Reviews of Mövenpick Hotel Zürich-Regensdorf 4 stars

Im Zentrum 2, 8105 Regensdorf, Switzerland

#2 of 5 hotels in Regensdorf

italian restaurant in the hotel was amazing, free pizza...
    • Family Room

italian restaurant in the hotel was amazing, free pizza meals for the kids which came within minutes of us ordering them. really good house wine and waitering service to be proud of, definitely one to visit again.

Staff not the friendliest
    • Classic Queen Room

I arrived at a terminal where there was no sign that showed info about the shuttle bus service. I called the receptionist, but he wasn't much helpful.

Shuttle bus to/from the airport

A very nice stay near Zurich airport!
    • Family Room

I wish there was not a charge for parking. Cost was CHF 18.

Front desk staff were very helpful and friendly. Hotel was very clean. We were originally supposed to stay one night but we had a cancelled flight and stayed two nights. Front desk even helped us with rebooking our flight. Breakfast is excellent with a wide variety of options. We did eat dinner in one of the hotel restaurants and it was excellent as well. Train station to Zurich city center is a short 10 minute walk. Train into Zurich is approximately 25 minutes and well worth it if you have the time. If we fly out of Zurich in the future we would definitely stay here again. Note; many airlines use this hotel for their flight staff.

The girl who signed us to the hotel was great and we got...
    • Family Room

Not all of the staff was that nice and helpful. i.e when I called for the airport shutle the guy on the phone didn't seem to have any patience for giving me instructions and was eager to hang up. I felt like he was doing me a big favor by talking to me. When we were checking out the girl was a bit rude. Propably shouldn't work in customer service, or maybe she had a bad day. When trying to get room service our first evening, we had the same problem you have every time you call to a pizzeria in Finland, for some reason it just doesn't work. It's impossible to get what is promised in the menu and it's impossible to communicate like with western people. Change what you promise or deliver what you say. We went to bed hungry our first evening. When you pay 250€ for one night, you expect at least good service.

The girl who signed us to the hotel was great and we got great service from her. I think her first name started with A. The hotel was clean, stylish and the rooms were comfortable. We liked the location of the hotel. Nice small Swiss village near Zurich. I would recommend the hotel for sure. Only problems were with the service of few individuals. I'm sure most of the staff is very nice professional.

I am a travel agent. This is where I will stay and put my clients, also!

It was very convenient to the airport for our last night in Switzerland and they had a free shuttle to the airport. The rooms were air conditioned so the windows were closed. This helped mute out any outside noise as we were there on the Sunday night of the big bicycle race and they were all staying there. There were also black out curtains. It was a great night's sleep before heading out for the next 24 hours before getting back to Texas. The best thing was that I went to the restaurant and they gave me a big bucket of ice to take back to my room!

Worst customer service
    • Classic Queen Room

rude staff (well except for the shuttle driver in the check out day) not answering phones for assistance noisy environment not even slipper or free water shuttle need to be scheduled

Excellent property and extremely good staff.
    • Superior King Room

Didn’t use the swimming pool .i missed it

Excellent property and extremely good staff.Will prefer to stay there once I am in Zurich again .The proximity with train ,bus is very good and it was a zero hassle stay.the kept my luggage which I collect after 4days when I am back.Such a courteous approach .Must stay as property is very good also

좋았음.(Good.
    • Family Room

1. I had a difficult to find the hotel, because the navigation of rent car couldn't fine out the address 'Im Zentrum ...' My rent car is brand new Mercedes E220 and navigation was quite good. I don'know which is wrong, Navi or Hotel address, but had to waste 23~30 minutes to reach hotel. 2. Parking was so expensive-25 SFr. for one night

좋았음.(Good.) Breakfast was also nice.

Very satisfied with my stay
    • Family Room

Very close to Regendorf watt station but far from city centre.The property itself is well equipped with all the luxuries.I am very satisfied with my stay.The best part is the airport shuttle drop which is free of charge.

