of public transport into Interlaken was very expensive

Views & breakfast included

Great stay!

Great breakfast, friendly staff, really cool area.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2015

الشقه واسعه نوعا ما

Every thing was bad No privecy one day the owner enter our room while we are sleeping from the palckony door it does not locked and when we bocome angery she said this is my house you can go and find another house We did not complete our accomplished Also it has many insects The balckony has not privecy

الشقه واسعه نوعا ما The apartment is alittlebit large

• Reviewed: 26 July 2015

The lady who owned the place was very friendly and helpful.

Nothing at all... One advice the hotel is in the mountain and its good to stay here if you have your own transport... else u will depend on public transport which i not too frequent

The lady who owned the place was very friendly and helpful. We really had a good time. We had a seperate garage for our motorcycle parking... Very clean and very good view from hotel...

• Reviewed: 24 July 2015

the owners were very helpful and friendly, they offered to...

The hotel is located far from center of Interlaken, the only bus that connects the train station run until 7pm, afterwards you have to take a taxi up the hill which costed nearly 40 chf

the owners were very helpful and friendly, they offered to do laundry for us for only 5 chf! The breakfast tastes amazing too!

• Reviewed: 21 July 2015

The owner couple were super kind and nice.

we needed to take a bus until 7:00 pm; it was the last time to go up from Interlaken station. But it was no matter for us because, we always felt tired before that time.

The owner couple were super kind and nice. They brought us all we need before we ask them. The place, Habkern was silent and cool. My sis and I had such a wonderful time in there.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2015

the location is super .

the wooden hause always zlzl when you walking

the location is super . and they introduce some nice place for us ,we also book the lunch there for local food

• Reviewed: 11 January 2015

The owners were beyond friendly.

Absolutely nothing

The owners were beyond friendly. They couldn't do enough for you. The view from their property was gorgeous. We have stayed in Interlaken before but staying higher up the mountains at Hotel Baren In Habkern was SO much better ! The food they prepared in the restaurant was excellent as well. The bus runs hourly so it was very convenient. It is so quiet there we slept like babies. The owners even gave us a fancy coffee maker to use for our week. We excepted our trip to be an 8 out of 10.....hotel Baren and the owners made it a 9.5 out of 10!!We could go on and on.......vielen dank to the owners!

• Reviewed: 4 August 2015

Owners were very friendly.

Owners were very friendly.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2015

Location and staff.

Poor wifi, noticed towels are not replaced daily.

Location and staff.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2015

very clean, good location, friendly staff

there was some vehicle noise from the main street early in the mornings

very clean, good location, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 6 July 2015

The location and views from this hotel were superb.

The location and views from this hotel were superb. The owners were very friendly and the apartment was very well equipped.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2015

Proximity to interlaken but being in the alpine meadows...

Proximity to interlaken but being in the alpine meadows meant you could relax after a days sight seeing

• Reviewed: 28 June 2015

Location was great!

Hot water didn't last super long but still a great place.

Location was great! Super close to Interlaken and cheaper.

There are also 21 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.