Reviews of Hotel Les Arcades 2 stars

Place Cornavin 14-16, Saint-Gervais / des Grottes, 1201 Geneva, Switzerland

#33 of 95 hotels in Geneva

Very practical modern hotel

a bit noisy, you can hear everything from the lobby or the outside.

Its a very clean hotel, very nicely renovated. Its location is perfect, full of restaurants and shops and very practical if you need to take the train the next day. Very nice and friendly man in the reception.

Lovely staff - thank you!

Nothing that could be helped - construction starting outside at 7am and the weather being a bit too warm!

The staff. They are so lovely and happy and couldn't do enough for us even though we were only there one night.

The lovely staff made up for the negative aspects of our stay.

Noise. Drilling noise started at 8am, got up to have my breakfast to get away from it all, but my breakfast was interrupted by the same noise but louder! Room was extremely warm with a really noisy fan to distribute the warm air all around the room.

Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Friendly staff, good location, perfect place to crash at night.

Bathroom and the room appeared a bit dated.

The location was ideal to come from the airport - right opposite the station. 24 hour reception was helpful. The staff were extremely courteous and polite.

Great place. Friendly staff. A wonderful selection for budget travelers

They are very clear that the rooms are not air conditioned. Even with the fan on it was a bit stuffy. I kept my windows open at night and there was the typical crowd noises That did not bother me, but if you want absolute silence when you sleep, you may be disappointed. I think this is the trade off for an excellent location

The staff is so friendly and helpful. The location is excellent and the rooms are clean and comfortable. When I missed my flight, I immediately rebooked another night because it had been such a good experience. When I arrived they were having trouble with the wi-fi but it was upgraded and worked fine

Nice room and welcoming service.

Very hard to find as it was on second floor and no clear sign at the street level. Lack of air condition on a hot day.

Nice room and welcoming service.

Not much was actually working inside the room

The internet did not work inside the room. The lock on the door was not working well, neither were the lamps of the nightstands. The ventilator was not working on the oscillating function, neither was the central for charging the electronics. I had to disconnect the tv in order to be able to charge my phone.

Staff was very nice and friendly. The room was very clean.

Overall, great place.

No air conditioner, bad internet connectivity in the room.

Location (close to the train station - gare de cornavin), the room size and the kindness of receptionists.

Stay in Geneve

Not always pleasant to be in the train station surroundings, but what I needed and once inside the hotel all was pleasant. As they do inform the lack of refrigeration can be tough to deal with in hotter times. They should change the room photo on bookings website. The setting is way better than the photo I initially saw. All good.

Staff. Settings

To stay just 1 night here to visit the city this place is good

They blocked an amount of money in my card and when I paid by cash they haven't unblock as they promised to me as first time that will unblock in 2-3 day. During my trip took over 1 more than one week before i return to my country after leave the hotel, I noticed that they didn't unblock as they promised. I have to email and wait for several days, my boyfriend also call to push from over sea then waited another 2-3 working day again for 2nd promise. If I didn't call, email and ask several times from over sea I think they would not unblock my money as I think they ignored it. This is the most disappointed for me about this hotel because I trusted them at the first time when they answered me at the first call ( over sea) asked about why my money still kept in your bank even I paid by cash already. Other part I don't like is they have room with door open direct to buffet area so when you having breakfast you can hear very loud someone noise from the room. Opposite site, the rooms in this area are not privacy. I'm lucky because my room quite faraway this area, if not, will not satisfy any.

Best thing is location. Right in front main station. And the hotel gave us the free tickets for public transport during our stay even we don't need to pay for the train to airport next day.

Hotel was easy to find.

Hotel was easy to find. Staff were very friendly. Ideal location - easy walking distance to the lake. Trams, trains and buses across the road from the hotel.

The hotel is very basic but very centrally located which was...

The hotel is very basic but very centrally located which was my main criteria as I had an early train to catch. What stood out for me was the willingness of the staff to help - nothing was too much trouble

You can see the GENEVA station from your room.

You can see the GENEVA station from your room. if you have early train schedule you should book this hotel. it's just across the street and staff is very friendly.

Absolutely Perfect!

