Reviews of The Matterhorn Hostel Zermatt

Based on 592 hostel reviews

6.1

5.6

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Definitely the worst hostel we've stayed hygiene / ammeneties wise
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The showers were disgusting, they did not drain and the water was less then Luke warm, we felt dirtier after our showers then when we went in, the breakfast is also completely overpriced for a bowel of cereal and instant coffee.

The staff member on the desk was very polite.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Great location for hikers/backpackers
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The water was warm...ish and you have to wait for a couple of minutes for that. Also the shower was a bit clogged. In the room I was only with guys and one took my bed, another took my pillow and my cupboard. So had to get one for me. One guy was so sick he was kind of coughing and turning (bunkbed...) all night. So I don't have to say I had a "great" night and I sleep with earplugs. Its not the hostels fault only my experience.

The staff was very nice. The wifi is good as well and its a great location for backpackers and hikers of the Matterhorn. Many toilets/showers downstairs are good cause there are many people. The breakfast was simple but okay. In this area you can't really get anything else for cheaper. And if you want to start early I recommend you to have it or do some shopping the day before.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

The location was unexpectedly far.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The location was unexpectedly far. My bed was lower, it was ok but the guy who slept on the upper was terrible sleeper so couldn’t sleep well. It’s just my bad luck but shame. If you have big luggage, I don’t recommend here.

It is a no frills hostel
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The rooms were super basic, a tiny half pillow and a blanket. The rooms were also really loud, you could hear all conversations in other rooms.

It was a reasonable price for the area, staff were friendly enough and the location wasn't bad. The view of the Matterhorn is nice too.

Basic room, cramped uncomfortable stay but not too far to explore zermatt.
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

Booked 4 bed private room, had 7 beds including 2 bunk beds in cramped space in attic. Couldn’t move around the room or even get in the room without shuffling sideways. Not comfortable .. then showers 4 floors down which weren’t very clean.

Beautiful views in the morning looking out on zermatt.

Cheap, but no.
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

The staff was very unfriendly. He asked me to fill in a form with very detailed questions, like what my profession is. I asked how that is relevant to my stay. He shouted at me and said that it's required by the canton and that I can leave if I don't fill in every stupid detail. I didn't have my personal ID with me cause I had forgotten it and asked whether I can use my parents' ID. He thought he needs to teach me and told me a story about that everyone "even in Germany" needs to have his or her ID with them all the time, it's the law. When I said that this is not true, he got very angry. He always referred to that "even in Germany" the procedure is the same - well I have been in a lot of hostels, and never did I come across similar, not speaking of the unfriendliness of the stuff!! The showers were dirty and down in the basement, the beds only had woolen covers, no duvet or sheets to put uinderneath. The toilet is on the second floor, so every time we wanted to go to toilet in the night, we had to climb down the stairs.

The view is amazing. The TV-room is really nice.

Cheap compared to all other accomodations in Zermatt.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Be aware that you share the place with many people. Some guys came back from a party early in the morning and were noisy. But this is something you should just ignore and accept since it is a youth hostel :)

Cheap compared to all other accomodations in Zermatt. It is simple but clean and I felt safe and slept very well.

The staff were friendly and accommodating.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

We stayed in a twin room right at the toilets. We ``enjoyed`` an incredible plethora of sounds and smells in our room, which also had a very small window leading to a storage area. Considering the price we payed, this was not a pleasant experience. Another thing that was strange was the fact that we were supposed to do our dishes in the toilet sink. This did not seem very hygienic to me.

The staff were friendly and accommodating.

WELCOMING
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The sheets on my bed had not been changed. There was a watch under the pillow and tissues in the pillow case. I told reception next day. But the sheet and pillow case did not get renewed.

The reception person was very welcoming.

• Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

I’ve been travelling around for over a month, staying at different hostels. This is the only one I would complain about. Dark and dingy. No kitchen. No hand soap in upstairs bathrooms. Only blankets (you must rent the top sheet - told “this is like a hut, you bring your sleeping bag” - no, it’s a hostel.) Not convinced on cleanliness given a personal item from the previous bed occupier was found under the pillow when the new traveler was in bed - suggesting the sheets weren’t changed? Who knows. Plug sockets were scarce and not travel-adapter friendly. No warm welcome.

