Reviews of Hotel Landhus 3 stars

Katzenbachstrasse 10, Seebach, 8052 Zürich, Switzerland

#110 of 121 hotels in Zürich

We waited about 15 minutes for somebody on front desk while she was attending some party in side hall and we called for her 5 times and were asked to wait. Then at night we called up front desk to ask if they had fan available as it was very hot and our baby couldn't sleep but she cut the phone saying she will check and never picked up phone again.

Very spacious room and even had a spacious varanda! The windows were XL, but all had very efficient blinds to cut off undesired sunlight, a must to sleep well. Parking was available in front of the hotel

Room and bath were quite small and without any particular or attractive style, more like a 70's US dormitory. No one was attending to the breakfast area and many choices were consumed before we arrived. Bit of noise from next-door tram station until it closes. No AC, so probably hot in the summer.

Next door access to tram access to downtown. Easy to find. Limited on-site parking

We arrived to find that our booking had been messed up (apparently by a junior staff member) - we had only one room instead of two. We improvised and the manager agreed a generous compensation package (free breakfast); she was clearly mortified, describing the over-booking as a "catastrophe". Everything went very well until we checked out when we were again left to the mercy of a junior who could not agree our refund. I'm sure it's all now in order. Small warning: the staff speak adequate English for uncomplicated communication, but when things became more complicated I was glad that I speak German.

The senior staff were lovely and very helpful; for example they sorted out a hire car for us. Although the headline charge was high, it was quite inexpensive for Zurich. The rooms were comfortable. The hotel is a taxi-ride or train-ride from the airport, and close to the railway link to Zurich.

Tiny lift where hardly one person can fit with baggage. No vegetables for breakfast.

Everything just sufficient, free parking in front of the hotel, quite good internet connection, so great for staying over night if you are there for business.

Staff could have been friendlier and more welcoming.

This was a simple, quaint hotel near the airport. Small room but very clean and quiet. There is a bus stop behind the hotel with a bus that goes directly to the airport every 15 minutes- very convenient.

Location is far from central Zürich; the decor breathed the charme of the 70s. Restaurant was good but overpriced. I don't recommend the breakfast buffet, which doesn't reflect today's Swiss standard. TV didn't work.

Good and clean room; proficient staff

Parking,in front of hotel, was very tight and limited. Other parkers parked so close after we had arrived that passengers could not get out of vehicle and became indignant when asked to move a bit so that all could even get out of car. Rooms were too hot and had to leave windows open all night so that we could sleep. Could not check out until 7:00AM when Desk Clerk arrived for work.

Excellent on - site restaurant. Convenience store right across the street.

We were travelling with a baby and requested a baby crib. Even though we arrived after 8 in the evening they hadn't put the crib in the room before we arrived.

If you're looking for a non-expensive hotel near the airport for an early flight this is in a good location.

Room had this dated look and feel although it had been freshened up. No space for suitcases.

Clean room, good bed. Tram and small super market just around the corner.

We had to wait a bit before anyone came to check us in. I had to go looking for someone and they still let us wait. The elevator was closed, we had to carry up my heavy suitcase using stairs. The breakfast was poor, boring and not much to chose from. The room was to hot and not possible to open the window wide to get some air in. Bad smell in the corridor. No available power outlets in the room except an extension cord that was hidden under the bed.

It was clean.

Quite far from the city center. Limited variety in breakfast. The hotel charged me two nights rent on my credit card despite the fact that I paid cash to the lady at reception at check-out. I sent two emails to the hotel as well as Booking.com (at Customer service) during the last 2 weeks but got no response. I am utterly disappointed by the quality of customer service of Booking.com.

Bus station right next to the hotel. Supermarket across the road.

Next room occupant late at night put his TV on full blast then had a shower. Terrible, no sleep, but not the hotel's fault. Tram costs CHF17.60 for 2 people return to the city .

The room was very small and congested and really very hot. There was almost no ventilation in the room. We had to make do with getting a bowl of ice cubes from the reception and drinking and splashing cold water on ourselves. Plus the lack of a water kettle was annoying.

The location of the hotel is good, far enough from the city to not be extremely expensive. But the city centre is still reachable in about 10 mins with the tram which leaves from right behind the hotel. Very convenient. Also very close to the airport. The hotel staff were very cooperative and helpful even though they looked to be overworked.