Ok
    • Family Room

Receptionist Orchid was very helpful. Hotel need to improve on airport shuttle as the duration is not friendly for the guest compared to other hotels. Secondly,the room heater was too hot and the replacement room heater was also not functioning. A bit disappointed.

Would stay here again!
    • Family Room

Wish it was a little closer to down town, but for the price it was fantastic and a really easy commute by train

Clean, comfortable, beautiful hotel with everything we needed.

all in all a pleasant stay at movenpick hotel .
    • Family Room

probably the only thing was having breakfast was a bit expensive , maybe for guest staying at the hotel should have a discount price .

well sized room , very clean and comfortable , no noise just a perfect stay , the mall was great being next to the hotel , also train station just 10 minutes walk away. I would recommend this hotel for sure.

The stay was Valu for money.
    • Superior King Room

We have paid for two adults and two kids, we were given a room with one double bed but our friends were given two double bed room with two adults and two kids. Also a swimming pool would be nice for guests.

The staff very nice, food was excellent. Room was very cleaner.

The staff is super friendly.
    • Premium King Room

Water pressure of shower is rather pathetic, at least on 6th floor.

The staff is super friendly. Train station is 5 minutes away, so you can get to Zürich center in 25 minutes.

The bed was comfortable, breakfast was excellent
    • Classic Queen Room

The property was not or very poorly heated. In the night it was hard to sleep because it was so cold. The security deposit to be paid amounted to 80% of the amount that I paid for my entire stay. My friend's security deposit on the other hand only amounted to 1/4 of mine. This practice seemed very odd. Also my friend had to ask every day for her room to be made (at 4.30 pm it wasn't done yet) - something we would take for granted in a hotel of this category.

The bed was comfortable, breakfast was excellent

Great hotel felt very comfortable and welcomed us 10 girls very well.

It was abit cold in the room, wouldn’t warm up and also not much lighting

The bed was comfy and the bathroom had the best lighting. Also the room was very big and looked lovely.

The hotel is comfortable, with spacious and clean rooms.
    • Family Room

The breakfast rate is excessively high - 28CHF for person. For a family of four, turns it to expensive. However, there are plenty of other good options nearby. I left the car on the available space near the hotel (outside the garage) and paid the same 18 CHF for parking.

The hotel is comfortable, with spacious and clean rooms. The staff is very polite and always available to help.

Would not chose again. There are better places in better locations for the same price (incl extras).
    • Classic Queen Room

Breakfast ended 30 min earlier than advertised. Everything is extra (even though not clear from Booking.co app). Over priced for what it is and what you get, especially with having to pay extra.

The pillows and then bed were good.

Not what I expected, disappointing.
    • Classic Queen Room

I searched on booking.com for a Zurich Airport hotel. This hotel should not have been on the list. The free shuttle is described as 'on request' but it runs on a schedule (up to 2 hours between shuttles) and you have to reserve as well. When I called, the one at the airport was booked and the next one was 90 mins later. You have to stand out in the cold to wait for it as the timing is unpredictable, and it doesn't wait long. Also, there is a loud disco in the hotel til 2am. It was clearly audible from my room on the third floor. The reception guys did their best to shut doors to keep the noise down. Finally I understood from the website that there were some included spa facilities. Of course, I was too late to use them anyway, but they are outside the hotel and cost CHF25 per visit. Overall disappointing as it was just not what I was expecting.