A lowly dump
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Breakfast is available but only if you book the day before which nobody told us and is not listed anywhere. Pillows and mattresses are horribly thin foam and very uncomfortable. Scratchy brown blankets. No top sheet. Very run down. Loose door locks. No kitchen facilities except a kettle. No coffee or tea. It's a dump basically. But the only real option on a tight budget. I'd hate to see it in the busy seasons.

A nice cheap place if you want to experience the matterhorn sunrise in the Zermatt.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The room is quite smelly because of one people... I hope this hostel could have more windows in the room.

It's my third time here! I really like their location -- a sunrise view spot is just 3 minutes walk from the hostel.

never again!
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

We booked a double room but got a crowded 7 bed dorm. blankets are dirty and dont get washed between the guests. There are no clean bed sheets, if you want some rhey charge you additional fee! Every narrow and super small. toilets and showers were not clean! I would definitely never go again. Invest a little bit more and find something else!

The village itself - Zermatt is very lovely whether rain or shine it’s beauty really amazing ❤️❤️❤️
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Was expecting that there was a garden infront just like on the photo ( which i guess pics exteriors are old in booking.com ). Pillow is very thin 😜 and blanket is itchy 😩😩😩 - - not comfy at all. There was no privacy for men and women especially on shower and washrooms not safe at all. There was no key for the room for each privacy. Breakfast for 7CHF is not good food / bread served is cold

Location is good and rate is reasonable with the services

Such good vibes at this place.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Such good vibes at this place. Was not your average hostel experience - this place was packed with skiers and everyone was up at the crack of dawn ready to hit the mountain and not just there to party.

The bed is unclean, and my locker is smaller than others I...
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The bed is unclean, and my locker is smaller than others I don't know why.It's really cold during night, I don't think the heater is working.

Just that it isn’t very far from town.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Too cramped up. Very basic. Too noisy. People coming and going whole night. Toilet and washing too bad. Charging slot problem. Can get better options.

Just that it isn’t very far from town. You can walk to it

Position and staff
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Only one toilet in our floor, all bathroom area/sinks, pretty dirty in the morning.. some people was very aloud but okay this doesn t depend from the hostel!

Position and staff

Good price for a stay in Zermatt, good location, nice staff.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The kitchenette could have been equipped better. At least a microwave or a little stove would be nice. The bed was OK - comfortable but I was very cold overnight therefore couldn´t sleep.

Good price for a stay in Zermatt, good location, nice staff.

I really liked the bakery that was around the corner.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The place itself. The rooms are more like jail cells, everything is so dirty and it looks like no one maintains it.

I really liked the bakery that was around the corner. They had such good food.

Basic accommodation that matches the price in an expensive ski resort.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The website states there is microwave for guests to use, I was relying on this, unfortunately there is no microwave available, very disappointing.

The common room is convenient for socialising and preparing basic food.

Beyond imagination BAD, stay away!
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

Not clean inside the rooms, dirty shared mixed toilets, small room with a mini window, uncomfortable foam bed, very thin walls make this a loud place (toilet flushes & people going up & down the stairs) Left after the first night to not return anymore... Without any money back. If you are considering about staying here, take this advice: DO NOT give it the benefit of the doubt! Would've given it a rating: 1 if Booking.com would allow it.

You get what you pay for...

Good for what it is - ski basecamp. The showers were disgusting, clogged and did not work properly.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The showers were terrible. It is a good place to stay for the night while needing a cheap place close to the ski hill, but past that it's not great. The rooms are very crowded and there are few bathrooms.

Great location, good price.

Worst hostel experience
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Ohh boy where should I start !! - it was freaking winter, and the heater inside the room wasn’t working, it was freezing at night. -there is some kind of a “ bed sheets “ , they were terrible, too short for an average person hight “ am 175 cm “ either my feet stick out or my body, it was also very light for the weather, especially when you have a none working heater. - omg the pillow, its tiny, “15cm X 15 cm”. Its very soft that it almost pointless to have, and its too small to fold it into 2 parts for a thicker more comfortable one. - i know its still a hostel, and its in Switzerland, but i still find ut expensive, especially bang for buck . -breakfast was horrible. - you can hear every step someone make outside, there is no isolation whatsoever, its hard to sleep because of the constant noise - am too tired now to mention more negatives

Nothing really stands out

The guy on reception was very helpful.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

It was more basic than I expected eg no top sheet for the bed, informed that guests are expected to bring sleeping bags.