I would have liked to have an electric jug and some milk to make a cup of tea or coffee. The staff were very obliging and got me a jug of hot water so I was able to have my hot tea.

The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom very clean, our room was a little small but we weren't there for long.

No air con. Safe didn't work. TV was very poor quality. Not enough power sockets: I had to unplug the light to charge phone.

Proximity to tram/bus terminal (at the end of the tram line) made travelling straightforward. Staff were friendly, but seemed a bit too busy in the restaurant. Room, bathroom, bedding, etc were very clean.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

The room was so hot it was unbearable. No aircon and the window had no screen so you had to listen to the very loud people outside. Pillows were shocking and the room was very small. Check out was the worst! We had to leave early for an 8 hour drive and we could not check out as the reception person was not there! We were not advised of this so we had to wait. I had to get someone to call her to get her to come in so we could hand over key! That put us 1.5 hours late and I was very unhappy. Expensive for what it is. Don't bother.

Great being next to trams.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

A lot of noise from the street and the bar/restaurant directly below. Generally loud neighborhood. Small room with very small TV.

Convenient location to the airport first and foremost. Just 10 minutes away. Also convenient access to the downtown. Just 15 minutes on tram 14. Nice breakfast.

the room was very clean, but had a very strong cigarette smell

very friendly staff, nice breakfast, direct airport connection (bus 768 behind the hotel), supermarket next to the hotel, tram to city centre (10 min), wifi

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Limited reception service, bit of language barrier, complicated internet access and location

Cleanliness, breakfast, descent room and good lift service

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

The service from the hotel staff could be a little better.

The property has a good restaurant just below it, so that is a plus point. The hotel gave us complimentary drinks on arrival. The bus and tram stops is very close to the hotel and it takes just 10 minute by bus to reach the Zurich airport. Apart from this, there are other good places to hang out such as Pubs, Cafes and restaurants around the property as well.

No tea/coffee making facilities in the room but I believe this is common in most continental hotels. Very small claustrophobic lift.

This is a very good hotel for a very reasonable price. Right next to the tram/bus terminus with a direct service to the airport for those flying. The room was warm and the mattress comfortable. I requested an extra pillow which arrived promptly. The continental breakfast was very filling and set me up for the day nicely.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Could hear the people in the room next door quite clearly. Was not disturbing though as all was quiet during the night.

Really friendly staff. Easy to get to from the airport and also a short stroll from Glattpark.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

This is truly "no frills." The room is very tiny and minimal electric plugs. Frugal but adequate furnishings, towels. No shampoo, etc. but adequate soap, towels.

Ease of getting into the city and to the airport. The tram/bus stop is truly at the back door. This hotel provides all the basics with no complaints. Just know it is truly "no frills." Can get a boiled egg for breakfast but you have to ask for it!

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

The duvet was quite thin and the breakfast was not the greatest (though we did arrive at 09.40 and breakfast finished at 10.00) but for me these are little things.

This hotel was exactly what we were looking for, close to the Hallenstadion, not too expensive, parking onsite (limited spaces) and breakfast included. The pillows were super soft. I can see how some people are not bowled over by this hotel but for me it depends on what you are looking for. For us this was a great hotel at a great price compared to other places in Zurich.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

Limited choice of TV channels.

The building is old but well kept. Very conveniently located to Oerlikon. The room was bright, clean and quiet. I appreciated the welcome drink. Decent breakfast in the nice winter garden or on the terrace. All in all good value for money.

We checked in in ev evening and had to go looking for help and waited.

Had complimentary drink with biscuit, nice room, lift great, easy to find on bus route .

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

There could be water heaterin the room.

The hotel was in quiet place and everything was perfect including the staff. I got sore throat and flu and the staff in the restaurant helped me a lot. If you wanna know about the location; it takes 20 minutes to go to centrel station from the hotel you take the tram- Number 14 , that is it. In short ,I loved it😉

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

I didn't like they took the money off the credit card before I even checked in. There isn't anything special in the room. The roladen didn't work in our room. If your going when it's hot take a fan. No ac no fans. Nothing hot on breakfast bar.

Location was great. Tram was right outside the hotel that took about 20 minutes to get in town.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Room very warm. Street noise at night (had to keep window open due to warm room). Would stay again if they could provide a fan (front desk was closed, so unable to see if one was available).

