Reviews of Hotel Laudinella 3 stars

Via Tegiatscha 17, 7500 St. Moritz, Switzerland

#35 of 70 hotels in St. Moritz

It's a large hotel that caters to tour groups so meal times were often noisy and busy. We like to eat early and breakfast could be particularly chaotic but staff did constantly replenish stocks and an area was set aside for those not on tour.

Plenty of restaurants on site or nearby. Room had tea making facilities, bath, clothes lines over bath and built into wall heater. Free shuttle service to and from station - bus was waiting when we arrived on the Glacier Express. Breakfast was good - plenty of variety. Really enjoyed free access to pool and spa facilities located nearby.

• Family Room

They have only ONE lift which is FULLY BUSY in shifting the baggage so we had to use stairs from 4th floor which is not expected in such hotels. They should have more lifts.

Location is a bit far from railway station but its good that they provide to/fro pickup and drop service from hotel. We stayed only from late evening till early morning so didnt get enough value of money.

• Standard Single Room

“Mind the step” sign needed to warn about small step at room entrance. Internet signal not strong in the room

Staff very helpful. Half board a money-saver -superb pizza. Super service, shuttle to/from station. Local travel card a bonus!

Free shuttle bus to and from the train station is extremely helpful. It's close the lake for a nice walk. Breakfast has good selections and in good quality. Decent- sized room and bath.

A small fridge in the room would be a nice addition.

Excellent, helpful and welcoming staff; the hotel is spotless clean; the breakfast is generous and varied; the restaurant has a real restaurant (not "hotel restaurant") quality food; there is a complementary pick up and drop off at the railway station; location is quite nice, although not on the lake but close enough.

Entrance to restaurant and smoking area located just under window.

Friendly staff. Good breakfast in spite of a busload of tourists eating at the same time.

• Superior Single Room

The personel was quite nice but unfortunatelly no one told me that many places were closed due to mid season.

The hotel is very nice and convenient with quite big and comfortable rooms with good views to the mountains. The tap water is from the Alp springs and you can enjoy its delicious taste. The spa zone has nice views to the lake. The breakfast is nice. I stayed there for one night only in mid-season. But it was quite enjoyable.

• Family Room

There was an annoying gap between the mattress and bed backrest in which the pillow was getting inside. It can be easily avoided with additional pillows but would be nice if they can fix it at the next refresh.

Proximity, spa entry to ovavera, food choices, international TV channels

very low quality hotel, the worse in the region not clean separated bed low quality besheets terrible towels, so old and tired

the only good point was the stuff at the brakfast, although in a very low quality setting

No place to eat at the hotel. Bed was uncomfortable and A/C was not functioning properly.

Nice environmental setting. Paintings and lobby fragrance

• Superior Double Room Plus

I'm still trying to think of something ... Nothing really!

Quite & spacey rooms. Many good & different restaurants inside the hotel. Many good price reductions on Ski tickets and free entry to the Spa & swimmingpool "Ovaverva", which is a 3 min. walk from the Hotel. Good value for a Hotel in St. Moritz.

• Suite

They charged us toothbrush for 2.50 upon checked out. We were shocked. The front desk young lady does not serve me but called another guest who came later (she was at another line).. i was there queueing for her to finish the guest infront of me. The funny thing is She did not say anything to me when she call the guest from the other line... as thought I m invisible!!

The siam restaurant is the best.

I had no complaints.

Very good service and staff that had great knowledge and competence. They can answer all relevant questions and help you out. The hotel is walking distance from the main gondola to the lift system and several really nice restaurants, shops and cafes just outside the entrance. Walking distance also to the village center. A great positive was the fast wifi in all the premises. Not very common in Switzerland. Best thing was the 50 % discount you get on ski passes. Wow! I will certainly return here.

breakfast without brioche.

We stayed last weekend for just one night and we have been astonished by the reception and all the other serivices, sushi restaurant is something to try and excellent breakfast. Unfortunately i didn't get the chance to try the wellness. so i must come back again... :-) my car battery died during the night, they helped my with a guy and we solve the problem in no more than half an hour. this is great staff. excellent position to reach the lifts walking.

• Family Room

The library did not have books in Ukrainian. Unfortunately. It would be nice to also add a few children's books with pictures. In addition, breakfast was not served champagne, even on New Year's Eve and Christmas. The hotel administration must take this into account in the future.

The hotel is very convenient: not far from the swimming pool with water attractions, post office, shop, to the nearest ski lift to the mountain - no more than 10 minutes walk, right near the hotel there is a public transport stop. We rested with the whole family - I'm with my wife and two children (8 and 11 years old). Everyone was delighted with the hotel. By the way, information for those who play the piano, the hotel has a concert hall, in which stands a wonderful grand piano. Another grand piano is in the music room, and there is a piano in the library. And when we left late at night, we were given road lunches for the road from the restaurant. It was very cute!

The parking is not sufficient when the hotel is fully occupied.