The staff was just amazing. The property is superbly located. Opposite the station and absolutely near all the sites you want to see. Walk left or right to reach the various sites and lake and old town is literally 5-10 minutes to everything. Take the tram no:5 to the convention centre just outside the hotel. So many restaurants around too. Perfect for Geneva!

Gross, stay away

Employees are absentminded. Rooms are disgusting. Horrible smell all around like rotten Chinese food. Confusing path around building, feels like abandoned area. I don't think the rooms were clean, I got irritation from the sheets. Everything is inconsistent. There's a reason why it's cheap.

Next to metro

Very comfortable stay next to the station.

The blind was broken for the first night but quickly repaired the next day. The Wifi barely functioned if at all in my room.

Lovely large room facing the railway station but still quiet because of the double glazing. Extremely helpful staff.

Very nice

It can be pretty warm in the room, I had to sleep with the open window. They don't have air conditioning.

Very nice and clean, super convenient location. Also well felt the local spirit, nice room, cozy lobby and breakfast area. they make you feel very welcome :)

Super convenient right next to the train station;

I mean, clearly Geneva is an expensive place, it is a simple good hotel, not fancy but totally good.

Super convenient right next to the train station; highly friendly and helpful staff; good value for money considering the higher-priced alternatives.

Cosy hotel and customer service oriented

The cost, I think it’s too high, however, to be fair it was one of the cheapest options I’ve found on my chosen dates, but still...

I liked the staff and their hospitality. Breakfast was good. Atmosphere is cosy. Overall, I’m happy I got to know this hotel and would probably consider it next time i visit GVA

Comfortable and great location

Some noise from street (e.g. parked sports car with engine running, people shouting) but that’s normal for city centre. Otherwise was peaceful, nothing from other rooms or hall but maybe nobody there. I was at back of hotel.

Great location, friendly helpful staff, lots of space in room.

The staff were all just really lovely!

The only thing for me was the pillows were a little too flat but this was ok for one nights sleep and I guess I probably could’ve requested more!

The staff were all just really lovely! Friendly, and really helpful. The location was handy for transport links and sightseeing.

The staffs were really friendly and warm, always have a...

The room temperature was a little bit too high and could not be adjusted, so we had to open the windows while sleeping.

The staffs were really friendly and warm, always have a smile on their face and willing to help you with everything! The location is brilliant, right opposite to the main station and around 15 mins walk to the high street. The soundproof was quite okay, we did not hear a lot of noises from the street outside. Overall I would say this hotel deserves a higher score.

Does what it says on the tin

But noisy from other rooms (eg you could hear shower next door) Sheet and blanket not as comfortable as a duvet Very basic hair drying (basically a plastic tube)

Very close to the main station for an early train, lots of restaurant and shops nearby Good price for Geneva

I would go back again

I was there only for a weekend and Honestly the hotel is a very good choice ! Lovely staff available each time , cosy lobby , great location and nice tidy rooms ! if you are a student and you just want a nice place to spend the night in , this hotel is the one ! the staff also gave us transport passes for free for the weekend and a map that guided us through the whole two days !

Convenient and adequate overnight stopping location

Temperature of room during the night was too hot but opening the window meant the noise of city was disturbing.

Convenient location opposite main station. Very freindly welcomeing staff. Slightly confusing entrance arrangement with only one of two lifts available actually travelling up to the hotel level.

Not worth the money

Certainly not soundproof. You hear everything. False advertising. Arrived 14:15 -room wasn’t ready. (Check in from 14:00)

Transport ticket provided. Location.

Very good hotel but only as a last resort

1) The WiFi was not working. Despite the attempt of the staff to reboot the modem. 2) extremely noisy. Not soundproof. I barely slept which was really annoying since I specifically asked for a quiet room.

The staff was really friendly (I got a bottle of water as a welcome gift). The room was huge and clean.

ok budget hotel

Room smelt heavily of food upon arrival, after opening the windows for sometime this helped but when showering in the morning the smell was back again in the bathroom and seemed to be coming from the bath drainage . Room had two hairdryers, the one on the wall doesnt work and smokes when turned on but there is no sign to say "out of order"

Location very central. Staff friendly and helpful. Room appeared clean except for the smell. Comfortable bed.