Ease of transportation to/from airport, downtown and train station. Clean. Extra early breakfast (6:45).

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

I wanted a coffee pot in my room, but there's fresh coffee downstairs so it was not an issue

The staff from the front Desk, Stephanie to the housekeeping staff were professional, punctual, reliable and very friendly. The street car takes you directly to Bahnhoffstrasse

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

I didn't like the fact that they directly took money from the card I used for booking the room, without asking me if I wanted to pay in a different way. They told me that they always do like that, but I wish I could have known it before. It should be expressed in hotel conditions just for more clarity.

I appreciated the good transport connection of the hotel with the downtown. The tram stop number 14 is just in front of the hotel and this is very comfortable. I also appreciated the breakfast room; it is a quite airy space and there is a good variety of food as well.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

all good

When you look at the budget and what you get this is really good ( value for money). For me being in a short business trip, I loved the hotel you can relax and have your meeting with in pace

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Room was very tiny and outdated. Not really worth the price paid, but then again Switzerland is pricey overall.

Nice staff, free parking, good breakfast. Wifi worked good. A lovely touch with the welcoming drink.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

Pillows were very flat, otherwise bedding was adequate.

Location for us was great. 10mins from airport, tram and bus stops very close. Polite and knowledgable staff.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

I arrived at 10.30 please p.m. There's no one in the reception, I must wait so long. In the morning after check out I wind in my credit card that hotel charged additional amount. I doesn't used any services and the hotel doesn't informed me about this additional amount. In the room was very denser air.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

dated hotel

Easy to find without google mapping and easy tram connection to town centre. Swiss do seem to make virtually everything easier: languages, exchaning currency, access to food shops, ie supermarkets, etc.

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

Food options around the hotel is very limited.

Location is great if your connectivity to airport is important. Not near to city centre but not difficult to get to the city centre via public transport.

The staff was great. Asked for a room with a terrace and got almost an apartment with a huge terrace.

Tv didn’t work remote control was not from tv reception was not friendly and didn’t try to help us

Friendly staff, nice clean rooms. very nice for a 3star hotel.

A bit expensive for the bare, minimal, simplistic hotel style. Even for Zurich

Clean, quiet and strategically located

The room is a little spartan and outdated.

There is bowling!!! Other than that it’s a pretty basic stay near the airport.

good breakfast, reasonable price and good location to go to the Hallenstadion.

So small room with old fashion furniture Staff are not friendly Payment tech is old fashion, wait for 30min for check out to confirm it

Breakfast was very basic.

Comfy bed with good quality linen

Location ( next to a tram stop but a bit far away from central)

Cleanliness, staff

to loud

Too small, too old

Very clean room, spotless bathroom, friendly staff, welcome drink!

The rooms should have an small fridge.

Very very small room

don't expect to receive a room like in the picture

Location is near the tram

very smal room for the money

Room was small. No in-room tea or coffee

Access to transit

Quite old

rooms are very small rooms are very shady and looks like hostel room not worth the money

Staff was good

Overall not clean, smelly. Small/congested room. Inconvenient elevator for luggage.

Breakfast was decent, beds were good.

The staff were very helpful, changing my room so I could see the car, great location bus garage next door, shops round the corner,

The room was too small

Close to the station and tram station easy acess to the main city

No complains.

Next to the Tram station. The hotel explain to you how to use the tram to get to the city center. Nice supermarkets nearby.

No fridge, no iron

Insects and ticks in the bed

Staff could be more polite and breakfast more diverse

The hotel has an elevator. Close to tram stop 14 to the center

Exellent location - free parking and a tram last stop near to the hotel. In 20 minutes you can be at the centre. The beds were very comfortable.

They charged me twice

Wifi condition was so poor, they were not understanding their weak wifi signal problem

Near to city

No AC, noisy when the window is left open.

Parking reserved for hotel guests. Good breakfast, good location.

The rooms are so small and noisy the shower are very small. the lift can have only one person at a time.

Location and nothing else.

No air con, asked for fan but not provided Reception staff could not find our booking

Bus and tram stop outside of hotel Wifi Lift

Small room. The side of the bed touched the wall

Very eazy parking, frienly staff

Location tram station is just benhid the hotel Awesome