Staff were helpful and friendly.

good, but with room for improvement.
    • SLEEP Queen

hotel bar closed on sundays, I booked a "sleep queen" room (surcharge) but didn't recognize any of the specific features, ceilings at some points very low: 1m95+ people should watch out for not bumping their head against the emergency exit signs, was I too late for the announced welcome drink...?

very good breakfast with excellent and friendly service, comfortable bed, shopping center next to the hotel

I can recommend this hotel to other people who would like to visit Zürich-Regensdorf.
    • SLEEP Queen

Very friendly and helpful staff. Very clean, warm and comfortable room. Very good location and shuttle service from and to airport. Receptionists were very supportive and quickly organised room with full bath (not shower only). Good fitness center with sauna, steam room and outside Jacuzzi.

it is a very and clean modern hotel with an own covered car...
    • Classic Queen Room

The airconditioning system is very loud in the hotel room (in a premium room, top floor, as well when it was shut down...). therefore sleeping was not very comfortable. it is overall very clean and high quality. the staff is firendly, with just one exeption at the morning (was a strange person).

it is a very and clean modern hotel with an own covered car parking. has free suttle service to the airport zürich.

Awesome and memorable
    • Family Room

The place is clean and reception is very friendly. There is free airport shuttle which is so convenient, and the location is next to a departmental store, everything we can find in there. The breakfast is superb too! We definitely miss the stay at this hotel.

A good place to wrap up my Europe holiday
    • Family Room

The location is rather out of place but its hotel-airport shuttle service compensate this challenge

Friendly staff that made an effort to made you feel welcome during checkin

I reserved my room via booking with price 98 EUR per night.
    • Family Room

I reserved my room via booking with price 98 EUR per night. But at the reception I must pay 117 EUR, because I dit not have swiss franc. I said to him , that I have the reservation with only 98 EUR. But He didn't agree a finally I must pay 117 EUR. I am not satisfied and want the explanation. Thanks Nguyen

Not so good
    • Family Room

Family Room is too small. Daily menu for breakfast is same and very boring. No help for baggage delivery to and out of room

Reception staffs are too good

Nice hotel to stay when youre travelling with kids.

Lobby to small

Breakfast perfect, bedroom very clean. Near shoppingmall. Friendy staff at front office. Only pick up staff at the airport looks sleepy. Maybe need to refresh

Good experince, shocked with no access for childern to the pool
    • Family Room

Access to pool is with extra money 25 CHF per person and is not allowed for childern, Parking was expensive 18 CHF per day

Gentle and Nice tam, comfort and calm place, Great breakfast

No indoor pool for the family. Great breakfast.
    • Family Room

This hotel is wrongly advertised on booking.com as having an indoor swimming pool on the premises. This isn't the case a and was a massive disappointment as we had chosen this hotel because of the pool. In fact there's an adjoining gym which has a pool. This isn't part of the hotel nor is it included in the price and kids under 16 aren't allowed there. The hotel staff was friendly enough explaining this but also told us this 'confusion' occured regularly. Unfortunately it doesn't look like anything is being done about this misleading information as it provides them with more customers. Parking at 18chf per day is steep, as this isn't central Zurich. Housekeeping forgot to replace a few items after the first morning: garbage bags in bathroom and hotel room; tissues; wash clothes and to remove used glasses.

Breakfast buffet was excellent. Good noise insulation.

Great overnight base before rental car return at Zurich airport
    • Family Room

Great value for money, near a supermarket and gas station. Stayed before early flight, location close to airport. Easy to park, nice staff at reception

Very combfortable! Great breakfast buffet
    • Family Room

That you have to pay to use the gym close by as there isn't one part of the hotel

The location is great! The staff are especially friendly and accomodating.

Spacious and very clean room.
    • Family Room

The area is a bit on the outskirts of Zurich, but is well connected by buses and train. Since it was a bit away from the center, had limited options for eating and hanging out.

Spacious and very clean room. Had all the amenities. Great breakfast. Very quiet neighborhood.

Wonderful stay with supermarket/mall next to it.
    • Family Room

Nothing to do.Good hotel for a decent budget.

Wonderful Hotel to stay for families.Comfortable and the airport shuttle which is free is great.It is bit far from Zurich city though.