Hotel staff lovely and friendly. Continental breakfast was just what you needed to start the day.

I would say only thing is a music channel on tv only english channels we could find were the news ones

Hotel was lovely bedroom was gorgeous lots of space and bed very large and very comfy

Not much to say

Not much value for money, pretty dated rooms with noise from surroundings. Having only one towel when we arrived and no one at reception to provide another.

Staff was so friendly, gave us the free transport ticket.

Felt like motel, blue towel looks dirty and didnt dare to use it. A bit expensive, not THAT valuable. Could’ve paid a bit extra and stayed in 4 or 5 stars hotels

Staff was so friendly, gave us the free transport ticket. Good location

Good

Needs more pillows - had only one very thin pillow each. Would be nice to have a kettle in the room too.

Great location right opposite train station. Very friendly and helpful staff. Large, comfortable bed and spacious room.

Perfect!

It was a bit hard to find. The description in the email is a bit confusing. But in the end I found it.

Very nice place to stay! Enjoyed it and would always come back.

Very pleasant stay

Reception on second floor. No staircase to access, only lift.

Perfect location close to train station. Room spacious, clean and comfortable. Staff friendly and helpful, gave relevant advice for visiting the city.

Great location, nice place

Some renovation is needed.

Stayed one night during a business trip. Has everything that you need on a fair price (to Geneva). The staff were very nice and helpful. The room was big and the bed was comfortable. Great location, 10 min train to the airport, 10 min walk to city center.

Nice affordable spot in the centre of Geneva

I don't prefer to leave my key at reception but I understand that this is common practice among many hotels.

The location and the staff were certainly the best part of staying at the hotel.

I highly recommend

There beige curtains let a lot of light pass through

My stay at the Arcades was great. The location in front of the train station is the best and you are within walking distance from the lake and the old town. Great place!

Friendly staff

Receptionist lady was very helpful and friendly, i really appreciate her attitude. She was always ready to help and try to offer you more comfort and warmth during my short stay.The hotel is so small but it served the purpose

The staff were some of the nicest i've ever encountered;

The staff were some of the nicest i've ever encountered; however the hotel was only moderately clean and lacked some basic amenities. Overall I think I would probably stay there again from a price point.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It was prefect for what we needed on our short break to Geneva.

Tea and coffee facilities in the room would have been nice and a better hair dryer too please.

Lovely decor within the hotel. Very friendly helpful staff. Comfy bed.

Great base to explore Zurich

The room was very clean and the layout maximized the space. Location can’t be beat as it was across the train station. Breakfast was included. Although a simple spread, it was ample with cold cuts, cheese, eggs, fresh fruit and bread. The staff, however, made all the difference! They were welcoming, warm, and extremely helpful. Zane was a gem. It was a great stay to cap our trip! Thank you to everyone at Hotel les Arcades.

Great location and amazing staff!

Was very difficult to find. Very small signage and was just different type of entry.

Very helpful and accommodating staff. Nice room, close to train station, shopping, restaurants.

Extremely friendly and helpful staff.

The accommodation was perfect for a one night stop over in Geneva. The location was ideal, being across the road from the train station which has a direct line to the airport. The staff were the friendliest and most accommodating that we came across on our trip. They were eager to please and extremely helpful.

Good location and good hotell with helpfull stuff. I will return back.

It has a perfect location, it takes just 10 min to get to the airport from the hotell. Lots of shops and places to eat just outside of the hotell. Very clean hotell with a very helpfull stuff.I will definetely come back to this hotell when Im in Geneva next time.

Hotel is good,lovely, clean and comfort.

Hotel is good,lovely, clean and comfort.it is near Train station.the hotel persons are freindly and helpfull.We like this hotel and we will come back here again.

We basically liked everything, but the staff is very...

We basically liked everything, but the staff is very friendly and helpful. The man called Nikolas will let your stay very comfortable and provide all necessary.

Good enough for a night, very good location if you're arriving in town late in the night.

Breakfast was ok even if buffet was very compact.

Hotel was clean and easy to find following instructions received by email before departure. Small and quite.