The location is wonderful, you can see the mountains. Also, it is next to a bus station, easy to reach the ski slopes. The hotel has 3 stars but I would easily give 4. The breakfast is delicious. The hotel has 5 restaurants for dining. In addition, we got a discount for the ski pass because we were staying in a hotel in St Moritz. So the ski pass was only 38 CHF per day for one person, compared to 76 the normal ticket. Also, the ski pass includes free traveling with the public transportation in the Upper Engadin. This way, you can visit more cities.

Some difficulty with restaurant service probably due to the amount of clients in peak season.

The furnishing of the common areas and rooms is pleasant: either new or in good conditions and comfortable. It is a large structure in St. Moritz Bad, offering many restaurant options that attract the outside public. The spa area is quite a plus, with excellent views from the relax area.

For us, the mattress could be a little more consistent.

We just loved our stay! To start with, we’re picked up at the train station. The whole staff was very, very kind and helpful, and most of them even spoke Portuguese. The hotel was very comfortable and pleasant, including the lobby, the restaurants, the gym... Our room was cozy and silent, reasonably spacious, the shower was nice, many channels in TV, there were many power outlets in the room, a cute balcony. The hotel also offered us free entry to some attractions in the city, like the nearby mountains and the public pool, which we strongly recommend!

• Family Room

We stayed in Jr Suite and the room was quite comfortable. The breakfast was also good and property easily reachable by public transport. The Spa and suana facility was provided free and which was good.

One of the staff is not good, all others are great!!++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The location is great. You need to take bus from the train station to the hotel. But the hotel is close to the lake, and a 10-minute talk to coop, a grocery store. The hotel provides free wonder breakfast with lots of things. The hotel also provides cards for free rides of cable cars to the mountain tops. If we go to St. Moritz again, we will stay in this hotel again.

Staff - front desk is fine, but all Staff in the restaurant could need to basic training. Basic friendliness and effort is missing. Food - the buffet place is average, but its also not too expensive Facilities - to hotel is a bit run down. Value for money is not quiet accurate.

Room in the new part of the hotel was ok (the old section is absolutely terrible)

like most of the hotel, it does not have aircon in the room

Good location, free parking, comfortable bedroom and good breakfast. The room comes with electric kettle which is good for making tea or coffee.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

the town was shut down for the spring. Nothing open except this hotel. Expected more from S. Moritz. Very bland looking town. Must be only a winter thing.

The restaurant was much better food than expected given the many options. Waiter was very personable.

• Standard Single Room

Breakfast supply could have been better. Owing to big travel groups taking simultaneously their breakfast certain products were fast out of stock on the tables, e.g. orange juice. But the staff did their best to cope with the situation.

Excellent location

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

There were no faults with the hotel.

The hotel is great. Stayed in room 312 which was very bright and spacious. Free parking and good breakfast. St Moritz is very quiet in May as it's off season time. Most of the local businesses were closed. Same as the local cable car. Nearest one was Diavolezza. 20min by train. We got free passes from Reception.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Our room at the hotel front was noisy if we opened windows overnight for fresh air, which we usually do. Worse was smokers gathering outside, the smell meant we needed to close windows. Smokers should not be allowed right outside rooms! We were on 2nd floor and were affected. We didn't try Japanese resto but others were pretty average, pricey and really crowded. Not a great vibe really and you're a bit stuck out in Bad (reason for being so crowded I guess).

Nice place overall, comfortable room and facilities, kind of dated in some respects, reasonable value for money. Asian resto was good.

• Superior Double Room Plus

The staff... difficult to get right information. 1* we asked if the second key could be given late on friday evening to my partner arriving after midnight. They said no problem, BUT when she arrived the door was closed and key needed to enter the hotel. 2* My partner left the hotel early on the day of our departure and said he will come back in the afternoon. When I came at the reception to give the key they wanted me to pay... impossible to do it in the afternoon...The women made a big drama for nothing...

The location is ok, close to the cable lift Signal. The restaurant offer and the posibility to take away.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

• Standard Single Room

First off all I would like to say that if you look to my preview comments I allway pay the best values. BUt not in this case. Servise, parking, temperature in the room, room itself - was nightmare. I came late evening 5. February and ways were frozen. No place to stay with car, I stay in coridor in front of reception. I came to reception and first question ask: "What to do with the car please"? They did not listen and asked details of reservations. Finally they said that I could go to hotel parking. Thanks to God I went by walk to obsereve it. : no place but frozen place so if I went there with car in dark and ice I would have big problem to reverse back. I Came back to reception : "there is no place but you garuantee parking on Booking com". "You can go to public parking place there is free to 7". "And what then?" "Then Will be place on parking and you will change it...". I said that I lieve them my keys of car and they manage it. They said "sorry we are three star hotel" . When I came to room - another shock. And still ot enough. in the meantime call reception to the room. I was worry that is because I left the car to put my lagage to room so ...hurry back to reception. There I met manager who told me " "madam, you can stay with car in where you are. " I was so stresed that I didnot response. It was 10 minutes before when deliveryservice told me that I cant stay there that is place for them. Manager start to be agresisive and start to be loud: "Madam, do you listen to me what I told you"? I said : "what have been changed from last 5 minutes? That I told you I will put it on you tube. Your offer came too late I worry that delivery service on the ice destroy my car in front of gate." ...Morning I came and found penalty on my front mirrow in public parking place because was ski championship and all parking place wete reserved for some special events.