The guy on reception was very helpful.

Don't expect luxury.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Don't expect luxury. The Matterhorn is a hostel and it is much cheaper than all the conventional alternatives such as AirBnB, hotels etc. The location is excellent, and if you are simply looking for a bed to crash in at night so that you can ski all day then it fits the bill. Rooms are crowded and very basic. Expect snorers so bring ear plugs. Showers are basic and water is luke warm. Bring flip flops for the showers as they are not clean. However, staff were on the whole friendly and the Sparkys bar (attached to the hostel) serves great food and is really friendly. Also, compared to other hostels that I have stayed in in other resorts, this is quiet and not full of drunk people banging around when you are trying to sleep.

You get what you paid for. The price is just reasonable.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The room where we stayed is small for 8 people. There is limited electrical outlets for everyones use.

Price is relatively cheaper compared to nearby hostels. It has its own bar where you can eat breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Only staying again if I really cannot afford something better.
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

The quality of the covers was terrible. It was cold and the bed was average. there was no soap or even toilet paper in the restrooms, at times. I understand they may not provide towels but this should have been made clear at the time of booking.

staff was friendly

Cheap cheerful hostel lovely staff great location
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

only one main light for the rooms so if you get up early or come on late you have to sneak around by torch light

Lovely friendly hostel and sparked bar was a bonus

I was sexually assaulted - worst hotel/hostel stay of my life
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

I was sexually assaulted at the Matterhorn Hostel Zermatt. I was woke up startled in the middle of the night because a naked man was on top of me who had urinated all over the room. I had no idea what he was going to do to me. It was the most frightening and disgusting experience and needless to say I was crying and couldn’t sleep the rest of the night and I left immediately when the sun came up. I felt extremely unsafe all night. Not to mention, people banged on my room door all night and vomited all over the hallway. I couldn’t leave during night because hotel front desks were closed and it wasn’t reasonable for me to walk around in the dark in the alps. I had to go to stay in a more expensive hotel and the Zermatt Matterhorn Hostel did not give my money back for my stay or the remainder of the days I had left!! They said they’d have to sell my bed first before giving a refund. Worst experience in a hotel / hostel of my life. Ruined my trip to Switzerland and my ski days. What a way to start the year. Still traumatized over it and can’t sleep even though I’m back home now. Despite being in otherwise sleepy Zermatt, this place is not safe. No one is there to keep any order. Why can’t I give a zero rating???? They do not deserve 2.5 - your rating system is flawed.

The location not bad.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The hostel didn’t take care the hostel very well, so the toilet and shower are disgusting. And the blanket smells really bad, without providing any cover sheet.

The location not bad.

Excellent trip and would definitely stay there again.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The showers were cold and got flooded. Some of the guests were noisy.

The staff were super friendly. The food was excellent and very reasonably priced compared to other places in zermatt. The beds were comfortable. And it's really well situated for the Matterhorn for skiing.

Only a fool would expect luxury in Zermatt for this price but it was clean comfortable & friendly.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

At this price you could not expect more but redecoration would improve it. Would be a bit cramped if full but that is what I expect at this price.

Friendly helpful staff, nice bar downstairs with good food. Close to Matterhorn lifts.

Nice hostel and beautiful view around it!
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

We’re allowed to check in at 4pm, isn’t it so late? The floor all over the hostel was so dirty also and we booked dorm room but then we got private room which is awesome, but the room was so tiny and had no windows, so it’s not very comfortable either.

The view around the hostel was nice and it’s next to frozen river when I was there in Dec so it’s freakin’ beautiful and you can see the mountain and the Matterhorn Peak also from here when it’s not foggy. The staffs were so nice and helpful! :)

staff is really nice
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

no enough socket and can't use with the German standard no enough hot water to shower when you sleep in lower berth, it;s very easy to knock your head to the upper

staff is really nice

Great place to stay
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Due to travelling at the start of the season the bar and restaurant attached to the hostel were both closed for some of my stay. Check this out if you are expecting to eat at the accommodation.