Great place to stay close to public transport.

To be able to make a coffee or tea during the day or at night would have been good.

Breakfast was as much as you want. Room was cleaned every day and towels changed daily. Staff were very friendly and helpful, suggested places to visit, offered water, adapters were available. Main train station opposite hotel and trams, buses as well. Free public transport tickets were a bonus.

Friendly staff. Excellent location.

Only French/Swiss electricity sockets, but you can ask for an adapter.

Convenient location close to the train station and on walkable distance from the city centre. Very friendly staff. Excellent breakfast.

Totally worth it.

I stayed for only one night but with all night light on (Sorry for the waste), only because there is a really scared picture on the wall just in front of my bed.... I supposed to tell the staff about this issue, but I was too tired and also forgot to tell when I checked out. PS. my room is 207 I think, if anyone can see this, pls take a look at that picture.

Nice location with only a little money. It was really sweet that the front desk will give you a traffic card which you can take subway and train :)

Good value for money in a very expensive town

Dated furnitures and insufficient wardrobe: only a shelf and a bar with few clothes hangers. Slow WiFi connection. Little privacy as lobby and breakfast room is just in the middle of the corridor where the rooms are located

Located across from the train station with lots of places to eat nearby. The rooms are old but clean and comfortable. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. No air conditioning, but a fan is in the room. Good breakfast: Nespresso machine, fresh bread and fruits

Pleasing in every way!

We stayed here at the end of our trip. After nearly three weeks of train travel and a rigorous schedule of siteseeing and museum visiting, arriving at this hotel was like walking into a spa! There was soft classical music in the background, a lovely breakfast area in view and a staff that could not have been more friendly, gracious and eager to please than those with whom we were greeted. I stayed here 20 years ago and was happy to find it still existed, as it's proximity to the train station cannot be beat. We found that it is run by the next generation of the same family!

Great staff. Loved our stay.

It could be demarcated better as it was kind of hard to find.

The staff is extremely nice and was very accommodating. We really appreciated their help.

Excellent place to stay if you don't want to waste your time in transportation

The Hotel is just infront of the railway station! We just had to cross the road! All the hotel is on floor 2 of a building and it has one private elevator just for second floor. Place is very secure, we loved it! Walking distance to all main attractions. I loved also the free full day (24 hours) ticket of public transport, it was a nice surprise. Breakfast was basic but enough.

Great staff, Good location, Budget accommodation.

The street noise in the morning from the trucks was a little loud. Not the Hotel's fault, but is annoying nonetheless. That is what you get for such a central location, I guess!

Very nice and helpful staff. Helped us understand the city very quickly. Breakfast was simple and good. Thanks.

Good location - 5 min walk to the lake

Rooms were quite hot with no AC - fan couldn do the job during summer Very noisy neighborhood - open Windows during night not an option WiFi keeps disconnecting forcing you to re-login

Good location - 5 min walk to the lake Starbucks, McDonalds within just 2 min walk Rather cheap (for Geneve) parking just under the hotel

Worst hotel with unsafe locality

Dismal strange smelling room.Door did not lock properly.Had to push and pull very hard on the door to lock.Breakfast was of poor standard with not much to choose from. The hotel is located in an Apartment block on 2nd floor with no direct access. Had to wait in the street for someone to respond to the buzzer. In the night it was not safe,as the street had drunks & junkies roaming around.

I do absolutely recommend it!

I do absolutely recommend it! Very clean, very comfortable, the stuff is super nice and friendly. Even though we were late for the breakfast, they managed to serve us nice food :)

Across the street from the main station, great value for a...

Across the street from the main station, great value for a great location. The welcome email was,very helpful and eased my arrival. Staff are very friendly and ensure you have a great time.

Great place to stay

Excellent location near to the main station. The staff were all incredibly friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet had lots of choice and offered different fresh breads and pastries. Good value for money in Geneva. I felt truly welcome.

Loved the location.

The reception needs to describe the entrance to the parking using road names and directions in English. . I spent an hour trying to find the entrance after speaking to the reception. The one ways make it difficult and without clear direction almost impossible.