Room super quiet, large and and very comfortable.
    • Family Room

Room super quiet, large and and very comfortable. Bathroom very good (tooth bruth and paste though missing) Use ONLY shuttle from the airport as taxi fare is exhorbitant

Simply outstanding
    • Family Room

Shuttle didn't show up to pick us up from the airport but they made up for it by accommodating our request when left the next day.

Outstanding breakfast. Also I'd like to add that Thomas (front desk) was truly a professional. He went above and beyond the call of duty and offered a lot of good advice regarding the old town of Zurich.

Nice hotel. Friendly staff. Not far from airport. Easy access to transportation.

Paid parking, would wish it was free! The floor we stayed at was very noisy! I complained to the receptionist but they were too many people to control! It is not the hotel fault, rather it is individual attitude from some.

The staff is extremely cooperative. They would answer any question and guide you through the way to reach downtown and how to use public transpiration. 10 steps away from a bus station leading to train then downtown. Safe parking Very nice breakfast.

As a family, we enjoyed the stay at Movenpick.
    • Family Room

Breakfast, I think kids should not be charged for breakfast.

The location and proximity to the station and the shopping centre located next door to the hotel. The room was clean. Overall satisfied with the stay. The free shuttle service to the hotel from airport.

The hotel asked me for a feedback and a minimum of 200 word...
    • Family Room

The hotel asked me for a feedback and a minimum of 200 word review was required. Are guests really required to write an essay about the place they stay for 1 night?!

Comfortable room, air conditioned which was a pleasure...
    • Family Room

Comfortable room, air conditioned which was a pleasure during the hot summer. Real bed for the kids instead of a sleeping sofa was a real plus. The hotel is quite old as I can see in the room (bed sheets, towels).

Staff is not carring
    • Family Room

Ac was not working. Bath faucet was giving only hot water, on complaining they told i dont know how to use For air conditioning they told they will fix in the day. I stay one night and i could not sleep too much hot and humidity in it

Room was big and clean

Love it

Perfect location. Out skirts of Zurich. City centre can be reached in just 15 minutes by train. Train station is 5 minutes walk .Reasonable shopping mall just in front. All tours can be arranged from hotel. Airport shuttle is free. From Zurich HB (train station ) take local train S6 on platform 41 /42.Direction Badin. It will take you to Regensdorf in just 15 minutes.Hotel is 5 to 7 minutes walk. Train is every 30 min. Rooms are clean with comfy beds. Quite surroundings for perfect night sleep . And last but not the least. Breakfast. You can't afford to miss it. Staff is great. All the time helping with a smile.

Extremely clean, excellent breakfast, perfectly nice...
    • Superior Queen Room

The bed size they market as "Queen" is only about 55 inches wide. It is smaller than the international standard for a queen size bed, which is 60+ inches wide.

Extremely clean, excellent breakfast, perfectly nice location if you don't mind taking public transportation into the Zurich city center. Great value for money over the weekend.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

nice and cozy rooms
    • Classic Queen Room

i booked the shuttle from the airport. However i arrived to the meeting point a couple of minutes late. I tried to call the hotel on the given number and they just didnt answer it! I took a taxi and once i arrived i spoke to the receptionist and he told me he couldnt take the call cause he had to attend many people at the reception!!!!!! he gave me a voucher for a free drink only!!!!!

nice and cozy rooms quite decent breakfast

Great meeting experience
    • Classic Queen Room

Staid at this hotel for a meeting that was taking place there Very convenient Airport Shuttle Free Upgrade to a bigger room Internet was fine as well did not have breakfast so I can't comment on that

Cleanliness, wellness access, breakfast, helpful staff, good...
    • Superior Queen Room

Parking for 18.- chf a day, free parking in the surrounding of the hotel.

Cleanliness, wellness access, breakfast, helpful staff, good restaurant (ciao)

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

Excellent hotel
    • Superior Two Queen Bed Room

Right next door to a large shopping centre and walking distance from where our friends live. Excellent stay in a pretty village on the outskirts of Zurich

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

Disappointing stay

Woken up at 3am by noisy aircon, reaction by the hotel staff was not to my expectations for 4* hotel, as I was advised next time to check the room on arrival....