Great location and amazing staff. Highly recommend this hostel if you are planning explore Zermatt.

Great location, more room for improvement.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Not a fan of the bathroom where it doesn't drain well and doors that can be closed but not locked. I am fine with unisex bathroom, just uncomfortable that the fact that I can't lock the door.

Friendly staff and good location

Friendly staff, great location but very basic
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Lukewarm showers Lack of cooling facilities The bar & restaurant were closed until mid Nov No top sheet provided so need a sleep sheet

Great location right near the walking trails and best ski lifts Only a 10 min walk from the train station Really obliging staff

Basic accomodation with good prices for the city where...
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Kitchen is not really one, you have no sink, no cutlery and only a few plates, not enought for all the guests. It is also the same small room used as TV room. The showers where 2 floors down and we had only 1 toilet on a floor with at least 3/4 rooms of 6 people each. The bunk bed had no stairs, so getting on the top one was a challenge trying no to disturb the person sleeping under me.

Basic accomodation with good prices for the city where it's located. Confortable bed.

The place needs to be debugged. And the showers unclogged.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

There were bed bugs. I was bitten along with 3 other people that night. When i confronted the manager about it, he was not only extremely rude, he also tried to say he couldnt be certain that it wasnt me that brought the bugs in. 3 people 2 different rooms. Not only that but he claimed no one had stayed in the room for 10 days prior.... wonder why...Basically he had a really lousy level of customer service. Besides that the blankets provided aren't comfy. The showers clog up and spill out of the shower basin.. for what you pay and what you recieve I'd say it is pretty sub par.

The three women working I met while staying were all very polite and friendly. The wifi works. It's in the heart of the city.

Great place
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

1. One thing was a bit of a bummer, in the showers, there is only one knob, with water with a temperature you can't set. result is kind of warm water 2. No place to put your shoes after a long day...

cost effective .clean. simple. beautiful place.

Would not stay there again, unless things improve.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The location for us was excellent.

The location was excellent. Close to the cable car for the M atterhorn and town. The door locks were very loose, not sure it would hold if someone wanted in. The noise level was not comfortable for sleeping. Everyone that closed their doors made a big bang. Also walking up and down the stairs. Curtains on the windows did not cover the window so light and people could see into the room. The staff were very helpful.

Very friendly and helpful reception.

Cant think of any

Very friendly and helpful reception. Clean and comfortable bed. Had a peaceful sleep after the long trek. Wonderful location. Cheap. Will definitely recommend.

Decent stay; you get what you pay for
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

Breakfast could have been included. We didn't buy that because we expected that it's nothing much and we could go to a grocery store for that. Bathrooms could be cleaned a little more often.

Cheapest option available at about 45 CHF/person (including city tax) in a 4-persons room (we booked the whole room). The highlight was actually the restaurant/bar next door (owned by the same person) and they had a Mexican food buffet for dinner. The bunk beds were ok. The bathrooms and shower rooms were also ok. You get what you pay for.

Poor quality hostel for the price of the dorms
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Is not too pricey but I have stayed in other hostels in Switzerland for same price and way better quality. The staff a bit rude, dirty toilets and small lounge for the amount of people staying the weekend. It may be good for groups travelling, but not for solo travelers like me

The bed was fine and there were blankets so despite the room was a bit cold, the bed clothing helped.

Exciting!!
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

There are not fire in the Kitchen. Bed trembled very well.

Very near the rope way. Location is very good. And very friendly customers. Shower is strong. The miracle for me that although I did not sleep too much but get power to walk strongly around mountain because of the clearn and fresh air. I love Matterhorn.

Fantastic, comfy and homely.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The stairway was the smallest I've seen. But it had it's charm. Unfortunately the reception is only open from 4 pm, but you can still leave your things, which was good.

The girl at the reception was very very nice and helpful! Comfy enough beds, bathrooms and washing facilities very close to the room. Good location very close to the ski lifts. Very good value for money.

I would stay there again.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

There was lack of eating facilities for the amount of travellers that stay in the hostel. The storing food at the hostel was also a problem. The hostel could also do more to improve self catering facilities.