Location to restaurants and transport excellent

Value for money small hotel

Had to ring to get in after 7pm and at times the staff were not always at their post at night, but this is understood. Perhaps another method of entry would be good?

Hotel Les Arcades was the best location ever, right across from the train station and all the buses. When you pay for your room you also get a free transport card which you can use on all modes of transport for the duration of your stay! Although I couldn't make the most of it because my stay was short, it is was great to have the free card. Easy to get to from the airport by train. Buses to UN offices are but a walking distance. It is a small hotel located on one floor of a town house building, but restaurants, shops and a large metro mall are within walking distance. The room was comfortable, breakfast filling and the staff were just too nice and went out of their way to make you feel welcome! Top marks for this value for money hotel! Well done, keep it up.

Good value close to Geneva Station.

Poor quality wifi. This could be easily fixed.

Highly recommended as a 2 star hotel. Very friendly staff. Room adequate size. Comfortable bed. Very clean. Directly opposite Geneva Railway Station. Bit of street noise but double glazed windows which reduce this considerably when closed. Great breakfast included in the price.

Great location, just at the other side of the train station...

The place is a little bit difficult to find. There is no air conditioner in the room, but they provided a fan. Other aspects are great!

Great location, just at the other side of the train station but not noisy at all. Really nice staffs there, if you need anything, you can ask them for help. Nice and comfortable room. A lot of fruits in the breakfast.

Charming hotel in downtown Geneva with incredibly attentive staff

Across the street from the main train station, impeccably clean and simple yet tasteful design, wonderfully kind/attentive staff, free breakfast was a plus!

Cosy, great value next to station that's marred by lack of a/c in rooms in summer.

The only reason not to go there is the lack of air-conditioning in the summer; it makes sleeping impossible between the heat and need for open windows with all the noise of downtown until after midnight (shouting, traffic) and before 6 (waste trucks, traffic, shouting). However, whenever the temperature is below 18 C. 70 F. at the hottest of the day, it is a great deal for Geneva.

1. Next to station 2. Nice staff 3. Breakfast included 4. Clean

Very nice hotel staff

No air condition During the hot summer period was the room like a hot incubator, difficult to sleep in the night

Very nice hotel staff Room size Breakfast

Value hotel just opposite the train station

Minibar fridge not working. Unsafe-looking safe.

Good value for an expensive city. Probably the closest hotel to the train station, just opposite to the main gate. Comfortable beds. 24 hour reception. Helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

The Wifi connection was a little patchy, but that was really the only slight negative.

Great hotel with a lot of character, large clean rooms and very friendly, helpful staff. Definitely more than a 2* hotel. I thought the breakfast selection was great too - it was much better here than in nearby hotels where my colleagues were staying! The location right outside the train station and bus stops makes it extremely easy to travel around Geneva.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Great for 1 or 2 nights. Great value for the money.

No lobby from street. Lobby located on 1st floor.

Simple yet good. Great value for the money. Defenetly for business when you want a quick in and out. Not fancy but clean

Situation

The room was pretty small

Kettle, biscuit and chocolates that were in the room. The hotel situation oposite the train station and very close to the city center

Good value hotel for a short stay near the train station

Not so obvious where to find the entrance

Good value, near the train station, clean and has wifi. if you are not looking for expensive luxury, just a basic place to sleep, the hotel lets you save some money in geneva :)

Good value for money

Bed a bit uncomfortable Only one clean cup and towel left after first day though there was two of us

Friendly staff Nice breakfast Easter chocolate nice touch

Very good price/performance, kind staff

Cornavin-train station quarter is not so calm, just like in many European metropoles. After 23:00, not nice to hear fighting-shouting drunk people from your window. The hotel can do nothing with that though, just a general problem of position in the city.

Kind staff, very good explanations during check in. Clean rooms, tea, coffee and kettle provided. Wifi connection is ok. Helpful parking instructions and discount coupon provided by the reception. Excellent location in the center, especially for those who travel by train.

1)The location is good that opposite the Geneva train...

2) WiFi is so bad, must be improve..

1)The location is good that opposite the Geneva train station but quite complicate to find due to haven't got the clear sign or map.