Breakfast.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• Superior Double Room Plus

The most uncomfortable beds and pillows of anywhere I've ever stayed. It was like sleeping on the floor. Room looked nothing like in the pictures and once Our suitcases were opened there was literally no space. No fridge in the room and not even any tea or coffee making facilities.

Location was great as it's right near one of the ski lifts. The breakfast was really good and the wellness area was just divine! Staff were super helpful with organizing ski equipment. Room had a beautiful view.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Good value for money. A cable car is within walking distance. Free parking space on site. Discounts on lift tickets if you stay 2 nights or more. Buffet breakfast was very good.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

The walls and floors are thin so you can regularly hear other people talking or playing music. The room cleaners are nice but are very slow and only clean the bare minimum.

There are 5 restaurants located within the hotel which is great and the staff are friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Standard Single Room

A male hauskeeper knocked two times in the morning,opened the door with their key,i was still in bed.It wasn't jet a check-out time !Found a bit disturbing 👎

Easy,uncomplicated,good restaurants,price/quality

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

there wasn't any

a location, very nice and kind staff, clean rooms, very tasty breakfasts, a group of good restaurants at the hotel - with a delicious cuisine, free of charge shuttle between the hotel and the railway station

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Standard Single Room

Very little, room a bit hot sometimes.

Every member of staff we spoke to were excellent. Numerous restaurants onsite so excellent choice of food if you don't want to go out. Ideal location for exploring all the mountain passes, lake Como etc. Staying for three nights or more gave you access to train tickets, spa etc. Would return.

I like everything!!!

all if perfect

everything including food rooms ambiance had a very comfortable stay

Pillow could be more firm

Clean. Staff was kind to upgrade us to junior suite. The many restaurants onsite are a bonus.

Great rooms and breakfast. I prefer this part of St. Moritz as opposed to Dorf area. Spacious hotel.

Too dark in the hallway

Friendly staff, free shuttle service, free pass to the public pool, the fresh and tasty water

Nothing to report.

Excellent location, comfortable room, superb breakfast and evening buffet, free taxi to and from station and free bus pass.

• Family Room

The staff at the hotel during our checkout was totally not responsive to our needs.

Nothing stood out.

Good location, Good staff and excellent chain of restaurant

Everithing

Very friendly and helpful staff, especially Jasmine on reception. Lovely view from our room.

Good breakfast. The hotel provided a pass where we could avail of free bus rides around the city, train ride and cable car ride to Diavalezza.

It was a big comfortable family room with excellent breakfast. Staff is very nice. All excellent,

Beautiful location very courteous staff excellent food

Didn't like that St Moritz was like a ghost town as everything was shut

Every thing about the accommodation was good

Everything was what we expected

Breakfast partly a bit hectic

Very friendly staff, very nice view from the sauna, access to the public pool, comfortable room size with balcony

No coffee making facilities,

Big toilet, friendly reception staff

• Standard Single Room

WELLNESS CENTER IS WELL LOCATED ON TOP FLOOR OF HOTEL, EXCELLENT PLACE.

The outdoor pool and spa was out of the world, it’s one of a kind experience!!

Everything was perfect

The Hotel room was a Little bit old fashioned.

We were picked up by the Hotel shuttle at the railway station. Delicious breakfast buffet.

Service more than our expectation

Mattress and pillow were too soft, really uncomfortable

Wellness center is worth the visit, staff was very nice. Great breakfast!

I‘ve booked a double bed but I got two single beds pushed together.

Excellent that entry to Ovaverva is included

Fantastic spa

Smoking in the bar was permitted.

Parking was free of charge and the breakfast buffet was great.

light in the room - small detail. bit generally very good stay

excellent location, free access to ovaverva, good restaurants close or in hotel

• Superior Family Room

Great Price Quality Ratio - definately 4 star hotel

Just so helpful and friendly

Some of the restaurants were too busy

Croissant and Shower Power

The bed is a little bit too hard.

Hotel is very nice and cozy! The food is very very good and sushi is a must!!!

• Family Room

The room and the restaurants

Rush hour at breakfast

Nice room, great location, good breakfast, helpfull staff, ovaverva welness nearby and free for the hotel guests

Location, food options, staff

The light in the room a bit dark

Shuttle car to train station,

• Superior Single Room

Food in restaurants is very good!

Hotel is a bit old

Excellent breakfast, very good spa facilities

Very good breakfast, supportive staff

It was just perfect

Location, rooms, staff, cleanliness, breakfast, restaurant the perfect place to stay for a vacation stop over in St. Moritz

All good, no complaints e

Excellent staff, very nice room, great breakfast. Very good shuttle service from and to St Morotz station.