Staff were very helpful and flexible with booking. The rooms were clean.

Very small hostel
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Narrow windy stairs. Can be difficult for older people needing to climb up or down. Rooms were crammed. Overall, the property needs a little upkeep / refurbishment. Furnitures were old.

Shared toilets and sinks on the first floor made night visits convenient.

Hostel was ok for a night but have stayed in better youth hostels.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Decor and beds could do with a revamp.

Great breakfast - value for money, helpful and friendly staff. Good dinner deal at Sparky's restaurant next door for dinner.

Good location and is very, very cheap.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Very cramped, I feel like they try to fit as many beds into the room as possible. A couple need to be removed.

Good location and is very, very cheap. Great location for Matterhorn and if you're just passing through Zermatt for a night would highly recommend staying here. I think, without breakfast, I paid 18CHF. If I stayed elsewhere I'd have been looking at 45CHF+

It was ok. Wouldn't stay again.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Apparently you can see the Matterhorn from the town but it was too rainy and cloudy when I was there. If you've ever been to a ski lodge, not a fancy one, this one had the look, feel, and smell that goes with it. Everything was cold and moist it seems. And there was one common room which was tiny and no kitchen. Being Switzerland I wanted to make my own food cause it's SO EXPENSIVE but I couldn't so I had to get food in town. Only a few plugs for a lot of people. And it's loud. And cold. No sheets just a wool blanket. And there are no ladders to get on the top bunk so that was difficult.

The town was super cute and great. The hostel isn't bad. Lockers in the room. Cheap compared to the rest of town.

Good location, cheap, but quite small hostel
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The hostel tell is quiet small. Many beds in one room But it's fair because the price per one bad is quite cheap

The location was great with good views, not too far from the train station and the cabin the the matterhorn

more about location than accommodation
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

the beds were cramped too close together. the showers were dirty. the stairs to the top floor were difficult to navigate with a backpack on

the room had a beautiful view and was a nice temperature

Nice stay at lap of the matterhorn
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The view of matterhorn right in front of the hostel is just amazing. The staff helped us microwave the chicken although it came under 'experimenting' :)

No way to charge phone in room.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

You had to go upstairs using a spiral staircase with no handrail not good for an elderly person

No way to charge phone in room. I had to leave my phone at the front desk overnight to charge it

Friendly people and things are within walking distance.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

There's really no security and barely any way to even lock your stuff up. Complete honesty policy and someone had things stolen. Even the doors have no locks including the front door. Breakfast not included and no kitchen! Not even a microwave. There's no nice views.

Friendly people and things are within walking distance.

It was very homey.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

It was very homey. My friend and I were placed in a mixed room of 6 people. Beds and lockers were fine. However, I think there was only one electrical outlet in our room. Besides that, everything was superb! Staff was really friendly and helpful ! 💕 I would definitely come back!

Not worth the savings
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Was not given a key to my locker (no option for personal lock), "hot" shower is lukewarm at best, dorm rooms can't be locked, WiFi is terrible, clerk was too busy browsing coffee pots to greet me

Great location and lovely staff, but not necessarily great value for money.

The general age/decor and quality of the furnishings and decorations was pretty poor, (check the graffiti on the underside of the upper bunks) and the sound of people stomping up and down the stairs all night didn't help. If it was cheap I wouldn't have minded so much but at 250chr for two nights, we could have stayed at the Hotel Continental for 40chf more! Also the step/slope out of the shower rooms is deadly, a slip hazard waiting to happen.

Location, staff and facility were excellent! No complaints at all.

The staff was very helpful in providing information for...
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

There was only luke warm water in the showers, only one setting, it cannot be adjusted. The blanket was also a bit itchy, due to the material it is made from.

The staff was very helpful in providing information for around town and also helped us choose a very nice authentic place for dinner. Walk from the station wasn't too bad especially with the view with Matterhorn in the horizon.

Excellent hostel in Zermatt!!!
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

There's no kitchen but fridge n microwave, and the Wi-Fi is bit slow to load something. It's limited the amount of hot water, so you have to save them as possible to make sure that everyone can use it n probably that's why it's not so hot.