Excellent breakfast, really nice. Great restaurant staff in the evening

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Two comforters on the bed was an excellent idea.
    • Superior King Room

Shower was difficult to operate and the water leaked outside of the enclosure.

Two comforters on the bed was an excellent idea. Brilliant! Sparkling wine on check-in was a very lovely practice.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Good location to stay for a night with easy and free-of-charge airport shuttle.
    • Superior Two Queen Bed Room

In the morning very noisy due to workings in the underground garage (probably just temporary).

Multifaceted breakfast, very clean rooms (thanks to the room service stuff!), free-of-charge airport shuttle.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Had expected more.
    • Premium King Room

Expensive car parking, very very poor quality of internet, too many trainees at the frontdesk, spa was below average, shower in bathtub was withour pressure.

Nice spacious room, window could be opened.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

We like Regensdorf
    • Premium King Room

I had a challenge figuring out the squeeze (that was the secret) soap containers. Good idea once I figured it out.

Really clean. The breakfast buffet was awesome--wide variety. Next door to a small shopping center with food and a great market.

Shopping mall is next to it.
    • Family Room

The hotel is far away from downtown.

Shopping mall is next to it.

It would have been better to pay for an expensive hotel in Zurich rather than taxi plus hotel cost

Cost 100 euro return to the city in taxi

Price

Excellent family room and breakfast

Excellent family room and breakfast

Best for Family
    • Family Room

Location.. Near Bus & Train Station. Excellent connectivity with Zurich HB.

Beds could be bigger not big queen

Restaurant is great

Restaurant was great

10 min walk from the train station.
    • Family Room

10 min walk from the train station. Friendly and helpful staff. Comfortable room.

Too far from airport, shuttle bus reservations requirement...
    • Family Room

Too far from airport, shuttle bus reservations requirement wasn’t clear on website

Beautiful hotel and surrounding

Beautiful hotel and surrounding High class service Very rich breakfast

Memorable
    • Family Room

Excellent. Don't hesitate and take it.

Good hotel.
    • Family Room

Far away from airport....bt compensate as next to hotel is shopping mall.....s

Shopping mall next to hotel.

Hotel Was Good
    • Family Room

The room they provided was too tight for the family. There was no lock for the WC

Hotel Was Good

I had requested high floor room , I got ground floor

I had requested high floor room , I got ground floor

Close to the airport
    • Family Room

Far from the center area

Close to the airport

Clean
    • Premium King Room

Didnt have my room available and I had to downgrade

Clean

Food is fantastic warmly welcomed nicely located

Absolutely everthing

It was pleasant
    • Family Room

Breakfast was good.. though repeated selections it became tiring.....BOILED EGGS EVERYDAY! but the free shuttle service was the best...

Excellent!!!

All good

Very comfortable and convenient stay

Nice stay and top organised hotel
    • Classic Queen Room

The staff and the service. Top!

Location convenience and clealiness

No free Movenpick ice cream

Location convenience and clealiness

Nice hotel and appreciated the shopping plaza next door.
    • Classic Queen Room

The brown carpet in the room.

Staff at reception were excellent, I did not have breakfast but the service at the workshop was excellent.

• Family Room

A bit far from Zurich, no free parking

Everything great, very good breakfast, comfortable well equipped room

Value for money.
    • Family Room

Breakfast and the room was very comfortable. Except the location, this would be value for money in Zurich.

There was no hot kettle and they said there was swimming...
    • Family Room

There was no hot kettle and they said there was swimming pool but was none and no complementary tea coffee

The occasional movenpick chocolate free tasting at the lobby.
    • Family Room

The occasional movenpick chocolate free tasting at the lobby. Easy access to nearby shopping centre. Which has quite a big supermarket inside.

Browse Mövenpick Hotel Zürich-Regensdorf traveller photo gallery