Friendly staff are welcoming you and reasonable price as a hostel in expensive Zermatt or Switzerland. Totally, you who is a frugal or backpacker will be satisfied with staying this hostel.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Good cosy hostel
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The showers weren't very hot, but it didn't kill me. Travelling on a budget it's important to make our own food to save money, hostels without kitchen facilities make it much harder.

The staff were really nice and helpfull. The rooks were clean and had good storage.

The location is quite far from Zermatt station but you can able to walk about 15 mins.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

I booked a room with twin bed and shared toilet. but what i got is full of beds in the room which this limited my usage of space. The toilets and showers are shared which a lot of people. The place looked very old. The towel is not for free and it is for rent.

The view in front of hostel, you can see clearly view of Matterhorn.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Quaint, good for the price, homely
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The location is OK. It isn't in the middle of the bars and restaurants etc., more on the edge of the town. BUT nothing is really that far in Zermatt, and it isn't that much of a pain to just walk to where you'd like to go. The main reason it is annoying to me is because I hate being cold, and Zermatt can get quite chilly if you aren't used to that weather. I think breakfast should be included with the price, but it is not.

The staff person was very friendly and helpful. There were plenty of bathroom stalls, and the hostel had a very homely feel to it. It wasn't noisy as all.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

We have been told to upgrade to a bigger room with extra...
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

We have been told to upgrade to a bigger room with extra beds! The beds are comfy except the blankets! Overall is good and you got what you paid for! The shower temperature is just right !

The cheapest one in Zermatt
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The rooms upstairs are too narrow and crowded. And the shower room is down down stairs, it's not convenient. The location is near the cable car station but far from train station. Due to the resteraunt at first floor, if somebody's drunk, it will be noisy.

The staff is really kind and lovely.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Not worth. Worst hostel till date
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Room was worst. I had booked private room with double bed. He have us hostel room with 9 beds!! Space was so much congested. To use wash rooms we had to go from 1 floor to other. Staircase facility was worst to carry quite heavy luggage.. Worst hostel till date

Nothing except he booked a taxi for us for early morning

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Excellent location, cheap hostel
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The hostel doesn't excel for cleanliness. The room are incredibly small. No closets available. The breakfast is poor for what you pay. Overeall ok if you care just for a bed close to the ski slopes.

I was there for a ski weekend. The location is excellent, close to the slopes and cablecar. The price is a win. The facilities are poor but the showers are many and ok.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Not ideal, but the best for a budget
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Expensive for a hostel, though everything in Zermatt is. Emailed about parking and got told the hostel didn't have any, which was fine but it would've been better if they had mentioned Zermatt is a NO CAR TOWN. Instead we drove up to the village like naive tourists. Rooms were cold, and don't come with sheets or a key, all Extra. Facilities were mediocre, and had zero heating throughout.

500m from a ski lift which was the only redeeming factor.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

The hostel in itself is nice.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The blanket was too thin, i got a cold because of that. Also, the blanket was apparently infested of mites or other pests because my body was covered of several stings after two nights spent there

The hostel in itself is nice.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Good!
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The common room is very little. There was not hot water to take a bath when I tried (I know some people had but they also commented that it got flooded). There is only a microwave to cook your food.

Great location, you are at walking distance from the Matterhorn funicular. The hostel has also a bar anexed to it that is good for after ski.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Cheap and you know why
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

We had to pay extra for a towel AND a bed sheet!!! I don't know if they expect you to wrap yourself in a 70s itchy blanket or if you are supposed to bring your sleeping bag to Switzerland. They could make this place way better if they dropped the stinginess.

Perfectly located

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Great Location super close to the ski lifts.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Showers weren't as hot as i'd like them to be. As a vegan there was absolutely nothing to eat at breakfast (although this is true of most places in the mountains). Zermatt has a couple of supermarkets so I just bought food and kept it at the hostel. Only minor negatives really.

Great Location super close to the ski lifts. Perfect for me as I tend be out all day and only use the hostel to sleep and shower. Staff were friendly and helpful. Close to the village centre and only 10 minute walk from Zermatt Bahnhof.

Spend a bit more money somewhere else..
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Room too small for six, filthy TV room. Blankets too cold. Beds too small and shallow. Smelly. No power outlets. Very narrow stairs. Pricey for whats offered.

Staff really friendly.